• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Not the Plan (w/Sitting and Dreaming)

Bree Mel Anderson
200.gif

Bree was grounded. As an attempt to isolate her away from the surrounding world, she was stuck. Amidst the confines of her bedroom whilst her parents supposed that what they were doing, was right. But they couldn't protect their little angel forever.

Grounded because of her communications with Cooper Lewis - the boy her parents told her to avoid - she now paid for her time. The night sky was revealed, plastering the girl's window whilst she layed horizontally within her bed. After all, there wasn't much that she could do. Other than message some people from school, her time being grounded was about to be one of the longest experiences of her life.

Sighing, Bree's mind couldn't help but wander to her former encounter with the Lewis boy. What was she even thinking? If she didn't talk to him perhaps she wouldn't be in this mess. But admittedly, there was something about Cooper... it was as if he had a force of freedom and speaking to him was like doing something outside of the 'plan'.

In a way, it was energising to do something outside of the plan, either that, or the brunette was beginning to find exhaustion amongst the whole idea of the 'plan'. The plan sucks ass. Bree thought after seventeen years of her life. Yes, it took her that long to realise the logic and strategy behind her future.

She wanted to live her life. Ideally, she needed to live the present for there to be a future, right? Or perhaps she wanted to change that path first? But to how she could do that would be exactly the most inconvenient choice of her life.

Cooper Lewis, ah, him. He was the face of many people's nightmares, parents, at least. He was the guy your parents imagined from day one, the bad kid, the villain that was ready to whisk their child away into a world of.. crime? Crime. Well, not quite crime. To him, it was simply late night drinks, hanging out with friends, laughing. Not a party, just.. a large get together. Yeah, that's what it was.

While some teenagers would ask their parents whether or not they could go to the mall with some friends, be sure of their curfew, and know of all the rules, Cooper Lewis didn't. He whisked away another of the fancy cars in his father's overly expensive, large garage, and took it out for a test drive. As per usual. Nothing different, constantly the same, another adventure to write in a journal.

Wait, you weren't supposed to know about that.. moving on.
Cooper's latest victim was none other than the beautiful, all known, perfect, Bree Anderson. He knew she existed, and just like everyone else, she knew he did without a doubt. But they'd never spoken. Not that Cooper cared, he had other people to pay attention to. She was just another girl he saw throughout the halls of school. If he went to school, that was. Some days he avoided the building at all costs. But that was besides the point. After recent events, Cooper was tempted to talk to the girl, and did just that.

But when she all of a sudden stopped talking to her, Cooper was lost for days. Now, for once in his life, Cooper had a plan. Go to the Anderson house, climb a tree, that or throw some rocks and be a modern day Romeo. He'd simply take his favorite Anderson girl for a midnight drive around the city. He actually took a shower, talk about a first. Going down the stairs of his large house, Cooper passed his father as he walked in from work. "Later, dad." He spoke with a smirk, his deep voice raspy. A whistle escaped his lips, turning to shut the door. Before he knew it, he was sitting in a car and driving through the sheets, not much on his mind except for his plan. A plan, something that was wrong but felt right.
tumblr_lnz4rf5Gj11qzvu53o1_500.gif

He was so stuck on the idea that he maybe, just maybe, was wasting his time going to a house to get a girl's attention who probably didn't want it. It was hard to believe though that she was avoiding him purposefully, after what Cooper thought was her enjoying being around him. Not that Cooper liked himself much anyways. He parked at the end of the block, running down the empty, quiet streets of her neighborhood until he came to a stop in front of her house. Now, after all the times of going at such a late hour, he knew exactly where her bedroom window was, and went straight to it. "Rapunzel, let down your hair!" He called out, reaching down to pick up pebbles scattered about the yard and tossing them up towards her window. If Cooper Lewis was anything, it was a comedian.

WmOS1Y.gif

To the unexpected clanks that sent Bree into a state of astonishment, the girl sat up, scanned her surroundings as she thought the noise was coming from the inside of her room. Unbeknownst to her, the noise was sounding outside. Someone was throwing stones at her window. At first, she didn't know whether to cower under her bed sheets or to face the delinquent whom was slowly but surely damaging her window.

Finally deciding to see who the source was, the brunette crept her way towards the window ledge, cautiously peering over to see a boy. A familiar one. And by his distinctive sounding voice, it was Cooper. Cooper, the rebel, throwing stones at her window as well as trying to get her attention. Admittedly, this was a first. Someone wanting her attention, but in a way it was flattering - especially considering that the guy was Cooper Lewis. A guy that could've chosen any other girl in the town but chose Bree. That said something.

Opening her window as subtly and soundly a person could do so, she looked back into her room. Her parents were still downstairs watching a movie, so she wouldn't need to worry about them - but her mouthy sister was a problem in the equation. Her room was only next hers, so the likelihood of her telling their parents was high. Bree would just have to get lucky.

In that instant, she gazed down to the boy, her eyes wide in shock and the next things which came out of her voice were in a half angry, half surprised whisper.
"W-what are you doing here, Cooper?" The girl asked after pushing her window open, brows furrowed.

Cooper's arms had grown tired of the amount of times he'd reach down, scoop up some more pebbles for ammo, and then reach back and release his arm to toss them one at a time. He'd been about to throw another, well, that was a lie. He'd already thrown another just as she opened her bedroom window right into her room. Not that he was going to lie and say it wasn't funny. "Hello, sleeping beauty. Mind if I come in?" He grinned, that stupid grin he constantly had on his face. That grin just had everything, it said everything. It was carefree, it practically defined Cooper without actually meaning anything but a smile.

"I mean, if you don't trust me in your bedroom with you alone, or whatever, you could just come out here." The brunette added moments later, snickering softly to himself as he craned his neck to look up at her. He was tall, but he wasn't that tall. For obvious reasons. As he listened to her talk, Cooper's attention had been dragged down to the pebbles in his hands, her words slowly becoming inaudible as he thought of what to do with them. Soon enough, he found himself tossing them all away, shrugging his shoulders lazily.
tumblr_nld1c5qVc31rsi08jo2_250.gif

When his attention was pulled back to the brunette, he put on a smile again. "What'd you say, sweet cheeks? I wasn't paying much attention." Cooper asked her, his tone too sweet for the likes of him. As he waited for her to at the very least repeat herself or tell him off, Cooper turned to begin climbing the tree at the side of her house. "You must be so glad I came to save you, princess. Holed up in this room as if you didn't want to see me." The seventeen year old talked like he didn't care much, and simply came to her house for the heck of it. But he really did want to know if, deep down, she was actually avoiding him. He told himself he didn't care, but he knew he did. If she was avoiding him on purpose, he didn't know how he'd actually feel. Hurt, though. Some type of pain, for sure. He didn't handle rejection well, so he typically avoided it at all costs. But she wasn't something he'd be avoiding anytime soon unless.. he actually felt hurt for once. For the first time in ever, really.

8358669a16e19bdfb740ba5b17368694.gif

Bree didn't know what to do or what else to say. Before the girl knew it, Cooper was already half way up the tree and prepared to step into her room. Her room. Wow, out of all the outcomes the night could've ended in she could have never predicted this type of ending. "You're insane, Cooper." Bree uttered, still wide eyed and in a state of disbelief at the boy whom was about to climb through her window. Processing everything that he had shared with her, you could only assume that what he hoped to achieve was helping her escape from her punishment.

Of course, she knew that he had no consideration for authority, but she couldn't help but blurt out, "I don't know if you've figured this out yet, but I'm grounded. Which means, I'm not allowed to see my friends - or better yet, talk to boys who think it's fine to climb through my window." Bree stated, knowing perfectly well that whatever she would say, it still wouldn't change the fact that he was climbing a tree for her.

Some girls might've seen his gesture as somewhat of a cute act, whereas, this only led her to believe even more that Cooper was trouble. And if her parents caught her with him, they would... hm, probably kill her. Yep, most likely. Whatever, there was no stopping the stubborn boy, so she widened the door further and slipped away from the window. She grabbed an oversized jumper and then made her way back to the window, crossing her arms over her chest in disapproval. "And I said, what in the hell are you doing here?"

Cooper pursed his lips, holding onto the tree for dear life as he looked around. A groan escaped his lips, though this wasn't the time to coward out. He'd made it this far, and for reasons he didn't completely understand anymore, but it was probably going to be worth it in the long run. No, it was going to be worth it in the run. It was already, definitely, sort of worth it. Or he thought that to make himself feel ever more confident in the situation that he'd so eagerly placed himself in. "I know, I'm so utterly into you, Anderson." Cooper teased, reaching out to grab onto the window ledge and pull himself into her bedroom one leg at a time. Once he'd planted his feet on the floor, he shook out his hair and dragged his fingers through the dark curls.

"I'm glad you're grounded, honestly." Cooper smiled, though he quickly paused as he lifted his gaze towards her own. "That's not what I meant, actually. What I meant to say was I'm glad you're not avoiding me because you don't like me." He said quickly, shaking his head quickly. That probably could have gone in two ways. The worst being him saying something stupid and not catching himself, and her kicking him out of her room without any sort of hesitation. Cooper had a sort of way or ruining things for himself without realizing it.
tumblr_ninei8mJfd1qefmxto3_250.gif

Cooper rolled his eyes though, brushing past her to go sit down on her bed. He fell back, legs dangling over the edge as he watched the ceiling closely. "In case you haven't noticed, I came to rescue the princess locked in the tower because there's dragons downstairs." He chuckled, glancing over at her and folding his arms behind his head. "Look, I just came to make sure you were okay. I thought you were avoiding me." He mumbled, so quiet it was hard for even him to hear. He was attempting to be honest though that proved difficult to actually share his feelings. "I wanna take you for a drive, and I'll bring you back, eventually." He added quickly, hoping she just hadn't heard his previous statement.

tumblr_oe4l0uG75C1sotk22o1_400.gif

Rolling her eyes at his teasing, the girl watched him as he steadily entered her room. And by entering, I don't mean through the door. On the verge of wanting to pinch herself to confirm that the situation was a dream, Bree decided to just refrain herself from the movement. Nonetheless, it all seemed unreal to her. After all, this kinda stuff only really took place in movies - not in her boring uninteresting life. Though, she was risking a lot by allowing him into her room, except Cooper was only lucky that she had sympathy for him climbing that tree, plus he was a provoking kind of guy. Now, all she had to do was find out if that was a bad thing.

As Cooper confessed that he was glad that she was grounded, Bree only raised her brows. He was the reason why she was grounded, and now he was glad about that? Well, he officially makes no sense to. The girl thought, although the brown-haired boy shortly persuaded her to change her state of mind. Admittedly, it was sweet to hear about how much a guy cared for your feelings towards them, although, Bree could have never foretold Cooper to be that type of guy. "Wow, Lewis... But who said I like you anyway." The brunette shrugged before shutting the door of its allowance of breeze.

Turning around to see him lying upon the surface of her bed, she went to sit next to him - making sure to leave plenty of distance between them. With a look down to him, she listened to him, laughing softly as he referred to her parents as dragons. Except, as soon as he mentioned to wanting to know if she was okay, Bree's facial expression softened, but she new that she wasn't supposed to have heard it. Her face then hardened as he mentioned driving with him. "You are mental, Cooper. My parents will know something's up - and if not my parents, my older sister. Then I'd be on lock down." Rubbing her eyes in frustration, the girl sighed.

Cooper rolled his eyes, pushing himself up so that he was facing her. He leaned back, propped up just enough by his elbows as they dug into the sheets that covered her bed. He swallowed, head tilted to the side and dropping against his shoulder. "I mean, you're already grounded, do you really care? They can't do much else to you than they already have." He said simply, rolling his eyes. Eventually, he let out an exasperated sigh and stood up. "Anderson, you've been doing what they want for seventeen years. You got in trouble once, and I'm in your room right now. Going on a drive isn't the worst thing you could possibly be doing. I mean, like I said, I'll bring you back eventually." He told her pointedly.

Cooper slipped back into the space beside her not long after though, bumping his shoulder with her own. "Imagine your parents found us really close together, at least if you went for a drive you could say you were just getting some fresh air." He shrugged, looking down at her. "I'm sure it would be worse, way worse, if they found you this close to some rebel like me. Really, really close to you." He teased, wrapping his arm around her waist suddenly and sneaking a kiss on her cheek. If Cooper Lewis was going to be called anything at that very moment it would be.. fuckboy. Annoying. Asshole. A douche. Whatever you wanted, he'd probably heard it from plenty of girls and it wouldn't faze him. And it was definitely the truth.
cigarette.gif

giphy.gif

In that instant, Bree watched Cooper as he persuaded her and fortunately for him, he was doing a good job doing so. He was making evident points. She couldn't necessarily get into any more trouble if she was already grounded, the worst she could get was extended time and confiscation of her phone. But was hanging out with the town's bad boy worth that? Perhaps, yes. Perhaps, no. Surely having fun for one night in her life was worth the possible punishment? Biting upon her lower lip as the girl's mind fought for an answer, the feel of an arm wrapping around her waist shortly sent Bree into a frenzy, and to add more craziness, the peck placed upon her cheek only cause her to break out into a flustered shade of red.

As much as she hadn't spent all that much time with other teenagers, the perplexed girl wasn't naive. She knew Cooper's reputation with other girl's. As well as being as being notorious as the rebel, he was two the fuckboy. Which, the girl wasn't too sure about. Sure, he was flirtatious, but Bree didn't think he was like that. At the least, it was his rough exterior. With this thought, she pried his hands off of her waist and stood up, the red colour still playing on her cheeks. "Well, unfortunately for you, we won't be getting 'really close' anytime soon." Bree continued, looking at him, "Fine, I'll go. I just need to get changed."

Cooper helplessly grinned as the red tint of her cheeks changed, though when she moved his hand and stood up, his grin faltered. He'd been quite sure in that moment that, after all, his attempts at persuading the girl had simply failed. But after all, they actually hadn't. A relieved laugh escaped his lips as he leaned back, relaxed. "Yeah, alright. We won't be getting really close." He agreed, nodding his head as he licked his lips before pursing them in a line. His thoughts filled his head, wondering where he'd actually take her for the night. A drive, yeah, but.. he wanted to do more than go through the streets for a few minutes before bringing her back.

He actually wanted to do something, something that would impress her. Which was a crazy thought. Cooper Jackson Lewis didn't need to try and impress girls, he just did it. And if it didn't work, it shouldn't matter. But tonight it did, and if it didn't work, he'd.. well, he'd. You know, sulk. Or whatever.

"Hey, why don't I help you change? I'm a great beauty fashion guru person." Cooper snorted at his own words, standing up and reaching to grab her hand. "You don't mind, do you? I'm just trying to be a generous guy, helping a girl with clothes and all that. Not too many people out there like me, you know. All caring and stuff." He smirked, using his free hand to comb his fingers through his loose curls.
tumblr_mmfytjkVqN1rndefqo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Bree had a blank expression plastered over her face as Jack made out that he was innocent victim in the whole scandal - which was amusing because it wasn't like she had suddenly forgotten his history or anything. Looking down at both their hands held together in an embrace, the girl decided to use his offer to her advantage. In that moment, she flashed him a bright smile before tugging at his hand and dragging him along with her towards her wardrobe.

"Aw, I don't mind at all." She grinned, a devious plan concealed behind her chirpy appearance. In a state of unusual confidence, the pale girl let go of his hand and stood beside her wardrobe stocked with clothes. "Choose whatever you want me to wear and I will wear it." Bree enthused, adding perhaps more of an exaggeration to her voice than she had intended. Although, if she was correct, Cooper almost definitely will chose the shortest or tightest items of clothing there were in the closet. But the joke was on him, her wardrobe was sparse of the particular categories of clothing and the only person in her house with clothes like that was her sister.

Cooper grinned as he trailed behind her into her wardrobe. His eyes looked around before looking at her and shaking his head. "You're joking, right? I can pick out any outfit for you, and you're gonna wear it?" He questioned, only repeating exactly what she had said to him. Hesitantly, he let go of her hand and looked around. Of course he wanted something.. more tighter and revealing on her body, but they weren't really going anywhere. Just a drive and maybe to the place he liked to hang it at. Overlook the city, and talk. That's all he wanted to do, but if he told her that he'd seem strange. Weak, probably.

"What if you just ditch the whole shirt and pants thing entirely?" He joked, laughing as he looked around at her clothes. His teeth tugged at his lower lip gently, nibbling on it before he huffed. "I want you to look good, you know? Comfortable, though." He shrugged, scratching his neck awkwardly. "It's not like, cold outside. But it's not really hot, either. So no sweaters or jackets, shorts though. Definitely." He told her, picking up a black shirt and holding it out for her. "We're not really going anywhere, so.." Cooper trailed off, brushing his hair out of his eyes as he looked around for something else. "Oh, you can wear these jeans, and this jacket. They look comfortable." He said quietly, turning back towards her. "If it was daytime and I was picking something, I'd really do something different. But we won't even be gone long, you know?"
DOLAN%2BKMM%2BPERSONAL.gif

700full.jpg

Well, her devious plan had backfired. Cooper hadn't fallen for it so she had no hope but to give up in her scheme. Nevertheless, it was cute to see a guy be so considerate for her comfort, thus that was what made her feel slightly guilty for leading him on in such a manner. Oh well, what he chose was nice, but she wasn't all that interested in clothes - which was ironic since she had a wardrobe packed with with the stuff.

Her eyes averted to him, understanding his point and subtly relieved that they wouldn't be gone for too long. Not that that had anything to do with Cooper, but that the longer she would stay out with him, the bigger the likelihood of her parents finding out. That's why she then said, "I know." The confident act wasn't her, it never was really. Disappearing off into her en suite, she changed out of her pajamas and changed into Cooper's choice of outfit. She splashed cold water onto her face and then dabbed the droplets away using a burgundy towel. Was she really about to do this? Her first ever time to sneak out was going to be with Cooper Lewis. Typical.

For this sense of uncertainty, Bree exited the bathroom before stepping out to see Cooper (doing whatever he was doing). "I-I'm ready." Stuttered, the girl, pressing her lips together whilst in a state of weariness.

Cooper nodded his head slightly, swallowing as he watched her walk away. "Yeah, okay.." He nodded, talking to himself quietly as he walked out of her wardrobe to sit on her bed again. All he could think about now was how he would act when he was with her. Would he be.. Cooper Lewis, fuckboy? Cooper Lewis, the rebel? Or would he just be Cooper? Could he even just be the guy he was deep down, was that an option? Maybe it was, but he doubted it. There were so many questions swirling through his head that he didn't even hear her walk out. His hand rubbed over his face before he turned to look at her, putting on a smile.

"Good, I mean.. you look really good." Cooper complimented her, slowly standing up. When he thought about it, Cooper didn't know Bree. She was just some girl he knew existed and for some reason he was doing everything he could to get her attention. But why? There was no way in the world that the Bree Anderson would have any feelings towards him. The only reason he was able to whisk her away for the night was because he was so great at persuasion. It worked with everyone, he just had something about him that pulled people.

Relationships aren't perfect, and they don't last. He could whisk her away as much as he wanted, but in the very end he would be Cooper and she would be Bree. He'd teach her how to have fun and then they'd just go about their lives. He'd find another girl like he always did, and he shouldn't care at all. "Alright, well, lets go. I parked the car like all the way down the street." He told her, holding his hand out for her and slipping his phone into his back pocket.
tumblr_onwk8yryfY1qzjr2jo2_400.gif

544a6c0630d45e31e59a1416166882cd572fe7bc_hq.gif

"Thank you..?" Bree replied, taking his hand and making her way towards the ledge of her window. She used her other hand to wrench the object open. One thing was floating around her mind: she was going to do this. She was about to risk her family name and probably her parent's trust for one night of fun. Perhaps, she had waited for this day - ok, maybe Cooper wasn't pictured in the equation to begin with - but him being involved with it made it ten times better than it being with any other guy. Who wanted a guy who her parents had approved of? Without a doubt, the experience wouldn't be half as exhilarating than it would be with him. And so what if that night of just them two, would be their first and last. At least Bree could share it with someone who had more to them than the label "bad boy". There was more to Cooper, of course. But would she be with him long enough to find out those kind of depths about him?

With a drag of her fingers, the brunette had raked her lock back into her hair. "Can you go first? It's just that I've never climbed down from this tree before." Bree asked, looking up at him and giving him a slanted smile. Her heart was beating faster by the second, plus her fingers shook in both a state of stress and fear.

Cooper nodded, having fallen surprisingly silent. He let out a sigh as he looked around before climbing through the window and onto the tree branch. He let out a groan as he began to slip, hugging onto the tree for dear life. There probably wasn't much else that could embarrass him as easily as being on the verge of falling. He blinked as he looked around, letting himself slide down the slide of the tree until his feet landed softly in the grass. Brushing off his white shirt, he looked up at her and stretched out his arms. "Come on, I'll catch you if you fall. Which you won't." Cooper promised, his voice barely above a whisper as he stood beneath the tree waiting for her.
tumblr_olwoclNFEl1qetpq0o1_r3_500.gif

Strangely, Cooper was anxious. He was afraid of getting caught, and for what reason he didn't know. It was something so unlike him, a feeling he'd never actually felt before. But here was, wanting to escape to his car with her as soon as possible.

ea85f858a3b65d07b90be29f4e092d11.gif

Bree exhaled her breath, anxiously watching as Cooper made his way down from the tree, however as soon as he slipped she gasped lightly, clasping her chest and tempted to ask him if he was ok. She cared way too much for his wellbeing, considering the two had only met 25 minutes ago. And once he had landed upon the surface of the earth, the girl then knew that it was her turn. Great, Cooper slipping hadn't really up-ed her confidence, neither slowed down her heartbeat, so Bree - without thinking - climbed through the window. She was too concentrated on not falling to listen to what he had whispered, though he was too quiet for her to make anything out of it anyway.

Grabbing onto the trunk, the girl found her footing on a branch and managed to climb her way down the tree without faults... well, not necessarily. Okay, so Bree might've put her weight onto a fragile branch - to which seemed perfectly stable at the time. But to her utter dismay, it snapped under her weight, causing the girl to fall down and land. Right. On top of. Cooper. Yes, they were both on the ground. But lucky for the two, her hands were either side of his head to stop herself from head butting him, plus she was on her knees to which were also either side of his body. This was practically the most humiliating situation she had ever been in, plus the close proximity between their faces was... uncomfortable in a weird way.

And to make matters worse, she possibly knocked the life out of him. "Uhm, I am so sorry, Cooper. Are you okay? I mean I guess you kind of did catch me, heh." She attempted to lighten up the mood. After, groaning at the soon to come bruises on her knees. Although, Cooper was probably feeling much much worse.

Cooper's eyes widened as he heard he branch snap beneath her, and even more so as he noticed her falling along with it. He wasn't fazed when the branch fell at his feet, but with her falling on top of him, well.. that knocked the wind out of him, and he was sure he'd heard a bone crack. He had to, there was no way he hadn't broken something. But even more so, he was sure he was dead. He kept his eyes closed as her weight hit his, not having the proper amount of time to brace himself for such impact.

A wheezing sound escaped him as he groaned, hands reaching up to his chest. Under his breath he was muttering curses and complaints, whining like a child. He could feel the tears prick at his eyes before opening them. "Okay, this isn't quite how I had expected to get you on top of me like this.." Cooper joked, in a wavered attempt to lighten up the situation. "But at least you fell for me, Anderson." He smiled, lifting his head up to face her.
df076b6925bdd648a97012bc55901b85.jpg

"Like I said, I love having you on top of me, but I would love it more if you could get off for a bit." Cooper suggested, placing his hands on her waist to help move her off of him. As soon as she was, Cooper turned around and sat up in his own knees, hunched over to catch his breath. "Okay.. the car, I guess." He whispered, looking up. It took a while, as his body ached, but he pushed himself up into his feet. "Come on, I don't want to hang around here any longer, especially after that stupid fall." He frowned, taking off his jacket as he began to walk. He didn't check for her, as he was so focused on pulling grass out of his hair.

tumblr_inline_nhbxg3W0Jj1qluj21.gif

The girl chuckled at his attempt to lighten the moment, except she did what he had wished for and moved off of him, for a while only really switching her attention from him to her house. This scenario was certainly not what she had expected, plus guilt stabbed her gut furiously as she saw Cooper's pain, which was thanks to her. Bree rubbed at the nape of her neck, suspecting that backlash had taken its toll.

Once the vulnerable boy had stood up and braved his various injuries, she stood up as well, though frowned shortly after. Bree pressed her lips into a thin line, deciding that she actually didn't care so much of Cooper's perception of her. "Wow, for someone who spends a lot of their time with women, you sure as hell don't know how to treat them well." Bree blurted out, not meaning exactly what she had said. She blamed the wind's impact on her brain as she normally wouldn't say stuff like that. She would think it - not say it though.

"I'm driving by the way." Bree stated when she should've asked really. Nonetheless, she held her hand out for his keys. Now this must've been another symptom of craziness. The girl had passed her driving test, although was deprived of her rights of having a car as that wasn't a sense of freedom her parents wanted her to experience. "Please." She half whispered, half begged.

Cooper rolled his eyes at her comment, but he couldn't necessarily disagree with her. He knew how he acted, and he especially knew how he treated people. Usually like dirt, at least, if he didn't care for them at all. Because he wasn't the kind of guy to hold back how he felt, and his mouth had absolutely no filter. Something his father would tell him to fix about himself, but it was only one of many of Cooper's imperfections. One he didn't care to change at all.
tumblr_n9qbsvNaeM1qij8uso8_250.gif

His eyes narrowed at her, shaking his head and brushing off her words as he walked by her. "As if I would give you the keys to an expensive as hell car." He scoffed, shaking his head as he went down the street to the car. "Name one reason why I should trust you to drive my car, and maybe, if you're lucky, I'll give it to you." He shrugged, glancing over his shoulder towards her. The walk wasn't long, as the end of the street wasn't necessarily far from her house. Cooper decided to come to a stop as they neared it, turning around and facing her. His hand dug into the front pocket of his jeans, fishing out the car keys and holding them out in front of her. His gaze never really faltered from her, for once being serious. If there was anything he didn't want, it was to ruin his dad's car. It was really the only rule he followed, which was why he never, ever let his friends drive. But then again, they were usually drunk, so it was better of the way it was.

15243620.gif

Bree looked at his keys and back at him a couple of times, the thought of just grabbing the keys and giving Cooper no choice but to let her drive, becoming her ideal situation. Although, along with that fantasy, was a sense of humanity and with humanity, came consideration. Of course, she would say no to anyone asking to drive her imaginary car, but Cooper was considering it. Processing his words in a state of perplexity, her fingers raised up to her chin, fondling the edge whilst she pondered for a reason. It wasn't that difficult, sure she was no Cooper Lewis - the master of persuasion - but Bree did know a thing or two about the subject. After all, her father was a lawyer, so rightfully, the girl had arguing in her blood. Or so she thought.

"Well, this is the least you can do for me, after all, you did just kidnap me and risk me getting into a whole lotta trouble." She exaggerated before lengthening her statement, this time it wasn't as obnoxious or blameworthy, "Ok, c'mon. I don't have a car, and my parents won't allow me to get one until my 18th birthday. I've always wanted to drive a car that didn't have someone supervising me or judging me..." Explained the blue eyed girl, then proceeding, her eyes only on Cooper, "If something goes wrong - which it won't - I'll pay for everything, I promise." Bree reassured biting down anxiously on her lower lip as she still didn't yet think he was convinced.

"Think of it like a bird. A bird without the ability to fly and it's stuck in its nest, unable to leave, yet waiting for nothingness." The girl said, the street light above the two illuminating her face and causing her irises to glimmer due to the source. "You can fly, Cooper, whereas, I can't."

Cooper watched her as she spoke, though he'd gradually begun to tune out, simply watching her lips move as she talked and the way she looked. That was all he could focus on, and he could only blame himself. He was easily distracted. Which in itself shouldn't come as a shock, considering it was Cooper of all people. He licked his lips, gripping the keys in his own larger hand. He admired her, and that wasn't a first. Or, maybe it was a first, he didn't really know. He dazed off so often that it this point he couldn't recollect every little thing he ever thought about. Or didn't think about, considering he wasn't actually thinking about what was happening. Or what she was saying.. only on her .

Cooper did eventually tune back in, catching the last few words she uttered to him with a small smile. He nodded his head, taking a small step closer to her and opening up the palm of his hand. "Here, take the keys. Normally I wouldn't let people, no matter what they said, but you're really cute." He said simply, his own little attempt of flirting with the girl. Even after his other attempts since he'd first gone to her house, he didn't stop. He'd continue, and hope for some type of reaction eventually. Though deep down he knew she wouldn't like him. He was Cooper Lewis for god's sake. There wasn't much to like about him after all the rumors you'd hear. He wasn't worth the time of day.
tumblr_lttspyHthQ1r1rhh2o1_r1_500.gif

"I can't fly as far as I'd like, you know. And there's nothing wrong with.. settling. Sometimes it can be a good thing." He told her, turning to go closer towards the car.​

e4540a462bbf1f09aa26b7894df5ae8f.gif

Bree watched as Cooper turned the keys onto his palm, gesturing for her to take the object, and she had found a wide smile spread her lips open widely. Listening to his reason, the girl didn't know whether to take it as a compliment or insult to say that her points were uninteresting to him. Although, what did she really expect? For him to listen maybe and possibly pay attention to her words rather than her appearance. Oh well, she forced a smile to him before walking beside him as they neared the car. Examining the keys now in her possession, Bree's ears perked as Cooper spoke. Did she hear him right? He was talking about settling. The Cooper Lewis thought that settling was a good thing - which it was, but you wouldn't think something like that would come out of his mouth.

Not really sure how to respond, Bree shrugged her shoulders and fiddled with his keys. "Sometimes. I've never really thought about that type of settling - well, not like that will happen any time soon to me." The girl said, walking over to the driver's side. She then clicked the keys to unlock the car before jumping into the seat, then she fastened her seat belt, and awaited patiently for Cooper.

Cooper glanced back down the street, the way they'd just come from. He hummed slightly as he turned back to the car, opening the door on the passenger's side and slipping in. He was surprisingly hesitant to shut it, but once he did, he leaned back in the seat and relaxed. "Alright, princess, let's roll." He said simply, fingers combing through his hair. Though Cooper was so engrossed in his own thoughts that he wasn't paying her much mind. Which definitely wasn't the right thing to do, considering he'd been the one to persuade her to leave home. He couldn't just not give her any sort of attention whatsoever. It'd definitely be hard though, Cooper wanted to be open with someone, who he actually felt he could trust. But at the same time that was how he felt with a lot of people, the odds of it being a proper assumption was practically nothing.
dac52451bd9e60f1d45e7d0c9b794ce7.gif

And this was where Copper Lewis' trust issues came into play. He didn't open up to anyone, which played perfect for his little image. So when he turned his head to look at Bree, Cooper sighed once more. "You know, I was just thinking.." He trailed off, turning away again to look ahead at the road. He'd fallen short of speaking, since he didn't entirely know what he was thinking. Or at least didn't know what to tell her.​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back