• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Bug Notification Delay

SmallSailboat

The one they warned you about
Hey guys, I'm sure it's been posted already (think I saw it but don't want to dig for it), but can someone tell/link me a way to fix a notification delay? I got a DM yesterday night and I'm only just getting the notif now. I do most of my RPs through DMs and I'd like to resolve this, if possible. Thanks anyway^^

Wait, you're saying you get notif delays while logged into RPN?

SmallSailboat SmallSailboat It could be something as simple as rebuilding the search index (which can stop users from properly searching for content, etc), something with your ISP, browser, etc. So far you're the only user who has inquired about this and thus we tend to default to something on a user's end if there aren't multiple reports of the same issue.

It doesn't happen when I'm on my computer (at least not that I can recall, I don't use it for RPN that much), only on mobile (which is what I primarily use). I'll check back periodically throughout the day to see if I've gotten anything, and my notifications keep coming at a delay, even when I check the PM log. I made sure my timezone was set correctly after my last issue, I'm not sure how to adjust that on my phone

If it's on mobile, is it possible that you don't have background data refreshing turned on?

it depends on your phone's OS, but it should be hiding wherever your wifi and data settings are.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Sorry mate, don't know what's causing it then. Do you have a Discord account? I've got my RPN account linked to my Discord, and the RPN bot is consistently a few seconds faster than the site when it comes to PM and thread replies. That might be your best workaround for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back