NOT Classroom

Lady Warlock

Anime RN
DWMA: NOT Classroom

latest

The NOT classroom is where the NOT students attend classes. The NOT classes are less practice based and more theory based because NOT students are simply learning control - not necessarily combat related skills. This classroom can also be used for DWMA cohort classes which can mix EAT and NOT students together and it can be used for EAT classes on days where there will only be lecture.

Last edited:
D A K O T A - E I M E A R
NOT Classroom - Friday - Week 1
-------------------------------------
A night of tossing and turning from nightmarish memories bled into a dreary morning for a certain NOT student. Tired eyes and messy hair, Dakota emerged from her dorm room earlier than usual... and in a particularly foul mood. She didn't bother putting her usual skull clip in her hair, though it was tucked into one of the pockets of her jeans for safekeeping. A granola bar in hand, she made the trek to the DWMA in early morning mist. It took the overly fatigued girl quite a while to climb the many stairs, and even then she just about fell back down them several times. Normally, reading that there were actually classes being held would improve her mood. It didn't this time. She was too tired to care. Her time spent staring at the note on the door ended with her just picking a class at random and remembering the location to go to later.

Dakota's feet carried her to the library, where she greeted Miss Ai quietly and spent a while browsing for a book. The place was deserted, mostly because she'd beaten the crowds there. She ended up picking a fiction adventure novel off the shelf and settled at a table to read a little. Just enough to figure out if she'd enjoy said book.

Eventually, she dragged herself back up from the table and checked out her book with Miss Ai. From the library, Dakota made her way to the NOT classroom, mostly out of habit. Also because that was the class she'd chosen at random. "Theory of Souls" or some jazz like that with Professor Mitsaki. Vaguely, she wondered where Kassana planned on going. She debated the idea of hunting down the weapon girl she'd worked with most recently, but eventually decided against it. Too much work. She just wanted to hide in a corner of the NOT classroom and read until she had to interact with people for class.

The NOT classroom was open, to allow for early arrivals she guessed, so she wandered in. Her course was set right for the uppermost corner of the room, farthest from the door. If there was anyone else there, she honestly wouldn't have noticed. She sat down in the seat she'd picked, opened her book, and continued to read.

Or she tried to continue to read. She really, really did.

Her body just decided sleep was more important.

Not even twenty minutes into reading her book, Dakota had fallen asleep, book closed underneath her arms to form a rather uncomfortable pillow for her head. She was out cold, and was probably not going to be waking up on her own anytime soon.

Professor Hiro Mitsaki
Even though his seminar class for the afternoon was technically the least hands-on topic of the day, it was still bound to be far more interactive than its title implied simply because it was a DWMA class. Lecture classes that were purely lecture content were hard to come by at an academy dedicated to mastering skills over simply memorizing content. Lord Death wanted his students to be able to go out into the world and DO things; he didn’t want them to just be able to recite things.

Unfortunately for Professor Hiro, hands-on classes really weren’t his style. They involved demonstrations and practicing and supervision and one on one attention. All of that required effort… and a lot of it. It left Professor Hiro hoping that there were a few students in attendance who happened to know a little bit about what it meant to resonate so that he wouldn’t have to do quite as much work on his own. He could only hope for that, though. When students got to choose their own classes, there really were no guarantees on where anyone was going to end up.

However, as he walked into the classroom, Professor Hiro could at least confirm that he would have one student. He smiled softly at the sight of Dakota asleep at a desk and he let her be as he started drawing a couple diagrams on the board. His class, unlike the other two, would start with some small amounts of lecture content. Theories, after all, weren’t very hands-on things. Applying the theory was what became hands on. The notes he put on the board listed out the different kinds of souls that he would discuss during class and he also drew some lines that created some connections between some of the souls. One of the most interesting lines was probably the one that connected weapons and witches and that was one of the things that this lecture would cover - how the two souls were connected. Witch souls were connected to a lot of things on the board, though.

He was finishing his diagrams as students started walking in. He jotted names on his clipboard as they walked in, too. It was Alexis who he asked to wake up Dakota when she took a seat near the girl and Alexis obliged his request. Jayce made sure he was sitting next to Felix. When Jessyka walked in, Professor Hiro’s eyes lit up for a moment, but then he realized that she likely wouldn’t have an experienced weapon to demonstrate with. Well, it was still a possibility… and she could explain a few things from experience which saved him some work.

Finally, everyone was in attendance and Hiro quieted the room down.

“Now, I’ll assume you’re all here for Theory of Souls and Resonance. If you’re not, then I recommend you go reread the note that Lord Death posted near all entrances and get yourself to the right class before you’re marked unexcused.” Professor Hiro actually sounded like he hoped that would shrink the class size just a little although he doubted it really would. “If you’re here for that class, though, you’re in the right spot. If you are here for Theory of Souls and Resonance, then I imagine that quite a few of you are eager to jump right to the resonance part. However, you’ll actually resonate better if you understand a bit more about your own soul and more about your partner’s soul.”

Attention turned to the board and Professor Mitsaki read through all the souls he had listed up there. “Meister, weapon, human, kishin egg, kishin, witch, werewolf, Shinigami, sorcerer… all of these are different kinds of souls you may encounter and each one works a bit differently. But, they’re all connected as well. A witch’s soul has magic and that magic is what gives weapon souls their uniqueness. All weapons, technically, have a touch of witch to them which is what allows all of this… resonance, weapons, meisters, all of it… to work.” As he talked through things, he was gesturing to the lines on the board.

“Would anyone care to explain the differences between a witch and a sorcerer? Or what makes a meister different from a human?”

If your character would like to volunteer an answer to any of his questions, you may state that Professor Hiro Mitsaki calls on them to allow them to answer. If we had to go back and forth with raising hands and being called on, then this lesson would simply take too long. If you would like to facilitate a discussion with Professor Hiro, please ask me either via PM or in the OOC and we can collaborate a post.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Exanis Exanis KageYuuki KageYuuki Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Zenaida Zenaida Deadeyelee Deadeyelee

Last edited:
Luxe Rosenfield

Luxe moved to his seat quietly, sitting near the back without much fuss as the lecture began. Immediately his mind went blank as Professor Mitsaki asked a pair of questions the young meister was completely unprepared to answer. Luxe had never considered what was inside of him that made him different from a normal person. It was an interesting question for sure, and he promised himself to hear out the answer closely.

Luxe's eyes glanced around the room, wondering if someone else would take up the challenge of offering a reply, only for him to turtle up as he noticed Ravyn, once again. Why did it seem like the universe itself was trying to force an awkward conversation between the two of them? He had run it through his head for days since their mission together, and he hadn't become any more enthusiastic for it in the time since...

Magna Carter
After a bit of discussion, Jessyka and Carter had agreed to go to the resonance class together. After all, it would be the perfect opportunity to test and see if they'd be any good together as a weapon-meister pair. As he followed Jessyka into one of the NOT classrooms -- places he was getting rather sick of -- his hands were shoved in the pockets of his hoodie and his silent headphones still hanging from his ears as if they were nothing more than jewelry.

Crossing the threshold into the room, he twitched and then stopped all together. There was already a decent amount of people there and he could feel his headache coming back. Too many electronic devices. Just too much spastic energy flying around the room in general. It took a moment for him to adjust to the new environment. Then, once he had relaxed a bit, he continued into the room; sitting down next to Jessica.

As he waited for class to begin, he happened to notice the girl he had met in the cafeteria earlier. The one who's brother had been killed by DWMA students. Huh, I wonder how she's holding up. Was the thought that came to mind. It didn't take long after that for the class to start.

Right from the start, Carter could already feel himself starting to fall asleep. He knew all the stuff already. What did they think he was doing taking all the classes at DWMA to begin with? This was elementary stuff. Well, at least for EAT class students it was. Of course, he wasn't an EAT class student yet, but that didn't stop him from learning.

Just as he was about do dismiss what was going on and let his mind wander, the teacher asked something that seemed odd to him. After a moment, Carter sat up and raised his hand. Then, once called on, he responded, "Um... I mean, those kinda seem like trick questions. Cuz witches and sorcerers are, well, for all intensive purposes the same. I mean, there might be some subtle differences like witches are girls while sorcerers are guys, but that really isn't all that important. The DWMA generally says witches created demon weapons, but sorcerers make demon tools and such. So I guess what I'm trying to say is, they're basically the same thing. As for humans and meisters, it's kinda like the rhombus and square comparison. All meisters are humans, but not all humans are meisters. So, you can't really separate the human from the meister either."

Alexis “Lexie” Traynor
Alexis had taken her seat, nudged Dakota awake, and then she started thinking through some of the things that Professor Mitsaki was talking through with them. A lot of it was quite basic and she imagined it was merely intended for any of the newer students who chose to attend this seminar, but it was his last question that really got her thinking. The more she thought about it, the more she began to realize that there might be more to it than she ever thought there was before.

Carter beat her to giving an answer, and she listened to what he had to say before offering her own opinion and thoughts on the matter.

When he’d finished, Alexis rose her hand and Professor Hiro called on her, wanting to hear what everyone had to say before adding anything of his own.

“I think Carter’s kinda right on the difference between humans and meisters, but I think there’s more to it than that. Technically, couldn’t any human make the choice to become a meister? A meister by definition is simply someone who wields a demon weapon, after all, right? Yes, I know that most meisters have unique abilities and strong souls that allow them to handle wielding a demon weapon, but one could still choose to be a meister even without those abilities. They might not be very good meisters at the start, but anyone can learn how to wield a weapon with practice and dedication.”

Pausing, she thought through the words she’d offered and wondered if there was anything more she could add to the topic. “Someone could be born into a renowned family of meisters with wonderful soul perception and good souls to blend with, but if they choose not to wield a weapon, then can you really call them a meister? I think it’s more about the choice than anything else.”

Hiro was quite enjoying the conversation that was being sparked and his eyes scanned over the rest of the group, wondering if anyone else had any textbook or opinion related answers to give to either one of his questions.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Exanis Exanis KageYuuki KageYuuki Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Zenaida Zenaida Deadeyelee Deadeyelee

Ravyn Cooper
Ravyn stifled a yawn, idly scrolling through her phone while waiting for the class to start. Seemed a decent number of students had decided to also attend this particular lecture. Finally, Professor Mitsuki began his lecture. The weapon put her phone back in her pocket, leaning back in her seat. Golden hues scanned the gathered students, narrowing slightly at the familiar redhead off in the back. She was going to have to catch Luxe once class was over.

"The biggest difference between witches and sorcerers is just gender." Ravyn shrugged, "Otherwise, they're humanoid beings capable of wielding magic. Sorcerers... do seem to be a lot more rare though. But humans and meisters..." Something she still seemed to be missing... She hummed for a second, getting her thoughts back in order. "Meisters are beings that can resonate their souls with a demon weapon, but they don't have to be human to be a meister."

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Jack Trinity

Sitting in the middle row, next to his weapon partner, Jack's head rested against his palms, elbows against the desk, as he listened to Professor Mitsuki talk. He could also hear the mark of pen against paper as nearby students copied down the diagram drawn on the chalkboard. There was a chance it could be on a test, after all. If Jack were a good student, he'd be doing the same. Unfortunately, Jack didn't care enough to. He could always get the notes from Kalin anyway, since his blonde partner was the diligent type...which is why he'd spent most of his morning in the library with the boy.

Jack now knew more about Deathscythes than he thought he would ever need to know.

Sighing, the fifteen year old fiddled with his die as various responses to Mitsuki's inquiry arose. He wondered if he ought join in to earn class participation points. And if so, what sort of response he should give? A text-book answer? Something completely inaccurate? Something in between? The first student that spoke questioned the questions. The second brought up a new perspective. The third corrected the first. He had to admit, Alexis's answer was the one that interested him most.

Choice. Did that mean anyone who tried hard could become a meister?

Glancing at Kalin, Jack nudged his partner to get his attention. Leaning a bit closer, he whispered teasingly. "If I answer, you should try answering too. We're partners, right?" A playful smirk was given to the blonde boy before Jack straightened and rolled his die on the desk. Three. An average answer.

He raised his hand.

"Can't say I've been at this school for very long and I don't know very much, being a NOT student and all, but I'm a meister so I think I can try to answer the second one...at least, from my prospective." Jack picked up his die and pocketed it. "The main thing that separates me from my peers back in middle school was my ability to perceive souls. I think all meisters have to have that ability, at least to a limited degree. How else would we be able to collect souls for Death? Or link ours with a Demon Weapon's?" Jack glanced at Kalin. "They aren't ordinary weapons, after all. They have souls. "

Deadeyelee Deadeyelee , Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

D A K O T A - E I M E A R
Dakota sat up with a half-hearted mumble after Alexis nudged her. She blinked at the still blurry board and the figure of Professor Hiro at the front of the room and then rubbed at her eyes to clear them. She whispered a quiet 'thank you' to Alexis, and then focused on the lesson at hand. She peered at the board for a few, while Hiro was talking actually, trying to determine if this was information she needed to write down. She tuned into what Hiro was saying after she decided it wasn't worth the effort because she'd gone through this previously, and remembered enough of it. The two questions Professor Hiro posed to the class were interesting enough, but the shy girl opted not to even attempt an answer as classmates left and right started giving their own answers.

Her head bobbed a couple times in nods while Carter and Lexie spoke. They both made valid points, and she agreed with them. Meisters were just another classification for a human, one that could be achieved through hard work. Ravyn made a good point as well when she stated that meisters didn't have to be human. That rule held true for Demon Weapons, so why couldn't it work for meisters too. Dakota was slightly surprised when Jack answered. She knew from experience in classes that the boy could have given a much more detailed answer. The one he did give probably had to do with the roll of his die as per usual. Her eyes flicked to Kalin, wondering if the blonde boy would be brave enough to follow in Jack's footsteps and offer his own input.

Dakota focused on the front of the room again, watching Hiro and the list of soul types silently. She wasn't normally one to say anything in class settings anyway, so her silence probably wouldn't strike anyone as odd. Her brain was still partly in sleep mode as well, hence why she was actually tapping a pattern on her leg with one hand quietly. A distraction to keep from nodding off again. She might not be actively participating in discussion, but that didn't mean she wasn't interested. She didn't want to fall asleep and accidentally miss anything important.

Jason A. Daniels
From his spot towards the back of the room, Jason nodded along to a tune in his own head, only have listening to the conversation going on throughout the class. Professor Hiro did bring up a good set of questions, and he could see where he was going with them, even if they seemed slightly out of the blue to the others. Still that didn't mean he had to speak up and contribute. Though he supposed he did promise to come to this class, and so he should try to get something out of it. Not that rubbing salt in his own wound of not having a proper partner after five years was something he really wanted to do, even though he had long gotten over that little hitch in his career.

Sighing again, Jason decided he might as well contribute to a degree. Lazily raising his hand, and catching the Professor's attention in the process, Jason spoke up, a lazy smirk on his face. "Beyond that both witches an' sorcerers die from bein' punched enough times? An' 'sides tha fact a' tha matter that both a' them can use magic, sorcerers tend ta be tha stronger a' tha two, as well as tha rarer a' 'em. Whether tha correlation between their rarity an' their strength is a thing, I ain't paid enough ta bother knowin', but it's likely." Jason leaned back and absently ran a hand through his hair. "Now if we're talkin' 'bout tha difference between a meister an' a human, that's pretty simple, I think. A meister is anythin' with a soul wavelength powerful enough ta be able ta wield a demon weapon, an' I 'spose more specifically able ta resonate with 'em, humans just tend ta be tha most common race a' meister ya find." He pauses and scratches his chin. "Though now that I think a' it, I guess witches can technically also be meisters cause, y'know, witches have powerful souls." Jason just shakes his head again and sinks further into his chair, mumbling. "Nope, still over my pay grade ta care."

He'd give himself an A for effort, A for execution, and F for thinking about stuff over his pay grade two times over. Still, he contributed, that much no one could argue against. Well... They probably could but he'd be damned if he didn't give himself an out on saying he participated.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock KageYuuki KageYuuki Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Zenaida Zenaida Deadeyelee Deadeyelee

Last edited:
Kalin Mickleson

Sitting towards the center of the auditorium with gave Kalin a slight sense of unease but he'd have to get over it. Jack decided by the will of the dice that this is where they'd sit. The blonde boy bit his bottom lip as he copied down the diagram as neatly and quickly as he could. It'd been hard to get used to academic instruction but Kalin was doing his best. Putting his name on assignments, taking lecture notes, studying textbooks, asking questions. All new concepts. The only thing he really felt comfortable with was the reading. As for answering questions in front of a large group, he found it an almost cruel exercise. So when Jack nudged him with the apparent expectation that he should answer too, Kalin probably looked as if he had asked him to clear a minefield by throwing himself on them. Several seconds of near hyperventilation later, Kalin shakily raised his hand as he internally screamed.

“Anyone can wield a Demon weapon. B-But that doesn’t make them a Meister. Miester’s often have soul abilities, and are normally athletically gifted and sometimes that’s reflected on the soul. However the question of how a Demon Weapon soul varies from a Meister’s soul is very simple. T-Theoretically any kind of soul can be a Meister except for that of a Demon weapon. H-Humans just tend to be the ones that we see because the rest are…so vastly different and or evil that we don’t come in contact with them…and the DWMA works hard to funnel weapons here so they don't get into trouble.”

Kalin slowly lowers his hand, shaking, and hides behind his composition book. He's pretty confident he's offended at least someone with that answer, and he's not ready to deal with it. This is so much worse than fighting. He'd rather relive the concert three times than do this again. A proper hero would have known what to say, and have done so with grace and tact. He's not sure he even came of as a human being.

Matthias
Felix sat with his briefcase on his desk, perhaps not paying as much attention as he should be. Right now he was focused on smoothing things out with Jayce. He'd studied resonance six ways to sunday. He studied Plasmology for FUN. Sure he wasn't discounting Jayce's feelings, but the last thing he wanted to do was sit and watch while Jayce is unable to bail out his own boat. Sure he'd watched while others had sunk into a destructive depression, but that was different. He didn't understand then. 'That's a lie. You just couldn't bring yourself to care.' retorted the little voice of doubt in his head. He bid it to shut up, as he used his thumbs to quietly unclasp his briefcase and crack it open. 'This is practically bribery, and also dehumanizing.' Felix doesn't have time for such elementary self criticisms. Sometimes it's enough to know someone is paying attention and cares beyond what you can get for them. He retrieves a plastic wrap baggie tied with a bit of foil. Inside sit a dozen foil wrapped exotic chocolates. "As promised." Felix whispers, passing the chocolates beneath the desk line as to not distract others from the lecture.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Lady Warlock Lady Warlock KageYuuki KageYuuki Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Zenaida Zenaida Exanis Exanis

Jack Trinity
Jack chuckled as he watched Kalin's shaky response. It amused him that a guy who could so easily risk his soul for another looked to hyperventilating at the thought of giving an answer in front of the class. This was the same boy that steadily suggested a bomb be diffused on their first mission. The one who leapt out of his weapon form to shield Jack from a potential explosion.

Really.

He looked like he was about ready to die then and there.

"All the definitions for a meister thus far seem to have a demon weapon in them..." Jack said thoughtfully, not bothering to raise his hand. It was a theory class, no? As such, various different answers ought be expected. "Which gives credence to Alexis's answer that a meister without a demon weapon isn't really a meister---assuming that part of what defines a meister is the demon weapon themselves."

Smirking, Jack slapped Kalin's back in a playful manner. "Hear that, Mate? I wouldn't be a Meister without you~So buck up. It was an honest answer. Something DWMA should consider. " Certainly it was true that humans tended to dominate the meister field.

Jack wondered what Kalin would think if he told him his cousin was part zombie. It would be entertaining to be sure.

He rolled his die: one.

Jack turned to the one that spoke about punching sorcerers and witches and smiled. "Does it feel any different when you're punching a sorcerer compared to a witch? Like would hold a bit back on hitting one because they are of the softer gender? Or feel a bit guilty?" He was genuinely curious since he himself had never seen a witch up close. He'd sensed the presence of one during the Summer Concert....but Kalin had already run the opposite direction by the time he did. Female magic users. It was gentlemanly nature, or rather something bred into human society, that it was wrong to hurt women, children, and the weak/elderly. Growing up in a psudo-Christian church, Jack such morality bred into him by his father so he would grow up into a proper, respectable young man. Sort of. He was curious whether the EAT students of DWMA considered witches "women" in the social sense at all...or just the biological sense.

And if they did, did it matter?

Jack didn't really care that he was getting off topic since it wasn't really his responsibility to carry the lecture or keep order in the class. He only followed the will of the die.

Deadeyelee Deadeyelee
Exanis Exanis
(mentioned: Lady Warlock Lady Warlock )

Last edited:
Professor Hiro Mistaki
As the students all volunteered their answers, Hiro started writing the details they had mentioned on the chalkboard; well, he wrote most of them down, but he couldn’t quite keep up with all of them. Under witches, he wrote demon weapons and under sorcerers, he wrote demon tools. He added genders as well on each of those lists. Under meisters, he wrote human, but later he had to add a question mark after it because another student had offered that meisters didn’t have to be human. Under meisters, he also added the term choice with a question mark. He added soul perception in the meister column, as well, after Jack offered his answer. Circling both the terms witch and sorcerer, Professor Hiro added the term ‘magic’ because it seemed to fit with everything that was being said. And lastly, he drew a line that connected the terms ‘demon weapon’ and meister.

Looking over the lists that the students had come up with, he nodded and smiled for a moment or two because he really was quite proud of the discussion that was brewing. There was one detail that was missing from the list, but that was why he was there - to fill in the gaps in their knowledge. “I think we’ve got a pretty good list generated here,” he stated to draw the discussion to a close and bring everyone’s attention back to the lesson at hand.

“One other thing to note about the difference between witches and sorcerers is that unlike sorcerers, witches are affected by something referred to as the pull of magic. Their magic abilities actually pull them towards using that magic more often than might be necessary and more often than might be safe for the populations that the DWMA was built to protect. Sorcerers, for reasons we aren’t aware of, don’t seem to have those same urges despite similar magic abilities.” It was a unique thing to try to explain to students as Hiro himself didn’t really even have a complete explanation for it. “Witches, unlike sorcerers, also possess souls that are uniquely capable of completing a demon weapon. A sorcerer’s soul does not have the same effect when consumed by a demon weapon.”

They were the two differences he found important to add.

“It is thought that the reason for the power of a witch’s soul on a demon weapon links back to the fact that demon weapons were originally created by a witch,” he added, “which one of our newer students, Carter, mentioned early in the discussion.”

Moving on to the topic of meisters and what made meisters special, Hiro had less specifics to mention but he could clarify a few things that had come up. “You’re all correct in the thought that one does not have to be human to be a meister… or a demon weapon for that matter. We do not know for sure if it is possible for a demon weapon to be wielded by a witch or a sorcerer specifically as we don’t have any documentation of such a situation occurring, but it cannot be declared an impossible thing either.” The thought of a witch or a sorcerer wielding a demon weapon was a rather potent and potentially dangerous one, though. “I have no doubt, though, that a resonance between a demon weapon and a witch would be a sight to behold if ever it did occur.”

That brought up the subject of resonance which ultimately was where the conversation was meant to lead. “Resonance, now, is another main topic of this class today. It is the unique link that can only be achieved by weapon and meister pairs and only when their souls are truly compatible. Finding a compatible soul is usually the hard part; the actual resonance is described by some students as very exhilarating and by others as rather serene, which is definitely a wide range. Do I have any students here who have successfully resonated with a partner before and might share what they thought of it?”

His eyes scanned through the crowd, curious. Some of the students were EAT students and therefore certainly seemed quite capable although with the way students had been fluctuating in and out of the academy lately, he wasn’t sure how many people had been paired with fully compatible partners as of late. He knew Lord Death tried his best to encourage certain individuals together because he knew they’d mesch well, but Hiro could never be sure how well that worked out in the end.

Deadeyelee Deadeyelee Exanis Exanis QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel CelticHero37 CelticHero37 KageYuuki KageYuuki Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet Zenaida Zenaida

Ravyn Cooper
Ravyn quietly listened to the other students' answers to the question. She absently twirled a pen between her fingers, watching notes pop up on the chalkboard. She probably should have been taking notes. Granted, that usually just ended up a sloppy mess that sometimes she couldn't even read. Just about everyone that ever asked regretted taking a look at the weapon's notes.

Sloppy handwriting, sloppy home... And so far a pretty sloppy career as a demon weapon. Ravyn couldn't help but wonder if she was really meant to be here. Hell, she's even lost a meister already and couldn't seem to find a new one...

The weapon set her pen down on the desk with more force than was necessary. She hadn't really intended to offer her experiences on resonating with another's soul, but now that the professor was looking right at her... "Shit, Uh, I've really only had one meister I've actually resonated with beyond the bare minimum to be wielded. It's... hard to describe, at least for me. But..." Amber hues wandered the room, seeming more interested in the walls than those looking at her. "You feel complete; like you gained something you didn't even know you were missing."

And losing that? Just left her feeling empty and lost. Longing for that feeling of wholeness and confidence once more.

aXD8TBl.png
Dakota listened to Professor Mitsaki quietly absorbing the information into her brain. Her eyes flicked to each of her classmates as she listened, then focused on the board, connecting the information written on the board to what Hiro was telling them. They'd all had a pretty good answers to the first question Professor Mitsaki has first given the class. However, when the Professor came to the end of his little lecture and asked how many of them had resonated successfully with a partner before, she grew very still and pale. While to most that was probably a harmless question, for her it had connections to events in her past she much rather forget.

Her mind flashed back to the bloodiest day in her life so far. The day she became an orphan. That was the last time she'd successfully resonated with her first ever partner, back when she was still an EAT meister. The next time she tried to resonate with anyone ended in disaster with one of the Sparks twins. They'd ended up hospitalized for a short time after that. She shook her head softly to clear the thoughts and took a deep breath to calm herself down. No need for a panic attack in the middle of class. She listened to the end of Rayvn's answer, then lifted her hand into the air for the first time of the class.

"The last time I resonated with anyone successfully was a long time ago, but... At least from a meister's point of view... I remember it kind of feels like the souls become one... each on extension of the other." She answered, stumbling through the answer in her shy, stuttering way as per usual, though she had steeled herself to sound a little more sure of herself. Her eyes bounced around the room again after that, looking towards Kalin and Jack for a moment, then back to Professor Mitsaki.

Directly interacted with Professor Mitsaki Lady Warlock Lady Warlock
Thread-based tags for Deadeyelee Deadeyelee Exanis Exanis QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel CelticHero37 CelticHero37 KageYuuki KageYuuki Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet

Last edited:
Luxe Rosenfield
"..." Luxe listened to everyone speak, especially Ravyn, and he frowned, glancing down at his desk. So many of these people had that experience to fall back on; that connection to at least one other person that made them greater than themselves. Unlike him. The crimson-haired boy couldn't even be an adequate Meister at the best of times. How many partners was it now? How many attempts to step up to the plate had ended with Luxe failing to meet expectations? Well however many, he could definitely add at least one more to the list. He'd made a fool of himself in front of Ravyn and she tried so hard to let him down easy afterwards. He appreciated it, deep down.

Without much thought into it, Luxe raised a hand, and took I'm the room quickly, trying his best not to linger on his most recent partner as he focused towards the front, and addressed the teacher.

"I've never...well, I can't say what it's like because I've never resonated with anyone. Not to that extent, at least. Um, but hearing it, I guess...it's kind of romantic. My mom used to perform in alot of romantic roles, and the things she'd say sometimes...it's what I'd like to think resonance is like. 'two ideals becoming a single belief that makes dreams possible... two hands reaching out for the stars and taking hold of them, together...'

"When you resonate with someone, you're all still there, but...there's something greater that's created from the participants...and now this is starting to sound almost like childbirth, so I guess I should stop talking! Sorry, professor!"

Luxe brushed the back of his head as he laughed, thoroughly embarrassed by his silly rambling. He probably made the whole discussion awkward, but...he didn't feel completely wrong. After all, soul resonance was all about connections. Maybe he just wasn't the type of person people wanted to connect to.

...Or perhaps, it wasn't someone else who was the problem.

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock
JayeTheKat JayeTheKat
Deadeyelee Deadeyelee
Exanis Exanis
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
CelticHero37 CelticHero37
KageYuuki KageYuuki

Professor Hiro Mitsaki
Although he did hear the students who verbalized their resonance experience actively, Professor Hiro’s eyes actually focused more on those students who hadn’t offered any answers to that particular inquiry. Even looking at how they reacted to some of the answers he was hearing helped him to figure out what their own experience levels were and that would guide how the rest of the lesson proceeded. Given the variety of levels they had available, having students work at their own paces seemed to be the best possible option.

“It seems like we have a variety of experience levels in this class today,” he commented aloud, “but that’s a good thing because it means some of you will be able to help teach others in the group. One of the keys to soul resonance - I have found in my experience - is being able to listen to your partner’s soul wavelength. Once you can hear it clearly - no matter how loud of an environment you are in - then you can resonate clearly as well.” That was why two partners arguing with each other could be so detrimental to resonance. When people were arguing, they often refused to truly hear one another.

“To make things easier for those who are new to it, we’re going to try to maintain a quiet environment while we practice today. While you’re working with your partner, you can communicate through your soul link to help with that. I’ll be walking around to help and as people demonstrate their ability to me, I’ll start sending them to help other groups as well.”

For a moment, Professor Hiro thought he had covered everything. Then another thought occurred to him, though. “Although it wasn’t explicitly required that you attend with a partner, it seems like most of you have come here with a partner which is good. We’re going to break off and practice. Try to contain the resonance’s power if you can manage it. If not… well, maintenance hasn’t had a big job to work on in a while, so…” Professor Hiro simply shrugged that thought off. It was common knowledge that resonance could be quite destructive with some pairings, but this was the DWMA. Some destruction had to be expected on some level or another.

CelticHero37 CelticHero37 Deadeyelee Deadeyelee KageYuuki KageYuuki Kalin Scarlet Kalin Scarlet QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel JayeTheKat JayeTheKat Exanis Exanis

Magna Carter
Carter sweat-dropped as the professor brought up working quietly. It wasn't that he was a huge talker. In fact, he was the opposite. He generally didn't talk much and liked it best when others around him weren't making much noise. However, talking wasn't what he was worried about. Being quiet wasn't exactly possible with his weapon form. If he even managed to transform properly without hurting himself of blowing something up -- which being nervous wouldn't help, his attack would most certainly be loud and distracting.

To make things worse, the professor also asked them to try and contain their resonance power. Carter was almost certain that wasn't going to happen. Then again, he had already come this far, and the DWMA was finally giving him a chance. They wouldn't have done that if they didn't believe in him. With that thought, he was able to calm his nerves a little before looking over to his new partner.

With a shrug, he said, "Well, should we get started? I would highly recommend finding a wide open area and making sure to keep me pointed in a safe direction if this works," Carter had stood up out of his desk before pausing and giving Jessyka a serious look, "Please, be really careful about that, cause I could end up really hurting someone if you're not," then he flashed her a smile and added, "but I'm getting pretty good with it and I trust you, so are you ready?"

Lady Warlock Lady Warlock

Users who are viewing this thread

Back