• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Number Hunters (OOC Chat)

Very true! I'm still waiting the day they finally make a modern era Rp game with actually allowing character creation and ability to build theme decks quicker or perhaps having a choice of starting decks to pick from like Pokémon with Pokémon, if that makes sense. Allowing a theme deck like say Ghostrick for instance to start with for your OC.

I liked tagforce, but they never evolved imo. Just the same deal each time and difficult to build a theme deck.
See, that is something that seems like it could be an awesome fan game or something. Konami wouldn't make anything like that though...because...well...Konami only cares about the money, screw the fans. Stupid pachinko machines.

Tagforce is...ok, but it's always just the same thing, yeah. And...well...arc-v's tagforce makes it SOMEWHAT easier to build theme decks, but still stupidly difficult. Plus it's a japan only game, so, you have to play it on an emulator and using an english patched version unless you can read japanese...so...that single small benefit is not at all worthwhile in that regard.

See, that is something that seems like it could be an awesome fan game or something. Konami wouldn't make anything like that though...because...well...Konami only cares about the money, screw the fans. Stupid pachinko machines.

Tagforce is...ok, but it's always just the same thing, yeah. And...well...arc-v's tagforce makes it SOMEWHAT easier to build theme decks, but still stupidly difficult. Plus it's a japan only game, so, you have to play it on an emulator and using an english patched version unless you can read japanese...so...that single small benefit is not at all worthwhile in that regard.
I think it would awesome too. It's too bad though, I'd imagine that game would bring in millions with fans and Yugioh popularity.

It was ok, I only played the first pair of games. The rest were limited to outside US and just didn't appeal enough anyways. Since they stayed basically the same and never changed much.

Yeah i read up on the Arc V, didn't know about the easier building for decks. But that process doesn't seem worth buying the game, if nothing good was added to the gameplay.

I think it would awesome too. It's too bad though, I'd imagine that game would bring in millions with fans and Yugioh popularity.

It was ok, I only played the first pair of games. The rest were limited to outside US and just didn't appeal enough anyways. Since they stayed basically the same and never changed much.

Yeah i read up on the Arc V, didn't know about the easier building for decks. But that process doesn't seem worth buying the game, if nothing good was added to the gameplay.
If only it was possible to find someone willing to make a fangame like that...except even then konami would probably send a cease and desist anyway. =-= Konami just wouldn't put in the effort and would just rather keep making more cheaply made easy to make quick to make yugioh games that really aren't even all that worth buying.

Yeah, nah, I played it all the way through and it is ENTIRELY not worth it. You've got your destiny draws, which, well, you probably know what that is already. You've got your Tag Duels, which, well, it's obvious what that is. Nothing new that's good really, not worth it.

True. I can't imagine what they will come up with next. *_*

Since I've hinted at Gregorious taking a break from scenes in character and Ty and Alexanders duel nearing a end. I could put something together soon. If you'd like? I think I recall you mentioning the tournament was coming up, announcements were near as well. I think? So I could debut this character soonish, any name ideas?

Haha I could, but might be awhile since my sleeping lately has been troubled and way off the mark.

I orignally had it planned to be coming up pretty soon. So yeah, that'll work. As for a name, why not call them Yutaka? It means Wealthy. Or Takumi? It means Skillful.

Sleeping for me as been all over the place with the stupid cold that I had.

I also have a character in mind for a GX RP since we were talking about that not so long ago. Thinking of calling him Yuudai. It means Great Hero.

If only it was possible to find someone willing to make a fangame like that...except even then konami would probably send a cease and desist anyway. =-= Konami just wouldn't put in the effort and would just rather keep making more cheaply made easy to make quick to make yugioh games that really aren't even all that worth buying.

Yeah, nah, I played it all the way through and it is ENTIRELY not worth it. You've got your destiny draws, which, well, you probably know what that is already. You've got your Tag Duels, which, well, it's obvious what that is. Nothing new that's good really, not worth it.
Yeah it's rather sad and depressing for Yugioh fans. Even Pokémon eventually updates things a tad and introduced new things. And they've made way more games (seemingly -& for longer) then Yugioh. Perhaps they need a fans wake up call to get them moving onto something good for the series of games.

I hated destiny Draw to be honest. It really didn't help me much, because pending on what card is selected for your destiny choice, may not help in every jam. So you could still end up with nothing good anyways. It's not like the series where they can do heart of the cards more effectively or Rp wise too. But yeah I like tag duels, but doesn't bring enough entertainment on its own. True.

I orignally had it planned to be coming up pretty soon. So yeah, that'll work. As for a name, why not call them Yutaka? It means Wealthy. Or Takumi? It means Skillful.

Sleeping for me as been all over the place with the stupid cold that I had.

I also have a character in mind for a GX RP since we were talking about that not so long ago. Thinking of calling him Yuudai. It means Great Hero.
Takumi for some reasons remind me of Mako Tsunami....... I've got no idea why. I'll use that one though, haha since plenty of names in Yugioh have YU in them already. Thanks

That's too bad, I've not had a cold, but sleep still have been lacking and/or out of schedule.

Awesome! I kinda do as well. Thought I'd use that Vampire deck idea and build a OC around that, while having him be a Ra Yellow. Name wise I haven't got one yet though.

Nice!

Not a problem. Happy to help out Saru.

I just sleep whenever I feel like it I guess. XD

Yudai might be in Red because I dunno, I like making beginner characters that work their way from the bottom to the top. I gotta make like a plot though. Dunno what I can do with it yet.

Yeah it's rather sad and depressing for Yugioh fans. Even Pokémon eventually updates things a tad and introduced new things. And they've made way more games (seemingly -& for longer) then Yugioh. Perhaps they need a fans wake up call to get them moving onto something good for the series of games.

I hated destiny Draw to be honest. It really didn't help me much, because pending on what card is selected for your destiny choice, may not help in every jam. So you could still end up with nothing good anyways. It's not like the series where they can do heart of the cards more effectively or Rp wise too. But yeah I like tag duels, but doesn't bring enough entertainment on its own. True.
Konami needs to step up their game. I still sort of like them, but, as of current years they've been growing more and more sluggish and lazy with...well...practically everything not card-game related. Not only that, but they won't even let the fans try to do things to garner more popularity for their own games... Also, I agree that Destiny Draw is KINDA stupid...unless you're like me and set it so that your Destiny Draw is ALWAYS some sort of board wipe. I.E. Dark Hole or Raigeki. Sort of just a bit of revenge before the inevitable death of yourself.

Konami needs to step up their game. I still sort of like them, but, as of current years they've been growing more and more sluggish and lazy with...well...practically everything not card-game related. Not only that, but they won't even let the fans try to do things to garner more popularity for their own games... Also, I agree that Destiny Draw is KINDA stupid...unless you're like me and set it so that your Destiny Draw is ALWAYS some sort of board wipe. I.E. Dark Hole or Raigeki. Sort of just a bit of revenge before the inevitable death of yourself.
Perhaps they should partner up with a game company, who could do all the work and create the video games and let Konami just focus on the cards, while profiting off the improved and evolving works in modern rpgs.

They might end up spending less to make the game and wouldn't need to bother with overseeing everything. I like konami still due to the cards, just quite disappointed with the games. It's a series with great potential if given the chance and modern gaming.

Poor decision on their parts. Fans could do great things with what some are capable of. Mods, fan art, etc can prove what I mean.

After awhile, I just didn't bother with it. So I didn't use it for setting up board cleaners like Dark hole and etc. my tag partners had destiny draw and seemed to have decent draws with it, so I let them use it and I focused on everything else duel wise. Least of that I could in the game.

Not a problem. Happy to help out Saru.

I just sleep whenever I feel like it I guess. XD

Yudai might be in Red because I dunno, I like making beginner characters that work their way from the bottom to the top. I gotta make like a plot though. Dunno what I can do with it yet.
^^

Haha. I do that unintentionally once in awhile, but during work/jobs periods and other Rl stuff, I try to avoid doing it too often for me personally.

I always liked Ra yellow so with every GX character I think up, I usually just place them within Ra. But I could see the benefits of doing it your way, plenty of development and opportunities with Slifer Red.

If your open to ideas and if I have any come to mind, I'll throw some your way.

Perhaps they should partner up with a game company, who could do all the work and create the video games and let Konami just focus on the cards, while profiting off the improved and evolving works in modern rpgs.

They might end up spending less to make the game and wouldn't need to bother with overseeing everything. I like konami still due to the cards, just quite disappointed with the games. It's a series with great potential if given the chance and modern gaming.

Poor decision on their parts. Fans could do great things with what some are capable of. Mods, fan art, etc can prove what I mean.

After awhile, I just didn't bother with it. So I didn't use it for setting up board cleaners like Dark hole and etc. my tag partners had destiny draw and seemed to have decent draws with it, so I let them use it and I focused on everything else duel wise. Least of that I could in the game.
If only Konami would do that...if only...

And yeah, fans can do some great things! Things that could lead to increased profits! And yet they're being ignored, and downright poorly treated by pretty much any fan-made content except for fan art being hit with a cease and desist. It's just ridiculous and offensive to the fans. =-=

^^

Haha. I do that unintentionally once in awhile, but during work/jobs periods and other Rl stuff, I try to avoid doing it too often for me personally.

I always liked Ra yellow so with every GX character I think up, I usually just place them within Ra. But I could see the benefits of doing it your way, plenty of development and opportunities with Slifer Red.

If your open to ideas and if I have any come to mind, I'll throw some your way.

^^

I don't have work or jobs so that's a plus on my end I guess? So I can stay up and sleep as much as I want. XD

Ra Yellow does look really cool, I gotta admit. Yee. I love developing characters out to be honest with you.

Always open for ideas. I do have a slight plot in mind? But not too much? I know I'm having it set five years after the end of GX. And some evil's gonna come and mess stuff up. XD

If only Konami would do that...if only...

And yeah, fans can do some great things! Things that could lead to increased profits! And yet they're being ignored, and downright poorly treated by pretty much any fan-made content except for fan art being hit with a cease and desist. It's just ridiculous and offensive to the fans. =-=
Agreed.

They really do! If Konami just saw the potential and likely lower cost of advertising and creative geniuses with fans, they could add to their money loving ways. Haha. I'm honestly still blown away by some of the mods people can create and add into games. While the art is epic too.

^^

I don't have work or jobs so that's a plus on my end I guess? So I can stay up and sleep as much as I want. XD

Ra Yellow does look really cool, I gotta admit. Yee. I love developing characters out to be honest with you.

Always open for ideas. I do have a slight plot in mind? But not too much? I know I'm having it set five years after the end of GX. And some evil's gonna come and mess stuff up. XD
Oh? Nice! That's a benefit to ones writing dreams ^^

I always favored Ra Yellow for some reason, they weren't the top dogs and some cases snobbish, arrogant bunch like Obelisk blue and their private pools and mansion estates. But weren't the deemed slackers with poorer conditions to live with either. The stereotype of skilled with great potential but not yet the obelisk level on exams or for what ever reason they might have. Since Bastion could easily be a blue but turned it down until he became the top duelist of his class or was it the academy as a whole?

It's a great experience there too in developing characters.

Oh? Nice sounding timeline, curious too. Am not sure of any ideas yet, but if I come up with any ill let you know.

Agreed.

They really do! If Konami just saw the potential and likely lower cost of advertising and creative geniuses with fans, they could add to their money loving ways. Haha. I'm honestly still blown away by some of the mods people can create and add into games. While the art is epic too.
Exactly... See, if Konami would just embrace the fan-made content based off of Yugioh, it would be such a more profitable series for them, such a more popular series. It's just somewhat sad and somewhat frustrating. =-=

Indeed it is. ^^

They were like in the middle. So I can see why you'd like 'em too.

Totally.

Well, I got a small plot in mind and it fairs well enough I think, so it'll be up shortly. It's a short and sweet kinda deal of the plot of the RP.

Exactly... See, if Konami would just embrace the fan-made content based off of Yugioh, it would be such a more profitable series for them, such a more popular series. It's just somewhat sad and somewhat frustrating. =-=
Agreed. Definitely understand there.

Indeed it is. ^^

They were like in the middle. So I can see why you'd like 'em too.

Totally.

Well, I got a small plot in mind and it fairs well enough I think, so it'll be up shortly. It's a short and sweet kinda deal of the plot of the RP.

Yeah! Had some cool characters too who started off there, like Slifer had Chumly, Syrus and Jaden plus Blair in later years. Obelisk had Alexis, Zane and Chazz. Ra had some great ones

Cool! Sounds good to me.

Agreed. Definitely understand there.

Yeah! Had some cool characters too who started off there, like Slifer had Chumly, Syrus and Jaden plus Blair in later years. Obelisk had Alexis, Zane and Chazz. Ra had some great ones

Cool! Sounds good to me.

Exactly.

Welp, it's up if you want a link to it?

Ammokkx Ammokkx Thesmashbro Thesmashbro hudhouse hudhouse SolemnSongbird SolemnSongbird Dex Med Dex Med Brass Skeleton Brass Skeleton Kit-Kat Kit-Kat

Thought I'd jump in and make a announcement while seeing who's still around and up for continuing this Rp. Dex I saw had a OC in the CS thread thus I'm tagging them as well. Moving on however..... I know the Rp has hit a snag and not yet moving toward the Arc or main plot real fast so far, due to some various reasons and departure of a earlier member. But now that I've gotten the clear from Kit and a idea of how to post this in the Ic thread for the Rp tournament Arc to begin. I wanted to get a head count and see about rounding you guys up and informing of the First Major Arc hitting the Rp soon with Takumi's post (Tournament host and creator) allowing us all to move into the main storyline and get moving again, while bringing everyone together in the Rp.

Thanks for the time,
This guy

I'm still here. As is probably expected. :p Gonna be posting a bit slow today and tomorrow, might not even be able to get any full posts done today or tomorrow. I've been quite busy. But yeah, I'm still here.

I'm still here. As is probably expected. :p Gonna be posting a bit slow today and tomorrow, might not even be able to get any full posts done today or tomorrow. I've been quite busy. But yeah, I'm still here.
Cool! I figured you were based on recent posts. ^^ But never hurts to double check these things. But no probs, I might not have Takumi's post ready until tonight or tomorrow sometime at best. I know from Legacy of Shadow that Kit will be away tomorrow with family, but am uncertain of others Status or if they have been getting notifications or not.

But cool news. Good to see folks still around to further the Rp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back