• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Date: April 3rd, 2030
Time: 7:33
Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren
0d9680017a973edeef1b649502d2ccd4e561c69b.png
Azani Goddess of Vengence and grudges

Azani's mood almost instantly changed when Miu asked about Enma, it was only natural to be curious about the the previous owner of the realm they now lived in. Azani could not really say to much about Enma, she knew his storied, and she had met him, but she had never truly known him. he was a friend of her mother, not hers; they were to similar. That was what Azani had always told herself about the sulking lord. He cursed his position and grew disheartened ad he judged more and more souls to pahntomhood. She knew the age wore heavy on him and a melancholy had been with him as long as she had known Enma. Still did she truly know him? She could not truly answer the question of what kind of god he was, what he liked, how many lives her had lived, just how little did Azani know of the others. Azani had not thought of knowing other gods, truly knowing them as she might have known a few gods long ago, but by now they had changed. Azani suddenly felt her age upon her shoulders, unlike so many she had never died, never been cleansed of those long ago days and endless years of nothing.

" He was.... a dour god" Azani said with a sigh " Thinking on it now you might say he and I were alike both doing a job we might not fully like and never seeing a way to be free." She explained having to guess some as she could not say how truly alike they were. " As long as I knew him he was always moping and melancholy, perhaps once he was such a positive god, and he became the judge as myths evolved, but Enma or Yama as he is better know is a deity if three religions so just how he came to be what he is I can't really say " Azani mused as there where plenty of foreign gods, but Enma seemed special as he was a major god in every religion that knew his name as the cultures mixed. " As for death, i don't think he can die as like mother he is a god of death a judge of souls and a primordial powered by three religions, he couldn't die even if he wanted to." Azani fished with another sigh and a shrug.

it seemed that Aznai not ever becoming a big god was working to her advantage, most kids and adults knew of her through whispered words, but they did not think of her like they might another got. She still had a image that could be molded, Enma was stuck as he was forever. it was a sad fate, but one Enma had seemingly done little to change except to flee. Azani did wonder where his kings were though she guessed they had left with their lord and scattered or else where in hiding with him. Azani did not know what the judge of the dead might do when not here, but she kind of hoped he was living a human life. Humans had something special in them that in their short lives they enjoyed the world more than any long lived god.

" Do not worry to much about keeping stories about gods straight you will only get a headache " Azani chuckled " We all live far to long to care if a few contradictions make it into the stories humans tell "She said with another sigh " Still we have work to I have put off answering calls for to long now how about we for and settle some grudges?" Azani asked a smile returning as she held out her hand of Mui not needing to but wanting to feel someone touch after thinking that deeply.

d802ac684e32c1ea05e5b199247a2c7a.png

~Regalia~
Forest Outskirts// Date: 04/04/2030 // Time: 11:00 Am // Mentions: Inemaru

656088.jpg

Deep within the forest and unseen to the eye of mere mortals, the white figure of Shiro could be seen wandering through the foliage, the regalia trapped in vessel form searching for his missing master. Today was the 3rd day since the fight and like had done so the last two days, the crestfallen vessel continued to traverse the mountainous terrain, the battle-worn fox vigilant in his duty as he desperately hunted for any clue or scent that would lead him to where his missing god was. Yet like the days and nights before, Shiro's search had thus far proven fruitless. It was as if Inemaru and the phantom had vanished without a trace, leaving nothing behind to ever suggest that they had even existed in the first place. Alas, that was not the case, Inemaru had indeed left something behind.

Shiro himself was proof enough that Inemaru existed. The fact that his name still existed could only point towards a single truth, that his god was alive somewhere out there; somewhere that at this moment in time seemed so far out of reach for the vessel. It was this knowledge that had given Shiro the strength to continue searching, to persevere through the lonely endeavour; to fight through the pain that ran through his body; both mental and physical. Cold nights were made slightly warmer thanks to a nearby cave that was just about big enough to fit his vessel form, yet even then he found it hard to succumb to slumber's grasp and even when sleep did come for him, haunted dreams of a life long forgotten would wake him once more. Restless nights and lonely days had been his closest friends these last few days, the silent vessel forcing himself forward in his search.

Driven by far more then a sense of duty or obligation, the weakened vessel desperately forced himself onwards in his search. To Shiro, Inemaru was far more then just a 'god that he served'. He was the one and only god that Shiro had ever been with, their relationship lasting for well over a hundred years. Together they had seen the change of time and maintained the status quo. They had enacted justice when justice was required and done their duties diligently throughout the last century. Their partnership was one of trust and comradery and from Shiro, untainted loyalty to the one who had given him a new purpose. Inemaru had given him a home, a sense of duty and a sense of being, even when it became apparent that the boy was mute; trauma from his past life carrying over to the next. Without Inemaru, Shiro could not imagine what would have become of him. Now that was gone, replaced by a large gaping void of emptiness that unaware to Shiro was gradually getting bigger with each passing day.

To the locals nearby, the forest itself had taken on a different feel over the last couple days; as if the air around them had gotten heavier. The fauna that called this place home had yet to return since the fight had occurred, their instincts telling them to keep their distance. Like prey aware of their predator, they had kept their distance from the area that Shiro had continued to search; the presence of the large fox more than enough to keep them at bay. This of course had only aided in Shiro's current loneliness, the only living beings he had seen over the last few days being two park rangers that had come to investigate the aftermath of the big fight; fallen tree's and scattered branches. Though even they had backed away from the forest as Shiro approached them. Despite not seeing Shiro, their instincts had told them to leave.

Crossing an old and beaten path, Shiro was slowly making his way back to the scene where the large flash had occurred, the last place he had seen both phantom and Inemaru before their sudden disappearance. Perhaps today's attempt would be different, perhaps Inemaru would be there waiting for him with a hot dog in hand? Perhaps they could finally return home together? Of course it was wishful thinking on Shiro's part yet that was all he could do to maintain his wavering sanity as the void of emptiness continued to eat away at him.

Last edited:
Date: April 3, 2030
Time: 3:35 pm​

Inari (Goddess)
8926f80c562a1c6b2668b63a90855a9c.png

“Mm, Kintaru-kun told you that did he?” Inari hummed a little as she brought the plate-like cup of sake to her lips. Her sword certainly had a solid business sense with regards how to best deal with her rivals. Gods occupying the same niche usually ended up being allies or competitors for prayers depending on the circumstances. Inari was a goddess that like to make friends. Rather than making enemies with her competitors, or completely eliminating them, she believed that greater yields for both could be produced through mutual compromise. “It’s true, I’m a supporter of the working-class gods~”

Some gods—like Ryuujin, Tsukuyomi, Amaterasu, etc—were simply born into their role of godhood. Noble class gods whose deification was due to being tied to the primordial creators and occupied importation positions as a result, being pillars that supported the world. Life could not be born without the Sun, after all. So long as the world continued to need and worship the Sun, so long as it continued to exist up in the sky for people to gaze at and remember, gods like Amaterasu-henka wouldn’t easily fade. In contrast, gods like her climbed their way up to her current status by answering the material wishes of humans. The jobs she did weren’t as ‘critical’ to the world and though her popularity in Japan was incredibly high, similar to those of the Seven Lucky Gods, Heaven’s ‘nobility’ structure, implemented by the older generation, would keep her from ever climbing higher up the rankings no matter how many niches she took on or how popular she became.

Gods weren’t that much different than humans, in that sense, and Inari had grown to accept it. She was no longer a young kit anymore after all. Though…being one of the most popular gods in Japan gave her a cushy seat up in the Heavens nonetheless. She also maintained a stalwart friendship with Susanoo’s daughter Uka no mitama, the “august spirit of food”, whom humans often associate her with because they were usually seen together.

“Gods that find themselves lacking in worshippers and prayers. Obscure gods that need a bit of a leg-up to get started in spreading their name and earning a shrine dedicated to themselves. I give them the opportunities to do so by working for me, since I still get an abundance of prayers every year~ The work they do for me would depend on what they’re good at. Since they’re gods, I typically give them a position managing one of my shrines and answering the requests humans hang there…”

The same work some of her messengers did, though unlike the spirits who had to earn their way up to the position, she wouldn’t stomp on godly pride by putting them in a lesser role either—unless they were utterly incompetent. While she did agree with Nana in regards to equality in the workplace and followed a merit-based system with regards to any hires, she wasn’t a hardcore spirits’ rights activist either. She didn’t fight the flow of the world. She was a goddess that climbed the ladder and understood its politics.

“…but it depends on their situation and the skills they possess. Many of my worshippers are business owners and rice farmers, so I’d love to have the help of a fellow rice god in answering their prayers or protecting their fields. I’m sure your added expertise would help them to yield bountiful harvests”

Leaning forward, Inari gracefully refilled Seiichi’s wine cup when she saw it was empty, her eyes not looking away from the other god as she spoke. “There are many benefits to working with me, but what they are depends on their needs and mine. I’m a very generous goddess when it comes down to it—especially in the financial aspect. You wouldn’t be the first god to consider it either. Some work for me for additional cash. Others do so for insurance and security." And others had little choice in the matter. "I pour your drink, you pour mine. That’s how I like to operate.”

It was also Japanese drinking etiquette, though women typically poured for men in old fashioned settings and juniors for their seniors in business outings, Inari, in this case, was the host and Seiichi the visitor. As a goddess who often sat in business meetings with both humans and gods, social etiquette came naturally to her—not that the rules of humans necessarily applied to gods. All gods dressed a little differently depending the customs an time period they prefer. The also adopted the cultures the preferred...though the ones in Japan tended to adopt the Japanese ones.

Pulling back with a playful smile on her face, Inari returned the jug to the table and relaxed back in her seat, her fluffy tails serving as cushion. One of the tails wound to her lap and she stroked it lazily with one hand while the other held her sake cup. “Since you did bring me offerings” which her regalia partook of. “and I do like you, I certainly wouldn’t mind helping you out with your little phantom problem, Seiichi…” The job itself sounded simple enough that she could send another god—or even an especially strong regalia—to do the dirty work for her, but a bit of exercise might actually help her unwind. Besides, phantoms had grown stronger—to the point of evolving—since the war 10 years ago. It might be a good idea to see the state of Seiichi’s shrine herself. “After we finish our drinks~ I’m not one to waste good rice wine.”

Or food in general. She lifted her sake cup.

“So, for now, just relax. Let’s toast to the end of wars and prosperity of future shrines~”

Two Hours later
Time: 5:35 pm​

11ab0f2798d231a0a1fded2d89e21663.jpg

“Let’s go, Junki,”

After finally leaving her den (Inari wouldn't let them leave until the entire jug was finished) , and informing the regalias waiting outside that she intended to help Seiichi with a bit of pest control, it wasn’t long before both gods took to the skies on Inari’s divine fox. Weaving atop the clouds, the white creature passively sailed through the air, avoiding any dark-looking clouds or concentrations of gloom, and mindful of the holy passengers it carried. “Hold on tight, Seiichi-kun~ I hope you aren't scared of heights because I need you to tell Junki where to go.”

Teleporting would’ve been an option, but Inari had no idea where Seiichi’s shrine used to be, never having a reason to travel to the minor rice god's shrine. The fox goddess enjoyed riding atop her regalia to her destination anyway. Compared to walking or teleporting, feeling the winds brush past her fur while she leisurely enjoyed a birds’ eye-view of the city was much more pleasurable. Stroking the soft white coat beneath her, Inari continued. “She’s familiar enough with the general layout of the city that simple directions or describing landmarks should be good enough.”

Unless of course, his shrine wasn't inside the city limits. Or he had the ability to teleport them to their destination instead.

Takumi98 Takumi98

Last edited:
Ekibio ~~ god of Pestilence, Disease, and Sickness
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Date: April 4, 2030
    Time: 12:23 am

Ekibio nodded his head as Tsugusa explained why she disguised herself. "Dangerous running around for you, huh. Alright; I'm gonna get some food." Ekibio went downstairs and searched until he found out how to get some food in this hotel. He didn't know how to pay anyone for it... he just left the last of his money on the counter where he found the food and left. If it was still considered stealing, oh, well. When he came back to the hotel room, Tsugusa had her things that she bought back together and was about to leave. "Oh, you're leaving now? More food for me." As he passed by Tsugusa she squeezed his shoulder, as if it was a wordless warning.

“You can stay here for as long as you need, just be careful until I return to your side, and don’t forget to shower...I warmed it for you. Oh and...”

Ekibio looked up at her thinking that she was going to say something important. “Stay out of trees for a little while” He let out a surprise chuckle and called to her as the door closed, "I promise nothing!"

Then, when he was alone, he realized. "Wait. Dammit, i forgot to get mad at her."

Ekibio jumped into the shower and cleaned off the grime that had build up for the last months that never completely came off in his soapless baths. He had to put back on his old clothes, and was disappointed with himself for not buying something new with the money he had. Oh, well. He ate the serving he made for Tsugusa, slept some more, drank some free coffee and left the hotel before the cleaners came to the room.

Time: 1: 30 pm​

Kami_X (God)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

Kami_X stared at the events that played out. Then he sighed, a smirk dancing across his features as he took the waiter’s hand. “I can’t say I very much like being played, but I can appreciate a good prank when I see one.”

The hacker god ignored Herald’s silent plea for help since it was amusing and because he was petty enough to think Herald deserved it for tricking him. Well, Herald and Daitan both, but Daitan seemed like the funnier of the two. If such a person was a phantom’s ‘keeper’ they’d likely prevent the evolved mass of negativity from acting on its nature. Good teeth as well.

Grinning over at where Shorn was stirring underneath the table, Kami_X cackled malevolently. “I’ve joined the Dark Side.”

“How am I not surprised?”

With the inky barrier down, he could what the others were doing. #4389, aka soon-to-be Sorami, ran forward to help Shorn out from underneath the table, checking the god injuries. Senka…looked as calm and monk-like as always…and #10013 simply looked between Daitan, Herald, and Kami_X curiously. “So, uh, everything’s cool? Bird monster's friendly?”

“Yeah it is,”
Kami_X agreed. “No one’s dead. I’ve got a new ally in the bird monster. Best solution overall.”

He still wasn’t sure how much he could trust the two either, but, the truth was, Kami_X still didn’t entirely trust Shorn—who’d he’d only met this morning. However, Kami_X could work with the people he didn’t trust just as easily as the ones he did. In fact, trusting them might even making working with them harder, since he would be entirely too lax.

#10013 gave him a thumbs up and Kami_X responded with a thumbs up. “I’ve always though Sith Lords were misunderstood.”

Grinning, Kami_X looked between everyone present and the finished food at the table, before returning his gaze to Daitan and Herald. They were an even stranger pair than Azani and her prideful bird, but Kami_X was used to strange. It was a strange era he lived in—evolved phantom and all. “Come Chiki.”

Senka glowed and flew towards Kami_X, forming a rifle that strapped itself onto the red-haired god’s back. “I’d love to stay and hang out some more, but honestly, my new regalias and I are done eating and I wanna show them to their new jobs before it gets dark.” The time when phantoms are most active. “so we’ve got to get going. Let's trade contact information.” Kami_X pulled out his phone. A human not have a phone this day and age would be even stranger. “Or that's what I would say if Herald probably didn’t already take a peek at my number when he spied on my messages~ You’ll get a courtesy text from me in a bit. If you can see my number” some didn’t “feel free to add it.”

Hacking into a regular phone of a regular human wasn’t hard for the hacker god anyway. He had a name. Daitan. That was really all he needed—unless the waiter lived under a rock, of course. But given how easily the Herald could find him, Kami_X didn’t doubt the phantom would find a way to do so if it was urgent anyway. Kami_X looked to Shorn and #4389. “Oh and let me know when you guys decide to do the naming. I’ll pop right over~”

Kami_X could see #4389 warring between her desire to stick her tongue out at him and her desire to adhere to Shorn’s request of not carrying grudges. It was all in the eyes. Kami_X chuckled. They’d be a cute couple. With a final wave at everyone present, Kami_X body digitalized as he teleported away with Ruki and Chiki in tow.

The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

Time: 3:25pm
“This is the school you two will take turns guarding.” Kami_X said as he led his two regalias down the empty halls of Shirotome high. Most of the students were in their classes, though there were a few stragglers. Walking past some busted lockers, with yellow tape around them, Kami_X pointed to each of the rooms, naming them as he went. Staff Room. Student’s Lounge. Cafeteria. Auditorium. Gymnasium. Art Classroom. Math Classes. Science classes. Library…and so on. “Ignore the fighting outside. It’s just big-name gods and phantoms having a spat.”

Kami_X hadn’t a clue why Ryuujin, Hachiman, Raijin, and so many phantoms were out on the school field, but it didn’t seem like anything a god like himself should involve himself in. Heaven’s war gods could probably handle it…though the five-eyed spider crawling up the window was rather creepy to look at.

8f9cd7f40cb71a8b428c14d8679eec21ae854a0b_00.jpg
“Shouldn’t we help?”

“It’ll probably be over soon.”
As if on cue, one of Hachiman’s arrows pierced the penta-eyed spider and it exploded in a red flash. There was also the rain of lightning.

Kami_X pulled his wide-eyed regalia away from the window and led them into Room 202. Each desk seemed to have a sleek-looking modern computer. Cases where lined with trophies. However, the most important thing of all was the set of double doors, marked by a sign that said ‘Kami_X’s Personal Space. Do Not Enter Without Permission’. “This is where my main worshippers reside, when they aren't in classes or at home, so this is the main room you’ll be protecting. It’s good to keep phantoms away from the rest of the school as well, but if you can’t for whatever reason, this room should be your main focus.”

“What about the phantom you decided to ally yourself with?”

“Ah, Herald? He’s okay. If you see that it’s one of his flock, you may let him through the borderline. Remember what I told you about how borderlines work? If you consider him a threat, he won't be able to pass through. But don't, then he will. That's why regular humans are able to cross borderlines around shrines with no problem while phantoms, like the ones you saw outside, can't. Usually.”
A weak barrier was still a weak barrier and the evolved phantoms of 10 years ago had hammered on some of the shrines of weaker gods during the war. "I mean, you wouldn't want pesky phantoms like the creepy- crawlies outside bothering the kids while they're studying, would you?"

Roka nodded.

“I want you two to draw the borderline around here.” Kami_X pointed to his closet. “And there. And there. And there. And there. And there. Draw a boundary line to cover all sides and corners of this room.”

“That’s…a lot.”

“Just follow Senka’s example.”
Kami_X waved a hand in his more experienced regalia’s direction. The regalia of a deified monk was already getting to work. “Soon I’ll have you draw borderlines in every room in this school as practice.”

“Every you say…”
Roka didn’t voice it, but Kami_X could hear the groan. The Hacker god wasn’t a regalia so he had no idea how exhausting it was to draw and maintain a borderline, but he did hear tibbits from Inari’s regalias. And Renka. He was also a sort of god that liked to learn everything he can about things…whether they were useful things to him or not. All information had value. One just needed to find the right place to use them.

“Yes every,” Kami_X replied cheerily. “I can’t make world my worshippers if we can’t at least consecrate a building~”

“I thought you weren’t serious about that…”

“Wha? When have you ever known me not to be serious~?”

“…”

“Well then, I’ll bring you a list of club members for you to memorize while you guys draw borderlines. Those are the kids you’ll mainly be protecting—my worshippers. Course, if you see a student that’s in danger from a phantom attack, it’s always a nice thing to lend them a hand as well. Make sure you mention who you work for when you do though and I might gain another worshipper~”

As Kami_X opened his closet door, a cat jumped out.

“She’s your senior at Kami_X Enterprise so make sure you take care of her.” Kami_X paused. “Oh, and there’s two other girls I want you to protect. One is a pink-haired neighbor of mine. You’ll know her when you meet her. The other is an albino human of college age. I actually have two meetings scheduled for tomorrow, one at 9 am, and the other…” Kami_X checked Sumiko’s text message. She never specified a time. Just that she wanted a meal. “Probably sometime in the evening…” He texted a quick reply.

‘Works for me. How about I pay for dinner? Text me whenever you’re free and we can meet up somewhere =)'
Dante Verren Dante Verren
(mentioned: Lucem Lucem )

Last edited:
Date: April 4th, 2030
Time: 12:20 am
Sakda, The Weaver (Phantom)
Interactions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

The calm night was something endearing, something that beckoned oneself to bask in its welcoming arms. It was still, comforting even with the moonlit skies, and the cool breeze that blew across through the grounds. As the lone onlooker atop the rooftop looked out amongst the grounds, the still night was soon to be interrupted, and the serenity it brought to be ripped apart without a second glance.

A flash of something glimmered in the moonlit sky as it soared upwards overtop the fence in the beak of a bird. A jingling could be heard echoing through the still night as the bird passed upwards and numerous amounts of glistening liquid flew off the object as it passed by. These droplets splattered across the rooftop in what seemed to be irregular patterns. Upon each droplet hitting the rooftop, the stable ground began to quiver, and shift as though something underneath had been hidden from sight.
Commission by CarrionBlossom Cutdown.jpgThis disturbance soon broke the concealment spell that laid on the rooftop, and it was just the beginning of a chain reaction. All throughout the school grounds, within the highschool, and atop the roof names seemingly emerged from nothing as though they were simply etched upon their surface. Hagaka, Michiko,
Aika were just a few that emerged from out of this nothingness. It stretched outwards, just repeating over, and over again.

Overhead, the ringing became more distinct as the bird was now doing tight circles. In its mouth was a set of small antiquated bells dangled by a small set of strings tied overtop of its beak. With everything set, and the scene properly manicured, Sakda couldn't help but laugh in enjoyment of the scene before him. A real picture, a story of someone's life, a spirit's life. The very essence of their life as a regalia sprawled out in front of them as a joke for nothing more than his own bemusement.

"Wha'cha think of my handy work, Himine, fancy ain't it?" His voice carried, but Sakda didn't wait for it to loom and become an imposing ambient sound that carried with the wind. Instead, he simply strolled up from the stairway. "Hagaka, Michiko, Aika..." he brought his hand out in front of him and begun counting, starting with his index finger, "Fuuko, Tsugusa, Tsurugi." As his second hand was out stretched with just his thumb out he halted, "Seven. I think I'll just use seven. Do you think that's enough? I can't quite say, after all, as a Nora aren't you supposed to have plenty?" He flicked up his index finger for emphasis on the seventh one, "Ain't that the truth? What do you say, Hagaka?"

Sakda stood there in front of Ame in his proper attire, adorned with the bones of many a fallen warrior, shaman, or other noteworthy figure. The bones of each individual carefully woven into the satin black fabric as a decoration, or a very poor sense of fashion. Yet, that wasn't the case at all, Sakda understood that, and it was possible others with some residual knowledge of spells did too. Bones, or other parts of the body weren't as special, but they held the residual essence of an individual. Just as ones spirit or soul was important, parts of the body held their own role as well. As such, Sakda took it upon himself to incorporate people's residual essence for his own special spell craft, whether that be curses or his specialty of dream weaving. It was the essence of those who Sakda carefully hand picked, and sacrificed that gave him the edge to overcome his boundaries. This, alongside his knowledge as a once great shaman, made him capable of influencing those with more potential than even himself. So long as he implemented it in clever ways that was.

Susafu, he was a prime example, and a proper one at that. Now, he got to meet the very regalia of the God of Heroes and Men, what a charming encounter. What a glorious time. What a fantastic achievement... "What a waste of time." Sakda sighed underneath his breath, "You," he flicked his hand towards Ame, "What's your deal? A great nora, one who works for the very heavens, and you're out here..." He makes a gesture at herself and her outfit, "What, working a corner? Heels, makeup, and who knows what else." He let out another disgruntled noise, "What, help me out here, Michiko. I set this grand stage for the great nora, Fuuko, of the heavens! Instead, here's undercover shenanigans! It's too much, Aika, just what were you thinking Tsurugi." He feigned a brief moment of exuberance, as he added emphasis to his actions, before he fell back into his deadpanned look.

He pulled his headpiece off, his fingers stuck in the eye sockets of that skull that decorated it. He hung it upon a broken link from the fence that surrounded the rooftop, and the red satin cloth blew in the wind as it sat there. It was only then, that Sakda began to approach her. "I think I understand though Tsugusa. I finally understand," He wagged his finger towards her enthusiastically, "You might just figure this out yet. After all, I know the very things that you have been trying to uncover. Susafu, God of Heroes and Men, it should ring a bell, after all you are Ame aren't you?" He spread his arms out in a broad gesture as though the answer didn't matter at all.

Time: 7:35 pm​
Miu (Regalia)
Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen )
Miu.jpg
Miu tilted her head to the side while Azani told her story of Enma. While it might have made sense to another god or maybe even a mortal it just confused Miu. How could one not worry about contradictions? If your entire existance is based around the stories told about you by mortal's wouldn't you want the details to be exact and precise. If someone started a legend about Miu which in all honestly someone probably should, the phantom regalia would want every detail to be accurate. She would go so far as to personally correct any inconsistencies herself if she had to. That was her legend, her story, and she would be damned if she would let any halfwits mess it up. No one messes with her pride and joy. A though occurred to Miu... even though she doesn't have her own legend Azani does. Maybe she should start correcting any contradictions in her legend with Miu's own non biased knowledge.

Seeing Azani's hand extended forward Miu reached out and grabbed it with her own hand, returning Azani's smile with one of her own as well. Despite her smile there was still something that bugged her at the back of her mind. Humans wrote about the demons of myth, and the demons were most likely phantoms. If Enma condemned people to hell and turned them into demons were those demons in the old myths the people he condemned? This led to another question that buzzed around in the back of her mind.. What were her own origin... not the origins of how she became a regalia but how did she become a phantom? Was Miu at one point just like one of these people that were condemned to hell or was she something different?

Date: April 3rd 2030
Time: 3:30pm​
Yuya Sumiko (Spirtual Human)
Interactions: Kami_X ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Director of Europe.jpg
Sumiko sat leaning back into her desk chair at home, the first of the coding books in hand. Having pretty much the rest of the day free she decided to start with the coding books first. Since her sister lent them to her she wanted to make sure she didn't procrastinate and keep them for too long. To sum up her current status on the book it amounted to basically not much. Sure she had only been at this for about an hour, or hour and a half. None of it made any sense to her. She got the basics of code is made up by 1's and 0's but everything else was starting to mess with her head. She had none this was going to be complicated but didn't expect herself to be this bad at it. Not as much knowledge that she had gotten from her sister growing up had stuck.

Sighing she set the book down and rubbed her eyes. Now was probably a good time for a well deserved break. Standing up she walked over to her fridge and opened it up, grabbing a random can of soda and closing the fridge with a quick bump of her hip. Taking her drink back with her she sat back down on her chair and grabbed her phone, intending to do a little web searching before going back into the study grind. Looking at her phone she saw a notification from Kami_X and swiftly unlocked he device. Reading the reply she smiled a bit and typed out a response. "Free around 6 pm tomorrow. Ramen please, but since you are paying you can choose the place. If that doesn't work for you we can find another time on the weekend?". Hitting send she took a sip of her drink and went back to the book for round 2.

b3737022db270aac00a12521e24fe05a.jpg
  • God of Trickery, Performers, & Thieves
    Time: 7:31 pm
    Mentions: Karcen Karcen (Madness Phantom); Haze- Haze- (Nox)
    A Special Audience At first, Nomoto's initial thought was: "Oh this got creepy real quick."

His second thought was: "Oh, well, that was unexcepted."

His third thought was: "Oh, crap."

All in that order. The initial song and dance did not alarm him as much as the words the phantom spoke before producing her own little musical show. Nomoto liked music as much as the next person. Even more so as he could play the guitar and piano pretty well. But the fact that a phantom was holding a god hostage or feasting upon a god did not sit well with him.

For once, he might have to ask for the aid of other gods. This was a serious situation indeed, and one he may not be able to solve alone. Not only that, but the ease this phantom had taken to possess the two humans was alarming enough by itself, much more everything he had learned.

For now, he kept a poker face, smiling and clapping all the while.

"Bravo!"

Then things got dicey. Real dicey, real quick. Another phantom and the god of tricksters got a sense that this one was of similar skill and power as the more musically-inclined phantom. One phantom Nomoto could handle. Two? Not so much, especially two whom could give a god a run for his or her money. Especially one without a regalia.

Time to leave, before either decided to tag team together and make a meal out of this particularly handsome ginger. Better safe and sorry, especially in this case. Besides, perhaps one of the other gods held information as to a recently missing deity. Someone had to know something.

Time for him to bounce.

"Well, you two obviously have something to work out, and I've got wishes to fulfill, so if you'll so kindly excuse me, sir and madam."

A briefest flash of smile could be seen as he took a bow.

Then, he simply ceased to be. Gone to another place. Away.

Maybe the pair of phantoms and the lonely god would meet again. Who was to say for sure what could happen next?

Date: April 3rd
Time: 3: 25 p.m.​

Raijin(God) + Ryuujin(God)
king-aikatsu-53757.jpg
(Ikazuchi)

“I’ll have you know, my eyesight’s perfect!” Raijin huffed, twirling the drumsticks in his hands as Ikazuchi and Uroko exchanged polite greetings with the formal Yumi. Unbothered by Hachiman’s friendly display, the red haired thunder god scowled at the smirking Ryuujin from behind one of his newer regalias, a modern-looking drum set. Unlike his twin, who only ever stuck with his dusty wind-bag, Raijin tended to swap between regalias every now and then, giving all his band members a chance to shine on the battlefield stage. Ruchi had been named during the time when punk rock entered Japan. “That tramp’s just fast and Ruchi’s been a little off beat lately.”

397a1a8a250ee31b879f116a6089bd93.jpg
(Ruchi)
At the sound of her name, both the drum and the accompanying sticks became a woman with short dark hair and leather jacket who shrugged before moving to stand beside Ikazuchi (who carried the boom box). She lit a cigarette. “If she weren’t fast, I don’t believe she would’ve evaded Heaven’s punishment for so long, Kaminari-sama.”

“True! Three gods present and she still managed to get away!”
Raijin laughed.

“This isn’t a laughing matter, Raijin” Ryuujin growled. “Why are you even here?”

“You think I’d let you keep the bounty on her head all for yourself?”
Raijin smirked, flicking his spiked red hair. “Our temperamental water-snake skips meetings to go playing in the near shore and you don’t think other gods wouldn’t notice? I don’t care what kind of personal grudge you have against her. She’s an enemy of the Heaven’s so she’s free dibs.”

Sauntering forward to the area where the portal to the Underworld closed and Nikushimi disappeared, the thunder god stomped on it with his foot. “Reporting to the Heavens won’t do much. You think they don’t know that she, and the other phantoms that work with her, are a menace that must be gotten rid of? Who knows the sort of things our enemies are plotting down there? They attacked us first, after all, and they’re liable to try again so long as they’re still alive. That’s why I suggested we go down there to purge every, single last one of them. Eliminate our enemies before they get the chance to re-group and try again. But of course, the cowardly bureaucrats of Heaven won’t even consider stepping foot down to the land of the dead.”

“Yeah, because they aren’t stupid.”

Raijin snorted. "You really have become the tamed dragon of the Heavens, haven't you? Listened to Tsukuyomi for so long that you’ve lost your balls?”

“I don’t need to hear that from a Kanon-whipped Hell-spawn,”
Ryuujin snarled.

“Come Ruchi!” “Come Uroko!”

At the simultaneous call, a trident flew into Ryuujin’s hand at the same time a drum set appeared before Raijin. However, unlike their gods seemed ready for a fight, the regalias weren't so eager.

I don’t think this is a good idea, Milord.

Kanon-sama won’t be impressed when she hears of your brutish display, Kaminari-sama.

00-featured-ren-anime.jpg
Face turning a bit red at the mention of Kanon, Raijin slipped the drumsticks into his pockets of his leather jacket and cleared throat. “Well, whatever. I’ve still got work to do looking into the missing gods for Amaterasu-henka anyway. Adding a bit more to the report couldn’t hurt, though I wouldn’t get my hopes up if I were you. Getting Heaven to act is like trying to squeeze water from a stone. We of the army” or his squadron at least “know the war is far from over, and that Heaven’s enemies are still out there, likely having escaped to Yomi, but most of the gods up there want to maintain their so-called ‘peace’ so they're willing to close their eyes to the survivors and any ‘minor’ threats they may pose if it means an end to the fighting. It's all good as long as they're trapped down there~”

Rolling his eyes as he mimicked one of the comments during the meeting, Raijin looked between the two gods and changed the subject. “Hachiman always seems to have business with humans, so I’m not surprised with him, but you should really return to Heaven before you suffer from what I like to call near-shore-far-shore time lag, Ryuujin. Heaven’s not as bad as Yomi, but it’ll probably be a bit disorienting for someone like you who likes to hole himself up in his Underwater domain.”

That reminds me, Ryuujin-sama, Ryotaro wanted to take us somewhere as a favor for his detective efforts.

Take us where? I don’t owe him any favors and if he wanted something why am I hearing this from you?

It’s your decision, Milord
Uroko replied passively. But we wouldn’t have found our phantom so quickly without their involvement nor gotten as close to catching them as we have. We don’t know if Ryotaro or Rika made it home safely either.

Ryuujin nodded. It was true that the phantom likely evolved because of the human detective, but it was also true that finding one specific phantom—evolved or not—in a big city was no easy task. Not even Tsukuyomi could divine for him exact location of his former exemplar and he’d re-sorted to making deals with evolved phantoms if it meant finding his target within his allotted time-limit:

"My name? Ryuujin. Or Watasumi, but I have a preference for Ryuujin. You’re not bad for a phantom," strength-wise. "But you’re not the one I’m looking for and I promised a certain moon god I wouldn’t neglect my duties for too long so I don't have the time to be playing around with you. " Sigh. "Tell you, what? If you can help me find my phantom, I’ll give you a reward. A treasure or request of any kind that doesn’t involve harm to me, my allies, or any resident of the near shore. Since you’re a phantom, I assume you’ll know where phantoms like to hang out and you’ll be able to interact with them more easily. Just leave a note on the Fujigasaki Ryuujin Shrine near lake Biwa whenever you find him and I’ll return the favor. Phantom or not, I’m the kind of ruler that keeps his promises."

Peckinou Peckinou

Fact of the matter was, Ryuujin cared more about concluding things with his former regalia than any laws of Heaven. He hadn’t wanted others involved in a personal matter, but, while didn’t think his initial judgement was wrong, a small part of him had wanted Ryotaro to be right as well. That same part appreciated the human’s willingness to give Towako a chance. “I’ve technically still a got a bit of time left until my vacation ends.”

“Is that so?”
Raijin shrugged. “Up to you. The gossipers up in Heaven will probably make up all kinds of stories about why you’re playing in the near shore, but I assume you’re used to by now, eh Bird-Crushing King? Try not to let your skin dry out. Water-less places aren't good for sea snakes from what I hear.”

“Just go away already,”
Ryuujin growled as Raijin and his regalias teleported away. Golden eyes turned to the redhead with the dove on his shoulder. “If you got something to do, don’t let me stop you. Uroko and I have some loose ends to tie up as well.”

They didn’t end up accomplishing what they came to the near shore to do, but the vacation itself wasn’t bad. He got to experience many things he wouldn’t have if he’d remained in the palace. “…I think I understand a bit of why you enjoy interacting with humans, Hachiman. Just a little though.”

That was the last thing the god of the sea said before he also teleported away with his silver-haired companion.

Time: 3:40pm​

Rika Murakami (Human)
250px-SCSakuya.png
Rika took the blank talisman form Ryotaro’s fingers, staring at it quizzically. “Do I just write Ryuujin’s name on it like Mizuki said?”

She still only a basic understanding of how onmyodo worked and her grandfather had really only ever worshipped one god. Supposedly her ancestors of the Matsuo line practiced it, but knowledge was only ever passed down by word of mouth, and even her grandfather only had a limited understanding of it. Her grandfather told her that spiritual powers were derived from faith as well…but it wasn’t as if Rika could make herself believe in a god. Even with Ryotaro explaining it out all so factually, as if he were an onmyoji himself, Rika couldn’t quite get a grasp of how such sorcery worked since she really only copied the rituals her grandfather did. Did Ryuujin have any poems about him? Did the words even matter?

The way Mizuki phrased it, it sounded like she was stealing a god’s powers, which—knowing how much Ryuujin loved thievery—didn’t really bode well for her safety. “I’m surprised you know about an obscure god like Nagi.” The minor dosajin diety’s name couldn’t really be found in common textbooks or literature and the shrines dedicated to him, small blips along the roads compared to the more well-known travel-related deities. In fact, the only documented mention of his name was in copies of old Japanese poems written during the Edo period—which old men like her grandfather liked to read. “I guess you like old poetry as well." Then again, Ryotaro did seem like the guy to research obscure stuff for the heck of it. "I’ve never met him, but I’ve talked with his ser--regalia, Tatsume-san.” Until Ryotaro interrupted them. “If he really is dying, then I think Tatsume-san has the right to know.”

It saddened her to think of the old regalia that tended Nagi’s empty shrine alone. Tatsume had told her the same thing. That she should dedicate her prayers elsewhere. What about Uzume? The dawn goddess of mirth, happiness, and dance was someone she had a good relationship with. Or used to have a good relationship with. Rika didn’t know anymore. She’d thought Uzume-chan was the one that abandoned her, but had she been the one to abandon Uzume-chan? “But you’re right of course. It’s hard to do anything the way I am now…”

Could she truly convince others to believe in a goddess she didn’t entirely believe in herself? She knew Azani was real, but she didn’t know for certain if Azani intended, or even had the power, to do the things she claimed she wanted to do. The goddess didn’t sound entirely like the merciful sort either, given how jaded she sounded about sending a person to ‘eternal torture’. How much faith did the little goddess need? Was there an exact quantity of people she needed to convince or was it something that had to be done through generations? Even then, Rika was only able to believe what she could see. How could she tell people that souls where being saved through prayer when they had no way to verify it for themselves? Was not having any reason to doubt a good enough reason to trust?

…Yet not doing anything about it didn’t bode well for her either.

c0ea08c2af70951b53bb22f30e9bda1a7a1a083d_00.jpg

“What are you trying to do? Please tell me it's not something idiotic again.”

Rika gave a yelp, spilling a bit of hot tea over herself as she caught the tea cup she'd tossed up in shock. Uroko responded quickly, the fish spirit murmuring something so the liquid cooled on her skin. The silver haired regalia then gave her a handkerchief, which Rika used to wipe the mess. Ryuujin rolled his eyes before looking towards Ryotaro.

“Uroko tells me that you have something to show us before we leave. I’m not so stingy of a god that I can’t answer such a simple request from a mortal whose offered us his services.” The dragon god sighed. Mizuki may have gotten away in the end, but important information was obtained and I nearly managed to catch a phantom that Heaven has put a hefty bounty on—if not for the idiot’s interference—thanks to your efforts…” In all honesty, a greater reward was due and he’d given his subjects more for less. The kids weren’t even his subjects. Regardless of what the detective said, their ‘deal’ had been done with the pair’s first attempt at exorcism and the rest was all offered services. Whether it’d been for his own satisfaction or not, Ryuujin was the one that got the greater gain in the end. The dragon god wasn’t so blind that he didn’t see that. Or the subtle signs of pain the kid tried to mask. “…so thanks.”

It was the first time he’d ever remembered saying that to human—granted few humans he encountered gave him reason to. His past incarnations probably said it a lot more.

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
Time: 3:40 p.m.​

Ryotaro Hirai
Ryo made no attempt to hide his laughter when Ryuujin's sudden appearance caused Rika to let out a funny little noise. Still holding his sides, he turned to the one responsible for the outburst, smirk on his face. "I would've preferred if you knocked first, but I got to see something amusing, so I'll forgive you." Despite how his reaction made it seem, he was surprised to see the aquatic pair once again, albeit not as much as his classmate was. If not for the dragon's next words, he would've thought Rika's statement about Ryuujin coming at him with a pitchfork became reality.

Honestly, he hadn't expected the god to show him gratitude. It wasn't because he thought someone like Ryuujin would be too proud or stubborn to thank a human. Ryo simply didn't think any of his actions made him deserving of those words. He considered his part in this to be over, the results and his questionable motivations making any further interaction unnecessary. Hearing Ryuujin thank him caused many different emotions to well up inside of him, none of which showed on the face that only knew how to smile. However, those words let him know that this case was truly over, just like they always did. Those were the words he waited to hear every single time he did this, signaling that it was time for him to step away from everything. Although, for better or worse, he wasn't a person who just accepted gratitude.

Smile widening, Ryo stood up and walked towards his bedroom door, leaving Uroko to deal with his tea-stained acquaintance. "Well, if you insist, I'll accept your thanks and my reward." Without a shred of modesty, he jumped at the opportunity to cash in the favor Ryuujin owed him and slipped inside his room, quickly changing out of his wet clothes and into something warm. If he saw an opportunity, he'd take it without hesitation. That's the kind of greedy guy he was. "In any case, I'm glad you two made it back safe."

A few moments later, Ryo stepped outside fully dressed and prepared to take on the rain once again, his still drying hair now tied back. With two umbrellas in hand, he approached Rika and handed her the jacket draped over his arm. "Sorry, I'm gonna need you to stick with me for a little while longer. I can take you home right after I'm finished with these guys. Just try to be careful with that jacket. That's my only spare, and I'd prefer if nothing happened to it." Unfortunately, he'd have to make do with just a long sleeve shirt for now. It was the curse of being a gentleman.

With that out of the way, Ryo marched toward the front door, motioning for everyone to follow him outside. "I hope you guys are ready. We're going on a little field trip." He called it that, but the place they'd be visiting wasn't nearly as exciting as somewhere like the zoo.

Time: 4:30 p.m.​

The rain made it a little difficult to see in front of him, but he had no problem getting around. He had walked down this stone pathway countless times, just staring at his own feet as he sought refuge beneath a red umbrella. While the cold weather brought him some discomfort, it was oddly soothing for him. The sound of water crashing against the earth and crimson paper made the splashing waves in his head sound more distant, helping him think and find clarity. He was tempted to just close his eyes and let his legs carry him where he needed to go, but faint blue trails of light cut through the veil of precipitation and caught his eye.

With a soft smile on his face, he followed the trail until the faint light became blindingly bright. Standing still, he poked at the small spirit floating in front of him. "What're you doing out here in the rain, Sasaki?" The fuzzy-looking orb said nothing, but it drifted a little closer, having no other way to respond. "What about Noboru? Finally pass on?" Once again, there was no response, but Ryo continued to speak as if he could hear the spirit. "You should really think about doing the same. It's gotta be boring just waiting around here all the time." There used to be many of them in this place, but their numbers had dwindled over the last year. Of course, he had a hand in that.

It had been a long time since he first started talking to the spirits that called this cemetery their home. Although, it was a stretch to say he was actually conversing with them. The closest they got to an actual conversation was the transfer of information that occurred whenever he touched their remnants. That was the only way they could convey the things they wanted to say. Their names, thoughts, emotions, and problems were all passed to him. He got to know them, talked to them, and helped them. Sasaki, Noboru, Chika, Yui, Remi, and many others shared their lives with him in this place. It wasn't quite the same as talking with living humans, but he didn't treat these interactions any differently. There was even a time when he thought they were the only ones he could truly talk to. However, he eventually came to the realization that it was just a boy's wishful thinking. Like all others, these interactions ended when he was able to help someone. When they were finally able to pass on, that was the end. It was his job to help them get to that point. That was all.

After ushering the spirit under a nearby tree to shield them from the rain that couldn't possibly soak their nonexistent body, he waved goodbye and kept moving. He came here to speak with someone else, so he couldn't spend much time with the spirits today. He was sure they'd understand, since the person he was visiting was very important. If they weren't, he wouldn't have brought guests.

Eventually, Ryo stopped walking and knelt down in front of one of the many headstones. There was nothing special about this one, made from the same materials as all the others. However, it was easy to pick out, even without being able to see the name carved into the gray surface. It was marred by wet dirt, the inscription almost unreadable as muddy water dripped from top to bottom. The incense burned out a long time ago, and the small vase of flowers had been smashed, leaving torn petals scattered around the base. All Ryo could do was sigh, having grown used to this and left only with the feeling of mild annoyance. "Ah, geez. Just look at yourself. I brought guests this time, so you could at least make yourself look more presentable." Grumbling to himself, Ryo began wiping away the dirt with his sleeve and picked up the broken glass at his feet.

While many things had been repaired in the wake of the violence that erupted ten years ago, plenty of other things remained damaged. Unlike physical objects, things like relationships and a sense of security weren't as easy to mend. The same went for his father's reputation. He used to be loved by the community he supported for so long, but because he insisted on crossing dangerous lines and tried to repair what others wanted to stay broken, he lost that love. As he rebuilt shrines and tried to preach peace, he earned the ire of people who wanted to see the old world burn. Because of that, the people who wanted to live their quiet lives and avoid trouble turned their backs on him, ignoring anything that may have put them in AFAH's crosshairs. While much of that disappeared along with the anti-religious organization, some continued to express themselves by doing things like this. Even if they couldn't hold on to their destructive ideals like they used to, they could still hold on to their grudges.

"I paid good money for this plot. The workers could at least do a better job of keeping it clean." Along with the costs of keeping his business running, he was also trying to manage the debt he incurred when his uncle paid for his father's burial. No matter what happened, it seemed like he'd always be paying for something. Being the eldest son could be a real pain sometimes.

After cleaning the gravestone and using his extra umbrella to shield it from the rain, Ryo stood straight and wiped the dirt from his hands. Turning on his heels, he faced the group of three with a grin and stretched out his arms, as if he was presenting the grave as a fabulous prize on a game show. "Allow me to introduce the most important man in the world and your reason for standing out in the cold, Seiichi Hirai! Yay!" His claps were deafened by the rain, but it had little effect on his enthusiasm, the detective waiting for his lovely audience to join him with their applause for a man they never heard of.

"Well, I say that, but he's just some old guy who didn't know when to quit and paid the price for it." Despite the somewhat harsh words that came out of his mouth, Ryo spoke lovingly. "I never got the chance to ask him myself, but I think he really wanted to meet people like you. It might be a little late, but I wanted to help him see the things he couldn't."

Squatting in front of the grave, Ryo poked at the inscription. "What do you think, Pops? Your son has friends in high places. High as Heaven." While he had a photo of his father back at the office, that wasn't quite the same as bringing Ryuujin and Uroko here. He could talk to a photo, but that's all it was. The only times he felt like his father could truly hear him were when he visited this place. This was the only place he could really have those conversations he regretted not having ten years ago. However, it was just a feeling and nothing more. In reality, nobody was listening.

There were no remnants here. Because they weren't here, that meant his father wasn't here either. He'd only seen them once when he picked the bones from his father's ashes. However, he didn't want to see them back then. He hated seeing them so much that he closed his eyes for the rest of the service, trying to run away from the feeling of being watched and judged. He just couldn't stand It. When he opened his eyes, those traces of his father were gone and they never came back.

Whether he was talking to a photo or a pile of ashes, nobody would be listening. Still, for whatever reason, he continued to come here and speak to no one, as if his father's spirit was watching him. If there was the smallest chance of that being true, then he wanted to make sure his father heard him clearly. Even if he had to yell everything until his throat was raw, he wanted his father to hear. He finally found a piece of what Seichii Hirai was looking for, and he wanted to show him.

"And that's it. I would've liked to get my hands on some of the treasure you've got stored in that castle, but I can't be too greedy here, considering how much I screwed up. This'll have to be enough." Raising his umbrella, Ryo turned to face the two men and flashed a grin. "Until next time, that is."

Standing straight, Ryo stretched out his arms and let out a yawn. Walking away from the grave, he approached Rika and pointed to the path that led back to the entrance. "Alright then, case closed. I'm starving. Feel like grabbing something to eat? Or I can just take you home. Your call." After three days of dealing with phantoms, gods, and rain, he just wanted to eat a warm meal and get some sleep. Spirit detectives didn't get time off, so he still needed to wake up early for a new day of school and whatever the people of Kyoto hired him for.

"Oh, almost forgot." Looking over his shoulder, Ryo faced the two men once again. Things may not have gone as smoothly as he wanted, and he had to suffer a lot of headaches before he could consider this case closed, but he didn't think any of the time he spent was wasted. The payment for all his hard work wasn't exactly glamorous either, but he found it to be a fitting end. This started with him talking to these two in the rain, and here he was again. "Thanks for coming, Ryuujin, Uroko."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 4:30pm​

Rika Murakami (Human)
250px-SCSakuya.png

Protected from the pouring rain under the shade of an umbrella, Rika offered her prayers to the gravestone. She didn’t really have a god to pray to, nor did she know Seiichi Hirai very well, but she offered her wishes nonetheless. She thanked him for bringing her friend to the world and hoped he would continue to watch over his son—who tried too hard for his own good. The cheeriness and the false bravado was so obviously faked in their austere setting that Ryotaro’s attempts seemed almost comical. However, Rika didn’t laugh and Ryuujin, fortunately, didn’t either otherwise—all-powerful god or not—would’ve found an opportunity to deck him between the eyes. The god and regalia pair remained politely silent throughout the introduction and Rika couldn’t tell what they were thinking at all.

She could see the spirits Ryotaro greeted—fuzzy flakes floating around—as well as the detective did. Pure souls that lingered around in the near shore just like her friend Momo. However, unlike Momo, the spirits took on a different form. Momo told her there were many reasons for this. Smaller forms were easier to hide from phantoms in. As flakes, they didn’t need to worry about hunger or the cold. It made it easier for them to wander, and wander, and wander, until they found homes, got eaten by phantoms, or simply ceased to exist.

Tatsume and Uroko were spirits as well. Regalias that served and found homes with gods. However, like in the case of Mizuki, regalias could become phantoms as well. Was that what happened when souls were ‘devoured’? They became part of the phantom? But then…what of the evolved phantoms? According to what Ryuujin said at the hotel, they were a ‘new breed’ that first started appearing 10 years ago. Phantom ‘evolution’ became a thing. What was ‘evolution’ exactly and what did it do the soul? Mizuki said he remembered all his lives.

And he chose phantom-hood.

There was nothing Ryotaro could do about the former regalia’s choice. Perhaps he could’ve conveyed his words better. Or perhaps he could’ve done things differently that the white-haired human-like phantom didn’t feel cornered and tricked (even though that had been the goal?). Maybe if Ryuujin had successfully killed/exorcised phantom the ‘spirit’ would’ve been saved? Rika didn’t know. Gods said one thing, phantoms said another, and, according Mizuki, gods were liars. But then, everyone lied to themselves…just a little bit…to keep going. Ryotaro did, evidently. Rika liked to think herself and honest person, but she remembered the lie she told her father the morning of the ‘exorcism’ to help Kenji.

Ryotaro’s lies were an attempt at doing good, but the phantom twisted it into something negative. Mizuki chose to believe in the bad of others rather than the good. Realistically, the world was full of bad people and tragic events. Rika couldn’t have imagined Seiichi Hirai’s death to be natural and peaceful given the age at which he died. She didn’t think he would’ve wanted to die, leaving behind a son to handle everything on his own. Yet still happened…and the family left behind were left to grieve. Humans took lives. Phantoms look lives. Gods like Azani and Ryuujin took lives. When Ryuujin talked about Heaven to Azani, he’d called the gods up there ‘hypocrites’ as well—just like Mizuki had. Seemed the god and the former regalia weren’t that different at all.

“If leaving a trinket here will make you feel better about it, I don’t mind bringing something. Next time.” Ryuujin echoed Ryotaro’s words.

Rika snorted. “I hear you’re loaded, so I’m sure the high and mighty king of Ryugu-jo could afford more than a trinket to put on a gravestone.”

“Human customs are strange,”

Rika rolled her eyes. She could choose to believe Ryuujin’s comment was an insult at humanity. Or believe it was simply Ryuujin being Ryuujin and he was simply voicing his agreement in the only way the delinquent sea god knew how. In the end, it was her choice. Perhaps she was thinking too hard about it. Faith was simply choosing to believe. She’d chosen to believe in Ryotaro, even with some of his questionable choices. It’d be hypocritical of her not to believe to believe in the good of Ryuujin or Azani, despite their flaws as well. And Mizuki? It was hard to say. He’d threatened them, again and again, yet neither of them were dead. Yet. Rika still got the psychopathic, serial-killer vibe from him. He still oozed negativity and called phantoms without consideration towards the lives of others. He still creeped her out more than Ryuujin and all his yelling/growling could…but he could still be reasoned with. He adhered to certain ‘principals’ and didn’t kill Ryotaro even though that hateful look at end made it seem unlikely that there would be a next time.

There were simply some people hard to believe in an phantoms—entities of negativity—where probably the hardest of them all. Ryuujin had called them ‘spirits of aramitama’, but even he hadn’t really known how phantoms ‘evolve’, so it was hard to say how credible the king’s words were. He had his own reasons for not liking phantoms. Rika couldn’t say she had very many reasons to believe in them either…but Ryotaro seemed to. Or rather, he tried very hard to.

She looked to Ryotaro who approached her cheerily about food. “Seems not knowing when to quit runs in the family.”

Not bothering to explain her comment, Rika grinned at the detective friend. “Home please. I think I’ve imposed on you long enough. If anything, I should be one inviting you my house for dinner.”

She didn’t have to work—yet—and still had a dad to pay the bills, even if he wasn’t home very often. If anything, she ought be the one providing the food. Her fridge was full, after all, and watching her classmate cook didn’t look too hard…

“In fact, I insist. It’s only fair that I pay you back for all I’ve eaten at your house.”

Hearing him thank Ryuujin and Uroko, Rika glanced by to do as well. However, by the time she did, god and regalia were gone as if they’d never been there in the first place. There was only a grave and lots of rain.

Lucem Lucem

Date:April 4th 2030
Time:12:23am
Ame(Regalia)
47DB896E-2025-417A-AC23-8CCA54E64767.jpeg

Her thoughts were enveloped with ceaseless branching scenarios of the future. Where she would go from here and would she be able to accomplish what she had come to Kyoto to do. It had only been a few days but she felt that she would know more than she did by now at least. Little did she know the beginning to her answer was coming as she stood alone amongst the night.
Ame felt the pressure of spiritual energy before she noticed the glimmering in the distance as it accelerated the liquid falling like congealed rain droplets against the roofs cement.
The girl took a step back to dodge one as it oozed into being the names appearing like graffiti all along the the walls and under her feet. Her eyes widened as she noticed the bird that circled overhead just like her vision.
She half expected to fall now but all that came was the rumbling of the foundation as she steadied herself against the fencing of the rooftop. His voice was the next thing as it echoed all around until he made his grand entrance. He spoke sadistically pleased with his own little performance but Ame could not appreciate the sentiment as he rambled off several of her names....she scoffed interrupting the phantom warrior covered in bones.
Her iris tensed as her hands clenched into fists.
“You have no right to use those names!”
The regalia responded threateningly as she was about to take a step forward he replied with the last one....Hagaka.
Her advance faltered as she stumbled back against her heels luckily the fence behind her kept her from all out falling as the Noras breathing quickened and her vision clouded as the demon continued rambling.
It seemed to click all at once, he was assuming responsibility for Ude’s disappearance...he had done something to him. He took Ude away from her.
Sakda was so nonchalant about it seeming to insinuate that her losing a few didn’t matter since she had more. This caused her to clench her teeth in frustration as she slammed a fist against the fence.

“If you did anything to him I will kill you..”
Her voice however failed her sounding small and insignificant as the phantom continued his illustrious tirade gesturing toward her and her outfit as she allowed a defeated sigh to emanate from her a tear falling from her cheek joining the pavements artistry.
"You”he flicked his hand towards Ame, "What's your deal? A great nora, one who works for the very heavens, and you're out here..." He makes a gesture at herself and her outfit, "What, working a corner? Heels, makeup, and who knows what else." He let out another disgruntled noise, "What, help me out here, Michiko. I set this grand stage for the great nora, Fuuko, of the heavens! Instead, here's undercover shenanigans! It's too much, Aika, just what were you thinking Tsurugi."
“Stop...just shut up”
Her words sounded more terse now as her eyes started to focus more as her sadness and frustration began to fall away and turn into a more primal emotion.
However it was once he mentioned the gods of heroes and men that she snapped her eyes rising to meet the approaching phantom who could less what her answer was. The now orange iris were filled with anger and steeled in resolve as she formed the halberd symbol with her right forefinger and index.

“You will tell me what you have done to Susanoo ,and you will take back everything you just said. You don’t deserve to speak of him. You don’t deserve to say my name...you call me a whore?? Your just trash underneath my heel. And you have just approached a fight you will not walk away from!!! Borderline!”
She exasperated as she thrust her fingertips forward the beam of light soaring towards the phantom at blinding speed as if a spear had been thrown. The Nora didn’t wait however as she sprinted forward beginning to close the distance tossing two more horizontal borderlines as she jumped and spun into a roundhouse kick aimed for the phantoms right side. Her eyes burned with rage and hostile intent, her muscles tensed and poised as she distributed her body weight for speed and precision. Whether she hit or not she would land on her heels turning to deliver a back handed fist.
The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

Time: 12:24 am​
Interactions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

A manic grin grew upon Sakda's face as the evident rage grew upon the Regalia before him, "Yes, yes!" He couldn't help but laugh as she continued to lose her cool, "This is what I expect of a tool, a Nora, a weapon of the Heavens!" Sakda reached to his waist, and withdrew his own weapon, a Janbiya, carved from the rib of a man whose life was surrounded by faith. It's custom curved blade ended with a serrated edge, and was covered in numerous symbols that spread across it. The very blade began to sear into Sakda's hand as he held it. "Dispatch your very emotions," he held it loosely in his fingertips, flipping it to his non-dominant hand. "AND FACE ME!" Commission by CarrionBlossom Cutdown.jpg

Sakda readied himself as the first borderline came with an astonishing speed, Glorious, but he gracefully twisted around it with serpent like precision. It tore through its way through his clothing, but didn't touch his skin, "Astonishing!" His manic grin turned wicked as he saw her running forward towards him with several more borderlines on the way, "Perfect!" The borderlines closed in on Sakda...

He, however, didn't move.

These two borderlines tore through the air towards him, and he poised himself. These two were quick, brilliant in his mind, it was a culmination of her determination... her very drive to exorcise him. Ducking through beneath the one horizontal borderline, Sakda felt it rip across his shoulder, it was needed. He had to be quick, focused, just as she was not. It was required, absolutely necessary, he had to do what she could not with her blinded rage.

This second borderline was close. Sakda flicked the blade that continued to sear away his very phantom being in his non-dominant hand, and in a extremely bright flash, her borderline shattered apart as it met his blade. The fragments of the borderline flew outwards, their shattered pieces spiraling out of control, they sliced through the rooftop leaving heavy grooves in their place. Some had even ripped their way through the ceiling and into the school halls below.

This blinding light slowed down Sakda's reaction for what was to soon come. Plumes of smoke even began to flow from Sakda's hand as the blade hung mid swing in the air, its symbols glowing furiously as it traveled in an arc upwards. The smell of burnt skin wafted through the air, and his dominant hand traveled towards her roundhouse kick. These two actions, albeit meaningless alone, together caused Sakda to fail at his initial plan. To catch the round-house, and lead into a vicious counter had not culminated.

Ame's own plan rang out, and her back handed fist came across Sakda's cheekbone. He didn't stagger however. He grimaced, and took a wide step back from her, "Splendid!" He ran his up towards his chin as he examined Ame closely. He took in her appearance, what he saw in her strength, her overall size, and her emotions as they hung on display between them. "So, you really can move. Such speed. I expect nothing less of a Nora. Even more so, a great Nora. The very Regalia Ame, and her well known vessel Kusanaki!" He held his bone carved blade loosely in front of him, "You aren't the only one with a batch of tricks miss Tsurugi, vessel of the very Goddess of the sun! This weapon is forged from the ribs of a Bodhisattva." The once grey smoke was quickly turning black now as it continued to sear away at him, but he didn't let the pain show on his own expression, instead focusing intently on her. "A gift given to me by someone fond of my work. A weapon forged from a person worthy of Buddhahood. What will break first, a weapon of true faith or your puny attempts at offense."

He laughed menacingly, he brought his hand to his forehead. It being an exaggerated 'oh woe is me' motion, mocking the man who died, "OH what a pity!" He then swiftly pointed the blade towards Ame, the blackened smoke from his burning hand following along with his movement. "You're a small lost child with no home, this is no fight! It's a soon to be slaughter!" He growled the final words through his teeth, and Sakda rushed at Ame now with no hesitation, "Isn't that right, Hagaka!?" He let his weapon hand hang low, prepared to intercept another potential borderline. He then thrust his free hand outwards towards Ame, a palm-strike aimed for her sternum. "Abandon your purity, SPIRIT! EMBRACE YOUR TRUE EMOTIONS, AND HOLD NOTHING BACK!" A well of spiritual energy gathered in the strike that was heading towards her, the tainted blessings of Kamuy-Huci coming to the surface. An essence, a trap that still lingers, bound to him despite abandoning his mortal body to become the phantom he is today.

Last edited:
Time: 12:22 am​

Kami_X (God) + Momo (Free Spirit) + Roka (Regalia)
Kami_X dreamt of happier times. He knew it was dream because his dad was there, typing away on his laptop—the one Kami_X still kept—as he wrote up a code of some kind. Yuto Mori never knew that someone was there in the laptop watching. Reading the lines of code being written. Fixing the bugs and errors he saw. It was like a game between them. He would deduce which server the human wanted to invade, based on the scripts he read, then proceed to crack any firewalls blocking the man’s path for him. It was fun. The more challenging the security the better. Even if he and his human creator never spoke, they shared a thrill of victory every time Kami_X succeeded in their hacking endeavors. Together they were Kami_X and together they would be the best hacker in the world.

That was the plan at least.

EUZ6vnIXYAM28jr.jpg:small
As he studied the human he now only ever saw in his dreams, the young man changed to the Herald speaking gibberish in a strange British accent. Then it became Roka telling him he needed to shape up as god. Then Sumiko expecting a fancy bowl of ramen. Then Pinky shouting at him…

“—X! C’mon Kami X, wake up!”

Kami_X groaned and buried himself deeper under the futon. He felt a kick in the solar plexus area. “What the heck, Pinky!? Do you know what time it is!?”

“It’s not time to be sleeping! We have an emergency!”

Kami_X reached for the glasses he didn’t really need, more as a habit than anything else, and placed them on the bridge of his nose before looking at the pink-haired spirit that invaded his closet. “What is it this time?”

Was it the Jellyfish Phantom again? Ryuujin? Azani? Or was it the Monarch of Desecration had come to kill him as the Herald of the Flock forewarned.

“Names! They’re everywhere! All over the bathroom floors!”

“…come again?”

“Momo-chan is right, X.”
Roka shined a flashlight in the closet. “I’ve checked all the school’s facilities. Other than this room, which we drew a borderline around, there are names appearing all over the school building. I took the liberty of copying it all down.”

Kami_X took the paper his new regalia passed to him and read the names. He recognized a few of them. They’d been on the business card, after all. “So…are the names dangerous?”

“Not as far as I can tell,”
Roka shrugged.

“It's creepy though,” Pinky shuddered. “The phantom on the rooftop as well. Last I saw, he was attacking a black-haired regalia that showed up at our school.”

Given the names graffitied around the school, that was likely the regalia that Nana recommended. Did she decide to come early? Kami_X sighed. He couldn’t get her to work with him on a job if she were devoured. How the hell did the school attract so many phantoms? Certainly exam season was stressful, but he didn’t think the gloom around the school was so bad…

Kami_X ran his hand wearily through his hair as he considered his options. “Ok. Ruki and I will check it out. For now, just keep yourself hidden. If you see any signs that it’s getting too dangerous, hightail it outta here and get help.”

Roka glowed, beaming straight into his palm as a red glock. Not even bothering to change out of his sleepwear, Kami_X simply grabbed his jacket and teleported behind the rooftop’s entrance to observe the fight between Nora and phantom. Kami_X's general policy in dealing with phantoms was to leave them alone unless they bothered him. However...

Time: 12:24 am​

3l6d6x7ha6.jpg
Bang!

A bullet cut straight between the phantom’s palm and the Nora’s sternum.

A bit to your left, Kami. You almost hit the girl. Higher. A bit higher. Yup, that’s on target.

Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!

Keep your grip steady. Some of the shots are going to go wild if you don’t.

This really isn’t as easy as it looks…

Fortunately, regalias don’t have to worry about reloading. He was only providing cover fire anyway. The Nora Nana recommended seemed quite experienced in fighting so Kami_X was perfectly fine with letting her stand in the front while he fired from further back. It would be nice if he had Senka with him to snipe from a further distance, but he'd left his more experienced regalia to guard his apartment. One of the wild bullets put a crack in the cement. Another flew towards the bird that circled the air above.

Haha, I don't know how I know these things either to be honest. I just do. I guess I liked guns when I was alive.

Probably
...Bang! Bang!Bang! ...I kinda wished you came with a silencer. It’s hard to hear myself think with my ears ringing.

Do you think we’d wake the neighborhood?

Nah, most near shore folks won’t even notice it. Just keep your focus up and your confidence high.

“It isn’t really my nature to shoot first and ask questions later, but it’s quite obvious who the bad guy in this scenario is,” Kami_X aimed Ruki’s muzzle at the bone-dressed phantom, firing when the opportunity arose and doing his best not to interfere with the Nora’s attacks. “Besides, I can’t have her abandon her purity when I’m looking to name her for a job.”

Bang! Bang!

More to the left. What job?

The one at the Luxury Resort.

Bang! Bang!

Ah, that one. She’s the other party that’s joining you on your vacation, then?

That’s the plan~ What's the deal with you and Pinky btw? When did you guys become chummy?

She came to me first because you were asleep. I promised that I would stay 10 feet away from her.

Mmm, yeah, she's not much a fan of men. Took me three months to get within 5 feet and now she's comfortable enough with me to kick me.

Bang! Bang!Bang!

The Secret Archives The Secret Archives VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Last edited:
Date: April 4th 2030
Time: 12:25am

Ame(Regalia)
4613D306-84CA-4029-B857-77A5E5E6AE7D.jpeg

Ame felt her fist connect and turned her fury filled gaze towards the phantom who even now remained nameless to her but it mattered little at this point. Just as her earlier demand to reveal his plan. She just wanted him dead, her focus not entirely on the fight instead on the knowledge that he knew all her names but one... her ace in the hole. The one name she had never revealed to anyone even Amaterasu.
Still the unnerving fact that she had been watched for seemingly far longer than the past few days infuriated her...that she only noticed now.
She had failed to protect them...she wouldn’t fail again. Flashes of Ude and Inbu smiles as rare as they were came to mind of Kamatsu chuckling after winning another game of shogi.
Amaterasu’s motherly gaze as the sun shone behind her.
Susanoo.....

The regalia heard the beasts words and her face fumed in rage as she retorted.
“If you think that trinket will protect you from my wrath you are sorely mistaken!, I am stronger than you, than your toy, I will defeat you here and now!”
The girl accelerated as well as Sakda encroached on her his jambiya readied low in defense as his free hand thrusted to deliver the palm strike surrounded by spiritual energy.
A feint, he was fighting with a cooler head but it wouldn’t stop her.

"Abandon your purity, SPIRIT! EMBRACE YOUR TRUE EMOTIONS, AND HOLD NOTHING BACK!"
His exasperation however did along with calling her Hagaka once more. She slid trying to decelerate herself as the palm strike came within inches of her sternum until the shot rang out almost hitting her while deflecting the devious attack. The barrage of bullets snapped her from her stupor as Ame recoiled sending a borderline at the ground between them.
“Regalia Art!: Repel!”
The Nora barely managed to step before being launched across the rooftop in the air the spiritual pressure from the attack grazing her side instead of fully connecting. She spiraled out of control towards the fence as her eyes locked on a red haired god in his pajamas holding a stark red handgun firing off in all manner of directions. It helped but he lacked control or experience. It did however give her the distraction she needed.
Turning mid air the regalia sent forth a few more borderlines these however were not aimed at Sakda. Two stalled one above the phantom, and the other at his lower left side behind him.
Another landed just in front of Kami_X and Ruki the protective barrier forming before them so Sakda couldn’t turn his attentions on them.

“Regalia art: Buller driver”
Within the precious seconds her right hands halted symbol poised like a gun firing a borderline shot towards the bird with the bells hanging from its mouth as it continued to circle the battlefield.
“Believe me, I don’t plan too Ayakashi!”
Her final borderline aimed at the fence she was barreling towards as it caught her starting the pinball like reaction. Propelling her forward into the lower line which skyrocketed her above the battlefield into the line above the phantom which careened her towards his body she was now above Sakda placing both of her hands together forming almost a prayer like symbol with both hands the combination of two halberd signs between her two hands whining out with building energy as she raised her arms as she were wielding a sword bringing her hands down to strike as she crashed into the school.
Her intent of exorcism but not harming the surrounding building or environment taking all of her restraint and control.
She was no longer fighting with reckless abandon she was fighting with tact and strategy.
She was fighting like the regalia she was known to be.

The Secret Archives The Secret Archives QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

~Regalia~
Forest Outskirts - Where Inemaru disappeared// Date: 04/04/2030 // Time: 12:30 Pm // Mentions: Inemaru

656088.jpg

Step by step, the large fox continued towards his destination; his long flowing tail dragging behind him and obscuring any visible marks his large paws may have left upon the dirt covered trail. No longer was it the pure white that he had once been proud of, rather the once silky coat had now become an amalgamation of dirt, grime and phantom residue that had long since dried on him from the ill-fated fight. A matted mess, the dishevelled vessel had shown little care on concern for his own well being, his thoughts only focused towards finding Inemaru. Stalwart in his desperate quest, Loyalty was the driving force that kept him going in his search for his missing guardian, yet there was also the lurking fear hiding in the crevices of his inner most thoughts that had prevented him from thinking about the 'What ifs' that would occur if the answer he searched for was nowhere to be found.

While it was highly unlikely he would leave any discernible marks that the near shore denizens would notice or pick up on, Shiro still remained on guard towards those that did possess such an ability and even made sure that his route towards his end goal was as varied as could be, taking longer detours if possible just to avoid an unwanted encounter with other phantoms or worse. With Inemaru currently out of the picture, it was abundantly clear to the regalia trapped spirit that he was vulnerable right now; exposed to potential dangers that he'd normally brush aside whenever he accompanied his God. His vulnerability was only heightened more so by the fact that he had no current plan of action or information to go upon in order to base his next set of moves, nor did he have the conviction and resolve to make a choice as to what he could do next. If anything, this back and forth process of searching the forest over the last few days had become almost a routine; one born out of desperation more than anything as he continued his search for the missing Inemaru.

With no information to go on and no clues to give him hope. Shiro had been doing the only thing he could do and that was to keep trudging on in his fruitless pursuit. Whilst many in this situation would have attempted to get help from someone else, this option was merely non-existent for the lone vessel. How would he voice his problem?, How would he convey the urgency of the situation? How would he even re-enact the story for those oblivious to what has occurred here. Sure, he could write down the important information, heck type them on a PC... yet what good were those options when even in this state his opposable thumbs were robbed off of him. He'd be nothing less than a giant white fox standing before a clueless outside god. A beast unable to convey in the human tongue. His eyes alone could not tell the story.. no.. the tragedy that had occurred here.

Seeking help was simply not a viable option available to him.

Worries about the state of Inemaru had not been the only troubles that had crept upon him. It had come as a real shock to Shiro on the first night of their separation, the spirit quickly realising how dependant upon Inemaru he truly was. It was an undeniable fact their 'over a century' long relation was a large foundation of how Shiro is today. Someone who could embrace his own issues and go about his life in a way that he was happy with. Over the decades his personal flaws had been a big issue for some gods; the boy having overheard a few comments made by others as they mingled with Inemaru. Yet, despite these concerns being made aware to him, Shiro had long since overcome the problems associated with his inability to talk and ignored comments made about it and this was largely down to Inemaru's patience with him and ability to seemingly understand the silence that hung around Shiro. Even without the ability to talk, he was understood, accepted and trusted. However, now that feeling of safety and comfort was gone. With Inemaru missing, Shiro no longer had that guiding light he could follow. He could no longer stand beside someone who seemingly always knew which direction to travel, what action to take and what path to follow. His guiding post was gone, his safety net torn and the only force that had kept him tied to this earthly realm was stolen away from him. It was a very long time since Shiro had been alone; a spirit without a god and despite current appearances, Shiro could not deny that he was getting increasingly insecure about his situation.

Arriving at the spot where he had last seen Inemaru, Shiro's heart had sunk once more. As it had been for the last couple days, the surrounding area had been devoid of any traces and clues; at least if there was anything here it was presently unseen to the vessel, who had now collapsed against the side of a tree; exhausted from the last couple of days.

Where was his god?​

Date: April 4th
Time: 12:00am​

dsc_4645.jpg

Tsukuyomi (God) + Ryuujin (God)
114656a51b8377d3935b2880ad5a0bfa.jpg
“You’re here.”

At the edge of a cliff, where sea met shore, the god of the moon waited tranquilly for his friend along with three members of the –ten clan at the Fujigasaki Ryuujin Shrine. He was dressed simply, in a plain kimono and had no apparent protection other than the rabbit in his arms and the three regalias in priestly garbs that regularly guarded their king's shrine. All three regalias bowed when Ryuujin arrived.

“Of course. I always keep my promises. Uzuki! Naoki! Koki!” Calling the names of his armaments so that they once more adorned him, Ryuujin moved to stand beside Tsukuyomi as Uroko followed politely behind. “I see you still keep that rodent with you.”

The rabbit Tsukiyomi held gave Ryuujin an indignant look and Tsukuyomi stroked it soothingly. “You seemed to be enjoying yourself so I wondered if I should give you a bit longer…but I don’t think I can handle Otohime’s wrath for much longer. She’s quite peeved at having to attend to all the meetings in your place.”

Ryuujin shrug. “Eh? It’s not like she’s got much work to do anyway.”

“Haha, I dare you to tell that to her face,”
They both knew Ryuujin wouldn’t. He doted on his daughter, but she was the older one of the two, not counting incarnations so she played a part in raising him and was a ‘mother’ figure to him as well. It was a strange relationship. But then, most god relationships were strange. Tsukuyomi hadn’t seen either of his siblings for years, since he’d been banished from Heaven, and he couldn’t deny that his friendliness with the wild, rebellious Ryuujin had—at first—been due to the similarities between the former god of the sea and the current one. Watasumi and Susanoo were quite similar…in more ways than one. However, now, Ryuujin was more a brother to him than Susanoo ever was. “I am glad you seemed to have fun though, Ryuujin. Having to deal with Otohime’s temper was worth it then.”

“What fun? I spent most of my days hunting a jellyfish and having to deal with two annoying humans. Didn’t even finish what I came here to do so it was all a waste of time in the end.”

“Yes, that really isn’t like you,”
Tsukuyomi agreed, not at all sounding displeased.

png-clipart-kamigami-no-asobi-takeru-totsuka-anime-loki-anime-game-cg-artwork-thumbnail.png
“I blame Uroko hesitating at the last minute.”

“…”

Tsukuyomi smiled.

“He really did get heavier at the end!”

“I believe you, Ryuujin.”
Tsukuyomi said agreeably. “But I do wonder whether the weight was physical or mental on your part. It isn’t easy making decisions as a god, especially if someone we once cared for strays off the path we’ve created for them. This is especially true in your case because deep down you know you are just as responsible for what happened to him as he is.”

“He made his choice! He should’ve been honest with me from the start!”

“He probably would’ve been more hurt if he’d been completely honest. Or do you think you could ever return his feelings?”

“…”

“You’re the one who gave him his identity Ryuujin,”
Tsukuyomi continued impartially. “You’re the one that gave him the ability to think and feel like a human so caring for him is your responsibility because you’re the one who took him in. You were his god and his sins were your burden to bear…but I’m sure you already know that. Do you know why the spirits we name always end up taking a human-like shape even if they didn’t have it originally?”

Ryuujin didn’t answer.

“It’s because even if you try to distance yourself from them we, as gods, are irrevocably tied to humanity. Humans will always make mistakes. They will always sin. Steal. Lie. Break their promises and hurt each other to survive and/or achieve their goals. Every sin becomes a blemish that stains their soul. They then look at the mirror and see how ugly they’ve become. The stain doesn’t go away either. It just piles and piles, so they become uglier and uglier until they get to the point where they no longer recognize themselves and grow to love their stains. They then try to stain others all that same. I've lived long enough to see that sad pattern repeat itself over and over again. Humans don't want to be ugly. That’s why they end up looking to beings greater than themselves for forgiveness. For salvation. We gods were born to vanquish the ugliness, the phantoms, that humans create. But that ugliness is nothing more than an illusion they decided for themselves. Ugly is in the eye of the beholder, after all. Do you know which types of people I see praying to the moon the most?”

Ryuujin blinked at the sudden change of topic. “How would I know?”

“Lonely people.”
Tsukuyomi answered. “People who have no one else to share their woes with and nowhere they feel like they belong. At night, when no one is watching, when they just want a silent ear to listen to their stories without judging them, they look up to the lonely moon in dark sky and send their wishes. I hear their prayers and understand their woes. After all, I’m also a sinner in Heaven’s eyes. ”

“I’d hardly call what you did any worse than what I’ve done.”
Ryuujin snorted. “And you’ve long paid the price for what your incarnation did.”

Tsukuyomi smiled at the dragon god gratefully, but he shook his head. “The stain doesn't disappear, nor does the weight of the sin, even for gods. Do you know how many humans ended starving because the goddess of food died—even if only for a century? All because my incarnation was upset that our sister didn’t come to see him herself…” The legend of Tsukuyomi being disgusted by her fit the image he’d always tried to maintain in court, but it wasn’t he real reason his past self killed Uke Mochi according to his diary. He’d simply been deeply in love and deeply enraged. Having known and met Towako, the former regalia’s feelings had been plain as day to the moon god whenever he visited Ryugu-jo. “The burden of his mistakes are mine to bear and I will carry them because he and I are the same—because I understand him and his regret better than anyone else. Besides, I wouldn’t have met you if he didn’t make the mistake he did.” Tsukuyomi glanced at Ryuujin as he said this. “Nor would I have come to understand the consequences of my actions. Humans are the same. Just as a crumpled paper can never again be fully straight, most humans end up carrying the weight of their sins all their lives. Then can only iron themselves out and try to do the best they can to move forward. However, whereas humans look to gods for forgiveness and salvation, I've always wondered who it is that forgives a god for their mistakes?”

“…you think too much about needless things.”

Tsukuyomi laughed. “There isn’t much to do on the moon, but think and read I’m afraid.”

"I'm not as soft-hearted as you, Tsukuyomi"
Ryuujin sighed. “Mizuki and I walk different paths now. He isn't my regalia anymore and if he has any issues with how I run things in my castle he's going to have to fight me about it just as you'd have to if I decide to rebel against the Heavens. I welcome any and all challengers. Anyway…do you know if I used to know if I used to be friends with the goddess of grudges Azani?”

“Azani? That’s the second time I’ve heard her name today.”
Tsukuyomi stroked his beloved rabbit, the Tsuki no Usagi, thoughtfully as he glanced up at the starry skies. “I’ve been hearing whispers that she’s plotting some changes.”

“That doesn’t answer my question.”

“If you were, it would’ve been before I killed your first incarnation. ”
Tsukuyomi answered serenely. God deaths and incarnations typically were personal matters, but the moon god had never been one to lie about such things. He always thought the dragon god deserved to know. “So around the time your first self killed Her Majesty's great grandson and received Heaven's punishment...which I'd been sent to deal...but I don't remember seeing Azani at the wedding...and if she still in intends to carry out Mother's wishes I don't think the guards would've let her through the gates easily...”

Heaven's regalias would've occupied Ryugu-jo castle by that time as well, in preparation to educate the new god the sea once he was born.

"So a very long time ago."

"I apologize for not being able to recall much more."

"No it's fine. I was just curious."
Ryuujin shrugged. "The past is the past. Any friends I have now are friends of my current self."

"From my discussion with Amaterasu this afternoon, I think Her Majesty is quite interested in her twin's doings. It would be a good thing for her to have more family support."

Ryuujin rolled his eyes. “Still the Siscon I see. No wonder you looked so happy.”

“I won't deny that I find the lonely queen of the Heavens to be quite charming”
Tsukuyomi replied with an unabashed smile as both gods (and accompanying regalia) vanished into the night. Whether it due to the diary he constantly read about his past selves, or simply a shared nature with his incarnations, Tsukuyomi couldn’t deny that he always found the goddess of the sun to be fascinating ever since he first laid eyes on her from a distance.

(mentioned: Karcen Karcen VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Lucem Lucem )

Last edited:
Time: 3:38 pm
Mentions: CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu
Yoshio Seta, Priest of Azani
G1yofbC.jpg

Yoshio was a little surprised by the spirit apologizing and saying it was starving. Just what did spirits like this feed off? Azani had told him some simple things, but nothing super specific, the dark spirits feed off emotions was this child really a dark spirit like the things that wandered the streets. Still Yoshio tried to look calm and not surprised about all this, he was a priest and so dealing with spiritual stuff was more than giving feel good sermons and answering normal theological questions. His former people might one day try to target him, but he might be able to get a few out of their new religion and that would be all the victory he could want. Right now he had to deal with the spirit that seemed like it might break into tears at any moment.

" Yes well it would be improper for the priest of the goddess of redemption to be mad at one for something they tried to not do" Yoshio said more or less making things up as he went " Still if you starve yourself you will end up causing more damage than what you tried to prevent" he continued to not be soft on the spirit " You remined me of the companion of Azani-omikami Kuro-Kyogi who like you feed on emotions, but she knew to take what was not needed and put in what was needed" Yoshio explained though he clearly didn't understand what the phantom had done in taking some of his emotions and mixing the others in for a more healthy mind in the short term. " So tell me what manner of spirit are you?" he asked holding another talisman at the ready.

Time: 12:45pm​
Abe no Seimei (God) + Kuzunoha (Regalia)
Abe.no.Seimei.%28Onmyouji%29.600.2313198.jpg
A white-haired, blue-eyed couple strolled down the beaten path, both unique in their own way. The male wore a traditional sky-colored sokutai, not commonly seen in the current times. A tall black hat adorned his head and prayer beads wound around the black, leather armguards that protected his forearms. His female companion had pointed fox ears and five fluffy white tails, not easily seen by those that lacked strong spiritual awareness. Even if they were seen, neither were beings that remained in human memory for very long. To the locals they spoke to briefly for information, they were an odd couple of tourists that enjoy mountain hikes.

“This is the place?”

“Yes, Mother. According to some of the animals living in the surrounding area, a god had been fighting a phantom here. The location matches with the disappearance of a star I noticed three days ago as well.”

“So, what? Did the god get eaten?”

The long haired man, shook his head, lifting his opened fan higher to cover his mouth from the pervading gloom that still lingered in the air. Since being deified, his spiritual powers had grown dramatically, but so did his sensitivity to blight and the creatures of the far shore that consumed gods and spirits alike. He still knew spells to control them, as he knew in life, but the risk to his soul was greater now that he was god. He “smelled nicer” to them than he did in his human body. He couldn’t become a phantom of course—not by the common definition at least. However, blight was an illness that would steadily kill him and his divinity all the same. “Who can say? Though, I meant to say that I’ve lost position of the star, not that its necessarily flickered out. The celestial constellations depicting the Heavens have become irregular and difficult to read lately. There are many abnormalities and I suspect several different forces at work in causing this. That’s why I would like insight from Lord Tsukuyomi.”

Abe no Semei was a god skilled at divination and reading the arrangement of the stars, but he wasn’t by any means the best at it—compared to the banished god of the moon at least. Nor was he the only astrologer in Heaven’s employ. It was thanks to Lady Inari’s generosity and influence that a minor god like him rose as high in the ranks as he did. Even then, only a goddess like Inari would trust and employ a dubious sorcerer like himself, who practiced all sorts of curses and rituals when he was alive in pursuit of knowledge. Heaven frowned upon such things, after all.

74015387_p0.jpg
“You support the moon god’s return to court then, Doji?”

“I appreciate efficiency and I feel all gods will be needed for the things to come,” The god of Onmyoji replied. “But for now, let’s focus on the task that Lady Inari has assigned us.” Closing the fan, Seimei gathered his spiritual energy into his fan as he chanted. “All you who desecrate the sacred land in which men and gods walk, hear me. I am Abe no Seimei. With my advent, I lay waste with the Hyakki to expel thy vast defilement. I banish thee.”

He drew a five-pointed star in the air. “Dispel.” Then, with a flick of his wrist, he unfurled the fan and sent the Seiman forward. As soon as Abe no Seimei’s seal latched itself on one of the trees, it pulsated, causing the air around the oak to lighten as all nearby gloom dissipated. Four more to make a pentagram. Then the ritual to purify the mountainous forest—a request made to Inari by one of the locals—would be complete. Any phantom lingering within the pentagram would be exorcised or, if they weren’t immediately exorcised, gradually suffocate as his seals dispelled the gloom in the air.

“Hey! I think I found the 'monster' those rangers were talking about!”

Sighing, Abe no Seimei made his way over to where his mother waved the phone she held excitedly.

“It’s a kit!”

“…It’s obviously the spirit of a human boy, Mother.” Even in its vessel form, its white fur matted with dirt and grime, the large fox couldn’t hide its true nature from a god’s eyes—least of all one who'd been born a half-kitsune like Abe no Seimei. His mother, Kuzunoha, was a fox spirit. Mamaru was a fox spirit. Lady Inari used to be a fox spirit. The creature before him definitely wasn’t a fox spirit, though it had the form of divine fox, much like Kimiru did.

“I know that!” Kuzunoha scowled at her son. “It’s still a kit.”

Slipping the phone into her purse, she crouched in front of the large fox collapsed at the side of a tree and studied it curiously. “Hellooo. Are you okay? Do you need any help?”

Phayne Phayne

Last edited:
Time: 4:30 p.m.
Ryotaro Hirai
For a brief moment, the smile fell from Ryo's face, going unseen as Rika turned to say her goodbyes to Ryuujin and Uroko. He was quick to correct this, repairing his mask before the girl looked back at him. It was just a simple invitation, but it made Ryo feel very conflicted. He almost rejected her before she could finish speaking, but a sudden stir of emotions stopped him from doing so.

Back at the office, he said he would listen to any request. Now, she was insisting that he come over for dinner. He never considered it when he made the offer, but if he had known something like this awaited him, he would have kept his mouth shut. It was a strange thing to be concerned about, considering how easily he let her into his home and ate with her, but that's how he felt. It was okay for her to visit the office, but stepping foot into her house was something he believed he wasn't allowed to do.

He was at war with himself. The right thing to do was to turn her down and end things after taking her home. However, he'd be denying a request he said he'd go along with. Maybe the right thing to do was to agree and get it over with quickly. He considered this, but he also considered that he was just twisting things to suit his desires. Did he actually think that, or was he just trying to find a way to convince himself that it was fine for him to accept the invitation? After all, treating this as her one request was a stretch. Or was it the other way around? Which part of him was being logical? Which was being emotional? He thought he had it all figured out, but this week made him doubt himself.

Without much time to think, the words soon came out, smoothly and with the usual tone of a cheery teenager. "Well, if you're going to insist, I guess I don't have much of a choice. I'm warning you though, I'm a critic." He'd have to worry about his decision later. Was he being paranoid, or were his concerns justified? Was he crossing a line, or was he standing right behind it like always? Either way, it didn't change the end result. The conclusion would be the same, following the usual pattern. If it didn't, then he'd really be making a mistake here.

Ryo gave his father's gravestone a final look, ending the visit with a casual wave. Walking backwards, Ryo started down the stone path, motioning for his classmate to follow as he twirled his keys around his finger. "Let's get going then. Can't wait to see how the captain of the judo team does in the kitchen."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 12:25 pm​

Ekibiogami, god of Pestilence, Disease, and Sickness

Ekibio.png

As Ekibio sat up in a tree in a park, he thought of a new plan that might keep him alive as people lost their faith in the gods. It was cruel yet would brought bring karma around to the people who needed it… But the first thing he would need for this plan would be a priest.

He pulled his map out that he thought would be useless when he was forced to buy it, but now found it useful. “Now, that restaurant me and Tsugusa went to was near the SSA Office, right?” He didn’t know who could be his priest just yet, so he needed to find someone that can find the right person for the job. The SSA office was the only place that he knew there would be regalia and other gods at to ask about someone who can find a preist; it's not like he was the most social kami. He looked for Saisiken Ramen so that he could track on the map back to where the SSA Office would about be. “Saisken Ramen… There it is! Ugh, I’ll have to teleport, though.” He sighed and folded up the map again, cramming it into a back pocket. Be positive, he thought to himself. Some practice that nobody’ll see. Now, lets do better than last time.

He closed his eyes and ignored the stink of phantoms and everybody’s sweat (which only seemed to smell worse after his shower) and thought of the area around the SSA office; this time he specifically thought of the corner a block away from it that people didn’t like to go around because of the construction. He felt himself lifted up for a moment as he was moved, hopefully to where he wanted.

Time: 12:27 pm​

He opened his eyes when he heard clanking hammers, drills, and men calling to each other. “Yes! Did it right this time!” he cheered as he threw his arms up. Well, he thought he wouldn’t be seen here, but two people dressed in black that the others didn’t notice looked at him oddly while they went away from the SSA Office. Oooh, forgot about the shinigami. He motioned for them to continue on and mind their own business as he went the opposite way, towards the SSA Office.

Time: 12:30 pm​

After the quick walk to the SSA office, he went inside and found a blonde woman at the front. “Hey, I have a question? Don’t really know where else to go to ask this, I don’t really know anyone…” He cleared his throat as walked over to the counter and leaned his side on it, putting one hand in his coat pocket. He cursed himself for not just looking on the internet for the god he needed. “I was just wondering if you knew a god or someone that’s good at getting information about people? Like, living humans, not a spirit or something. I really need to find someone for something. Really important.”

He hoped he didn’t look like a god with nothing to do, looking for a human that he knows to kill some time instead of someone with something real to do. Agh, maybe I should have seemed more formal… If I tried to tame my hair a bit and straightened out my clothes, I could seem less like a worthless, shrineless god. By this point it wouldn’t matter how he looked, though, because he literally started the conversation with “I don’t know anyone.” He internally kicked himself repeatedly for saying that as the woman responded to the question.
QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Kagemi

~Regalia~
Forest Outskirts - Where Inemaru disappeared// Date: 04/04/2030 // Time: 12:48 Pm // Mentions: Inemaru // Interactions: Abe No Seimei + Kuzunoha QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

656088.jpg

Roughly 15 minutes had passed since Shiro collapsed next to the side of the tree, eyes wavering shut as the exhaustion swept over him, swallowing him whole and overpowering his will power to continue the search. Whilst stoic in his endeavour to get back to the scene of the crime, Shiro had only been able to remain 'awake' due to the false hope that he had forced himself to believe in. Hope that acted as the final piece of firewood to the dying embers within himself that had given him just enough fuel to make it up here. Alas, that hope was nothing more than a disappointment; the ember within him now dwindling down to little more than singed ash, smouldering against the cold wind of isolation. It was this final nail to the coffin, this realisation that had caused him to waver, to cause him to consider the possibility that Inemaru was truly gone that had caused him to show frailty in his resolve, and that was all it took. A momentary sign of weakness from the vessel, a small hiccup in his resolve to keep pushing forward before fatigue took control of the reigns.

As it had been the last couple of restless nights, haunted dreams of a life long since forgotten had began to invade his mind. Deep within the growing smog of blackness that seemed to grow each night, there were vivid flashes of blotted red amidst the white glow of a full moon. Within this portrait of horrors, the dreamstate Shiro could just about discern blurred silhouettes of people clashing with one another, their actions accompanied by the cacophony of screams and battle cries that seemed to reverberate and resonate all around him, threatening to deafen the boy. Soon after a cold blood curdling scream would always echo around him, causing these shadowy fighters to stop and turn and while their faces were concealed by a veil of darkness, Shiro could always tell that they were looking at him. Demons looking upon their next victim. Black eyes from within the void stared at him from a place far beyond the realm of understanding, almost beckoning him to follow them into the pitch black nothingness.

Whilst these nightmares were not new to Shiro, he had always had someone there to stop him from taking a step closer to the darkness, a warm arm on the shoulder that seemed to pull him back and awaken him from the phantoms that swarmed his dreams. Now that someone was gone. That radiating warmness that extinguished the encroaching darkness was no longer there to protect him and since their disappearance, each night Shiro has unwillingly taken a step closer into the awaiting nothingness and he would have taken another step closer had he not been awoken from his fatigue induced slumber. Hazel coloured eyes began to flicker open, nostrils flaring as the scent of one.. no two others began to permeate his senses whilst his ears twitched to the sound of someone addressing him. As his eyes began to open and adjust to the light of day, Shiro was greeted by the sight of Kuzunoha crouching next to him and while his body creaked with exhaustion, the shock of seeing someone actually looking at him and not through him had undoubtedly caused him to jolt to his feet; the fox vessel now towering over the crouched Kuzunoha; golden eyes still staring into her blue eyes. It was now that he stood above her that Shiro began to notice the fox like traits that adorned her body, the ears and five tails being obvious indicators that she was not just a mere human who could see him.

Standing firm, Shiro was merely putting on a front as his back legs threatened to assault him with cramps from the sudden jolt to a standing position, nevertheless he did his best to maintain the front in front of the two newcomers; Abe No Seimei entering his vision from behind where Kuzunoha crouched. Shiro was never any good at memorizing all the gods from heaven, nor was he the type who would readily attempt to approach one, considering his 'issue' with conversing. He often just left Inemaru to do the talking whilst either behaving and waiting behind him or wondering off to do his own thing. That being said, he sensed no hostility from the pair of them and soon began to lower himself into a sitting position; more so because he could feel that threat of cramps growing.

Golden orbs staring at the pair of them, so many questions began to enter his thoughts. Some born from anger, some from confusion and some from desperation yet each new thought threatening to cause him to explode.

Why were they here? Did they know Inemaru has gone missing? Why did they take three days then? Do they know where Inemaru is? Are they here to help? Can they find Inemaru? Why have no other gods come? Is Inemaru still alive? Is Inemaru dead? How can I find him? Where is he? Why did he leave me behind? Did I fail to protect him? Is it my fault? Did he die because of me? Did I fail in my duty? What's gonna happen to me? It's my fault isn't it? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

With each increasing thought getting closer to self loathing, Shiro began to shake his head furiously in an attempt to clear his mind from the dark clouds looming over him; forcing himself to focus on what was important right now. With a silent nod to Kuzunoha's question, Shiro began to claw away at the dirt in front of him, one extended claw etching out the kanji for

"God Missing. Help. I beg you"

With that written, Shiro lowered his head to the ground, kowtowing to the two in front of him. Unable to hold back any longer, tears begun to stream down from both eyes as the situation overwhelmed him and the pent up emotions he had tried to bottle up in an attempt to remain vigilant in the search could no longer be contained.

Toghobi
Phantom of regret and self-loathing

Karcen Karcen

Time: 3:41 pm​

Toghobi nodded as the priest said that he wouldn't be angry at them, confused. Shouldn't a priest be trying to destroy them? They're a phantom... but they also knew about Azani's phantom that she brings with her, so maybe Azani was less hateful of phantoms. She was also a goddess that represented negativity like the phantoms, so some might see her as more a godly phantom then a god.

"Keeping yourself always hungry takes less food then keeping yourself always full, correct?" Now Toghobi had calmed down and stood up from their spot on the ground and turned to the priest. "It would be similar for me, because as long as I can get away from humans when the hunger comes, it will go away, like how a human's stomach will stop growling for a limited time. Sometimes my hunger can come and catch me by surprise, the difference between our eating habits. I don't know if other phantoms appetites do this too, I haven't talked to any conscious ones very often." The last time they had, the phantoms had tried to get Toghobi to start a phantom army. They had refused. "I am a phantom of regret, Toghobi is my name." They bowed low, which would have been an unusual sight for anyone who noticed them, a phantom bowing to a priest. "I apologize for my loss of control."

They noticed that the priest had a talisman but it would be useless right now. Thier hunger was partially satiated, so they wouldn't lose control again, and even if they did, this man's talismans wouldn't be enough to stop them. They were already weakened from pulling away from the other man.

Time: 5:00pm​
Rika Murakami (Human)
latest
(Murakami House)
Can’t wait to see how I do in the kitchen he says…

Arms folded, Rika sighed as stared at the all ingredients laid front of her, wondering what she ought do. If there was a god of cooking out there, she’d be praying to them for help right at this moment. Hirai was probably waiting for a nice warm meal after an exhausting day dealing with gods and phantoms in the rain, but Rika had absolutely zero experience in the kitchen except vague childhood memories with her mother. Even then, she’d only been expected to help with the dishes or setting up the table. Since mom killed herself, dad buried himself in work and came home late every day, so it wasn’t as if father and daughter often shared a meal together. She used to try…but quickly grew to realize there was little point when she had no one to cook for. Her father made enough money (working) that both could afford to eat out and she’d become used to eating alone that it didn’t matter whether dinner was freshly home-cooked or store-bought. She was never really good at cooking anyway.

Yet now that she had someone to cook for she had no idea what to make.

“It cold and raining so something that warms up the body would be nice…” She decided to go with what she wanted to eat at the moment…a nice warm hot-pot. Best of all, soups were simple.

“Just toss anything you want in a pot of boiling water, right?”

Humming, Rika immediately got to work since she didn’t want to keep Ryotaro waiting too long. She recalled her mother telling her that vegetables had to be washed so she did that first. Not bothering to cut the vegetables, unless they were too big to fit in the pot, Rika simply tossed them in—mushrooms, onions, bean sprouts, beets, lettuce, cabbage, celery, tomatoes, carrots, awkwardly-peeled potatoes…Even if Rika hadn’t tried cooking in a long time (ever really), she could at least (vaguely) remember the sorts of things her mom would put in a pot of soup…

Did the meats go in first or veggies?

“Ah well, it probably all gets cooked in the end.”

For meats, Rika found packets of frozen beef. She considered adding the frozen fish she’d found in the back of the freezer first (since she remembered her mother’s hot-pot containing fish), but they had seafood recently and she didn’t really feel like eating fish after learning that Uroko, and probably the rest of Ryuujin’s regalias, were fish spirits. She wasn’t aware animals even had spirits, but just imagining Uroko face on the fish that she was about to throw into a boiling pot made her want to throw up so she stuck it back in the freezer.

Now for the seasoning. The hardest part. Rika had no idea why her kitchen was stocked with so many different ones even though no one at home cooked anymore. Salt, sugar, pepper, paprika, soy sauce. fish sauce, oyster sauce, cumin, thyme, nutmeg, garlic powder, cinnamon, etc. Remnants of her mother no doubt. It was enough to make Rika’s head spin.

“The more the merrier…”

Reaching for the salt shaker first, Rika added the most obvious seasoning in plentiful amounts as she stirred, humming in the way her mother used to.

Time: 6:00pm​

250px-SCSakuya.png
“It’s done!” Rika said as she came out with a tray carrying two bowls, two pieces of bread, two cups of water, and two soup spoons. “Sorry for the wait.”

She didn’t let Ryotaro anywhere near the kitchen since she was the host and it didn’t make sense to make him work when she’d been the one to invite him to her house. The Murakami home was your average two-story house. Nothing special about it. Red-tiled roofs. Photographs lining the shelves, filled with books. There was a T.V. in the living room near the entrance where she’d left Ryotaro waiting/resting while she went to work at the kitchen. After giving a brief tour, mainly to let him know where the restrooms were in case he needed it, she let him do whatever he wanted—except enter her personal quarters without her presence.

She trusted him, but she wasn’t dumb, and there were some personal items she’d rather someone of his gender not find. The last time she remembered inviting a classmate to her home was in middle school for a class project. She often tried to avoid going home, or doing things at her house, for as long as possible, since it always reminded her that neither of her parents would be there. It wasn’t as if she had many that she could call ‘friends’ in the truest sense anyway—at least not ones that completely understood her. However, Ryotaro had it worse than her and the trip to the cemetery reminded her of that.

She wondered what happened to his mother.

Turning off the TV, which showed a random civilian being arrested after throwing tomatoes at a priest preaching on the streets, Rika placed food and accompanying utensils on the living room table she cleared out. Since her father wasn’t home, and probably wouldn’t be until 9 or 10—sometimes even later depending on how long his coworkers kept him out—it didn’t really matter where they ate. “Feel free to help yourself to seconds if you want. I’ve made plenty.”

Lucem Lucem

(mentioned: Karcen Karcen )

Time: 12:30 pm​

Kagemi (Regalia)
1a103260e0ec44727b78d757342f0a11.jpg
At the front desk of the SSA office, Kagemi had been chewing some bubblegum that #4389 (or rather Shorn) bought for her yesterday, while typing up her report on her latest client—who was absolutely refusing assistance from SSA in regards to finding employment—when Ekibiogami leaned in. Pop! Licking the sticky residue back into her mouth, Kagemi continued to chew as she listened to the now shrine-less god of pestilence talk.

Modern humans might not know very much about him, but Kyoto was only a single city with so many local gods, and it was hard not notice a god that strove to leave his calling card everywhere. Besides, reincarnated though he might be, he was quite notorious as a god of calamity back in the day (who used to have a shrine according to their records) and his teacher, Futsunushi, was still doing well as a decently famous war god - at least if the reports from the Chiba SSA Branch were to be believed. It wasn't like he changed his name. SSA's job to be aware of gods and potential homes for spirits, especially the shrined ones. Or, in Ekibiogami's case, formerly shrined.

She wondered if he had ever had his shrine registered in Heaven...though it didn't matter either way. Earth. Heaven. Yomi. The location of the home didn't matter and Death Gods didn't judge. Their only job was making sure the home/workplace was safe and suitable for the spirits they reaped so that they might find happiness in the afterlife. That was the job of a Death Gods and their regalias.

“A god that’s good at getting information about humans huh…?” Kagemi thought a bit before opening a drawer pulling out one of the random business cards inside. She gave it to Ekibiogami. “Kami X could work. He's a young, shrineless god like you who never fails to leave a stack of business cards here every time he visits.”

She also heard that he’d hired and named #10012, which Nana and Hikarumi found a couple of days ago, and met up with #4389. Hopefully that meant the two of them got along better now. She found the god of hackers amusing and could still use the help when it came to data entry. Speaking of help…

"So.” Kagemi’s eyes twinkled as she leaned closer, elbows resting against the counter. “I heard from Hikarumi that you came here with Ametaru yesterday, Ekibiogami. Are you two an item~? How did it happen?”

There were only so many reasons for a god to follow a spirit around. Hikarumi may be blind to little details like those, but Kagemi picked them up quite easily. #4389 looking very happy when she returned to SSA with Shorn for example. Subtle glances that indicated affection. Signs. Postures. Kagemi was good at noticing them. They gave her clues as to which god matched well with which spirits, after all. More importantly, juicy gossip was more interesting than work at the moment and being a receptionist was dull as heck.

CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu

(mentioned: The Secret Archives The Secret Archives VeiledPariah VeiledPariah )

Time: 12:27 am​
Interactions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Fate, the pre-ordained, it was a constant war for Sakda, no matter his option, nor his choice he always found himself set on the back foot. Yet, Sakda was not a stranger to fighting against destiny or its many trials that leapt before someone. The amount of times things went against Sakda made him feel as though the people who look down and toy with people's futures simply made a laughing stock out of him. Like the butt of a joke, the one who each person looks at to be their running gag. It wasn't always that way, but Sakda had grown used to it.

Now was yet another opportunity for the powers that be to drag him through the mud, and laugh at his attempts to succeed against the odds. Yet, this time, Sakda found himself facing those who, in his mind, were loved and appreciated by fate itself. Gods, and their Regalia, ones who are considered by most to be a driving force to protect near-shore, as well as their residents. Forces that are backed by the heavens, and, which in turn, are seen as holy figures or important entities worthy of being followed, just as he once was as a Great Shamanic figure in his time. That was, before though, before when such people robbed him of his very life. Now, as it happened before his eyes, he was sure that those looking down on him were making a laughing stock of him once more. A slight push to the side, a minor tug to the right, now Sakda had the Kami_X at his heels. The one factor he figured to be unimpressive, and expected to mind his own business was pulled into this just to inconvenience him for their own enjoyment.

These shots rang out, his main target blasted the ground with her Regalia art, and threw up debris into the air. Sakda veered on his back foot to avoid an onslaught of disorganized shots that hindered his movement more than if they had been precise. His vision was disrupted by the debris, and his judgement became clouded as he looked at his hand. I missed that damn girl. He flexed his hand in annoyance as he continued his dance throughout the hailstorm of bullets that didn't stop. It doesn't matter, I clipped her with that attack. It still will do its job eventu...

A mere miscalculation, lost in his very thoughts, and a bullet met him as if pulled by the very threads of fate itself. It drilled against him, a hot pain whirling across his whole body as if struck by boiling water. The regalia's bullet had struck him in his shoulder, and threw Sakda off balance. His jambiya flew out of his hand as several following shots then clipped, and even collided against him following his imbalance. Finally though, Sakda regained his footing, "The stowaway God makes an appearance! I had expected you to hide, not to interfere with my plans." Sakda twisted gripping a large piece of debris out of the air, before hurling it towards the god to dissuade his long ranged assault. "Sounds like I may have underestimated where your interests lie! Or did your little chat with the Herald sway you?!"

However, Sakda's face twisted in anger, "YOU!", his very body fumed with fury when the borderline appeared. A damn barrier, a borderline, and his object that he tossed burst into a cloud of dust upon colliding with it. His gaze flicked towards Ame, who in mid movement had properly defended the god who came to assist her. "What impressive vigor for an object to be used and handed about between many! You only continue to impress!"

As if to make matters worse, Sakda thought about using his eyes from the sky to assist in navigating the mayhem. However, it came under assault. A borderline, attacks from the god, and it immediately met its demise. Its wing clearly blown off from the bullet of the god, and then the borderline struck it home as though it wasn't enough to cripple it. That was it, the small phantom bird erupted as it was exorcised.

All the name across the school, throughout the campus, and especially upon the roof began to flicker as the bell swirled in the air. Unlike before they as they flickered they gave off an ominous red hue as the carefully honed spell began to collapse. It hadn't helped that the steady resonant ringing had become chaotic, and unrhythmic by its rapid descent.

All around him, his organization, his brilliantly constructed plan was crumbling. There were shots that zipped, and flew by that continued to threaten him. Now, he could hear Ame yell out, full of vigor, as though her senses had properly focused. She was no longer swayed, his upper hand, it was gone now.

Sakda attempted to step back, but as he attempted to reposition himself, he found the borderline that Ame had aimed at him earlier to be stuck behind him. Suddenly, he was with his back against a borderline that had missed. A clear miscalculation that further emphasized his poor planning. A god poised to take another shot at him with barely any movement available to dodge. Then, to top it off, Sakda saw Ame catapult from the broken fence that she had used as a makeshift springboard.

He closed his eyes, taking a deep breathe, and placed his hand against his chest. He was injured, that much was sure.

Bang, Bang, Bang!

The bell collided with the rooftop, and shattered upon impact breaking clean in half. The names that spread throughout the school broke apart, and in some places were harmless tokens that were used to harness the spell. Though across the tokens were names carved into them, a clear indication that these were what projected the names into the eerie graffiti like look that spread throughout the school.

As everything was ongoing, Sakda went completely still, an inner focus drawing deep within the core of his being. It dived deep, deeper beyond just a form of subconscious. It was within himself, just as much as it made up himself. Even as it laid buried deep behind the phantom that he now embodied, even if it was no longer pure, and corrupt. It was still there. His spiritual core. An embodiment of not Sakda, the phantom, but Daishin The Oracle, Great Shaman, The Seeker of Enlightenment. It was a part of himself that he still relied on, even if he did so unconsciously. However, he wasn't doing it subconsciously now, it was a conscious effort.

Digging through all the fog, and corruption that hazed his view, he reached out to grasp at straws. He passed memories of his own past, visions of his family and those who he cared for. He strode past memories of his childhood, thoughts of a future dreams that could never be. Each step putting him further into himself, into his very being, and within touching distance of his soul.

Reaching out, Sakda tore through these images that flashed before him, he wasn't Daishin. He threw that away, he wasn't a Great Shaman anymore. He was Sakda, Phantom of Emulations, Hypocrisy, Immorality & Sorcery. His old life was meaningless before his wake, a barrier that stood before him and his success. It was time...

Unnoticed by Sakda, tears flowed from his eyes as they snapped open full of deep concentration. He had been shot several more times, but he it seemed not to even phase him. The three bullet holes spread across him, one in his thigh, one in his shoulder again, and another through his hip.

Unlike before, however, when trying to strike Ame, unlike when Kami_X's regalia struck him with his attacks, he was in agony. A pain so deep that it had no limit. "ARRGH!" Sakda cried out in anguish, but his eyes radiated with only hatred as he looked from Kami_X to Ame. "As if it wasn't enough," Sakda poised himself as Ame drew closer within the air. "You entities of spiritual power always try to take everything from me! I'll do whatever I have to in order to surpass you all!"

Sakda tensed his whole body cracking under the pressure of his injuries, yet that didn't stop him. Welling deep from within Sakda, he tore out a chunk of his own soul for power. A purple haze welled from Sakda's body as the fragmented part of his soul exited in tattered pieces. The pain, sorrow, anguish, depression of his former life practically oozing from his body for all around to see. The haze danced like shadows from his skin putting on a nasty performance for all to see. The performance of a man torn from his family by a simple mistake, and pulled into a deal that was nothing more than a trap. "You know nothing! A mere tool to be used! You are nothing!"

To a regalia, the haze would be uncomfortable, perhaps giving an intense chill and negative feeling thanks to being bound to gods. To a spirit, it would be a somewhat painful experience, something akin to being burned. To a God, they could read into it, see what it harbored as if written clear as day. To a Phantom, it would draw them near just as though it was a glorious feast that could be snacked upon.

As this haze flowed from the torment of Sakda's soul, it carried with the wind outwards across the nearby houses, and surrounding area of the high school. It was a nasty feeling. A type of dread that was from a tormented soul being unleashed, the anguish that it carried, and the depths of its despair were enough to sour the air. "Be sure to blame Chimata no Kami for your trip to the other-side, worms!"

Using the purple haze that surrounded Sakda, "Soul-Weaving is just spectacular, isn't it?!" He thrust his arm forward towards Ame to meet with her attack planned to excorcise him, "DETRIMENT WAVE!"

An eruption of dread filled explosive power emanated from Sakda's hand in a wide pulse across the rooftop. A power that dripped with malevolent intent, but the drawback was immediately noticeable as Sakda began to buckle. The power screamed out, quite literally, as it burned away at a part of his soul. Howls of preternatural noise filled the night as it wailed outward, almost like a banshee's cry. This voice was only really able to be distinguished by a god, but was wails of unintelligible nonsense towards others.

As if an entity all of its own, the voice of a man cried outwards in the extensive banshee like cries. "It hurts! It burns!" The voice of Daishin, the part of Sakda who once was had been chosen for this. It radiated outwards, cries of pain as he separated his old identity from his new one, only to burn away the bits of the soul only inconvenienced Sakda. "O' Dear God! The pain!" Daishin continued to wail as his very former spirit was being burned away, "God," he voice croaked out, "whomever is listening, hear me! This thing, this man must be stopped! For my family, for yours to be, he must be!" The voice began to disperse, "Whether by your hand, or another, I wish for it to be done! I cannot hel..." He wailed out in absolute discomfort once more, "My life may be over, but many are still beginning! It made its choice, and I can no longer influence it. Be sure to do it, don't let it roam free forever! Dear Kamuy, Chimata...My family, and those who I still love be strong, i'll nev..." As the final parts of the essence burned away of Daishin, its voice, alongside the howls, seemed to turn into just irregular noise now.

This soul was simply fuel for his attack, and it showed with its power. However, by burning it, Sakda would fall deeper into a chaotic space when all was said and done.

Soul Weaving was a banned art for its damage upon the user. There was no healing something that tore away at the soul, and burned it away. Unlike many injuries, a soul was irreplaceable. Its changes from it were permanent, and after each use the person would change following it. More often than not devolving further away from what was their true self, and delving deeper into a point of no return.

Though, despite this all, the attack was worth its weight in what was burned away. In this case, it would not only blight, due to its immense root of anguish and despair, but it would be a mighty blow. "WHERE'S YOUR DEAR SUSANOO, HEAVEN'S MUTT!!"

It covered Sakda though, as even though Kami_X kept shooting, the Detriment Wave destroyed some of the bullets as they collided. The constant barrage was a blessing though, it weakened the overarching power that came from the Detriment Wave. It wasn't enough to stop it from shattering the Borderline that stood in front of Kami_X, but it slowed considerably as it did so. A good portion of its power in Kami_X's direction whittled away by his attacks, and Ame's borderline.

At that moment, it hadn't occurred to Sakda, not even in the slightest. By uttering the name of Susanoo, he had actively acknowledged the god, his presence by his very name. This would cause the plan to be moved forward, sooner than expected, but it wasn't the end of the world. They still had time on their side, but Sakda's adrenaline fueled rage had blinded him to this. Whether he wanted it or not, they had to move the entity to Susanoo, it must be done, even if it had to be done without Sakda being present. Once they gave it to him, their problems may resolve themselves, it was just a matter of time now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back