• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Date: April 3rd 2030
Time: 3:55pm​

Tsukuyomi (God)
0f89700bd14d912699c20bf7c73c7bed89884f81_hq.jpg

It took a full minute before the ripples in Amaterasu’s pool shifted and image of a violet haired man appeared, not because he was habitually late, but because neither he nor his few regalias were watching the moon-viewing basin—too busy dealing with the irate goddess that busted through the door of the Moon Palace, demanding the whereabouts of her father. Fortunately, Yumeya noticed it and alerted him to the call from Amaterasu. Keeping the Queen of the Heavens waiting wasn’t to be done, even if he was her brother in one lifetime, her consort in the next, and a sinner for as long as night and day needed to remain apart. The ancient decree made it so he could never set foot back in the Heavens, never gaze upon her face…until 10 years ago when phantoms reached the Heavens.

Since then, the faction that supported him grew stronger. Even the Ruler of the Night, who was shunned for his leniency towards phantoms crossing the borders during his watch, who committed the greatest sin in killing gods, might be welcomed back. It was just as Ranmo said. The tides were changing with the new era and Heaven, which had remained stagnant for so long, were finally beginning to move.

Though, whether or not that was a good thing was yet to be seen.

Enma had stopped visiting him lately. Even if the former god of Hell decided to take after the Wandering God, he still sometimes paid visits to Moon or Undersea Palace, which existed on a separate plain from Heaven, if only to lament his miserable life or cursed existence. Not anymore. Neither Tsukuyomi or Ryuujin had seen hide or hair of him in 10 years, which suggested he may have faded with the other gods during the period of darkness 10 years ago.

Tsukuyomi wondered if Amaterasu grieved for Ame-no-Uzume just as her husband did. After all, the dawn goddess had always been a staunch supporter of the Banner Under the Sun. Did the Queen of the Heavens truly have time to grieve? Many, even some of his supporters, thought he resented his sister for banishing him from her court, but that wasn’t the case at all. Rather, he pitied the goddess that could no longer act as she wanted, who had to cater to the wishes of the many, and, though he’d washed his hands of Heaven’s politics a long time ago, he still intended to fight for the Heavens that he and his siblings fought to conquer and create when she ascended the throne.

That much was unchanged.

“It’s been a long time, My Queen.” On paper they were still husband and wife after all, even they hadn’t been for a very, very long time. Several lifetimes, in fact. “How may I help you?”

As he asked his question, a vase shattering sounded from the room next over. Tsukuyomi’s continued smile was one that silently said ‘please don’t ask’. Ryuujin owed him big for this one. Then again, his adopted daughter had also gone gallivanting off to Kyoto so one could almost say they’d swapped children. But of course, he liked to think of Kaguya as the more…professional...of the two.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah
(mentioned: Takumi98 Takumi98 )

Last edited:
Amaterasu (Queen of the Heavens)
Time: 4:00pm

645568D4-817E-405C-A25A-3E7E282A4050.jpeg

Amaterasu had been surveying the lands through the pool as it rippled revealing Tsukuyomi looking as he always did. Seeing him again after so long stirred different feelings within the goddess. Desire, Anguish, Happiness, Pain, Remorse, Anger, love. Many which she no longer knew first hand.

In one life they were siblings, in another lovers, and while both technically remained true the feelings held no true attachment to the goddess any longer. The pairs separation ordained and commanded by herself as Queen due to his own actions from another time.

Still it was times like this that steadied her mind although she was never sure if that was in whole respect a good thing or not.
His calming smile helped her even now but she dare not allow him to her presence any closer than this single outlet they used only in times of dire need.

“It has, I have not forgotten. I require council away from prying ears”
The crashing sounds causing her features to tense questioningly but his silent plea was granted as she sighed before continuing.
The goddess readjusted herself so she was sitting more comfortably before speaking more.

“You see where I cannot, although I hate to admit it I am some what blind to the events of late. Though I usually don’t see your point of view I see no other course as others will only tell me what I would like to hear.”

The goddess in times past had always relied on her consort as a guiding voice when the others became too loud and cumbersome but since his banishment for lack of a better word the cries of the many residents of takamagahara were ceaseless.

“Have you heard anything other than these hidden poisons being whispered. I worry for the state of the missing and I have never felt so helpless as I am now”

Amaterasu’s hand reached towards the still reflection of the Night Rulers face but faltered just short her hand descending back into the water causing his face to ripple slightly before stilling once more. She stifled a slight cough before continuing.

“Without further confusion I guess I am asking what you would do differently Tsukuyomi? Have I made the right choice....and really what choice have I even made.”
The woman chuckled slightly as she leaned back looking up to the celestial sky that she reigned over for all this time.
Time, an inescapable thing even for a god. Though fleeting always felt as it’s consequences, it’s heartfelt moments and tragedies defined her.

“The heavens at my command and yet I do not know what to do....”
Her voice trailing off into thought as her eyes remained skyward for a moment before locking with his own holding his gaze like they had so long ago.

Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Date: April 3rd, 2030
Time: 1:47 pm​
Phantom (Pride)
Interactions: Azani/Izanami ( Karcen Karcen )
Sad Kuro.jpg
Kuro-Kyogi turned to face Azani as the ceremony began. Faceing the goddess she took in the sight of the goddess one more time. How Ironic that it had come to this. The memories of the past few days began to circle through her head. At first the two of them had been ready to cut each others throats, fighting over a regalia. Then out of nowhere Azani brought up the idea of working together and they had hit it off. There was the small miscommunication and road bump that was her impenetrable fortress that technically wasn't breached so it still counted as impenetrable. Beyond that this stupid little goddess had made a mark on the phantom of pride, enough so that she agreed to go through this. Her eyes followed the path of the brush taking in the sight of the name being drawn and then despite her best efforts she could not keep her eyes open and they were forced to shut.

What followed next was a fierce burning sensation, as if someone had taken a brand or hot poker and burned it into her back. The name Shinyu carved itself into the center of the phantom's back burning with intense pain as the process made for pure beings fought against the corruption. When the name was well and carved there was another sensation of pain, this one was a harsh tearing. It felt as if both the bases of her wings were being pulled free from her back, muscle, tendon, nerve, and all. The pain was so much so that she had to grind her teeth together to keep herself from making more then a slight whimper. When the pain subsided she could no longer feel the comforting weight of her wings, there was nothing but a hallow empty feeling.

Just as her eyes had been compelled to close they were now compelled too open. In front of her the phantom saw a white light surrounded by darkness... a spark of purity in a sea of corruption. Desperately the phantom reached out towards it, just once she wanted to touch the light. Did she want to consume it or did she want to embrace it? Even she did not know.. but once she reached the light she reached out to it, and was sealed away.

Miu (Regalia)
Miu.jpg
As Azani called out the name of her Regalia large dark wings would sprout from her back. "On your own your feet you cannot leave the ground... so I, Miu the greatest regalia will be the wings that will take you to heaven and beyond." said the new regalia with a rather warm tone from with in her vessel form. Azani's wings would flap once on there own before stretching out wide making the shorter goddess seem much more imposing then her usual visage made her look. "Hmm not bad. Much more comfortable, but I except nothing less from my goddess." For Miu there was no doubt that the ceremony was going to be a success, the fact that Izanami had even doubted it was outragous. That old bag needed to learn to have more faith in her powerful daughter.

Her anger partially subsided at the pride that showed on Izanami. That pride meant for Azani was also pride absorbed by Miu even if it wasn't meant for her. Still the old bag had better been proud of her daughter. Anyone who wasn't was a fool and would their wrath eventually. Or if they weren't going to smite them they could laugh at them once they ascended the high heavens. Miu was excited to make fun of that stupid drowned ferret next time they saw him. Ha the look on his face was going to be priceless when he realizes that Azani scored a regalia as amazing as Miu.

Date: April 3, 2030
Time: 12:39

Ekibiogami
God of pestilence, disease, and sickness

Ekibio.png

That damn nora.

The gods hardly knew about how he was doing now, but if they found out that he had a nora regalia, that definitely wouldn’t send a good impression.

But then again, she was powerful… he also had no other regalia, and living by just destroying phantoms is dangerous without one. He didn’t have anywhere to keep her, but she’s a nora. She has somewhere to go.

He sighed. “I guess I’ll call her later.”

Time: 4:56

Ekibio sighed as he looked at his phone. He didn’t know if he should call the nora yet. He didn’t want to, and didn’t really need to anyways. But he was curious about her. Why she decided to offer being his weapon.

He decided to look around for another tree to try to sleep in. That one was in a too populated area, and he wasn’t interested in another run-in with a phantom. He just wanted to sleep.

Soon he found one near the Honen-in temple, and he jumped lightly into it, disturbing a little family of squirrels. He found a spot a little over halfway up it where he could lay comfortably over the branches. He closed his eyes for a while but then suddenly opened them and punched in a number on his phone.

“Hey, nora… Tsugusa? It’s that god you met today. Do you maybe wanna talk? I'm at the Honen-in temple in te Sakyo ward… in a tree. Don’t you call me a tree hugger again, or I really will take away your name.”

Time: 4:58pm

Ame(Tsugusa) Regalia
01C6130B-C08C-4873-AA83-217386FEB50D.png

As Ame waited in the lounge that she had seemed to half reside in these days her phone began to vibrate pulling her attention away from the conversation she was having as she stood and gave her apologies that she had to take this call. Turning around the girl stepped outside of the SSA office and hit the call button lifting the phone to her cheek the voice on the other side beginning to speak his words reaching her ears.
With a half smile she huffed slightly before answering.
“Yes Kami, and in the future it is always appropriate to use your regalia’s name when in conversation.”
Eki asked if they could talk and began describing the location of where he was divulging he was once again in a tree.
So he was in fact without a shrine of his own.

“I won’t comment on your preference for trees or your fascination with hugging them my Kami”
She teased back into the speaker giggling a bit before something caught her eye. It was only for a brief moment but it caused her to step back under the awning to conceal herself from view.
She felt as though she was being watched...the fleeting feeling gone as soon as it had come.
The Nora shook it off and returned to her conversation.

“But we are already speaking are we not?”
The female prodded once more as she leaned back against the brick and mortar pillar supporting her body weight as she pondered just how far he was right now based on the information given.
“Sakyo ward is rather far and would take me awhile to get there, If you are wanting to meet face to face you could always come to me. Do you know the SSA office Kyoto branch? Focus on the location and my name. Close your eyes and envision yourself there”
She wondered if the god was just lazy or actually had never teleported before. Still the lesson would be a good whether he decided to act upon or not was solely his choice. It had been almost Four hours since they had last spoken and distance had been put between them.
His choice to either heed her words and see her in the flesh or keep the conversation a mobile one.

“Just try it”

Interactions: Ekibiogami CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu
Mentions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 5:00​

Ekibiogami

View attachment 818572

He grumbled when the nora poked at him and his trees. “Remember that trees are very important” was all he said back. “I guess we are talking, but I want to speak in person.” He listened to where she was at, and when she acted like he didn’t know how to teleport, he retorted “Yeah yeah, I know how to teleport already, quiet! I’ll be over there in a second, then.”

He huffed and cancelled the call without saying anything more. Well, he knew how to teleport, but that doesn’t mean that he’s ever done it before…

He did as she said. At first it didn’t work, but when he put away his thoughts of her constant tree hugger comments, he managed to teleport quickly--

Time:5:01​

--but a little too quickly, so he couldn’t pick the exact spot for him to land.

“Ouch, dammit!” He literally landed on top of the nora, throwing her down on the ground accidentally and hitting his head on the ground pathetically. He sat up, rubbing the back of his head that already was hurting. “You should have told me right where you were at or I wouldn’t have fell on you!” instead of actually standing up he leaned back against the wall that was near him. “Next time be a bit more specific about where I should land.”

He would never tell that it was really his fault for dropping down too fast.

"Anyways, I want to ask you some questions. First off, why did you insist on being my regalia?"
VeiledPariah VeiledPariah QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 5:05pm
Tsugusa(Regalia)

D3CC59CE-B11C-46E2-AC0B-F5B686F8798F.pngTsugusa could only manage a slight laugh as he angrily replied to her goading at his teleportation and knowledge lack there of.
After he had cancelled the phone call the Nora had barely managed to replace her phone into her pocket before he appeared and crashed into her. Tsugusa let out a surprised cry as he knocked over against the ground.
The Kami waste no time putting the blame on the girl as she lay on the stone beneath her wincing at the pain it had caused from the impact. Her hair laid out against the hood of her jacket she adjusted to hide any view others may catch in her compromising position. Ekibiogami had moved himself so that he was leaning against the wall while she remained where she was another fit of laughter emanating from her lips as she turned her face so her eyes rested on the man who was rubbing the back of his head.
He was arrogant and prideful, it reminded her of a certain phantom she had met not three days ago.
Still his grasping of the ability went well not without its own mishaps.
“What kind of god doesn’t think not to land directly on the person he is envisioning...you know what never mind. I guess you were just thinking about me a little too much huh”
The woman questioned with a eyebrow raised before laughing once more but his next question caused her to sigh and drop her playful act as seemed in thought for a few moments before managing to answer.
“You are a god without a regalia, I am a regalia so it seemed the most logical decision at the time why?”
She answered tilting her head slightly as to why he even asked such a question.
This was the way relationships between spirits and gods worked. A god could have any number of spirits under their command albeit in turn they had to bear the burden of the spirits emotions and knowledge of their deaths. While the spirit guided the god like a moral compass and defended them against threats and served them until they betrayed their trust or were banished or killed.
For him to ask such a question was like asking why a bird flys, or a fish swims. It was just the way of things.
Still she sensed he mean it more personally than she was receiving the question.

“I don’t want to lose anymore Kami...I want to protect all of you, it’s a promise I made someone very close to me”
The girl stated sullenly as her eyes moved from Ekibiogami towards the slowly descending sun as it began to part from the skies and make its journey below the horizon.
With that she snapped herself from her thoughts of the heavens and sat up wincing a bit more as she did so before returning her gaze to the god before her.

“But that’s not important, I happened to be of use to you and so I did. I don’t regret it either despite your attitude towards my actions...now what was your next question my Kami?”
Tsugusa answered honestly and then asked genuinely her eyes searching for the next line of questioning before he could manage it.
She had been a regalia for a long time, longer than most gods had lived nowadays so she had a knack for knowing how each ticked.

Place: SSA Office, Kyoto Branch
Time: 5:08 pm​

Ekibiogami

Ekibio.png

“What kind of god doesn’t think not to land directly on the person he is envisioning? ...you know what, never mind. I guess you were just thinking about me a little too much, huh?”

Ekibio had the temptation to stick his tongue out at her like a little kid, but didn’t. Instead he asked her why she had insisted she be his regalia. When she responded that it was because of a promise that she made, he was silenced for a second. Who was it that she promised? Whatever, he shouldn’t care. This was just a nora that he would get rid of when he got a real regalia…

“But that’s not important, I happened to be of use to you and so I did. I don’t regret it either, despite your attitude towards my actions...now, what was your next question my Kami?”

Next question? Well, he only really had that question for her. He thought he would be satisfied, but now he has more questions that he knew he couldn’t just ask her outright. Instead he decided to go another direction with his questions.

“Well, what other gods have named you? I want to know how busy you might be in case I ever have to use you again.”

Time: 12:30 pm​
Shorn, God of Despair & Disdain
Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Shorn tilted his head to the side at Number 10013's statement, and pondered it for a moment, "Yeah, that's blunt, but accurate." Despite her lack of delicacy as Number 4389 stated, Shorn didn't mind. It was a good thing not to hide the truths, and simply hang the truth out in the open. "Maybe once upon a time it was painful." He looked up to her with a slight smile, "Now, it's something I'm used to."

Shorn did eventually migrate over to his side of the table as he listened to Number 4389 speak about himself, and his own existence. He thought it over, it was different, something entirely separate from how people normally viewed him, and his own existence. "What an apt way to approach the thought." He continued to ponder it as he leaned against the edge of the booth seat. She had come to a conclusion that wasn't even remotely on Shorn's radar, in fact, it was so out of left field he was left partially confused.

To Shorn, he was used to the thought of being naturally in the wrong. It had become something he was just accustomed to, and he had grown to accept it. Hell, he had even molded himself to that idea, but maybe he was the one who was wrong? No, that couldn't be it. He refocused in on her as she continued to speak about her own belief, and how humans are the ones who decide. What hit home was her statement following, she wanted to help. She was willing to, and she actively just offered her assistance outright. Shorn nodded thoughtfully, "...You know Number 4389, I think I was right." He couldn't help but show a grin, "Endless potential, deep as the ocean, and as high as the sky is fitting. Sorami, a proper name, and one well worth its weight. A name aptly created for a person deserving of such. You don't even have to ask, I think it well within reason for you to walk a path you want just as much as any other."

There was definitely a pang of emotion, and Shorn sort of closed his eyes to steady himself. It was a feeling of guilt perhaps? Something somewhere deep within him resonated, but it immediately began to wash away. It left Shorn standing there with a look of bewilderment, he certainly felt... What did he feel? He didn't really know it. It felt unusual, but the more he thought about it, the deeper the feeling became muddied and buried. Soon, it was gone as though it never existed in the first place. Puzzlement still hung on his face, but only when Number 10013 spoke did Shorn sort of snap out of the trance he found himself in. It had been a deep enough involvement that he was even delirious for a period of moments after coming to.

Shorn hadn't really considered Number 10013, and the way things stood, it seemed as though Shorn was actively wedging himself between the two. Shorn didn't really know if one Regalia was okay, much less two. "I don't think you have to worry 10013, I think we'll be staying at the SSA for awhile." Shorn had a home back at the Luxury Resort, but with how Kyoto was, he wasn't sure if he was willing to wander the streets without a sanctuary. The SSA did just that for him, and then some. Also, he did just sign a contract with the office, perhaps it wouldn't be wise to leave before their allotted time to visit the Resort. Shorn took out his company issued PDA, and looked over the map of Kyoto that he pulled up.

While looking over the map of Kyoto, Shorn began to speak once more towards Number 4389 while Number 10013 was practically assaulting her food. "There may be some complications down the line regarding..." He made a waving of his hand about the subject matter they had discussed, and made a few flicking motions across the PDA screen. "I think when these complications come up, and it'll be clear when they do, that you may want to remain at the SSA. It requires a..." He wrinkled his nose, "A delicate approach. It wouldn't benefit either of us if we blindly act against it, and its not something you want to actively rebel against." Shorn made a subtle glance upwards, and let his eyes linger there for a moment. He didn't think it wise to speak publicly about his Order of Execution, and why he spent the 100 years of reform in the first place. Shorn wanted to tell Number 4389, but he would have to do so at a later date.

It had been about ten years now when he was supposed to have a follow up on whether he was to be executed or not. However, with the effects of the AFAH, and everything that has gone on since, it seems that he had fallen by the wayside. The larger splashes Shorn made here and this whole thing with Ayame was bound to stir up something, he wasn't sure what would happen. Plus, if there was the lingering doubt that if Shorn named Number 4389 and Ayame was against it, that would cause issues as well. After all, Shorn wasn't supposed to be allowed a regalia, but that was for the 100 year span of time. That time had gone by, yet, without being cleared he still was at risk if he lost Ayame's blessings before heaven made their judgement.

It wasn't apparent, but Shorn definitely was feeling the stressed in regards to all that was going on behind the scenes. This was especially true for the things he couldn't even speak to anyone about. He glanced out the window of the Restaurant, where his eyes remained locked and upon the windowsill outside their window was a lone bird. It was quite obvious that Shorn was looking at something, because if anyone spoke to him at his moment, he would have been too focused and ignoring them.

The bird movements were irregular, it would move, then stop completely still before continuing along the same line of motion. The feathers upon the bird lifted, then fell in waves as though something were in constant motion underneath them. Its beak opened slightly, then closed several times overs, but it remained completely silent. Head bent at an irregular angle when Shorn's eyes met it, and then whipped around the opposite direction towards the two spirits sitting across from him. Head twisting once more, and its body leaned through the glass as it glared back towards the Red Haired God back further in the restaurant. Then, without reason, its beak opened once again. Yet, this time, it kept going. It opened wider, and then wider still. As it stopped, a series of eye clusters opened, in sequence, inside towards its throat. It stopped. Frozen in place, before its head twisted 180 degrees back towards the street, and it simply hopped off the windowsill, out of sight.

Time: 5:10pm
Tsugusa(Regalia)
E56FCEB6-06A9-47F1-AF9B-F5857E626889.png

Tsugusa was surprised by his next question but again contributed to a simple lack of knowledge in this aspect of relationship between regalia and god or rather Nora and god.
“Tsugusa is now the thirteenth name I have been given, but I only bear ten names as of now...”
Her answer welling up memories of Ude and the other Kami whose names had faded without any real reason other than their possible final passings.
An answer she was still searching for.
The regalia breathed inwardly her voice shuddering a bit as she took in the chilling end of spring air before exhaling continuing her reply.
“My most known names are Kusanaki or as humans know it as Kusanagi named by Susanoo and Tsurugi named by Amaterasu The Queen of the Heavens, the others I will not speak here. It is to protect my other Kami should you one day face us in battle with another regalia. To know a regalias name can be deadly information if you told your next regalia all of my names”
She was of course speaking of the bind skill that many regalia learned during their time in the after life. An invocation that could paralyze a regalia from assisting their masters should another know their name. It retrospect having more than one name was an advantage Tsugusa had over others since they would have to know and speak all ten of them in order to halt her attacks.
The only reason she even offered the before mentioned names was should Amaterasu or Susanoo ever call on her she had the other names hidden to protect them from harm.
Still being the imperial regalia of Japan in both the gods and humans eyes was important and should this young god know even a semblance of history he would understand just how powerful the snow haired girl before him truly was.
The regalia stood turning her back to the god and facing out into the street her eyes looking back up into the sky whatever had been watching the SSA had gone now leaving no trace of its presence.

“Like I said though I will answer if called as long as I am not engaged with another of my Kami which means I am usually available as most are reserved to staying in Takamagahara....now a question for you. What are you planning to do from here?, If you need a regalia when I am not around you can head inside and request one which is why I asked you to come to me, and are you working towards idolizing yourself so that if you should fall you will be reborn?”
Her questions seeming more like guidance than interests.
The female had another Kami to worry about and she didn’t want to see him fail or fall.

Last edited:
Time: 5:14 pm​

Ekibiogami

Ekibio.png

He wondered about the other three gods that she had served before. Had they released her or disappeared? He didn’t interrupt her, however, as he noticed she was going to continue.

He knew why she did not tell him her other names that she had. He respected her want not to be binded, because if he was a regalia, he wouldn’t want to be either.

“Like I said, though, I will answer if called, as long as I am not engaged with another of my Kami, which means I am usually available, as most are reserved to staying in Takamagahara....now a question for you. What are you planning to do from here?, If you need a regalia when I am not around, you can head inside and request one, which is why I asked you to come to me, and are you working towards idolizing yourself so that if you should fall you will be reborn?”

“What I’m gonna do?” He didn’t think about what to do to make him last the years very often. He put the present before the future, because the present is what he is living now, but he didn’t put much thought into the present or near future either…

“I don’t know. I have no idea how long getting people to remember me as I have will last, but I don’t really know how to idolize myself either. This is a world of technology. I’m a god of sickness, but if everyone would rather go to a hospital for a certain cure to their sickness then go to pray and give to a forgotten god, then I don’t have anything to do. And my powers of healing sickness doesn’t heal cancers or injuries. I’m useless in this world, is what I'm saying.”

He turned to look at the people passing by and the phantoms weaving in between them. This was why he didn’t think about his future. Because if he dies, he will surely never come back.

“As for a regalia, I don’t want to get involved in an unloyal regalia. When a person is just handed to you to be your friend, there’s not much of a real connection, is there?”

He had debated on coming here for a regalia before, but had decided against it. He needed a regalia, yes but he wanted to get rid of his loneliness, too, and a forced relationship will likely multiply his sadness instead of aid him.

Time: 1:50pm
Mentions: Dante Verren Dante Verren , VeiledPariah VeiledPariah
5e023037d435792356a95f7b13d8bad15a2545cf.jpg
Azani Goddess of Vengence and grudges

Azani felt not only the pain of the blight, but something else with Miu, she couldn't put her finger on it though. She saw the change Miu and Kuro were similar yet very different physically and spiritually. Azani knew that naming an unnamed spirit often changed them somewhat after all how else would they not question their past and ask the most obvious question of why they were dead. The changes in Miu felt similar a sealing of some parts yet not a fully change in who Miu was. The way Miu spoke was very similar just changing out phantom with regalia. Azani had no real understanding of how a name like this changed a phantom as it should not be mind control like with the masks, it was Azani taking a part of her self and ting it to a phantom. So was Miu still Kuro? Azani would have to guess yes, the memories would all be there hopefully, just a change in attitude and spiritual composition. That was the way with many Regalia, there was an in born loyalty, but never truly crossing over into control. The question of if a regalia was the spirit and if the spirit was the same human was something that perplexed even the heavens as normal regalia lost all their memories and how could you be you without those memories? Azani would have to guess that the magic of her mother meant for binding phantoms made them a bit more compliant changing them a bit more than would be normal. Miu seemed normal enough no going wild, no devolving, the naming seemed to have worked, even if deep down something seemed a bit off. Azani could figure that out latter for now she settled on the strange feeling just being a side effect of a god naming a phantom.

" Well now this was a form I can't say I fully expected, but it is fitting for you Miu" Azani said feeling the wings on her back lifting her up. it felt a little odd to fly up and she had an almost instinctual understanding of what they could do. Though as she spoke pain burned it's way through her body, the blight while not growing was still causing her issues. " We will be getting a test flight as I need to get to a shrine" Azani continued through gritted teeth as she needed to be rid of this blight quickly. It was not deadly , but she didn't want to go around with a limb that looked like it was rotting. Azani flapped her wings a few times and built up speed waving bye to her mother before opening a path back to the mortal world.

Time: 2:00 pm

Azani and Miu would emerge not in Kyoto, but rather in Ise and right by the most important shrine to her sister. Azani didn't know why she had been drawn here as she had been seeking out any shrine, nothing quite this grand. The shrien itself was massive both the inner and outer shrine dwarfed most any other and the number of priests and attendants were great as well. This was one shrine those atheists could never destroy a cultural heart of japan. This was a place no phantom had ever likely breached even in the darkest of day the power of the sun goddess was supreme. Azani hated it, hated how her sister was given the heavens, given the most important place just because she screwed some human that got to be emperor. Azani was jealous of her sister, the ruler of all the golden child of the nation. They had likely been born at the same time, and yet what was Azani relegated to, skulking in the darkness killing at the behest of mortal's while Amaterasu got to lounge around and do nothing, yet still get more worship than any other. Well now it was time to do something none had done before and bring a phantom into the heart of the shinto religion.

Azani landed at the entrance knowing there would be a barrier to keep phantoms out and Miu still likely counted as one. When her feet touched the ground Miu would regain her human form " I don't know if the barrier will still affect you Miu, try to enter, and if it tried to stop you, if we can, we will just break a hole in it" Azani explained needing Miu to test how much things that affected phantoms would affect a named phantom, the physical change was great so would she still be seen as what she had been?

Last edited:
Time:5:20pm

Tsugusa(Regalia)
117E317D-CD4F-4752-9AEC-D4813880CB02.png

His words carried with them a loneliness that she was akin to. That sense of longing but never really knowing if it was just around the corner or adrift in the sea of life. She could understand that her own fear being the same as that. Never being needed ever again, being as he put it useless.
As he described his wish in a regalia the girl couldn’t help but smile allowing just a sliver emotion to emanate from her usual cold slate so that the Kami and really any Kami that had named her could feel her emotion in this moment, it was happiness and acceptance.
“Well then I shall endeavor to be what you desire until you find another”
She said curtly that passing feeling subsided as quickly as it had flooded through as she closed off her heart once more to protect the gods and goddesses that entrusted their souls to her.
The woman turned back towards the god catching his eyes on the crowd around them as they passed by living their mundane lives unaware of the pair that lived around them.
If any humans did see them they would simply seem like two friends hanging out on the curb of an abandoned looking store front.
The Nora did not speak any further and instead offered her hand to the god so he could take it to stand.
Although a truly serendipitous event this arrangement may indeed prove fruitful in the end if she had found another god that could bear her pain and have the strength to handle the stigma of being partnered with a Nora.
The girl smiled softly hoping she had cut into his hard exterior at least enough to garner his trust and allow him to be more of himself around her.
Always having your defenses up was stressful and taxing she knew that from first hand experience.

“I do have to return inside though, you can come with me if you’d like, but I shouldn’t keep the others waiting any longer. In case you had more to talk about?”
She finished not wanting to sound rude.
Her first purpose for coming here after all was to thank Nana’s regalia and to check on the spirit she found the other day to see how she was doing. Another reason was to check on any tasks that needed doing.

Date: April 3rd, 2020
Time: 2:55 pm​

Ryotaro Hirai
Exactly one second had passed since he grabbed the remnant. In that extremely brief amount of time, Towako had appeared, the distance between them almost nonexistent. The last time he met the spirit, there was a boundary drawn between them, protecting Ryo from a corrupted soul that threatened to end his life. However, there was nothing separating them at this moment. He stood before that same mass of negativity, only able to wait and see if it would act on its threat to kill him.

"Yo!" As if he were greeting a friend, he waved at Towako and flashed him a smile. Like before, he managed to keep his composure in front of the being that caused his classmate so much distress the previous night. "I'm glad you showed up so soon. Things were getting a little R-rated. I'm a family friendly detective, so I can't have any of that." The memory was very informative, giving him a deeper understanding of the relationship between him and Nikumi, but he could have done without that bit at the end. He was mature for his age, but he was still a high school kid at the end of the day. That wasn't something he needed to experience through weird spiritual abilities.

"It's not that I didn't believe you. I just didn't have much of a choice. It's not like I have you on speed dial, so this was the only way to get a hold of you. Literally." While he was curious about Towako being able to tell when his remnants were touched, he put that to the side and focused on using it to his advantage. He also got a better look at the vents Uroko mentioned. "But I'll apologize for snooping around. Sorry..." Cocking his head to the side, Ryo trailed off, leaving the apology incomplete.

Cupping his chin, he hummed a bit as he examined the evolved phantom. "You know, I've been thinking about this for a while now. What should I call you? I doubt you'd want people referring to you by your old name, but it'd be rude if I just kept saying 'you'." Even Ryuujin didn't want him using the name from ten years ago. It made it difficult when having discussions about 'the phantom'. He'd have to think of a solution for that.

Ryo continued humming for a few seconds before snapping his fingers, having finally found his answer. "What do you think about the name Mitsuki? I got it by combining the kanji for 'three' and the 'moon' from jellyfish. You're a jellyfish, and you've lived three lives. Pretty clever, huh? Let me know what you think. If you think it has a nice ring to it, we can use that from now on." He was the one responsible for Towako's rebirth, so it was only fitting that he be the one to rename him. It kinda felt like being a godfather. As a godparent, he had a few duties to fulfill.

With that out of the way, Ryo picked up from where he left off. "I'm sorry." As the apology left his lips, the playful tone became more serious, changing along with his expression. "But I'm not just apologizing for messing around with your memories. I'm apologizing for what happened when we first met. That's one of the reasons I wanted to speak with you."

Slipping his hands into his pockets, Ryo planted his feet in the exact same spot he stood yesterday during the exorcism. "Last night, you told my classmate that I tried to kill you. I want to correct that misunderstanding." Remembering his previous conversation with Rika, he continued. "I wasn't trying to exorcise you. While I was trying to help Kenji, I also wanted to help you. I wanted to do something about your negativity. However, things didn't go as planned, and I ended up hurting you. That's just a result of me trying to claw my way out of a pit of ignorance by grasping at straws. I'm still learning things about people like you, so I'll make mistakes in the process." That wasn't the only misunderstanding. "You said I brought Ryuujin to finish you off, but he wouldn't have done anything if my crazy plan worked as I hoped. Ideally, he wouldn't have been needed at all. He was there for protection. Nothing more, nothing less. It's only natural that I take responsibility and find ways to protect myself and those around me in the event that things go wrong, which they did. I understand that unevolved phantoms aren't capable of complex thought, so it's not entirely your fault, but what was I supposed to do if you decided to attack? Just die? Don't you think it's a little hypocritical to try killing someone without expecting them to kill you to defend themselves? That applies everywhere, including the ocean. You thought I tried to kill you, so you threatened to kill me. If you tried to kill me back then, I would've had Ryuujin kill you, even if I didn't want things to end that way. That's how this world works. That's why I don't hold any grudges against you. Even if it wasn't intentional, I did hurt you. That's why I wanted to apologize and clear up this misunderstanding between us. I also wanted to show some gratitude. Regardless of your intentions, you gave us fair warning about what would happen if we continued to poke our noses into this situation. I have a hard time believing an evil spirit would do something like that."

Even if they understood each other from the beginning, there was no guarantee that things wouldn't have escalated to this point anyway. Still, that misunderstanding was created, and he wanted to get rid of it. "We're different beings, so it's difficult for us to see things the same way, but I don't think we'll have to worry about any more misunderstandings like that. I mean, you're a completely different guy now, right? You have control over your own mind, and you even have legs. Congrats on that. I'm glad I could play a part." While being an evolved phantom definitely made Towako more dangerous, it also allowed them to understand each other better. A conversation like this wouldn't have been possible without an evolution.

"It may sound like a silly thing to risk my life over, but that's why I wanted to speak with you. I hate misunderstandings like that. If I didn't say anything, the problem would've remained. Even if it doesn't change this situation or the way you feel about me, it would've been worse if I didn't say what I wanted to. I don't like having regrets. I have too many of them as it is. I know I'll always regret not saying things I should have. It's the same as looking away from the things you don't like. You should understand, right? After all, there are plenty of things you left unsaid. Those words have been trapped inside you for ten long years."

He could still hear the pained words from yesterday echoing through his mind, playing on repeat as he kept thinking back to that moment. "You said 'it's not my fault'. You think I can ignore a cry like that, especially when it sounded like you were in so much pain? You can try to deny it as much as you want, but those are your feelings. It's pointless to hide those kinds of things from me. I felt your emotions as if they were my own. Like it or not, I know you. But what I don't know is the truth about that day. Neither does Ryuujin."

As he spoke to Towako, Ryo also addressed the dragon hiding in the back of his mind. "Listen close." His words weren't just for the former servant. It was important for the master to hear them as well.

"I won't judge you for how you felt during that time. As a human, I'm no better. We all feel jealousy, fear, and guilt. It's natural to feel the way you did, but you still remembered your duty as a regalia and did your best to protect your lord from the blight caused by your thoughts. You did what you thought was best to make sure you didn't sting Ryuujin, seeking help from that woman. Your were in a vulnerable place, but you did your best to protect yourself and the god you served. I don't think what you did was wrong, but I don't think it was right either. Your loyalty was commendable and your situation was sympathetic, but you weren't actually facing the problem. You used that woman as a way to deal with your emotions, and it seems like she used you in return. Because I felt everything you did, I understand. But what did you think would happen in the long run? Did you just plan to keep hiding your true feelings and let someone else suck them up? That's just an endless cycle that gets worse as time goes by. Emotions like those don't just disappear. They intensify as you bottle them up, waiting for the moment the container breaks. The only way to truly get rid of them is by targeting the source. You should've told Ryuujin how you felt. It's not an easy thing to do, but neither is going behind everyone's back and keeping secrets. That just leads to more negativity. Confronting Ryuujin may have had its own consequences, but it couldn't have been worse than what happened at the palace. You ran away from that. But you're not the only person guilty of that. Ryuujin is also at fault."

Ryuujin may have had a temper, but Ryo knew that the god wouldn't let words like this make him jeopardize the mission. He trusted him to listen. "Just like I know you, I know him. Ryuujin assumed he knew everything and ran away from your truth. He can have regrets about the current situation, but they're a result of his own actions. They're a result of his decision to run. When people close their eyes to avoid seeing things they don't want to, they're left blind, not knowing who they're hurting or how much they're hurting themselves. It's no different from what happened with his daughter. When Hoori saw Toyotama-hime's true form during childbirth, she ran away, returning to the ocean and leaving her family on the surface behind. She ran away in shame, assuming she knew how Hoori would react. All the love and history between them was washed away because of that one decision. Maybe things could have been different if the couple addressed the problem directly, but any chance of that was ruined when they decided to run. When you run away, the problems don't vanish. They'll always be there, waiting for you to deal with them. If you never do, those problems grow impatient and come for you instead. If you decide to turn away, they'll make you look at them, leaving you with nothing but regret. That's true for all beings. It's true for you, Ryuujin, Toyotama-hime, and myself." He had the same conversation with Rika when they first met. Running away never solved anything. He knew that firsthand.

"Even if things are scary, you need to face them head-on. Even if you think you know something, you need to find out for sure. Otherwise, things will never get better and the regrets will keep piling up. I didn't want to regret not having this conversation with you when I had the chance. I didn't want to regret not clearing up that misunderstanding. And I don't want to regret not saving someone I think can be saved, even if they don't think they need saving. So here I am. I want to know everything in this world, including everything about you. I want to know your truth, no matter what it is. I want people to avoid making the mistakes I did. I don't want you to regret never telling someone your truth. If your soul is still screaming that it wasn't your fault after all these years, then tell someone. Ryuujin may not have given you that chance, but I will. Tell me, someone who doesn't want to regret not listening."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Time: 5:24 pm​

Ekibiogami

Ekibio.png

Ekibio looked up at Tsugusa holding her hand down to him. He didn’t know what to think about her at the moment. She was a nora, and she still jumped into something that wasn't her business, but she seemed to understand…

He turned his head down, blushing a little bit as he took her hand. While she pulled him up, he said “Alright, I have nothing better to do. But call me Ekibio at least, I don’t like that ‘my Kami’ stuff you keep saying.”

He looked up at her when he was standing. Waiting until she walked away a little bit, he followed behind her.

Time: 5:26pm
Mentions: CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Tsugusa (Regalia)
94860987-664E-464E-9BBE-96D6A9E4941D.png
The regalia smiled as he took her hand, the girl helping the god to his feet. His words reaching her as she did so.
Before letting go of his hand she nodded
“Alright Ekibio then, you can sit in the lounge while we wait it’s just past there”
The Nora directed as she opened the door and slid back inside pointing to where the hid could place himself if he wished, she was not sure how long she was planning to be here to be honest.
She expressed her apologies to the front desk once more for first leaving the conversation that had yet to truly be started, and second for coming back in with a visitor she had not properly introduced but if anyone asked she would rectify that. More of a forgiveness instead of permission state of affairs this time for the young woman it appeared.
The offices still looked the same as before most of the Shinigami whether formless or masquerading in human form were simply coming and going from job to job.
Returning spirits or helping them pass on.
She wished her purpose was as easily definitive and repetitive sometimes.
To be a regalia meant so many things and garnered usually more than what was simply stated when learning how one properly served a god or goddess.
Still clans of regalia usually did a good job of assisting a newly named spirit in teaching them right from wrong.
The little spirit she had rescued, Tsugusa wondered if she had already been named and if she had hoped she was sent to Kami that would care for her well.
Her suffering needed to be over, a second chance other than waiting at a fountain in the square for something that wasn’t going to come.
Hope, that what the Nora wanted for her and all the spirits who had yet to find a home.
Although not initially her choice, she herself had many Kami who had given her their protection.
Though she never resided with one for an extended period of time she did technically always have a home should she require it.
Thoughts of Kamatsu’s devious smile clouded her thoughts which she shook away.

Except him...
She thought to herself as she awaited the spirit at the front desk to continue their earlier conversation.
“I’m sorry you were saying?”

Date:
April 3rd, 2030
Time: 2:04 pm​
Miu: Regalia
interaction: Azani ( Karcen Karcen )
Miu.jpg

When Azani emerged from the vents of Yomi it was flying with Miu's black wings. What a sight it must have been to witness the dark child of Yomi appearing from the ground as if some form of dark angel. The feeling of being someone elses wings was a very unique experience, when flying with your own wings it becomes second nature but becoming someone else wings was an entirely different feeling. Although the movements were the same it felt as if Miu's entire body was moving not just the muscles of her back. It also gave the phantom regalia a feeling of closeness towards Azani. Here she was literally attached to the goddesses back carrying her through the skies and the wind of the near shore. An altogether interesting experience.

When they landed and Miu was released from her vessel form into her human form she landed neatly on her feet. Looking over the entrance to the great temple she could feel the purity and the power poring from the place and was torn. Part of her wanted to turn away, part of her wanted to enter, and another part was curious just how many gods and regalia had called this place home before. When Azani told her to try and enter Miu shot her a side glance, unsure if it was going to work. Then again Miu was never one to disappoint and marched up to where she could feel the barrier. Pulling off one of her gloves she reached out and placed a hand on the barrier trying to push her hand through. There was a strong tingling sensation and resistance against her hand, but not direct rejection. "It seems that though I am not completely repelled by the barrier I am unable to just enter the domain. Not a terrible result but still frustrating none the less. Although if you asked permission I am sure it would be granted for me to enter. Only a fool would reject someone as amazing as me" she said as she returned the glove onto her hand and turned towards Azani

Time: 12:30 pm​

Kami_X (God) + Roka (Regalia)
3l6d6x7ha6.jpg
Kami_X finished his noodle soup, slurping the broth, as he listened to the conversation of table SSA. Rather, eavesdropped seemed the more appropriate word, but the red-haired god didn’t feel any guilt over it since Shorn had originally wanted him present when he first told Nana he intended to reveal his identity to #4389 as well as his desire to name her. She responded more positively than he expected she would. Not that it was all that surprising. #4389 had always been a resilient spirit that easily got attached to the people she liked. Older than him too, so arguably wiser, but she was the type to let her feelings get in the way of her judgement.

Shorn called the entity inside of him the ‘true’ god of despair and disdain and, even after 100 years of ‘rehabilitation’ it was still able to physically affect him. A god that had to undergo ‘rehabilitation’ in itself was a strange enough. Not even Bimbogami needed one and she was a walking disaster that caused the end of the Bubble Era. Then again, between deified misfortune and despair, the later was probably a bit more closely tied to phantoms? Hard to say really. Misfortune can be a cause of despair, after all.

“Ugh, what am I doing wrong?” Roka groaned as he fruitlessly tried drawing a line with two fingers together. The small phantom Kami_X snatched off the shoulder of the tired waiter that had been getting yelled (due to the mishap with Shorn) only tilted its head curiously. Roka had been trying for 15 minutes to learn borderline with little success after hearing it was one of the requirements for the job. Seeing as Kami_X couldn’t exactly demonstrate the regalia skill, the god requested Senka do so while he continued his self-appointed task of eavesdropping. “Why do I even need to learn borderline for the job anyway?”

“To keep phantoms away from the school.”

“This little thing?”
Roka lifted the small puppy-like phantom with four eyes by the collar. “Isn’t it kinda cute though?”

“Ah,”
Kami_X glanced to the phantom Roka held. That thing? It’s actually a horrifying parasite that spreads a deadly disease which will degrade your skin, rot your brain, and slowly turn you into a monster.”

Wide-eyed, Roka dropped the phantom. Kami_X grinned. “Try now.”

Roka successfully created a boundary line between him and the phantom. “I did it…I did it!”

Kami_X slowly clapped. Practice made perfect after all. He heard some completely new regalias took a months before they successfully drew one while other geniuses did it on their first try so 15 minutes was probably above average. “Your borderlines are powered by your emotions. You’ve got to feel a significant amount of aversion to something to create a line separating you from it. With enough practice, it'll eventually become instinctual.”

“Aversion?”

“Disgust. Dislike. Desire to keep distance.”
Kami_X shrugged. “Phrase it however you like, but a borderline is a regalia’s main defense against those it considers to be a threat to themselves and the people around them. It works against gods and other spiritual beings as well.”

“Even against you?”

“If you ever consider me a threat, yeah.”
Kami_X smirked. He could feel himself being watched. Phantom? Another god? He couldn’t exactly say, but Kami_X gave no indication that he noticed and simply set his finished bowl down. He checked on his phone. Truthfully he was surprised Sumiko-chan hadn’t texted him at all since he’d ditched her at Hasuna’s place and he belatedly wondered if she’d gotten home safely. If Yuuken were a gentleman, he’d have offered to walk her home, though she was also an adult by Japanese law so it shouldn’t be a problem. Probably. He typed a quick text of ‘How was last night?’ to be safe before getting to his feet. “So just keep practicing while I intrude a certain table for a bit~”

Dante Verren Dante Verren

Time: 12:40 pm​
Kami_X (God) + #4389 (Spirit) + #10013 (Spirit)
“What do you mean by complications?” #4389 asked as she wiped #10013’s chin with a napkin. “What could be complicated about—”

A purple marker waggled in front of her causing her to stop and blink. Her eyes followed the hand to the figure it was connected to. Kami_X. Her good mood at having discovered the Shorn wanted to name her soured. "You dropped this at the SSA building."

#4389 glanced at her purse before looking back at Kami_X. “Did you steal it?”

“Me? Steal? I did no such thing! I’m hurt that you would think so after all we’ve been through together.”

“Hmph!”
Arms folded, #4389 turned away from him. “You can keep it. I don’t want anything you’ve touched.”

“Really? I think I will then.”
Kami_X pocketed the marker. “Congrats on finding a name and a god you seem to like by the way. Do your best, Sorami.”

“You were listening?!”
#4389’s face turned red with embarrassment.

“Just a bit~” Kami_X turned to Shorn. “I doubt your strict Boss would let you name an SSA spirit without going through all the procedures and paperwork like I had to so you’ll have to go back there to do so anyway. Complications exist in all walks of so how you two choose to tackle it is up to you guys~This is my business card.” Kami_X slid the card across the table. “Please call me whenever you have the time to talk. I intend to spend my next vacation at the Lilium Luxury Resort for a couple days and I heard that used to live there so I’d love to hear what you have to say about it.”

“Why should Shorn have to tell you anything?”

“Wow,”
Kami_X chuckled. “Whatever happened to the kind, mature spirit that was speaking so nicely in front of Shorn?”

#4389 stuck her tongue out. “You aren’t Shorn and you don’t deserve it. I bet your new regalias won’t last for longer than a couple of days after they see the mess that is your closet.”

“My new regalias are men,”
Kami_X pushed up his glasses proudly. “I’m sure they wouldn’t throw a hissy fit at a little mess and be able to appreciate the fineness that my superhero action figure collection.”

#4389 rolled her eyes while #10013’s eyes lit up with interest. “You’ve got a superhero action figure collection?”

“I do~”
Kami_X smirked smugly at #4389 before looking at #10013. “If you ever go to Shirotome High, stop by the computer clubroom and I’ll show it to you.”

“Why are you here, Kami_X?”

"To give you back your marker,"
The hacker god shrugged playfully before pointing to his table. “But also because Roka, Senka, and I were eating lunch at that table over there, so I figured why not. Shall I call them over to say hi? You're all from SSA so you all know each other, right?”

“Nope.”

“Somewhat…”

“Haha, I see. Well then, introductions are in order.”

Calling his new regalias over, Kami_X watched as they shook hands and introduced themselves to each other. Roka, as a vessel Ruki, and Senka, as a vessel Chiki. While Roka and #4389 discussed the intricacies of a borderline, #10013 seemed to enjoy touching Senka’s shaved head and Kami_X found his opportunity to speak to Nana’s new SSA agent, the god of despair and disdain. “I noticed you staring out the window. Are you the one doing the watching or are you the one being watched?”

A simple and vague question, but Kami_X wasn’t going to ask anything serious while he had even the slightest suspicion that he was being watched. He didn’t know what he could ask anyway since wasn’t sure what Shorn could or couldn’t reveal, according to Nana, and he wasn’t sure how much of it he could believe from a god that couldn’t be completely forthright.

Once Roka and Senka were done with their food, he intended to show them to Shirotome High and his father’s former apartment—the two places in the near shore Kami_X tended to alternate between. If they had belongings in SSA, it would be brought over. If not, they’d have to go shopping for necessities. His job for Nana was important, certainly, but more important to him was making sure his base of operations was secure and his new regalias settled. Once that was done, he’d give the Nora, whose business card he possessed, a call and see where things go from there. “And what do you intend to do now?”

The Secret Archives The Secret Archives
(mentioned: VeiledPariah VeiledPariah )

Last edited:
Time: 5:26pm​

Hikarumi (Regalia)
0d72a41d46c50926dd6d10b114b1c610.jpg
Seated in the front desk, Hikarumi had been sorting through files when the Nora that called herself Ametaru entered, offering to reinforce the barrier she’d constructed yesterday, bringing snacks, and questioning the whereabouts of spirit #10013. Hikarumi had only met the former(?) Imperial regalia yesterday, so she didn’t know much about the other girl, but she’d thought it strange that a regalia that had not been named by one of the death gods would offer to do the menial tasks of their regalias. A kind gesture, but one a little rude for those who took pride in their work to be honest because it implied that the death regalias weren’t doing a good enough job maintaining the barrier on their own. It also left their defenses in the hands of a stranger. However, while Hikarumi had mixed feelings about it, it was also true that their branch had requested for more assistance from Heaven – more specifically, the Shinigami HQ in Heaven.

Therefore, Hikarumi accepted snacks from Ametaru with a thanks. “Our newest field agent, Shorn, left earlier in the day to chaperone #4389 and #10013’s playdate.”

Making sure the spirits brought to SSA were content was also an informal part of the job. As the Nora excused herself, her thoughts drifted to when the hacker god came into the office that morning to meet with Nana. She hadn’t been informed of its contents, but it wasn’t hard to deduce that Nana wanted Kami_X’s help with something. Why else call the hacker god…and right after Shorn, the god of disdain and despair, was hired no less. Both were actions unusual for Nana and Hikarumi couldn’t help but think it was all connected somehow.

When Ametaru came back, it was with Ekibiogami. Glancing between the two, Hikarumi continued. “They’ll probably be back before the sun sets, as that is the time phantoms are most active, but I cannot say.” Or speak for sensibilities. She still didn’t get a full grasp of Shorn but, given that he’d spent last evening coloring with #4389, he seemed like the type to get dragged around by children. “I can give them a call for you if you’d like.” Shorn should’ve been given his SSA PDA. “Alternatively, if it’s not urgent, I can also take a message or you can wait here for her return.”

Any of those ways worked for her, but if Ametaru chose the third option than Hikarumi would have to make tea for their guests. It was what Nana would have wanted her to do and the Nora seemed to be a friend of their branch manager. As for the god of pestilence, she didn’t really have an opinion of him, but she’d seen his calling card more often since his shrine was left in ruins. She noticed one in the trash today in fact. It had Ekbiogami’s name crossed out and, written above the god's name, was the acronym AFAH.

VeiledPariah VeiledPariah CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu
(mentioned: The Secret Archives The Secret Archives )

Last edited:
Time: 12:32 pm​
Yuya Sumiko (Spirtual Human) and Yuya Ami (Normal Human/NPC)
Interaction Kami_X ( QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel )
Director of Europe.jpg fd24f19986713b80e7bb45d7bd762de1.png

A noisy buzz from Sumiko's purse altered caught her attention and alerted her to her phone going off. "Hold on Just a moment Ami-nee," She said as she began to dig through the bag to find her phone. Pulling the device free from the bag she quickly unlocked it too see what had caused it to buzz. Expecting an alert from one of the various apps on her phone or an email of some kind she was surprised too see it was a text from Kami_X, who she had labeled as merely Kx. Much easier to explain why someone was labeled as Kx in her phone rather than Kami_x. Sumiko was honestly not expecting him to text her, she thought that this would be one of the things where she would have to reach out to him when she needed him, not that he would check in on her. A smile crossed her face but was almost immediately replaced by a look of frustration at the very fresh memory of how he ditched her at another god's shrine where she had absolutely no idea what she was doing.

Furious fingers pounded on the keyboard as she typed her response. She was so focused on typing this reply that she was oblivious to the amused expression her sister had as Ami watched Sumiko send the reply. "It went fine thank you very much. Oh and next time if you plan on skipping out halfway through give me a heads up before we get to where we are going! You practically gave me a heart attack!" she hit send and put the phone face down on the table as to not be rude to her sister and not have to reach back into her purse for it if she needed to reply. Looking back at her sister she finally noticed the look on her face, "What? Why are you looking at me like that?" she asked Ami. Ami took another sip of her coffee and with a grin, "So whose the guy?" which earned her a sigh from her younger sister. "It's not like that. Just someone that I met a little bit ago. Geez why did you have to go there." Sumiko's protest caused the older woman to give her a small chuckle, "Sorry Sumi, It's the required older sibling joke."

Time: 2:06
sample_2456e803ca597018a8188cb314737122.jpg

Azani chuckled at what Miu said, not at her but more at the idea of what she said, though that devolved rapidly into a painful hiss. Azani knew her sister, she knew that despite the reincarnations her sister was likely to only have changed little. Ryujjin had become very different due to guidance from heaven, which would only teach Amaterasu to be as she had been before. In all her incarnations, or those Azani had seen, her sister was vain and hated her for being born.

" You have never met my sister" Azani said the pain obvious in her voice, while the blight did not grow it still hurt greatly and Azani could only liken it to being shot or plunging your hand into a furnace and keeping it there. " She is the queen of fools, and the most vain of gods. Once after an argument with our brother and retreated to a cave taking the sun with her. She was only drawn out when many gods gathered as Ame no Uzume gave them a strip show. And what did my dear sister notice, was it the rosters crowing, the nearly nude goddess dancing, no it was a mirror with her reflection in it only then did she return the sun" Azani explained giving a condensed version that did show to her just how vain her sister was. " There is no way she would let me or you into her shrine, but i don't feel like asking her permission" Azani smirked before calling " Come Shinyu"

This would once more grant Azani the wings of Miu and access to a weapon to cut the barrier. There was no way they were going to be able to destroy the whole thing, but a hole that they could manage and maybe here sister wouldn't notice. Azani moved tot he point where the barrier started and felt a little resistance herself, she was not welcome and Miu on her back was welcome even less. Azani moving around floatign off the ground and she hardened the feathers then with some work slashed a hole in the barrier using a great amount of her own power, both physical and spiritual. This left her feeling tried from just that and the burning in her hand even worse than before, it felt like her bones were on fire from the condensed blight in her hand. With the barrier opened the feeling of resistance was gone, but Azani could still feel she was not welcome and she didn't care.

" WelI think we will be crossing of a lot of firsts today" Azani joked not releasing Miu just yet as it was much faster to fly than walk. " Just need some holy water and we can leave hopefully before my sister decides this needs the army of heaven to solve." Azani continued as she spotted a small water basin with a ladle for drawing water, a place to cleanse yourself most shrines had. " That would be like her to take every tiny offence and blow it out of proportion" Azani continued as she landed by the clensing station and released Miu who was technically the first phantom to enter this place.

Azani took the ladle and drew out some water. Holding up her her hand the blackened appendage would be on full display and looking as if to just past her wrist she had an extreme case of gangrene. As she poured the water over her blighted hand the skin quickly lighted up, but the blight was in deep. Azani had to repeat the cleansing three times before she was free of it. The constant blight from having a phantom bound to her was a minor throbbing that felt almost like a small patch of her hand had fallen asleep. " Phew" Azani sighed " Glad to have that fixed up, can't have my regalia working with a maimed goddess" She chuckled.

Last edited:
Time: 4:05 pm​

Tsukuyomi (God)
0f89700bd14d912699c20bf7c73c7bed89884f81_hq.jpg

Tsukuyomi listened to Amaterasu’s concerns without interrupting her. He never fought as often as his siblings, always being the tranquil mediator between the two, but the few times he did, he tended to go overboard. That was why many legends painted him as a violent god. Those who knew Tsukuyomi personally, knew he disliked fighting. However, he was also the type of god that would mercilessly do what had to be done for the greater good. After all, whenever Ryuujin gave into his rage and rebelled against the Heavens, it would always be Tsukuyomi that had to put him down.

A sinner to punish a sinner. Heaven was certainly poetic.

“I don’t know if I’d have done anything differently than you have, My Queen.” Tsukuyomi spoke after some thought. “If I were the Ruler of the Heavens, I would have probably made it worse. After all, I am proof that gods can make mistakes.”

Tsukuyomi continued gently. “The moon doesn’t have a light of its own. It reflects the light of its sister the sun. You are the light of the Heavens, Amaterasu. Never doubt that. Rather you should follow your heart and trust the decisions you yourself believe is right.”

It was that light he’d always been chasing. Even now, if he had to name a reason he still supported the Heavens, it was because his elder sister was still there, abandoned by her younger brothers who strayed off the path all three of them had once walked. “Heaven has always served as pillar for humanity in its time of need. It must remain stable and strong to hold up that weight—that much is true. However, should humanity change its shape, so too must the pillar change its shape to properly support it. Nothing remains constant forever. Perhaps I’ve spent too long listening to the sages in the Undersea Palace, but I believe that in order for us gods to survive these coming waves we must push forward, but also be malleable like the water, willing to change and adapt as needed. Phantoms have shown us our flaws. That were able to break into the gates of Heavens 10 years ago, reveals how weakened and lax Heaven’s security has become. That’s the first I would fix if I was in your position – so that history does not repeat itself. The fact that they even raised a flag of war at all speaks to how oppressed they must feel and their growth a sure sign of humanity’s dissatisfaction.”

Not that he found the growth itself a bad thing exactly. Phantoms had become more entertaining to talk to. “If you find your court is full of poison, then you must rearrange it so the people you trust are the ones you lend your ear to. Poison and medicine, given in various quantities, can be one in the same, after all. No matter what the elders in Heaven might say, there are no gods that do not make mistakes. I cannot tell you what is right or wrong, My Queen. Only that you mustn’t let your past choices chain you, but instead learn from it as I have.”

Hands hidden within his kimono sleeves, Tsukuyomi brought them together. “Regarding our missing gods, I’m led to believe your generals are still looking into it…” The moon god might not attend the meetings, but he wasn’t deaf to them either. He usually learned the details from those that claimed to fall under ‘The Banner Under the Moon’. “…I wouldn’t count on an idiot like Raijin, but Fuujin is quite capable.”

Technically, Ryuujin was looking into a remnant of the war as well—the criminal Nikushimi, whom he had a personal grudge against. Whether or not she had any worthwhile knowledge about the missing/dead gods was still to be seen, but she had been one of the enemy generals that led the failed invasion of Heaven and Earth 10 years ago when shrines were being destroyed left and right.

“So there isn’t much for you to do, My Queen, but trust in your loyal retainers. Even if you don’t tell them, the gods that serve in your court know their duties.” Losing its ruler would throw the Heavens in an even greater disorder than it already was. That was why those who though further ahead wanted to focus on rebuilding broken homes rather than search for the missing of the past—who, if they did not return, may have well faded with the changing era of faith. New, young, gods would emerge from the wishes of current humanity, build their shrines, and earn their place in the newly reshaped Heaven. The process had already started. Organizations like SSA were gaining a greater voice in Heaven regarding the treatment of spirits. There was a growing sympathy for phantoms who were beginning to evolve and show degrees of thought beyond growth and consumption—one Tsukuyomi himself was supporting.

So long as warmongers and extremists didn’t ruin it.

“But, if you are still uncertain of which path to take, I’d advise speaking to them one on one about it over mooncakes. Gods are more willing to express themselves honestly when they know no one else is watching. Listen to their concerns and do what you can. After all, whether they are small gods or large gods, good gods or greedy gods, rich gods or poor gods, they are all your subjects.”

Last edited:
Time: 2:10pm
Interactions: Azani Karcen Karcen Miu Dante Verren Dante Verren
Amaterasu(Queen of the Heavens)
01F593BC-5A18-4D4E-9C05-29539344C8EB.jpeg

As Azani purified herself the clouds seemed to part light shining down converging to a single point before an immense pressure filled the surrounding area the light intense before dimming like a passing gust of wind there clad in her stark white and red dress stood a polar opposite image of the goddess her face stern as she raised a hand the sleeve of her kimono sliding down a bit with gravity as portals rippled in the air like those when water was disturbed weapons beginning to edge out from the openings aimed towards the pair.
9BD092DF-C475-4DDD-A087-D2BBB3649988.jpeg
“Dear sister it has been some time, I never thought you would grace one of my shrines with your presence let alone break its barrier in order to...”
The Queen of the Heavens halted her words as her eyes fell upon her spirit?
Just what kind of travesty was this.
The features of the goddesses face turned to anger as she continued.

“Now this is a sight, A shrineless god resorting to naming phantoms. You paid a visit to our mother it seems, Have you really fallen so low”
The goddess spat with frustration in her voice as the weapons of Heavens Army stayed until her call primed to skewer both goddess and phantom alike at her command.
“Tell me, how long do you think you can really keep that up? The blight will eventually become more than holy water can purify...you foolish girl”
Her radiance was building once more as she exerted her strength towards the goddess of grudges and her pet.
There were few things she descended from the heavens for but this was something she had expected for a long time. The forgotten sibling, always in the background surviving like a wild dog living off the scraps others left behind. It sickened her.
Amaterasu had many siblings and children deified under herself meaning they would never fade as long as she remained Azani however was not one of them.
For her to show herself now and in this manner even to ease her own blight was an affront to the Sun and her vast reach on the world.

“Explain, or perish”
——————————————————
Takamagahara
April 3rd 2030
4:10pm
Interactions: Tsukuyomi QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

“Your words put me at ease as ever”
She tossed absentmindedly after he had finished speaking. She supposed that she had asked for his advice and she received it although it wasn’t always what she wanted to hear. Yet that is precisely the reason she sought his council from time to time across her vast reign.
His words about her excising the poison from her court were a best case scenario. Much like a single god with many regalia she had to be careful when doing so our else discord would build and simply sink the ship faster out of fear and distrust.
The goddess huffed a short laugh at the thought that the man she exiled from her side would be the one speaking of her needing to trust others.
At that time she had trusted him and look what it had brought her. Forced between favoritism or upholding the justice that was the laws of the heavens.
Things in times long past had been easier when both of her siblings the ones she acknowledged anyways were by her side.
Together they established a hierarchy and quelled the worlds turmoil and strife but now she felt alone...always.
A single mind amidst a sea of doubt.
Yet he said the words she needed..trust in herself.

“Yes, I understand as for the Lost Ones I do indeed have the generals searching alas without answers. Yet I feel that answer is close but just out of sight from my eyes, still it will be revealed in time”
The woman waved a hand the topography showing once more as she looked among the humans of the near shore once more.
His final words seemingly more light hearted than advisable as she turned her eyes back towards the god and Ruler of the Night.

“You speak of trust dear brother....Are you insinuating that I can trust you?”
The goddess turned away from him definitively showing that she did not care to hear the answer as she continued.
“I will do as you have suggested, also I met with Azani today...I feel she will be a part of this plot though how involved I do not know yet. Tsukuyomi. I leave you to your duties”
The females words sounded more harsh and dismissing as she did not manage to meet his gaze once more after her earlier comment.
Chains...she certainly still felt the weight of them no matter how powerful she was. Everyone had something that weighed them down.
Amaterasu waved a hand allowing the vision of Tsukuyomi to ripple away as she stood sighing as she composed herself moving to the doors to her great hall forcing them open with both of her hands her guards and other gods awaiting her as she spoke to herself inwardly all signs of emotion leaving her face.
She was the Queen of the Heavens and bore a weight no one else would ever have to know.
And this weight she would bear alone...always.

Time: 2:12 pm​

Miu (Regalia)
Interactions: Azani ( Karcen Karcen ) Amaterasu ( VeiledPariah VeiledPariah )
Miu.jpg

Miu remained stone faced as Azani started to laugh. At this point she had come to expect it whenever she said anything that landed true or sounded particularly inspirational. Laughter seemed to be a form of acknowledgment which meant she probably didn't laugh to much like a normal person. Maybe if Miu made more jokes and got Azani to laugh regularly the goddess would give her some more of that sweet sweet pride. Focusing back in on Azani's story she nodded along at the ridiculous tale of the sun goddess. When Azani finished she nodded one final time, "Hmm she must have quite the ego if only her reflection could bring her out. To think someone could be so vain." She said with a bit of a shake of her head, the irony of her statement completely lost on her.

A large smile appeared on her face as he name was called and her body shifted into the beautiful black wings on Azani's back. Miu braced herself for impact as Azani sharpened the feathers and began to tear into the barrier. Just placing her hand on the barrier earlier wasn't painful, just annoying, but this was a different feeling. Cut through the damn thing was another story and Miu was forced to wince as she could feel the edges of her feathers begin to singe ever so slightly. It wasn't anything serious just burns that stung obnoxiously and wouldn't go away for a bit. Coming down for a landing and being released back into her normal form, Miu began to shake her hands back and forth trying to cool them down. Not even looking up from her hands she responded to Azani comment about being a maimed goddess, "Maimed or not you are still far greater then any other divine being in both looks and personality."

Suddenly clouds formed and then parted into golden rays of sunshine marking the descension of the mighty goddess of the Sun. As much as Miu didn't like the goddess, she could approve of the theatrics. Instead of quaking in fear or watering at the mouth at the overwhelming purtiy and strength before her, the phantom regalia raised an eyebrow. Her strength was laughable compare to Izanami and besides the golden trinkets behind her looked flashy but no way would they be a match for Miu's speed, at least that is what she firmly believed. Turning to Azani she raised her right hand to cover her mouth as if to block out the sun goddess, "Is she supposed to be the goddess of the sun? I thought the sun was supposed to be bright and shiny... not so dull and dim."

Time: 2:23
sample_2456e803ca597018a8188cb314737122.jpg

"This is her third self so you have to cut her some slack on her lack of raidance" Azani said far less respectful to her sister than her mother. Compared to the goddess of death the queen of heaven was far less intimidating. She was even less so when it was clear she hadn't changed at all, still unable to go beyond her narrow view of the world.

Azani never liked meeting her sister it always brought up memories of younger days. Still this was a far easier meeting than most abd it seemed the hate between them was still equal. That would end today, maybe Azani would just have to try to be a bigger person. Well she might try but it was hard to not get overly sarcastic with the queen.

"I see you still confuse me with one of your kind dear sister" Azani said a slight smugness in her tone "Naming Miu is not an issue to me. What I got rid of was a one time event as unlike all you gods of heaven I am nearly immune to blight" Azani said holding her now pure hand up to show that while a gid of heaven would already start blighting she was fine. "And this was no act of desperation, but a display of trust and change. If I was desperate the i could have named your hand me downs for Ame still wanders ad would even let me name her" she continued not having ill will towards Ame but saying she had options.

"The world is changing dear sister do not be blind to it. A few greater phantoms like miu have the ability to over come themselves nature and ancient hate. They could work with gods in this new world at least a few can." Azani almost pleaded actully wanting to help her duster some despite the hate Azani had some small amount of love for her hated twin. "If you dont beilive me, then watch me I am leaving the shadows and changing, I will have a shrine soon and all will know me " She continued almost wanting to shout the end.

"So what will it be dear sister accept the changing ways of the world or let the past be all you see?" Azani asked ready to flee should Amaterasu launch her attack. Azani did not want to have other gods see her as an attacker in this fight. There were plenty of gods that would obey her sister but that number had fallen in the past few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back