• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Date: April 3rd, 2030
Time: 5:29pm​

Ekibiogami
God of pestilence, disease, and sickness

Ekibio.png

Ekibio noticed the regalia look at her, probably again trying to figure out who he was, because nobody knew him. He leaned his head against the wall, nearly falling asleep for a bit in this chair that was definitely more comfy than anywhere else he'd slept. He woke himself up quickly, so that he wouldn't be too tired whenever Tsugusa decided to leave. He yawned and called over to her, "Hey Tsugusa, how long are you planning on staying here? And what are you talking about?" He was really bored now and wanted to do something.
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Date: April 3rd 2030
Time:2:25pm
Interactions: Karcen Karcen Dante Verren Dante Verren
956A68F2-B144-4984-BBF3-C332F39C0F51.jpeg
Amaterasu(Queen of the Heavens)

The goddess stifled laughter with her other sleeve as her eyes scanned over the odd partnership that had grown between the goddess and her new phantom regalia.
Their mother had indeed been able to name phantoms for some time now utilizing the brushes she owned. Tools of folly and arrogance, to think one could actually believe they could command a being of pure selfish and indescribable intent.
The pair shared useless banter amongst one another to which Amaterasu simply ignored as she scoffed letting her arm down the portals disappearing only a single sword remaining as it fell into her hand. The Kami stride forward listlessly almost as if she was walking on air.
Passing by Azani and Miu her eyes cast to the side as she did so before resting beside the shrine her free hand placed on the the stone her sword arm still readied at her intruders.
“If she was so great as a phantom why name her and make her less than?, Tell me Miu do you feel as free as you were?”
Her words were sent towards the newly named girl the statement severing like the deep cut of a blade.
At the mention of Ame Amaterasu only smiled.

“She does what has been asked of her, should she side with you then that is to continue the efforts of the task i set to her long ago...yet seeing as she is not by your side I am assuming you failed in attaining her as well. Dear sister I have had my gaze on you for awhile now since you crawled from that pit of desperation you call a home. You speak of change as if it will just come without a single hinderence.
If it is as you say then these phantoms shall prove a greater adversary especially if they could sway you so easily”

The sun seemed to follow where she tread always finding the goddess the time of day when the sun was at its highest point beaming down on the trio as they spoke. Azani sounded like him, an advocate for phantoms but she knew what kind of damage they caused. They were the balance between gods righteous existence.
There was always a predator for every creature in this world with gods being at the top of the food chain.
“Go then Azani, show me that the world can change and that this thing with you is not slowly sapping away at your being. It will weaken you before long and when you have nothing left to give all it takes is a thought and you will succumb...I will watch it unfold or be proven wrong and you will make an enemy of me if you act as I think you will”
Amaterasu sighed not really wanting to drag the conversation out much longer, but she had indeed learned much from this encounter. How deadly these new phantoms could be if they could align themselves with gods for their own gain. A flick of her wrist denied their intrusion no longer to her shrine as they were forced out back through the hole in the barrier they had made.
“I wonder should your prophecy come true, where next will you set your sights. Don’t let that beast consume you before then, or else everything I have endeavored for will be for nothing”
With her parting words the goddess flashed away the barrier resealing as a conglomerate of regalia now stood at the entrance behind the seal reinforcing it so that the pair could not attempt their entry again.
——————————————————————
Time:5:30pm
Interactions: CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Tsugusa(Regalia)
A48AE53A-A6EF-4264-AC7A-3925DF4C54E1.png
Ame listened intently as the regalia Hikarumi spoke although she got the sense this girl was different from Kagemi. She seemed to be the more...reliable of the two yet not without wanting for personality.
The Nora thought for a moment at the options before her, finally deciding as she shook her head.
“No it’s alright, I am sure she is well cared for. I just have a tendency to get attached and worry. I appreciate all of your assistance and please help yourself to the gifts as well. I will-“
"Hey Tsugusa, how long are you planning on staying here? And what are you talking about?"
The gods words echoing amongst the empty lobby sounding like that of an impatient child whose mother was busy in line to pay for something.
Ame sighed offering an apologetic look that read that she was sorry for his antics before nodding her head slightly and looking towards the back.
“I am finished here Ekibio, we can leave now. I should be going as well we have to find shelter ourselves. Give them my regards, and best wishes and be safe yourself”
The Nora turned with that as she waited for the god to catch up to her as she exited the building and walking down the street her eyes on the sky trying to see if that feeling of being watched would return however it did not seem to be present as she turned her attentions back to Ekibiogami.
“That was rude you know?, if you could try to be a little more respectful of my engagements next time I would appreciate it...but besides that we need to find a place to stay for the night and are you hungry?”
The regalias question came as an instinct seeing as it had been quite some time since she had eaten herself and the fight with the phantom earlier had indeed caused her to be more peckish than usual.
The gods only knew the last time he had eaten seeing as he probably got very few offerings as such an unknown god.
Looks like it would have to be her treat...or rather Kamatsu’s treat.

Time: 2:28 pm​
Miu (Regalia)
Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen ) Amaterasu ( VeiledPariah VeiledPariah )
Miu.jpg

As Amaterasu passed by Miu and gave her the side glance the phantom regalia held the gaze. She was not scared of this goddess. If her pride did not allow her to fear the ruler of hell then her pride would not allow her to fear the ruler of heaven. The question that the sun goddess asked caught Miu slightly off guard. What was she like before? Any memory Miu had was as Miu. There wasn't really anything before, or at least any of those memories seemed foggy. If they were foggy then in her mind they weren't worth remembering. "Do I feel more free now then I did before. Maybe, but at the same time maybe not. It is not as simple as that. There are many ups and undoubtfully some downs, yet I do not make mistakes. So for whatever reason I decided to become Azani's regalia then they were undeniably the right ones". Her statement was firm and direct with not even a morsel of doubt in her voice.

As the sun goddess continued her mightier than thou empty speech Miu rolled her eyes. Eventually the pair were forced out by the goddess and left standing before the shrine. Miu crossed her arms and pouted a bit. "Excuse my vulgar language, but as the humans would say... Ahem... What a bitch". Sighing lightly she turned to look at Azani. "So what is the plan now? Do we check in on your priest and see what progress he has made or do we call it a day?" Miu still wasn't a fan of the priest she had found, Azani only needed Miu and anyone else were just tag alongs. Although even tag alongs could have their uses.

Date: April 3, 2030
Time: 5:34 pm​

Ekibio

Ekibio.png

Ekibio grinned at being able to irritate the nora a bit, but hey, you could call it punishment for leaving him bored. He stood and stretched as Tsugusa finished up talking to the woman, then walked with her to the front.

“That was rude, you know? If you could try to be a little more respectful of my engagements next time, I would appreciate it…”

He stuck his tongue out at her, replying simply with “Hey, being rude is my special talent, so don’t even try to stop me. Just get used to it.”

“Besides that, we need to find a place to stay for the night, and are you hungry?”

“Hungry? Of course I am, do you think I get a lot on my own?” He didn’t want to annoy her now in case she would decide not to bring him for food (being naturally annoying would be a problem). He was starving, his stomach told him. “Where are we going to eat? Do you know yet?” He was definitely more excited than most gods would be for food, like a little kid and candy.
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Seiichi Tanaka (God)
Time: 3:00 pm
Mentioned: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

"You're welcome." The god responded as he watched her munch away at the sticky rice treat. When mentioned that he could work for Inari, the god thought it over for a moment. He'd consider it at the least, but for now Seiichi listened as Mamaru listed the things she did when not cleaning, and smiled as she listed the few things she liked to do and while it wasn't much, it was a nice thing. He chuckled at her assessment of Hasuna's regalia, and allowed her to drag him about for the tour of the shrine.

"Hey Kintaru. How are you today?" The god greeted with a nod before his eyes landed on the offered Udon, his stomach growling in response despite already having ate. As he sat next to Mamaru and thanked Kintaru he listened to the two Regalia talk as he ate. When asked why he needed Inari he didn't respond immediately.

"Mm, I guess it'd mostly be with help rebuilding my shrine. Though, there's been a bit of bigger Phantom activity in the area from the few times I've checked on what remained." He answered. He had yet to get a regalia to deal with Phantoms himself, but so far it didn't seem like they lingered too long anyway. Still, if he wanted help with the rebuilding he'd have to mention the stupid Phantoms. They could get in the way of rebuilding if they still stuck around any longer after all.

'One of these days I might have to stop by the SSA building…' he thought with a mental sigh. Call it stubbornness or plain stupidity or fear of being stung until the point of blight over something he really had no control over, he had been holding off on finding a regalia for a time. At least, until now anyway.

Time: 5:44pm

Tsugusa(Regalia)
83BAAD6F-86C7-4719-BB6D-51C6A9F7C2AA.png

The regalia returned the gesture sticking her tongue out in turn with a laugh as the god began asking where they would go to eat as she lead the way. The pair in truth had not gone too far about a ten minute walk from the SSA stopping at a street filled with vendors. The place she had been the other day when she had found the lost little spirit. The sounds and smells of food filling her nostrils causing her stomach to groan a little as she placed a hand on her abdomen sighing before turning into the entrance of the establishment. It took a few moments for the two to actually get noticed and seated by the staff which was natural and she was indeed used to it. The hostess seating them down in a booth with no chairs the two would have to seat in the traditional manner on the floor.
“Two orders of the Saisken bowl an orange juice and some rice wine for me..”
The regalia turned towards Ekibio so he could give his order of what he would like.
This place was a long standing ramen shop but did in fact carry other items. Mainly established a place where those hard working citizens could come to unwind after a long day drinking away their struggles with their peers a hearty bowl of warm ramen to soothe their souls and the drink always flowing.

Tsugusa leaned against her elbow that she propped up on the table so her hair fell slightly to one side as she sighed fighting back the hunger pains that were ever growing after a long day of training and fighting phantoms.
Her mind wanted to wander but she kept herself as grounded as possible to answer anything The god could want to talk about.
She was no closer to answers since she arrived although it had only been three days and to say so much had happened in such a short time was an understatement.
Still as of today she had another name and rekindled needed connections with some of her old Kami and the SSA.
Still she needed a lead, a rumor, anything to take her on the next leg of the journey.
“After we eat I know a place not to far from here, I stayed there the other night it will be safe. When the last time you slept in a bed?”
The regalia asked honestly remembering how relaxed he was sitting in the lobby of the Shinigamis offices.
Just how long had he been wandering, like her.
Maybe he needed this more than her.
CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu

Last edited:
Time: 12:55 pm
Shorn, God of Despair & Disdain
Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Shorn crossed his arms as he listened to both God & Spirit bicker with one another, eventually, it got to be a bit much for him to just solely listen. Shorn stood up, moved over towards Number 4389 & Kami_X as the two continued their back and forth. Shorn literally injected himself into their conversation at the brunt end, and his head was between the two of them as he leaned forward. "Knock it off, and be civilized!" He gripped Kami_X by the collar, and Shorn placed his hand atop Number 4389's head, and in two separate actions made the two of them bow to each other on equal footing. "I may be somewhat oblivious, but the both of you aren't oozing enough disdain for one another to be incapable of making up over some petty squabbles."

He looked the two of them up, and down nodding in affirmation before lowering his own head. He remembered what Number 4389 said, but it didn't matter. "This whole hierarchy thing is too much." He waved his hand out in front of him, "Too troublesome, and it makes a mess of how to approach things." Shorn swiped the marker from Kami_X's hand, and opened Number 4389's hand placing it down. "Just so you know, I set this meeting between the two of you. I'm not going to hide the fact." He looked at Number 4389, and narrowed his eyes, "As far as I can tell, you two act more like estranged siblings than mortal enemies." His eyes softened, and he smiled genuinely at her closing her hand around the marker, "But, I'll tell you it's not worth holding onto grudges of the past, and you'd be doing me a favor. Please at least think about it."

Shorn turned on his heels, and faced Kami_X, "You're correct." He nodded solemnly, "Not one, but all." A vague answer for a vague statement, but a worthwhile one all the same. Shorn had heavy hopes that if Nana trusted Kami_X, then he was smart enough to understand. "It's been this way for awhile, I'm shocked though, did you only just find out?"

With Kami_X's statement of what he intended to do, Shorn paused thinking momentarily, and flipped on his SSA PDA. He flicked the screen a few times as he had been doing before, and then passed it over to Kami_X without a second thought. He then pressed the PDA closer to his chest, so that it was nearly impossible to even glance over his shoulder to see.

On the screen was a map, and it was zoomed in upon the area surrounding Lilium Luxury Resort. Shorn stepped forward and slammed his two fingers down upon the PDA screen while it was in Kami_X's hand. He spread out the screen, and eventually a deep red circle was shown expanding outwards from where the resort laid. It encompassed a large portion of Kyoto, and with arrows pointing outwards from the circle it was only to become larger. Within its area were many places Shirotome High School, the SSA Office, and many other locations stretching from important to merely insignificant. Of note, there were several shrines of well known Gods & Goddesses within the vicinity as well, including some of those who had gone missing as well. He pulled his hand away, and let Kami_X stare at the map to decipher what Shorn was showing him.

There wasn't anything he could say, but it was certainly significant information nevertheless. The region showed what Shorn believed to be where the main focus point of what was going on and at its center was the Lilium Luxury Resort. It wasn't something insignificant, but it was merely speculation as well. He didn't have much to go on outside of connecting dots of happenings within Kyoto, and it helped to know when he was being watched or not. All within the circle region were locations Shorn had felt the eyes of something on him, and anything outside there was nothing. It's a safe assumption to say that they're keeping an eye on the region for some reason or another. "Consider this an offering. Share it with whomever, I trust your judgement. Although, i'll need the PDA back."

Time: 2:30
Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren
sample_2456e803ca597018a8188cb314737122.jpg
Azani Goddess of Vengence and grudges

" Well you aren't wrong about my sister" Azani said more angry that she had tried to pick at the great secret, which it seemed affect Miu as well to some degree. Normally when you started asking thing like that to Regalia you were trying to blight them, but Miu was a phantom thus perhaps immune to that kind of questioning. Still despite her claim to being watching Azani guessed that was a bluff or she lacked understanding. Azani had chosen Miu and not Ame in a way as she had been curious and a regalia like ame could never go beyond the traditional role and thus was not the flexible being Azani needed. " Still it went well for a meeting with her" Azani sighed at least they hadn't been attacked just pointlessly berated.

Then Miu asked about visiting her priest, which wasn't yet needed as well he was likely still in jail for another day or two and she would only need to pop in to talk construction and tenets of faith. " My priest is still likely in jail so no need to visit him, and it is still early how about some lunch and then we try to track down Kami_X still need him to make that website" Azani suggested wanting to see if Miu ate actual food. " I think I know a place that serves real kobe so how about we have a little celebration for a mostly successful day?" Azani said recalling some good places to eat and she felt like having something fancy.

Time: 7:30 pm
Mentions: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Madness Phantom
GgejlqG.jpg

Madness had just finished a meal that was in truth an experiment of sorts. The little god she had in her grasp had not really needed all his limb and Madness had wanted to see is she could perhaps steal some of his power by devouring his flesh. She had been careful with how she did it using only mortal weapons, something that would damage a god but could not kill one, so she knew he would be just fine and might even have a new leg by the time she got back. Still Madness didn't feel she had gotten much from the meal, but perhaps if she ate more she would gain something, science was repetition after all test and test. that did mean she needed to seek out a more normal meal as she didn't quite break her little toy just yet. Wandering the streets of Kyoto was not much of a threat to Madness as if she found a god she would not be seen as such at first thanks to her abilities. If a god did find her our she would just hop from human to human and make it seem like the god had gone mad and slaughtered innocent humans, the god never listened to each other and they might even kill the god. Madness was perhaps the most safe of phantoms in her mind, though the street preachers she might expect to be some for of crazy were not any source of nourishment. These humans were annoying in their assertion of the ascendance of a new goddess an Azani-omkiami. While street preachers were nothing new often seeking to bring people to foreign religions this seemed to be home grown. Madness had heard of the little princess of yomi a goddess born of the darkness in Yomi. She had however never heard in any book or from any human anything positive about her, she was a deal maker who dammed souls for a price and now she was going to save people from it. Well that really was having you cake and eating it too. Still the preachers seemed to believe this and a few of them even managed to drawn people to them, those already burdened with darkness or even those with minor phantoms attached. They even were making a prophecy of a priest coming to lead them in construction of a temple. Well that was quiet a show the little goddess was cooking up Madness had to give her that. Still it would be nice if there weren't so many of them.

" Now where do i get a good meal if a bunch of idiots are preaching about something positive and helping people" Madness sighed not wanting to have to make someone go on a killing spree but she would if she had in order to gain some food, of course there were hospitals those always had plenty of madmen in them.

Time: 5:48​

Ekibiogami

Ekibio.png

"And some dorayaki and royal milk tea with sugar!" Ekibio grinned at the hostess, then looked over at Tsugusa as she sighed. He wondered what she might be thinking about.

After a while, he finally said, "How do you know about this place? I've never seen it before."

He quickly forgot about his question when their food was brought, being too busy immediately wolfing down his food to listen if she had answered his question anyways. He paused when she said that she knew where they could stay the night then asked when he last was in a bed. "Hm? I dunno, I think it was just a few ago. An old lady found me and decided to let me sleep in her house for a couple of days..." That treatment didn't last long, though. It was when AFAH was changing everyone, and apparently they had grown tired of the lady...

Ekibio pushed away his food, suddenly losing his appetite, but forced down a drink of his tea anyways.
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Date: April 3rd, 2020
Time: 3:10 pm

Phantom of Envy (Mizuki)
bb02a2da929122905e47736523d837ee.jpg

The phantom that used to be called Towako blinked. Then it threw his head back and laughed. Laughed so hard in fact that tears started to form in its eyes, which the phantom swiped away with a single gloved finger. “Want. Want. Want. That’s all I’m hearing from you, Human. What about what I want?”

Once the laugher died, the phantom slipped his free gloved hand back into the pocket of his white jacket and assessed Ryotaro amusedly. “Princess Oto has always been a hassle to deal with—falling in love with humans and crying over the littlest of things. Unfortunately, because she’s a goddess, her regalias just have to deal with it. Again. And Again. And Again. It really does get tiring listening to her while after a while, so I honestly pity them for having to deal with her~”

Spinning his umbrella, the white haired phantom glanced up at the sky. Ryuujin was a god that brought forth rain. Therefore, his regalias often carried around umbrellas with them. Even if he was no longer Ryuujin’s regalia, it had become a habit because of Towako’s memories. He’d first met the child Ryuujin on a rainy day as well. “You heard me crying, you say? Screaming it’s not my fault?” Towako tilted his head. “I suppose I might have…After all, it’s not my fault I want to live, is it? It’s not my fault I need to eat. It’s not my fault I became a phantom. It’s not my fault I feel what I feel towards Uroko. It’s not my fault I got tricked by a human.”

Emphasizing the word human, the phantom’s gaze dropped back to Ryotaro. “Not that she is actually a human, mind you, but that doesn’t really matter. I never liked humans anyway. I don’t want my negativity erased. I enjoy tasting these feelings that I’ve neglected all my life and I don’t need your salvation because I’m already saved. She saved me. I finally remember everything. All my lives. All my suffering. You think just seeing a couple of visions about our lives mean you understand us, human?” He scoffed. “Don’t delude yourself. I feel freer than I ever have when I worked for a god. I can do whatever I want without any repercussions. If I want something I take it. If I don’t like something, I kill it. And why shouldn’t I? Humans do that all the time, don’t they? That’s how the world works.”

Mimicking the excuse Ryotaro gave for unknowingly attempting to kill him, the phantom then shook his head. “I spent so long, so hard, trying not to be a phantom and for what? Because the Heavens told me it was bad? Because it Ryuujin would hate me for it?” The last note had a bit of sadness to it because Towako’s memories were a part of it as well. The nameless jellyfish that got killed by a hunter. The phantom that needed to eat. They were all him. And now that he finally evolved, just as she said he would, he understood things very clearly. “The gods are all liars. And you’re a liar too. You don’t actually feel sorry at all about what you're doing otherwise you wouldn’t keep doing it~ So I don’t want your apologies.” The phantom leaned forward so his lips were a mere millimeter from Ryotaro’s ear and his hand on the boy’s shoulder “What I want is for you to Leave. Me. Alone.”

Straightening, the phantom held up two fingers. “Since you’re amusing, and you did play a part in helping me get my memories back, I’ll consider this strike two. One more strike and you’ll become my enemy. At that point, it’s all fair game since—as you said—that’s how the world works~”

He shrugged. “What I told you about not getting involved was actually for your own good. If I don’t kill you for continuously peeking into my affairs, she will. Plots are going underway to reignite what was started 10 years ago and a human sticking their nose into would it be a nuisance if they are on the other side. I don’t blame her for it either. After, I am a phantom now and I understand their cries—much more than you claim to. The Heavens continuously tout their righteous banner when they’re really no different from us. It’s laughable how hypocritical they are, really.”

The phantom turned on his heels . “If you want to learn our truth, you’ll actually have to cross over to our side, but it’s obvious from your words that you don’t understand us at all. So it’s better for your health if you forget all you’ve seen and just remain a neutral bystander for either side to exploit just as you humans always have. You’ll live a little longer that way. But of course, I doubt I can expect a human to listen to sound advice, given how ignorant you all are, so it really is just an act of kindness on my part. Take it however you want. I don’t need you to lecture me about my past or what I could’ve done better. I run from Ryuujin because a small part of me, the one that remembers my past life as a regalia, is afraid a little of him, but also because a larger part of me wants to eat him…so, so much that it hurts,” The phantom licked his dry lips. “Ah, and now you’ve gotten me hungry just thinking about him~He’s the one person I don’t want to hurt, but at the same time, he’s the one person I want to hurt the most. It’s a strange feeling. Not even I know what I want to do with him.” He glanced back at Ryotaro and smiled. “The ignorant Towako that had his memories sealed, that blindly followed his god, is gone. In his place as, as you said, is someone who has lived through 3 lives. Who has all his memories and understands things so much better. Mizuki’s a fitting name so I’ll add to the list I’ve been trying to come up with, but honestly, I don’t give a damn what you call me, Ryotaro Hirai. I’ve watched you when you were following Kenji around. Knowingly or unknowingly, you’re a real nuisance to phantoms so don’t try to make yourself feel better by saying you’re trying to help us. That’s the same thing the gods tell themselves when they kill us~”

A portal to the underworld opened by his command. However, before he could make his exit, since he was done talking, a wall of light stopped him. “Oh?” Towako/Mizuki’s eyes gleamed as he turned to face Uroko who no longer hid. He looked between Uroko and Ryotaro before his grin widened. “Is this a party? Where’s Ryuujin? I can’t imagine that you of all people would leave him unprotected and alone in the near shore. ”

Uroko ignored that question. “We only want to talk to you.”

“What else is there to say?”
The umbrella holding phantom laughed. “I have no intention of telling you anything, Blessed Vessel, and you can’t force it out of me either because I no longer have a name for you to use against me. So you're just wasting your time if it's just talk.”

“Why did you betray our king? Why are you collaborating with Nikushimi?”
There was no doubt about it now. The 'she' he referred to could only be one person. "You owe your former comrades that much at least."

“Isn’t it obvious? I loved Ryuujin and I hated you,”
The phantom sighed at how dumb Uroko was being that he never knew. “I didn’t plan for it at first, you know. As I told Hirai, I fell for the same folly Ryuujin often falls for and was tricked into letting the she-phantom, whom I thought to be human, into the palace. I didn’t know what her plans were and I would never do something to purposefully hurt Ryuujin…but it was too late at the point. I made a mistake and the damage was done. Stripped of my name, I would’ve died then and there—killed by my king, who I devoted my whole life to faithfully serve, like all other phantoms—if Nikushimi hadn’t saved me. I wanted to live, you see.” Towako cocked his head. “Tell me, what would you have done if you’d been in my shoes? Wait, you don’t need to tell me, Uroko. I already know. You’re a Blessed Vessel. You’d offer your life and your name for your god. I can’t do that. I can’t be so single-minded and dumb as you. Like every other former regalia that followed the rules and let themselves be killed by Ryuujin to protect the purity of the castle and the sea. When put to the test, I caved, just like every other sinner. That’s why I can’t stand looking at you, Uroko.”

The umbrella shaded the phantoms eyes as if blocking out a light. “You and I were fundamentally different from the start. Nikushimi knows what I am and accepted me for what I am. That’s what Ryuujin can never do. He could never accept a phantom like myself and I have no intention of going back to the way I was. So, if you want to do me a favor, just tell Ryuujin to LEAVE. ME. ALONE!”

At the phantom’s voice, or rather, at the negativity he exuded, hundreds of lesser phantoms swirled out from the underworld to cloud the skies above Shirotome High as rain started to fall.

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
Time: 2:32 pm​
Miu (Regalia)
Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen )
Miu.jpg

"So we still need to track down the scrawny red head? Sure his skills in his field are most likely un matched but can't it wait until tomorrow. You have been through a lot today and the last thing we need is the drowned rat showing up again because we entered his self proclaimed terf. " Miu shook her head in dismay at the very vague memory of Ryujin. Finally a realization clicked in her mind, what was Kobe and what made it real? She knew that some humans used the name Kobe for each other, did Azani suggest they go to a place where they serve different people Kobe's as meals. "Hmm I was unaware that humans served other people to each other. A most unfortunate circumstance for anyone born with the name Kobe but in a place like that there must be a surplus of negative emotions. Very well take me to this place that serves Kobe!" Miu said in a bit more of a demanding tone then she meant to.

Still the fact that humans were serving food made of other humans to each other was a fascinating realization. These humans were in much more of a need of a guide then Miu thought they would be. Although this was a good opportunity. Humans eating other humans was sinful, even if it was popular. That meant dozens of people who took part in the eating of Kobe would need to pray for redemption. A very crafty plan concocted by Azani. Miu was indeed paired with the right goddess.

Time: 3:10 pm​

Ryotaro Hirai
There was a difference between misunderstanding and failing to understand. While he hated the former, the latter was infinitely harder to deal with. The eyes he was born with allowed him to understand people, but it didn't go both ways. It was more than simply seeing visions of the past, but there was no way to properly convey that. The things he experienced were impossible to put into words, so it was impossible for people to understand. Humans weren't supposed to understand things like that. Of course spirits would find it hard to believe him and accept that he was capable of doing things other humans couldn't. Although, that didn't just apply to spirits. Like them, humans would never fully understand him. No matter how much he understood them, they'd never understand him. It would be cruel of him to think otherwise.

Based on the phantom's reaction, he hadn't caught on to what was happening. He didn't seem to think Ryuujin was here, but even if a part of him was wary, he wouldn't suspect that the sea god was hiding inside the body of a high school boy, especially one who intentionally spoke in a way that would anger him. Uroko was doing his job by trapping their target and serving as a distraction, the phantom becoming blinded by emotions. Like before, the brewing storm showed that he was agitated. This was their one chance.

As the rain started to fall, Ryo remained silent, hoping he wouldn't catch a cold if he was lucky enough to survive this. He had enough of being caught in the rain. I think I'll take your advice. As thanks for sparing his life, he'd do as the phantom asked and leave him alone. At this point, Ryo was finished. The conversation was over, and he got the information Uroko wanted. Like the silver-haired man said, he could now consider his debt paid. He no longer had any reason to feel guilty. Things hadn't turned out as he hoped, but it was never about the result. He just didn't want to regret not taking the chance, never asking and never knowing what could have been. Now he knew.

Even if others play a role in determining how things play out, one still had to take responsibility for themselves and their own actions. Even with outside influence, people ultumately decide how their lives change on their own. Towako had clearly made his decision. He delighted in negative emotions. He enjoyed taking them from people and didn't care about the lives that were lost as a result of his actions. Even if phantoms born from corrupted regalia could be saved, that didn't mean Towako could, especially not by him. Ryo had his answer now, so there was no reason to feel regret.

He always made it a point to never run away when there was something he could do. He never wanted to repeat his mistakes and regret looking away. However, he knew fully well when there was nothing he could do. No matter what he said or what he did, it wouldn't change anything. Not for the better, at least. He no longer had to take responsibility for this situation, and nothing he did would have any meaningful impact. Knowing that, there was nothing he could do to convince himself that there was a place for him here. These were the only moments he could allow himself to turn away. When there was nothing else he could do, it was time to leave it to someone else.

"It's your call. Whenever you're ready." Ryo got his answers, but more importantly, Ryuujin had seen the truth. Uroko said himself that his master would want to know the answers to questions that had been with him for over ten years. Because of this conversation, he now knew everything. He'd never have to wonder what could have been if he took the time to find these things out. He wouldn't be haunted by constant thoughts of 'what if'. He wouldn't have to regret striking down a former servant.

Briefly looking up at the amassing phantoms, Ryo noticed the flock of birds fleeing the school rooftop. Yeah, that's a good idea. It's dangerous here. Unlike them, he couldn't leave just yet. He had to play his part to the very end and wait for Ryuujin to make his decision. That was all he could do now. He cleared his mind, tossing out all thoughts as he prepared for whatever came next. He didn't need to think anymore. After all, it didn't matter what he thought.

??? + ???
"What do you plan to do?"

"Just keep making sure we stay hidden. For now, I want to see how this plays out. If things get out of control, I'll handle it. Yasumi is still keeping an eye on those humans, so you focus on those ugly rain clouds. This is Ryuujin's problem, so I'd rather not interfere if I don't have to." The sea god was in a tough situation. He didn't envy him or anyone else down in that field. "Show me some divine wind, Ryuu. Or I'll do it for you."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 12:35 pm​

Kami_X (God)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

“Pfft-hahaha! You’re more serious than you look,” Kami_X said after he was released, his voice mixed with laughter as he straightened his collar. The guy had seemed distracted by whatever he was looking at out the window, so Kami_X half-thought the other god hadn’t been paying attention. For some reason, his relationship with the girls always resulted in some level of disdain on their part. Pinky. Renka. Possibly Sumiko-chan as well, though Kami_X hadn’t read the text he received yet. Was it something a god of despair and disdain could sense? Fascinating. The fact that he attempted to force a truce showed his aversion to that which gave his birth.

A product of his “rehabilitation” no doubt. Truthfully, Kami_X couldn’t imagine the sort of 100 years of training it took to switch from loving negativity to abhorring it, but he could respect the diligence towards enlightenment he supposed. Unlike many gods, whose purity caused them to lean away from phantoms, Kami_X didn’t hate negativity. On the contrary, he found a person—human, god, or otherwise—without an ounce of negativity to be suitably boring. Positivity and negativity were simply two sides of a coin, after all. Love and hate. Gods and phantoms. Humans were a balance of both and could create both given the circumstances in their lives.

In that sense, one could almost call them siblings.

Kami_X chuckled as he remembered the abhorrent look old Tenjin—one of the few gods that paid mind to the thoughts of a 40-year-old god—gave him when that idea was brought in one of their many philosophical discussions. He enjoyed teasing the pride and irritation out of others more than he cared to admit. The caveat, of course, was to not let the negativity corrupt the soul and twist it into something else. That required a spirit with a strong sense of self—one un-swayed by the rampant emotions around them. Kami_X did know better than to tease a fragile spirit that would become a monster at the slightest provocation, after all.

Well. He tried not to at least.

He could see that #4389 nodded and accepted the marker, but couldn’t quite look Shorn in the eye, likely embarrassed by her “uncivilized” display. Not surprising if it came from someone she wanted to name her and Renka, as Kami_X recalled, had always been a bit…high-strung. A strong spirit in one sense, but weak in another. It was probably a good thing that Shorn reminded her the risk of grudge for one such as herself. But then, there were no spirits without flaws. The guidance of a god who, if his words were to be believed, is older than 100 years would certainly strengthen it. Probably. #4389 also had excellent support from what he could see of the brown-haired spirit who was showing her the paper crane Senka taught her to fold. It wasn’t surprising that his regalias were good with kids. That had been one of his requests when he made a bid for an SSA spirit after all—a soul that didn’t mind hanging out with children.

Specifically, teenagers in their adolescent age.

Straightening his glasses, Kami_X glanced down at the PDA Shorn forced into his hand, studying it curiously. “Sorry, my godly Spidey-sense has its on and off days.”

It wasn’t as if he actively looked for those that might find him entertaining enough to watch. Simply a gut feeling that stood out because he wasn’t often noticed by the humans around him. Just phantoms. More specifically, the phantoms that wanted to eat him and, while he did get a sense that the number of them were growing, he, admittedly, had been procrastinating on getting a regalia because he hadn’t thought it to be a big deal and—even if some gods went missing/dead during the war— there were other gods in Kyoto that could handle it. Like Inari. Or Ryuujin. Or Hachiman. Major gods.

Stray gods like him had their own thing to worry about.

While he found the cryptic talk entertaining, he wasn’t a genius at deciphering what he had no clue about either—seeing as he knew about as much as Nana did (without her trust in Shorn). He could only make assumptions. For example, the fact that Shorn agreed with his statement meant that Shorn was indeed being watched and, given their line of “conversation”, the watch extended to the region within the circle. More importantly, it included the SSA building as well. Did that mean that whoever was watching them—possibly Ayame given that few others had a reason to keep an eye on Shorn—knew of the job Kami_X was taking for Nana? Was the building itself compromised? Kami_X found that unlikely, given how many defenses Nana set up against phantoms since the war 10 years ago, but he couldn’t deny the possibility either. Then again, ‘watch’ was also different from ‘take notice’ and it wasn’t as if Kami_X did anything worth noticing—unless one counted a god hiring regalias as suspicious.

Not like watch was the equivalent of a heinous practice of dark sorcery that defied the Heaven’s either.

Even the job itself seemed more like a vacation to Kami_X since Nana only asked him to report anything abnormal that he ‘saw’ at the resort. If he ‘saw’ nothing, then that was the end of that. Honestly, Kami_X was hoping for the latter so he could just enjoy a nice stay at Ayame’s luxury resort without making enemies with another goddess. Less hassle that way. Besides, it wasn’t as if he thought he could count on a regalia that barely just learned borderline to defend him against a major threat. He needed them at the school anyway, considering it was one of the areas being ‘watched’, and he didn’t want Roka—who had only recently died and become a regalia—to be involved in something so dangerous off the bat. Senka was a possibility, but he didn’t want Roka alone at the school either. Hence the Nora…if she agreed to the task.

If not, he’d have to take the gamble with one of his newly hired employees.

Kami_X took a screen shot of the map and emailed it to himself before passing the PDA back to Shorn with a smile. “According to the many gods I’ve spoken with, my judgement is questionable at best, but I shall do my utmost to not disappoint~”

The last time he tried to inform the Heavens that AFAH had become a problem on the internet, which was rapidly spreading anti-faith sentiments, the bigwigs up in the sky hadn’t taken him seriously. Few took a 40-year-old god who spent most of his time typing away in a closet seriously. He was used to it. However, there were some that did and those were the ones he intended to spread the information to—if it was worth spreading, of course. "Seriously though, I'm grateful for the offering. The details Nana was able to give me were pitiful at best and I'll try and curb my tendency to tease the girl you want to name if it bothers you. We lived together in the same closet for a month you see. It was a...novel...experience for her."

Reaching into his pocket, Kami_X pulled out his phone and checked Sumiko-chan’s text. He chuckled before quickly replying with a ‘sorry 'bout that~’ and several bandage stickers to fix her heart. After a thought, he also added ‘How can I make it up to you?’ as a follow up text and snapped a sheepish picture of his face to send to her as well. Dante Verren Dante Verren

“Who are you texting?”
Roka asked curiously, peeking over his shoulders.

“None of your business,” Kami_X replied, shading his phone from his nosy new regalia. Smirking amusedly, Roka seemed to let it go and returned to talking to Senka and #4389 about borderlines. Only when Roka seemed adequately distracted did Kami_X continue texting. Though, this time, his message was to a different person. A Nora he’d only really heard about today, but seemed to have the respect of Kyoto’s SSA Branch Manager. Her business card didn’t have much on her other than a few names and a number. While there were a couple of striking names on the list, Kami_X wasn’t one to get his hopes up. After all, plenty of people fibbed a bit on resumes and business cards to get a bit of an upper hand when it came to getting jobs and using famous names to market oneself wasn’t that uncommon.

Since he had no idea how busy she was at the moment, he texted her a simple message:

‘Meet me tomorrow at 9 am in [Shirotome High, Room 202/Computer Club] if you’re interested in discussing a job – Kami_X, god of hackers and Lord of Information Larceny.’

He linked the google directions to Shirotome High to the text since he had no idea how familiar the Nora would be with Kyoto. Or Shirotome High. It was only one of many high schools in the vast urban city, after all. A relatively normal one in his mind since he imagined all schools probably had their own minor phantom problems and their own little mystery to them. As for the fact that a god occasionally lived there…well…strays find their own homes in all sorts of places. It was just a matter of preference. And, as odd as it was, he rather liked his closet.

The Secret Archives The Secret Archives VeiledPariah VeiledPariah

Last edited:
Time: 1:04 pm​
Shorn, God of Despair & Disdain
Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Shorn wasn't too sure what to take of Kami_X's statement was it better to be more serious than you look. Was it some kind of indirect insult? Did he look like someone who could be walked over? Shorn's mind spun the idea around several times before dropping it entirely, he couldn't quite figure it out. Either way, things seemed to go over rather well between the two of them. Kami_X & #4389 seemed to be willing to listen to him, and that was enough for that whole interaction. One goal, one attempt, and it was enough to build some kind of bridge in the mean time. Shorn wasn't too sure if he would take #4389 with them to the Lilium Luxury Resort, but if he did their issues wouldn't help but complicate things.

Shorn scoffed at Kami_X's comment about his godly Spidey-sense, "Sounds inefficient might want to look into a career change. Maybe look into journalism, the glasses already are suited for it. Plus there's no need for spidey-sense when you're super, ain't that right?" Shorn moved over and then gave a light jab to Kami_X's shoulder.

He noticed that Kami_X took the moment to screenshot, and then email the map to himself, smart. It was a very good quality, he was already thinking on his feet and taking precautionary measures. If Shorn was going to be talking in cryptic lingo, then being able to refer back to it would be worthwhile. It seems that Nana chose someone decent to undertake the circumstances at hand. "Well, Kami_X you're in luck, I'm not like many of the gods you've spoken too. Therefore, your judgement shall be respected until otherwise proven." Shorn did laugh when he spoke about Nana's lack of details, "It's no issue." Shorn looked down to #4389 and smiled, "I think she should be the one to determine that, not myself. I think individual choices and trust are a part of a good working environment."

Shorn stood apart from the group, the window in the back, he was taking in all the interactions between them, Kami_X's exchanges back and forth with Roka. Then there was Senka, #4389 who were conversing with one another now, and even Kami_X had his nose buried in his phone again. It was odd, the scenery was... nice, calming. They all seemed to be having a relatively good time with one another. Yet, a feeling still crept up to sour that small moment of peace and serenity that found itself in Shorn's presence. "They have this because they're free, and not oppressed. This is the existence that you can't have. Go ahead, take what they have." It didn't stop there, it wanted to continue to grow, and overwhelm him. However, this was the reason Shorn had mental barriers, and took the time in the past to resist such temptations. Envy, it was a difficult one to manage, but proper thoughts, and rationalization would show that Shorn didn't need those kinds of things. Though, it wasn't entirely wrong, the oppression was a crippling weight that was holding him down, but he took steps to work free of that now.

However, upon recollection, Shorn's eyebrow rose in visible confusion, that voice wasn't his. Wait, that wasn't in his head, and then he felt it on his shoulder. It was a weight that wasn't there before, and in that place was a Bird. It was the one from the windowsill, did his lapse in judgement allow it to sneak this close? Shorn was a bit pale with this ungodly abomination sitting upon his shoulder, its beak opening and closing quite audibly now. Then, that voice rang out again, but it wasn't the same voice that Shorn just heard, instead Kami_X's voice rang out with a distorted feature to it. "Kami_X, God of Hackers and Lord of Information Larceny. Interested in discussing a job? 9 AM." Its beak went back to a quick and audible clacking as it stood on Shorn's shoulders, but its eyes were locked on Kami_X... or rather, just over his shoulder. Behind Kami_X a sound of flapping could be heard as another bird landed just behind him overlooking his shoulder looking down at his phone's message. The bird's head tilted before, in unison, they spoke at the same time. "Shirotome. Shirotome! Shirotome! Kami_X, 9 AM Shirotome Highschool, yes? No? Room 202, Ro..."

They both stopped. There was a moment of silence from the distorted voices, and their heads twisted opposite of one another. Their soulless eyes flipped over the spirits sitting at the table, and then looked at the waiter who was stumbling their way over to the table.

Time: 1:08 pm​
Herald of The Flock (Phantom)

It was odd, a mere moment ago the air in Hanabi Amaku Grills felt as though it were full of wonderful smells, and it seemed as though it were alive. Now, it felt like the air became stale, and a heavy feeling loomed in the air. As if not enough, it suddenly felt like the walls of the restaurant began to close in as all eyes shifted towards the group at their table. Eyes from all directions, the restaurant silent, and the waiter continued to approach the group in a shuffle as though they were struggling to use their body. Soon enough, the man from earlier who had been chewed out by management because of Shorn's incident came into view. His complexion seemed a bit off, and he looked like he was extremely confused. Then, a wheeze broke free of their mouth, "...Help.." The word carried through the dead silence of Hanabi Amaku Grills as if it continually echo'd throughout.

Then the waiter's body jerked a bit, and stood up perfectly still without wasted effort. It was robotic in motion. Upon their shoulder were several birds that were gripping their uniform in their talons, and their beaks were opened completely wide revealing their eye clusters. If one were to listen closely, it almost sounded as though cackling were coming out of them as they stood there on the waiter's shoulders.

Without a moment of hesitation, the birds on Kami_X & Shorn's shoulders seemingly melted into a black liquid that ran down both of them. It quickly pooled at their feet, and slithered across the floor towards the waiter who now stood as if frozen in time. Each bird on their shoulder repeated the process, however, the liquid flowed back into the air behind the waiter. It moved against gravity, and climbed up to a point just above their head where a bandaged limb came into sight that was dug into the head of them. Then throughout the restaurant more liquid came out from all kinds of locations, it poured from the ceiling, came up from the floorboards and it all conjoined behind the waiter.

The puddle laid at the feet of the waiter, and then it ruptured upwards attaching itself to the bandaged limb that was hanging loosely from the back of the waiters head. From the edge of the limb, it grew, and soon it was attached to a figure regaining its stability. A black satin cloth fell overtop the brief view of an old decrepit body that was in view for a short moment. Atop the body emerged an oversized hollow bird's skull, and it turned to face the group with a completely smooth grace that seemed ill placed.

The waiter's mouth opened, "Hello Gods..." They rose a hand gesturing over to #4389, #10013, Roka & Senka, "Spirits, how you do?" There was laughter that came from behind the waiter, "Behold." The Herald waved its broken limb out in front of the waiter, "Do you enjoy? You there, red haired one, do you like?" It kept itself behind the waiter as a human shield, and since it was directly connected to them, it would mark the human as something similar to itself. "I am it. It who watches. I heard you ask little Kami of the X. You ask of me, the Herald, and I respond. Comprehend? In return - -" Suddenly, the waiter's eyes brightened, and then they shook violently against the Herald, yet once more their eyes returned to a dull color. Then were robotically still again, "Humans..." The bird skull shook back and forth, "Despicable." The waiter's eyes narrowed towards the group, "In return I answer the call, that is god's job, no? Heed the call as though slaves from another shore. So again, Kami of the X, I ask now in return do you know what lies ahead?"

Last edited:
Time: 3:05 pm​

Inari (Goddess)

11ab0f2798d231a0a1fded2d89e21663.jpg
“Hm, I see,” Kintaru nodded. “Well, if it’s something like that, I’m sure Inari-sama wouldn’t mind helping you, Seiichi-dono.”

“Of course she wouldn’t!”
Mamaru licked her bowl clean. “Inari-sama has helped lots of gods in rebuilding their shrines these past 10 years~ Now that the war is over, she’s been saying that everyone should work together to make sure Kyoto is spiritually safe and businesses are booming again!”

“That she has,”
Kintaru agreed amusedly as he returned to frying the Inari Yakiudon noodles for any worshippers that stopped by. Some remembered him by name when they came back. Others didn’t. However, that didn’t matter. He enjoyed making them and talking to those who came to see Inari about the on-goings of the world. Food stalls were excellent attractions to draw in curious visitors, after all, and godly coffers didn’t fill themselves. Inari wasn’t one of the richest gods in Japan for nothing. All her regalias were taught the basics of running a business while retaining a degree of spiritual dignity.

A couple of minutes passed in silence as Mamaru helped herself to another serving when the fox spirit’s ears perked up and she looked to the sky.

“Look! Look! She’s back!” Mamaru pointed to a flying, white fox that burst through the clouds above them. She waved both arms delightedly. “We’re over here Inari-sama! Kimiru-san!”

Riding side-saddle on one of her messengers, the divine fox Junki, Inari descended from the skies towards Mount Inari. More specifically, the location where Mamaru and Seiichi were eating. Gracefully climbing down from her regalia as it lowered itself into a resting position, the fox goddess brushed her salmon-colored hair to the side before beaming at Seiichi. “Ara ara~it looks like I have a guest. I apologize to have kept a fellow rice god waiting.”

Leaving her bowl, the Mamaru ran up to greet her goddess, who gave her the appropriate head pats.

“How was the meeting, Inari-sama?”

8926f80c562a1c6b2668b63a90855a9c.png
“As tiring as usual,” Inari sighed. “Raijin calls for a purge of Yomi, Seimei divines another war, Sarutohiko crying about his wife, and most other gods either arguing for the sake of arguing or burying their heads in the sand. I almost wish I followed Ryuujin’s example and just ignored all the Heavenly calls. It’s not like anything ever gets resolved.”

“What of the newly evolved phantoms?”

“Same as always. By the Queen’s orders, all phantoms and those opposing the Heavens are to be exterminated on sight.”

“Nothing’s changed then…”

“No,”
Inari agreed. “But more sympathizers are popping up. Mostly from younger, newly-ascended gods who didn’t fight them in the last war and don’t feel comfortable exorcising sentient beings, capable of fully functioning thought. The Banner Under the Moon, the gods who took the King Consort's side during the case of his exile, who are advocating his return to court, are growing louder as well. I don’t blame them. I heard he did fight quite valiantly for the Heavens in the last war…which reminds me. ”

Inari glanced up to the distance where yet another storm was beginning to form. And another. Kyoto had been chalk full of them lately. “I’ve been informed by Tsukuyomi that his daughter and Ryuujin have come to pay Kyoto a visit. He asks that we treat them kindly should they stop by our shrine.”

Both her regalias nodded as they followed her gaze to the concentration of gloom in the sky. It was Kintaru that spoke next. “Let’s head inside, Inari-sama. You must me tired from the meeting. I’ll draw you a warm bath.”

“Thank you, Kintaru-kun.”
Lifting the sleeves of her large kimono so that it covered her mouth, Inari glanced towards Seiichi. “If you’ll excuse me Seiichi-dono, I would like to cleanse myself before we continue this discussion~You may stay at my shrines for however long it pleases you. Mamaru. Kimiru. I hope you two will keep Seiichi-dono company and assist him as needed. Also, make sure the borderlines are secure and all charms are in place so that unnecessary filth doesn't get into my lawn without permission.”

“Of course!”

At the sound of her name, the large white fox became a woman in priestly garbs who brought her sleeves together and bowed.

Takumi98 Takumi98
(mentioned: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah Lucem Lucem The Secret Archives The Secret Archives )

Last edited:
Time: 2:33
c9dc477bed364602e090bee72719d71adde93171.png

Azani started to laughed when she heard Miu assumed Kobe was a person and they would be eating them. " No no Kobe is a type of beef, it is food humans eat, but this is the best in the world." she explained, though really judging that was subjective but people thought it was" Still there will be plenty of prideful people there, I am not sure how much normal food will satisfy you " Azani continued as if you were eating something high quality you of course felt good about it and yourself and that you could afford it. " But lets go" Azani said taking Miu hand and instead of using her Yomi skipping she called upon the ability all gods had to teleport, Azani had not used it before with Kuro as something about her being a phantom seemed to stop the power, but now that she was named it worked just fine.

Time: 2:34

The duo would appear in a Yakiniku shop that while not looking like the kind of high class place one would find the best beef in the world, Azani knew it had Kobe. She had done some work with the great grand father that had set the shop up and had watched over the shop stopping by when she needed a good meal. She knew the shop was still in family hands and the family knew ranchers so they got the good beef as if they were the highest of class restaurant. Still despite the unassuming looks as it was clearly a humble place build in traditional styles, there was plenty of negative emotions. Well there was lots of pride, but not truly unhealthy pride, but Miu would not doubt have a good meal of pride flavored with success and aged to perfection.

"Sometimes being old has its advantages I know so many nice small places" Azani said as she willed them both to be seen as gods could go about seen or unseen should they desire it. When Azani appeared with Miu beside her the woman at the front desk didn't look scared, she looked surprised but not scared.

" Been awhile got a booth open I need some Kobe" Azani said almost casually

" Of course" The woman said as if greeting an old friend. The pair would be taken to a booth there there was a large grill between them where they would be able to cook their meat.

" You can still eat the lingering pride around here right?" Azani asked once they were alone and waiting for their high class meat to be sliced and brought to them.

Time: 1: 09 pm​

Kami_X (God) + Roka (Regalia)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg

“Haha, you must’ve misheard then,” Kami_X slid his phone back into his pocket as he slowly stood from his seat. “I don’t remember asking you to intrude on our meal.”

The creepily annoying voice. The entrance of the bird phantom (s). The stale feeling in the air as gloom permeated the establishment. The stumbling of the waiter. Kami_X took it all in with relative calmness as his mind worked to analyze the situation. He wasn’t a god that did a lot of fighting in his day to day life business, but he was by no means inexperienced either, especially given the phantom outbreak at Shirotome High ten years ago. “Senka, protect the girls. Come, Ruki.”

Red pistol in hand, he aimed his weapon at the waiter/phantom while Senka acted immediately, drawing a borderline to protect the young girls who hid behind him. They still peeked though—#10013 staring wide-eyed at the waiter while #4389 glanced worriedly towards Shorn.

What are you doing X!? You heard the waiter, right? He was calling for help…

Yes, and we’re going to help him.
The young god’s hand were steady and resolute as he continued to hold Ruki protectively out in front of him. Should the phantom choose to attack them, he knew who his priorities were. He knew who mattered to him more and he wasn’t particularly afraid of getting his hands dirty. Letting a spy that potentially had vital information escape wasn’t generally a good idea either.

By shooting him!?

You’re a regalia now. A divine weapon of the gods—one that shoots down "evil". Good and evil is up to you so who you choose land my judgement on is in your hands.

W-What do you mean?

“You’re the Herald of the Flock, right?” Kami_X pushed up his glasses without looking away from the target. You have the power to decide who I kill. Humans judged each other, not gods. Humans were the ones with the morals. Therefore their spirits were the ones that served as guideposts for gods. Many of the older gods and regalias clung to the idea that gods were the ones that decided—probably for the safety of the world since human decisions tend to result in a calamity of some sort—but the truth of the matter was Kami_X could fire all the bullets he wanted and they wouldn’t hurt a fly if he and Roka weren’t of the same mind. It’s just like drawing a borderline. Which do consider the threat to you? To us? The waiter or the phantom? Even if the body they occupy is the same, their spirits are still fundamentally different beings, as evidenced by the fact the human is still resisting the phantom’s control. That means the waiter’s spirit hasn’t been devoured yet. Kami_X saw the moment the human’s eyes brightened and body shook violently. The phantom is a creature of the far shore while the human body belongs in the near shore. If you're careful and properly distinguish between the two, you can make it so your bullets hit the far shore resident without doing any damage to the near shore.

…I have no idea what you’re talking about. Besides, I can’t even consistently draw a borderline yet…

Kami_X mentally sighed. This is why he generally preferred to hire experienced regalias. They had more confidence and knew what they were doing. Then again, Roka could hardly be blamed for that. Confidence is gained through experience and Roka was only recently named a couple of hours ago. “Or do you prefer the Messenger of the Forgotten? You’re quite the famous phantom.” On certain occult sites. Kami_X wasn’t the Lord of Information Larceny for nothing. He might not know anything about the goddess of Vitality’s supposed criminal activities, but he’d heard of the infamous creature born during the 8th who controlled a flock of birds, took hostages, and consistently evaded the purification of the gods. Caused quite a bit of problems in the 11th century as well or so he was told. “So what do you find so interesting that you’d want to keep an eye on lil ol’ me? I’m not a seer or anything.”

If Roka wasn’t yet confident he shoot only the phantom, taking a risk with an innocent human’s life on the line wasn’t his style…unless of course the phantom decided to attack them. If it came to that, human shield or not, Kami_X intended to fire. He didn’t have the luxury to save others when his life—as well as the lives of the people he cared for—could be in danger. Sadly, the waiter wasn’t on the list.

Only one way to learn.

Wait! I’m not ready! What if I accidently hit the civilian hostage?!

Ready or not, we might not have a choice. Chances are it’ll just kill the body it possessed and consume the waiter’s spirit afterwards anyway.

Nonononono! You can't have me take that sort of risk with an innocent bystander! You're a god, aren't you? Isn't there something else you can do?

Humans tended to have expectations of gods as well...and their spirits after they die weren't that much different. He could already hear Pinky nagging about what a coward of a god he was. Successfully resisting the urge to physically sigh, Kami_X's features gave no indication of the turmoil with his new regalia as he seamlessly answered the Herald's question. “I have no idea what lies ahead. I’m just your average working god trying to live, eat, and one day make it big in this world.”

The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

Last edited:
Time: 2:38 pm​
Miu (Regalia)
Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen )
Miu.jpg

Miu was absolutly shocked when she was told Kobe was not in fact human. She had been so sure that Azani had meant that the humans ate any poor soul named Kobe. Well it was probably for the best they didn't eat each other anyways. If they did then it would likely result in an increase of more of the annoying lesser phantoms. Some of them were cute, like the little bird ones. Others were absolutely revolting looking. Charming in their own way sure but not to Miu's liking. Thinking back onto the little bird phantoms that she had sometimes played with the image that popped up in her head was... different. She was sure that she had used to think they were cute. Now when she thought of them she thought they looked more disturbing than cute. Perhaps it was part of becoming a regalia. The creatures of which she thought were cute now seemed a little more repulsive.

As they sat in the booth Miu sunk back into the comfortable seats, adjusting so that the wing decorations on her back wouldn't be too much in the way. "hmmm these seats are indeed comfortable and the building is quaint. Overall it is so far satisfactory. " As she spoke her eyes scanned the restaurant. No one other then that waiter seemed to be paying attention to the odd pair that was Azani and Miu, a benefit of being a denizen of the far shore. It meant that the two of them would go uninterrupted. Turning her attention back to their own table she finally noticed a cloth wrapping over something. Unwrapping the cloth she found a set of utensils. One of them was obviously a knife while the other two... If memory served her right the humans referred to the pointed one with prongs as a spoon and the round one as a fork. Yes that sounded correct. Nodding her head she picked up the utensils and began to examine them one by one.

Finally being satisfied with her inspection she put them down and began to watch in earnest as the food began to cook in front of her. Her nose lightly twitched as she absorbed the smells of the cooking beef filled her nostrils, and she began to drool a bit. Very quickly she wiped her mouth with a napkin. That was a first. Human food had never once seen even appetizing to her, and now did she not only like the smell of cooking meat, but it even made her do something as embarrassing as drool. Being a regalia was certainly a strange thing.

Time: 1:11 pm
Yuya Sumiko (Spirtual Human) and Yuya Ami (Npc)
Interaction: Kami_X ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Director of Europe.jpgfd24f19986713b80e7bb45d7bd762de1.png

After quite a while of catching up and other good natured conversation Ami's hour long lunch break finally came to an end. "Alright Sumi I have to head back to work. Come here it was good to see you again. "As Ami spoke the two of them stood up and embraced in a firm hug. Pulling away the older sister grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. "Don't worry about the bill. I will pay for both our drinks. Big sisters treat." She said with a smile. "Thank you Ami-nee" Sumiko replied with a smile of her own. It was always good to see her Ami, The free drinks and snacks only made the already fun visits better. With one last wave between the sisters Ami left to pay the bill then head back to work.

Picking up her phone Sumiko saw that she had a text notification over 40 minutes old. Somehow she had hit mute by either accident or by muscle memory when she put the phone down to talk to Ami. Feeling a little guilt she immediately unlocked the phone to read the text from Kami_X. Seeing the text accompanied by a cheesy sheepish looking picture of the god Sumiko let out a small sigh that turned into a light smile. Quickly typing out a reply she hit send, "A college student will never turn down a good meal, especially if someone as gracious as a benevolent god is paying for it." Just like how Kami_X had accompanied his last text with a picture she sent one as well, sending the god a picture of herself doing a one handed prayer. With the text sent she figured she should probably head home and so she quickly gathered her stuff and started the walk to the nearest train station.

Last edited:

b3737022db270aac00a12521e24fe05a.jpg
  • God of Trickery, Performers, & Thieves
    9e47ea5036cdc3f54cae4dcf10286e30.jpg

Time: 7:31 pm
    Mentions: Karcen Karcen (Madness Phantom)
    A Special Audience Another day, another job. At least this one had been mildly more entertaining than any of the other deadend wishes and jobs he had been receiving over the last few days. A number of preachers had gathered together in groups, proclaiming the good news of a god Nomoto had never bothered to learn the name of nor said god's background.

Oh, who was he kidding? He never bothered to learn the names of any of the gods or their background, with exception of those he had already helped build shrines or small tidbits of information he gleaned from here and there. The god was not above traveling and delivering messages from one place to another, which he had done for a few shrines and their gods.

Still, he preferred to stay away from such places. Not exactly his type of abodes to hang out in. But the streets? The people? The little shops and various buildings ? All of it was home to him. He could run anywhere, and never for one moment feel lost. Maybe he just had a godly intuition or map inside his head. But there would always be a feeling he would be more at home here than this fancy place called Heaven every god salivated over joining the ranks of.

No appeal to him. Not one bit.

But, today, instead of being busy and bustling about looking for a job, the god offered his musical services to help the preachers with their proclamations, draw in a better crowd, if not because of doctrine, than at least for the source of the music. It was easy enough. Preachers always wish for a greater gathering, to draw people in. All Nomoto had to do was act on and accept that wish. His fingers would strum along a guitar, playing a religious yet uplifting tune with no regard for the crowd as he stared at the sky, laying himself atop an elevated and leaving his guitar case open in case anyone wished to put any money inside. Any minor phantom would be kept away by a simple talisman, which was wrapped around his wrist. None of these little buggers would be bothering him anytime soon.

It would only be the big ones he would have to worry about.

His one, viridian eye's vision lazily flitted across the various clouds of the sky, almost closed off from the whole world as he kept playing the same old tune. He turned his head to the side, not only to get a good look at the bustling crowds but also to make sure no one bothered to steal any money he was earning.

Then his eyes set upon the one oddity in the crowd. A woman, one with a questionable and very unmodest fashion sense. It was not so much he wanted to look her over like that as much as the distance between them had allowed no say in the matter. Someone like her seemed out of place.

So the god of mischief was intrigued to say the least. He got up, slinging the guitar around his shoulder, before approaching the stranger.

"You're not lost, are you?"

Time: 2:40
c9dc477bed364602e090bee72719d71adde93171.png

Azani watched Miu drool a little at the food as it cooked, that was interesting. Gods and regalia ate, but phantoms did not and it seemed miu could at least be interested in the food. That was a good thing to Azani as she could have Miu join in on meals and any ceremony that might require eating. If Miu actually got nourishment from the food was another question, but Azani didn't feel the need to find the answer, as doing so would require starving Miu. The beef was cooked fairly fast, Azani going for a more medium rare style meat. She often enjoyed well done, but for something this fancy it felt wrong to cook it so thoroughly.

"[b] Well it looks like someone can enjoy food now, that's good it would feel odd to be the only one eating[/b]" Azani chuckled as she pulled a piece of meat off the grill and onto a plate. " Don't let the meat cook to long, if cooked ot much it burns or just ruins the flavor" Azani pointed out as Miu would have likely no experience cooking and thus Azani should give her the basics. The use of a spoon, fork, and knife were not something Azani felt she needed to teach Miu how to use they were example once you had some knowledge. With her advice given Azani turned to her own meat adding a few spices and some sauce that was at the table before cutting into it and digging in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Time: 7:32 pm
Mentions: Fill Fill

Madness Phantom
GgejlqG.jpg

Madness could smell the god before she heard him, her cloak hiding her nature from him. She did not know why a stay god, judging from the fact he was trying to play music to help the worshipers of another god and not his ow, would try to speak with any human. Their lot was to work to keep their name in the mind of at least one person or they would fade. Madness had not called for him and it seemed a this god was in no hurry to answer a prayer to some foolish human to praise him. Still Madness could use another little test subject, the more the merrier and perhaps if she had more gods acting her plan would work. Still what stray god could survive if not constantly acting? The breaking was taking a long time for one god and he had the ability to go without his name being engraved in a human's mind. Madness would play with this little god for a little bit then perhaps get rid of him or not, she did not know or care.

" only as lost as one with nowhere to go and nowhere to return " Madness said with a coy smile as she repeated what a god might know as the regalia naming ritual. " I came out to get a bite to eat leaving my toy behind as he did not fill me as much as I had hoped" She continued a hungry glint in her eyes she wondered how this god might taste.

All phantoms no matter how great or small hungered for souls and gods, though eating them was rarely something like what she had done. blight was the closest more came to consuming a god. In hindsight it made sense as they were not very filling. " Perhaps you are willing to see if you might make a better meal?" She asked her red eyes almost seeming to glow slightly in the fading light of day.

Ryuujin (God) + Nikushimi (Phantom)
01690af9b246957ea0f64e901b2279dc.jpg

Ryuujin, for his part, had still been recovering from his first “foot-print”-touching experience when the phantom that used to be called Towako arrived just as Hirai said he would. The dragon god didn’t envy the human boy if this was what he experienced every time he utilized his ‘divine eye’. Towako’s emotions hit him like a tidal wave. Hurt. Shame. Hatred. Envy. Pride. Lust. He felt everything the spirit he once named Towako felt as he was drawn into the scene from his former regalia’s past. His dislike of the castle’s gossipers. His enjoyment as he lay with the woman that called herself Nikumi.

However, while Towako seemed to find pleasure in his experience with the phantom in human guise, blinded the lust she exuded, the entity that was Ryuujin—that remained separate from Towako’s emotions –felt nothing but disgust towards the witch that desecrated his castle and polluted it with negativity during the war 10 years ago. How could Towako not have seen her for what she was? Even if she wore the body of a human, it was painfully obvious to the god that she was the enemy. A phantom. A creature born of negativity. Even as he experienced everything Towako did at that moment, his own soul rebelled and hated every touch as he watched his regalia’s descent into corruption.

Understanding had its limits, after all.

He was actually rather impressed that Ryotaro Hirai managed to retain his sense of self even when experiencing something a normal human shouldn’t have to experience—the emotions and experiences of others. The burdens all gods felt when they named their regalias. Ryuujin didn’t like feeling them. Didn’t like being stung. It made things difficult to do what he had to do—ensure the purity of the sea. To protect his domain from the phantoms humans create. That was why he’d stuck to naming fish spirits instead of humans spirits…distanced himself from the creatures his first incarnation once protected…but was that a mistake? Hirai, a human, seemed to possess the stronger spirit than ‘Mizuki’ who was originally a jellyfish.

As he listened to the phantom make excuses and voice his complaints, Ryuujin wondered when it all started to fall apart. He remembered the day he named Towako as if it was yesterday. He was a young god then—a child who had gotten bored of the dullness of the Undersea Palace, who wanted to escape the endless books and lectures, when he discovered the lonely-looking jellyfish. It had no name. It couldn’t speak, it couldn’t walk, it couldn’t talk, but it looked lonely to him out in the rain all the same. So he named it. Ryuujin hadn’t even been looking for a weapon when he whimsically brought Towako to the Undersea palace. He’d been looking for a friend.

What changed? At what point did Towako stop trusting him that he had to rely on Nikushimi to express his emotions? Was it his fault? Did he not give Towako the ‘chance’ as Hirai so aptly put it? Uroko didn’t have that problem though….The god of the sea pondered these questions as he heard the conversation come to an end. Evidently, the phantom didn’t have much intention of listening to Ryotaro’s words—not that Ryuujin could entirely blame the phantom for that. The 17-year-old human laid things out a little too thick when he didn’t entirely know what he was talking about (like the fact that Hoori was d*ck and Ryuujin never ran from anything). It felt like Ryuujin was listening to those righteous sages and philosophers of Heaven who liked to word things so they were always ‘right’ and that there was a proper way to live. Like that Rika Murakami. Infinitely annoying. Granted, he did agree with Hirai that running away from ones problems never solved anything. With the war over, the phantoms defeated, and his Undersea Palace restored to its former glory, he’d gotten Tsukuyomi to find him the general location of his phantom-turned former regalia in order to finish things once and for all—with conditions, of course.

The fact that the phantom that used to be Towako evolved changed things, but not by much. Catching him had become more difficult and Uroko convinced Ryuujin that information regarding the wanted phantom Nikushimi could be obtained since the being that used to be Towako gained a human-like form…but his refusal to cooperate with them would be an issue.

You’re done?

He asked as insurance before taking over the human’s body since he didn’t want to hear complaints about it afterwards. The same trick Nikushimi used. Hirai was right in that Towako wouldn’t have expected it—especially from Ryuujin who abhorred deceit. However, Ryuujin wasn’t stupid, and he saw no other way of finding his phantom either…besides drowning Kyoto of course.

“What were you saying about my daughter?” It was Ryotaro’s voice that came out, but the words were Ryuujin’s. Ryotaro/Ryuujin didn’t even wait for Mizuki’s eyes to widen before grabbing the phantom’s arm so it couldn’t escape again; An easy enough task given the close distance. “If you didn’t like it, you should have told me. If you had a problem with the castle, with all the gossip, you should’ve come to me about it. Am I really so scary of a king that you can’t look me in the eyes and tell me how you feel? That you have to say it all to a human?”

Maybe he was. He always got angry after all. He’d heard all the stories about what a terrible monster of dragon his first incarnation was—crushing bones and everything. He didn’t want to be that sort of dragon. Heaven was a pr*ck, but they controlled his rages. After all, if he hadn’t separated himself from humans, chances were he’d have killed them all for the massive oil spill in 2010 anyway. Heaven was rarely in the wrong when it came to the bigger picture, unlike a god like him, who only really saw what was in front of his eyes. Who liked to deal with things as they come. He trusted Tsukuyomi to be strong enough to kill him if he ever gave into his anger and that sis-con probably would if he thought it had to be done. That was their relationship and, honestly, Ryuujin wouldn’t have it any other way. He always welcomed a good fight.

“Perhaps it is my fault that you became a phantom, Mizuki...” Ryotaro/Ryuujin admitted, using the name Ryotaro gave to the phantom lived all three lives. Of course the jellyfish would dislike humans if it remembered everything. Ryuujin disliked them for that very same reason…for all his regalias that died because of humans…but he could acknowledge they weren’t all bad either. He became someone who could look at the bigger picture. He’d joined the Heavens. “But we’re already well past that point.”

If he caved now, then what of all the other regalia turned phantoms that he’d killed? The ones that died because of Towako’s actions. The ones that sacrificed their lives to save the sea from corruption. It wasn’t like he wasn’t used to hearing the cries of his former regalias that had become devoured and corrupted. He’d become familiar blocking them all out. He wouldn’t be able to do his duty otherwise.

“I won’t ask that you betray someone who saved you, but I can’t leave you alone either, and I don’t intend to be liar.” Ryuujin had never really thought he, who often gave into his anger, was more ‘right’ than a phantom. Good and evil held no meaning for him. He was a soldier. A war god. There were only his allies and his enemies…and Mizuki, phantom or not, had chosen to become his enemy.

“You want me to accept you?” Ryotaro/Ryuujin’s golden eyes bore into the fearful, pale violets of his former regalia. “But from what I've been hearing, it sounds like you’re the one that’s rejecting me. Everything I stand for as a god. The home I’d given you. The very life you'd lived as my regalia. If you intend to work with the enemy of my people, if that's how you intend to live, then I can't accept it. I can't betray the people I've made promises to either. Come, Joyoki!”

3d00c7e92bac153e89f1171e181e94f3ee078079r1-1080-1316v2_00.jpg
The trident came into Ryotaro/Ryuujin’s hand, answering the one who bore the soul of its god. He could tell that Uroko was still reeling a bit from the revelation that Towako hated him, but his blessed regalia would still abide by his judgement. Still walk with him even to death. Ryotaro/Ryuujin’s grip tightened around the arm of the phantom that still seemed to be frozen. Shock? Fear? Who can say, but Ryuujin didn’t intend to waste the opportunity. “Mizuki, you who desecrate the land of the rising sun, hear me! I am the god Ryuujin! With my advent I lay waste with the Joyoki to expel thy vast defilement! I cleanse thee!”

Joyoki glowed a brilliant golden sheen.

“—Pierce!”

However, the thrust did not strike its intended target. Cutting in between the tip of the trident and Mizuki, a tiny wasp-like phantom expanded and took the brunt of the attack, exploding into fumes of toxic impurities as it was exorcised. Fortunately, blight did little to harm a human body. However, prolonged exposure could corrupt the soul, forcing Ryuujin to release Mizuki and back off lest Ryotaro’s spirit got affected as well.

“Whew~ That was a close one! What did I tell you? Ryuujin could never accept what you’ve become. And now you’ve heard his answer loud and clear, haven’t you Mizuki~?”

Ryuujin saw red as soon as he heard the voice. He’d recognize it anywhere. It was the woman who desecrated his castle 10 years ago and corrupted many of his sacred treasures; One of the evolved phantoms that led the attack against Heaven during the period of darkness—“NIKUSHIMI!!!!” Separating himself from Ryotaro, Ryuujin ignored everything else around him as he blitzed across the school field towards the evolved phantom he owed a great debt to.

“COME, Joyoki!”

Vanishing from Ryotaro’s hand and appearing back into the original Ryuujin’s, the golden trident met a pair of black, aura-wrapped daggers as rain continued to pour.

Rika Murakami (Human)
7a9512991d2023188130a04a324f9ddc25a4f6cfr1-446-640v2_00.jpg
“Wait, Ryuujin!” Rika could only stare, dumbfounded, at the events that unfolded before her eyes. Ryuujin deciding to exorcise his former servant was one thing. It was the god's call and, while Rika didn't necessarily agree with it, it wasn't her place to intervene in the relationship of others...least of all in one so complicated. However, not only had the god failed to do so, he left Ryotaro unprotected in the midst of all that chaos while he went after the one that prevented him from finishing his task--the dark haired woman called Nikushimi. Rika had no idea who Nikushimi was, nor did she really want to know, but three things about Nikushimi were apparent: Ryuujin hated her, she was a phantom, and she was the one that both tricked and 'saved' the dragon god's former regalia. It wasn't as if Rika didn't understand Ryuujin's anger. However, she thought it was idiotic as well and showed how little the dragon god considered the safety of those around him when he was incited. Towako, Mizuki, or whatever he wanted to be called, was still standing there, exuding negativity like some sort of beacon, and drawing lesser phantoms out of the underworld as a result. Grandpa always told her that storms were to be avoided. Leave it to the gods, he said.

Yeah, right. A god like Ryuujin obviously wasn't much to count on when it came to protective services.

Perhaps she should just run to the shrine of another god and get their help in closing the vent and clearing the storm. Kami X lived on the second floor of the school building right? Surely not all gods dislike humans and let their tempers get to their head. However, Rika couldn’t leave Ryotaro on his own while he was in the midst of a huge mess either. Fortunately, the white haired phantom still seemed a bit confused as he looked between Ryotaro, Ryuujin, and Nikushimi. He actually looked a bit like a kicked puppy so Rika might’ve felt a little sorry for the phantom if he didn’t talk about doing whatever it wanted—from stealing to killing others—like it was nothing.

Puppies didn’t do that. Psychopaths did. There was no telling what the psychopath would do to a human that 'tricked' him.

Smells Nice...
SMELLS NICE! SMELLS NICE! SMELLS NICE!
Smeeells Niiiiiice~

Ignoring the rain, Rika ran towards Ryotaro, praying that the spell Uroko put on her—or perhaps even the paper talismans she brought with her—would keep lesser phantoms from looking her way. Fortunately, it seemed to. For now.She tugged on her classmate's arm, intending to drag him away if he didn't comply. “You got your answer, right? Let's get out of here before any of the phantoms notice us. I doubt you can reason with the unevolved ones and Ryuujin seems a little...distracted.”

Rika's words seemed to cause ‘Mizuki’ to regain his senses and violet eyes landed on her. However, this time, Rika didn't freeze from the malevolence in them. He told her off for being afraid of death, but it seemed to her that he was even more so--prone to fright that is. Defiantly meeting 'Mizuki's eyes, Rika held the somewhat wet ofuda defensively in front of herself in case the phantom changed his mind, or considered this strike three, and attacked them. Ryuujin's former regalia sneered. “You’d have better luck writing Ryuujin’s name on a piece of paper and hoping he hears you through his thick skull, than trying to draw on the power of a practically dead god. Phantoms aren’t so weak.”

Before Rika could as him what he meant, ‘Mizuki’, who was no longer stopped by Uroko's borderline, stepped into hole that led to Yomi, but not before sending Ryotaro a scathing look as the vent he created closed behind him. Meanwhile, the lesser phantoms, the ones that had already escaped the land of darkness, continued to spread from out the school field, searching for more negativity to consume and more spirits to eat. Rika clutched the talisman grandfather taught her to make—the one inscribed with one of Basho Matsuo’s poems—closer to herself as she glanced worriedly towards the sky. She could only hope that Momo had enough sense to stay away from the school for a while. Listening to 'Mizuki' talk, Rika was reminded that phantoms might possess and exploit humans for their negativity, but it was ultimately gods and pure spirits that they desired to eat.

Lucem Lucem

Last edited:
Seiichi Tanaka (God)
Time: 3:05 pm
Mentioned: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Seiichi nodded as Kintaru and Mamaru both assured him that Inari would help, and while deep down he knew it was true he felt relieved all the same by their reassurance.

He listened as the two spoke, continuing to eat as he did so before perking up as Mamaru spotted Inari arriving. Finishing his serving of udon and thanking Kintaru, he stood to greet Inari with a grin as she beamed at him.

"It's no bother. In fact, your Regalia are pleasant company to have." He responded almost immediately as she apologized for keeping him waiting. While polite, he didn't think it was necessary. Besides, she couldn't control how long the meetings were. His grin turned into a frown as she went into detail of how the meeting went, brows furrowing as he crossed his arms.

"Purging Yomi sounds doomed to fail from the start, and nothing more than a death sentence. In short, it sounds dumb." He pointed out, almost glad he himself didn't attend to hear such a thing in person.

Gaze landing on the storms cropping up throughout Kyoto, his fingers twitched as he listened to Inari speak to her Regalia. Ryuujin and Tsukuyomi's daughter were present? He wondered about any other gods of Kyoto and if they were even in the earthly plane to deal with some of the things the Heavens hadn't bothered with. When she spoke to him next he gave her a half hearted smile and a nod.

"Of course, take as much time as you need, and thank you." He added, to not just Inari for her hospitality, but also to the Regalia.

"You can drop the honorific, you know." He added to his fellow rice god. Despite the age gap they were more or less equals. Maybe not in power or influence, but he never was one that cared much about that hence the suggestion.

Time: 3:35 pm​

Inari (Goddess)
8926f80c562a1c6b2668b63a90855a9c.png

“My~ Closing the distance between us already? You’re quite the fast worker aren’t you, Seiichi~?” Inari drawled in a husky, playful tone. “I won’t be long.”

Turning away in an almost coy manner, the goddess of foxes and rice disappeared into the woods with Kintaru while Kimiru and Mamaru remained with Seiichi, checking charms and borderlines. It wasn’t until half an hour later that Seiichi was led down a different trail further away from the main shrine—one not often taken by visitors that didn’t know the way. Pass the foliage, through a den-like cavern protected by shimenawa ropes, the god of rice was led into a spacious, grassy clearing where Inari waited, pouring herself a cup of sake. Her hair was still slightly wet, but her skin glowed and she looked more refreshed than before. A low table had been set up next to a natural spring and a small shrine made of rocks and sticks where Inari liked to relax whenever she stayed in the near shore. The main shrine was nice and big, but it was often crowed and full of tourists as well—not exactly the sort place one wanted to have a conversation with another god.

Besides, Inari was originally a fox spirit.

Even if she did enjoy urban entertainment, material goods, riches, and the festivals held in her honor, she found herself most at home with nature, where her first shrine had been built before she met Emperor Murakami, who financed to the construction of the Fushimi Inari Taisha, as well as the various businesses that contributed to it. “Would you like me to pour you a cup? I’m also a patron of sake, after all, and business discussions are best held over good drink~”

She didn’t wait for Seiichi to answer simply poured him a small cup from her various jugs. Her regalias remained outside to guard the entrance and give the two gods privacy.

“Fortunately, many gods agree with you in regards to the purging of Yomi—myself included of course—so it’s unlikely to happen, unless our queen decides to listen to reckless imbeciles, but the war 10 years ago and newly evolved phantoms has many of them wanting to point fingers. No one knows what really goes on down there and the Queen of the Underworld, who commands the Mandates of Hell, who has the power to open or close the gates to her realm at will, remains silent to the increased vents being opened left and right. That, along with the suspicion that many of Heaven’s enemies are hiding down below, has become excellent justification for those that desire conquest. ”

Not like the ‘purification’ of Yomi hadn’t ever been attempted before either. Attempted and failed, of course, which is why no one really speaks of it and Heaven sealed it off, putting the ‘too dangerous’ sticker on so younger gods don’t even try. However, fear was often a catalyst for wars, and while gods liked to think themselves above such mortal things, the truth of the matter was that gods behaved no differently than the humans they looked down upon when they felt threatened. Or when they wanted something.

“Ah, but Heaven's politics is such a droll topic. I’d much rather talk business ~Kintaru-kun tells me you would like help in rebuilding your shrine. ” Downing her own shot of rice wine, Inari studied the other god through slightly lowered lashes. “What sort of assistance do you need and how may I be of service?”

Takumi98 Takumi98

Last edited:

b3737022db270aac00a12521e24fe05a.jpg
  • God of Trickery, Performers, & Thieves
    Time: 7:31 pm
    Mentions: Karcen Karcen (Madness Phantom)
    A Special Audience This had been interesting indeed. Nomoto had half-expected to be ignored, as if nothing but a faceless whisper in the crowd. Another part of him was prepared for a response of any kind.

After all, crazier things have happened.

And a response he did receive. However, it was more than enough to confirm a few suspicions on its own. Normally, a human would have answered him normally and would have gone on his or her way. A god would have either greeted him or told him to shove off, as his reputation as a bit of an outcast would garner such a rude remark.

Instead, all he received were riddles. And a dangerous hunger in this particular woman's eyes. Phantom was the only surefire bet to go with.

Still, no matter the case, just what did he land himself into? Whatever the case, it would be fun. After all, two could play at this game. Both were lost souls, in a way. Maybe they could share a form of kinship from that.

"Well, if you're hungry, there's a ramen shop I know that sells the real good stuff. After all, I don't taste all that good. Quite disgusting actually," he smirked, "In fact, I'm a disgusting person in general. I put the milk in the bowl first before I put the cereal. Trust me, you don't want me in your palate."

Stuffing his hands into his pockets, Nomoto never for one moment lost a moment of cool nonchalance. If she did try to fight him, or eat him as she stated, all he had to do was book it. But then again, no telling what might happen if he did. Right now, patience and a friendly demeanor was needed. If she gave him a fake smile to try and lower his defenses, then he would return a real smile to help her see that there would be no need for conflict.

And smiled he did.

"Mind telling me where this other guy is? I'd feel like a jerk if I just ignored that and left him to lie around in pain while we went out to eat. I tell you where the ramen shop is, and you tell me where he is. That work?"

He would hold out his hands now, almost defensively, but open as to show he had not reached for any weapons or tricks inside his pockets. A show of faith, of peace, between himself and this new phantom.

"I don't want to fight. Honestly, I think the both of us can be civil and find a peaceful solution. Let me help whoever you took a bite out of and I'll forgive and forget to the best of my ability."

He would chuckle for a moment as a glint of humor reflected off his lone viridian eye. His scarf billowing behind slightly with the sudden guffawing movement.

"I mean, what the hell is the point of killing each other when we can be friends? All this fighting is exhausting anyway. We could talk about stuff like that new movie that came out."

For a moment, Nomoto realized he may have made a mistake ending the conversation on that note. Glasses might mean this particular phantom was more into books than movies.

Such a miscalculation on his part could cost him his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back