• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Nine Billion Names

For slightly increased specificity: I change the pronoun I use for them every time I have to refer to him because she's a compulsive shapeshifter, both physically and mentally. Favorite stunt it's pulled so far is dissolving into gas, flowing inside a mimic, and making a meat-puppet (cushion-puppet?) out of the poor thing.

Hello! I'm still reading up on everything, but I love the concept. I'm thinking about a monk from a more prominent rival monastery, one convinced it was mere centuries away from completing a similar list. They have sent a delegate so they can be the first to know when the scrolls are revealed to be inaccurate and inferior work- or, loath as they are to admit the possibility, so they can be the first to know if the scrolls are confirmed accurate and their own work must pivot.

So I am considering it further and I think a different idea will fit better here. I have essentially two ideas.

The first is a damned soul. In life she was a mage, a tyrant, a Witch-Queen who ruled with an iron fist. After the sole person she valued died and she was unable to bring them back, though, her priorities shifted. She wants answers. She will find the Creator and get them. She arranged to take as much power and memory as possible past death, and went to Hell to find her answers.

The second idea is a demon of the circle of Lust, but one with a different sense of obsession than most. She's a psychonaut, fixated on finding more and more intense states of mind. How she reaches them is immaterial - sometimes use of drugs or magic, sometimes simple meditation.

Do either of those fit?

I love both of those but it would be nice to see someone play a non-Demon. We have much fun stuff to discuss about her origin if you got that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back