• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Not For This World {Remake}

TheAdventureBegins

Wwwwhaaaaaat?
I recently made this rp and sadly multiple life things happened to most players, so me and two others decided to just start from scratch! Let me know if you are interested, we would love to have you!

tumblr_pjfly8cVls1t9x55so8_1280.jpg

Every year a group of childhood best friends would gather in their woods back home for an annual camping trip. Being college aged everyone had split on their own life's journey, but still came back home for this no matter what, everyone but Augustus. A year after high school graduation, Augustus simply didn’t show up, no one knew how to contact him, nor any idea where he could have gone. Seven years passed, and just like every other year the camping trip came. The old friends caught up and set up camp just as usual, but when night fell a strange figure emerged from the woods, a young man wearing a pointed wizards hat- it was Augustus!

He joined the others at the fire, seeming just as excited as the rest of them, but something was different about him. As he began telling his story, his words like a melody, the fire began to change color and the world began to shift.

“We are not meant for Earth my friends. We must go back home and right the wrongs of our families.”

---------

This is a High Fantasy plot, with magic, magical creatures and plants. Most of the world and magic will be revealed through the character's interactions throughout the rp. Thus the more they look for information the more that will be revealed. The more they practice their gifts, the more they will understand it. I will be creating arcs for each character at many different points to signal when they get their powers, and when their powers grow. Not everyone will have arcs at the exact same time!
Just like the other things, you are not meant to know what is wrong in the world right away, it will be revealed and influenced by character interaction.

Things to know coming into the rp!
Everyone gets to choose their character’s power within reason. There will be no mind readers/controllers/anything that impedes the control of another player. Anyone thinking of doing illusion type magic would need the approval of everyone and then handled with care.
Magic with runes-like seen in the image- would be a specific class of magic and is also the most used in the new world, but has many different, complex uses.
Alchemy and magic are different things in this rp. Alchemy is science, technology, healing, and most things not accomplished with magic. A lot of it is done through the reactions of the plant and animal life in this world.
The Setting is more in a historical image, with clothing, certain technologies, housing and other things look old/strange to us, they are quite advanced. As in they have self drawn carriages, mechanical creatures, and more. The world is very much open and I would love to see your creativity make it grow as well!
Please keep up a minimum of one paragraph per post.
While I don't have a requirement on how often you post or posting order, lets try and keep things fair. Ex. Not skipping people's responses, or leaving a character frozen in interaction when you knew you would be gone. Just common curtesy is all I ask :3

Important Links

Main {Please don't post ooc here}
Character Sheet
OOC
Lore & More

Interested~ I hope this roleplay doesn’t die like the old one. Question, are we allowed to play as not-so-human things? Like, anthro animals if I’m being honest. If not that’s fine! I got human FCs for “backup”

Interested~ I hope this roleplay doesn’t die like the old one. Question, are we allowed to play as not-so-human things? Like, anthro animals if I’m being honest. If not that’s fine! I got human FCs for “backup”
Same! I was sad, but can't change people's IRL situations! I think I'm going to say no for the first arc of this rp to anthro, but depending on your powers and how things go your character could get 'shifted' 'cursed' or even it just be a gradual change they don't realize at first. Hope this doesn't kill your interest :D Go ahead and hop into OOC if you want and get your character posted if still interested!

Okay I’m now not busy enough and can participate in this role play!
Yes!! Please do! Go ahead and either use the same character and we keep the same things we had already discussed or change whatever you want :D

I would like to participate in this!
Yay! As said above feel free to hop into OOC and post your character! :D

Same! I was sad, but can't change people's IRL situations! I think I'm going to say no for the first arc of this rp to anthro, but depending on your powers and how things go your character could get 'shifted' 'cursed' or even it just be a gradual change they don't realize at first. Hope this doesn't kill your interest :D Go ahead and hop into OOC if you want and get your character posted if still interested!
Doesn't kill my interest at all! Thank you for clarifying, I'll head to think of a character.

Ha! Him and Lyra can totally wallow in their problems together! Her with crippling anxiety, him sad depressed boi xD Our poor characters!
I feel like I should write a scene of him losing int he Olympics, also would the others watch the match for the Olympics, I feel like he would never settle for getting the silver medal in the Olympics.

I feel like I should write a scene of him losing int he Olympics, also would the others watch the match for the Olympics, I feel like he would never settle for getting the silver medal in the Olympics.
You absolutely could! I think Lyra would have watched it, but i don't know about the others :c Ooooh probably not settle for anything but the gold!

You absolutely could! I think Lyra would have watched it, but i don't know about the others :c Ooooh probably not settle for anything but the gold!
Ooooo is definitely love that! Just her trying to make him feel better, omg their friendship is next level I can tell XD

or maybe like another sister and brother type level!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back