• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Nightshift

Grey

Dialectical Hermeticist
A vanilla Chronicles of Darkness game for three players.
There are pre-written characters available but if you want to take a stab at your own, you can.
The characters are ordinary working folk, mostly young, on the nightshift at a remote gas station in Nevada.
This RP is ideal for beginners to dice or to RPs in general. No prior experience necessary.
No post length limits, all skill levels welcome.
General content warning for graphic violence and strong language.
This is a horror scenario.

----------------------------​
Nightshift.
Shouldn’t technically be legal, this almost-twelve-hour-shift. But the pay is alright. This is a busy stretch of highway, even late at night, and people need gas. Or a sandwich, or whatever. There’s enough of a gap that if one person stays up, the other guy gets a nap. It’s kinda peaceful, really – little island of light, way out in the dark desert. Sometimes it’s almost like there isn’t another living, waking thing for miles. Like you’re all alone in the world, or between worlds.
Not a line of thought you want to pursue – hopefully another customer comes by soon…

Hello! Just dropping in to say that this is really interesting--I'd definitely be up for joining! I've mostly been playing D&D, and I'm new to dice/tabletop roleplaying in general, but I'm definitely willing to learn!

Hello! Just dropping in to say that this is really interesting--I'd definitely be up for joining! I've mostly been playing D&D, and I'm new to dice/tabletop roleplaying in general, but I'm definitely willing to learn!

Great attitude! If you know anyone else around here that might be interested, feel free to tag 'em.
We only need two more players but even that can be a struggle sometimes.

In theory! I will keep you at the top of my list in case anyone pulls out.
In the meantime, would you be tempted by high flying kung fu demon antics?
Good to hear. I know a bit about the Nightshift setting and what it entails, would be really stoked to give it a go.
Kung fu demon antics sounds insane and absolutely fun. Tell me more about it.

I know a bit about the Nightshift setting and what it entails, would be really stoked to give it a go.

Ah, this is actually unrelated but I wrote it about the same time Nightshift the setting was doing the rounds - a friend looked at my notes for this and then linked me, so they're not the most dissimilar. Nightshift is not far off my general style, really.

I have one spot at least left here, if it takes your fancy: Nine Billion Names

Im interested in this too if you end up having another spot open. I've dabbled in dice in person but never on a forum before so there will be a lerning curve for me, but I pick up quickly. I've done regular RP on and off for a few years.

Im interested in this too if you end up having another spot open. I've dabbled in dice in person but never on a forum before so there will be a lerning curve for me, but I pick up quickly. I've done regular RP on and off for a few years.

Good to know! There's enough interest that we can easily refill if anyone drops out and I'm nearly tempted to open a second thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back