• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Number Hunters (OOC Chat)

Yep indeed!

I've got my field spells mixed up. Vampire kingdom was the choice I was thinking up not Zombie world. *_* I'm not sure why I'd mix those up. But got plenty of tactics and combos involving Castle and Pumpking. Though a nice reverse choice would be for pumprincess it's true.

Final countdown, destiny board, dark sanctuary are some experimental ideas, never used them myself. As they counter and don't fit my theme centric deck types previously used before.

So it wasn't just me haha. Thought about simply looking over assembled decks up for sale but that's not really worth it. They often lack certain cards and cost too much in comparison to possibly just tracking down the singles and adding them into your online cart to build your exact deck wanted.

The play style itself bough seems fun and worth trying out. Plus they seem and I recall you saying this, but they aren't too expensive either once you track them all.
Zombie World AND Vampire Kingdom are both good in a vampire deck. :p There's some REALLY good Zombie Support out there. The thing is...getting both Castle AND Pumpking onto the field is pretty hard. Pumprincess is a much more sure choice...well...and much easier to get it's effect off. Most opponent's won't even think to destroy it in the S/T zone...and even if they do that's what Destruction Jammer's for! Plus Vampires focus around dealing battle damage...which Pumprincess just makes easier in general.

And yeah. Getting the premade deck costs WAY more than just buying each individual card in said premade deck separately. .-. I've never really understood that.

It truly is fun and worth trying, since it's defense and offense rolled together with really good recovery too. Plus it's just a good choice both as and as a choice against most modern decks, without being just plain broken or mean. :p

Ive noticed that lately. Way more zombie support options and good ones now days compared to the older era of those I recall. It's true though, the trick with those two would be getting them onto the field at the same time as the other being present upon the field. But with the ways I'd imagine I could use them and if all the combos I'd aim to use over time became possible. It'd be effective with my distract strategy and the facade being placed, while doubling as a power up combo for my zombie types, while King power himself on top of that for a bit.

But very true, my whole list of ideas surrounding those two are time consuming and needing of near perfection play to use effectively. While additionally princess could be thrown in the reverse and lower the opposing monsters attack points. All rather old school for the former combos and just one of a list of ideas to use while setting up the main focus of strategies and play styles. Unlikely to work unless things go well but could lower counter cards overtime, forcing the opponent to waste counter measures to prevent it, even in the step by step phase.

Yeah true! I've never understood that and some decks that people put together and sell, just don't quite fit my perfectionist esque habits for deck building. Especially when they cost more then just me using the time to buy them by the singles and assemble my own.

It does seem that indeed. Trolland toad has been the easiest site to find and put together different decks, plus more specifically getting these cards found and placed into one cart for future purchase.

Ive noticed that lately. Way more zombie support options and good ones now days compared to the older era of those I recall. It's true though, the trick with those two would be getting them onto the field at the same time as the other being present upon the field. But with the ways I'd imagine I could use them and if all the combos I'd aim to use over time became possible. It'd be effective with my distract strategy and the facade being placed, while doubling as a power up combo for my zombie types, while King power himself on top of that for a bit.

But very true, my whole list of ideas surrounding those two are time consuming and needing of near perfection play to use effectively. While additionally princess could be thrown in the reverse and lower the opposing monsters attack points. All rather old school for the former combos and just one of a list of ideas to use while setting up the main focus of strategies and play styles. Unlikely to work unless things go well but could lower counter cards overtime, forcing the opponent to waste counter measures to prevent it, even in the step by step phase.

Yeah true! I've never understood that and some decks that people put together and sell, just don't quite fit my perfectionist esque habits for deck building. Especially when they cost more then just me using the time to buy them by the singles and assemble my own.

It does seem that indeed. Trolland toad has been the easiest site to find and put together different decks, plus more specifically getting these cards found and placed into one cart for future purchase.
It's funny, zombies haven't been all that relevant for quite a while...and yet they've gotten some really good support as of late. :p
I could recommend quite a few cards if you want that are in general better than other options. And some that would be...well...quite hilariously mean to use against a meta deck.

And yeah, the major issue is getting them both on the field...and keeping them both there...darned Raigeki and ABC Dragon and Storming Mirror Force and Drowning Mirror Force and Blazing Mirror Force and...you get the picture. :p

Same. For me I'm just the kind of person who, if I'm gonna put together a deck IRL I'm either going to keep it and use it frequently or keep it and keep trying to improve upon it constantly.

Troll and Toad has some very...erm...strange prices. @.@
Sometimes they're way cheaper than they're actually worth on there, sometimes, although not often, they're way more expensive.
Still, in general it's a...reliable site to use. :p

It's funny, zombies haven't been all that relevant for quite a while...and yet they've gotten some really good support as of late. :p
I could recommend quite a few cards if you want that are in general better than other options. And some that would be...well...quite hilariously mean to use against a meta deck.

And yeah, the major issue is getting them both on the field...and keeping them both there...darned Raigeki and ABC Dragon and Storming Mirror Force and Drowning Mirror Force and Blazing Mirror Force and...you get the picture. :p

Same. For me I'm just the kind of person who, if I'm gonna put together a deck IRL I'm either going to keep it and use it frequently or keep it and keep trying to improve upon it constantly.

Troll and Toad has some very...erm...strange prices. @.@
Sometimes they're way cheaper than they're actually worth on there, sometimes, although not often, they're way more expensive.
Still, in general it's a...reliable site to use. :p
That's true! Fiends and zombies were non relevant for full theme decks back in the day. You had some here and there usually for fiends, but overall it wasn't until lately that Zombies are getting some nice bonuses.

I'm quite curious and interested in assembling the vampire deck. My Rl owned Vampire kingdom sparked a interest into checking out the archetype and now I've been thinking over ways to make it happen. I'm aware its weaknesses can come back to haunt me. But it's a fun looking deck that can have some powerful moments. While the fact of zombies getting some awesome help further peaks my interest in the archetype. So I wouldn't mind some recommendations for the deck. I haven't used zombies much myself since they used to be lacking for support compared to now.

True, it would be one of my ideas and strategies but due to the time consuming and needs of it, wouldn't be my main or heavily focused tactic to play out or aim to play.

Yeah all these mirror force variations are..... *_* Too many. The original and raigeki were problematic enough during my dueling days. Every body I faced had and used them more then once if they had the cards. Now you've got several variations of the one. Ah well.... It's expected I guess.

Yeah same! Make the time spent worth it and perfecting it too. Otherwise it's a waste of money to use only once or twice.

So far I've tried three sites and have seen those strange prices. One site before Troll and Toad was asking over a hundred bucks for some single cards and varied in price from there. But so far it's been the best one I've come across and it's search engine has been more effective for me. But true it's a realible one ^^

That's true! Fiends and zombies were non relevant for full theme decks back in the day. You had some here and there usually for fiends, but overall it wasn't until lately that Zombies are getting some nice bonuses.

I'm quite curious and interested in assembling the vampire deck. My Rl owned Vampire kingdom sparked a interest into checking out the archetype and now I've been thinking over ways to make it happen. I'm aware its weaknesses can come back to haunt me. But it's a fun looking deck that can have some powerful moments. While the fact of zombies getting some awesome help further peaks my interest in the archetype. So I wouldn't mind some recommendations for the deck. I haven't used zombies much myself since they used to be lacking for support compared to now.

True, it would be one of my ideas and strategies but due to the time consuming and needs of it, wouldn't be my main or heavily focused tactic to play out or aim to play.

Yeah all these mirror force variations are..... *_* Too many. The original and raigeki were problematic enough during my dueling days. Every body I faced had and used them more then once if they had the cards. Now you've got several variations of the one. Ah well.... It's expected I guess.

Yeah same! Make the time spent worth it and perfecting it too. Otherwise it's a waste of money to use only once or twice.

So far I've tried three sites and have seen those strange prices. One site before Troll and Toad was asking over a hundred bucks for some single cards and varied in price from there. But so far it's been the best one I've come across and it's search engine has been more effective for me. But true it's a realible one ^^
Exactly! Other types got all the good stuff, but fiends zombies were left in the dust, but now? Now it's the other way around ironically. Even cards that SHOULDN'T work with zombies specifically are now able to be used as zombie support decently well! Hilariously accidental luck! I do feel...somewhat bad for Psychics though. They haven't gotten anything since...what...Psy-Frames? And even then it being Psychic isn't that relevant... Sure their support cards are for Psychics in general, but they're useless outside of Psy-Frames still.

Vampires can be quite good with knowledge of how the deck works and some decent luck. I'm about to head off to sleep soon, but tomorrow I'll give you a decently comprehensive list of good zombie support to help you out! Some of them won't be as good as others, but it's good to have options.

Yeah. Even lower tier decks now could...well...easily just get straight through your cards given the time consuming needs. Sadly. Rest in peace any slowish deck in Yugioh other than stall decks. T_T

TOO...MANY...BATTLE PHASE TRAPS... @.@ I literally once made a deck ONLY out of battle negation traps. It has a 85 percent win rate. It's a 60 card battle phase deck with a SINGLE copy of Final Countdown. HOW. WHY. I don't get why people don't play burn decks anymore. =-=

Exactly! Keep working and working, no matter what new rules or new cards might doom your deck, work to make it better and better until it is truly as good as it can be! It's quite rewarding, since you can often surprise others with deck choices that should be nowhere as good as they actually are. :p

Yep! Xd You got any favorite decks? Oh and characters maybe? Not sure if that topic ever came up in OOC, asking about favorite characters or card, etc.

Oh booooy. Where do I begin with this? Lot of favorite decks and characters-

Exactly! Other types got all the good stuff, but fiends zombies were left in the dust, but now? Now it's the other way around ironically. Even cards that SHOULDN'T work with zombies specifically are now able to be used as zombie support decently well! Hilariously accidental luck! I do feel...somewhat bad for Psychics though. They haven't gotten anything since...what...Psy-Frames? And even then it being Psychic isn't that relevant... Sure their support cards are for Psychics in general, but they're useless outside of Psy-Frames still.

Vampires can be quite good with knowledge of how the deck works and some decent luck. I'm about to head off to sleep soon, but tomorrow I'll give you a decently comprehensive list of good zombie support to help you out! Some of them won't be as good as others, but it's good to have options.

Yeah. Even lower tier decks now could...well...easily just get straight through your cards given the time consuming needs. Sadly. Rest in peace any slowish deck in Yugioh other than stall decks. T_T

TOO...MANY...BATTLE PHASE TRAPS... @.@ I literally once made a deck ONLY out of battle negation traps. It has a 85 percent win rate. It's a 60 card battle phase deck with a SINGLE copy of Final Countdown. HOW. WHY. I don't get why people don't play burn decks anymore. =-=

Exactly! Keep working and working, no matter what new rules or new cards might doom your deck, work to make it better and better until it is truly as good as it can be! It's quite rewarding, since you can often surprise others with deck choices that should be nowhere as good as they actually are. :p
I'm loving it actually! I didn't favor zombies or fiends myself growing up, due to my main favorites being the Hero and Dark Magician decks. While others followed, but the lack of supports didn't help and Zombies and fiends really had some awesome cards just not enough to combine them with until now. Or else I would have built a Dark Necrofear deck years back Xd or some zombie deck as well. Also loved that one fiend.... "Great Mazra Meaju?" Or something. I can picture it and have it in my tagforce deck but might have screwed up the name. It's got a few variations of the monster. This one being the six star level monster with a fire type attribute I believe.

Psychics were a interesting idea. But idk they lack without certain styles and decks. Too bad they seemed to fall off since Psy-Frames.

Sounds cool and appreciated! Zombies are not my historically full to the brim of knowledge specialty. Xd I'll admit.

Yeah! Those cards dictated my youth days and dueling prime/practiced years. Led to my plans upon back up plans style or habits I should say. But yeah RIP the slow decks and style of dueling. '*_*'

That's another reason to love Jinzo!! If you can get him on the field and have Amplifier which sadly I didn't have in RL. But Nice! Sounds like a awesome and high win Rate deck.

100% agreed!!! You need those popular and rather commonly selected power decks, if you can perfect the almost unorthodox Archetypes or decks of interest. ^_^ plus the element surprise can be quite useful and hilarious at the same time!

They are awesome! Easily can be separated into different animals as the main beast type/focus of your deck, such as a dog theme or Koala and etc.

Ah found the name I tried to recall in the previous and longer post.
View attachment 312678

That's very true. If I were to ever get back into dueling in real life, I feel like one of the decks I'd play would be a beast-typed deck. Given my love of animals like Yasuo has.

That card looks scary as hell. XD

That's very true. If I were to ever get back into dueling in real life, I feel like one of the decks I'd play would be a beast-typed deck. Given my love of animals like Yasuo has.

That card looks scary as hell. XD
could see that and makes sense. :) they've added to the beasts with some interesting cards too. It's a fun archetype to play.

True! Xd but with one simple tribute it's attack power could surpass blue eyes or even reach above 4000 pending your offering. In Tagforce 2 when I draw it or can search it out with a sangan or some monster or card like it. Plus can summon it successfully onto the field, the fiend has saved me a few times and turned the tables in other scenarios.

could see that and makes sense. :) they've added to the beasts with some interesting cards too. It's a fun archetype to play.

True! Xd but with one simple tribute it's attack power could surpass blue eyes or even reach above 4000 pending your offering. In Tagforce 2 when I draw it or can search it out with a sangan or some monster or card like it. Plus can summon it successfully onto the field, the fiend has saved me a few times and turned the tables in other scenarios.

That's good.

Whoa-

Oh? Sounds awesome. A story for the Rp or a new book idea? Plus good news on the bug you got.

New book idea I came up with over the course of sleeping a lot.

Though a story based on this RP would certainly be fun to write too.

And totally! Glad it's finally starting to go away.

New book idea I came up with over the course of sleeping a lot.

Though a story based on this RP would certainly be fun to write too.

And totally! Glad it's finally starting to go away.
Oh? Cool!

I'd imagine a good Yugioh fanfic might be fun in general, but one based off this Rp would sound epic as well.

That's good. Always best when the bug finally leaves and your feeling back to yourself again.

I'm loving it actually! I didn't favor zombies or fiends myself growing up, due to my main favorites being the Hero and Dark Magician decks. While others followed, but the lack of supports didn't help and Zombies and fiends really had some awesome cards just not enough to combine them with until now. Or else I would have built a Dark Necrofear deck years back Xd or some zombie deck as well. Also loved that one fiend.... "Great Mazra Meaju?" Or something. I can picture it and have it in my tagforce deck but might have screwed up the name. It's got a few variations of the monster. This one being the six star level monster with a fire type attribute I believe.

Psychics were a interesting idea. But idk they lack without certain styles and decks. Too bad they seemed to fall off since Psy-Frames.

Sounds cool and appreciated! Zombies are not my historically full to the brim of knowledge specialty. Xd I'll admit.

Yeah! Those cards dictated my youth days and dueling prime/practiced years. Led to my plans upon back up plans style or habits I should say. But yeah RIP the slow decks and style of dueling. '*_*'

That's another reason to love Jinzo!! If you can get him on the field and have Amplifier which sadly I didn't have in RL. But Nice! Sounds like a awesome and high win Rate deck.

100% agreed!!! You need those popular and rather commonly selected power decks, if you can perfect the almost unorthodox Archetypes or decks of interest. ^_^ plus the element surprise can be quite useful and hilarious at the same time!

Psychics were...erm...really disorganized. If they had some semblance of tactical organization in their decks...since for the most part they're literally they're all 1 archetype not counting Psy-Frames...they could have been really interesting and possibly very good. Although, you know what HAS gotten good cards lately? Rocks!...Surprisingly!

Alright, time to list some good Zombie Support for your vampire deck now! Or, well, some of these are JUST good with Vampires, but still.
Robbin Zombie and Robbin Goblin. Every time you inflict battle damage you're thinning your opponent's resources even more! And what are vampires based around? Inflicting battle damage. They are, however, a bit slow.
Zoma The Spirit. Or as I like to call it Back Up Plan Number 1. Your opponent wipes out all your monsters? Activate it, and now you've got a really annoying monster that they'll probably not even read the effect of, attack, and take quite a bit of damage from attacking usually.
Vampire Takeover... Self explanatory really. This is literally just an instant Vampire Kingdom.
Zombie World. One of the biggest decks currently is True Dracos. This card makes them unable to do ANYTHING. Plus it's just decent all around.
Paladin of Cursed Dragon. This + Zombie World = Your opponent's destroyed monsters now belong to YOU! Just plain mean in general and can be used for some decent rank 4 xyz plays. It's kind of a necessity in a non-vampire zombie deck, but, it can still get some decent use in Vampires given you've got enough ways to keep them from getting monsters with more than 4 levels onto the field. I just had to mention him.
Pyramid of Wonders. It keeps making your zombies more powerful and more powerful every time your opponent puts a new monster on the field, which is rather valuable with Vampires.
Call of the Mummy. It's a literal free zombie special summon. . . Enough said.
Book of Life. Literally a better monster reborn for zombies only.

If you want I can list some support cards in the form of monsters too, just let me know.

Jinzo with Amplifier+Anti-Spell Fragrance= No to literally everything. :p But, the thing about that stupid battle trap deck was it was just plain mean and not fun to play since I was just sitting their on 5 traps waiting for my opponent to either give up or actually manage to do something. =-=

Exactly! A good example, Ghostricks and Triamids. Triamids are a newer rock deck that...well...let's just say if you're not paying attention to them they can absolutely obliterate you in only a few turns. They're no meta deck, but, they've got some serious power plays and some really dangerous cards. Ghostricks are...pure trolling incarnate. They focus around having effects when flipped face up (Which aren't flip effects TECHNICALLY for some reason) and have the literal best mill card in the game since it BANISHES milled cards from it's effect...and can do up to 5 per turn. They're a highly defensive archetype, but one that can wipe the floor with anyone who underestimates them or plays recklessly... Although good players will usually obliterate them because they know what they're doing against them. >.>

Psychics were...erm...really disorganized. If they had some semblance of tactical organization in their decks...since for the most part they're literally they're all 1 archetype not counting Psy-Frames...they could have been really interesting and possibly very good. Although, you know what HAS gotten good cards lately? Rocks!...Surprisingly!

Alright, time to list some good Zombie Support for your vampire deck now! Or, well, some of these are JUST good with Vampires, but still.
Robbin Zombie and Robbin Goblin. Every time you inflict battle damage you're thinning your opponent's resources even more! And what are vampires based around? Inflicting battle damage. They are, however, a bit slow.
Zoma The Spirit. Or as I like to call it Back Up Plan Number 1. Your opponent wipes out all your monsters? Activate it, and now you've got a really annoying monster that they'll probably not even read the effect of, attack, and take quite a bit of damage from attacking usually.
Vampire Takeover... Self explanatory really. This is literally just an instant Vampire Kingdom.
Zombie World. One of the biggest decks currently is True Dracos. This card makes them unable to do ANYTHING. Plus it's just decent all around.
Paladin of Cursed Dragon. This + Zombie World = Your opponent's destroyed monsters now belong to YOU! Just plain mean in general and can be used for some decent rank 4 xyz plays. It's kind of a necessity in a non-vampire zombie deck, but, it can still get some decent use in Vampires given you've got enough ways to keep them from getting monsters with more than 4 levels onto the field. I just had to mention him.
Pyramid of Wonders. It keeps making your zombies more powerful and more powerful every time your opponent puts a new monster on the field, which is rather valuable with Vampires.
Call of the Mummy. It's a literal free zombie special summon. . . Enough said.
Book of Life. Literally a better monster reborn for zombies only.

If you want I can list some support cards in the form of monsters too, just let me know.

Jinzo with Amplifier+Anti-Spell Fragrance= No to literally everything. :p But, the thing about that stupid battle trap deck was it was just plain mean and not fun to play since I was just sitting their on 5 traps waiting for my opponent to either give up or actually manage to do something. =-=

Exactly! A good example, Ghostricks and Triamids. Triamids are a newer rock deck that...well...let's just say if you're not paying attention to them they can absolutely obliterate you in only a few turns. They're no meta deck, but, they've got some serious power plays and some really dangerous cards. Ghostricks are...pure trolling incarnate. They focus around having effects when flipped face up (Which aren't flip effects TECHNICALLY for some reason) and have the literal best mill card in the game since it BANISHES milled cards from it's effect...and can do up to 5 per turn. They're a highly defensive archetype, but one that can wipe the floor with anyone who underestimates them or plays recklessly... Although good players will usually obliterate them because they know what they're doing against them. >.>
Yeah true, I recall having some psychics back when they first hit or near then. They always had some interesting features but too out of order and limited. Interesting idea though, I'll agree.

Rock types? I can't recall ever really using rock types or seeing much for them in the old era. Except for the magnet warriors who I see have had some added mates to the archetype. But overall they never had much to interest me outside of the mentioned ones. Awesome to hear they are getting some looks and new cards to their attribute and archetypes.

Nice! I've got most of those cards mentioned already, saves some green to start. Xd least half anyway case I'm wrong.

A nice trifecta there. But I can see the lacking of fun with a anti battle traps deck, leaves little room for exciting moves to counter or best.

Triamids I kinda saw a bit of recently. But not enough to know much of the cards and the abilities. But awesome! Rock types got some power options. Ghostricks? That name sounds familiar, I got one of the newer packs or perhaps just new to me and what wal mart carries. But anyways I think I got a couple ghostrick related cards and one monster, a Frankenstein monster looking dude. Somehow those effects just sounds fitting to the theme imo.

Another newer archetype I've seen lately is this brotherhood of fire fist or some Kind of fire brotherhood name.

Yeah true, I recall having some psychics back when they first hit or near then. They always had some interesting features but too out of order and limited. Interesting idea though, I'll agree.

Rock types? I can't recall ever really using rock types or seeing much for them in the old era. Except for the magnet warriors who I see have had some added mates to the archetype. But overall they never had much to interest me outside of the mentioned ones. Awesome to hear they are getting some looks and new cards to their attribute and archetypes.

Nice! I've got most of those cards mentioned already, saves some green to start. Xd least half anyway case I'm wrong.

A nice trifecta there. But I can see the lacking of fun with a anti battle traps deck, leaves little room for exciting moves to counter or best.

Triamids I kinda saw a bit of recently. But not enough to know much of the cards and the abilities. But awesome! Rock types got some power options. Ghostricks? That name sounds familiar, I got one of the newer packs or perhaps just new to me and what wal mart carries. But anyways I think I got a couple ghostrick related cards and one monster, a Frankenstein monster looking dude. Somehow those effects just sounds fitting to the theme imo.

Another newer archetype I've seen lately is this brotherhood of fire fist or some Kind of fire brotherhood name.
Really? Well, it's good that you've already got quite a few of those cards, that's for sure. :p Makes putting a deck with support together easier for you.

Yeah... There are many ways to counter monsters...not many to counter battle traps, meaning that after a while the lack of opposition from your opponents just gets...well...bland and boring.

Triamids, a forgotten archetype with quite a bit of power behind it...almost like how Crystrons used to be. .-. And yeah, you probably got a ghostrick Stein then. :p Ghostrick spells/traps are good in...well...any flip effect deck, so they're good to have around.

Fire Fist is actually an early Zexal Era archetype. :p Not as new as you'd think. They are pretty good though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back