Experiences No Saving System

Groggy

Aspiring Author
I joined this website to post some written works of mine. I had decided to start by going through a summary of an old roleplay that I loved. I had written a large amount, gotten photos, and I was pretty proud of it. I went through a tough time and hadn't worked on it for a bit. I returned to see it was gone. I found out that this website doesn't save unposted things for longer than 24 hours. It honestly sucks because I worked really hard on that and it's gone forever. I'll most likely never find those photos again. I've been dying to write and when I'm finally in the right headspace, I have to start over. I'm just going to write it on google docs and paste it here from now on. I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the month. just bummed right now. Does anybody have any other bad writing stories they want to share?

This definitely sucks.

I had something similar happen to me just last week. I had the brilliant idea to start writing all my posts in my cell phone notes, because it's so much more practical than turning on my computer to write. It's been months and I've honestly never had any problems. Then came the fateful day when I went to copy a multi-paragraph post from the notes to paste it here on the site, but ended up clicking to delete it by accident. I couldn't recover it either and had to write it all over again.

If I learned a valuable lesson? Absolutely not. I keep writing in my cell phone notes and I never save it anywhere else. It's bold, yes, but I'm a lost cause.

If you have an Apple phone you can recover deleted notes. You just need to hit the arrow in the top left corner and any recently deleted notes will be in the recently deleted folder. I've never had an android so I'm not sure if you can do it on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back