NQ Voting Thread

((This train has no brakes.))

Option 1

You bustle over and fling the door open, immediately launching into your 'Welcome' speech. You invite them inside, telling them of prices and the quality of service - the whole she-band. You think you remember most of what mother and father used to advertise, and you've got a few ideas of how to spin it now that you're on your own.

((This train has no brakes.))

Option 1

You bustle over and fling the door open, immediately launching into your 'Welcome' speech. You invite them inside, telling them of prices and the quality of service - the whole she-band. You think you remember most of what mother and father used to advertise, and you've got a few ideas of how to spin it now that you're on your own.

FULL STEAM AHEAD, I SECOND THIS

@Jaye @Anomaly Umm...they have guns?

Look we already committed to this stupid idea - I stand by the train has no brakes.

Also 'weapons' does not necessarily mean guns. From our context clues, I'd be expecting swords more than guns. Muskets or flintlocks seem like a possibility, but I was under the impression that guns were more for the military rather than local forces. But yeah, fact is we have no idea what kind of weapons they have.

Look we already committed to this stupid idea - I stand by the train has no brakes.

Also 'weapons' does not necessarily mean guns. From our context clues, I'd be expecting swords more than guns. Muskets or flintlocks seem like a possibility, but I was under the impression that guns were more for the military rather than local forces. But yeah, fact is we have no idea what kind of weapons they have.

You've changed your vote before, all of a sudden you want to stop?

Why does it matter what their weapons are? Lucy doesn't have any, and she probably wouldn't know how to use them anyway.

But does Lucy think they're hostile? That's the question.

Also given that the setting is vaguely medieval... X3

Anyway, Lucy's currently hyped up about visitors. Even from the start there's been a sense that she's sort of disconnected from reality, and that's an aspect I really enjoy and hope to see more of. If it gets her in trouble, well then, we're in for a damn good story.

Huzzah! [3] No need to lie to your customers, but it's also bad form to trouble them with such things... Your face falls. "Well... That's a long story. Do you like stew? I hope you like stew. Oh! Let me show you to your rooms!"

Option 3

Um... You tell them that you're very busy with dinner and that they should get settled in first - oh! Did Mama take the money before or after they use the rooms? You think she took the money upfront. You better take care of that, too. You show them to their places, not allowing them another silence to ask you questions.

((Essentially Anomaly's vote - put them off until dinner.))

[3] You don't really feel right, all of a sudden, what with you not having mama and papa around anymore and you know how grown ups like to make decisions for you when they can and if they know it's just you will they boss you around more than customers are allowed to do?

Besides, you have Rita.

"Not... not exactly, but... that's a long story too... Would you like the beds?"

Option 3 / 4

Oh! You know what this is. You remember how some time customers would get all... um, you think Papa called them 'shifty'? When they would try to haggle down the price or try and skip the coppers altogether. You won't stand for this. You may be just a child and they may be adults but this is your Inn now and they are customers and they will do as you say.

You get angry.

You completely ignore the obviously tricky question and press the point of if they want beds or not, your tone somewhat less welcoming. You try and remember things Mama or Papa used to say, like how they won't get a better deal elsewhere and the quality of the stew. Actually, the stew probably won't be as good as usual, maybe you shouldn't mention that. Though you could replace that incentive with the fact that it's the only place to get food in the town?

((The Option 4 was about getting angry  ^3^  ))

Option 3 / 4

Oh! You know what this is. You remember how some time customers would get all... um, you think Papa called them 'shifty'? When they would try to haggle down the price or try and skip the coppers altogether. You won't stand for this. You may be just a child and they may be adults but this is your Inn now and they are customers and they will do as you say.

You get angry.

You completely ignore the obviously tricky question and press the point of if they want beds or not, your tone somewhat less welcoming. You try and remember things Mama or Papa used to say, like how they won't get a better deal elsewhere and the quality of the stew. Actually, the stew probably won't be as good as usual, maybe you shouldn't mention that. Though you could replace that incentive with the fact that it's the only place to get food in the town?

((The Option 4 was about getting angry  ^3^  ))

Drama. I'll second this.

Option 3 / 1

And now you know what to do. You show them to the stables - a job that was often yours when Papa was around to count the coin and Mama was around to cook. Partway to the stables, you realise that there's no reason for all the people to put the horses away and that someone should be showing them to their rooms. And that you need to give the stew another stir.

You gesture in the direction of the stables and guide whomever will follow you back to the Inn and to their places.

Option 3 / 1

And now you know what to do. You show them to the stables - a job that was often yours when Papa was around to count the coin and Mama was around to cook. Partway to the stables, you realise that there's no reason for all the people to put the horses away and that someone should be showing them to their rooms. And that you need to give the stew another stir.

You gesture in the direction of the stables and guide whomever will follow you back to the Inn and to their places.

Seconded!

OPTIONS:

1. Start serving up dinner.

Ask them where they're travelling to and from.
  2. Ask what they're transporting.

[*]
Tell them to help themselves, start cleaning up the rooms.

1. While out of sight, have Big Maeve spy on them.

2. While out of sight, talk to Rita.

[*]
Write in.

Option 1.1

You go and finish serving dinner, setting it out for them. After they're served, you take some dinner for yourself and make small talk. Where are they off to, where did they come from? Your parents used to ask things like that, though you're not completely sure why other than to be nice. Sometimes they asked that of travellers and then would talk to others in the town, but obviously you can't do that now. Well, probably.

Option 1 / 2 (with a dash of 4)

Off-handedly comment something along the lines of "Oh! That must be why you have so many guards." and then enquire about his wares in a general manner "Delicate cargo, then?" Maybe ask if they're sure it'll be safe in the stables or if it should be brought into one of their rooms.

((I assume their 'wares' where left out in the stables, as far as Lucy knows? Otherwise ignore that part. It's very late I'm very tired.))

On 12/15/2016 at 8:09 AM, Jaye said:

Option 1 / 2 (with a dash of 4)

Off-handedly comment something along the lines of "Oh! That must be why you have so many guards." and then enquire about his wares in a general manner "Delicate cargo, then?" Maybe ask if they're sure it'll be safe in the stables or if it should be brought into one of their rooms.

((I assume their 'wares' where left out in the stables, as far as Lucy knows? Otherwise ignore that part. It's very late I'm very tired.))

I'll second that. ^-^

Option 2

You irk at the man's abrupt response. It's polite to introduce yourself when you talk! Well, you didn't introduce yourself to everyone but this man seems to be as much in charge as Mister Nate is.

"Oh, sorry, I don't think we've been introduced."

Now either the man will introduce himself or Mister Nate wil-...

Wait did he say 'they'? Um.

OOC:

((So my plan is to, probably next round, ask Maeve to check it out, probably, but first I need a bit of lore/setting context.

What's society's attitude (as far as Lucy knows) towards slavery, @Silvertongued ? Is it illegal? Is it frowned upon? Is it just a part of life? Is it just for the richest of rich folk? Can slaves be seen in the cities? Would Lucy have ever met or seen a slave before?))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back