• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy โ” ๐๐Ž๐‚๐“๐”๐‘๐๐„ || ๐ซ๐ž๐œ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ข๐ญ

tumblr_pjc4u5yzE91xep8sgo1_400.gifv

๐“๐‡๐„ ๐’๐“๐Ž๐‘๐˜​

๐‘ป๐‘ฏ๐‘ฌ ๐‘ฝ๐‘ฌ๐‘ฐ๐‘ณ
The Veil is a secret organization of monster hunters headquartered in Rome. Their network extends all across Europe, North Africa, and even parts of Western Asia, from the coasts of Spain all the way to the far reaches of the Ottoman Empire and beyond. For centuries they have protected the world from all kinds of dangers that lurk in the shadows: vampires, werewolves, goblins, ghouls, demons, devourers, strigas, cemetaurs, and so on and so on. Chances are, if youโ€™ve heard or read about any kind of mean ugly monster in a bedtime story, theyโ€™re real. You just donโ€™t know about it, because our homies @ Veil HQ are out here makin shit happen.

Being a member of The Veil requires years of training - where, sadly, not everyone survives - as well as enormous amounts of sacrifice. It is an extremely dangerous way of life filled with plenty of pain and sorrow and, of course, death. Don't worry though, there will be plenty of happy moments squeezed in between. Still - in this organization, only a slim few are lucky enough to survive into old age. Recruits typically join as children, though some join during their adolescent years. Some, also, are born into it. In those instances, The Veil has been the only thing they've ever known.

There are three very important rules to The Veil. Breaking these rules means punishment, and punishment means, well, death. They are as follows:

One. Never abandon The Veil. Once you join, you join for life. You must relinquish any ties to your old life, including any and all connections with your friends and family. This is to ensure their safety, as well as preventing sensitive information regarding The Veil or the supernatural in general leaking out into the everyday world.

Two. Never reveal The Veilโ€™s secrets. No you canโ€™t go around town telling people vampires exist. First of all no one is gonna believe you, and second of all doing so would be considered a major breach in Veil security. The Elders will make sure to shut that shit down immediately.

Three. Never kill on neutral grounds. This is a huuuge no-no. The Elders consider neutral grounds to be very sacred. Anyone that's ever broken this rule has always been executed on the spot.

Very rarely does anyone break the rules. It happens once every twenty or thirty years.

๐‘ฌ๐‘ผ๐‘น๐‘ถ๐‘ท๐‘ฌ - ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ‘
After many long years the Plague is beginning to finally wind down. Because the members of The Veil are mortal beings, however, a lot of them ended up catching the disease and dying from it #rip. Due to this, The Veil's ability to eliminate supernatural threats across Europe has steeply declined over the past decade. As a result, a whoooole lotta supernatural's have been running amok doing all sorts of crazy ass shit. Not to mention the deaths of just about two-hundred-million souls brought about a sudden, rather massive spike in the supernatural population. More specifically, the vampire population.

To deal with the problem, The Elders have begrudgingly passed a new rule stating that "friendly" members of the supernatural community may work with members of The Veil in order to keep things under control. Note - they never said they could join, they just said they could help. Key word to remember there.

All in all, many of The Veil's hunters haven't responded well to this. Who can blame them really, when after spending their whole lives being taught to hate and kill their enemies, they are now being told to work alongside them? While there are some who understand allying with other supernaturals is a worthwhile cause, there are still plenty of others that strongly believe the opposite. So far, the subject alone has been the cause of many heated arguments. But nothing more.

At least, not
yet.

Last edited:
I am not familiar with Hunter either. Is it a book series?
It's a role-playing game by White Wolf in their World of Darkness setting, alongside games like Vampire: The Requiem and Werewolf: The Forsaken. (If you, like me, are a bit older, you're probably more familiar with the original versions of the settings: Hunter the Reckoning, Vampire the Masquerade and Werewolf The Apocalypse.)

Hunter is about basically normal humans taking on the other paranormal threats from the rest of the World of Darkness.

It's a role-playing game by White Wolf in their World of Darkness setting, alongside games like Vampire: The Requiem and Werewolf: The Forsaken. (If you, like me, are a bit older, you're probably more familiar with the original versions of the settings: Hunter the Reckoning, Vampire the Masquerade and Werewolf The Apocalypse.)

Hunter is about basically normal humans taking on the other paranormal threats from the rest of the World of Darkness.
What he said.

I am not familiar with Hunter either. Is it a book series?
I apologise for not answering earlier but what Humble said is 100 % on the market.

Hi!! Interested right here!

But need to know if OOC is in RPnation or on Discord?
I plan to set up a discord but the weekdays are extremely busy for me. I want to make sure I get the thread set up first before getting a chat going, too. Feel free to apply in the meantime!

I'm assuming realistic face claims judging by the youtube stuff? If it is I'll just wish you luck for your roleplay, haha.

All,
I'm gonna be busy with Christmas shopping all weekend but I will respond to messages when I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back