• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Ladies and Gentlemen, after much deliberate thinking with the end of the first round, I have decided to extend the signups up to February 1. This is in that way there will be those interested to join and make applications to have the time to work on them after the holidays. Thank you.

Hello!

Just to be one hundred percent sure, this is still closed to new players right? (Because I already have a character idea that I've been itching to play in a MV RP)

Last edited:
Hello!

Just to be one hundred percent sure, this is still closed to new players right? (Because I already have a character idea that I've been itching to play in a MV RP)
Nope, we are still accepting until February 1st.

And here's my contribution:

u23XJzJ.png

EUDY3jxWsAAJDJB.jpg

Name:
| Ben Solo | "Kylo Ren" (Former Alias) |

World:
Star Wars (Alt Universe)

Powers:
- Force Powers:
As the heir to the Skywalker bloodline, being the grandson of Darth Vader (The Chosen One), Ben Solo possesses an amazingly strong connection to the Force. Below are a list of powers that he had utilized in Canon, but aren't limited to specifically:
- Telekenesis: The ability to lift, move and otherwise manipulate physical matter in a variety of ways. (Includes Force Push and Force Pull)
- Force Stasis: To forcibly restrain and immobilize people or to halt objects headed in a Force-user's direction. Often manifesting as a shimmering, transparent energy field enveloping the target, the ability allowed its users to cancel out the motion of a target to not only reduce its speed, but even suspend it in place.
- Force Choke: The ability to strangle someone with the force, applying pressure on the opponent's throat. Two individuals can be choked at once provided enough concentration is invested.
- Force Dash: Allows its user to increase their speed for a brief time - usually to quickly avoid incoming projectiles.
- Force Leap: Augment the user's natural leaping ability. Can jump farther and higher with much acrobatic grace and skill.
- Mind Probe/Telepathy: Allowed the user to sense or even sift through the thoughts, emotions, and memories of the victim, seeking useful information. Only works on weak-minded individuals, with those more intelligent, force sensitive, or possessing anti-psychokinetic abilities being capable of resisting it.

Abilities:
- Skilled Swordsman:
Kylo displays remarkable prowess in the use of an acrobatic, fluid and aggressive form of lightsaber combat mirroring that of his grandfather's own style and displayed seasoned hand-to-hand combat prowess, effectively chaining martial arts attacks into his dueling style.
- Expert Pilot: Having been born to a family filled with expert pilots, Kylo Ren is a very skilled combat pilot.

Weapons and Equipment:
- Skywalker Lightsaber
: Passed down from his grandfather, to his uncle, to Rey, and finally to him during the Battle of Exegol, Ben Solo wields the Skywalker legacy in the palm of his hand.
- Rossmoyne Vitiator Pistol: Given to him by Lando Calrissian sometime prior to his jedi training. Ben had rarely used this weapon outside of certain circumstances. One notable time was during the Battle of Exegol, where he used it at least once to fire upon one of the Knights of Ren. He would use this when access to his lightsaber and/or the force was rendered unavailable, or when hiding his force powers.

Personality:
Ben Solo was once a conflicted individual. Being a product of Jedi and Sith teachings, Ben embodied the conflict between the dark side and the light, making the young Force warrior dangerously unstable. Such instability had once lead him down the path of the dark side, becoming the dark side persona as "Kylo Ren". However, after his encounters with Rey alongside the visions of his now deceased parents and realizing Palpatine's true objective that went completely opposite of his own, Ben was able to return to the side of light and acknowledge his Force Dyad with Rey, helping her take down Emperor Palpatine and the Sith Order once and for all. His compassion towards Rey and his family had ultimately triumphed over his hatred, enough to ensure his fate as one with the Force...

Or so that's what he envisioned.

Filled with grief now that the last person he had left was gone, Ben escaped Exegol and flew to the farthest regions of the galaxy in self-exile. He carried a mantra of grief and scorn over his insidious actions during his days in the First Order and now having been unable to resurrect the one he loved he felt disowned by both sides of the Galactic conflict. He believed that the New Republic would not accept him in despite helping their golden prodigy Rey, nor would any remnant of the First Order still lurking out in the farthest regions of the galaxy who no doubt would brand him a traitor. Even he felt that the Skywalker blade he possessed was not worthy of him wielding it, only carrying it for the sake of family heritage; forever reminding him of his legacy. But now he was now completely alone with only his past regrets forever haunting him. Yet it was this grief that further connected him to the purest form of the force, allowing him to tap into both sides of the force to harness its truest essence. He would walk the path of gray, being neither jedi or sith. Despite his past continuing to haunt him, no matter how many times he tries to let it die, Ben was determined to reforge his name and emerge from the darkness when the time was right...

And when he received a particular letter to serve a higher calling, Ben didn't hesitate to answer.

Bio:
"Wiki Link"

(Ignore the "ROS" ending)

Who Will Be Watching?:
None

Themes:

Last edited:
And here's my contribution:

u23XJzJ.png

EUDY3jxWsAAJDJB.jpg

"I will always be with you."

Name:
| Ben Solo | "Kylo Ren" (Former Alias) |

Cause of Death:
Transferring his life energy to return Rey from death after her climatic duel against her grandfather Sheev Palpatine - aka Darth Sidious.

Powers:
- Force Powers:
As the heir to the Skywalker bloodline, being the grandson of Darth Vader (The Chosen One), Ben Solo possesses an amazingly strong connection to the Force. Below are a list of powers that he had utilized in Canon:
- Telekenesis: The ability to lift, move and otherwise manipulate physical matter in a variety of ways. (Includes Force Push and Force Pull)
- Force Stasis: To forcibly restrain and immobilize people or to halt objects headed in a Force-user's direction. Often manifesting as a shimmering, transparent energy field enveloping the target, the ability allowed its users to cancel out the motion of a target to not only reduce its speed, but even suspend it in place.
- Force Choke: The ability to strangle someone with the force, applying pressure on the opponent's throat. Two individuals can be choked at once provided enough concentration is invested.
- Force Dash: Allows its user to increase their speed for a brief time - usually to quickly avoid incoming projectiles.
- Force Leap: Augment the user's natural leaping ability. Can jump farther and higher with much acrobatic grace and skill.
- Mind Probe/Telepathy: Allowed the user to sense or even sift through the thoughts, emotions, and memories of the victim, seeking useful information. Only works on weak-minded individuals, with those more intelligent, force sensitive, or possessing anti-psychokinetic abilities being capable of resisting it.

Abilities:
- Skilled Swordsman:
Kylo displays remarkable prowess in the use of an acrobatic, fluid and aggressive form of lightsaber combat mirroring that of his grandfather's own style and displayed seasoned hand-to-hand combat prowess, effectively chaining martial arts attacks into his dueling style.
- Expert Pilot: Having been born to a family filled with expert pilots, Kylo Ren is a very skilled combat pilot.

Weapons and Equipment:
- Skywalker Lightsaber
: Passed down from his grandfather, to his uncle, to Rey, and finally to him during the Battle of Exegol, Ben Solo wields the Skywalker legacy in the palm of his hand. Despite Rey having buried the lightsaber at the Lars homestead on Tatooine after he died on Exegol, Ben would awaken with the weapon already in his possession.
- Rossmoyne Vitiator Pistol: Given to him by Lando Calrissian sometime prior to his jedi training. Ben had rarely used this weapon outside of certain circumstances. One notable time was during the Battle of Exegol, where he used it at least once to fire upon one of the Knights of Ren. He would use this when access to his lightsaber and/or the force was rendered unavailable, or when hiding his force powers.

Personality:
Ben Solo was once a conflicted individual. Being a product of Jedi and Sith teachings, Ben embodied the conflict between the dark side and the light, making the young Force warrior dangerously unstable. Such instability had once lead him down the path of the dark side, becoming the dark side persona as "Kylo Ren". However, after his encounters with Rey alongside the visions of his now deceased parents and realizing Palpatine's true objective that went completely opposite of his own, Ben was able to return to the side of light and acknowledge his Force Dyad with Rey, helping her take down Emperor Palpatine and the Sith Order once and for all. His compassion towards Rey and his family had ultimately triumphed over his hatred, enough to ensure his fate as one with the Force...

Or so it was thought.

Now resurrected himself, Ben once again shows conflict within his place in the force. Despite having already rejected the dark side teachings of the Sith and redeeming himself in a sense, he believes his actions as "Kylo Ren" would never allow him to fully embrace the title of Jedi, despite their teachings also having failed him in retrospect. He would no longer count himself as either jedi or sith; nor as solely part of the light or dark. Having understanding of both teachings, Ben would attempt to control the conflict inside him in an attempt to achieve equilibrium akin to the fabled "gray jedi". His allegiance will be that of the force, one which he will use to any means necessary to achieve his goals.

Bio:
"Wiki Link"

Overdrive Name:

Force Repulse

Overdrive Description:
An extremely powerful telekinetic Force power similar in function to Force Push, but on a far larger scale, akin to that of Force Wave, Force Repulse was no more or less than a gigantic telekinetic explosion. The user would concentrate on the Force and violently push it outwards, creating rapidly-expanding kinetic ripples in space, flinging nearby objects away at high velocity. The power only affects objects a certain distance away from the user, and therefore could be avoided by moving further away from the user.

Themes:

Yeah um...we already have a guy from the star wars verse...and it's weird

Yeah um...we already have a guy from the star wars verse...and it's weird

Who might that be? And does that interfere with Ben's inclusion?

Edit: Oh... oh I see exactly who you mean. Rest assured, Ben Solo is going to be treated as... well a normal character with some liberties I feel would suit him.

Who might that be? And does that interfere with Ben's inclusion?
It's this guy

And yes, since, let just say, after he wins/lose, the gods would already know what Ben can do since they're of the same universe, that is why only one person can use one participant from one fandom only

It's this guy

And yes, since, let just say, after he wins/lose, the gods would already know what Ben can do since they're of the same universe, that is why only one person can use one participant from one fandom only

Honestly I would be fine with that if a SW character was taken seriously - like if it was actual Anakin Skywalker.

However this... for all intents and purposes... "joke" character makes this all the more sour-taste in my mouth. Dunno how to quite feel about that if I have to be honest.

Honestly I would be fine with that if a SW character was taken seriously - like if it was actual Anakin Skywalker.

However this... for all intents and purposes... "joke" character makes this all the more sour-taste in my mouth. Dunno how to quite feel about that if I have to be honest.
I know, it's really....shit, to be honest. Like I've told him to be "human sized", but no, he wanted giant. Kind of ruins the serious atmosphere of the rp, really.

I know, it's really....shit, to be honest. Like I've told him to be "human sized", but no, he wanted giant. Kind of ruins the serious atmosphere of the rp, really.

Which begs the question... and not to sound rude but... why did you accept this character in the first place if you really didn't like it either?

Which begs the question... and not to sound rude but... why did you accept this character in the first place if you really didn't like it either?
We had discussed about his height and then it all goes down to just 10 feet, not really realistic in a sense, could have said 7 ft, but I doubt he would accept.

We had discussed about his height and then it all goes down to just 10 feet, not really realistic in a sense, could have said 7 ft, but I doubt he would accept.

I personally take more "offense" to the fact that it seems to come more as a kind of "Chinese-Bootleg" version of Anakin Skywalker (like c'mon, "Anakim"... really?) with an added unnecessary gimmick that makes no sense to him as a character. Why is he even giant? It isn't even explained in his profile from what I've seen. Sure everything else "seems" normal, but that's the thing. I just personally don't see this as an... acceptable alternate-version of the character.

All I'm saying is, I have no idea why he was accepted and personally would've not accepted that character if I were in your shoes as a GM.

Pointless rambling aside, I can maybe try and attempt to find another character to play if his spot will remain...

I personally take more "offense" to the fact that it seems to come more as a kind of "Chinese-Bootleg" version of Anakin Skywalker (like c'mon, "Anakim"... really?) with an added unnecessary gimmick that makes no sense to him as a character. Why is he even giant? It isn't even explained in his profile from what I've seen. Sure everything else "seems" normal, but that's the thing. I just personally don't see this as an... acceptable alternate-version of the character.

All I'm saying is, I have no idea why he was accepted and personally would've not accepted that character if I were in your shoes as a GM.

Pointless rambling aside, I can maybe try and attempt to find another character to play if his spot will remain...
I don't think there would be a need for I have told him he is off the list

Ah shit, aight. Good call if I'm gonna have to be brutally honest. I suppose Ben Solo's profile is otherwise accepted?
Only if you posted it on the CS Thread using the CS format. I see you took the one from the main RP, which is still closed.

Ah... I see. My bad on that front, it seemed that I got a bit confused. Will get onto that soon.

Actually in that case, I'll slightly change his history a bit - at least just before he got invited in. Nothing too major, but let's call it... an "alternate ending".

Last edited:
I have now altered Ben Solo's profile - as well as a bit of the history shown in the personality potion. Again, nothing to drastic other than one specific change.

I have now altered Ben Solo's profile - as well as a bit of the history shown in the personality potion. Again, nothing to drastic other than one specific change.
Okie, just post it on the CS Thread and you good

Users who are viewing this thread

Back