• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
1604190947810.png
Liashu
(Phantom Of Misery)
Date: April 2nd, 2030
Time: 8:15 pm
Interactions: Ryuujin QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
As Liashu exited the building, they couldn't help buy smile as they took notice of the gloomy dark sky, it seemed to be wonderful day for them thus far and with any luck the next day will be even better. Though Liashu took a moment to look back towards the building in order to admire their handiwork one last time, but they couldn't help but find something off about it. For one they didn't see any fire only smoke, the fire should of been visible since it started so close to the windows, they doubted it was taken out by anyone due to the fact the fire extinguishers in the building looked too old to be of any use. As Liashu stood there pondering what was going on, with the gathering crowd who also seemed to be focused on the smoke coming out of the building before it stopped completely. Liashus questioning look turned into a glare as the pieces fell into place and the scent of the one responsible to what seemed to be the reason as to why their plan failed hit their nose. They weren't happy in the least for they had spent nearly 24 hours with that one person hoping to cause enough chaos and death to assist in their quest to cause a mass amount of Misery. Only for all their time to be wasted due to some meddling god and their accursed regalia, and if theirs one thing Liashu hated, it was wasting their time.

Liashu wasn't really having any of it as they marched back into the building prepared to give whatever god that decided to interfere with their plans a piece of their mind. Their body was protruding off a great amount of heated energy, the air around them was heated to the point being close to them would be like being in a oven. Taking back towards the upper levels of the building by stairs they couldn't help but mutter to themselves. "Don't those accursed Gods have anything better to do than get into my business, I swear the next time they get in my way i'll burn them to a crisp!" As they finished off the last line Liashu stopped in their tracks. Taking a deep breath in and out, "Alright Liashu, just keep calm, and don't let those grandiose delusioned gods get to you." and with another deep breath in through their nose and out Liashu opened their eyes, they heat from their body dissipating . As they continued walking up the steps until the finally reached the floor of where the fire use to be at, their face was filled with annoyance as they opened the door. The floor didn't look too bad for a place that should of been burnt to a crisp, well it was still not in the best shape but they had seen worse. Liashu crossed their arms as they moved throughout the floor of the office building, their nose already having scent of the one responsible for saving this place. It took them no time at all for them to find the one responsible, and Liashu went on to lean against the wall as they took them in. Sizing them up and taking note of their features , the smirk on their face being one of amusement as they began to speak "Well, so you are the one that decided to take the time out of their day to thwart my plans, do you Gods honestly not have anything better to do other than getting on my nerves? " though now that they thought about it, they guessed they were bound to have a god intervene since the amount of deaths could of been much higher without their intervention. Still though they found it rather annoying which was made clear in their voice as they spoke up again "You could of atleast waited maybe a few more minutes before getting involved."

Date: April 3rd, 2030
Time: 12:10pm
d5evrei-c727b4c0-f618-40a0-a87c-c7dbcdf0ae0e.png
Azani Goddess of Vengence and grudges

With the priest secured and the grudge fulfilled Azani had only to attend to the details of her plan. A shrine was all well and good, but these days you needed more than just a physical location, you needed to be online. Azani knew a few things about computers and how to use them, she often used forums and such as ways to spread her legend and make sure more people found her. Still a few forums posts didn't equal a website. There was only one being Azani knew that could help her in this matter, only because she had leverage over him. Gods did not help her unless they were getting something in return of she had something over them, that was the way of things. Azani was more than used to that, at least god no longer would try to go after her for being evil, even if gods could not be good or evil, they simply were. The only god that could help her was Kami_X who she had bought a regalia for, even if he hadn't asked, and gods tended to get attached to regalia fast so he would likely want to keep them. So a little bit of blackmail would get the tech god to help her in this little endeavor. The fact shew didn't have a shrine yet and her priest was still in jail till the end of the week , were just minor details, this was all set up. So Azani had to come back to what the idiot thought was his territory like some animal might. Hopefully the regalia would teach him to steer clear of getting attached to humans, or worse, many gods had fallen and vanished because of that mistake. Looking up to Kuro Azani really wished she could fly , perhaps if she could name Kuro then... like that could every happen, but if Azani managed it flight would be nice.

"With how territorial that fool was yesterday you would think he would have come running by now" Azani sighed not having found Kami_X after a bit of time searching and having assumed he would come running to stop her or whatever he empty mind might think he could do. " On a side note how should we list you on the website, I thinking partner?" Azani asked always treading a fine line around the prideful phantom. She could be a bit difficult as even when you meant to say something nice she might take it wrong if it didn't sound respectful. It was much harder than working with a regalia who knew the hierarchy, but if Azani wanted a servant she could force any spirit into it.

Dante Verren Dante Verren QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 8:15 pm​

Ryuujin (God)
The scowl that had already been on Ryuujin’s face deepened when a silvered haired, red-eyed phantom appeared before them. It wasn’t the one he was looking for. However, it was a phantom all the same. The perpetrator of what would’ve been a storm. Every time he saw another one of the newly evolved phantoms, it reminded of the war 10 years ago and the desecration of the sea. Speech made them all the more annoying.

“You’re an audacious creature, aren’t you?” Removing one hand from his pocket, the dragon god reached for his regalia who’d been tending to the severely burnt human. “Come, Joyoki!”

Once a golden trident appeared in his hand, Ryuujin leveled it towards the child-like phantom leaning against the wall. “Did you come to die?”

Don’t forget the about the main goal, Milord. It might know something about the one we’re looking for.

“I’ll spare your life if you can tell me where a phantom that looks like this is hiding.” Other hand rummaging through his pocket, Ryuujin pulled out a crumpled picture of his former Exemplar.

Time: 9:25 p.m​

Uroko (Regalia)
cfc0b16bd9d8b240c7179bbe1e4e12d548156818_00.jpg
Putting down the magazine he’d been reading, Uroko picked up the hotel phone on the third ring. He listened to everything the human on the other end said without a word. To be precise, he hadn’t been able to get a word in because, from the report that the two children had found the phantom to Ryotaro Hirai’s plan of using himself as bait, the human hadn’t given him much room to inject. Not that Uroko minded. It gave him more time to think.

Seemed Ryotaro Hirai hadn’t been exaggerating about his eyes. Uroko had to admit, even he had somewhat doubted the human’s ability to track down what even a god like Ryuujin-sama couldn’t do easily…though he supposed it depended on the god. Kyoto was a big city, after all, and even if the child of man could see the trails left behind by the residents of the far shore, that was a far cry from the all-seeing, all-knowing foresight that certain gods possessed.

Yet Ryotaro Hirai had managed to find them to make direct ‘deal’ with his master. He also seemed to know more about their world than any other ordinary human would. Did he see more than simple ‘tracks’? Compared to his master, Uroko was less prone to doubt. It was easier to believe until proven otherwise than to reject the words of others as outright lies. Less troublesome as well.

“It depends on what type of phantom they are how they travel,” Uroko decided to answer that question first. “Some crawl, some swim, some fly, and some wear themselves in human skin to walk among the people of the near shore. The more negative emotions and spirits they consume, the stronger they grow and the more abilities they develop that would increase their capacity to travel. The Dark Ones that attacked the Heavens 10 years ago seemed to be able to rip open vents to the Underworld and travel through them with ease.” Normally it took hundreds of lesser phantoms working together to drill a hole out from the Underworld. Even then, the goddess trapped below would likely close the gate and/or nearby shrines would endeavor to seal it up again. Most phantoms he saw didn’t have the mental capacity to think beyond their need to consume—punishment for crossing the line either in their mortal lives or their afterlife. “But all phantoms, to a degree, possess the ability to travel between the far shore and the area in between.”

Humans could summon forth phantoms with their negative emotions, after all.

“I can’t say for certain how the one we’re looking for snuck up on you, but if has all the knowledge of the person I used to know, then there are many ways it could’ve done so.”

The uses of hexes, curses, and even certain regalia spells left a stain on the spirit, that could very well result in blight but Towako was likely no longer beholden to such rules. There were rules in Heaven against getting humans involved in far shore affairs as well, but that line had already been crossed. At this point, withholding relevant information was only putting the children at risk. His lord might not be completely happy about it, but cooperation was the easiest and most efficient way to finish the task at hand. “Meet with me at the park behind this hotel tomorrow, when the clock strikes noon, and I will tell you about the spirit that once named Towako.”

“I will also let Ryuujin-sama know what you’ve told me, but I’d advise you not to be rash, Ryotaro Hirai. If you and Rika Murakami are being targeted by the one we’re after, then you two are our biggest leads we have to catching it, and we will keep an eye on you ourselves.”
For as long as as the dragon god of the sea could vacation in the near shore at least. Ryotaro was correct in saying Ryuujin-sama had responsibilities. A domain to rule over. Time he spent searching the near shore for a single phantom was time spent away from his duties as King of Ryūgū-jō.

Work didn’t disappear. It would only pile. “Bait for a phantom typically includes spirits or a human producing a substantial amount of negative emotions, so I’m not sure what either of you did to draw its attention, but it’s best to do it near a shrine or whenever we’re around.”

But of course, it’d run if it saw Lord Ryuujin so keeping out of sight was imperative as well. “If you can lure it out of hiding, we’ll prepare a trap for it. The details can be discussed tomorrow, but if you value your life, don’t act alone. Even I’m not entirely sure what the new breed of phantoms is fully capable of but, from what we’ve seen 10 years ago, they are capable of fighting on par with regalias and killing gods.”

Advice given, Uroko hung up the phone.

“Who was that?” Ryuujin asked, entering the room with a towel over his shoulders and residue water clinging to his hair. His altercation with the fire phantom had left him feeling a little too heated and a long, cold shower was exactly what he needed to cool down .

“The detective,” Uroko replied, picking up the magazine and re-opening it to the page he'd been reading. “Seems like he’s found our target.”

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
Time: 6:00 pm​
Kami_X (God of Hackers)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

Kami_X withheld a sigh as he took a washcloth that was passed to him, wiping his hands with it before the meal. The god may have lived alone, but dumb. He knew basic dining etiquette. Didn’t mean he liked it though. The moment Lady Hasuna passed him the cloth and sat Sumiko in the seat furthest from the entrance, Kami_X was reminded that he was in one of those proper homes with proper manners. He could already hear Renka’s harping about not eating on the bed. Strict rules, in general, felt stifling to Kami_X who preferred more relaxed settings.

However, Kami_X was also keenly aware he was in someone else’s shrine and that inability to show proper respect and/or manners could be a dealbreaker in some situations. Kami_X wasn’t the sort to make enemies of another god. The opposite in fact. He was the sort of god that believed that connections went a long in establishing himself…within reason. Not like it was a formal dinner with any deals attached. Besides, it was Sumiko-chan’s first experience dining with gods.

Chuckling at the memory of Sumiko’s stomach, which spoke more honestly than words did, Kami_X repeated the common expression of gratitude before picking up his chopsticks and trying the various traditional delicacies made by Hasuna—rice being the staple of course. Kami_X avoided anything that looked like lettuce. Green in general. It wasn’t like fiber really did anything for gods.

Nor was Kami_X one for silent meals. It simply wouldn't be Kami_X.

He swallowed his food before speaking to the fifteen year old looking boy that was Hasuna’s regalia. “Hm, so you’re Yuuken, huh? I don’t believe we’ve ever properly met. I’m Kami_X, god of hackers.” Kami_X twirled his chopsticks so they pointed at Sumiko. “And thaaaat’s Sumiko-chan, who wants who wants to learn more about our world, so please be nice to her—even if she won’t climb the stairs with me in the future~”

He picked a piece of meat from the plate using the chopsticks and brought it to his bowl before addressing Sumiko. “Yuuken is Lady Hasuna’s regalia. Now, I’d normally launch into a lengthy explanation of regalias, but I think Lady Hasuna would very upset with me if I turned a nice evening meal into lecture, so I’ll save that for next time and let you enjoy the divine meal prepared by a 2000-year-old goddess in peace~”

Relative peace at least.

Dinner passed with Kami_X complimenting the foods he liked while ignoring the ones he didn’t. Commenting how Yuuken’s omurice was an interesting contrast to the rest of the dishes, given the Western influences in its creation, while at the same time wishing his own meal consisted of fried rice wrapped in an omelette. Much tastier than plain rice, but a bit less healthy. For some reason, traditional Japanese meals always tended to be healthy. Once he cleaned his bowl, Kami_X checked his phone. Latest episode of Magical Girl Mari-chan should start soon. “Oh, looks like my time is up for the day. Kami_X’s class on ‘Life Between The Far Shore and The Near Shore’ will resume…on another date.” Or whenever it was convenient for him. Sumiko-chan’s prayer had been quite open. “Feel free to text me any questions you have as per our agreement.”

Sumiko mentioned having a lot.

“Or, if you’re polite about it, our lovely hosts probably wouldn’t mind satisfying your curiosity given how gracious they’ve been so far~” Kami_X grinned. It was up to Sumiko how long she wanted to stay at the temple. Hanging out and sharing the company of gods was a personal decision. He glanced towards the goddess of hearth and home. “Thanks for the meal by the way, Lady Hasuna! The words through the godvine didn’t lie. You’ve got to teach a young bachelor god like myself some of these recipes.” Admittedly, better than some of the stuff he found online. Not that he indulged in very much cooking in the first place. Only whenever he found himself short on cash because wishes for stray gods weren’t usually stable. Some days he’d get big wishes. Some days not much at all. The life of a working god wasn’t easy. “As always, you have my card if you ever find yourself in need of a Hacker God. Nice meeting you as well, Yuuken~”

That said, Kami_X’s body seemed to digitalize as he teleported away.

MrThe MrThe Dante Verren Dante Verren Nico Nico

Last edited:
Time: 8:20 am
Shorn, God of Despair & Disdain
Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Shorn wasn't at first sure who this other God was, and who they were ready to speak to initially. However, the statement follow up by Nana told him exactly whom they were speaking about. He looked at this God, it seemed that this one here knew #4389 based on his statement, or at least that's what Shorn assumed. Once Nana turned to look at Shorn, he straightened up, and listened carefully to her statement. He took another glance at the Spirit room, and a frown crossed his face, "I see. I take it has happened before then?" Shorn looked over to the Spirit room, and tilted his head, "It's certainly..." He rose his hand in the air, and twirled it a bit, "mystifying...?" He scrunched his face up a bit as he peered into the room.

"Kami...X?" He mentioned to himself, then shrugged, it was a name that seemed pretty straight forward. The requirements for the spirit that he was looking for seemed quite specific, did all gods coming here look for such spirits? Suit Commission by Defaultz_17.jpgShorn hadn't had his hand on a single regalia since his time underneath Ayame. Yet, by going off previous information from the SSA documents Shorn read, it seemed Kami_X had enough money to work around the lack of a shrine. If not that, then he probably lived in a good location where spirits wouldn't have issue with their employment, Shorn wasn't quite sure.

Shorn was surprised at Nana's comment, 'Luckier than I thought', was the SSA running lower on spirits, or did they just have a lack of experienced ones? Kami_X's requirements were quite straight forward, maybe there weren't many who matched that. He watched as Kami_X proceeded to name the first spirit immediately, before asking #8889 for a comment before being named. Perhaps bias towards the experienced? Although, any higher thought of Kami_X seemed to plummet as he immediately dropped his new regalia to the floor. He shook his head before laughing, "I don't think that twirling action suits you too well. Stick to the hacking instead of being a gunslinger, I think you might make out better." There wasn't any real intent behind it, apart from making a joke of the situation.

Shorn looked at Kami_X, and then back to Nana, "I understand, the idea, I think I read over this in the paperwork you initially gave me in regards to the office." He reached out his hand towards him, "The name is Shorn." However, in the midst of the action, Shorn's hand froze in place in mid-extension as she mentioned Lilium Resort. His eyebrow rose as he glanced between the two again, keying in on the real idea behind this arrangement. He was more shocked that Nana actually considered what he said, and actively brought someone into the mix to deal with it.

"Err- -" He brought his hand back from being extended to his chin thinking for a moment, How much could I help, Nana's cover for myself to be involved helps. He visibly bit his lip as he stood there thinking. It was the same issue he spent the majority of the night on, but he snapped his fingers in a sudden mood shift. "I see, that's something I can manage for you." Shorn reached out to Kami_X again, "Apologies, let me start again, I'm Shorn a new hire here at the SSA. I can give you advice in regards to the spirits you've hired if you wish, but my capabilities are limited, I'll do what I can during my visits." Having to speak around a subject, and hope people could still understand his meaning was getting to be a pain in the ass. It was even apparent by the sour look on Shorn's face.

He then looked to Nana, "I had a matter to discuss with you concerning #4389. She asked me to play with #10013 alongside her today, and also mentioned showing me around Kyoto. I'm not sure when, but I don't know the policy of taking spirits outside the SSA." He shifted to stand up somewhat straighter, "Though, I was considering the possibility of naming miss #4389 too. But, I'm unsure if I am a..." He looked down at his hands for a moment, "I'm not sure if she would be interested. I'd like let her know what I'm a god of before bringing that up. For someone like #4389, it would just be a slap across the face if she didn't know beforehand."

Shorn looked to Kami_X, then towards the spirit room, "Hey, you looked like you were trying to talk to her." Shorn dug into his pocket pulling out a purple marker, from the other day, and held it out to him, "I think this may help you bridge the gap." If she was as keen about coloring as Shorn expected her to be, it would be an act that could assist in some degree. A simple gesture sometimes meant far more than words could, something that Shorn knew, but still was clearly trying to work on.

"Nana, after he's finished naming #8889, may I take Kami_X with me to see #4389? I think she will eventually be missing this." He waggled the purple marker a bit, "Plus, I'd like to mention what I spoke about a moment ago when I see her." He looked at the spirit room and coughed a bit, "Though, maybe the spirit room isn't the best place to declare yourself as a God of Despair & Disdain..." He sighed deeply, "Man, it's never easy holding this label atop your head, I spent a hundred years of reform, and I still have this held over me continually."

Last edited:
Time: 6: 05pm​

Yuya Sumiko (Spiritual Human)
Interactions: Hasuna( MrThe MrThe ) Kami_X ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel ) Yuuken( Nico Nico )
Director of Europe.jpg

As a single college student who lived alone and had very few friends, it was a rare occasion for Sumiko to eat with anyone, let alone eat a traditional style meal. To make this even more unusual she was seated at a place of honor... a place of honor at a table with gods! It's like these two divine beings were collaborating to make her an emotionally overwhelmed mess. It took ever amount of willpower she possessed to stop her self from stammering a storm of protest at being treated so well. These gods definitely did not act like the fantasy books and mythology painted them out to be. Though Kami_X had warned her of gods that are less... favorable to meet so she probably just got really lucky with the gods she had met.

Saying the tadeonal thanks Sumiko used her willpower to reign in her hunger and eat like a civilized person rather then the gluttonous 21 year old she actually was. Taking a little bit of everything, Although it was a relatively simple meal it was rather delicious. Looking up for her meal she looked over at Kami_X who was purposefully avoiding anything green and healthy. She couldn't but chuckle a bit at that. Who would have expected a man who went around slaying monsters and answered the wishes of mortals to be picky with his food. It was kind of adorable like watching a kid pick through their food. Speek of kids, Sumiko turned to look at the boy who she had yet to meet sitting at the table. Before she could introduce herself, Kami_X did it for her. Giving her head a respectful bow she gave the boy a smile, "Nice to meet you Yuuken-san." This boy was a regalia, a weapon of the gods. Sure he looked a little grumpy but she couldn't imagine him as a weapon.

As the meal came to a close out of nowhere Kami_X gave his parting words. "Wait you can't ju-" her protests was to little too late. The god of hackers body once again digitalized and vanished leaving her alone with Hasuna and Yuuken. "Of course he teleports... and I still have to take the train..." she said while she hung her head in defeat. Picking her head back up, she looked at the two host and smiled. "Thank you very much for the delicious meal. If you don't mind Hasuna-sama the original purpose of our" she motioned to the empty spot that once had Kami_X "was to come here and meet with you so I could meet and talk with other gods. If it won't be much of an issue can I please ask you a few questions. Of course I will leave an offering before I depart." Still very unfamiliar with the ways of gods, all she could do was hope that she wasn't being rude.

Time: 12:20pm​

Rika Murakami(Human) + Benjiro Watanabe(Human)
ghost-of-the-haunted-house-78168.jpg

Rika almost regretted going to find Benjiro. The computer club president was happy to happy have a lunch date with a pretty girl of course, especially one who seemed interested in the god that blessed their club, but Rika couldn’t be more bored. On and on she listened to him talk about computers and the unbeatable epic-ness that was Kami_X. The last part might’ve been interesting, but Benjiro managed to make the god sound so…normal. It was as if he was exaggerating about a best friend.

“Kami-sama X is the best hacker I’ve come across in my life! The username of a legendary genius. Some say he’s the spirit of a former club member who died and came back to help his former club, others say he’s a holy being born from the net, but I know him as a red-head who often comes to the club. He likes to keep mum about his origins,” Benjiro smirked proudly, pushing up his glasses. “But of course, I could hardly blame him for that. I’ve heard he even hacked into certain foreign facilities and knows some pretty dangerous government secrets so the PSIA might be after him. Maybe even the FBI! No firewall can stop him. He knows everyone and everything that goes on in this school—a true god of information larceny! But he's a nice guy as well. Not only does he teach our members, he sometimes donates to this club as well if we pray to him. It’s only thanks to his contribution that the computer club is what it is today.”

Indeed, the computer clubroom was quite spacious compared to many of the other clubrooms. Not even the Judo club got so much attention. Fitted with sleek, modern-looking computers it was apparent how much of the school funds ended up being allocated to its club members. Not that she could blame the principal, given the sheer amount of trophies that lined the case. Prize money from various coding or computer-related competitions probably added up and brought more fame to the school as well.

It wasn’t anything she was interested in, but Rika wasn’t entirely ignorant to the number of times Shirotome High ended on the news thanks to the computer club’s efforts. A small section of the newspaper, certainly, but still a section. Sports still predominated.

250px-SCSakuya.png

Rika read the names and dates under the trophies. “I heard he lives here,”

“He does,”
Benjiro pointed to a set of double doors. Above was a sign that said ‘Lord Kami-sama X’s Personal Space. Do Not Enter Without Permission’. “Though more accurate to say he often visits. Sorta just comes and goes whenever he wants, so we made him a comfy space to stay in the clubroom closet whenever he decides to show up since he’s an honorary member. His own personal base so to speak.”

Rika blinked. It sounded to her more like a weirdo living in a closet than a god. “What, like a shrine?”

Benjiro shrugged. “I guess? I dunno if he ever saw it like that though, since he's been bugging me to make him a website one. He was kinda already there when I first joined and all new club members are introduced to him as part of the club initiation. Whenever we want to ask him something, we just knock. If he doesn’t answer, it means he’s not in. Course, we also have his phone number so we can just call him.”

“Can I have his number?”

“Sorry,”
Benjiro pushed up his glasses. “I can’t betray a Bro, even for you, Rika-san. As the current club president, I’m sure you understand why a member’s private information can’t easily be given out to non-members. If you want to contact Kami-sama X, you should just post on the school’s forum like everyone else. If he deems you worthy, he’ll respond. Only special people like us can see his messages, after all.”

Rika opened her mouth to respond when she noticed a small, black-haired girl pass the halls that she'd never seen before. Probably not a student given the lack of uniform. However, what caused Rika to stop was the black-winged female in traditional clothes that followed her. Definitely not normal. A costume? Rika wasn’t aware of any events going on though…and was she flying?

She pointed. “What’s that?”

“What’s what?”
Benjiro swiveled around.

“You don’t see her? A black-haired child and a girl with wings.”

Benjiro frowned, shaking his head. “If you think pretending to be special will make me bend on this, you’re mistaken, Murakami-san. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got a program to finish before lunch ends.”

The computer club president once more faced the screen in front of him, ignoring Rika’s presence entirely as he typed away doing…whatever he was doing. A clear indication that their conversation had ended. Rika sighed. It happened again. No one ever believed her when she told them of the things she saw. The world she knew. She’d gotten used to it of course, but it hurt her all the same and hardened the wall she’d built around herself.

If Benjiro couldn’t see the girl and the bird female, did that mean they were from the far shore? Why could he see Kami_X though? Did Kami_X really exist? Momo said he did and Rika didn’t think Momo would lie about something like that. He'd been around for at least 10 years according to her. Did gods show themselves to some, but not others? Rika’s head hurt.

“I’ll come back later.”

Leaving the clubroom, Rika ignored the tiny, frog-shaped phantom that hopped after her. She was used to it. Seeing phantoms everywhere she went. Hearing their voices. If it wasn’t for Ryotaro, she would’ve just continued to ignore them. There wasn’t anything she could do about them anyway—especially if they grew too big. Grandfather told her to keep away them in that case. To not mess with them until she got better at the Onmyōdō her ancestors practiced. To not interfere with the work of gods. But Rika didn’t want to look away anymore. Not from Uzume. Not from Tatsume. Not from Momo. Not from Ryotaro. Not from the Jellyfish. Not from Ryuujin. Not from Kami_X.

And not from a little girl and a winged female who were likely entities from the far shore.

Therefore, Rika followed them…as stealthily and as naturally as she could of course. If some people gave her strange looks, well, Rika paid them no mind. More important to her was making sure they didn’t bring harm to her classmates or the school. Ryotaro was doing everything the could to do so and prevent the Jellyfish from causing further harm--even going as far as to skip class. Rika couldn't do any less.

Karcen Karcen Dante Verren Dante Verren

Last edited:
Time: 12:22 pm​

Phantom( Pride)
Interaction: Azani( Karcen Karcen ) Rika Murakami ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Smug Kuro.jpg
"It is quite odd that we have yet to run into him or the other god that was here" Kuro-Kyogi commented as she stayed afloat above Azani's head. She caught the goddess looking up at herso Kuro gave her a quizzical look. What was it that was on the goddess mind? Was it just what Kuro-Kyogi's title should be on the website or was it something more? Anyway that was a rather important question, so important that she stopped moving forwards and instead kept beating her wings to remain stationary in the air. placing her finger against her chin she began to think how she should be labeled on the site. Partner wasn't a bad term, but partners were usually on equal standing. Although Kuro-Kyogi had a much higher opinion of Azani then any other god or goddess, she still didn't see her on equal footing. It wasn't because she didn't like Azani, but seeing the goddess as a equal indirectly meant that Kuro-Kyogi was not the perfect being she thought she was. Either that or it meant that Azani was a being as perfect as Kuro-Kyogi was. It was a very weird grey area that the Phantom had no desire to try and cross into, not yet anyways.

She absolutely refused to be labeled as an assistant or something else along those lines. A smirk crossed her face as she had an idea "For now let us leave that label a bit vague. Leave some mystery for your followers. After all it just needs to mention Azani, Goddess of Vengeance and redemption and Kuro-Kyogi, the beautiful and benevolent queen of pride." as she spoke her own title she struck an elegant pose. Finally she felt something odd... eyes on her. Normally that wouldn't bother her, but as she sniffed the air their was no other far shore resident near her other then Azani, in fact the only other one was in the school but not close enough to be looking at them. Did that mean a human was watching them? Narrowing her eyes she wipped around and scanned the hallways. She hadn't seen the source of the gaze yet, but she was onto what ever it was that was watching her. "Who ever or what ever is spying on us reveal yourselves this instant before I hunt you down myself".

Time: 12:22pm
d5evrei-c727b4c0-f618-40a0-a87c-c7dbcdf0ae0e.png

Schools were annoying, not only were there many student's but there were so many halls that seemed to lead no where, twists and turns. It would help if that lazy Kami_X would just come out already. If it were still the old days then the humans would be able to see her and direct. Well she could be visible if she wanted, but that would be a pain with everyone thinking she was some lost child. The old days were better humans all knew gods were real and believed in them, they understood with a look who she was and knew to fear her. Humans these days didn't know a god if they hit them in the face. Kuro's answer was fine enough, though she would think of Kuro as a partner an equal and suspected Kuro would one day accept it after all they had eternity. Azani had not even been aware of someone watching them, aside from an odd feeling, but that was normal and it was Kuro who once again proved very useful in a way a regalia never could. Though Azani had been thinking it over and had wondered if she should get a regalia as others gods might not like her little power play. If it was no phantom then it was a human with some spiritual powers, as rare as those were these days they were starting to make a come back though. So they likely had some human with spiritual sight watching them instead of bowing down, how very rude.

" Come out little human you really do not want anger the queen of hell with your spying" Azani said adding her own threat to Kuro's as she wanted to know what this human might know of that fool Kami_X

Dante Verren Dante Verren QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Last edited by a moderator:
Time: 8:00 a.m.
Ryotaro Hirai

...my fault.

...should I do...

Believe in...

..hurts...

Can't...anymore.

...strong enough...

You don't deserve...

Better off...anyway.

You really....Hirai.

Who is that...hate...

Always been...myself.

Die.

As he slowly opened his eyes, the distant voices left his mind. The morning sun chased away the chilling darkness. Pained cries and desperate pleas were replaced by the sound of birds singing outside the window. Still half-asleep, he reached for his head, trying to determine how many of those memories were his own. It took a few moments to sort through all the voices, thoughts, and emotions, but he was able to recall what belonged to him and what belonged to the others. Finished focusing on the past, he returned to the present, sitting up straight with a weak groan.

Scratching the back of his head, Ryo yawned as he looked out the window. Despite all the pain and exhaustion he felt last night, he still managed to wake up on time. Yesterday was rough, but he felt amazingly refreshed right now. After two days of sleeping at his desk, he finally got to experience waking up in a futon. He was tempted to take things slow and enjoy the morning, but he didn't have time to relax. Today's schedule was packed.

As he went about his morning routine, Ryo thought about what he experienced in his sleep. He wasn't too concerned, knowing it was just a result of using his ability so many times. His brain was still trying to flush out all the things that didn't belong there. In the process, he remembered some things from his own past. It was a rare occurrence, but nothing to worry about. He was feeling great right now.

It felt a little weird to wear casual clothes on a school day, but it was a nice change of pace. Even if the circumstances behind it weren't good, he got to enjoy a day without class. However, he still had to be prepared for the worst. After making sure his bag was packed, he reached for his bandage roll. With his sleeves rolled up, he wrapped the banged around his arm, careful not to ruin the drawn symbols as they covered the year-old scars that marred his skin. He no longer needed them, but they were useful for hiding past injuries. Eventually, he began using them as a tool in his work.

Grabbing his jacket from the rack by the front door, Ryo took one last look behind him. "Keep an eye on the place while I'm gone, Pops." Even if he lived alone, he always called out to the picture frame that sat on his desk. Even if it didn't do anything to make up for all the times he didn't say these things before, he'd say them now. "I'm off."

Time: 9:00 a.m.​

Later today, he'd be discussing a suicidal plan with a spirit who served a hot-tempered god of the sea. That was the kind of situation he'd gotten himself into, but it was nothing compared to what he was doing now. He calmly dealt with phantoms and other beings from the Far Shore, but walking into this house was always difficult for him. He lived here for a long time before moving into his father's office, but it never got any easier. Even so, he wouldn't let himself get distracted. He refused to let Towako catch him by surprise again, especially here. He was always listening and always watching, walking around like he had a second pair of eyes in the back of his head. Never again.

Ryo let out a sigh as he reached into his bag to grab a face mask. On paper, this was his home, but he felt like an intruder. It had been a month since his last visit, but it felt longer. It was like that every time, but all the things happening lately may have contributed. Before he even walked in, he was already thinking about when he'd leave. He wanted to limit his time spent here as much as possible. However, his uncle made a request. With no right to refuse, he'd have to endure.

Each knock made a horrible sound, but there was no answer. Left with no other choice, he decided to let himself in. With a quick turn of a key and a small push, Ryo entered the house. It was nostalgic, but it also felt like he was walking into another world. This ordinary home was a domain he invaded upon request. No matter what the owner said and felt, he could only see it as that. He set his shoes far away from the larger pair near the entrance and walked further inside, making sure his footsteps weren't too loud. "Morimura-san?" He called out several times as he walked down the hall, but there was no answer. Having gone through this several times, he knew the reason for the silence.

Eventually, he reached the kitchen. As he suspected, his uncle was asleep at the table, laptop still open in front of him. Aside from their looks, the two of them shared another resemblance. His uncle always worked late into the night, and he'd usually fall asleep as soon as he finished. He often had to remind him to sleep in his bed. Even after he moved out, things here stayed the same.

"Morimura-san." He called out a little louder this time, but his tone remained the same. It was a flat, tired-sounding voice that had become foreign to him over the last year. The same went for his facial expression, lacking the smile that was usually glued to his face. However, it was natural. He lived like that for many years. That's just the type of person he was. The same could be said for the person he lived as outside of this house. While one had been around a lot longer, they were both him.

As Ryo called out to his uncle, the man's eyes hesitantly opened. "Ryotaro?" Still groggy, he groaned a bit as he peeled his face off the kitchen table. After a few seconds, he seemed to realize what was happening, and his half-closed eyes widened. "Crap, I fell asleep!" The gruff voice sounded a little panicked as he looked to his laptop and checked to see if any of his hard work was lost. As soon as he knew everything was still there, he breathed a sigh of relief and turned around. "Sorry. There was a late meeting, and I fell asleep while working." He sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck as he apologized.

Ryo took a quick look around the kitchen, noticing the mess that had piled up. There were still unwashed dishes in the sink, and he could see a lot of dirt. It wasn't too bad, but it stood out to him. His uncle was a clean person, but all the busy nights left him with little time to tidy up as much as he should. His uncle also noticed the mess and was quick to apologize once again.

"Sorry. I meant to clean the house before you got here, but I didn't get the chance."

It was nothing to apologize for. His uncle may have cared about looking bad in front of him, but he didn't mind. He was more focused on the mess itself. As much as he didn't want to involve himself any further, he couldn't ignore this. So, despite his hesitation, he opened one of the cabinets and searched for a pair of gloves. "I'll do it."

"Ah, you don't have to! I didn't call you over here for that."

"It's fine." Despite his uncle's objections, Ryo continued looking through the cleaning supplies. This was nothing new. When he lived here, he was the one who took care of the housework. He took up that job so he'd be less of a burden on the person who took him in. All the time spent cleaning and cooking was good practice for living alone. "Have you been eating?"

"Just stuff from the convenience store."

"You need to eat a proper meal." He couldn't remember how many times they had this conversation.

His uncle rested his aching head on his hand, trying to cover up the shame. "I'm still getting lectured by a teenager..."

It was a tough conversation for his uncle, and the same went for Ryo, albeit for different reasons. He didn't want to be here, and he didn't want to have these conversations. Talking made him feel conflicted, but he couldn't help it. The contradictions never stopped.

While his uncle nursed his head and his pride as an adult, Ryo reached into his bag and withdrew two small envelopes. "Here." Gently throwing the envelopes on the table, he watched as the resulting thuds made the man look up. "I meant to deliver them before, but I was a little busy this week. Sorry."

On the first day of every month, he took all the money he earned and put it into two envelopes. The first was for the money used to pay for his business. The second was for his uncle. That was how he convinced him to become the owner of the office until he graduated high school. While he had plenty of other reasons, everything he did was for the sake of filing those two envelopes. Unfortunately, he was a little late this month.

Silence filled the room after he placed the money on the table. His uncle's expression changed into something more serious as he eyed the envelopes. It looked as if he wanted to say something, but he couldn't figure out how he wanted to say it. Instead, he just put the money to the side. "Thanks."

Nodding, Ryo went back to cleaning. He washed the dishes, scrubbed away dirt, and picked up the bits of trash left around the room. He didn't ask his uncle why he wanted him to come to the house today. He'd say something when he was ready to say it. He was hoping that he'd never be ready, allowing him to spend less time here. However, his uncle eventually found the words.

"I'm going back to the countryside for a while. There's going to be a wedding, so the whole family is visiting my grandmother's house to celebrate the engagement and plan things out. I'm not sure how long I'll be gone, so I wanted to ask if you could watch the house until I get back."

Many thoughts ran through Ryo's mind. Things were becoming more dangerous lately, so it would be good if his uncle left the city for a while. He wondered if the situation with Ryuujin and Towako would be resolved by the time he returned, and thought about how he'd have to make changes to his schedule. Apart from spiritual issues, he also thought about the wedding. For some reason, his uncle looked troubled. It was supposed to be a happy occasion, so he could only think of a few reasons. "Is Ryoko-san the one getting married?" Once again, there was silence. His uncle searched for the words, but he struggled to get them out. He didn't give a proper response, but that alone was enough of an answer for Ryo.

Wanting to change the atmosphere, Ryo decided not to ask any more questions. He didn't want to make his uncle feel uncomfortable. He'd say what he needed to say when he knew how to say it. "Don't worry. I can watch the house for you." It would be like a vacation for the exhausted man, but he knew he'd probably find a way to keep working during that time. "Will you still be home later today?"

While he still wore the same expression, his uncle managed to respond this time. "I'm not sure. I still have some work to finish. Why?"

"They may send a classmate to deliver any work I missed."

As soon as he said that, his uncle finally noticed his mask and looked at the clock. School already started. "Sorry, I didn't know you were sick. I wouldn't have made you come all the way here if I did. And you're even cleaning..."

Ryo waved off the apology as he threw away another empty beer can. "It's fine. It's nothing serious. I just got caught in the rain the other day, so I haven't been feeling well." It wasn't a complete lie, so it worked well as an excuse for both his uncle and the school.

Ryo didn't stay for very long once he finished cleaning. As soon as he put away the trash and cleaning supplies, he turned to his uncle and slightly bowed his head. "I should get back home so I can rest. I'll watch the house, so you don't have to worry. Please enjoy your trip." With that, he turned to leave.

"Ah, wait!" His uncle reached out to stop him, his tired voice filled with more energy than usual. He looked at Ryo with worried eyes and opened his mouth to say something, but the words were stuck in his throat. At the end of the day, he still couldn't say it. Not yet, at least. "Take care of yourself."

The uncharacteristically troubled man's words were well-intended, and his worry was genuine, but that's what made being here difficult. Ryo didn't like it when he said those things, but it wasn't as if he hated his uncle. The care shown toward him just reminded him of his motivation to stay away. He couldn't live in this place, and he couldn't get close to his uncle. He couldn't get that close to anyone. That was reality, and he only had himself to blame. "You too, Morimura-san."

Time: 12:00 p.m​

Uroko (Regalia)
uroko_sama__forever_a_wip__by_deathclaw25_d8ebdjr-fullview.jpg
Uroko arrived exactly as the clock struck noon. The park behind the hotel was a rather small one—mostly empty except for the old man that liked to doze out in the sun and one Ryotaro Hirai. “I apologize if I’ve kept you waiting.”

Ryuujin’s regalia took seat beside Ryotaro on the bench. “You don’t need to worry about your friend. I’ve told Ryuujin-sama about what you’ve told me last night and he should’ve gone to guard her himself while we talk a little.” Ryuujin had always been the sort of god who liked doing things himself—with his own two hands—rather leaving it to his servants. Whether it was cleaning the sea of phantoms or delivering the necessary punishments, he wasn’t one to shirk what he believed to be his responsibility as a king and god.

Things would’ve been so much simpler if he’d sent a regalia to deal with the one that used to be Towako rather than going to the near shore himself. Then again, his master probably knew his former regalia for far longer than Uroko had. That was probably also the reason it was that much harder to forgive. “What I’m about to tell is something my master would probably not approve of, but if you intend to help us find the phantom, then it’s something I feel you deserve to know.”

Arm thrown behind the back of the bench, Uroko looked to the sky as he contemplated how to begin his story. “I was just an ordinary sea bream before I died and became chosen by Ryuujin-sama. Not sure how it happened. Eaten by another fish? A human? That’s how my kind usually go out, but who can say? I was told it was better I didn’t know and, honestly, I don’t really care. That sort of thing doesn't really matter to me. Dead is dead. No point looking into the past that would only make me depressed. " Uroko looked to his limbs. "The next thing I knew I had arms and legs, like a man, and was introduced to the Ryugu-jo Castle where I first met Towako.”

Uroko didn’t know how much Ryotaro Hirai knew about their world, but it seemed prudent to start from the beginning.

“Towako was a kind spirit. He was older than I was, served in the Dragon King's Castle for far longer, and more experienced in the ways of the regalia than I could ever hoped to be. Many other spirits in the castle looked up to him and, because he was the head of the Ko family, I came under his care. He showed me what it means to be regalia for the god of the sea. How to be Ryuujin-sama’s weapon and quell the dragon's temper when needed. A part of me even admired him.” Another part of Uroko thought Towako tried too hard to be ‘proper’ in front of their lord, but, then again, most spirits in the castle were more diligent than Uroko who often tried to escape working too hard—especially in his younger years. Fortunately, his name had only ever been called during dinner back then. As grand a title as ‘Blessed Regalia’ was, Uroko missed those days. “ We worked together for many years to serve Ryuujin-sama and keep the sea clean of phantoms. He'd always been the model regalia who everyone could count on to have their backs in that regard. No one could harm Ryuujin-sama so long as we protected him. So long as Towako-san, the tide jewel, protected him. However, one day, ten years ago, Lord Ryuujin was blighted. Towako had fallen to lust—a black haired phantom wearing the guise of a human--but no one knew it at the time.” Love for a spirit was fine so long as one didn’t feel guilty about it. Since the king of sea taught him that such feeling were only natural, and often indulged in worldly pleasures himself, Uroko was surprised Towako blighted Ryuujin with his actions. Then again, the thought of Towako falling in love was strange enough. Sea creatures like them didn’t often feel strongly about things—reproduction simply a means of survival--but it was a phantom Towako tried to reproduce with so...Uroko sighed. “Given the sheer number of treasures Ryuujin has in his possession, you can imagine how difficult it is to pinpoint the cause of the illness to a single source. The palace was in an uproar trying to find the culprit who blighted our king.”

Uroko counted the clouds. “Yet, despite our efforts, Towako was good at hiding it and his affair with a phantom never found out until it was too late. Lord Ryuujin had also been distracted by the number of growing vents that opened on the sea floor at that time when faith in the gods drastically waned. Humans, possessed by phantoms, polluted the waters and gave our king lots of work to do. The god of the sea isn't such a weakling that a little pain here and there could stop him from performing his duties. Stuff like that hardly even phases a war god of his standing. Now that I think about it again, it all seems a little too perfectly planned.” Uroko closed his eyes. “No one saw it coming when Towako, of all regalias, crossed the line and handed his phantom lover the keys to palace. That was when the desecration of the sea began.”

The attack on Ryugu-jo Castle was one of the major battles of the war.

A pained look crossed Uroko’s face as he recalled the events 10 years ago. “Many of my companions died that day—eaten by phantoms or broken in the ensuing fight. Corruption, stronger than anything we’ve ever faced before, spread like the plague and a good number of regalias became tainted. Lord Ryuujin did what he had to do. He released the tainted regalia and killed them before they could fully turn into phantoms and further spread the affliction.”

Not even a powerful god like Ryuujin could handle the pain of having so many of his regalias become corrupted. His king also couldn’t let the corruption escape the palace and spread to the rest of the sea which he was god of either. All of the regalias of Ryugu-jo knew the rules of the palace. “Eventually Heaven’s Army came to our assistance and the battle was brought to an end. Towako was caught and Milord Ryuujin, in a fit of rage, released Towako's name. Normally the ‘resound’ spell would’ve been used to on the accused regalia to force out the complete truth in a fair trial, but only the exemplar of Ryugu-jo possessed the keys to the palace. Only Towako could’ve given the keys to Nikushimi...and there was only one way the Dragon God of the Sea dealt with traitors. A former exemplar was no exception. Not even other gods could object to Ryuujin's judgement in his own castle. However, before the being that was once Towako could receive his punishment, he escaped with the help of his lover. The rest is as you see now. Towako likely wandered namelessly for 10 years and regressed into the Jellyfish phantom that possessed your friend.”

Uroko shrugged. “Or perhaps he was eaten by another phantom and became one with it. A nameless spirit is helpless against the influences of phantoms, after all. I’m surprised he didn’t go to another god for protection, but I guess being known as the exemplar that fell to sin is a pretty hard label to remove. Not many gods are willing to take in or save a spirit that Lord Ryuujin wants to punish.”

Uroko sighed, scratching the back of his head. If it were up to him, he would just let the phantom go for old times sakes. It was too troublesome to deal with and it wasn’t like becoming a lowly phantom wasn’t punishment enough. However, the divine trident wasn’t about to go against his master either. His lord liked to be thorough. Besides, salvation came in many forms.

In the god’s eyes, he was likely freeing his former exemplar from the hate that currently engulfed it, thus saving the soul—or whatever remains of it—from further debasement in the only way a god could. The Towako that Uroko once knew wouldn’t want to bring harm to mortals, let alone target human children. Even if the phantom evolved. Even if it took on Towako’s voice and memories, Uroko couldn’t call it Towako.

Or, perhaps, he simply didn’t want to.

Towako was the name of a sacred treasure of the sea—one who Uroko considered to be both a teacher and comrade-in-arms. Uroko wanted to keep those memories. To keep the name Towako sacred. Ryuujin’s blessed regalia glanced towards the boy he sat beside. “That's the story of Towako. If you still intend to lure the jellyfish phantom out for us, I figure you should know what you are getting yourself into, Child of Man. This isn't just a simple matter of a phantom evolving." Though Uroko had to admit, it was the first time he'd seen it happen in person. "It involves a crime committed against the Heavens 10 years ago.”

And a criminal who had a huge wanted poster up there.

Ryuujin likely didn’t want the kids to know because having a former exemplar go rogue was a huge embarrassment as a king, proof of his own failure to maintain his castle, but also because it involved cleaning up the remnants of a war that the Heavens would rather pretend never existed.

Lucem Lucem

Time: 12: 25pm​

Rika Murakami (Human)
250px-SCSakuya.png
Eyes averted from directly looking at the two, Rika stiffened as she was addressed. Queen of Hell? What, like Izanami? That sort of title sounded like it belonged to demons—or something a chuunibyou would say. According to Christians, King of ‘Hell’ was Satan, right? Or was he a prince? A devil? Rika sighed. She was getting all of her mythologies mixed up. Given what she knew and could see gods, spirits, and phantoms the possibility that ‘Hell’ actually existed could very well be real.

Fact and fiction was hard to differentiate…especially since the Shinto version of ‘Hell’ was a tourist site. Its entrance sealed by a massive boulder in the Izumo Province if Rika remembered the stories correctly. Then again, Ryo was the lore expert and, if his words were to be believed, confirmed the existence of the undersea Dragon Palace as well.

All things from the Far Shore.

From what her grandfather told her, something like ‘Hell’ or ‘Yomi’ would be part of the Far Shore as well. A fiery pit of torture? A place where evil people are condemned to eternal suffering? Why a being from the far shore would pay a visit to her school was a mystery to her—especially if she were a ‘queen’. Didn’t they have more important things to deal with? Servants to tend to? A castle to run or something? Ryuujin had an excuse, since Ryotaro struck a deal with him, and he seemed set on finding a servant whose bones he crushed or something…

Was the winged girl a servant as well? Were they also searching for something?

There was too much Rika didn’t know and her curiosity nagged at her. At the same time, she was aware—based on how they spoke—that they were dangerous as well. ‘Hunt her down’ it had said. What if they harmed other humans in their pursuit? Her classmates? Momo? Rika had seen enough phantoms to take the take the threat seriously.

She closed her locker, taking a bento box with her. Food was the last thing on her mind at the moment, but it provided excellent cover. “I wouldn’t be spying if you were normal visitors to Shirotome High.”

Several eyes turned in her direction at the strange comment. The halls were a bit too crowded to for their conversation, given none of the students were in their classes at the moment, so Rika walked past the two visitors from the far shore. “Come with me.”

She led them to the gymnasium which she knew tended to be empty until lunch ended. A spacious area with baskets hanging on either side and polished, vinyl flooring. More importantly, there was also a fire-escape if shit ended up hitting the fan and she made the 'Queen of Hell' angry somehow. Rika had never been particularly good at holding her tongue. Facing the two far shore residents, Rika questioned bluntly. “Who are you people and what are you doing here?”

Last edited:
d802ac684e32c1ea05e5b199247a2c7a.png

~Regalia~
Forest Outskirts// Date: 01/04/2030 // Mentions: Inemaru @Life.

656088.jpg

Once more, the denizens of the forest began to flee in panic, their survival instincts in overdrive as they reacted to the pained howl of the phantom, its gargled cry echoing through the hallowed woods. Like a banshee wailing in the dead of night, the sound of the phantoms cry had sent chills down the spines of the common wildlife, so much so that they would willingly abandon the safety of their dwellings. Birds, squirrel, strays and whatever else called the sanctuary of the woods their home had now began to abandon their homes, these spiritually attuned creatures fleeing in every direction that was not towards the source of the blood curdling cry of anguish.

Safety was anywhere but here for them.

Continuing the fight as he attempted to buy Yukimaru time, Shiro had sent the torn appendage flying away from himself, the bubbling black arm of the phantom crashing into several tree's before rolling to a stop; an oily like substance beginning to ooze out of the several large holes left behind from Shiro's canines. With one of the creatures arms torn off, Shiro had wasted no time in trying to further his advantage in the fight, seeing it as an opportunity to save Yukimaru some trouble later on, after all if the creature was completely immobilized it would be even easier for the God of Justice to exorcist him. Caught up in the adrenaline of combat and the euphoria of appearing to overpower the phantom, Shiro in his flurry of clawed strikes and predatory bites had not noticed the pool of black ooze that was also dripping from the phantoms body from where its arms had been ripped off and it was only now that he had noticed the darkened earth that the real problem had began to appear.

All around Shiro the smell of raw sewage and rotten garbage could be smelt wafting amidst the air, the aroma of death emanating from the patches of black ooze that had now covered the majority of the immediate space around the combating creatures. This alas was a problem for the divine beast, with his heightened sense of smell it was inevitable that this aroma of sheer filth would cause him to hesitate in his tracks; the large fox like creature shaking his head in annoyance as the smell hit him like a semi-truck. Eyes watering from the stench, Shiro had been momentarily stunned as he dealt with the assault to his senses. Unfortunately for Shiro, this turn of events was enough to allow the phantom to attempt an attack, the mangled creature charging at Shiro as he stood helpless; its large frame crashing into the snow white side of Shiro and sending the fox flying backwards into several tree's, the sound of large tree trunks snapping loud enough that people living on the outskirts of the forest would begin to grow suspicious of what exactly was going on.

Meanwhile, slumped to his side and temporarily rattled by the attack, Shiro laying upon a pile of uprooted tree's could only watch as the large silhouette of the phantom began to appear through the dust cloud.

.​

Time: 12:28 pm​

Phantom (Pride)
interactions: Azani( Karcen Karcen ) Rika ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Smug Kuro.jpg

Finally the little snoop revealed herself. It was in fact a human, a high school girl at that. Although Kuro-Kyogi didn't apricate the girls tone she would at least acknowledge her will. Speaking up to invisible creatures especially when one of them introduces themselves as a queen of hell took an iron will. Either that or she was just dumb, maybe a bit proud of her abilities as well. Hopefully it was pride that was driving her. Regardless of what it was, the girl grabbed her lunch and headed off down the hallway all the while ignoring the people around her. More curious now then anything, the phantom flapped her wings and flew forwards to follow behind the girl. This was going to be interesting.

It turned out that the girl was leading them to a gym, a large space with no one around, and several ways to get out if needed. This girl was smart. Unfortunately she wasn't polite, a fact which rather annoyed Kuro-Kyogi. "How rude, does no one understand the basics of mannerisms these days." she said with a scoff. "If you wish to know who someone is introduce yourself first, that is common sense when meeting people of your own station let alone people far above you." Sighing lightly she turned her head away from the girl and to look at Azani, more curious then ever to see how her companion would act to a human who wasn't her follower.

Time: 12:29pm
f26977296a826349a296c5891b401f655c9b74f9.jpg

Humans they never changed, they never listened when their better spoke. Still were gods really their betters, after all were gods not the wishes of humans? Well it mattered not who made what humans long ago gave up being the master when they started to beg at the feet of their own creations. The girl here was one of those annoying kind that was either ignorant or perhaps the bravest of fools. Always did they think they could get away without giving proper honors, but Azani had used her new title, not the one everyone knew her by. Such stupidity could be forgiven if proper tribute was given after such mistakes were rectified. Kuro seemed just as annoyed as Azani herself by how this girl talked to them, even the former none believer had been more respectful from the very start than this child, really manners were lacking in this day and age, the influence of the west was ever more corruptive it seemed.

" I can only assume your stupidity is because i used my new title, such stupidity can be forgiven I am after all just started to spread word" Azani sighed clearly not pleased by this but playing nice for now as she expected her name to shock the girl. " Still you should be careful how you speak to god child" She continued putting emphasis on the word child " Or else you will end up like Suda Kiyomi dead by my hand and condemned to an eternity of fiery torture" Azani said with a smirk her eyes looking more like a snakes by the moment and the human was to her a mouse " Now I hope you can show proper respect to Azani the goddess of vengeance and grudges and my partner Kuro-Kyogi " Azani said not adding a title to Kuro as queen of pride just seemed weird and the great phantom might be a bit insulting , well Azani was using her old title so Kuro could go by her own " So child if I were you I would start apologizing" she finished leaving a threat about what she would do if not given respect unsaid. Azani likely would just give the girl a preview of hell in truth as she didn't send people there without a deal.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Dante Verren Dante Verren

Time: 12: 30pm​

Rika Murakami (Human)
250px-SCSakuya.png

The black-winged bird girl in traditional clothes spoke first. While the tone and last part a little irritating, the far shore resident spoke with a degree of sense. Treat others the way you’d want to be treated. Station and status had nothing to do with it—though Japan had always been founded on a culture of respect and Rika wasn’t completely out of touch with society that she forgot basic manners. The winged-girl was only asking for courtesy. Therefore, Rika responded. “My name is Rika Murakami.”

The ‘goddess of grudges and vengeance’s’ response, on the other hand, heckled her. She didn’t think she’d meet a god more infuriating than Ruujin. “Apologize?”

Rika had never even heard of a goddess that called herself Azani—granted Japan had some 8 million of them them—yet Azani demanded respect by lieu of being a ‘goddess’. She wasn’t her Grandfather who respected gods simply for being gods. It was funny. Within a few days, Rika came across more gods than she had in her life…and she’d been nothing but disappointed.

However, that wasn’t what caused Rika to still.

It was the casual way Azani spoke of her math teacher’s death—like the casual way Ryuujin said he didn’t care if Ryotaro died—but worst. Rika was reminded of Towako. She had no doubt that Azani was speaking the truth. The snake haired goddess would kill her if crossed and not even bat an eyelash. Rika could hear her heart racing.

Once more she found herself facing potential death with someone who wouldn’t hesitate to kill her when it came down to it. She promised Ryotaro she’d flip Ryuujin if the god smote him. Were they just empty words? Rika hated liars. She knew she could never look herself in the mirror again if she backed down now.

“For what?” Rika asked coldly. “For asking a question? You want me to respect someone who claims to have killed my teacher and threatens to do the same to me?”

Rika didn’t trust Azani so she would find out for herself if it was true or not. And if it was, if Azani really did kill Ms. Kiyomi and condemn the teacher to an eternity of suffering, then the goddess was a no different from a murderer. One cruel enough to enjoy torture. Rika would not respect such a goddess. She had no intention of worshipping Evil.

“You’ve done nothing but threaten me since you’ve started speaking. Respect through fear? What are you, a fascist? AFAH might be made of anti-religious sick-o-paths, but if that’s how gods operate then I can understand their stance to a degree.”

Ms Kiyomi might’ve been a hard teacher that Rika never especially liked—math being her worst subject— but not even Rika would wish an eternity of torture on the woman. Rika visited shrines on semi-daily basis, but she’d never been especially religious in the same way her father thought her to me. She did it because she needed protection against the phantoms that haunted her.

Rika didn’t need Azani in her life.

“Gods like you are m—,” The girl was stopped from finishing her sentence when another presence entered her. Brown orbs turned golden and the dark expression she wore on her face vanished. Instead of completing her thoughts, ‘Rika’ bent over and laughed loudly. “Hahaha, first provokes a jellyfish phantom and now a calamity goddess with a tengu? Why am I not surprised? Humans like her really are magnet for trouble—just like that detective.”

The tone didn’t sound annoyed by that fact. If anything it sounded pleased.

Ryuujin had expected to be entirely bored when Uroko convinced him to go guard Rika Murakami at her school instead of Ryotaro Hirai. To keep out of sight in case the phantom that took the form of his old regalia really did show up. However, classes were a drag so Ryuujin spent most of his time in the school cafeteria—until Azani and Kuro-Kyogi showed up.

Straightening, Rika/Ryuujin walked over to where a puppy-sized frog phantom hid under one of the benches and stomped on it, causing it to dissipate into black mist. It had grown significantly larger since following the girl. Rika hadn’t even been aware her negativity was being latched on and expounded—too busy focusing on the bigger ‘threat’ to her school. Fears. Worries. Anger. Hate. Humans rarely realized they were the cause of their own problems. Ryuujin didn’t like phantoms, but even he wasn’t stupid enough to blame them for everything.

The problem lay within.

A human that thought they could tell a god what to do? Ryuujin hadn’t been happy with some of the things Rika said either, but bravery impressed him. Better than some of the cowards up in Heaven that only gossiped about his temper behind his back. Arms folded, Rika/Ryuujin cocked his head. “Azani, so-called Dark Twin of the Queen, yes? This is the first time we’ve met as far as I’m aware.”

Ryuujin couldn’t be sure if any of his incarnations had met her before. His older regalias were usually there to tell him if that were the case. However, he did know the rumors of the Queen of the Heavens having a shameful twin…nothing like the relationship between Fuujin and Raijin. Not that families weren’t just some things gods came up with themselves to keep from being lonely. According to some records, the primordial gods created him when they created the world, even before the Queen of the Heavens was born, but Ryuujin had never considered them his parents. Just as he’d never really considered Queen Amaterasu his younger sister…though he did consider Otohime his daughter.

It just depended on the level of closeness. The sea had closer ties with the moon than the sun.

“Seems the rumors about you aren’t too far off.” Rika/Ryuujin glanced towards Kuro-Kyogi disdainfully. “You really do consort with phantoms. Bullying a mere human in the near shore as well?” The god in a human body shook his head. "Even if she can't seem to mind her tongue, can you sink any lower?"

Ryuujin may not be good at keeping his temper in check, but even he didn't coerce his followers or demand respect from those not his servants.

Personal opinion aside, Ryuujn didn’t really care what she did. He wasn't a stickler for the rules like some prudes in Heaven and a goddess that didn’t have a shrine, or a regalia, wasn't much of a threat. No different from the god that lived in this school. She may have more experience, but her voice was as empty in the Heavens as the Dread Izanami—“mother” of the second generation gods. A far cry from her twin, whose banner covered all those under the sun. Amaterasu had an army. Azani had…a phantom.

Then again, the idea that gods were helpless without their regalias only applied to some gods. Ryuujin was a war god. He was experienced in fighting phantoms and even other gods as needed, answering the call of Heaven (sometimes). Even without a regalia, even in the body of a human, that didn’t change. Besides, the girl did have a degree of spiritual power he could utilize. It was the first time Ryuujin performed a divine possession on anyone other than his priests, but he could probably more easily protect her if he had control of her body.

Stupidly stubborn people like her probably wouldn’t listen to a thing he said.

“Whatever.” Rika/Ryuujin shrugged. Being irritated all the time was beginning to tire the dragon god out. He’d been enjoying the Takoyaki balls in the cafeteria too. “I don't
usually intervene in another’s fight, but, regardless of whether she has a death wish or not, I can’t let Rika Murakami die until I find my target. So.”

Rika/Ryuujin cracked her/his knuckles, golden eyes looking a little too eager despite herself/himself. His regalias were his greatest weapons, but, in many ways they held him back as well. “Let’s get this over with. Words are cheap, Azani. If you intend to take something from Ryuujin, God of the Sea and King of Ryugu-jo, then show me what you can do. I'll even give you a handicap in this body."

If the body broke down then it was his loss, but Ryuujin didn't feel especially guilty since the girl would've likely died without him there anyway. Provoking gods, and those beyond her league, came with their own consequences . Ultimately, this was her fight. Her courage in the face of a powerful enemy did impress him though so he'd give her a chance to experience what a god can do.

Last edited:
Time: 12:32pm
sample_e2649a51a2593d1b8e08369037e4fde23ba0c74f.jpg

Azani had only been slightly annoyed by the humans girl, a few empty threats and a sorry from the humans and things could have been smoothed over in her book. The girl had been stupid it seemed and didn't understand there were rules to everything and Azani didn't kill without a deal being made. Still She was playing the monster and she hadn't even gotten to start a hopeful revolution here in this little school. Azani did plan to become redemption. With the arrival of Ryuujin Azani was furious , but she held it back, yet the cold anger was easily felt as she was insulted for the company she kept and the way she treated humans. She was not bullying her either humans like this girl needed to know that you should show some respect.

" Who I consort with is none of the business of heaven, nor is how I treat humans when they are stupid" Azani said angrily she hated the gods of heaven, she hated that they could not see beyond right now, if Ryuujin could see beyond the rumors " Really you would think that someone that could interact with us would know how to act around them and what each does" Azani said with a sigh as she revealed in a way one reason she had been bullying the human, but not wanting to explain she had been about to offer salvation. Azani was just to good at playing the villain.

" think on this Ryuujin when have I ever killed a human without cause?" Azani asked but she didn't let him answer " The answer is never, if I am not asked I do not kill, unlike so many of you gods of heaven I only kill when asked and no one has asked for this girl's life" Azani explained revealing her words had been empty threats to scare the girl some " But that isn't the same with all the gods so she should know to at least show a token amount of respect" She continued again showing that even her demands for respect were not real, just helping while looking bad.

It was annoying to reveal all this to show her weakness just because some other god had shown up, it was humiliating to show that things were not as they appeared that the dark child of Yomi night not be so evil. Azani had taken in all the darkness the gods could throw at her. Besides what was wrong with what she did, other gods killed people just because she made them suffer was that any worse, at least she stopped them from becoming phantoms. Azani had even long ago change the deal to make it more fair to make people think it over, so how was she to blame for what the gods did. Still the idea that consorting with Kuro was bad was just narrow minded.

" So you can stop stealing the body of the human already I will not harm her nor will my companion, so there will be no fight as I don't really want her or care about her, I came here to call upon a debt owed to me, but the debtor seems to be gone" Azani said as if Kami_X had not come out now then he was not home " Oh and you should not discount the greater phantoms, they are more than their lesser kin oh so much more."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Dante Verren Dante Verren

Time: 12:35 pm​

Phantom (Pride)

Interactions: Azani( Karcen Karcen ) Rika/Ryujin( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Work Kuro.jpg

Kuro-Kyogi watched the ongoing conversation at first with interest then with scorn. Sure Rika's abrupt introduction was a bit rude but she corrected herself when she was called out on her rudeness, thus she wouldn't push the issue. Azani on the other hand... well she was falling back into her old habits. Not only did she lay into Rika for her lack of respect but she also threatened her, citing that she even killed Rika's teacher. Not really the best idea to threaten the rare human that can normally see and interact with you if you are trying to do an image change. Though what was most impressive was the sheer backbone Rika had. She was either the dumbest creature in existence or the bravest... and frankly Kuro-Kyogi wasn't to sure if which. She was almost willing to talk down Azani herself, that was until the change happened.

The smell of a god other then the dark child filled the air. The humans girl demeanor suddenly shifted and spoke as if she was entirely a different person... no not just a different person but a different being. True to that she had been possesed by the god from the previous day. The revolting war god Ryujin. Now in a human body without his slaves the gods referred to as regalia's this miscreant had the nerve to stand there in insult not only Azani but Kuro-Kyogi as well. This is where her observation turned from interest and into scorn. How dare this waterlogged coward posses a poor girls body to fight his battles. Truly the actions of a loser.

While Azani began her process of deescalating the situation Kuro-Kyogi scoffed at the fool. "Do not try and make peace with an imbecile like this. Someone with such little intelligence could not comprehend something as complex as our relationship or our grand plans." As she spoke a smirk crossed her face as she purposefully antagonized the god. Despite her verbal strikes she made sure to make no hostile movements. She kept her body relaxed and composed. If this god wanted a fight she would not back down unless she had to, but they had not come here to fight so she would not be the one to throw the first swing.

Date: April 3rd, 2020
Time: 2:45 pm
Sakda (?) & Herald of the Flock (Phantom)
Mentions: Susanoo VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

The sounds of pedestrians surrounded the man as he stood leaning up against the post of the wooden bridge crossing. Their voices circled around him, and he waved his hand dismissively in front of him, narrowing his eyes at them as they passed by. He reached beneath the loose fit satin black cloth that was draped overtop him in tatters, and his hand glided overtop a ritualistic piece that rested atop his belt. He circled his fingers around the handle, they aggravated him, the wait aggravated him, didn't that bastard realize he was busy? Bad enough he was called to a place like this, but more so, there was a god at his very mercy of dream-weaving, and it was a delicate process. What was the poor bastards name again, Su... Susak? Susafu? It was certainly Suso - - something, it was a kind of hero or something. It didn't matter, he did his job, and that's what was important.

These groups of cheery eyed friends chatting without a care, and having a good ol' time were a bit much too. He snarled as one got slightly too close to him, and the individual flinched back from him out of sheer surprise. As the group walked away, they looked back at him talking amongst themselves with a look of worry in their eyes. He could hear them talking about him as they walked away, they should count their blessings it wasn't another time.

Commission CarrionBlossom Cutdown (Face).pngThough, soon enough, his eyes abruptly shifted to the other side of the bridge where a large gathering of birds of all shapes and sizes had suddenly rested on the railings of the small bridge. They covered the railings from the midway to the end on the other side from himself, and each of them stared at him with their completely vacant eyes. It was an eerie sensation, and even the pedestrians near by were suddenly unwilling to step towards the sides of the bridge as unease seemingly settled over them for no apparent reason. He rose his hand up, "Wha'cha boney ass want! Ain't got all day! Dreamers to keep busy." He rested his hand on the post beside him grasping the red fabric that was flowing in the cool breeze that passed by. He gripped it tightly, and whipped his headpiece down from atop the post and rested it on his shoulder with a sneer growing across his face, "Out with it!"

Without a single word, the gathering flock began to flap their wings relentlessly in unison, and all at once released a shriek outwards in varying pitches. Their bone rattling cries drove the people nearby into a startle as it erupted from nothingness, and threw many into a panic. He rubbed at his temple as the people began to scatter, and he thrust his foot outwards catching someone by surprise sending them stumbling to the ground. A woman who was with the victim screamed out, "Tenmon-San!" She came back immediately to help Tenmon to their feet, but a flash of steel caught her across the hand. She yelped, then it was followed by a scream of agony, and without another glance she fled outwards crying out for someone to help her.

The ritualistic piece found its way back to its home, and he pressed his foot down upon Tenmon's neck. He knelt down towards Tenmon's face with a wicked grin, "Ah, Good you have a name. Names are cherished, aren't they... Tenmon-san~~!" He mimicked the woman's voice, and then retched at the sheer concept, "What a farce." He shot an annoyed glance over to the flock, "Oy', you feathered freaks, enough!" He snapped his fingers several times in the general direction of them, and they simply continued, their vacant stares never ending. It continued until everyone in the area had left, and all that was left was the flock, the man, and Tenmon.

Then, it stopped, a complete and abrupt silence. Each of the bird's shapes began to melt, and a black ooze coated the railings in their entirety as they began to seep downwards. As their melted remains engulfed the bridge, their liquid mass began to coagulate together, and a disheveled figure erupted simultaneously from the source. Its decrepit body lunged forward, and a large boney bird skull took shape atop the seemingly bare battered body. However, something shifted from beneath its skin, and several bones burst outwards followed by a series of feathers that spread out from them. Then, a putrid black liquid dripped from the feathers over the figure's body, several pinpoint eyes could be seen across the mass of liquid before it solidified into a kind of shroud draped over the figure's body. Though, it never really stood still, the shroud seemingly quivered with movement as the feathers of it twitched over and over.

CarrionBlossom Commission Herald (face).pngThe man continued to rub at his temple, his breath coming out in a solid hiss, "Always the creeps, I swear." He looked down at Tenmon who squirmed beneath his foot, and in one swift motion, he kicked Tenmon towards the Herald. "Yours."

As the victim rolled across the ground in a heap, he crashed against the Herald's writhing cloak, and as Tenmon looked up he met many pinpoint eyes staring at him. Tenmon went pale, breaking out into a cold sweat, and pushed himself to his feet screaming endlessly as he stumbled in an attmept to flee. Then, he stood still, no movement, not even a single twitch. From beneath the quivering cloak, a crooked limb had phased through Tenmon's head, and ceased control of the body. Tenmon went ridged, his body tensed and suddenly all its movements were very robotic in motion, and he turned to the man. "...Thank." Tenmon's body twitched in movement against the Herald's control, "- -It fights." A few twists of the Herald's limb, and suddenly the involuntary movement ceased, "Fix." The now completely robotic Tenmon turned to the man, "Greetings Daishin, we shall talk now."

The man barked out a laugh of annoyance, "Don't you dare, hollow brained nitwit." He spit down on the ground in front of the Herald in dismissal, "Don't say it. Sakda, remember it... Sakda, now talk!"

Last edited:
Time: 12:00 p.m​

Ryotaro Hirai
Ryo listened to Uroko's story in silence, taking in every last detail. Putting it together with everything he learned yesterday, he felt like he understood the situation a lot better. However, there were still some pieces missing. Unfortunately for him, those pieces were the most important, and Uroko wouldn't be able to help him with that. Towako was the only person capable of that.

Reaching into his bag, Ryo pulled out a thermos and a small cup. After filling the cup with warm tea, Ryo handed it to Uroko. Drinking straight from the thermos, he looked to the surrounding trees. Nobody else was at the park, so he didn't have to worry about talking to someone other people couldn't see. "Thank you for telling me, Uroko. That was very helpful." His gratitude was genuine, but he didn't show much of a reaction. He just calmly drank his tea, thinking of everything he'd learned as he watched the trees shake in the breeze.

"I wasn't there when he appeared, but Rika told me everything. He treated death as a form of salvation, saying it freed people from their pain. That may be true for some people, and maybe for him as well, but most humans probably don't see it that way, especially if it happens like that. We're different beings, so it's not strange for us to have different perspectives. It's not easy for phantoms and humans to see things the same way. That's why it's easy for us to misunderstand each other. He thought I was trying to kill him, but I wanted to save him. I can understand why he wouldn't think so, considering how things ended, but that's the truth. Despite our best intentions, things don't always go the way we want. Because of that, we aren't able to convey the things we want to. The cultural barrier between humans and phantoms is pretty rough." That was to be expected. Considering the relationship between the two, it wasn't normal to expect understanding.

"Still, it's not like we have nothing in common. Like us, he feels anger, jealousy, lust, and grief. I felt his emotions, so I know they're real. I know all about his love for Ryuujin, his resentment over your bond with him, and how much he feared being cast aside. Because I felt all of it, I find it hard to believe he'd willingly betray the master he served since childhood. He may have let envy lead to betrayal, but it's also possible that he could have been blinded by lust after feeling neglected. Considering the legend of the jellyfish, that latter wouldn't be very surprising. Instead of being tricked by a monkey, he could have been tricked by a woman, never intending to harm the master he cared for. It may just be wishful thinking on my part, but I do have reason to believe that. Even when he was a jellyfish, he still cried. Even when it was tainted, his soul screamed that it wasn't his fault. From regalia, to phantom, to whatever he is now, that was the strongest feeling he held on to."

According to Uroko's story, Ryuujin never demanded an explanation for Towako's actions. He was quick to deal with the regalia that destroyed his palace and harmed his servants. Because of that, there was no confession. There was no denying that he was involved, so the sea god didn't bother to hear him out. Without proof, he was punished. He couldn't say Ryuujin was wrong for doing what he did. However, he couldn't deny what Towako felt. No matter what form he took, he'd always proclaim his innocence, and being unheard led to the hatred that consumed him. Only Towako knew the truth. However, his other emotions were just as real as his feelings of innocence. Even if he didn't play an active role, his feelings of lust and grief were still a factor. If nothing else, Heaven could judge him for that. That was something Ryo couldn't do.

"As a human, I can't judge him for letting emotions lead him astray. It was unfortunate how things ended, and it's natural for the guilty to be punished, but it wouldn't be right for me to think badly of him for the emotions alone. Humans do the same thing. We let our emotions lead us down bad paths, even if we don't want the results that wait for us at the end. Some of us may not even be aware of what lies at the end of those paths, so we can only regret when it's all over. That's our nature. If there's a chance that the tragedy from ten years ago wasn't something he wished for, then he's no different from us. It may be wrong to force human ideals on a god, but I think Ryuujin should've waited to hear the truth from his own mouth. I don't know what that truth is, but I heard his cries and felt his hatred. Even if it changes nothing and he really did intend to cause harm, I'd like to give him the chance that Ryuujin didn't. After all, it's a detective's job to find out the truth."

Ryo still wanted to do something about Towako's negativity. If his transformation and all the hatred that came with it stemmed from the feeling that he was innocent, then he wanted to give the spirit the opportunity to let it all out. However, it didn't matter what he wanted. It wasn't just about him and his desire to make things right. "I mean it when I say I want to give him a chance. If I was the only person he threatened, I'd be fine with talking things out like I wanted to. However, it's not just my life that's in danger. This is about all the lives in this town. It's not right to put people in danger so I can try to help someone that might not even need saving." There was a time to stick to your guns, and there was a time to give up. When the stakes were this high, a decision had to be made.

"I want to settle this without anyone getting hurt. I'd like him to be included in that. However, if you don't think it's possible to save him and the people he's likely to hurt, then I'll choose the one that's more important. Even if I have my own feelings on the matter, that's not as important. I'll get rid of those emotions. I'm pretty good at doing that."

Looking away from the trees, Ryo turned to the silver-haired spirit. "I want you to decide, Uroko. Whether you want me to keep searching normally or act as bait, I'll do it. Whether you think we can talk things out with him or not, I'll believe in your judgement. Ryuujin's emotional connection may not let him make a rational decision. I'm still ignorant about a lot of things, so I might make the wrong call. You're level-headed and seem to be more neutral about this, so I want you to decide. Those are my reasons, but it might just be all the time I spent as Ryuujin that's making me want to trust you." A smile accompanied his words, the detective still finding a way to work in some of his usual humor. "I'll go with whatever you think is best. As someone who helped create this situation, I don't have the right to refuse."

Cupping his chin, Ryo tilted his head to the side, pretending to look troubled as he thought about what Uroko might decide. "Still, I can't say the thought of being dangled on a hook in front of a phantom doesn't make me feel a little hesitant. But I could probably get more motivated if you could convince Ryuujin to give me a reward for all my hard work." The way he said it was a joke, but he did have a request. There may not be another opportunity to ask, so it was best to get it out of the way right now. "If all of us are still alive in the end, I'd like to take you somewhere. You and Ryuujin both. If you two think I did a good job, then consider granting that request." There was a slight hope that he'd be able to take Towako there as well.

Once again, he turned his attention to the trees. There was a pleasant breeze today, and the sun gave off a comforting warmth. He still hadn't let his guard down, and was keeping an eye out for Towako at all times, but he managed to enjoy the scenery while maintaining his vigilance. It was one of the little pleasures that came with truancy. It didn't make up for everything that happened this week, but it was a small treat he could enjoy. "It's important to appreciate the little things, don't ya think?" Taking another sip of tea, Ryo took in the brief moment of peace before eventually returning to the never-ending chaos.

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Date: April 3nd, 2030
Time: 8: 30 am​
Kami_X (God of Hackers)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

“Heh, I can relate.” Reputation wasn’t easy to remove, both for gods and humans. Crimes committed in the past are often carried for a lifetime, either by the victim or the perpetrator, and first impressions, despite the fact that they didn’t tell the complete story, mattered. That was simply life. Though, so far, Shorn had made a pretty good impression in Kami_X’s eyes—a chill sort of guy who could take jokes at his expense and dish them out all the same. The sort of guy Kami_X liked.

But of course, Kami_X wasn’t the dumb sort who completely believed his first impressions either. A negative title existed for a reason and he didn’t know the god’s entire story, so he’d reserve judgement for now. Besides, Shorn raised Kami_X’s interest level several notches when he told Nana in intended to name Renka.

Well, former Renka.

After names were given, they just sort of stuck and, in many ways, the raven-haired spirit would always be Renka in his mind, though he knew the protocol in which gods and spirits lived. Protective feelings still rose—mild emotions of nostalgia giving rise to a bittersweet sentiment of happiness for the spirit tinged with a bit sadness. He wanted her to move on and, at the same time, felt a bit lonely about it as well.

In human terms, the sort of feeling you’d get when giving away an ex-girlfriend to someone else.

Not like Renka was the sort to let herself to be given away easily. Kami_X chuckled. He didn’t know the relationship between Shorn and the regalia he once named, but the poor god was in for a difficult life if he’d fallen for the picky and demanding, yet easily attached, spirit. Either way, Kami_X wasn’t the sort to miss out on something so amusing. He plucked the offered purple marker from Shorn’s hand. “But yeah, Spirit Room’s not the best place for that sort of thing. How about a restaurant? That way, if things don’t work out between the two of you, there’s always food to tide us over. I know an excellent cake place just down the street from here that Renka likes.” Or used to like. Tastebuds probably didn’t change in 10 years…at least for spirits. Probably. “It’ll be an excellent opportunity for all of us to get to know each other and maybe air out any problems too~” Likelihood of the later happening was pretty low since Kami_X didn’t really have the patience to color with a kid—too low brain-usage of a pastime—but he wasn’t the sort to be a Debbie Down either. Besides, if Shorn intended to name her, it was better that their relationship remained as it was. Kami_X didn’t mind playing the wingman. “Sounds good right, Nana?”

Kami_X glanced over at the SSA Manager, adding his own pleading gaze to Shorn’s request. “I swear on my honor we’ll return her safely to SSA before the end of the day.”

“Your honor doesn’t mean much to me,”
Nana turned to Shorn as Kami_X replied with an “Ouch”. “There isn’t a particular policy beyond the SSA spirit being accompanied by a bodyguard or SSA agent of some sort while outside. Even then, it's more a house rule than anything else. This is for their safety, given the amounts of phantoms roaming the streets lately, and also so other gods know that the nameless spirit is under the protection of the Death Gods.” It wasn’t always out of maliciousness that a god named a spirit or accidentally stole one from SSA. Other times, it was simply a desire to do a god’s duty. Saving souls from phantoms was something all gods did. Death gods—more specifically, the Shinigami—simply assisted in the procedure, hence why they were often considered minor gods compared to other death-related deities. “But I can’t stop them if they decide they want to leave or take residence elsewhere. We’re an employment agency—not a jail cell--and while we do provide housing and protection for the spirits who want it, it's not mandatory that a registered spirit stays in the SSA Building. The ones that live here do so because they want to live here, and most don't have a home while unnamed, but we do have some registered with SSA that choose to remain outside for reasons of their own.”

It was strange to her to Shorn want to name #4389, given that it couldn’t have been more a day since they’d met, but she supposed it only made sense that he wanted a partner for the job he signed up for. Either way, if #4389 consented to it, Nana had no objections so long as the proper procedure was followed. Named in front of an SSA agent. Trial period. There was, of course, paper work to fill out, but that was simple enough. “You’re an agent here so, assuming #4389 wants it, I have no problems you naming her following the usual procedures as any other god making a request to SSA, or taking her out for some fresh air , but....I suppose if we had a common protocol for taking them out, " Courtesy really "it would be you let others know where you are in case something happens—which reminds me.”

Nana drew a black, hand-sized PDA from the pocket of her blazer. “Here’s your company-issued PDA which are given to all field agents. It will serve as your SSA ID and allow you to contact other SSA agents as needed. All the numbers you’ll need are already saved on it—including connection to SSA Headquarters in Heaven and all Death God shrines. If it isn’t obvious, the PDA is only meant to be used for work and should be returned if you ever find yourself no longer under SSA employment. You can also use it to pull up a map of Kyoto." And other earth cities as needed. It wasn’t uncommon for SSA agents to transfer from branch to branch depending on where their work took them. She’d already registered Shorn as a new hire yesterday, but not all branches checked before jumping to conclusions. This was especially true for Shorn since he wasn’t born a god of death, but one of despair.

Then again, titles really only applied to what a god chose to do.

All gods were born of wishes—inclined towards a certain nature and purpose—but the things they chose to protect, the reputation they created, and the work they chose to do were all in their own hands. That was what Nana believed. That was why she hired Shorn…among other reasons. To some humans, who’ve been harmed by his presence, Shorn would always be a god of Despair. However, to others he saved, he could be one of the many Shinigami who guided souls in the afterlife as well.

Shorn, God of Despair, Disdain, and Death.

Still a rather dreadful title, but if Shorn could prove he’d changed—gather the right sort of allies via his new job which had him interacting with gods and spirits alike—then even an Execution Order from the Heavens might be might be removed. Maybe. Heaven always hated to be wrong and, to be honest, Nana didn’t know too much of Shorn to say for certain his character. He’d warned her of a potential threat to the city. He comforted a crying spirit. He offered his assistance. #4389 seemed to like him. Therefore, for now, Nana had no reason to doubt his intentions.

“Haha, gotta admit, this is turning out to be pretty interesting day. If Shorn here succeeds in proposing to number #4389, we’ll have two naming ceremonies to watch! Er—three.” Kami_X corrected, glancing apologetically to #8889 who’d remained silent the entire time everyone was talking. “Since I hear no objections, let’s start~” Sliding both the marker and Ruki into the pockets of his jacket, Kami_X began the ritual for his second regalia by drawing a name:

"You, with nowhere to go and nowhere to return,I grant you a place to belong. My name is Kami_X. Bearing a posthumous name, you shall remain here on this earth. With this name, I make thee my servant. With this name and its alternate, I use my life to make thee a Regalia. Thou art Sen.” A Small pause as Kami_X struggled to remember the alternate reading for the word meaning a thousand. “As regalia, Chi.”

Once Kami_X finished drawing the character in the air, and the name latched itself onto the spirit, Kami_X reached out a hand. “Come, Chiki!”

A four-feet length rifle flew into his grip, red, decorative, prayer beads wrapping around his arm and over his shoulder like a strap. No dropping this one it would seem. Supporting the barrel with his other hand, Kami_X lifted Chiki up to inspect the sharp-looking bayonet as memories not his own once more flooded in.

The Sasaki clan. The Ōnin War that started the Sengoku period. The Ikkō-ikki movement. Compared to Roka, Senka’s memories where of an older era, but ultimately, the two spirits were quite similar in their desire to fight for peace and the people. Both spirits worthy of being called heroes in their own way. “Annnd it’s another gun.”

Kami_X grinned at Shorn. “Seems I’ll have to practice my gun-slinging skills after all~ It looked a lot easier to do in the movies.”

Pointing the barrel at an imaginary target, the glasses wearing god pretended to shoot for 10 seconds or so…until Nana coughed.

“Ah, right.” Kami_X replied sheepishly. “We’re not exactly done yet, Senka. Roka.

8f9cd7f40cb71a8b428c14d8679eec21ae854a0b_00.jpg

From his pocket, the spirit that had been a golden fluff, then a gun, took human form when his name was called Ijust as Senka did—A tall brunette in his late twenties and an officer uniform. Roka breathed a sigh of relief and stretched, seeming to re-adjust himself to his body. “Why do you have so many candy wrappers in your pocket, Dude?”

“Midnight snacks.”
Kami_X replied as if it was the most obvious thing the world. “How do you feel? Any problem with your new name?" Not that changing it was possible.

"Nah, anything's better than being called #10012." Once he finished stretching, Roka offered a handshake to both Kami_X and Senka. "To be honest, I don't exactly understand much of what's going on besides the fact that I'm dead, I'm now called Roka, and I'll be working with you guys from now on to protect Mr. God and a school. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. God. Mr. Senka."

A lot to teach him then. Well, it came as no surprise because Roka really did just die 2 days ago. Fortunately, he also hired Senka who could help in that regard. Most basic job of a regalia was just be there when their name was called anyway.

"Just God X or Mr. X is fine," Kami_X smirked, shaking Roka's hand. "So, anyway, we’ve got a couple of papers to sign before Nana will let us leave, but that shouldn’t take too long. Maybe an hour or so. You'll get some time to say goodbye to any friends you might've made while living here. Then I’ll buy us lunch while we go over the exact details of your new job.” The red-head winked at Shorn. “If we happen to run into some others having a playdate at the same restaurant, and I happen to have a marker to return to her, it wouldn’t be all that strange for everyone to share a table~”

"Sounds good to me,"
Roka commented. "But isn't in better to be upfront with #4389? It just sounds to me like you're making things needlessly complicated. "

Kami_X pushed up his glasses. “I’ve lived with her for a month, Roka. Trust me. Even though girls will tell you they want you to be completely honest with them, they don’t actually mean completely honest.”

The Despair and Disdain part was probably important enough to warrant the truth, but softening the impact and selling one’s good traits was crucial in finding a partner. As for the rest…well…it was just a matter of accepting the flaws and being able to live with it. Kami_X knew, for example, that even if Renka acted petulant, she didn’t actually hate-hate him. The proof was in the fact that Nana hadn’t severed their ties in the 10 years since he’d named her. It was also how he knew Pinky didn't completely hate men. Spirits that held fast to grudge or hatred couldn't remain pure for very long.

The Secret Archives The Secret Archives MrThe MrThe

Last edited:
Time: 12:05 pm​
Shorn, God of Despair & Disdain
Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Shorn looked over to Number 4389 & 10013, it seemed as though he underestimated the possibility of the two of them together. It had been one thing to not fall for the puppy dog eyes from Number 4389 by herself, however, when the two of them joined forces, it was a bit much. It seemed like Shorn just couldn't deny the two of them, and he found himself traveling around Kyoto with the two of them. It felt more like instead of traveling, Shorn had just been pulled into the wake of their storm's path as they went from location to location together. It hadn't even been an hour, and Shorn could see the twinkling in their eyes as they undoubtedly recognized Shorn's inability to deny them. What had initially started as a clear play date had now evolved into a game of who could get what from Shorn, and then escalated to just indulging in a full on shopping spree with Shorn paying, and doubling as their pack mule.

It didn't seem too bad at first, but as they continued, Shorn no longer could pay attention to their surroundings of Kyoto, and was no longer learning anything. It had simply become a matter of putting all focus on the two as they went about their trip, and ensuring he wouldn't lose track of them. To think it had merely started as a simple, 'Purchase what you want' at a simple store they had stopped at for a brief respite. He was definitely kicking himself by this point, and it was even worse when remembering the fact that Shorn couldn't even vanish from the eyes of the general public. Instead, it just seemed like a guy walking about the city purchasing tons of goods, and then leaving with more bags in his arms than he entered with. If Shorn was lucky, the two girls would remain in sight so he didn't seem like a fool by himself. Even so, the amount of eyes that glanced at Shorn, and the unyielding attention with him dressed in his SSA Suit had people talking endlessly. It was almost like he was a real butt of the joke of Kyoto's streets today. Shorn almost hoped that people were just viewing him as some kind of egotistical pompous rich person at least, if anything, it might be easier to explain.

By the time lunch had rolled around, Shorn found himself dropping the bags on the curb outside the restaurant, stretching his back, and then rotating his shoulders. He looked at the name of the restaurant 'Hanabi's Amaku Grills', Shorn squinted at the name of the restaurant, someone had a serious poor sense of humor in his mind. The name couldn't sound worse if he tried to come up with something himself. He looked over to Number 4389 & 10013, "Well, I hope the two of you at least worked up an appetite." He paused, looking back at the bags on the ground, "Before you ask, yes, I will pay for this too." Shorn didn't necessarily make a lot of money from his godly duties, however, he managed to accumulate a fair lot of savings from his free stays at all of Ayame's Luxury resorts. Then, there was everything with Kaiyo, who had left all her possessions in his care as her sole beneficiary. Shorn didn't spend the money for himself, and instead, used it for times like this to bring others a form of happiness that he failed to be able to do so with his own godly shortcomings. "You two just better eat your fill, I don't want to hear anything about snacks after this." He winked at the two of them knowing that was a pretty unfair request given the way things had gone so far. Instead, he just simply wanted an opportunity to throw a small jab their way.

He leaned down gathering up the bags, "Did you two miss anything? I feel like you've bought both of your weights in goods." He went to open the door, but the staff member opened it for him as he leaned forward, and Shorn stumbled forward falling into the restaurant. He laid there for a few moments in a bit of a stupor as to what just happened, his brain was screaming about its opportunity for rest. Yet, he shook his head and sat up a bit dizzy, "Man, that was something." Almost immediately, he was apologized to by the staff member, and another man on duty started to lead them inside. Though, it was very clear that the staff member was going to get a scolding later on.

As soon as they were led to their seating area, Shorn placed all the bags beside him on the floor taking up the vacant seat beside him in its entirety. He settled down on the cushioned floor, and looked at the table resting in front of them. It looked like it was made of... phony bamboo? He knocked his hand on it a few times, and it was clear that it was a kind of ceramic styled to mimic them. Overall, the restaurant was pretty well off given their poor taste in naming, it was a modern traditional take on decor and seemingly the concept too. A dine in restaurant based around Grilled Foods, Barbecue, Seafood, and even a strangely large menu for sweets. Shorn could only guess they took the concept of Sweet & Spicy and practically turned it into their own religion. It wasn't exactly what he expected, but it was unique at the very least. He was pretty pleased with the overall appeal of the restaurant, but even so... he looked to the owner who brought over the employee who opened the door and made Shorn indirectly fall. The two of them were kneeling, and bowing with their head to the floor, the owner's hand on the back of the employees head. Shorn took in a sharp breath as he recognized the situation, and shook his hands, "No, it's fine! Raise your heads, it was my fault!" He found himself the center of attention again for the wrong reasons, "Seriously, no worry, I'm fine!"

The two of them spoke their apologies again, rose up, bowed once more and left a menu before departing. Shorn sagged backward, expecting a backing to support him, but immediately forgot there wouldn't be anything. So, he stumbled backward, and let out a long groan of annoyance, "I hope you two find this at least humorous in some way." He shot a look towards number 4389 & 10013 in a joking manner, "If not..." He put his hand to his forehead, "Woe is me! What ever shall I do!" He sagged even more into a pathetic heap on the floor, and both the associates, as well as customers looked over in confusion. Shortly there after, Shorn kicked himself back up to a seated position, "Aye', after dragging me all around Kyoto, I hope you're at least the slight bit embarrassed to be in company with me!" He stuck his tongue out at the two of them, and then planted his elbow on the table, resting his cheek into the palm of his hand. He reached over with his free hand to dig around the bags beside him, "So, what did you two even buy? I couldn't keep track, and you had me carrying- -" removing his hand, he made a very exaggerated motion, "This much!" He placed his hand down on the table, returning his cheek to his open palm and let out a sigh of relief, "You're lucky I'm tall enough to see over this stuff!"

He looked around, there was plenty of spaces open. Shorn could only really guess that this restaurant already had its mid-day rush, either that or it was busy at night instead of mid day.

1605116531470.png
Liashu
(Phantom Of Misery)
Time: 8:15 pm
Interactions: Ryuujin QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel
Liashu glared at the god as they spoke, the condescending tone grew to quickly get on their nervs and when they called over their regalia Liashus facial expression quickly went on to form a scowl as they stared down the god and their trident. When they asked if they came to die, Liashu stopped leaning against the wall and walked more so to the middle of the hallway keeping their eyes focused on them, it wasn't until they asked about another Phantom the Liashu stopped and gave them a questioning glance wondering which phantom that this god has their eye on. When they pulled out a picture they were surprised to see a a phantom they had never met, or cared enough, to notice either one could of been the case, though it was likely the first one. Liashu had two options, they could lie and likely not waste their energy fighting this god or they could just say no and more than likely have to waste their energy fighting them, Liashu mused on their options for a good moment before a knowing smirk came to their face and they shrugged. "Don't know, don't care, still wasting my energy fighting you isn't in my best interest right now, but if you really wanna try your luck, i will gladly oblige. " As they finished speaking a faint tint of red started to appear around their body, their body was growing to be hot enough to burn anyone that they touched, like putting your hand on the eye of a stove that was on. Plus thanks to the rust of energy they felt they were more than confident that they could dodge anything they threw at them and even rush past them if they wanted to, going on to take note of the windows behind them that they could just as easily jump out of in order to escape if they so wished. Either way, flee or fight they already had many ideas on how to get out of this mess and was watching the god with interest prepared to move at the slightest possible movement that seemed hostile.​

Time: 8:30 pm​

Ryuujin(God) + Uroko(Regalia)
01690af9b246957ea0f64e901b2279dc.jpg

“I see.”

Sliding the picture of his former exemplar Towako back into his pocket, the God of the Sea smirked as he watched heat begin to encase the confident phantom, a tinge of red surrounding its body. He’d been itching for a fight since the search for his target had been proving fruitless so far. The phantom hadn’t lied. Hadn’t hid. The lowly phantom dared to challenge him, the King of Ryugu-jo to fight. Ryuujin licked his lips. He could feel his excitement bubbling over.

Then, in a single step, Ryuujin closed the distance.

What followed was a series of unrelenting thrusts, the point of his trident aimed to skewer his opponent. “Do you think a little heat will be able to scorch my Blessed regalia?”

If does, would my suffering appease your temper, Milord?

If it does, I’ll have cooked sea bream for dinner and find myself a new blessed regalia.

Uroko’s sigh echoed through Ryuujin’s mind. However, whether or not Uroko would’ve been burned by the aura that encased the phantom or not was never discovered because the phantom seemed focused on dodging. As time passed, the pitter patter of rain outside grew louder in reflection of Ryuujin’s growing rage. Lighting sounded. With every failed thrust, the king seemed to grow faster, his golden eyes glinting in determination. Or perhaps memory.

Memory of a time when he fought a phantom of similar stature in a war that shook the Heavens. Memory of his corrupted regalias that cried out as he slew them one by one. Memory of a woman’s mocking face as he squared off against the vile one that defiled his sees. As he lost himself in his battle against the fiery phantom, scales began to grow along his arms. His legs. Each thrust began producing shock waves and not even Uroko could stop the destruction of the office desk. Or the cracks that began forming on the floor with each step Ryuujin took to keep pace with the fiery phantom.

Paper scattered, but only the ones that blocked Ryuujin’s vision were shredded.

Truly, it was only Uroko’s skill that kept the damage of the near shore to a minimum. Separate the things to be killed from the things that shouldn’t be. Pierce only the things that got in his king’s way. Such were things Uroko was taught when he became a regalia of the Sea. However, not even Uroko could stop the damages incurred by the dragon strength.

Please calm yourself, Milord! Consider where you are.

Ryuujin didn’t stop, his eyes locked only on his opponent as he swung the Joyoki. Several office windows shattered.

This isn’t your domain, My King This is the near shore. The Heavens won’t allow you to fully transform here.

“So what?” Ryuujin growled, not even bothering to speak mentally anymore. “The Heavens can’t stop me!”

The moon is watching tonight. Will you force him to fight you again?

Ryuujin slowed as his regalia’s calm words finally reached him.

The time we have to stay in the near shore is limited. Our target is still out there. We can’t be squandering it away fighting every phantom we meet.

Ryuujin sighed, his scales receding as he stopped his assault and stabbed the trident into the ground. He folded his arms. “Fine. Have it your way, Uroko.”

At his name, the trident glowed before morphing into his human form. Uroko gave a relieved sigh as he squatted down to take a moments rest. Still, should the phantom desire to continue the fight, Uroko would be ready to defend his master. “Thank you, Milord.”

Ryuujin rolled his eyes before glancing at the evolved phantom that managed to hold its own against the King of Ryugu-jo. It’d been a long time since any phantom—or god for that matter—gave him a bit of a challenge. Nagi disappeared, Tsukiyomi wouldn’t fight him, and Sarutohiko was too busy crying over his missing wife. “What’s your name, Phantom?”

Peckinou Peckinou

Date: April 3rd, 2020
Time: 12:40pm​

Ryuujin + Rika
250px-SCSakuya.png
Rika/Ryujin could feel the vein popping on their forehead, mild disappointment at Azani’s lack of desire to fight becoming anger at the winged phantom’s comment. Seemed every evolved phantom he met since coming to Kyoto was determined to piss him off. Were the ones in Kyoto audacious due to the lack of strong gods present? Or was it simply the nature of an evolved phantom?

Either way, Ryuujin was annoyed.

“Imbecile you say?” Rika/Ryuujin growled as she/he stepped forward, vapors in the air condensing to surround Rika/Ryuujin’s balled fist. Naturally, even in a human body, they recognized the call of their god. “You should keep your phantom in check, Azani. Otherwise, greater or not, it’ll be exorcised before you know it.”

However, before he/she could take another step, Ryuujin could feel resistance from the original owner of the body. Rika/Ryuujin frowned. This was why he didn’t usually like possessing people other than his priests. Those who worshiped him were much more willing. Most wanted it. Considered it a blessing to be chosen by their god—to be given his power. Therefore, there was usually no resistance.

With Rika Murakami though, he could feel her spirit fighting tooth and nail to reclaim her body. He could suppress it, since his soul was infinitely stronger, but he didn’t want to risk injuring the spirit. Unlike some gods, who were more talkative with their worshippers and went out of their way to spread their ‘teachings’ through messiahs and whatnot, Ryuujin didn’t possess humans very often. At worst, she might never wake up again.

“Sit still,” Ryuujin hissed. “I’m trying to help you.”

Rika’s soul only struggled harder and Ryuujin rolled his eyes. Golden orbs glanced over at Azani and Kuro-Kyogi, neither of who looked interested in fighting. But of course, the human girl had let herself get possessed by a phantom despite her spiritual powers, if only a tiny one, and Ryuujin knew most phantoms to be liars—whispering words that pushed malevolence and hate. He didn’t know much about Azani, but if she consorted with a phantoms, she could very well be a liar as well.

After all, an empty threat was still a lie.

And the one who lived bellow, who Azani called ‘mother’, would surely say whatever necessary to keep others trapped with her. From taking on the forms of those they held dear to force-feeding those who visited her realm, humans—and even gods—that found their way to Yomi never found their way back up.

Usually.

“I don’t know how many humans you’ve killed Azani, nor do I know why.” Ryuujin couldn’t say he really cared all that much. Humans died all the time. Giving into phantoms. Killed by Calamity. Humans killed each other as well. And animals. And Fish. They have, and will always be, the most dangerous creatures to walk the near shore. Yet Heaven had always put humans on a higher pedestal. For killing humans was a sin. “But Heaven always throw a fit whenever I drown humans. They only kill for a cause.”

Their cause. Their peace.

The peace of the world.

“A much higher cause than the wishes of mere grudge-bearing humans that you seem to follow,” Ryuujin smirked, shrugging. “But whatever. I’m not here to debate philosophy with you. That’s more Tenjin or Tsukiyomi’s thing. So long as you don’t intend to kill her, that’s good enough. I’m stronger while I’m not in a human body anyway.”

42919.jpg

And, like that, Ryuujin separated himself from Rika’s body, which stumbled a bit before she regained her footing. As soon as she did, Rika glared at Ryyujin who laid himself on the bench, arms supporting his head in a relaxed posture. “YOU. What did you do to me!?”

“Divine Possession. Any god worth their salt can do it to some degree.”

“Possession? Like a ghost? Like what phantoms do?”

An annoyed look crossed Ryuujin’s face at that analogy. “No. We don’t try to kill you. When a god possesses a human it’s usually to warn them.”

“Gods that try to steal a girl’s body without permission are the lowest,”
Rika scoffed. She directed her sour gaze towards Azani and Kuro-Kyogi. “Same with gods that kill teachers. I don’t care who told you to do it. A god should be able to tell right from wrong.”

Looking from the phantom called Kuro-Kyogi to Azani, who she just heard was some kind of queen’s sister(?), as well as hitman goddess(?) of Hell, she forced herself to calm down. From what she could tell, the goddess didn’t intend to kill her…so long as no one asked for it. Did someone ask for Ms. Kiyomi’s death? Or was that part an empty threat too? For some reason, Azani was giving her mixed signals and that nearly annoyed her as much as Ryuujin stealing control of her body with permission. Did he even consider the kids in the school if he started a fight in her body? Forget about her own life. Other lives were also at stake.

Rika’s hands balled into a fist. She’d let her temper get the better of her. At the end of the day, Ryuujin intervened because he thought she was going die when she lashed out verbally at the ‘Queen of Hell’, and she’d lashed out verbally because of her own weakness. “Did you really kill Suda Kiyomi?” Rika asked finally, looking directly into Azani’s eyes as she wanted to discern the truth her own. “If you did, why? What did she do to deserve a goddess’s punishment? Who is the person that owes you a debt?”

Was it student at school? A teacher? Was that why Azani and Kuro-Kyogi were here? If they owed her a debt then perhaps Rika could get them to pay Azani back so no lives were lost. She might not be smart in the same way Ryotaro was, nor was she powerful like Ryuujin, but that didn’t excuse her from doing her part to protect the people around her either.

“Please answer me honestly, Azani-sama.”

Last edited:
Time: 12:42pm
sample_e2649a51a2593d1b8e08369037e4fde23ba0c74f.jpg

" What is right and what is wrong are shifting things" Azani said defensively she did not want to be here anymore, she did not like being around a lap dog of heaven who was mad the other gods didn't like him drowning a few humans every now and then. " As my dear sister might tell you heaven is always just, if a bit hypocritical it seems when it comes to who kills who" She said glancing to Ryujin. " Oh also That is just how she is you get used to it, being made of pride, but she is truly helpful, consuming lesser phantoms and able to remove negative emotions for a time balancing a human mind out " she pointed out as that was something even gods didn't do and that was as much as she wanted to talk to the god of the sea.

When the human asked why Azani killed the teacher, what she had done it annoyed her, any kid should know who she was, she was a scary story a bloody mary of japan called to on dares and whispered about among angry kids. She was not someone easily forgotten, even if not followed by human openly they spread her word. Still Azani could not lash out not with a war god staying so close. " I am the goddess of vengeance, I settle the grudges of humans and stopping in some way the birth of phantoms and the darkening of the human soul " She explained " But like every god i do not act simply because I feel it, I am called to and if you hate someone, if they have wronged you I come" She continued her angry just barely under the surface to have to explain this " A student called out with a grudge, they accepted my deal, I kill the one they hate and drag them to hell, but in return they must worship me and give offering, and when they die their soul will go to hell as well " Azani finished

Before the other god or human could speak she held out a hand in a stop gesture " Before you ask, no I don't think this is unfair, the old deal used to not have the wished falling into hell I added that and yet people still accept it " Said primitively answered sounds a little saddened at the very end as she didn't actually like that she was sought after, a god should want it, but Azani did this role so none might have to take it up and because it was all she knew.

"[b] the one who owes me a debt is ... [/b]" Azani stalled not wanting to admit she had done something nice or that anyone worked with her because it would hurt them if heaven knew " It was the resident god of this school Kami_X i gave him a.... gift because he was a fool getting to attached to humans, that is a mistake and i require his aid for a project" Azani said again sounding said before becoming defensive again not wanting anyone to question her. Azani hid any pain she felt and anything she felt was a weakness when in front of others, no one but her mother got to see such things. " On that note human you didn't let me get to an offer I have for you, given I am trying to alter my image. You see human belief can alter gods, give them new powers and new domains, so if I get a bunch of humans to pray to me and believe I am the goddess of redemption along with vengeance, then I will gain things suitable to that role" Azani explained " So how about you start praying to me to save those souls burning in hell? As the other gods have issues entering Yomi, and my deal prevents me as I am now from releasing them so I just need to get humans to believe I can " Azani offered not sure how much she could be believed by the human, but it was true she was bound by her own deals to hold the humans till the end of time.

" So there you have your answers human, all this honesty making rather annoyed along with finding that it seems that idiot is not here, likely ran off with some human girl or something knowing the fool he is" Azani grumbled " So want to help me save souls yes or no? I have many other things to do" She asked most of those other things were deals with humans which these two might judge as evil, but Azani didn't judge, who was she to say what was right and wrong, she just gave them an offer. She also wanted to get away from the go of heaven she did not want he sister's eye up on her just yet.

Time: 12:10 p.m​

Uroko (Regalia)
uroko_sama__forever_a_wip__by_deathclaw25_d8ebdjr-fullview.jpg

Gratefully accepting the cup of warm tea, Uroko drank as he listened to Ryotaro. The breeze did feel nice. It wasn’t something one typically experienced living under the sea. Once the human finished speaking, Uroko commented. “You’re a strange one, Ryotaro Hirai.”

Though not in a bad way. He watched a bird as it flew down from one of the trees to peck at a worm before flying back up to feed its family. “You sound as if you could truly feel what Towako had been feeling at the time.”

The tea moistened his throat and made talking easier after his own lengthy story. “Perhaps you actually can. This is the first time I’ve met a human like you, so I can’t say.” First time he’d met and truly interacted with a human at least. He’d seen them of course. Watched them as they fished or sailed their boats, but Uroko had largely remained sheltered the Undersea Palace since becoming a regalia. He’d heard stories of course. Stories of pirates and fisherman. How they stole from the sea and dirtied the waters. How they tarnished shrines and forgot to thanks the gods. Most of the palace only had bad things to say about humans—especially since the last 10 years—and he was usually warned to keep away when they were encountered.

But not all of the stories were bad.

An old koi spirit once spoke of gratefulness towards a human that freed him when he was caught in a net. Another spoke positively of the humans that came by once every few days to help clean its home. If one looked hard enough, there were good stories as well that, even if the bad stories predominated, painted a different picture of humanity. Uroko closed his eyes. “You give a lot of credit to my judgement, but I don’t think I can give you the answer you’re looking for.”

When he opened his eyes his gaze was following the same bird that repeated the same process of swooping down to peck at another worm. “I’m like that bird. I’m neutral and rational because I’m simple. I don’t think about things like ‘why do I have to listen to a god’ or ‘why is my life so difficult’. I just live my life understanding that’s the way it’s supposed to be. There’s no reason to hate anyone. The strong live and the weak die. Everyone needs to eat. A fish that strays from the path given to them to jump out of the waters to will only meet their end. Compared to me, my king is much more human—fraught with emotions and desires that I can’t really comprehend. I get the feeling you and I are a little bit alike in that regard…”

Uroko tilted his head as he studied Ryotaro. “Though I also get the feeling you’re a bit more human than I am.”

It wasn’t a compliment or insult. Just a statement of fact. Becoming a regalia had given him a human form, but ultimately, he was fish spirit. He understood things as a fish would. His greatest desires amounted to eating, sleeping, and not dying. Gods were the ones with ideals. Regalias were only the weapons that carried them out. “Speaking to you, I am reminded of a foreign king who visited our palace once. A guppy spirit had been crying because some humans poured oil over her while she’d been playing. He comforted her by saying this: All things that live must die. Humans aren’t punished for the sins they commit while they are alive. Their punishment comes after they die. And I, I, am their judge.”

Uroko shrugged. “Can't say I completely understood what he meant, but no one truly knows the origins of phantoms, which have existed alongside gods and humans since time immemorial. Not all phantoms were once spirits. Some are just masses of negative emotions with no clear singular source and nothing to save. For the denizens of the far shore, they are our natural predators. Some say the primordial gods created them to be a balance in the world. Some say humans did. Since human wishes can create gods, is it not strange to think that their negative emotions can create phantoms too? If you ever attend some of the Heavenly debates—which I became lucky enough to attend alongside Ryuujin-sama since becoming his blessed regalia—you’ll hear an endless argument about whether the first gods created humans or the first humans created gods.” An argument as useless as the fish and egg paradox. Uroko was fairly certain his king dragged him along to those events to be so he could have someone to be bored with anyway. His lord slept through all of them. “So, in an answer to your question, I truly do not know whether salvation is possible for a phantom. If a spirit has been named by a god then they can be forgiven via an ablution ritual or if the corruption isn’t too bad it can be cut out…”

Uroko looked back at the bird. “But I’ve never seen a full phantom revert back to being a pure spirit. I’ve always been told that there’s no return for spirit that strays off the right path. If god is the water, we fish only swim in it following the flow and don’t fight the current. Every fish knows this. Lord Ryuujin is the embodiment of the sea and his words, his directions, are the law we live by. A fish that choses to jump out of the water and walk the path of man, with all its flaws, becomes something else entirely. I doubt even my king knows a way to return what used to be Towako to his former self, given that he’s fifth incarnation of Ryuujin and not the first that was present when the world was created. Even if he were the first, I don’t think he would’ve expected phantoms to evolve the way they do now. It just goes to show how little the Heavens actually know about phantoms I suppose.”

Or the world that was constantly changing below them.

The regalia took another sip of the tea as he watched the bird peck at the ground. “The story you spoke of revolves around the ancestor of all jellyfish and is likely tied to the first Ryuujin so the -Mo family of regalias could probably tell you more about it. I heard the first incarnation was a wild beast who often raged and servants were treated horribly back in those days…so it might be true.” Uroko shrugged. He’d never really looked into it. “The lord I swore by my name to protect is the 5th incarnation of Ryuujin—a dragon that has already been ‘tamed’ by the Heavens. If you have something you want from him, you should go to him directly—like you did the night before yesterday. He’d respect you more that way and may even assist you whether or not you end up making a good bait. Despite his attitude and distrust, my king has always had a fascination with humans. All the teachings of Heaven's regalias can't change the fact that he's still Ryuujin, a god that once had familial ties with mortals.”

Or, perhaps, curiosity alone would be enough to get the god of the sea to agree. In all honesty, Uroko wasn’t that curious. However, he did return the favors given to him. “And since his incarnations have—at times—been killed by his own regalias for his uncontrollable rages, he greatly values loyalty in a regalia.” And honesty. “Therefore, I’m certain my king would want to know why Towako betrayed him even he won't admit it. You made that possible by making it evolve, Ryotaro Hirai. So there’s no need to beat yourself up over it. I’m actually somewhat grateful.”

Uroko looked to Ryotaro. “Keep in mind, what I want isn’t necessarily what’s good for the world. My loyalty is to my king and only my king. Whether he becomes a raging dragon that defies the Heavens or not, he will always be my god and I will always stand beside him. That’s what it means to be a blessed regalia.”

A burial vessel. Uroko sighed. He honestly wasn’t sure when it happened, but it wasn’t really anything to be jealous over. It just meant he had one foot ahead in the grave. Spirit grave. No one really knew what happened when you died a second time.

“You may be right that there's more going on than meets the eye, but the phantom that used to be Towako probably won’t want to talk to me. Or Lord Ryuujin.” The proof was in the fact that the phantom that used to be Towako only ever hid from them. “Sometimes it’s easier to tell the truth to a stranger. Therefore, the plan is that we’ll keep hidden while you lure it out—however you want to do it—and try to talk to it, Detective. The information we want involves the complete story of the Desecration of the Sea 10 years and the whereabouts of the wanted phantom that calls herself Nikushimi. If you can find this information you can consider all your 'debts' repaid and you’ll have our gratitude as well.”

It might be a bit presumptuous of him to include his king in the last part, but the blessed regalia had always prided himself on his ability to see the god behind the Heavenly teachings. “Of course we’ll do our best to make sure no harm comes to you or Rika Murakami. That’s why my king went to guard her while she’s at school. It’ll be easier to form a cohesive plan when everyone’s together. As for what happens afterwards...I will abide by my lord's wishes.”

Even if Towako had been innocent as Ryotaro seemed to believe, things probably couldn't return to the way they once were.

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back