• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern North Star Bar MxM Country Romance

ItAllGood

The day had been rough. Spring was always busy for the young framer but today he was faced with a blown pipe line which meant no water for a quarter of his fields. No water meant no crops and no crops meant no money. No money... well... he'd rather not think about that. Ma was struggling to keep things a float since his father died. In her old age she was a bit touched and made a few frivolous decisions. Trusted the wrong people with her money. That was why he stayed. To take care of her and ensure that the farm wouldn't end up in the greedy hands of a few evil men that didn't have conscious enough not to take advantage of a grieving widow.

He had no choice but to spend the time, expend the effort, toil in the dirt and manure filled irrigation water to get the damn thing fixed. After many avoidable mistakes, a few nasty curse words that would make most peoples hair curl and about ten hours of work he finally got the water flowing again. Still, he felt like a failure. "Dad would have known what to do. Dad would of had it fixed in an hour. Dad would kick your ass for letting it get that bad..." he told himself. Today, like many other days, he wished he could have asked for dad's advice.

It wasn't like Glen to frequent the one and only bar in town. Too many people he knew and too many people that knew him. Add alcohol to that and you had a big potential for trouble, but when he passed by in his old, yellow, ford truck the draw of the neon lights lured him in. Budweiser was lit in bright red and white. Just the thought of a cold beer made him realize how dry his mouth was. Twisting his parched tongue around in his mouth was the last push he needed to pull over.

It was busy. Fifteen, twenty people maybe. Probably no more busy than a normal night but when he stepped into the wood paneled room he could feel the excited buzz of a Friday night even though it was only Thursday. It was well lit for now, but the day light was dimming. As he breathed in the scent of beer and old pine filled his nostrils. It was a scent that if he smelt anywhere else he would be brought right back to the North Star Bar.

Still wet and dirty he strolled in. Tipping his hat he nodded and smiled at anyone who greeted him as he made his way to the bar. Already he wondered if this might be a mistake. He took an empty bar stool and settled in with his elbows on the bar top and his fingers laced together in front of him. "Eli," he said to the dark haired, scruffy man to his right. A low grunt was his response. The two had never liked each other much. Eli, the son of the town sheriff was just a bit two entitled for Glen's liking and Glen was just a bit too opinionated for Eli, but they got along well enough. They had to. It was either that or kill each other and that wasn't going to turn out well for either of them. So tolerate they did.

The man on his left, however, he didn't recognize. His brows knit together as he examined the stranger in the mirrored bar back. He tried to place him and was almost embraced that he couldn't. The look on his face was a mixture of concern, curiosity, and pure confusion. It must have looked quite odd.

(Hi there! This is just an idea for a start. I do not expect you to post this much every time. I am ok with a single paragraph post if that is what the story line requires. I have no triggers and I am very much looking for an mxm rp. Please personally message me if you are interested in being the stranger in the North Star Bar.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back