• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Ekibio ~~ god of Pestilence, Disease, and Sickness
Takumi98 Takumi98 Konjin and Miname, QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Kami_X

Date: April 4, 2030
    Time: 4:09 pm

Ekibio had the rat thing pinned under his heel when a god and his regalia started speaking to him. He turned his head to the pair, ignoring how the phantom was clawing and biting at his shoe, ripping it apart a little bit. "Yeah, I've got a regalia. She's not with me right now, though. I'm not always gonna need her around." He suddenly brought his foot up and kicked it into the air, punching it with one bare hand, hoping it would destroy it, but of course it didn't. Weak arms were a problem, when he tried punching a phantom. He groaned, irritated as it scampered off to wherever the human it was on went to, unhurt.

He turned his head to the regalia and the god. "And thanks for the intro. Who're you two?" He studied them but didn't recognize them. But, then again, he couldn't really recognize anyone. How can you when you avoided most gods and regalia? His phone dinged as they talked, and he looked at the text, half listening to them while he replied to Kami_X.

Recipient
    them
    Nice to meet you Ekibiogami! I have no idea what SSA is saying about me, but I’m not a magic god. I can’t conjure up a priest for you nor turn humans into disease-worshipping fanatics. What I can do for you is give you the numbers of some spiritually inclined humans I know – some of whom may be decent fit. Convincing them into the path of priesthood is up to you though. I can totally relate to the difficulties gods like us are facing these days, so I’m fine with an IOU .
    me
    Call me Ekibio. That's alright that you can't do that, I wasn't planning on making anyone "disease-worshipping fanatics," I plan on being known for stuff other than sickness. Can you send me a couple of those numbers? I'll talk to a couple of them when I can. And that's good, I'll make sure I can repay you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Date: April 4th, 2030
Time: 3:30 p.m​

Ryotaro Hirai
Ryo raised a brow when Rika told him why she came to the nurse's office. She said she came out of concern for him, wanting to get some medicine in case the "food" from last night didn't agree with his stomach. However, her mood didn't seem to match her words. She seemed a little irritated. Did he hit a nerve? Was she more sensitive about her cooking skills than he thought? Maybe it was something else. Well, he could think about that later. He was used to ticking people off when he talked to them. Besides, she didn't seem to be too upset, considering she was willing to give him a gift.

After accepting the stick of gum, Ryo held it up to the light and admired it. She said she was worried about him, and now she was giving him a present. Such kindness was almost enough to make him shed a tear. "I'll treasure this for the rest of my life. It'll be the Hirai family heirloom." It was the first edible gift she'd given him.

Ryo spun around in his chair as he joked, but he slowly came to a stop as the two girls argued. He had a bad feeling about the direction their conversation was going, and sure enough, Momo soon left the room with tears in her eyes. When he could no longer hear the pink-haired spirit's cries, he rolled closer to Rika, shaking his finger at her. "That's no good. You shouldn't make a girl cry like that." He tried to be considerate and keep his distance, but things still ended up this way. Of course, he knew Rika didn't have any bad intentions, and his criticism was said in a joking manner, but this most likely wouldn't improve Momo's opinion of him. If her hatred wasn't personal before, it might be now.

Not wanting to dwell on what happened and make things awkward, Ryo chose to focus on the compliment Rika gave him when she commented on his cooking. Acting as if he didn't hear the insult that came packaged with the praise, he giggled and rubbed the back of his neck. "You're making me blush." His half-hearted attempt at acting modest wouldn't convince anyone, especially when he was the one who gave his cooking the most praise.

Pushing his feet against the floor, Ryo rolled back to Hiroki when the boy asked for his phone number. "Sure thing." Now that he knew there was another classmate with the ability to see beings from the Far Shore, it would be best to have a way to contact him outside of school. If he needed information about something in the future, he could always ask Hiroki if he knew anything. Although, that would be the extent of it. He already learned his lesson after everything that happened this week.

After adding his number under the name 'Great Detective Ryo', he returned Hiroki's phone. Shortly after, Rika pushed a flyer into the boy's hand, causing the smile under Ryo's mask to widen. Forceful as ever. She definitely wasn't wasting any time trying to collect signatures. Aside from the nature of her campaign, it also probably had something to do with Momo. She was quick to leave, most likely wanting to make up with her friend.

As soon as Rika was gone, Ryo sighed and leaned over the chair, pocketing the gum she'd given him. He hadn't even done anything, but he was still causing problems for her and that spirit. Hopefully, they'd be able to make up without any issue. Although, even if they did, it wouldn't do anything about what actually caused the problem. Whatever was bothering Momo likely wouldn't be easy to overcome, especially if it had a connection to her death. He was surprised she managed to stay in the nurse's office for as long as she did. Considering that he never met her before, he doubted this was a personal grudge. He could probably believe it if it was just him she disliked, but Hiroki got the same treatment. The only thing he had in common with the boy was their sex and spiritual awareness. If he had to take a guess, it was an aversion to men or strangers. Unless he saw her interacting with another girl, he couldn't be sure which was correct.

With Rika gone, it fell on Ryo to answer Hiroki's question. He was supposed to be doing the asking, but this was a pretty important subject, so he could wait a little longer. "That would be a certain goddess. I think signing it and offering a prayer would be a nice gesture, but honestly, I'm not sure directing those prayers at who she has in mind is a good idea." Azani was the one responsible for the death they were mourning, but that wasn't the only issue. The way she chose to answer prayers from humans was one thing, but they really didn't know anything about her. Spreading the influence of a god or goddess when you knew nothing about them could have terrible consequences. However, that was the least of their concerns. The real issue was the school supporting a public display of spirituality. Compared to that, Azani wasn't very important. It'd be best if the memorial was kept small and done without including any sort of religious aspects, but if word spread and reached the wrong ears, warped perceptions could cause terrible things to happen, regardless of how they actually handled things. He knew firsthand how bad it was to be in AFAH's crosshairs. If the remnants of that organization perceived this as a threat to their ideals, bad things would happen. Even if they didn't get involved, that didn't mean things would end well. Ordinary people could do just as much harm as zealots. They could avoid and badmouth people, treating others poorly just to protect themselves or feel a sense of superiority. Kiyomi Suda's family could still be shunned, and so could the one who organized the memorial. He didn't want Rika to go through something like that.

"Enough with the gloomy topics! Your jaw must be warmed up after munching on a gourmet meal, so let's get to talking. I've got an appointment to make, so I'd like to wrap this up quickly." If possible, he also wanted to look for Momo. He still didn't know what happened at the school while he was away, so he was concerned about what might happen if she wandered around alone. Even if Kami_X and his regalia were here, he knew that having a god around didn't guarantee that everything would be okay.

"Now, for my first question, I'd like to ask about your special condition. How long has this been happening to you? Do you remember anything unusual happening around the time it first started? Contact with gods, phantoms, or anything of the sort? I'd like to know anything you can tell me about it and anything you think may have acted as a trigger." This was the first time he had come across someone like Hiroki, so he wanted to know as much as possible. The fact that he had the qualities of a phantom was also concerning. "Oh, I'd also like to know about your talk with Kami_X. Seems like everyone wants to meet with him. I'm almost jealous of how popular he is."

QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel Takumi98 Takumi98

Hiroki Niwa (Human)
Time: 3:31 pm
Mentioned: Lucem Lucem

"Y'know Ryo-Kun you're kinda popular yourself in a way. You are surrounding yourself with people after all. If you consider them friends or not, wellll that's up to you.~" It was a half-joke, really in response to his earlier statement about Kami_X's popularity. Though he sat up and handed the taller teen his lunch box back once he was done.

With Ryotaro answering his questions, Hiroki gave a hum in response, deciding not to question it further since from the sounds of it the goddess wasn't all that friendly. Then Ryo started asking about his problem, and the pinkette had to remind himself that the other was a detective if his contact name was anything to go by. He didn't answer right away, thinking about how long it had been since he had his 'condition'.

"It's a once in a while thing I guess so...it first happened, ah, ten years ago?" He muttered to himself, frowning as he leaned back on his hands.

"There's a shrine in my neighborhood, nothing too big or fancy, but I remember that one day there was a lot of gloom there while I was walking by, and it was real loud like a fight was going to break out, since there were some angry adults there. Someone walked me the rest of the way home, and they smelled like fresh sweet bread. Some god that I can't put a name to, I think? Whoever it was I haven't seen them since." He grumbled, slightly frustrated that he couldn't remember exactly. Huffing, he clicked his tongue.

"It first happened after that, and being as young as I was I thought it was from a weird dream. As for the talk with Kami_X, I figured that since I was out of my body at school I might as well ask him if he knew anything about what was going on with me, and he basically said this: there's really no cure for a half-phantom as far as he knows. Some people are born that way because their ancestors got cursed, others become like this because they've been close to death and lived, or they were in contact with a god at some point so their spirit is drawn to the far shore." He replied with a shrug. He may have been paraphrasing a bit, but he got the gist of the main points down at least.

Then he grew quiet in thought as he ended up laying back down and stared at the ceiling as he picked at his nails.

"Oh! I did run into a goddess and her regalias recently, probably why it happened here in the first place." He added as an after thought, as if just remembering the encounter and what had led up to it. Deciding not to mention almost getting hit by a car, he glanced to Ryotaro for the first time since he started speaking.

"Anyway I hoped that helped answer some of your questions Ryo-Kun. I don't wanna keep you from your important appointment, and besides a friend of mine is probably looking for me and I don't think you wanna see what'll happen to me when she finds me.~" he added in a chipper tone that trailed off into a slightly nervous one as he mentioned Mirai. He nearly shuddered at that, not looking forward to the potential scolding from her.

Date: April 4th, 2030
Time: 4:55 p.m
Shorn, God of Despair & Disdain
Interactions: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Shorn looked at his PDA as he approached the entrance of the SSA, and then glared at his quota for the day. He had done it, he got done what he needed to, and let out a sigh of relief. He felt a tugging at the back of his head, and he remembered he hadn't been back here since the incident with the Herald. He then recalled how he hadn't even reached out to #4389, and after dropping them back at the SSA, he went immediately to work.

Now, he was showing back up, and he felt a tug of guilt. Was he supposed to tell her about what he was doing? Was that how regalia, and God were supposed to interact with each other? What would he say, would and apology be appropriate? Did he even need to apologize? His head was swimming with newly found thoughts that simply didn't have a home to reside in. That was it, he was growing, and changing within such a short period of time. It was sort of frightening him actually. After stagnation for so long, and his rehabilitation to change it was never something that crossed his mind. He could change with his own influence, and he didn't have to rely on someone else to determine or guide him.

Shorn took a deep breath and steeled himself for what was to come, a naming ceremony, and soon. He then went forward, and entered the SSA greeting a few individuals as he went in. He still got looks of confusion as he walked within the SSA. A new worker during this time period was certainly still an oddity, and furthermore, he wasn't sure how, but rumors had formed about his actual title as a God of Despair. He hadn't even been here long, and already he was feeling the same way he did with other gods. Maybe he was too far out of his depths after all.

As Shorn was contemplating all of these things, his head was starting to throb, and he was inadvertently releasing a hint of his negativity outwards. It was traceable, easily noticeable within this sanctuary of the SSA. If he had noticed it, he would have been ashamed, but he was too lost in thought. Perhaps it was anxiety, or even excitement that was causing it, regardless he was still moving forward.

Eventually, Shorn reached the entrance of the spirit room, and looked down at his empty hands. Was he supposed to bring gifts for times like this? What was he thinking, he had just bought them tons of stuff on their outing. He laughed a bit, now he looked around hoping to just spot a familiar face to talk to in order to clear his thoughts.

Konjin (God) + Miname (Regalia)
Time: 4:10 pm
Mentioned: CheshireMitsu CheshireMitsu QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel

Konjin rose a brow again, watching as Ekibio kicked and punched at the phantom. The fact that he failed didn't necessarily surprise him, but he chuckled to himself as he glanced to Miname.

The regalia nodded and formed a halberd with her hand, making an upward arch with her arm and sending a blade of light right at the rat phantom as it scampered off, aiming to cut deep and stop it in its tracks. Her name making itself known right before her inner elbow on her forearm in dark red as her sleeve slid down

"I'm Konjin, god of metals. This is Miname." The white haired god greeted as he motioned to the woman in question as she brought her arm down into another arch, causing another blade to be sent to the phantom. She turned her head to look at Ekibio upon being introduced, a nod being sent his way.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, but given how things have been lately, I hope you know where your regalia is right now in case you may need her. Your hand hasn't been blighted has it?" She greeted, before frowning as she remembered he had fought bare handed. Many gods these days likely wouldn't have gone out of their way to do so for many reasons.

Konjin himself realized that this would've been the third blight he'd have to deal with if it turned out the blue haired brat before him did get blighted trying to punch the oversized rat. Funny how it was the hands, like a certain red haired punk and his very polite regalia who went out of their way to feed him and his own Regalias.

Tatsuya (Nora) & Michiya (Regalia) + Sakiya (Regalia)
Time: 4:59 pm
Mentioned: QuirkyAngel QuirkyAngel , Haze- Haze- VeiledPariah VeiledPariah , The Secret Archives The Secret Archives

The Nora that went as Noga outside of business, as Atsushi with Kaguya-hime, Rento with Kuebiko, and right now as Tatsuya couldn't help but be a bit distracted while following one of Omoikane's child regalias into her place after the redhead had gone out of his way to ensure the borderlines were secure at the shrine.

"Ah, Sakiya! Look who's here! Look!" Michiya beamed happily as they approached, grabbing one of her hands in his two mitten wearing ones.

"Sakiya, it's been so long, how have you been?" The Nora greeted, giving the child regalia a wave. The blonde glanced up at him, a ghost of a smile on her face.

"Hello, Tatsuya-Kun. Guess what?" She asked as she stopped wiping down a wooden shelf.

"What's up?" Tatsuya replied, tilting his head. Sakiya actually smiled this time.

"Mizuki is now part of the Ya clan, now known as Tomoya." Sakiya announced, causing Tatsuya to perk up.

"Really?" He asked, earning a nod of confirmation from both children. This was great news to hear, knowing that his friend had a permanent place to stay.

"Where is she right now?" He asked. Sakiya motioned for the two boys to follow, turning on her heels as she led them down the main hall.

"She's been trying to convince The Lady to rest, even being rather blunt to do so." The blonde replied, before glancing over her shoulder at the Nora.

"From what I've heard, you've been to Kyoto recently. How does it look these days?" She asked, watching as the dark haired male sighed.

"A mess, from what I've seen so far. There's quite a bit of gloom." He replied, reminded of the mess left at the highschool only hours ago, even if most of it was likely cleaned up by the gods and the humans since then the damage had been done and things could only go forward from there. He wouldn't question why a phantom had targeted a fellow Nora and god pair there of all places as it wasn't his place currently. His thoughts went to Lady Kaguya instead, knowing she'd be happy to see her father again, despite recent events.

"I see." Sakiya hummed, continuing her stride as she pulled Michiya along from their intertwined hands, swinging them between the two. Passing a few doors, she turned to her right, and then stopped at a a door to her left where a muffled conversation could be heard.

"They're in here still. C'mon Michi, let's go get some tea." She announced, turning to go the opposite way towards the kitchen while waving over her shoulder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back