• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern numb fingers & quiet breath >>> [ O P E N ]

Parallax

That man is playing Gallaga
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
original.jpg

<< winter in minnesota >>
CS link
OOC link
Discord link
IC link

P L O T

Unless you were born in Pearl Basin, you probably have no reason to come here unless you're running away from something. Folks come here with fake identities and one hell of a story to never tell as they start over. Tourists are always attracted to the sled dog riding and monthly potluck. The cabins are warm, cozy and built to the brim with rustic charm.

But things are falling apart, and fast.

Before they know it, suddenly no one can leave. Every time people reach the city limits, they drop dead. A litter of bodies scattered the perimeter, city-goers too frightened to even approach and remove them. No one knows what happened. The bodies they did recover simply showed instant internal bleeding and cardiac arrest, but with no apparent cause or outer injuries.

Tension is destructively high. No one is able to make contact outside of Pearl Basin. People have separated into clusters, with one leader taking on a small group in their homes. People have hoarded supplies, guns, and wreaked havoc. In order to maintain structure, the leaders of the homes have formed a sort of counsel.

Everyone takes a share in work that needs to be done. Farming, attempting to make outside contact, learning about what's causing their circumstances, and keeping everything clean and organized in the town. There's been a short string of peace as they muffle their panic, doing what they can to survive in a place with limited resources. Mysteriously, the power still works, as well as plumbing. There are only about 100 people left.

However, malicious actions have begun to arise within the town. People have been getting picked off slowly, and some people have rumored that its one of the houses that have decided they don't want to share limited supplies. Appointed guards take turns taking post at the doors of the assigned houses as they try to figure out just who's doing this.

- - -

N O T E S

hey guys! parallaxhere. i wanted to make a roleplay with some elements reminiscent of the show "the society" and "under the dome", as i found them super intriguing c:

this roleplay will have roles, with two homes to choose from.

although there are several, we'll focus primarily on only these two.

let's review the rules!

- - -

R U L E S

discord is highly recommended to join, as i intend to do a lot of plotting on there! it's much easier to bounce ideas off one another on there.
be considerate of others when you write. the story isn't only about your character. spot-lighting is a no-no.
if you want to create drama or events within the story, run it by me first. we want to be sure that your ideas don't clash with any hidden concepts i may be planning!
ages are strictly 18+ in the roleplay.
- - -

R O L E S

home one

> the leader | the keeper of order and decision maker of the others within their home. <taken by parallax>
the medic | someone with medical experience who addresses wounds and keeps up with medical needs <open>
guards | enforcers of rules, and protectors of the ones in the home and leader <open>
the civilians | the rest of the home. they're often taking over tasks or doing other activities. <parallax, open to others>

home two
the leader |
the keeper of order and decision maker of the others within their home. <open>
the medic | someone with medical experience who addresses wounds and keeps up with medical needs <open>
guards | enforcers of rules, and protectors of the ones in the home and leader <open>
the civilians | the rest of the home. they're often taking over tasks or doing other activities. <open>

Last edited:
Awesome, glad this is generating interest! Will make cs if it gets more

ooo consider me interested!

i'm interested! mostly as a civilian character, perhaps someone who's wanting to start over, fresh start!
would we need any prior knowledge or backstory regarding "the society" and/or "under the dome"? i personally haven't seen these shows yet, but i'm very intrigued!

i'm interested in pretty much any role! hopefully there's still spots open

Omg I didn't even get the notif that I got all this interest LOL
I'll make a CS page soon on a first come first serve basis and also work on the discord asap!
Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back