• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy ~ Nih’s Pot-o-Plots! ~ (detailed/immersive/multi-genre/no prefix)

NihilisticDespair

Psychotic and a little bit deranged ;3
Hello all, you can call me Nih. =3

I am a role-player and writer of many years and am always eager to find new partners to get awesome, new stories going with! My cravings are rather specific as I have quite a few partners already and am now just in the process of filling in gaps with things that have petered off and died (which, FYI, doesn’t bug me just let me know your interest has waned! I can be extremely accommodating and understand completely if a muse has died. I might even offer another RP scenario if our writing clicks but that particular story just didn’t. =) )

~ Things I’m Looking For ~

· Literacy and detail. I’m an immersive writer who likes to feel transported to the place I’m writing about. I do my utmost to describe scenery, weather, wildlife, on-going back-ground events as well as all the character nonsense. My posts can get lengthy due to this so obviously I’m looking for people who either enjoy this style of writing, can emulate it themselves or long to do so. I love helping new writers learn if they truly wish to learn and I myself never speak in absolutes. Writing, like art, is too subjective to do so.

· Adult writers, mainly because...I’m an adult and prefer interacting with other adults. I’m also a HUGE psych-horror buff so adult themes, gory details, insanity, torture, abuse, drug-use, depression, suicide – these are all things I have written and will continue to write. It’s what I love, what can I say?

· Diversity of characters and interests. I have a wide, wide, wide cast of characters I can pull from (that’s what happens when you spend more than 14 years writing, developing and role-playing) and expect a similar level of diversity from my partners. If you’re struggling with this and need help message me anyway! Having been a GM/DM for more years than I care to admit I have all sorts of tips and tricks for helping flesh characters and biographies out. Plus I have an endless slew if ideas, I’m always secretly plotting and designing new character models. lol

· A certain level of activity* and excitement because to me…this reflects your level of interest. If you don’t sound as excited as I do to start the role-play there’s a good chance it will eventually wither and die and I’ll eventually cut it off. I’m not adverse to trying to fix whatever isn’t working but if our styles just don’t mesh, it’s not a huge deal. Not every writing style melds well with another, it’s just luck of the draw, sometimes. As for activity, if you could (*nothing is mandatory) post once every day or even every two or three (or even four…) days I guess I can survive. lol xD – I’ll be more apt to be more forgiving to stories and characters I’ve become truly dedicated to, so never be afraid to message me and ask if activity might be an issue. I’m open to sucking it up if I find another writer I really want to interact with. ;3 (Especially since my health might steal me away for days at a time! GASP! This is a risk when writing with me but I do my best to stay on top of things! I’m more stable these days and role-playing really helps me cope but I can have bad days too, trust me. Thus…I must be forgiving of other people’ schedules despite my want for the RP to move faster. ^-^)

· OOC chatter because I love it. I wanna’ get to know you AND your characters. Our differences, our similarities, everything. The better friends we become the better chance the role-play has of enduring, this has been my experience, anyway. =)

· (If/when applicable; I never demand romance it should occur naturally.) M/M pairings, the occasional M/F and romance which is realistic/believable. I’m not adverse to doing F/F it’s just never turned out well for me. Had a lot of bad experiences with people that just wanted an excuse to rub 8008s together. This is not what I’m after. I’m after deep, psychological experiences, trauma, conflict, eventual healing but NEVER pure smut or fluffy romance (though tender-hearted under-tones may occur on occasion).

· Willingness to help move the story and offer plot ideas because I am NOT GMing this for YOUR benefit. We are telling a cooperative story and each contributing ideas and circumstances to help shape the characters’ paths and the world they exist within. If I start to feel like I’m GMing I will complain. If it happens again the RP might get dropped but I’m open to helping someone out if they’re honestly just having trouble doing so. Like I said, I have plot ideas aplenty.

· People who will bug me if I fall behind! Sometimes I have a nasty habit of reading a role-playing PM and then not responding right away and then forgetting to mark it as unread again…yeah, I know. Stupid. That or I just get an influx suddenly that forces one to get set aside inadvertently – things can happen! Bug me, poke me, throw rocks at me, choke me, taze me – I don’t care! Just remind me I’m being dumb and need to pick up my stupid pace! =D (I have Discord almost specifically for this reason. lol)

· People who won't trouble me with face-claims or pictures in their posts because I'm a writer looking to use my words to paint the picture for you. Using pictures defeats this purpose. However, if you draw your own characters, I fully support this! If you use face-claims for yourself, fine; just don't show them to me unless they're actually drawn and they're actually of your character (not a copy-written one or something from an existing anime/show/book/movie/etc.).

So, if you managed to get through that wall-o-text then you’re ready for the pot-o-plots! ;3

~ Pot-o-Plots ~

1) Wild City – New York City is alive and not just with humans. Werebeasts, shape-shifters, elves, fae, dragons, vampires, golems, gargoyles, demons, angels and anything else you can imagine walk right beside you every day; you probably just never bothered to notice. Well, suddenly your character has been violently thrust into the occult/supernatural and in a way which may very likely get them killed – or worse… Enter MY character (which could be any number of the aforementioned things) who, for whatever reason, is willing to help yours out of the dangerous spot. What they want in return? That’s hard to say. (This could go lots of ways but I’ve always loved this rough scenario!)

2) Anything and Everything – Your character has lived a normal life, had normal expectations and normal goals that they achieved all quite…normally. Unfortunately…just as your character enters the work-force, fresh out of college, set and squared away with their very own apartment…something goes terribly wrong. Unknowingly they’ve moved into a building that houses not only a den of vampires but a coven of demon-worshipers. As eerie things begin to take place around your character’s apartment they feel compelled to investigate as odd noises begin erupting all over the building. Their timid investigation leads them to the basement where a ritual is in the middle of being performed – one you interrupt and abolish by merely being there. In anger the cultists and vampires move to attack but are destroyed in the failed ritual which leaves naught but a demon djinn behind, in need of a master and having none but your character to fill that role. (Figured this could be fun to try.)

3) Cursed and Accursed – Curses are a terrible thing to bear, more so for those whom never deserved them in the first place. Your character suffers from a terrible curse which forces them into hiding from the average person. My character suffers from something similar and continues to seek a cure despite the dwindling sense of faith. Can two helplessly broken characters help salvage one another’s souls despite their own dark limitations? Or will they be consumed by their demons and fall victim to the same fate as so many before them? (I’d prefer this in a medieval-fantasy setting and things may get pretty specific.)

4) Behind Chamber Doors – Two kingdoms on the verge of war reach a tentative agreement due to the fact a third force is soon approaching. Needing to establish a sense of security from the encroaching enemy force the two otherwise unfriendly partners band together but not without stress or struggle. The agreement was made based on a marriage arrangement between the eldest son of the sly gypsy country and the upstanding eldest princess of their posh neighbors. Everything appears to be going well until the gypsy prince realizes, upon his visit to the castle, the woman has a younger brother. A handsome, available younger brother… The gypsies are known for not only being poly-amorous but also non-distinguishing as-per-gender. The gypsy prince soon becomes obsessed with the younger brother, pulling him into a sordid affair which could destroy both families should it come to light. With war looming so close and from an outside source they can’t afford to let anyone discover their torrid romance but find it increasingly difficult to avoid one another the closer it comes to the proposed date. Will the pair be able to pull away from their families and duties or will they be forced to break once the marriage takes place, forced to hide what they truly feel for one another? (Medieval-fantasy, lots of wiggle-room for drama, trauma, war or anything else.)

5) The Perfect Stranger – A young college student floundering in debt finds himself evicted by his very angry landlord after five months of not being able to pay rent. With panic slowly setting in as he gathers his belongings and heads for the streets, he just about crashes to rock bottom when he suddenly meets a handsome stranger. The stranger is charming, concerned for the student and eager to offer his help; even opening his home to the young man in a show of what appeared to be genuine kind-heartedness. This charming demeanor melts almost instantly once the stranger has the student trapped in his home; a tale of horror about to begin from behind the sound-proof walls. (Modern-realistic or modern-fantasy. Heavy psychological themes.)

6) The Summoners of Brudala – Political tensions are on the rise within Brudala, the city of sorcery. Since time immemorial the grand city and its many colleges and guilds have dedicated themselves to the nurturing of summoners; an order of magi capable of bartering with spirits to borrow their power. For generations young summoners (whom often discover they were summoners during early-late child-hood, sometimes as late as early 20s) have been sent to these establishments to help them better control what could be an immensely destructive power. This training serves two goals, one: the ability to control their power and not be dangerous in public and two: to prepare them for a mission bestowed only upon a chosen few. The fires of the Great Shrine have gone out, the land is slowly heading towards decay. While the common folk seem to be mostly unaware of this the magi orders are flailing for solutions. Only summoners can re-light the fires of the magical landmark, using the arcane energy of a beast of flame they bonded with to do so. Problem is…most of the fighting-aged summoners are gone; dead from battle, age or withering and no longer able to fight. This duty must fall onto a group of young summoners and with time running out…they can no longer be picky about their choices. A series of final tests has been devised to help select potential subjects for the extremely dangerous mission. Many wish they wouldn’t have to ask something so grave of summoners so young but there is little that can be done now that the land has begun to die. (Medieval-fantasy adventure.)

7) Digital Degradation – A popular MMORPG has taken the world by storm, selling millions of copies world-wide and attracting a wide gambit of players. The fun, adventurous game-play and cooperative questing made it an instant favorite among socialites and introverts alike, new expansions drawing in even more players and fan-base. But something goes terribly wrong (or perhaps terribly right) and when a strange partition of the game program is lifted, allows arcane access to a user’s mind, transporting their living consciousness to their fictional avatars. Users don’t realize it but this has been a part of the program all along, an effort to trap mortals within the game and feed off of their energies. This electric form of magic is sinister and many have found themselves unable to log out due to the fact they now reside within their character’s fictional bodies. Life seems much the same within the mystical program, the characters suffer from hunger, fatigue, weather and anything else in a normal realm; the only difference is…they’re in a body they designed. Some are bound to quail and long to go home, others might feel it a blessing since their real bodies are broken and useless – so which are you? (Modern-realistic with fantasy themes in-game. This is totally open for doubling/multiples since we could easily have a pair in-game and another pair outside of it investigating why their friends suddenly fell into comas. Heavy .Hack influences here but I think I want the main villainous force to be a cult of demons or something similar; something which would feed off of the mental energies of mortals or maybe even seeking to possess their bodies in the real world.)

That’s all I have right now, folks! Just a few very specific cravings I’d like to try out with some cool, creative people. Don’t be afraid to message me directly and get a dialogue goin’ (or ask me for my Discord tag), I’m pretty friendly and easy to get along with and love to chat OOC. =)

Here’s hopin’! x3

(It probably is worth mentioning I've been gone for almost a year after a catastrophic laptop crash. Back finally and looking forward to getting settled back in (though I'm pretty much there at this point xD).)

-------------------------------------------------------

Other themes/character pairings I’m interested in:

Vampire/Human
Master/Slave
Slave/Slave
Mercenary/Contract Owner
Indentured Servant/Noble
Adventurer/Adventurer
Mage/Bonded Familiar
Unwitting Mortal/Demon
Werecreature/Some other supernatural
Hunter/Vampire or Demon
Creator or Human/Golem
Monster/Human

Pairings need not be romantic but if you desire a romantic angle just say so, I’ll likely agree depending on the characters involved (otherwise I’ll select a character from my repertoire open to romantic themes). =)

Last edited:
Hello!
I think I meet your requirements. I have been writing for a very long time considering my age. Don't stop reading just yet. I am 17 years old, almost 18, and I personally dislike the young adult or 'meaningless' somehow convoluted, sickly-sweet romance that most people my age, that I find, desire to roleplay. I have only been roleplaying for about four years, I started on a site that I'm embarrassed to remember (obsessed with anime and the works, oh boy, I was such a dork) and I don't only roleplay through writing but on tabletop games as well, so I like to think I have some experience there (currently playing in two D&D tables actually).
Not wanting to delve into a life story, or write you a long and possibly boring novel about how I came to find your post (it's probably the same as anyone else) but I do like to think that I am proficient in English and am able to write fluently and average if not above average (because I'm more talented or because the people I go to school with are not as literate, I don't really know). I do make weird errors with commas (as you have probably seen) and I know that there are mistakes there, but I don't know how to fix them. I will try really hard to be good for this though.
Onto the actual roleplay matter, I liked the first idea (Wild City) but I have been very interested in medieval and fantasy politics as of late and I feel like if you wouldn't mind delving into some political mumbo-jumbo than perhaps we could do that one (this is assuming you would like to roleplay with me, which I hope you will consider!) (Behind Chamber Doors) And if you would like to roleplay with me, hopefully we could some sort of noble/peasant relationship with possible creature(monster)/other sort of thing as well. This relationship doesn't have to be romantic but I would like for there to be some form of intense emotion (hatred, guilt, love, passion, repulsion, etc)
Please PM me, or reply and I will PM you so we can settle the details if you would like to continue. If not, then you don't have to reply, I know it can be difficult gauging a reaction while rejecting (not in a mean way) someone, so I will understand.
Thanks, and I hope you consider roleplaying with me.

Hey, you're that kind of fucked-up that I like. Cool.

Less'av'a'looketitall

-----

Hello all, you can call me Nih.

Okay. But I'm still going to have a giggle at your edgy name. :D

-----

Literacy and detail. I’m an immersive writer

Cando indeed. Admittedly, I often neglect one sense or another in any given scene. Usually smell, I believe. Nonetheless, immersive is good. I have a particular fondness for immersive combat scenes, personally. Swords have weight, guns kick against your shoulder as the trigger bites into your finger, dust spews into the back of your mouth and shrapnel scythes across your leg when something explodes nearby - and of course, that lovely concussive battle-haze of tinnitus and adrenaline permeating the whole experience. Mmmm.

-----

Adult writers, mainly

21. In terms of mature topics - I was a psych/philosophy major/minor until I switched, so the "nature of man" is something I'm interested in - particularly in comparison to non-man. Werewolves are a great example. I like playing with the moral judgement and rationalization capabilities of supernatural species - that's always good fun. I have a morally-grey and religiously-devout dryad character in a current campaign whose dopamine receptors respond significantly to acts of violence, so I'm rocking a church-going sadist - which has proven to be a lot of fun.

-----

Diversity of characters and interests

Meh, I may need constructive critique on this one - my characters can be a bit flat at times. I inevitably flesh them out with time, but the bare concepts can be a little basic at times.

-----

A certain level of activity* and excitement

Roleplay plotting is my dope. Shit, a week ago I was awake until 3am plotting all the possible ways my character could trap and fight a demon.

-----

OOC chatter

The banter game shall be way-strong. We can sit around in fancy chairs in fancy suits and talk with fancy words, swirling wine in broad glasses and allocating pretentious words to the scent and flavour.

-----

(If/when applicable; I never demand romance it should occur naturally.) M/M pairings, the occasional M/F and romance which is realistic/believable

I am more than okay with this. If it's a romantic story, give it a gentle nudge and let it happen of its own accord. If it's not a romantic story - well, if it makes sense along the way, no reason to divert away from it. I thoroughly enjoy romance weaved into an otherwise unrelated plot. But yes - no mandatory love. It needs to be a smooth and natural transition ... y'know, unless everyone is really high, or traumatized, or has a dependency complex, or generally just fucked up in some way or another.

-----

Willingness to help move the story and offer plot ideas

FUCK YEAH. WORLDBUILDING. Gonna build some motherfucking worlds. Aw yeah.

-----

People who will bug me if I fall behind!

There will be no mercy.

-----

People who won't trouble me with face-claims or pictures in their posts

Fuckit, I don't like them either.

-----

Wild City

Sounds kinda "White-Wolf" - which is always a good thing. Got a LARP of "Vampire: The Masquerade" going at the moment, but "Changeling: The Lost" was a lot of fun too. Also provides a neat avenue for worldbuilding - there's gotta be plenty of space to fill out a bestiary here.

-----

Anything and Everything

Honestly, this seems a lot like the first one - simply with a more specific pairing. But hey, I liked the first idea - so I'd still be on board with this.

-----

Cursed and Accursed

The phrase "Finding Love in Broken Spaces" comes to mind, but I can't for the life of me think where this came from. That said, I could indeed see it working as a heartwarming "through thick and thin" bromance adventure.

-----

Behind Chamber Doors

This one I'm not so big on - and I wish I could tell you why, but I can't. Something about it just doesn't appeal to me.

-----

From Above

Not too keen as it's presented at face value, but I was a big fan of Eragon as a kid, and that part of me knows that there's potential here for a story I'd enjoy.

-----

Vampire/Human
Master/Slave
Slave/Slave
Mercenary/Contract Owner
Indentured Servant/Noble
Adventurer/Adventurer
Mage/Bonded Familiar
Unwitting Mortal/Demon
Werecreature/Some other supernatural
Hunter/Vampire or Demon
Creator or Human/Golem
Monster/Human

I'm sensing a certain power dynamic here, and I like it. Lately been running through a couple of scenarios recently along the lines of Physical Goddess/War Priest, which have me rather taken. A little bit of "divine bodyguard", a little bit of posturing and toying with one another, and some lovely tangled threads of appropriate devotion, genuine affection and resentment. Y'know - slaying heathens for Her Eminence, both so she will appreciate you, and so that she might finally develop a little bloody respect for you.

-----

But yeah - in summation, I'm keen on the first three of your ideas - and perhaps the last one, if it was tweaked and moulded just right.

Yo, I'm pretty interested in that last plot if you're still looking for partners. Mysterious winged guys eating spoiled food out of a stranger's garbage is my aesthetic.

Honestly, though, I really like the sense of mystery that can be built up and unraveled here. Lots of questions to be answered and possible conspiracies or larger conflicts could be happening in the background.

Also, I like the idea of having a mythological creature who's sort of gross and down-to-earth instead of the kind of idealized creatures I'm used to seeing. I'm down for that. : P

The medieval fantasy setting is just fine, too. I actually prefer it over modern times.

Quick about me: I'm 25, I loooove body horror, I have a degree in writing, I love talking OOC, I don't like faceclaims, I tend to post about once, maybe twice a week, and I also have shitty health problems that flare up occasionally.

Hey there, I'd just like to say that I'm quite intrigued with your post. I'm still an amateur writer for the most part, but by no means a slouch. I really like the last plot and think being the poor creature could be a very fun outlet to practice my writing with you. As for OOC chat, I am all about making friends as well as RP partners and if things seem to go well and you are willing to work with me; I'd be all about some constructive coaching to improve both of our RP experience. Unless of course, you find my writing suitable. Anyway, it would be wonderful working on a story alongside another writer who wants to improve through story telling and not just touch butts. Shoot me a message if you are interested, and I would be more than happy to possibly work on/come up with a different plot as well.

Okay I think I PM'ed everyone and got a dialogue goin' so we should be good to go. ;3 - If you think I missed/forgot you, don't be afraid to PM/poke me directly!

Also, plots 5, 6 and 7 are new. =)

So...bump for updates and my sense of pickiness being heightened? My RP queue is just about maxed out. I will admit, plot 7 is heavy on my mind this minute. xD - I've been dying for something .Hack-esque without it necessarily being .Hack.

Also, even if we already have an RP going, don't be afraid to express interest in another plot. If we're in one story together, makes sense we'd enjoy another one, right? x3 - I prefer writing with people I'm already familiar with but new peeps are just as welcome. <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back