• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern No Strings Attached

SpaceCase

drinks coffee and cries
NO STRINGS ATTACHED​

Do you hate soulmate AUs with a burning passion? Do you like them, but you also like to think about how screwed up society would actually be if that was a thing? Were you just wondering why a group roleplay has such a romance private roleplay kind of title? If any of these apply, or you're curious for some other reason, you should keep reading.

basic premise:
In an alternate world where you and your soulmate share injuries, from bruising to scars, nothing is considered more important than finding and marrying your soulmate. Religions condemn relations outside soulmates, parents harm their children so that they have unique scars so they can find their soulmates easier, and even the government punishes people who enter into long term relationships with people who aren't their soulmates under the Red String Laws. These punishments take the form of being fined for everything from getting a place together, to having a child. However, some people don't agree with this system. Mostly college students, really. And so, in a show of freedom and rebellion against the system, they do the only thing they can do: They form a club.

This is pretty much a slice of life taking place at a college, all the characters are part of a club which wants more rights for those without soulmates. As a result, pretty much every single member of this club would prefer not to marry their soulmate, or for some other reason disagrees with the system. Maybe they're a gay girl whos soulmate turns out to be a guy, or their parents intentionally scarred them so they could find their soulmate easier. Whatever the reason, they know that the system is broken, and they'll do what it takes to bring it down, or at least do their best to while also balancing school, work, and relationships.

Awesome, thanks!!! I probably wont be able to get a thread up for it for a couple days, but im glad that people like the concept!!

Wow, thanks everyone!!! I'm hoping to get the threads up for this within the week, depending on how some stuff goes. In the meantime, feel free to start thinking about what you might wanna do for a character, and if you have any specific questions on anything feel free to ask me.

___
SheepKing SheepKing Libellule Libellule deathworm deathworm PaigeMadison PaigeMadison Lost Lost Lately Lately unscripted unscripted CosmicBoii CosmicBoii hyakinthos hyakinthos lette lette JujuBee JujuBee laybaeby laybaeby Reticent Reticent Shadow Alpha Shadow Alpha
I actually have a question. What kind of face claims can we use? Are you expecting like, realistic ones or can we use art?

I actually have a question. What kind of face claims can we use? Are you expecting like, realistic ones or can we use art?

I personally dont have a preference, if you like either one better thats fine by me, I get that sometimes its easier to find art for a face claim, and sometimes its easier to find a photo. Whichever works for you, really. Mine will probably be photos, if that means anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back