• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Number Hunters (OOC Chat)

Really? Well, it's good that you've already got quite a few of those cards, that's for sure. :p Makes putting a deck with support together easier for you.

Yeah... There are many ways to counter monsters...not many to counter battle traps, meaning that after a while the lack of opposition from your opponents just gets...well...bland and boring.

Triamids, a forgotten archetype with quite a bit of power behind it...almost like how Crystrons used to be. .-. And yeah, you probably got a ghostrick Stein then. :p Ghostrick spells/traps are good in...well...any flip effect deck, so they're good to have around.

Fire Fist is actually an early Zexal Era archetype. :p Not as new as you'd think. They are pretty good though!
Yeah it looks like half so far. But true, makes it easier indeed.

True.

Sounds like a good archetype. If they are a forgotten one, then it alone would likely interest me. Means less likely to become a common selection, haha. Which always adds interest. That sounds like the name, your highly likely correct in which one I got. They looked kind of interesting, though easily reminds me of a old Halloween cartoon kind of deck.

Ah I see. Out of the newer archetypes (Zexal & Up) that was one I hadn't seen really until recently.

Oh? Cool!

I'd imagine a good Yugioh fanfic might be fun in general, but one based off this Rp would sound epic as well.

That's good. Always best when the bug finally leaves and your feeling back to yourself again.

Yee. It's super dark though. Like chapter 1, oooh booy.

I've written a Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic once in the past. It was pretty bad. XD

Indeed. Now I can be on more and talk with you all again. And RP too.

Yee. It's super dark though. Like chapter 1, oooh booy.

I've written a Yu-Gi-Oh fanfic once in the past. It was pretty bad. XD

Indeed. Now I can be on more and talk with you all again. And RP too.
Haha after our earlier talks, I can't I'm surprised by the choice of dark aspects in your latest book. Since you mentioned liking the darker stuff. Sounds good though ^^

Really? I've never written or tried a Yugioh fanfic before. On attempted a small Naruto one during my early years of creative writing, it was horrid and showed my rookie creative writing habits/mistakes.

True, that's a good sign as well.

Yeah it looks like half so far. But true, makes it easier indeed.

True.

Sounds like a good archetype. If they are a forgotten one, then it alone would likely interest me. Means less likely to become a common selection, haha. Which always adds interest. That sounds like the name, your highly likely correct in which one I got. They looked kind of interesting, though easily reminds me of a old Halloween cartoon kind of deck.

Ah I see. Out of the newer archetypes (Zexal & Up) that was one I hadn't seen really until recently.
That's actually the idea behind them. Adorable versions of typical Halloween monsters...or at least ones typical in Japan in some cases. For the most part they're pretty fun to play...and their designs help lesson the blow from getting absolutely obliterated from them somewhat. :p

Not surprising. Fire Fist...erm...used to be very popular, but the popularity sort of died down quickly, even after it got a synchro support monster. It's fairly powerful though, should you get the right hand! It only has one problem, albeit a somewhat major one, a high reliance on Fire Formation spells and traps as well as extra deck monsters. Still, it's fun to play and has some decently powerful tricks up its sleeve.

That's actually the idea behind them. Adorable versions of typical Halloween monsters...or at least ones typical in Japan in some cases. For the most part they're pretty fun to play...and their designs help lesson the blow from getting absolutely obliterated from them somewhat. :p

Not surprising. Fire Fist...erm...used to be very popular, but the popularity sort of died down quickly, even after it got a synchro support monster. It's fairly powerful though, should you get the right hand! It only has one problem, albeit a somewhat major one, a high reliance on Fire Formation spells and traps as well as extra deck monsters. Still, it's fun to play and has some decently powerful tricks up its sleeve.
Haha I see. Sounds interesting for a flip deck. While potentially hilarious in a way. But if they are fun to play, it's one to keep in mind in the future.

It seems like more and more archetypes are becoming heavy on their reliance for spells lately. Perhaps I'm exaggerating but it seems like I'm running into similar decks with reliance on equip spells and spell cards in general. I'm not sure if they "Fire Fist" interest me enough to try anytime soon due to others I'd rather try first, but they have a cool design from those I've seen.

Haha I see. Sounds interesting for a flip deck. While potentially hilarious in a way. But if they are fun to play, it's one to keep in mind in the future.

It seems like more and more archetypes are becoming heavy on their reliance for spells lately. Perhaps I'm exaggerating but it seems like I'm running into similar decks with reliance on equip spells and spell cards in general. I'm not sure if they "Fire Fist" interest me enough to try anytime soon due to others I'd rather try first, but they have a cool design from those I've seen.
Eh...personally Fire Fist's design just doesn't work for me, but that's probably just me. :p But yeah...it's kinda 60-40 whether a deck will or won't be heavily spell/trap reliant nowadays. For some reason. I think deck thinning? I dunno.

Haha after our earlier talks, I can't I'm surprised by the choice of dark aspects in your latest book. Since you mentioned liking the darker stuff. Sounds good though ^^

Really? I've never written or tried a Yugioh fanfic before. On attempted a small Naruto one during my early years of creative writing, it was horrid and showed my rookie creative writing habits/mistakes.

True, that's a good sign as well.

Dark stuff is great to write for me anyway. But thanks. ^^

Oh God, my Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic is so cringy now. My writing was so horrible back in the day. I feel like it's improved somewhat.

It is indeed. ^^

Dark stuff is great to write for me anyway. But thanks. ^^

Oh God, my Yu-Gi-Oh Fanfic is so cringy now. My writing was so horrible back in the day. I feel like it's improved somewhat.

It is indeed. ^^
Your welcome! ^^

Haha I think writing in general when you start out is always rough, embarrassingly bad, but gets better overtime I'd imagine. I still have slips and absence of words and descriptions I aim to use but can't always think of when I need them. Or am wanting them.

On a side note: I feel like that Ghostrick deck would be a awesome and fitting archetype for a Pegasus esque character. Xd

Your welcome! ^^

Haha I think writing in general when you start out is always rough, embarrassingly bad, but gets better overtime I'd imagine. I still have slips and absence of words and descriptions I aim to use but can't always think of when I need them. Or am wanting them.

On a side note: I feel like that Ghostrick deck would be a awesome and fitting archetype for a Pegasus esque character. Xd

^^

I was so bad when I first started out. I was hardly descriptive at all. I feel like I've gotten better at that now though?

Oooh? A Pegasus-themed character would be super cool.

^^

I was so bad when I first started out. I was hardly descriptive at all. I feel like I've gotten better at that now though?

Oooh? A Pegasus-themed character would be super cool.
Haha same here. Though I feel like my best posts often remain in my head and come to me at inspired moments when I've no way to correctly put it all down in time. Xd

It would I think! Funny thing is I used to get annoyed by his character growing up, mostly because he seemed OP as hell with that eye. But he has grown on me over the years. A epic villain who wasn't quite so evil as you'd think after learning more about his character. Somehow a Honor bound villain with a humorous side.

Haha same here. Though I feel like my best posts often remain in my head and come to me at inspired moments when I've no way to correctly put it all down in time. Xd

It would I think! Funny thing is I used to get annoyed by his character growing up, mostly because he seemed OP as hell with that eye. But he has grown on me over the years. A epic villain who wasn't quite so evil as you'd think after learning more about his character. Somehow a Honor bound villain with a humorous side.

Saaame. I tend to write better late at night I think. Or when I'm tired as all shit. It's really weird. XD

But yeah! We should totally have one in this RP. That would be killer!

Eh...personally Fire Fist's design just doesn't work for me, but that's probably just me. :p But yeah...it's kinda 60-40 whether a deck will or won't be heavily spell/trap reliant nowadays. For some reason. I think deck thinning? I dunno.
That's fair. Some designs don't work and for others those same designs can look good, ^^ I wouldn't mind it that much if their was some balance perhaps? Since some epic decks can be reliant yet fun to use. Just seemed odd at first seeing how the odds have shifted. Though after going through my old hero deck, I can see the cause for some deck thinning attempts.

Saaame. I tend to write better late at night I think. Or when I'm tired as all shit. It's really weird. XD

But yeah! We should totally have one in this RP. That would be killer!

Yep lol weird indeed.

Actually that would be fun to do. Perhaps that guy would be who's throwing the tournament in this Rp?

That's fair. Some designs don't work and for others those same designs can look good, ^^ I wouldn't mind it that much if their was some balance perhaps? Since some epic decks can be reliant yet fun to use. Just seemed odd at first seeing how the odds have shifted. Though after going through my old hero deck, I can see the cause for some deck thinning attempts.
I personally never understood the point of deck-thinning in a deck with at least decent search power. Fire Fists...they have a TON of searching options, they don't need deck thinning...and yet everyone uses the deck thinning. .-. I dun even. And yeah, not all designs work for everyone. :p For instance, while I personally love the designs of the Deskbot and Dinomist archetype, some of my friends see them as just plain lame. I guess I just have weird tastes.

I personally never understood the point of deck-thinning in a deck with at least decent search power. Fire Fists...they have a TON of searching options, they don't need deck thinning...and yet everyone uses the deck thinning. .-. I dun even. And yeah, not all designs work for everyone. :p For instance, while I personally love the designs of the Deskbot and Dinomist archetype, some of my friends see them as just plain lame. I guess I just have weird tastes.
True, they've got some archetypes with great search options, so it may seems unnecessary. But in the manner of how I'd see it, would be such as my hero deck.... It's got quite a few cards and most of them are Hero supports and monsters, so the extra deck would be rather tall since it's a fusion play style deck and the main deck would be rather beyond the 40 limit some rules play by. (I eyeballed it this time. So it may not be so far over 40 as I make it sound.) add in the newer heroes since GX and it could be a huge deck. Though I personally never had a 40 card deck usually, so that rule wasn't common with me and friends.

Anyways, I can see deck thinning from that PoV. Otherwise I'd see no point, since most archetypes don't amass quite so many cards like the heroes do. So I can agree there as well.

Deskbot and Dinomist? I've vaguely seen these cards or a small some during my online searching for the previously discussed deck themes I was looking to build and try. Deskbot rather surprises me as I've never thought to see such a RL office themed deck like the deskbot.

Dinomist i couldn't say much about. I got a glimpse of one or two but couldn't say what they were suppose to be since the pic was small and I didn't zoom in.

True, they've got some archetypes with great search options, so it may seems unnecessary. But in the manner of how I'd see it, would be such as my hero deck.... It's got quite a few cards and most of them are Hero supports and monsters, so the extra deck would be rather tall since it's a fusion play style deck and the main deck would be rather beyond the 40 limit some rules play by. (I eyeballed it this time. So it may not be so far over 40 as I make it sound.) add in the newer heroes since GX and it could be a huge deck. Though I personally never had a 40 card deck usually, so that rule wasn't common with me and friends.

Anyways, I can see deck thinning from that PoV. Otherwise I'd see no point, since most archetypes don't amass quite so many cards like the heroes do. So I can agree there as well.

Deskbot and Dinomist? I've vaguely seen these cards or a small some during my online searching for the previously discussed deck themes I was looking to build and try. Deskbot rather surprises me as I've never thought to see such a RL office themed deck like the deskbot.

Dinomist i couldn't say much about. I got a glimpse of one or two but couldn't say what they were suppose to be since the pic was small and I didn't zoom in.
And yet...no matter how good of search power a deck has I always see people deck thin like crazy. @.@ I dun get it. It's just...nonsensical?

Also...Deskbots are hilarious because despite being weak on their own...once they start filling up the board they become terrifying instant killers that can run over nearly anything. ^-^ Or...well...they can just create a really annoying lock. >.>

Dinomists are a seriously cool pendulum rank 5/rank 4 water machine archetype meant for both XYZ summoning and keeping the standard pendulums since they continuously protect themselves and have some seriously great recovery spells/traps. They're also BIG MECHANICAL DINOSAURS! :3

Yep lol weird indeed.

Actually that would be fun to do. Perhaps that guy would be who's throwing the tournament in this Rp?

It is indeed.

Mmm... That's not a bad idea actually..

And yet...no matter how good of search power a deck has I always see people deck thin like crazy. @.@ I dun get it. It's just...nonsensical?

Also...Deskbots are hilarious because despite being weak on their own...once they start filling up the board they become terrifying instant killers that can run over nearly anything. ^-^ Or...well...they can just create a really annoying lock. >.>

Dinomists are a seriously cool pendulum rank 5/rank 4 water machine archetype meant for both XYZ summoning and keeping the standard pendulums since they continuously protect themselves and have some seriously great recovery spells/traps. They're also BIG MECHANICAL DINOSAURS! :3
Haha They must have alternate views then and not care much for search power.

Desk bots can turn instant killers after a period of time to fill up? I wouldn't have expected that but only have seen appearances mostly, not really the effects yet. Cool though. A unique Archetype

Now that's clearing up what I saw. The dinomist card I saw was a confusing appearance from a brief distance look.i always liked the Dino deck they can come up with, mixing machine with Dino's would sound awesome. While the attribute is surprising to me.

Nice series of effects though!

It is indeed.

Mmm... That's not a bad idea actually..
Not sure how he or she would fit in, I mean what she'd be doing or rep she'd have for being able to throw together a tourney. But it's sounding like a cool idea and there are plenty of ways for such a character to fit in and have the rep/money to put together such a deal.

Desk bots can turn instant killers after a period of time to fill up? I wouldn't have expected that but only have seen appearances mostly, not really the effects yet. Cool though. A unique Archetype

Now that's clearing up what I saw. The dinomist card I saw was a confusing appearance from a brief distance look.i always liked the Dino deck they can come up with, mixing machine with Dino's would sound awesome. While the attribute is surprising to me.

Not sure how he or she would fit in, I mean what she'd be doing or rep she'd have for being able to throw together a tourney. But it's sounding like a cool idea and there are plenty of ways for such a character to fit in and have the rep/money to put together such a deal.

It would. I think that would be cool.

It would. I think that would be cool.
Perhaps a present era card manufacturer or perhaps a dueling pro sitting atop the rankings? To pop out some ideas. He/she creates this idea of bringing together duelists from all over the world to this one city, offering prizes and travel expenses paid, inviting, luring them all in....... Meanwhile as festivities and announcements take place, He/She plots to uncover as many number cards and their owners as possible, aiming to claim the true prize of every number card present in the tournament. *Pegasus voice and evil laugh, while drinking some fine wine and sitting comfortably back in their chair, overlooking the city from a high top porch*

I've got a cart built up on save for a few decks I'm looking to purchase in the future. I got a majority of each done, but find myself lacking for monsters and some support traps and spells for this Ghostrick build. I've got some outside of the archetype cards, but seems lacking still for a fuller deck.

So far I've got a few prediction princesses (?) for their flip effects added in. Also put some older flip summon monsters like the Swarm cards and newer flip summon monster in "apprentice Piper. Got a extra deck built up. Added a few zombie supports S/T's as well.

Any good tips SolemnSongbird SolemnSongbird ? To help boost the strength of this hilarious archetype.

Deskbots basically start out at 500 attack and defense each, but the more you get on the field the more they boost themselves, and they can boost themselves to RIDICULOUS levels of attack in a single turn if allowed to just do whatever they want unhindered. A few of them can even boost each other during the opponent's turn...during the battle phase. Meaning that you can sometimes get your opponent to basically destroy their own monster if they're not paying attention. They've got weaknesses of course, but, they're still a quite deadly archetype with a bit of luck and a well built deck. ^-^

Dinomists really are cool. ^-^ They're fun to play, semi-competitive worthy (at least in my opinion) and cool to look at (at least in my opinion again.)
I've got a cart built up on save for a few decks I'm looking to purchase in the future. I got a majority of each done, but find myself lacking for monsters and some support traps and spells for this Ghostrick build. I've got some outside of the archetype cards, but seems lacking still for a fuller deck.

So far I've got a few prediction princesses (?) for their flip effects added in. Also put some older flip summon monsters like the Swarm cards and newer flip summon monster in "apprentice Piper. Got a extra deck built up. Added a few zombie supports S/T's as well.

Any good tips SolemnSongbird SolemnSongbird ? To help boost the strength of this hilarious archetype.
Since you're running a few prediction princesses and probably running pot of the forbidden (Which was a great idea of Ammokxx to suggest! That card can be seriously deadly provided you can keep flipping it face-down.) it might be worthwhile to run Prediction Princess Tarotrei I think? (And the ritual card needed to summon it of course, because otherwise you have no way to get it out.)

Deskbots basically start out at 500 attack and defense each, but the more you get on the field the more they boost themselves, and they can boost themselves to RIDICULOUS levels of attack in a single turn if allowed to just do whatever they want unhindered. A few of them can even boost each other during the opponent's turn...during the battle phase. Meaning that you can sometimes get your opponent to basically destroy their own monster if they're not paying attention. They've got weaknesses of course, but, they're still a quite deadly archetype with a bit of luck and a well built deck. ^-^

Dinomists really are cool. ^-^ They're fun to play, semi-competitive worthy (at least in my opinion) and cool to look at (at least in my opinion again.)

Since you're running a few prediction princesses and probably running pot of the forbidden (Which was a great idea of Ammokxx to suggest! That card can be seriously deadly provided you can keep flipping it face-down.) it might be worthwhile to run Prediction Princess Tarotrei I think? (And the ritual card needed to summon it of course, because otherwise you have no way to get it out.)

Sounds awesome for some office supplies Xd rather cool boosts!

Sounds cool! Dino decks often have some good ones over the years.

I ended up adding the last few prediction princesses left in the archetype, least the only ones they have shown on Troll and Toad. Since adding Tarotei and her ritual card (Prediction Summon "?" I think is the name) would make the other two prediction princesses left quite useful for searching them out.

Actually a nice small archetype to combine with the Ghostricks. ^^ Meanwhile I think I've got the deck complete and within a cart separate from my other archetype decks I've been working on and searching for lately.

Much thanks folks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back