• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Noragami: Dawn Of A New Age

S n o w

Dreamer
Roleplay Type(s)

• To keep themselves from being forgotten, the gods on the near shore made a choice. One that shifted the fate of humanity forever. It started with Akani, the god of song and dance, who made herself known to humans by putting on plays and musicals for them in a small quarter of Osaka.

As her popularity grew, many of the younger, shrineless gods followed suit. Some inspired paintings, or made art themselves, and had their names put on the finished work before they were sold. While others would become spokesmen for companies they helped to create. A god of vanity eventually started advertising products, and was displayed on billboards. Humanity was forced to acknowledge the existence of gods beyond folktales and acts of faith. Gods became something normal for humanity, and knowledge of them and the regalia that accompanied them became commonplace.

Because of this, humanity became more dependent on gods, expecting them to solve their problems more and always answer when prayed to. Humanity expected gods to do whatever was asked of them, no matter how mundane or simple it was.

A few people voiced their dissent over how much more humanity was starting to rely on gods to do things they used to do themselves. Then the few became many, and a group called Dawn was born. Dawn makes no secret of the fact that they dislike gods, and their goal of bringing the world back to how it used to be before, even if they have to drive gods away or go to more extreme measures to do it.

—​
    In this world, gods have become commercialized, and the most popular near shore deities are treated similar to celebrities.

The majority of the far shore gods have cut ties with those on the near shore, disapproving of what they're doing.

Most humans still can't see phantoms, but are aware that gods protect them from corruption.

Last edited:
Ohh, I really love Noragami so I'd definitely be interested in this! However, I think I need a question clearing up. Do we need to play a god and their shinki/regalia?

Ohh, I really love Noragami so I'd definitely be interested in this! However, I think I need a question clearing up. Do we need to play a god and their shinki/regalia?
You can play as one or the other. You don't have to do both.

I'm interested. Not sure I'll be able to join, though. Will we be paired up with a regalia? Is there something that will 'connect' our Gods, like being against or for Dawn?

I'm interested. Not sure I'll be able to join, though. Will we be paired up with a regalia? Is there something that will 'connect' our Gods, like being against or for Dawn?
You can chose a regalia, or you can meet up with one in the RP and form a bond that way.

What do you mean by connect?

You can chose a regalia, or you can meet up with one in the RP and form a bond that way.
As in, do our gods have to be for or against Dawn so that we may form some sort of team in order to interact with other players? Or will we interact in meetings on Tadamahara (I think it was spelled like that)? Do we have to follow some sort of plot? Or is this more of a sandboxy RP?

As in, do our gods have to be for or against Dawn so that we may form some sort of team in order to interact with other players? Or will we interact in meetings on Tadamahara (I think it was spelled like that)? Do we have to follow some sort of plot? Or is this more of a sandboxy RP?
Sandboxy, with planned events

Users who are viewing this thread

Back