• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern ❝No matter what happens, you keep findin' something to fight for.❞ [The Last of Us 1&2 // Long-term // (Adv.)Lit // MxF, then MxM]

Leroux

Fordi du var så forskjellig fra de andre.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
**INITIALLY MxF, then MxM (for reasons outlined under the 'relationship between our characters' section

Hey there!
I'll get down to the nitty-gritty of this mostly-depressing plot.

Plot?

This plot is inspired by and based on the world of The Last of Us (1&2), so please make sure you have played both of these games, and have full understanding of the storyline from start to end before you continue reading this thread. (BTW not related to the HBO show! Please spare the spoilers lol)

Essentially, it will be a fairly cinematic and realistic story of our two protagonists surviving together.

I expect there to be a constant effort to survive the dead, the people, the circumstances. Sometimes they'll join a group and have minor and/or major conflicts with some of the members, sometimes they'll struggle to find supplies and food and they'll get grumpy at each other for the smallest things and have arguments, and at other times they'll try to be romantic with what they can afford, they'll get injured fatally or not, etc... basically anything and everything that can happen in a real post-apocalyptic world. We'll go with the flow, wherever it may take us.

What kind of atmosphere can I expect?​

It will principally be of serious and nostalgic (of the pre-apocalyptic world) atmosphere but with that being said, what I truly desire to see in this plot is everything painfully human: sadness, anger, misunderstandings, bloodlust, hostility, altruism, selfishness, desperation, revenge, hope, forgiveness, compassion, brutality, possible subhuman motives (e.g., cannibalism - but not necessarily involving our characters) and joy and silliness where appropriate. Things that would happen if the outbreak were to happen in real life. Not always being kind to one another, or cruel, but being humans with one another.

Ultimately, I reckon the main theme would be our characters holding onto their last frail pieces of humanity as they continue to survive for as long as they can without losing each other.

Relationship between our characters? / More deets about the plot

*Note: the specific pre-established set-up that's described below is non-negotiable. This is something I'd absolutely love to do, and this is the only set-up I want to do for this rp. I would be so grateful if you happened to feel enthusiastic about this as much as I do.

Simply put, ex-fiancé (my character; MC) x ex-fiancée's (younger/older/fraternal) brother (your character; YC). To elaborate on how this will come to be

Beginning of the CBI outbreak (non-negotiable):
  • MC and YC's sister have dated for several years, recently got engaged. Currently they live in different states.
  • Before the wedding in a few months' time they were going to go on a coast-to-coast road trip around the whole country
  • But the day before the trip, before MC could drive to where YC's sister is to pick her up, the outbreak starts in California where MC is in.
  • Eventually, this outbreak engulfs the entire country and ravages everything in sight.

Main plot (needless to say, flexible, as with most other things):
  • Given the trip would've taken the couple to Seattle first, MC and YC's sister (for her, with YC in tow) separately make their way to Seattle hopefully to find one another.
  • By some miracle, MC and the siblings meet (eg while running away from a horde of runners)
  • But not everyone gets lucky for too long: at some point, for whatever reason(s), YC's sister dies, putting immense strain on the relationship between MC and YC
  • As time goes by however - much to MC's guilt and YC's confusion (and a myriad of other feelings I'm sure) they develop full-blown emotional/physical attractions to one another.

In terms of the actual nature of their relationship, I want it to be a somewhat rough (in the traditional/stereotypical way straight men act around each other) but genuine, strong romantic bond between the two. Main reason for this is because I feel like this isn't how gay relationships are typically presented in an apocalyptic context and I'd be very keen to write a kind of dynamics that, from outside perspective, may not even look like a romantic relationship because of just how starkly it goes against the whole stereotypical gay-men-in-love images.

What will your character be like?

Here is a link to his character sheet, made exclusively for this plot: Mitchell R-J Baek

What kind of roleplayer are you looking for?

Someone who:
➤ Is passionate about discussing possible ideas and scenarios and will try to come up with these throughout the story, not just during pre-RP discussion​
➤ Is passionate about sharing music (which befit the RP) and personalised aesthetics/moodboards and other creative modes of enhancing this experience for both of us​
➤ Can invest time and energy PROPERLY into our story by doing necessary research and ensuring there are no discrepancies between every major detail; I always do research on things I am not sure about, and am constantly trying to come up with ideas, things to tweak, suggest, enhance... and I expect you to do the same in return​
➤ Writes with proper grammar/spelling and describes things in a lovely depth​
➤ Can establish (or open to the idea of establishing) their own side characters to play whenever necessary​
➤ Is open to the inevitable dark/triggering themes​

Anything else I should know?​

Just one thing: I'd prefer not to go over 2000 words and stay within the range of 800-2000 words. This is because I've found that it takes a plot a painful amount of time to actually make some progress if we're always pumping out like 3000+ words per reply. And I think that hard cap is especially appropriate for this prompt since it'll involve a lot of action.

What kind of character are you looking for?

The main male character:
➤ CIS male (his sexuality is entirely up to you)​
➤ Mainly AMERICAN - though I absolutely do not mind if he is, say, half-American and half-German but please make him American one way or another. Because Ellie and Joel are both Americans, I just have a strong preference in this regard. I feel that this would really help replicate and build on the highly atmospheric and US-specific world of TLoU 1&2. I do want it to feel authentic in that sense, if I'm making any sense.​
MUSCULAR physique is required, as would be reasonable to expect from any long-time survivor. But no steroid-induced, ridiculous bodybuilder-like physique.​
➤ Faceclaim MUST BE REALISTIC, however not of anyone too famous and well-known (eg Leonardo DiCaprio)​
➤ Made exclusively for this plot - i.e. single-shipped​

His sister:
➤ CIS female (her sexuality is entirely up to you)​
➤ Mainly AMERICAN - for the same reason above.​
LEAN/TONED physique is required, any prominent muscles are optional (i.e. even if she doesn't seem muscly, she should still be able to exert force and use her strength where necessary to survive). Same deal here, please do not give her an over-exaggeratedly frail body.​
➤ Faceclaim MUST BE REALISTIC, however not of anyone too famous and well-known​
➤ Made exclusively for this plot - i.e. single-shipped​

Final comments​

If you've read this far, thank you for taking the time to read my post. One thing I'd like to let you know is that I'm not as pedantic as my post might suggest - I'm quite friendly once you get to know me a bit. So if you're interested please don't hesitate to hit me up, we'll see how things go from there. =)

And please for the love of god DO NOT approach me with the intention of disappearing after plotting. I've had this happen to me with this prompt way too many times and I'm sick of it. Please.

Last edited:
bump - still very much looking!

bumpy bump bump. happy to talk ideas.

Hey there, I’m down BAAAAAD for DL straight-acting gays and love these types of plots. I’m all about brainstorming together, sharing music, making playlists, mood boards, side characters, and researching the shit out of every one of my posts. I’m down down. I do, however, have a bit of an issue with a part of this plot you mentioned was non-negotiable, but because I’m pretty damn excited about this idea, I thought I might as well shoot my shot and see if you might be willing to change it just a bit.

For some reason, DL dudes who get together after one dude’s sister died doesn’t sit right with me. Any way we can change the type of relationship they have? Maybe if MC and MCS (MC’s sister) are best friends? Feels a little less like crossing a weird line, being DL and then getting down with your sister’s husband. I totally get it if crossing that line is the point, though.

If you’re interested in a writing sample/more about me, feel free to check the “about” section of my profile. Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back