• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Help No alerts for watched threads?

Phadia

Tomato Goddess
I'm not getting alerts for my watched threads, and I keep missing posts. Any clue as to why? Or how I can fix it? Thanks!

The first thing I can suggest is to make sure there are no unread posts in the thread. If there are unread posts in the thread, then you won't be notified of any posts after those unread ones.

If that doesn't seem to be the problem, then please do let us know, as it then becomes something we may need to look into.

Kaerri Kaerri
Checked preferences, and it's set to receive notifications for watched threads.
Watch on create and interact was unchecked, but I manually watched my threads....?

Does manually unwatching/rewatching help at all?

Does manually unwatching/rewatching help at all?
Didn't get the notif for this one. :/

Well, that was weird.... it apparently became unwatched?? I swear I watched it.

I'll try that! I've been getting notifs for one of my threads, so that's nice. I'll see if rewatching helps.

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't automatically watch things? Not that that will fix all issues (the alerts system can be a little buggy sometimes).

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason you don't automatically watch things? Not that that will fix all issues (the alerts system can be a little buggy sometimes).
I don't want to get alerts for everything - only the threads I watch. I'm worried if I set it to automatic, I'm gonna get spammed with everything.

Fair enough! It's supposed to work with manual watching anyway, I was just curious.

Maybe check other threads you haven't been getting alerts on and make sure they're still set to watched? Could be the "watched" thing itself bugged and lost some of your threads.

Fair enough! It's supposed to work with manual watching anyway, I was just curious.

Maybe check other threads you haven't been getting alerts on and make sure they're still set to watched? Could be the "watched" thing itself bugged and lost some of your threads.
Thanks! Will do. Though, I'm curious. If I auto-watch things, can I set it to only watch the posts that I make?

Yes, that's the box for "content I create" (although I think that's all content, including profile posts, but then those may auto-watch anyway..? Not sure, profile posts are weird).

"Content I interact with" is things you reply to.

Wait, nevermind, profile posts are in a different section of checkboxes. Ignore previous comments thereon. XD

Hello, I am having the exact same issue. Its been going on for quite a while. Sometimes I will even be tagged and there is absolutely no record of it anywhere in my notifications. I've tried unwatching and re-watching, and messing with the notification preferences, nothing seems to work. Its getting really difficult to keep threads going as I have to remember to check every single page manually.

Hello, I am having the exact same issue. Its been going on for quite a while. Sometimes I will even be tagged and there is absolutely no record of it anywhere in my notifications. I've tried unwatching and re-watching, and messing with the notification preferences, nothing seems to work. Its getting really difficult to keep threads going as I have to remember to check every single page manually.
This page might help you with that, in the meantime.
https://www.rpnation.com/watched/threads
It's not perfect, but...

Can you resend that please?
This link just takes me to my own watched threads :3
That was the intention, yeah. I figured, if you have to check each thread manually, you might as well have a list of them so it's easier to make sure you got them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back