• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Nightshade. (IC)

emersyn.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck!”

You would’ve thought Emersyn was robbed with how her dorm looked. Boxes half unpacked, various pieces of clothing hanging out of them. A faux fur coat over the lampshade in the corner, lace and leather covering the room in shades of dark green, red & of course black with the occasional neon pink here and there. Left shoes were missing their right, makeup was strewn across the sheetless bed, spilled out haphazardly to find a single tube of clear lipgloss that wasn’t even there.

The drive that was meant to escape both class and Roman’s unfortunate living situation had gone longer than intended. They had taken the rusted out Camaro that the brunette boy repeatedly claimed didn’t need any work, cruising through the wards of Nightshade and blasting music of every genre once they had passed that haze of confinement. Roman’s hand on Emersyn’s thigh as she sat criss-cross on the cracked leather of the passenger seat, her hand twirling the hair at the back of his head, both tossing their chins back in pure bliss to be singing in the car with one another again. They hadn’t stopped, only for a tank of gas and a tall Red Bull that they would split on the way back, hours spent playfully arguing over what to play next, sticking their tongues out at one another, spirited laughter when one messed up the words. When they had finally rolled back onto campus the sun was threatening to dip below the horizon. Both parties were hoarse, throats dry from what had to have been fifty songs & hair a mess from the windows never daring to be rolled up. Being with Roman was bliss. Whether it was supposed to be or not, Emersyn couldn’t find a reason to care.

Which led her to now. The brunette’s hair done neatly, a slick ponytail with two pieces hanging down to frame her face while she scrambled around the warzone of a room trying to find her outfit. “It’s bright fucking red,” Teeth gritted, she continued to toss clothes and CDs and sheet music, hand bags and posters and trinkets. One top, she was looking for one top, the satin, the red, the-

“HA!”

Triumph exploded the best it could through her tired chords, the bralette peering out from the corner of her room, underneath a pile of black leather and green velvet. Lunging across her bed and nearly falling over, the Hawthorne girl snatched the top up with a wide grin, nose wrinkling at her victory.

“I’ll be ready in like 10 minutes, I promise!”

Lies. She knew it too, with the time it would take to get dressed, finish makeup, perfume herself, take a few pregame shots. 20, maybe. But not ten…

So naturally, 30 minutes later Emersyn finally emerged from the bathroom. Her time though, was well worth the end product.

Thick red eyeliner encased sage green eyes, making them brighter against the stark contrast. Her foundation was light, the freckles that scattered across her nose visible underneath the sheen layer. It was almost enough to bring a sense of innocence to her appearance, but not quite enough. Plump, cherry red lips matched the same hue around her eyes and the top that barely covered what it was supposed to. Cropped to lay just two inches below the line of her chest, cut into a deep plunging V, the smooth crimson satin was bright against blemishless pale skin. Black pants of the same material sat high on her waist, showing off curves that the town of Pine Creek should’ve known well by now, showing off a toned stomach whose soft musculature came from the occasional gym session, showing off a woman whose confidence out-stood her petite height. Finally, red leather boots, underneath the pants, that went up to her knees, tight against her calves with a small heel. A charm with a silver ‘E’ hung from the zippers, each having a faux diamond.

Emersyn looked good, and she didn’t need anyone to tell her so.

Snatching a black leather bomber jacket that hung from the corner of her open door, she turned to Keaton who was perched on the couch, phone in hand, thumb scrolling steadily. His mop of curls was effortlessly messy in the best way, and she took a moment to ponder how men got so lucky to rarely ever had to take time to do their hair. It was always just perfect? Unfair. “Ready to go?” She beamed, quickly shrugging her shoulders up and down, smoothing down her ponytail to fall neatly over her left shoulder. “It’s gonna be a blast, you can meet all my friends and I can properly introduce you to Roman! He’ll probably be around a lot, we’re-”

No they weren’t… right?

“We were,” Emersyn was sure to enunciate her correction, somehow believing it would stick better in her brain that way. “A thing, but we’re good friends now. He’s a great guy, you’ll love him.”

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

cora.

• mood

happy

Cora awoke with a gasp, a hand thrown over her throat, cold sweat sliding down her face and pooling in the hollow between her mouth and chin. She’d had the nightmare before—that she lay in a shallow grave, while everyone she’d ever loved came with a shovel to throw dirt on her. No one noticed that she was still screaming when they buried her alive.

Nauseated, Cora wrapped her arms around her knees. She breathed—in and out, in and out—and tilted her head, her sharp kneecaps pushing against her cheekbone. She hadn’t meant to fall asleep, but her half finished homework lay on the bed besides her, and she blinked some of the sleep out of her eyes so she could see the time on her phone screen.

7:03.

Fuck. The party started in a few hours and she hadn’t even begun getting ready.

She slid out of bed, without bothering to make it again, and strode the her and Eve’s shared balcony, throwing open the glass French doors and stepping outside.

The trees that dotted the school grounds were gold and brown, and varying hues of red and yellow, half of the leaves already dead on the earth. The first indication that fall was upon them. Cora leaned out over the rail, and waved at the people milling about below her.

She found it easier to breath as the crisp Irish air filled her lungs, the wind cold but not unbearable, wicking away the sweat that lingered from her nightmare. She’d be crazy not to bring a jacket to the party, however, she noted as a particularly icy gust tore through her.

She needed to get ready.

Evelyn, her roommate, was also in the process of getting herself together for the party. The raven haired beauty was sitting on her bed, carefully applying blood red lipstick.

“You look pretty,” Cora told her, offering the tattooed girl a smile. She was willing to bet Eve at least, had her outfit ready as well.

Cora was a mess.

She headed to her closet, and begun the painstakingly long process of choosing an outfit. This dress was too long and that one much too revealing. Sure, the purple one was nice but it was fall and it would totally wash her out.

After about half an hour of fruitless digging and a mess later, she finally settled on a white corset style bralette and a brown, multi hued skirt that she was sure to freeze in.

Her ass looked killer though.

A sweep of blush and some mascara later, and Cora stood before her mirrored closet doors, smiling at her reflection. She watched as her hands drifted upwards to touch the end of a single loose blonde curl, before a ding from her phone sounded from across the room.

Her smile only grew as she read the text from Eli. While she and Ezra had been dating, Eli had come along on most of their outings and dates, as he was her ex’s best friend. He often filled the long silences on miserable dates while the eldest Hearthstone was usually brooding and preoccupied with some family affair.

So yes, she certainly would save a drink for him, and her fingers moved to tell him so as she made her way out the door with a quick goodbye to Eve.

Cora could have driven she supposed, as the forested location of the party was about a half mile from campus, but she ultimately decided that her forest green VW bug could stay in the student parking lot.

Some fresh air would do her good, anyways.

About fifteen minutes later, she arrived at the pine-bordered trailhead, the sound of music and her peers talking a almost imperceptible buzz in the distance.

Her teeth were already chattering as she made her way down the dark, leaf littered trail towards the sound of the festivities, praying she wouldn’t get lost.

Especially since she’d forgotten her jacket.

Maybe that drink with Eli would warm her up a bit. She tugged her phone out of the small bag she’d brought with her, wincing at the sudden brightness as she reached the party area.

How she’d find him in this crowd she didn’t know, but hopefully she’d find a drink along the way.

Just made it to the party! It’s freeezing out here. Wya?

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Esmeralda Hearthstone

• mood

worried

Esmerlada was so focused on ignoring Keaton’s presence. She had somehow drowned out the class and only now realized that a string of freshmen entered the room. Mrs. Jacobs had her hands behind her back as she walked around the classroom. Gesturing towards Keaton and explaining his seniority should be shown off with the simplest spell.

The same exact spell she had trouble with last year.

Her mouth suddenly became dry. Esmeralda had practiced the spell over and over during break before delving into more powerful ones– she’d never want to be put in the same position again. “Levare,” Keaton said and Esme watched silently as his own feather lifted up into the air. The freshman class had scattered applause. “Miss Hearthstone. You're up next."

She swallowed.

Keaton’s voice beside her dropped to a whisper.

"You know you had a point about exes not conversating anymore. Good thing that we won't be exes for long."

Her jaw clenched but she didn’t make a move to look over at him. “You’re delusional.” She said, sitting up straighter and pointedly fixing her gaze on the desk in front of them.

“Esme?” Mrs. Jacobs started, “whenever you’re ready.” Taking a few steps back to distance herself from Esme– not that the brunette blamed her. At least she pulled off shorter hair.

Some might say Esme did her a favor. (Some as in just Esmeralda.) "I know platitudes aren't your thing so I'll offer you something else. Assurance. I wasn't here last time but I'm here now and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon."

“You weren’t here because you skipped, why not go the extra mile and drop out.” She spat back. Mrs. Jacobs cleared her throat impatiently and Esme took that as a sign to hurry the process along.

A conversation that was happening amongst the observers caught her attention. “What’s taking so long?”

“It’s her third year attempting this spell. We know how this goes.” Wyatt Locke was the son of a powerful secular, one whose bloodline dated back to one of the first founders of the school, his ego inflated every year, much to Esme’s dismay. “She fails and we move on.” The older boy laughed, nudging his classmate beside him.

A feeling that could only be compared to fire settled in her chest and a bitter taste in her mouth had formed. “Levare,” Esmeralda said, the feather didn’t move an inch and she took a sharp breath in annoyance. Sputtered laughter and hushed whispers behind her. “Mr. Locke.” Mrs. Jacobs warned, resulting in Wyatt Locke’s silence. Keaton’s mumbles of encouragement didn’t go unnoticed but another voice had her attention.

Breathe.

Esmeralda took a deep breath clenching and unclenching her fists. “Try again, Esme.” Mrs. Jacobs encouraged and she nodded in response.

Tune them out.

They’re laughing because they don’t know what you’re capable of.

Some tension relaxed in her shoulders and Esme focused on the feather in front of her. The doubt in her mind was clouded by something she couldn’t explain. Most of the sounds around her suddenly disappeared– the only voice she heard was her own;

“Levare.” Esmeralda repeated for a second time today and third year in a row– another silence sat settled in the classroom but for an entirely different reason than before.

A relief of breath was released through her nose when the feather had slowly begun to lift into the air and flashes of white around the classroom caught her eye. Esme tore her gaze away to glance around her.

Her eyes widened at the sight of numerous feathers that were levitating around the classroom. Slowly making their way up towards the ceiling. Mrs. Jacobs’s expression was unreadable. “Looks like I was right. You just needed time.” She said, a thinned smile that surprisingly seemed genuine.

The underclassmen applauded and Wyatt Locke was satisfyingly silent, a singular feather landing on his shoulder and Esme watched as they continued to fall sporadically.

She glanced over at Keaton who was already glancing back. They locked eyes and Esmeralda was unable to suppress the smile that spread across her lips.

“Good job, Esme. I believe that was enough of a demonstration, yes? Before we continue, Headmaster Cartwright is urging anyone who knows anything about the disappearance of The Pericardium to come forward…”

_

They were the last two to leave. Mrs. Jacobs had ordered them to clean up the mess of scattered feathers around the classroom while she ate her lunch. Normally– Esme would’ve been upset at that but she was in far too good of a mood.

As soon as they walked out the door with a subtle yet noticeable bounce to her step. Esme broke into a fit of joyous laughter. “Did you see that?!” The halls were mostly empty as most students were getting to their next class or enjoying their freetime elsewhere.

It was rare for the brunette to feel victorious– of course, she’d succeeded in many spells after she had gained control of her magic. But this was the first time others had witnessed it.

And it was… everything she expected it’d be.

“That was– I was–”

“Amazing.”

Their gazes met once again and he smiled. Her heart involuntarily skipping one-too-many beats at the sight of it. Esme found herself speaking before she could even process what she was saying.

"... Did you maybe want to…”

A familiar blonde walked up to the pair, a mischievous smile plastered onto her lips. “Iggy,” She greeted Keaton and it had the brunette hold back a grimace at the nickname.

Esme often questioned where his mother’s mind was when he was given the middle name “Ignatius” It was as if his family prayed for his downfall enough to participate in it. “Esme! Word spread about your little show-off in class. I knew you would have succeeded in something eventually–”

“We’re kind of in the middle of something, so…” Esme gave her a once-over. Her gaze lingering on the lack of jewelry Aspen definitely had something to do with. “Sure you have! Keaton told me all about you. Well… nothing I don’t already know, obviously.” The blonde tapped her forehead with two fingers. Esme’s eyes narrowed at her silently waiting for Dana to take her leave.

But she didn’t.

“So, I’m actually glad I caught you, I was reading something about episodic magic? It’s kind of when you have this crazy build up and–”

Esme glanced over at Keaton and annoyance was written across her features. Chewing on the inside of her lip while Dana rambled.

“Anyway, it reminded me of you. Iggy and I were actually talking one night about your little issue and–”

“You were, huh?” Before Keaton had the chance to explain himself Esmeralda had taken Dana’s words in a certain light.

“You shouldn’t put yourself through so much trouble,” Esme said, “As Keaton’s put it before it’s not anyone’s fault my magic sucks— or… sucked I guess I should say. Past-tense and all.”

“Your boyfriend just wanted to help— oh, I meant ex-boyfriend. Past tense and all.”

“Yeah,” Esme said, looking over at Keaton with a mixture of anger and disappointment. “Thanks for reminding me. Oh, Dana?"

The cheerleader sweetly smiled.

“Good luck at tryouts."

_

She stared back at her reflection in the mirror. The running water provided little noise and the silhouette of a shadow leaned on the wall behind her.

Don’t tell me you feel guilty.

“She wasn’t supposed to get seriously hurt.”

Esmeralda and Aspen had succeeded in their plan to ruin tryouts for Dana. He stole her anklet hours earlier and Esmeralda skipped lunch to hide under the bleachers, using her newfound abilities to make Dana lose her balance on the pyramid.

The idea was to bruise her ego— not count her out of cheerleading for the entire semester.

She’s fine.

“Ankle is fractured, I heard.” She didn’t know for sure— but Esme would be surprised if she didn’t show up to the party in crutches.

The small ways she lives to get under your skin. The way she underestimates you.

She deserved it.

The sound of something cluttering to the floor outside the door had the shadow disappear and Esmeralda turned off the water, exiting the bathroom to see Des in the minimal clothing she’d chosen to attend the party in.

The party that Esme made a point not to attend after promising her older brother she wouldn’t engage in any more “trouble” for the next week.

Usually she wouldn’t listen— but a deal was a deal, even if his side of it was poorly executed. Most things Ezra did was poorly executed if Esme was being honest. “You’ll freeze in that.” She stated, her gaze giving her roommate a once-over for emphasis.

Desirae Mayfield had been assigned as her roommate— both shifter and werewolf. Two of the things Esme wasn’t particularly a fan of.

Dana had gotten the single dorm this year which Esmeralda had consistently complained about for the better part of the week. And she knew putting in a request wasn't going to get her anywhere.

Des’s side of the room was adjourned with posters, mixtures of black and white and a tapestry that was hung up near her bed. She must’ve moved in days earlier whereas Esme’s was much less cluttered and decorated due to settling in this morning. Hints of red were a contrast to beige and blacks, various books laid around ranging from fiction to fact and she chose one at random before taking a seat on her bed, her back against the wall.

“Though, I suppose the less clothing the better for you, right? If the sudden need to roll in mud arises— at least you won’t ruin much when you shift.”

Esme's brows furrowed and the book fell onto her lap. “Should I leave out a bowl of water for you too? Maybe some newspapers? Door unlocked or locked? I guess you could just whine and paw at the door...”

Bottom of the barrel, remember?

They never interacted unless they were forced to in class. The only things Esme knew about her was her forced engagement to Axel Jericho, another messy and insufferable werewolf— and her curiosity of charms.

She hadn’t pegged her for the magic type— most werewolves opt out altogether, so it caught Esme’s attention pretty early on.

“Don’t forget your leash and collar, hydrate before you drink, I wouldn’t want to pick you up from the pound.” Esme pouted and the door slammed closed.

A few seconds passed and she watched the door.

She threw the book aside and climbed off of her bed only to reach under it. To the naked eye— there was nothing visible under her bed. Just old-stained wood and a dust bunny or two. It was a cloaking spell she learned a few months ago, one that kept her mother’s curiosity at bay back home. Esme pulled out a heavy leather-like tomb and sat it on her desk. Already flipping through the pages.

She'd had translated some of it already, but what she didn’t understand was explained to her. “Elevahra?” She questioned, running a hand over the drawn sigils and rough words she didn’t entirely understand

It’s a more advanced and stronger incantation of a spell similar to necromancy.

“Yeah, no thanks. I’m not messing with life and death.”

Similar to necromancy. It works with souls who have already passed.

“And? Is the point of it to bring them back or communicate?”

Bringing someone back to life depends on how recently they’ve died— we’re communicating right now.

“Sure, but you still haven’t elaborated on why that is? Did the ritual have something to do with—” Esme turned a page and froze when that exact spell was missing.

Where is it.

“You ask the question as if you’re expecting me to have an answer.” Esme shut the tomb and slipped it into a crossbody bag— one that wasn’t hers. (Thanks Des.)

Find it.

“What do you think I’m doing? Going out for a stroll? The only place I could think of is where we’d done the ritual."

We?

__

A bonfire surrounded by a bunch of trees didn’t seem like a good idea. But thanks to modern magic, whoever had the stupid idea in the first place was smart enough to get the seculars to do their dirty work.

Esmeralda wasn’t here for a good time. To be completely honest— spending the night drinking at a shifter party didn’t sound too exciting. There was only one person she enjoyed the parties with; but she’d never admit that to his face.

A red solo cup was held out to her and Esme grimaced at the boy with disgust, brushing past him and beelining towards Aspen. He didn’t have many friends besides Axel. Not that Esme minded, it was much easier to talk to Aspen without his pet lying around.

She took him by the arm and dragged him away from the crowd.

“The page.”

Aspen seemed puzzled and she rolled her eyes with a click of her tongue. “It’s missing.” She said, opening the bag halfway and showing him the tomb.

“I thought you put it back after the ritual?” In his defense, nothing really happened so he must’ve assumed it was garbage. Esme did too at first.

She lowered her voice even further; “Aspen, if anyone finds that and somehow tracks it back to us—“

“We could get expelled.”

spit in my face!

ThsSoMch

♡coded by uxie♡

shiloh.

• mood

so excited omg

Even beyond the blank darkness, Shiloh could make out the faint glow of the bathroom light on the other side of her eyelids, lashes fluttering as she fought to keep still despite the tickle of the liner pencil as it traced along her skin. When the warmth of Khalani’s hand no longer lingered near her cheek, Shiloh cautiously peeked open an eye to ensure she wouldn’t hinder her friend’s work, then the other followed, blinking to readjust to the brighter atmosphere. At last, they settled on Khal, glimmering hopefully as she searched the older girl’s face for approval. It was Shiloh’s first party—aside from business-oriented dinner parties and half-hearted birthdays, she hadn’t had much experience with such things, and she wanted to make a good impression. She was excited, to say the least.

Shiloh giggled. “Oh, stop,” she said, ducking her head shyly under Khalani’s praise as the raven-haired girl pushed one of her curls back. You’re beautiful, bias or not.” To the Ward girl, it was an indisputable fact—Khal had a certain grace and elegance to her that Shiloh could only dream of one day possessing. Maybe she was as pretty as the older girl claimed, but she still felt as awkward as ever.

At Khalani’s encouraging nudge, Shiloh swiveled to face the mirror. She barely managed to suppress the gasp that threatened to escape her when she was met with her reflection, a foreign version of herself she’d yet to see. The brunette looked more mature than she ever had—gone were the soft pastels that her mother insisted were fitting for a sweet girl like her, and in their place was a tight-fitting black dress courtesy of Emersyn Hawthorne that Shiloh was sure Meredith would have more than a few words to say in regards to. Malachi likely would too, but Khalani would be there to keep him at bay—hopefully.

Shiloh’s fingers fiddled with the end of one of her curls—made to be more uniform with Khal’s help—as her gaze flitted across her appearance one final time, head tilting to the side as a small smile embellished her lips.

She could get used to this.

Taking note of Khalani’s own self-inspection, a less-than-satisfied expression on her face, Shiloh reached over and gave her arm a reassuring squeeze. “You look good—better than good. I promise.”

Shiloh let out a laugh at Khalani’s snarky remark about Kai as she passed through the open doorway, but her giddiness diminished a bit at Malachi’s reaction to seeing her ensemble for the first time. He stuttered, eyes wide in disbelief as if he couldn’t comprehend what he was seeing.

Here it comes, Shiloh told herself, bracing for a chiding, but Khalani was quick to come to her defense, as expected, and the youngest Ward exhaled almost imperceptibly in relief, tense shoulders dropping as she sent a grateful look to Khal, who stood behind her, leaning against the wall just outside of the bathroom.

“Oh! Right.” Shiloh crossed the space to her bedroom, rifling through the clothes she’d managed to put away in the time between the end of her classes and Khalani’s arrival at their dorm to get ready for the party. At last, she produced a denim jacket from where it hung towards the back of her closet. It didn’t match the outfit—it was much too light of a wash—but it was long enough to appease her brother and keep her warm, and it wasn’t as if she had a vast selection to choose from anyway.

After stuffing her feet into a pair of black high tops—one of the only dark articles of clothing she’d owned prior to Emersyn’s gift—Shiloh at last rejoined Malachi and Khalani. “Ready?” she asked, bouncing on the balls of her feet.

elevator

blu detiger

♡coded by uxie♡

elliot.

• mood

content

The promise of an approaching winter crunched under the heels of Eli’s chucks as he neared the edge of the forest. Hands fitted into the pockets of his jacket to escape the biting of chilled air, he stood at the trailhead and took a deep breath, enjoying these last fleeting moments of being able to hear his own thoughts.

Lights were filtering through the dense canopy of oaks & pines, a deep orange from the roaring bonfire that the brit could only guess was bigger than needed. His feet began leading him closer and closer to where the music started, first as a light hum but growing louder with every step. The chittering of students rose to a substantial buzz as he finally broke into the center of it all, tossing a smile here and there to others that acknowledged him with a nod or wave. Eli was no stranger to parties, being out and about, socializing with the extremely small group he held. But there was still something that rolled in his stomach, nerves or butterflies or a god damn rock, he couldn’t tell you. Though he knew that if tradition held, it would fade as soon as alcohol steadily flowed into his bloodstream.

The metal of a few kegs reflected off of the massive fire and pulled the brunette’s attention first. He strode easily across the clearing, passing the band that was setting up various speakers & equipment and it took every ounce of effort for Eli to not roll his eyes. That band, headed by the infamous manwhore and a super senior who just couldn’t seem to get it together. Truly, Eli didn’t have anything against Axel. He seemed nice enough, just a little… light in the head. Perhaps that was part of what made him & Liv such a perfect match for one another. Roman, on the other hand… something about the sight singer felt like a thorn in Eli’s side. Maybe it was his misplaced arrogance, or that Hawthorne girl that seemed to be permanently glued to his side, drunkenly stumbling over their words as if they shared a braincell once intoxication got a hold them. Either way, the only identifier that Eli could think of when Roman’s name was brought up was ‘sleazy’.

The fire against his back beat down a much welcomed warmth, finally reaching a folding table that held an impressive bar for a bunch of high school students. Whiskey, rum, vodka of all kinds, strewn across the table with some lidded, others missing their tops. Various juices, some with labels and the scarier ones without, offered a more pleasant drinking experience but promised a much worse hangover. Eli plucked a red Solo from the stack and poured maybe two ounces of a cheap, plastic bottle whiskey into it. The brown liquid swirled in the cup, the stench of it wafting easily up into the brunette’s nose and making it crinkle upon contact. Tilting his head to the side and hearing a small crack of tension release in his neck, he quickly fit the cup to his lips and knocked back the whiskey, feeling the slight burn slide down his throat. Sucking his teeth, Eli moved to the keg that was set on the ground beside the table, pulling the sticky tap into his hand and filling his cup to the top. One sip, two, and that rock already felt a bit smaller. Not because he lacked any sort of tolerance, but that placebo of having a drink in your system sure did do wonders.

A ding on his phone interrupted his silent prayers of thanks for whomever the fuck decided that the legal age to purchase in Ireland was 18. Turning to face the flames that seemed to grow ever taller, leaning back against the unsteady table of liquor, Eli scanned the forest of people before him. And honey brown eyes landed on the reason for his incoming text before he could pull out his phone to see it.

God, she was beautiful.

To his joy, Eli’s hands didn’t instantly start sweating as he took in the sight of Cora coming through the brush, her blonde hair in an easy curl, her figure outlined with stark white and easy browns. She stood alone, her side to him with arms crossed over her chest. How she wasn’t freezing was beyond Eli in that moment. And though he was thankful for the lack of moisture in his hands, the red film that set heat onto the back of his neck certainly wasn’t from the fire.

Quick thinking had a fresh cup in hand, dumping in coconut rum to fill a third of the cup and pineapple juice to top it off. Setting down the mixed drink he had made up with a slight shake in his hands, Eli took in a weighted breath, feeling a few of his curls fall into his face. Didn’t matter. Did it? No. Taking a few steps back, he made his way quietly over to Cora, whose eyes were searching for someone she knew. A pineapple & rum in one hand, his beer in the other, it was an effort to make his steps as quiet as possible. Though he managed, taking two more steps before he was stood behind her. His even six foot figure stood broad behind her five foot nothing. It was always a wonder to him, how she managed to pack such a quiet power within her delicate frame, perhaps it was also just another thing that drew the shade to her.

Eli took her cup by the rim & reached it around in front of her, a smirk easy on his lips as the smell of citrus & lemongrass flooded over his senses, nearing her so that his chest laid only maybe a foot from his back. He was respectful in her space, but as close as a friend could get away with.

“Gracing us with your presence again?” Eli’s voice was cool and collected, perhaps deepened so it didn't rise with his climbing excitement, unlike his heart that had an irregular thud that he couldn’t wrangle. At that moment in time, he couldn't find much else that mattered besides what was right in front of him.

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

charlotte.

• mood

nervous & excited

Moving to Pine Creek and starting at a new school was the best thing to ever happen to Charlotte. For one, all of her life she had come last and everyone overlooked her. Secondly, she'd be able to be way more different now than she used to be. Especially since starting at Nightshade, she finally felt noticed. She was getting the attention she used to crave so badly before and it was refreshing to her. It made her feel good and overall happy, mostly because cute guys were now noticing her more. Going to a school where all the girls are so pretty like Esmeralda Hearthstone or even her roommate Andromeda Hirose, it was shocking to her that someone as handsome as Cooper Bailey chose to ask her to join him at the party in the woods tonight. Speaking of the party, she was uneasy to know it'd be somewhere where a student got murdered but she didn't let it bother her. Charlotte liked the feeling she got from not knowing if she was going to die or not.

Charlotte sat in front of her vanity with a variety of different makeup and skincare products laid out. She had already done her skincare routine and decided to go light with her makeup. She leaned in close to her mirror and applied her lipgloss with a steady hand. Capping her gloss, she smacked her lips and sat back in her chair. She hummed to Lana Del Rey singing out of her speaker as she applied her falsies and mascara. Just to do her face took her thirty minutes but she was hoping to get dressed faster so she didn't keep Cooper waiting. Charlotte grabbed her curling iron and curled the last pieces of her straightened hair, stopping every few seconds to make sure her curls looked the way she wanted them to. She wanted to make sure she looked really good for this party since she couldn't even remember when she last attended a party. Standing up from her chair, she packed away all of her products and curling iron to change into her outfit. Walking past her beautiful roommate, Andromeda, stopping next to her and basking in her beauty. "You look so gorgeous, babes. We are going to be like the hottest ones at this party." Charlotte smiled and winked. Turning on her heel, she walked off to her closet to find what she'd be wearing.

Charlotte moved hanger after hanger to the side, not satisfied with her clothing. Not that there was anything wrong with it, she just wasn't sure what would be the best option for her. And she wanted to dress to impress not only everyone at the party but also wanted to impress Cooper specifically. Now, Charlotte knew he only asked her to go with him to this party as a friend but a girl can crush a little bit, right? She didn't want to get too ahead of herself and accidentally fall in love with him because she didn't want to embarrass herself. She didn't know if she was even his type or if he was even slightly interested in her. After ten minutes of searching through her closet, she finally found the perfect outfit. A white cropped halter top, black leather pants, and black heels. She slipped the outfit on and grabbed her purse. Opening it up, she slipped her gloss, lash glue, and a few other necessities to get her through the night. Before leaving, she remembered to put protective caps on her heels to stop them from sinking into the ground. Charlotte spritzed on some perfume and pulled her phone out. She clicked Cooper's contact and typed out a message to send to him.

Hey, I just finished getting ready. I'll be waiting in my dorm for you to arrive. See you soon.

She hit send and sat on the couch, waiting patiently for a knock on the door from Cooper.

young and beautiful

Lana Del Rey

♡coded by uxie♡

evelyn.

• mood

excited

Evelyn was adjusting fairly well at Nightshade. It was very different than what she was used to. Her old school was nothing like it but she was happy nonetheless. She already made a few friends, the closest one being her roommate, Cora Bentley, and also Desirae Mayfield and Rae Hawthorne. They were really good people and she was glad to be able to call them friends. But if you are going to have friends, enemies will also come. She really didn't like to call them enemies but that was the best way to put them. And they became her enemies over the dumbest stuff ever. Mostly because they would bad mouth her friends and she did not like that. Even if it wasn't her place, she felt the need to defend them. It was not cool at all and she wasn't going to let it happen no matter how capable the person is to defend their own selves from shit talkers. It's the way Eve was raised and she wasn't going to change. She even developed a few crushes as well. Keaton Calum was on of them. He was cute and all but she knew he was the property of other girls at school and it was territory she wouldn't dare cross into without body armor.

Evelyn was sitting on her bed, holding a mirror and blood-red lipstick, carefully applying the product to her lips. Her roommate, Cora, walked past her looking a bit dead. She knew the blonde was sleeping but she didn't want to wake her from her sleep. Cora complimented her and Eve smiled, "Thank you, lovely. Ready to see you stun as well." Eve capped her lipstick and stood up from her bed. She was in a black robe and slippers. Her face already beat with foundation, blush, eyeliner, and mascara. She was looking to maybe catch the eyes of someone handsome tonight, maybe Keaton but she didn't want to get her hopes up too high. She would be hanging out with Rae and Keaton tonight though so she put in the extra effort. Placing her lipstick in a beauty bag and sticking it in a drawer, Eve walked over to her closet and started going through her options. She wanted something to match her lips and overall look so she reached for a red strapless lace bustier top, black jeans, and black combat boots. She also grabbed a belt to add a bit of silver to the pants. Whilst stripping out of her robe and into her robe, she heard Cora tell her goodbye and Eve yelled a 'goodbye' back. She finished changing and walked over to her mirror to check herself out.

The outfit looked amazing, her hair looked gorgeous, and her face was beat to the Gods. But she was missing something. Walking over to her dresser, she looked at her jewelry stand and pulled out three silver necklaces with a rose, snake, and skull pendant on each of them. She layered the necklaces around her neck and slipped on a skull ring and a ring that wrapped around her finger in the shape of a snake. Now her look was complete. She tidied up her room a bit and that's when she noticed her spellbook laying on the floor. She walked over and picked it up, scanning the cover of the book. Its human skin cover and serpent glowed lightly while in her hands and she traced the serpent with her fingertip. Eve walked over to her dresser, opened the bottom drawer, and placed the book inside. She waved her hand over the handle and muttered a spell, "Phasmatos siprum, emnis abortum, fasila quisa exilum san." A locking spell for extra protection even though Evelyn knew no one would even be able to open the book without her permission. She just wanted to be extra careful. Eve spritzed on some perfume and grabbed her phone. She opened her messages and clicked Rae's contact to send her a message.

Hey, I just finished getting ready. I'm heading to your dorm now, see you in a minute.

Evelyn hit send and pocketed her phone. She turned the lights off in the dorm, exited through the door, and locked it. She made her way down the hall and all the way to Rae's dorm.

genesis

GRIMES

♡coded by uxie♡

malachi.

• mood

happy

It was taking Khalani and his sister ages to get ready, and at this point, Kai was certain he was going to pass away from boredom. It had taken him all of ten minutes to get ready—throwing in a pair of black jeans, a tight fitting shirt and a black jacket wasn’t all that much of a process and it wasn’t often that he did anything with his hair—and now he lay idly on the end of his bed, legs hanging off.

While he had no time for parties, with the workload his mother had for him looming and needy undergraduates setting off his phone in an incessant stream, Shiloh was looking forward to her first real party and he figured he’d keep an eye on her. His and Khal’s goal was to ensure that his innocent younger sister didn’t immediately fall into the clutches of the wrong people—Esmeralda Hearthstone being his biggest concern despite his best friend’s attachment to her.

Regardless, he was getting tired of waiting and a yawn slipped from him, sleep beckoning. He’d been having trouble sleeping as of late, and the he was just now relaxing for the first time since his arrival at Nightshade. He’d have to rally for the party, but for now, he’d just close his eyes for a moment…

The bathroom door swung open, startling him from his half asleep stupor and having him standing up, suddenly at attention with a sheepish grin on his face. Kai eyes moved to sweep over Shiloh, who…was the spitting image of their mother.

He blinked, shock leaving him speechless for a moment before he could complain about the ridiculously revealing dress Emersyn had loaned her. Khal’s next statement also silenced him, once he’d quieted the pride he felt in his chest.

“She does,” Kai agreed smoothly, reaching out to tug at one of Shiloh’s curls. “You look lovely, Shi,” he said, this time meeting his sister’s eyes. “You’ll have some poor soul falling head over heels for sure, we’ll have to be careful,” he added, with a wink.

And then, he was unable to keep the side of him that was a big brother before anything else quiet…

“Are you sure you won’t be cold? Shouldn’t you bring a jacket?” He asked, brown furrowing in concern before he shifted his attention to Khalani, who looked out together and pretty as ever in a simple, off the shoulder black sweater and jeans, certainly a smart choice for the weather.

She echoed his sentiment about the jacket and as Shiloh went off in search of one, he shot his childhood friend a look. One that conveyed just how displeased his kid sister would be out in the woods in the middle of the night in little more than a tablecloth.

He grinned. “I do not look like a bouncer,” he sighed, stifling a yawn with one hand and flicking her in the nose with the other. “I look like I’m going to hang out in the middle of the off-limit woods for a few hours even though I know our mother will filet me if she finds out.”

He fell quiet for a minute, ensuring his sister was out of earshot before adding:

“And I won’t say anything to her, but I hate the dress and I certainly will be thinking it,” he grumbled, moving towards the door.

“Are you ready, Shi?” He called out of the entrance to his room, tapping at the doorframe with a tanned, inked hand.

Nothing could possibly go wrong, right?

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

andromeda.

• mood

slighty tipsy, wired

As the sun dipped into grassy hills, there she was perched atop a pouf, the cushioning a fluffy pale pink, much like the pastel colored wall and decorations on her side of the dorm. Andromeda Hirose wore her long hair in tight ringlets the color of dark oak; draping over her shoulders, silk curls falling to the middle of her back. Starlit blue eyes glimmered, big and almond shaped, sharp as a dagger. Piano notes filled the room, seeming to have a mystic echo, amplifying the voice of Lana Del Rey, as National Anthem began to play.

Money is the anthem of success. So before we go out, what's your address?

This was her senior year.

She sat in front of an ivory french vanity, a trio of perfect reflections staring back at her, as she meticulously applied nude gloss; slowly, she dragged the swatch over plump lips. This was the finishing touch. On her eyelids was a light eyeshadow, with a blue hue that seemed to shimmer in the light, the inner corners of her eyes were highlighted in an angelic white, and she had placed rhinestones in the form of a sharp cat's eye outlining the liner. All the while, a sculpture of The Crouching Venus, stuck indefinitely in the position of covering her breasts and staring incredulously at the onlooker. To Andromeda, it looked like she was being judged by the goddess.

It only took a matter of days for a lightbulb to strike someone, and the next rager was born—or the lamest thing you'd ever attend. Everyone knew she never missed a party, partially due to the strong obligation she had to make an appearance. She knew she could not leave the population on campus hanging, after all, what fun was any party without her? And tonight was going to be killer, she could feel it deep in her bones. Andromeda considered if the feeling came from the sun descending; with every second that passed she could feel that, too. Sensations tingled on her light beige skin, a familiar rush like a breath of heavenly air. She felt more attuned to her surroundings when the moon hung in the sky, even when she could not be outside.

The sheer light blue curtains surrounding the window blew in the wind, and as a gust whirled inside the dorm room, a chill crept up her spine. Andromeda twisted the lip gloss closed, placing it on a flat surface. Wrapping her arms around herself, with fingers fanned outwards, she rubbed her arms covered in knit fabric.

It was bittersweet being back at Nightshade. Beginning every year gave her weird, unwanted nostalgia for freshman year; when she first started attending the academy and was forced to move to Pine Creek. When her abilities broke out of their shell, Father started making preparations, and that was that. This was also around the time he started to become paranoid, even for him—a yakuza underboss that everyone was gunning for. Safe to say, he sent her here due to the sudden blossoming of her powers. Why he needed her to be far away from him...she still had not figured out. All she knew was that he was protecting her from something, or better yet someone. For whatever reason, he thought she would be safe here. In this quiet, boring ass town. It was pleasant to live, but not much happened around here. It was no city. When the academy abruptly closed last spring, she was not allowed to actually go back home to Japan. Instead, she had to stay in Pine Creek with Hikari, the butler. That was who he sent to escort her to the Americas, and provide her with the utmost care while she remained here.

When she asked to come visit, her father grew cold, stopping all communications with her for a month. In Australia, she imagined her mother was living the dream. She would have even chosen to stay there, if she had the choice. It could have been anxiety, but this further fueled the suspicion that someone was trying to track her down at this very moment, why else would she not be able to go with her mother?

Stepping foot on campus after the closure of the school last spring felt surreal; not only the psyches could sense the raised tensions. A boy died, had the blood drained right from his body. She remembered when the news flooded campus. Andromeda never met him personally, whether or not she shared a class or two with him over the years but nothing that she could actually recall. When the news hit, she was utterly indifferent about it. What did she care if some athlete decided to be an idiot and get themselves murdered? People would immediately assume a vampire did it, Andromeda, on the other hand, was not so quick to do so. Not that she was an expert, or anything, but vampires don't do that. Sure, they could suck someone dry quicker than she could blink, but no vampire on campus would be dense enough to leave the body in the middle of the quad.

Money is the reason we exist. Everybody knows it, it's a fact—

Andromeda closed her eyes, tilting her head slightly as she blew air kisses, in unison with the song. She then lightly flicked her fingers through the curly bangs above her eyes, blinking long, feathery lashes into the center mirror. The dorm was large enough, she supposed; there could always be more room, especially when it smelled like rosewater and expensive perfume, especially on her side.

Unlike the years past, she hoped—well, not consciously, but a part of her wanted a relationship with a roommate to not end in turmoil. This year the girl was a vampire. Charlotte, a blonde bombshell, someone slowly becoming one of her favorite people at the academy in four years.

Beside the vanity, was a stream of different cover posters from ceiling to floor. 1950s Vogue. Cosmopolitan. Vanity Fair. There were also pictures of pretty places she's visited over the years. At only eighteen years, that said a lot. Carefully mixed in were the other pictures; the Coliseum in Rome; the Eiffel Tower in France; the New York City skyline.

The tainted green of the statue of liberty reminded her of sewer water, so she only took a picture of the statue to have it, but decided not to frame or hang it up. Obviously, the much more picturesque skyline took its place. However young, she traveled much throughout her life, usually for seasonal trips—but there were times when her father craved authentic bratwurst, and next thing she knew, a flight to Germany would be booked for the weekend. Or birthdays in Scotland—only the day, when it was time to eat cake. By the time the stars spread across the sky, they would be flying to one resort or another in Sri Lanka.

Andromeda stood, barefoot against the cold hardwood. She laced manicured fingers around a slender flute with nails sharp enough to give a wolf grief. Polished nude pink, dried matte, and the middle ones were bedazzled with Swarovski crystals in the shape of a tall crown. She took a sip, letting the smooth champagne trickle down her throat, clicking her tongue to get a better taste. Floral, fruity notes washed over her taste buds as she waltzed over to the standing mirror, adorned in rosebuds, and on the other side of the window.

A golden minimalist rack the size of a miniature fridge was placed next to the vanity, and below the photographs. The rack was filled to the brim with wine bottles of different sorts, while pristine glasses hung suspended underneath. Half empty inside the flute was a chilled vintage cristal.

She stepped around the white coffee table made of wood, catching her ankle on the corner of a leg. A vase containing bluebells wobbled but remained standing.
"Ow,"
she grimaced slightly, muttering under her breath.

Andromeda smoothed down the soft knit dress, the color of winter snowflakes, cold as her heart. It tightly caressed her curves, accentuating her wide hips and body, plump in all the right places. There were large slits on each shoulder, tiny bowties lined the middle of her chest, and long fingerless sleeves covered her arms. She put on a pair of thin socks. Tonight she would pair the dress with a periwinkle mink coat and white boots. Louboutins that came below the knee. Around her neck, a black velvet choker clasped tight. Admiring herself in the mirror for a while longer, before walking past the cotton candy couch, over to where most of her purses hung near the work desk. Reaching out a hand, she raised and lowered it a few times before hesitating in front of a white saint Laurent bag. Going over to the vanity once more to spritz herself with her favorite Dior, refreshing the air with scents of rose and jasmine.

Near the center, the other side of her room was a canopy bed with tan pink sheer curtains tied around the posts. Along with the rails on either end of the bed, the ruffled fabric was tied into a string of bows atop the post railing. A heavy, thick comforter sprawled across the bed. The head of the bed was overtaken by a swarm of pink and blue pillows, an overdramatic number. There were several special things about her side of the room. A large wardrobe with vine leaves entwined around all the corners was next to the bed, and inside was a place of glamour, glitter, and wonder. It was a wardrobe enchanted to be capable of containing all of her many clothes from skirts, blouses, jeans, and shoes and shoes and shoes. Naturally, it was a walk-in-wardrobe.

Above, the ceiling gave way to a large circular shape, a dome seemingly jutted up awkwardly to make up part of the roof of the entire building. The architecture made absolutely no sense, supposedly. The skylight was constructed to display dark skies during the day, during its inactive state. But at night, it would simulate navy skies, stars, and the current shape of the moon. A mesmerizing sight to behold while drifting off into a dream world.

Her father was an alumnus of the Academy. As a prime benefactor for the academy, their house donated tons of money to the school since its opening, throughout the decades, and during his attendance. Even afterward, to this day, her father continues to donate and stays up to date on the happenings at the academy; he might as well have been an absent member of the board. The Hirose were an esteemed house in mortal and mystical societies alike. Managing to swiftly infiltrate the yakuza, seizing control and continuing to pull strings from the shadows in both worlds when need be.

Spinning around at the sound of Charlotte's voice, a faint smile spread across her face at the compliment. She tipped her glass to the taller female.
"Who me?"
She placed a hand on her medium sized chest, turning her head to the left in mock naivety.
"You look hot."

"I look hot, we look hot, and these bitches could never. Tonight is going to be legendary, can't you feel it?"
Her voice was crisp and feminine, with a silvery rasp. Taking another sip of the golden liquid, letting it soak into her tongue before swallowing.
"I feel like we're missing something, though."

She tilted her head back to finish off the champagne; when she popped back up, blue eyes were slightly wide, and a smile was tugging at her lips.
"We need to get you a drink, duh."
Andromeda was already bouncing around the dorm, heels clicking; as she prepared a flute of bubbly for her roommate, the clink of glasses, and a pop of a bottle followed.
"I know you vamps have such a high tolerance to literally everything except sunlight. I doubt you can get tipsy let alone drunk, but there's only one way to remedy that."

Lowering her head, she gave Charlotte a knowing look, a mischievous smirk on her lips. Bottomless drinking. A little bit of pregaming never hurt anyone.

Even with the restriction of the woods placed sometime ago by the headmaster, the sense of danger was far out of sight, out of mind.

Standing on the tips of her toes, she leaned forward, handing the full flute to her roommate. 

"Its vintage."

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

desirae.

• mood

what the fuck.

Since her arrival at Nightshade, Freshman year, there wasn’t a place that Desirae felt more alive than she did on stage. There was just something about it—the lights, the people, the thudding bass that could be felt from the arches of her feet to the very top of her skull, calling to her like a siren song. The way you could control a crowd’s emotions with a song, with a measure of music or a lyric so powerful it has the potential to shake the world.

It made her think that, for a moment, life was good and nothing could touch her. She was unstoppable.

Des was trying to channel that energy now, as she sat on the ground cross legged before her mirror, applying eyeliner in a sweeping motion. She could hear Esme talking in the bathroom, most of the words garbled and unintelligible over the buzzing fan in the corner. What her roommate would be doing tonight , she hadn’t a clue, since the youngest Hearthstone had told her she wasn’t going to the party.

Maybe it was for the best, Esme had a way of killing her mood like nobody else and she needed to stay focused, for the band’s performance tonight.

Unlike most of her peers, Des had a habit of getting ready in silence, especially before a performance. It was best to keep her mind clear, her attention focused and her voice ready.

Desirae was mostly ready at this point, she’d shimmied into her mini skirt and blazer combo before she’d started her makeup, and her masses of black hair were arranged in neat dutch braids, laying close to hear head. It was rare that Des put her hair up, but on show nights, she always did.

She’d gotten her extensions caught in her guitar strings once her sophomore year and ended up with a bald patch for the rest of the year.

You live and you learn…right?

She dropped her eyeliner pencil with a hissed curse, and as she scrambled to grab it, the bathroom door slid open. Esme’s head of night dark hair entered the room, an annoyed look on her face.

“You’ll freeze in that,” her roommate drawled, eyes flicking over her hardly clothed figure. Judgement and something else that’s as harder to place filled her face.

Des merely sighed, standing up and capping the eyeliner pencil without much flourish. “Who were you on the phone with?” She asked, deflecting Esme’s statement. Then, she rolled her eyes. “What are you going to be doing tonight, anyways? You know, since you’re not going to the party like literally everybody else.”

Her question was answered as Esme walked over to her side of the room, pausing at her collection of books and selecting one without seeming to put much thought into it before sitting on her bed and opening to the first page.

Des wasn’t quite sure why she’d expected anything else of a Hearthstone, honestly. They were notoriously boring.

Teasing comments followed her around the room as Desirae gathered everything she’d need—the folder containing the guitar tabs for the band’s set, her guitar case, strapped to her back. Her amps and speakers already sat in the back of her car in the parking lot below, ready to go.

She was ready.

With a sigh and a glare shot towards Esme, who was leading through her book idly, she grabbed her keys from where they’d been thrown haphazardly on her desk before making her way towards the door.

“Have fun…reading or whatever,” she instructed her roommate, smirking. And, as a passing comment as she left the room, Des called over her shoulder: “And the werewolf jokes are really unoriginal.”

The drive to the party’s forested location was a quick one, and as she lugged her heavy equipment to the makeshift stage Axel and whoever else had set up, she found herself wondering how they wouldn’t be caught.

It wasn’t her concern, she supposed.

Esme was right—it was freezing already, and Des had to wrap her arms around herself in between moving things to keep warm.

Hopefully things would heat up a tad while she was performing. And no one ever said pregaming a performance was bad, anyways.

Right?

Cherry Hill

Russ

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

ezrael.

• mood

???

It was hard to be in a bad mood when the smell of roasting garlic and sizzling chicken filled the air of his dorm, Frank Ocean serenading him as he cooked.

Ezra was in a good mood—a great one, actually—and he found himself humming along to the words of the song, swaying to the beat as he gave his noodles another good stir.

Rising steam from the assortment of pots and pans on the stove blasted him in the face, setting his cheeks ablaze and turning them cherry colored. He’d discarded his shirt ages ago, and had opened the glass doors leading to his and Davina’s shared balcony to let some cool air in.

He hadn’t paused long enough to consider the irony that he’d be rooming with his ex—hadn’t even stopped to think about how it might be after two years of no word from her at all.

It wasn’t like they’d ended things on good terms, so he hadn’t expected anything from her at all, really. But it was a shock she was back, dragged in by the trio of bounty hunter-brothers after she’d once again been brought before the Council.

He hadn’t stopped long enough to think about the fact that he too, would soon be shackled to them. And it all began with understudying their leader Gabriel.

His shadows beckoned, crawling along his arms as his thoughts swarmed, though he continued his cooking with a steady hand.

He didn’t want anything to burn.

One crawled up along his ear.

Too bad you don’t have much a choice in anything it crooned, and Ezra could feel it buzzing with contempt. Other, snake-like and seemingly made of smoke, turned his attention to him and paused their roaming.

“You wouldn’t understand,” he muttered back, while adding seasoning to the pan containing what would soon be his Alfredo sauce. He didn’t know why he indulged them, but some days where their hissing was kinder than any word uttered by the people around him.

But they weren’t his friends.

’Couple bishops in the city building mansions, all the reverends preaching self made millionaire status—‘ Frank Ocean affirmed from his home in the Bluetooth speaker that sat in his dresser.

Deciding he could leave the food to simmer for a moment, Ezra snatched his phone from its resting place on the counter and scrolled through his contacts, past Esme and past Eli and Liv. To Veronika Hawthorne.

His fingers moved on their own accord, typing out a message telling her to join him for dinner. And maybe that party the shifters were throwing in the woods. He wasn’t going to go, but it would take his mind off his impending doom. He certainly didn’t want to do it alone, either.

And honestly? He could use a drink.

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Livanna Moore

• mood

a tad nervous?

“You can buy me diamond earrings and deny-ny-ny-ny,”

A big part of why music was a major part of Liv's world was— (yes, heightened senses.) But she grew up with it. Whether it’d be attending some of her father’s shows or having impromptu jam sessions together had always held a special memory in her heart.

It helped that she had a voice, too.

One that her roommate would’ve heard if her speakers weren’t on the highest volume. “Hey baby, don’t you bring them tears ’cause it’s too late, too late,” Livanna sang at the top of her lungs going an octave higher than needed but still at pitch.

(She liked to show off.)

Livanna loved singing. Always has and she’s positive she’d always would. What she didn’t like is being told what to do. She missed all the perks that came with being signed to a label— but not the label itself. Recording her own music no matter the decent equipment she had… wasn’t the same as a full studio.

She missed the atmosphere, she missed working, she missed the people. Just not one person in particular that wound up costing her the entire thing. “Hey, Liv?!” Elliot’s voice went unnoticed as she applied a fourth layer of lip gloss, miraculously applying with precision despite watching her reflection as she danced.

“Could you turn it down?” He said a tad louder and her brown gaze snapped to his, fumbling for the remote to lower the volume, a thinned smile on her overglossed lips. “Sorrryyyy,” She apologized and he muttered a thank you, waiting until he turned around before Liv sneaked the volume a little bit higher.

Her roommate seemed nice enough. Liv expected more of a… feminine roommate– and preferably one who didn’t mind the noise. But she supposed he wasn’t a bad guy, even if he was a buzzkill and preferred gelato over frozen yogurt.

He mentioned something about locking the door– but Livanna was too entranced in fantasizing about her own party to notice.

Axel and Livanna had “set up” for the party hours earlier, he’d gotten kegs, cups, party favors (that she forgot to do) and… Liv…

Well, Liv convinced the seculars to provide them with a non-flammable bonfire. How was the bonfire non-flammable?

Shrug.

She also tried to get people to hang up fairy lights around the forest for a twinkly-magical time, but nobody felt like doing it. Even though she was physically superior to everyone she had asked– Livanna wasn’t the tallest of the bunch. Anyway, she was determined to make tonight’s party unforgettable.

A creak from the front door was heard and Liv lowered the music a tad. “Elliot? I told you, the brown jacket looks fine.”

No reply was given.

The shuffle of footsteps was heard going farther into the dorm. Liv put down the remote with a furrow of her brow while the music shuffled to an entirely different genre. “Hellloooooooo?” She said, her voice echoing as she stepped out of the bathroom, a weary gaze cast over the dorm.

Upon getting closer the faint sound of a familiar heartbeat rang in her ears and she noticed the door to her bedroom was open. Livanna sighed. “I guess it was just the wind…” She said over-dramatically and nonchalantly walked into her room.

One might’ve thought that Livanna’s room was rainbows, butterflies and a shit-ton of glitter– when she was twelve, that might’ve been true but her style, voice, and interests were incredibly different from one another.

Her bedroom was messy to say the least– but underneath the tornado of clothes laid a faux fur carpet. The black was a nice contrast to the yellow and hot pink throw pillows on her unmade bed. Red and blue beanbags sat in the corner along with a few stuffed animals that were… not the cutest.

(The uglier the better, let’s be honest.)

Liv believed it gave them character. Especially the clown-butterfly.

Fairy lights twinkled on the edges of the ceiling, illuminating the many posters and records on the wall– differentiating and ranging from random artists to genre to genre with her own RIAA plaque in the middle.

She practically exploded (internally, with feelings) the day she received it. The golden record was gorgeous obviously– but the point was she did that.

Sure, her father might’ve gently nudged her in the music industry's way… and no matter what the label– or her manager had to say about her success… writing and recording what she wanted to sing might’ve spiraled everything that led to her ending up here.

But everything happens for a reason.

Liv got a gold record, a boyfriend and–

She threw the closet door open.

“Boo.”

“How’d you know?!”

Her best friend out of it.

So maybe in some really messed up way, it was all worth it.

“How’d you know?!” Josie exclaimed, almost tripping a pile of shoes when she exited the closet, a look of surprise and disappointment written on her features.

Liv shrugged. “I heard you.”

“I wasn’t even breathing!”

“Not breathing doesn’t make your heart stop. Okay, well, it kind of does, but that’s if you’re dead or me, so it’s impossible to not hear it.”

“Okay but what if I was like, one of those… really athletic people. Like Bruce Jenner.”

“Bruce Jenner doesn’t technically exist anymore, but I think I’d be able to hear your heartbeat even if it was slow?”

“Wait. Does that mean we’re just supposed to pretend like he never existed?”

“I don’t think so? I think it’s more like–”

The front door creaked open once again, Liv and Josie shared a look.

“Oh my god. It’s Bruce Jenner’s ghost.”

Axel knocked three times on the wall before appearing alongside the doorframe.

“I was right.”

Liv pointed a finger at her for a warning. “Bruce Jenner was actually very handsome when he was young.”

Josie’s questions continued to be thrown their way. “How could he be handsome if he doesn’t exist?”

Livanna waved Axel’s curiosity away and hopped on top of his back, wrapping her arms around him for a better grip.

“Jacketjacketjacket– Jo, grab my jacket.”

“You have two legs!”

“No, I’m staying here for… forever.” Liv nuzzled her chin in the crook of Axel’s neck and Josie begrudgingly grabbed the jacket that laid on top of a bunch of Monopoly board games.

(Yes, multiple monopoly board games. There were a lot of variations okay?)

“No, not that–” Axel obeyed Liv’s orders instead and somehow found the exact jacket she needed that was conveniently thrown on the keyboard in the corner of the room.

“It’s the superior senses.”

“Ummmmmmm,”

“It’s the superior senses.” Josie repeated and Liv decided to let her have the win.

“And this jacket’s mine now.”

“The black market isn’t gonna want my jacket, Jo.”

“Oh Livvy, tsk, tsk.” With two clicks of her tongue Josie slipped on the sequined jean jacket.

“The black market wants everything.”
_

The trio arrived just as the party was starting.

People were already drinking, talking, laughing and throwing things in the bonfire that wasn’t actually catching flame. Thankfully, since they had a Josie the entire time here, Axel hadn’t brought up the L word and the fact that she said it hours earlier.

Liv didn’t forget… she’s just pretending like she didn’t say it in the first place.

It was too soon!

“You’re gonna go set up, yeah?”

“Yes.” Josie answered for him, taking a singular step in the direction of drinks. “Have fun, bestie. Woo the girls.”

“Don’t woo the girls.” Liv warned, leaning in a kiss but the brunette was tugged away by Josie before their lips could touch.

Clear liquid was poured into mini red solo cups that laid on a nearby tree stump.

“Ten for you and twelve for me.” Josie said, already raising the cup to her lips.

“Ummmmmmmm, how about we do ten for me…” She slid the rest towards herself and a singular one towards Josie.

“Two for you.”

“How am I gonna outdrink you then?! I could drink you under the…” Josie looked at the tree stump, still deciding to finish her sentence.

“Table.”

“I don’t know if it’s humanly possible for you to.”

“I could try.”

“Okay… Here's this idea. Whoever can take as many shots as they can in five seconds wins. Deal?”

“Deal.”

“Three… two… one…”

Josie knocked down her first shot, second, third–

while Liv was…

“Done.”

“What.”

“I’m done.”

Another vampire perk.

Liv hadn’t eaten before she came out and she thanks whatever gods there are, because if she did…

That could’ve been real bad.

“Wh–” Josie glanced down at the empty cups on the stump. “... I still won.”

“What?! But–”

“Don’t question my ways.”

Liv shook her head. A smile played on her lips while she looked around the party-goers and her attention landed on a particular vampire.

Josie followed her gaze. “Uh oh, don’t the vampires totally hate you?” The reminder had Liv grimacing.

“Yeah, but she’s cool.”

“Cool in what way though? In the smooth-operator kind of way, in the way dealers are, or Lady Gaga?”

“Both. All. Seriously like, in every way possible she’s probably the coolest vampire I’ve ever met.”

“I was gonna be hurt if you said the coolest girl you ever met.”

“No, that spot is reserved for… Em.” Liv teased, her smile widening.

“Hey!”

“Okay, I think I’m gonna…”

“Gonna go drool over her?”

“No! Gonna talk to her. It’s the host-ly thing to do.”

“The host-ly thing to do is to get drunk with your best friend, but okay…” Josie put her hands up in defense but the grin on her face reminded Liv that she was only joking.

“Later, I promise. Find Aspen! Threaten to kiss him if he doesn’t drink with you.”

“Threaten?! You said I was a good kisser!?”

Before Liv could dig herself into a deeper hole, she was gone.

She wondered if she should approach Davina with a drink, but that's probably a waste considering she might’ve already had one?

Davina was one of the reasons why Liv wanted to make sure tonight had gone perfect.

She didn’t really have any vampire friends— in fact, the only vampires she was “close” with was her family. There were just some things you couldn’t ask your dad or your grandma, or— well, Liv didn’t really talk to her grandpa if she could help it.

She was stalling!

Davina was this chance to figure out who she was away from her family. She had the opportunity to experience what other vampires were like-- Livanna had been here two years and the most she'd learned about herself is who she was in a relationship.

And that's not why she was sent here.

Liv had mustered up the courage to just go over there and say— “Hi.” She smiled. The branch she’d stepped on previously had alerted Davina seconds before she spoke.

“Soooooooooo, are you having fun yet? Yes, no, maybe so?”

The answer was most likely no, but an answer nonetheless Liv would be happy with.

“I’d totally vote for yes since you have the party hostess personally checking in.” She said, glancing over to where Axel stood as he set up for their set with Des somewhere nearby.

“I’m ten shots in and feeling… nothing but I’m sure that’ll change soon. I like your jacket.”

Liv gestured to what Dav was wearing, a bubble of envy weighing on her knowing that the vampire beside her could probably wear a plastic bag and still look… like that.

Totally wasn’t fair.

“I think some of the others brought things if you’re hungry?”

Things = blood.

And the blood here? It was only the grossest thing ever.

More gross than the minimal proximity Des and Axel would have on their makeshift stage.

(Which probably wasn’t a stage at all, but you know.)

They were a little ways away from the major crowd gathered around the bonfire but close enough to notice the orange-y glow that reflected off of Dav. Which oddly made her seem all the more intimidating.

And gorgeous, but we won't talk about that.

"Though, it's not something I'd particularly recommend..."

Neon Trees

Animal

♡coded by uxie♡

veronika.

• mood

flabbergasted

Veronika’s phone buzzed from where it was perched atop the stack of books on her nightstand, the paper edges littered with miscellaneous tabs marking any and all information she deemed worthy of revisiting later. She was reading another such book, pale eyes flicking across the words on the page in front of her when the sound broke her train of thought. Frowning, Veronika reached over, lifting her phone and tilting it towards herself just enough that she could make out the name of the offender.

Ezra Hearthstone.

Just as quickly as she’d picked up her phone, Veronika set it down again, not even bothering to scan the message. She straightened, back resting rigidly against her bed’s headboard. Certainly, she must have read that wrong. What reason was there for him to be reaching out to her? Sure, the two shared a class, but it was too early in the year for any projects, and she knew he was too studious to need to borrow her notes.

Curiosity eventually outweighed Veronika’s initial caution, and she at last retrieved her phone, bottom lip pulled between her teeth as she opened Ezra’s message.

A dinner invitation from Ezra wasn’t something Veronika ever expected to receive in her lifetime, yet here they were—he’d even managed to take it one step further with mention of the party being thrown in the woods that night by the infamous Shifter house. In all honesty, she wasn’t sure how she felt about the proposal—even less so about the prospect of a party, given how regularly she made an effort to avoid such scenes—but before she could stop herself, her fingers were typing out an affirmative reply before they all but threw her phone onto the end of the bed.

Crawling off of the mattress and getting to her feet, Veronika ran a hand through her hair, placing her other on her hip as she paced the length of her bedside rug. What alternate reality had she been sucked into?

Veronika came to a halt in front of the full-length mirror standing in the corner of the room. She’d changed out of her uniform and into a comfortable black sweater that swallowed her small frame accompanied by a pair of stretchy grey pants. It wasn’t too unpresentable, she supposed, and after giving her bangs a quick brush and returning her dainty silver rings to their rightful place on her fingers, she was slipping into her shoes and sliding out the door.

As she made the trek to Ezra’s dorm, Veronika fiddled with the sleeves of her shirt, nearly turning around multiple times, but it was far too late to back out. She’d already told him she would come over, and she was many things, but rude when unprovoked wasn’t one of them. Speaking of—

Did Esme put him up to this?

She didn’t have much of a chance to mull over that possibility because Ezra’s door at last appeared among the many that lined each side of the hallway, and Veronika let out a bated breath as her feet stopped a few steps away. The best scenario she could hope for at this point was that he would be alone in there—no Esme or Davina to rain hellfire on her and bear witness to Veronika’s pathetic attempt at friendship.

Was that what this was? Friendship?

Veronika chewed on her thumbnail, gaze flickering down either end of the corridor as if she expected someone to appear, taunting her. Once she was sure that she was alone, she reached out and hesitantly knocked, the sound produced so small she wasn’t entirely convinced that Ezra would even be able to hear it.

If only her parents could see her now.

anti-hero

taylor swift

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

aspen.

• mood

oh shit

There were two things in this world that Aspen loved: a bonfire and a good party, and tonight it seemed he’d be getting both of those.

When he was young, he remembered nights he’d go down to the Long Island sound with his father and write his name in the sand with chubby little fingers. It would be summer, so even though it was night, it was warm. His dad would collect the driest pieces of driftwood he could find and throw them all in a pile before setting it ablaze, their own private bonfire. Sometimes they made s’mores, other nights Aspen listened as the man talked about his day, his job, his life.

He had been too young to understand it wouldn’t last forever. The tide would come and wipe smooth the sand where he’d etched his name, and take away any sign that they’d been there. That his father—his hero—couldn’t be there his whole life.

That they were alive and they laughed and they loved and sometimes they cried and argued, but things were good.

He’d arrived at the party a few minutes before, and now stood with a cup in his hand facing the bonfire. It emitted a soft warmth and for all intents and purposes looked like flame, but the lack of the acrid scent of wood burning and smoke was throwing him off.

He was willing to bet the Seculars had something to do with that.

Considering the school had only just opened after a student had been murdered on campus, Liv and Axel had ensured quite the turnout. Aspen wasn’t quite sure how it was even possible, but it seemed the entire general population of Nightshade had made its way into the woods for a night of drinking, dancing and hiding from the responsibilities that day brought.

He hadn’t been expecting to see Esme there, however, and his face contorted in puzzlement as the raven haired girl stalked towards him, displeasure written across her fine features.

She was still pretty as ever though.

He was unable to keep a wry grin off of his face as she dragged him away from the crowd, pausing by a towering pine tree that looked like it might fall any minute.

It took him a minute to process what she was saying.

“Esme, hold on—“ he attempted as she continued speaking rapidly, her voice low and urgent. He sighed and put his hands on her shoulders to get her attention when he realized it was fruitless. “I put the page back, okay?”

When they’d done the ritual that day, after school had already closed for the semester, the ground hadn’t shook, the sky hadn’t burst into flame. In fact, nothing had happened.

But that didn’t mean he wanted to face his best friend’s wrath if the page had been lost.

So he’d put it back exactly where it belonged. At least he really, really hoped he did.

“I can help you look?” He offered, frowning. “I’m sorry, Esme. I really put it back in the book. It must be in your room, or at home or something.

He just really hoped she didn’t pick up on his doubt.

objects in the mirror

mac miller

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

axel.

• mood

kinda just vibing

“Nice of you to show up,” Axel grumbled, passing Roman on his trip to the stage, arms laden with the bass drum. He’d sent the singer a text hours before, asking after the “party favors,” as Liv so affectionately called them, only to receive radio silence, which shouldn’t have come as a surprise, given his notable absence from school that day, though what he was getting up to, the blonde didn’t care to know. It was just like Roman to arrive at the last possible minute, after Axel had done all the heavy lifting—with minimal help from Wyatt, who’d done more harm than good when trying to put together the makeshift stage. “Did you at least bring the stuff?”

Roman scoffed. “Of course I did,” he responded, slinging the backpack off of his shoulder and unzipping it just enough for Axel to see its contents in the warm orange glow of the artificial fire.

“Glad to know you’re still good for something,” Axel said, setting the drum down with the others he’d already haphazardly piled onto the back end of the stage. He fished a wad of cash out of his pants pocket and shoved it into Roman’s chest as he brushed past, slamming shut the trunk of his vehicle before checking the time on his phone. “I’ve gotta go get Liv,” he announced. “I’ll finish this when I get back.”

Roman snorted. “You’re so down bad.”

“How’s Sylvia doing?” Axel countered. “Is she coming tonight? You’d know, since she’s your roommate and all…”

Roman, of all people, had no business talking about others’ love lives.

When Axel at last got to Liv’s dorm, he found the door conveniently unlocked, and he was sure that if Elliot had left it to Liv, it’d likely stay that way for the rest of the night. Already, he could hear voices as he pushed his way inside—Josie had stopped by for a visit, from the sound of it. As much as Axel enjoyed her loud, if not slightly obnoxious—in the most endearing way, of course—presence, she had a way of worming her way into any and all situations. Take Axel and Liv’s lunch break, for example—Josie had crashed it without a care in the world, stopping just short of planting herself between the couple, opting instead to commandeer the conversation to her heart’s desire with no regard to where it’d been previously headed.

Axel more properly announced his presence in the dorm with a series of knocks on the wall just outside of Liv’s bedroom before rounding the corner, hand resting on the door frame as he entered the space, brows raised in amused confusion. “What?” he started, but Liv waved him off.

Clearly, a Josie-induced tangent.

The sudden addition of weight—if one could even call it that—to Axel’s back as Liv launched herself at him hardly elicited a response other than the slight widening of his eyes; he took it in stride without so much as a stumble, hands momentarily coming up to rest on Liv’s arms as they found a home around his neck, then moving to keep her legs secure on his waist.

“Yeah, Josie,” Axel said. “She can’t possibly reach it from here.”

Anything to help Liv keep her word, exaggeration or not—her breath was hot on Axel’s neck as she nuzzled into him, and no amount of Josie’s complaining could wipe the grin from his face at his girlfriend’s affection.

Josie grabbed the wrong jacket—probably only because it was the one closest to her among the many strewn about the room—and Axel was already crossing to the keyboard in the corner, carrying Liv along with him, when she started to voice her correction, but Liv’s words were cut off as Axel snatched the coat off the end of the instrument, passing it wordlessly to her over his shoulder.

The girls went back to their playful bickering—superior senses was a stretch, but lover’s intuition might do—while Axel’s eyes traveled along Liv’s belongings. She’d managed to settle in nicely despite their short time back at school—it was obvious someone lived there, unlike the half-unpacked state of his own room. Axel’s attention, however, was drawn particularly to the clown-butterfly monstrosity sitting in the center of Liv’s bed. He’d hoped that stuffed animal wouldn’t make an appearance this year—he’d been subjected to its judgmental, eerie stare one too many times during intimate moments—yet there it sat, glaring into his soul, as always.

The walk back to the party passed much quicker than the one to the dorm building had, thanks to Josie’s hatred for silence. Gradually, more voices joined in with hers as the fire and their fellow partygoers materialized among the trees.

Axel was about to answer Liv’s question when Josie interjected, doing so for him. He shook his head with a roll of his eyes. “No, thanks,” he told her. “That’s Roman’s job.”

Leaning down towards Liv, Axel smiled reassuringly. “I’m not gonna woo the girls,” he promised, but their kiss was cut short before it could even happen as Josie dragged Liv away. “Keep that up,” Axel called after them, “and you’ll lose future Godmother privileges.”

Left with no other distractions, Axel returned to the temporary stage to finish setting up his drum kit, this time in the company of Des as she brought over her guitar. There was no telling where Roman had run off to, but out of the two of them, Axel preferred Des, though he’d never admit it out of fear of how his words could be misconstrued.

Des’s inclusion in the band had happened before the news of their engagement broke, making things unnecessarily complicated between them. He wanted to hate Des now, to spite his parents, but he knew she didn’t like their forced predicament any more than he did, so it hardly seemed fair. Still, their friendliness had become much more forced, which was why the wordless air that settled between them as they arranged their respective instruments was so awkward.

without me

eminem

♡coded by uxie♡

keaton.

• mood

indifferent

"... Did you maybe want to…”

Keaton found his thoughts dominated by those five words. Even now as he waited on his roommate to get ready, he scrolled cautiously to make sure his "inquiries" into her comings and goings weren't discovered. There was persistent and then there was desperate and he was currently walking a fine line between both. His new additions to the month old unanswered wall of text notwithstanding.

He couldn't necessarily blame Esme for that reaction but the hurt in her eyes when she looked at him all but broke his spirit. He would've throttled Dana if she hadn't already had the remainder of her school year ruined by a fractured ankle. A freak accident they called it. He knew better. But the thought of calling her that in private gave way to a small smirk.

“I’ll be ready in like 10 minutes, I promise!”

"Lies. You said that forty-five minutes ago." He muttered back absent-mindedly reciting the line as if reading from a script.

Not one for socializing Keaton rarely went out but when he did it was with either Dana or Esme, both took decades to decide on one thing or another. He didn't expect Emersyn to be any different. The only constant between the three was that they were all unreliable. A fact he found questionable solace in.

Emersyn.

He had to admit since he had met her his thoughts drifted down the hall to the room adjacent to his every now and then. More so out of curiosity than any kind of attraction. Dana had set him up perfectly. She was gorgeous and a Hawthorne. The perfect nail in the coffin. He silently wished Dana nothing but the worst going forward.

But to her credit if he didn't know her name he wouldn't even have guessed she was one.

She was so self assured Keaton couldn't help but be impressed. There was no faux confidence about it. It came as natural to her as it did breathing. Of all the people he knew they all hardly even carved out a vague inkling of who they wanted to be and yet Emersyn was already her most authentic self. He just wished she had better taste in romantic interests. He wasn't sure if she was aware of it but whenever she mentioned Roman there was a catch in her voice.

Keaton thought the best way to describe her would've been that she was like a sun pulling everything into her orbit but he found that he wasn't against being caught in her gravity which is why he now sat on the very same couch she sat on when he first introduced himself to her ready to go to a party thrown by strangers he never cared to get to know. She swore they were great people. He highly doubted it.

And yet here he was already dressed and ready to go. Keaton had opted for a gray shirt and his favorite blue bomber jacket and a pair of black jeans. The best he could do with such a short notice. That and he could've probably pulled off going to this party nude. He had opted to leave his hair be, an ordered chaos of curls. He absent-mindedly ran a hand through them as he went back to scrolling (lurking).

He looked up and his heart involuntarily skipped a beat. Somehow she managed to look even better than she did when they first met. Keaton struggled to keep his face neutral and not gawk as her words zipped through one ear and out the other. Sorry but red was his favorite color after all. His reverie was broken up by that familiar hitch. He rolled his eyes behind his phone as he stood up.

"I'm sure his roommate can attest to that." Keaton's voice dripped with sarcasm as he imagined the brunette that sat opposite of her this morning. He'd have to pull a 180 on his entire character for me to vaguely tolerate him. A fact he didn't think was necessary for Emersyn to be privy of.

"Ready when you are roomie. I hope you're not one of those people that don't like people touching their radio." Keaton said as he held the door open for Emersyn to walk through and locked it behind him, you can never be too careful after all.

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

cooper.

• mood

???

While Cooper loved parties almost more than he loved himself (which was a lot), he found himself…nervous for this one. He’d been in a weird mood all day, and when he’d found out that his long time best friend and platonic soulmate Emersyn Hawthorne would be showing up with Keaton and Roman—the former of which Cooper didn’t mind—his mood had continued to decline.

Em knew of his hatred of the wannabe rockstar playboy, though she’d always been privy to her own judgments. He was loud, egotistical and obnoxiously smug, and…there was just something about him that rubbed Cooper the wrong way.

He wasn’t quite sure what it was about the Roman Duke complex that had girls enthralled, honestly. Maybe he spewed pheremones, like some creepy sort of fungus.

Cooper could see it.

So instead, he’d opted to invite Charlotte with him. He and the girl didn’t talk much, but she’d always been nice and he figured it was more than time to expand his social circle beyond Davina, Emersyn and the Ward siblings.

It didn’t hurt that she was pretty, either.

He’d gotten himself ready admittedly a bit early, so now he was across town, cruising along in his Jeep and searching for anything that sounded good to eat.

Pine Creek was far smaller than the port towns he’d grown accustomed to visiting while living on the boat with his parents, and the absence of a beach of any sort was really sort of starting to get to him.

Sure, there were the rivers and streams and ponds and lakes that dotted the landscape, but…it wasn’t the same. Even his magic seemed more muted. Dormant.

Cooper took a right at the nearest red light and Pot of Gold, the local diner, came into view. He’d kill for a milkshake right now, honestly.

He pulled into the parking lot and in a matter of ten minutes, he was back behind the wheel with a to go order and a slightly better mood, party ready.

He’d finished his food but hadn’t yet started on his milkshake by the time he arrived back on campus, parking his Jeep in the lot closest to Charlotte’s dorm. He climbed out, grabbed the two drinks—he’d ordered Charlotte a milkshake as well—from his cupholder, and made him way up the stairs to the floor where her dorm was.

He found the door, knocked twice while balancing the drinks precariously in one arm, and waited for an answer.

Yellow

coldplay

♡coded by uxie♡

emersyn.

“It’s original leather, take your wallet out of your pocket. If it dents, you’re dead.”

Emersyn didn’t play around with her car, watching her roommate’s every move as he cooly slid into the jet black interior of her vintage wheels. This car was the Hawthorne girl’s pride and joy, the only people escaping her lecture of its importance being Roman Duke & Cooper Bailey. They were sure to have endured it enough times that Emersyn thought it good & stuck in their brains. “And roomie, don’t slam the door. She’s touchy sometimes.”

It didn’t take long for Emersyn to decide that she liked Keaton. Then again, it never took much time at all for the girl to decide which end of the line the people in her life fell on. Most, she loved, liked or simply tolerated enough that she wouldn’t classify them as a nuisance or a bother. The few that fell on the opposite end of that paper thin line… luckily, not many did. Keaton on the other hand was securely in her ‘liked’ bundle for now. He was cute in sort of a meek way, not saying much just yet but indulging her in scattered bits of conversation, already tolerating her never-ending battle with a deadline. The thought made a thread pull at the corner of cherry-painted lips. She was looking forward to seeing how long the Calum boy’s tolerance would hold.

“Ok so-” Emersyn pulled into the make-shift parking lot between a blue truck and yellow convertible, her midnight car blending into the darkness that settled onto the outskirts of the forest. In a swift movement, her nimble fingers flicked down the thin visor as she went to work checking her makeup, tidying up her lipgloss as she examined her work. “We’ll go introduce you to the band, they’re probably still setting up ‘cause Roman never runs on time. Oh, Axel is the other header in the band, he’ll be a little peeved about not being on time but like, it’s not you. He’s really nice,” Her words flew like a skipping record, fast & jarring as she attempted to give a comprehensive summary of people she had known for the last three years. "Oh and theres Des! Ugh, Des is a total smokeshow, writes her own stuff, honestly I'm not sure why she agreed to be in the band, she's an awesome solo artist. I'll send you some of her stuff later, the girl is unreal." "You know Liv right? She's Axel's piece, they're cute but kinda overdoing it most of the time but like, they're happy. It just gets bad when they're drunk, it's like some fourteen year old writing smut but trying to be wholesome." A wave of her hand dismissed the topic, capping her lipgloss and swiping a tattooed finger along her mouth's outline. "She's throwing the party, also sings. Is smart enough to stay solo, the girl has pipes." Emersyn pushed the visor closed and eagerly gripped the driver’s side handle of her car, sage eyes alight while a grin failed to be contained. “Ready?”

The orange hue that seemed to cover everything in sight only grew brighter as they made their way into the clearing, crimson boots stark against the browns of dead earth beneath them. Emersyn had one arm looped through Keaton’s, the sleeve of her black leather jacket slightly catching on the slick material of the bomber’s that it was nestled against, though she didn’t pay any mind to it. Parties were what fueled her, and this was sure to be quite the party. “You look great by the way,” She grinned up at Keaton, squeezing his arm as though they had been friends for years instead of the reality of hours.

The liveliness of bodies around her only made this better. People laughing, dressed up, lipstick stains dotting onto red cups & gaps between friends & lovers growing ever smaller. The kegs were being manned by whomever got stuck pouring beers at any given moment while the liquor table was sticky & disheveled from anxious hands looking for a little relief, or drunken fingers grasping onto the first thing they touched. To Emersyn, this was as much of a home as her little dorm, messy & clumsy & full of character. In her element, if you will.

A brisk chill waved through the clearing, dancing with the height of the fire, tickling it’s crested flames before wisping through forgiving trees. The wind brought Emersyn two inches closer to the brunette at her side, her eyes scanning the copper lit landscape before falling easily onto a broad shouldered silhouette, perched against a speaker with his back of the roaring heat. It was fitting. Roman standing in all black, tattoos stickered onto tanned skin from being her personal coloring book, framed by an unforgiving thing like a fire. Maybe Roman was just as in his element as Emersyn was in that moment. Nevertheless, she tugged Keaton towards the singer until they were close enough for her to depart from her roommate’s side, slotting into Roman’s as if it was as natural as breathing. "Not helping again? Typical," Emersyn teased, pecking Roman's cheek and leaving a faded red mark. Her nose crinkled at the sight of it, mischievous as she admired her work. A quick glance caught the eyes of Desirae as she dropped down a heavy-looking piece of equipment, Emersyn blowing her a kiss and a wink before gesturing for her to come say hello as well.

“You two didn’t really get to meet before!” Green eyes glinted, attention turning back to the two in front of her. It could have been the warmth of the fire, or perhaps just being fitted into Roman here, making her shoulders settling down her back and giving her friend a quick once over. The guy always looked nice, it was part of his whole ‘thing’. But tonight, in black jeans, a loose patterned button down with his chest exposed, dark hair falling slightly into his eyes… Roman looked good.

“Ro, this is my new roomie Keaton. Keaton, this is Ro.”

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Esmeralda Hearthstone

• mood

anxious --> annoyed

A pair of hands on her shoulders grounded her mind long enough to listen to what Aspen was saying. “I put the page back, okay?” Her eyes searched his desperately as if Esme was trying to determine a lie.

“I can help you look?” Her gaze softened and quickly hardened into sudden realization, her features flickering between uncertainty and a sense of worry.

“I’m sorry, Esme. I really put it back in the book. It must be in your room, or at home or something.”

The brunette shrugged off his hands and shook her head. “No, because I’d know if it was home, there’s no possible way I'd miss it? I haven't even—“ She began to pace away from him.

“Damn it, Aspen—"

Her words beforehand were true, if anyone found out they’d stolen The Pericardium, they were as good as gone– especially Esme. Not to mention the nagging voice that continued to talk to her in hushed whispers while she talked to Aspen, its urgency increasing with every word they shared.

She came to a sudden stop to face him and Esme gestured further into the woods. “Okay, so… we’ll look near the ritual site. We’ll search until the sun comes up if we have to—“ Someone started approaching them and her arm dropped in obvious frustration.

Shiloh Ward.

There wasn’t some deep family rivalry with the Wards.

In fact, her family pretty much avoided talking about them at all.

As per usual Esmeralda wasn’t a fan– Malachi Ward had found himself cozy with her best friend and Esme isn’t too fond of sharing. Not to mention that the Wards were just insufferable as they come.

“I know who she is,” Esmeralda said when Aspen attempted to introduce them. She crossed her arms and gave a nod to Shiloh for an acknowledgement.

Aspen had gone on and had complimented Shiloh’s appearance which made Esme glance at her again, fully noticing her for the first time.

“Sure, it’s a nice outfit. Where’s the rest of it?” Esmeralda wasn’t one to slut-shame unless you were someone she despised– but she was one for logic. And wearing minimal clothing– less and more revealing what Des had left in… in weather like this.

To be frank, it was just stupid.

“Give her your flannel.” Esme ordered, “It’s freezing.” Her gaze flickered from Aspen to Shiloh and she caught a glimpse of a smile from him as he held out his flannel to her.

Esmeralda rolled her eyes and she was quiet for a beat while her gaze lingered on him before she finally dredged up the words;

“... Have fun.”

Don’t you need him?

“I could find what I need on my own… have fun.” Esme’s circle of people she actually liked was quite small. It mainly consisted of Khal and Aspen– but… “I’ll find you later.” Another nod was given to Shiloh for a goodbye and Esme tightened the bag around her shoulder.

_

Winter Formal was splayed across a banner.

“I thought you said you weren’t dancing with me?” Aspen said.

“Shut up. It’s for appearances.” They swayed to the music and she glanced around the hall. Esme enjoyed slow-dancing.

But after her recent breakup with Keaton…

She avoided his gaze when she saw a glimpse of him standing by the snack table.

It just felt oddly bittersweet.

“We’ll wait until they announce whoever won that horrid royalty contest. And while everyone’s distracted…”

“We sneak out.”

Esme glanced back at him. “You catch on quick. Good to know you’re good for something that isn’t dancing.”

“I’m good at that too.” He said smugly and she fought an amused smile. “Considering you stepped on my heels three times– we both know that’s not true.”

Janelle was on the platform that stood in the middle of the room, tapping the mic with her finger before speaking. “Hope everyone’s having fun…” Attention turned to her and while she continued. Aspen and Esmeralda slipped out unnoticed.

Or so they thought.

_

The leaves crunched beneath her boots as she walked further into the forest. “He was only going to slow me down.”

“The bird’s eye view could’ve helped though.” A shadow appeared in flashes as she passed every other tree using the moonlight to its advantage. Esmeralda wondered if their form of a shadow had somehow given them vision.

She approached the clearing where they’d done the ritual, leftover candles and moss had grown over more of the stone where singed and carved sigils stood.

“Expeto opax, indomitus, arcanum–”

“Is it working?”

Esmeralda opened her eyes and glared at Aspen. The torn out page laid directly in the middle of the sigils they’d carved hastily.

The Pericardium was surprisingly easy enough to grab. Esme wasn’t even sure it was real at first– but when Aspen couldn’t enter the room and the doors practically swung open for her.
She supposed it was because of her grandfather. Kareem Hearthstone was the ex-headmaster of Nightshade and had access to such artifacts. The protection wards still have an exception to her blood.

Esme would’ve believed they removed him from the ward after he retired but Esmeralda was taking her blessings in strides and deciding not to tempt fate.

They prepared the ritual for the night after Winter formal. They hadn’t realized The Pericardium was missing yet and Esme sought the perfect chance.

She had translated the spell well enough.

“Quiet.” She took a breath and closed her eyes once again, the flames flickering from the candles around them flicking ever so slightly before they intensified.

“Peto in tenebris infreni,”

“Woah,” Aspen’s commentary almost distracted Esme until she heard a subtle hum and whir as if it was a machine beginning to power up.

“arcanum potestate, et ad promissa virtutis.”

The sigils started to glow a deep red.

“Ego fidem ligavi.”

A heavy gust of wind had her inhale as if she lost her breath for a few seconds and the flames died, the sigils stopped glowing and everything was…

“That’s it?”

“Do you feel any different?”

“Esme?”

“Just shut up.” Esme looked at a pair of dead leaves. Flicking a hand upwards as she muttered the words.

“Levare.”

They remained unmoving.

A lump settled in her throat and a moment of silence sat heavily between them.

“... It didn’t work.” She said,

“But–”

“Gather everything. We’re leaving. Let’s go.”

“Esme,” Aspen said, his voice in a softer tone in an attempt to comfort her. “I said let’s go.” Another gust of wind had picked up and the leaves around them scattered away in turn.

She had traversed far in a short time. “Esmeralda.” The voice had Esme’s head snapping to where Aspen stood behind her. Struggling to hold the book and their belongings.

“Did you say something?”

He froze and the tomb fell to the ground.

“Huh? No.”

They continued their way back to the academy.

“Movere.” A strong gust of wind brushed away a bush and multiple twigs that laid underneath. No spell to be found. She clenched her jaw and continued searching the ritual site. Maybe the page fell while they were on their way back to school?

If Esmeralda had only realized it was missing beforehand, the search could’ve been much easier.

There’s something out here.

The words had creased her brows in worry. A low, but audible growl was heard from somewhere deeper in the forest.

Esmeralda turned on her heel. Walking away from the ritual site.

What are you doing?

“I’m going back to my dorm. I’m cold, tired, and not interested. If I’m out here and can’t find it– who’s to say someone else will?”

Who’s to say somebody else didn’t?

“If I stay out here and get eaten looking for it. I lose either way, don’t I?” The voice went silent and Esmeralda had taken that as some sort of victory in the argument. If you could even call it that.

She took the same path she did months ago. Her surroundings were trees upon trees– it was fairly to get lost and she was quite a ways away from the school. But Esme had already been out here for the last ten minutes, what’s another?

Behind you.

Esmeralda was already on alert from the growl she’d heard moments earlier and the sound of a twig snapping had her acting on instinct.

A whisper and a dark trail of smoke was instantly targeted towards the sound and Esme turned around to see Desirae against a tree.

Surprise had quickly turned into annoyance.

“Great, so you’re a stalker now too.” Esme took a step in her direction and released the shadow’s hold on her waist. The trail slithering around Des’s wrist, still pinning her in place.

(But less harsh, y’know? Thanks. I can’t write anymore, my brain is fried.)

“Don’t you have a show to do? What are you doing out here?”

spit in my face!

ThsSoMch

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

ezrael.

• mood

???

Ezra was so lost in thought he almost didn’t hear the knock on his door. But there it was, one thud, two thuds. Three, and he turned from the stove, wiping his hands on his pants before heading towards the door.

He hadn’t checked his phone. He had been half expecting Veronika to ignore his messages. A smile tugged at his lips and he pulled the door open.

“I didn’t expect you to come,” Ezra admitted, moving aside to allow her space to move into the room. One particularly curious shadow reached out a spindly tendril and brushed the girl’s arm, humming. “You stop that,” he instructed it, scowling.

The smell of things cooking still permeated the air, the scent of garlic and thyme and other herbs making his stomach grumble in protest. He hadn’t eaten all day—anxiety about Esme, the council and classes had effectively ruined his appetite, but if he was going to be drinking, he’d need it.

He moved to turn off the electric burners of the stove, giving the creamy sauce a quick stir before turning back to the brunette Hawthorne. Now that she was here, in front of him, Ezra wasn’t quite sure what to say. Or why’d he’d even invited her here in the first place.

Perhaps it was because, in almost four years of knowing her, despite hardly speaking to each other, she intrigued him. They’d shared classes over the course of school, and they’d always been neck and neck for top of their class. He found himself studying her, sometimes. His shadows were curious about her as well, always snaking off to trail after her whenever she was in the vicinity.

He wondered if she ever noticed. Lost souls following her dutifully, like sheep and their shepherd.

It might’ve had something to do with the curse, the one her family had put on his all those years ago. The one that still fueled a family feud to this day, despite the wealth and fame and power the curse had given them.

“I’m making alfredo,” he explained as he strained the pasta into a colander he’d placed in the sink a few minutes ago. The rising steam from the boiling water blasted against his cool skin, and he was once again reminded that he had been cooking without a shirt.

And he was now shirtless in front of Veronika.

Ezra strode to the living room and grabbed the grey crewneck that had been thrown across the back of the black leather couch in the center of the space. He tugged it over his head before returning to the kitchen, shooting Veronika a smile.

Why was this so awkward?

Ezra had always been the one to throw people off—it was one of his favorite pastimes, actually—and put them on uneven footing, but here he was, stumbling for words. He wasn’t used to the feeling.

“Are you hungry?” He asked, meeting her eyes and shooting a scowl at another shadow that had come to sit on the table before where she was seated.

“There’s a party tonight,” he added while making himself and her a plate of the cheesy pasta, sprinkling Parmesan cheese on top. Just like he and Esme had eaten as kids. And like he’d made Davina when she was craving Italian. Shaking his head, he put together two other plates as well, carefully wrapping them in plastic wrap and sticking them in the fridge before shooting each of them a text saying he’d saved them some.

“It should be interesting,” he continued, sitting across from her and handing her the other plate. Metal silverware clinked against clay plates. “If you wanted to go.”

He shoved a bite of the pasta into his mouth, looking down.

You want her to go, a shadow accused, sighing dramatically.

“You shut up,” Ezra muttered under his breath. Then, he turned his attention back to Veronika.

“What else is there to do?”

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

roman.

After a day spent singing over the whoosh of wind surging through the open windows as he and Emersyn sped down Ireland’s backroads, Roman could only hope that the hoarseness in his tone was nothing that a little water couldn’t fix. He should’ve known better than to do something like that, but Emersyn had a way of clouding his judgment. Swirls of ink on soft, pale skin; green eyes crinkled with mirth; and airy laughter were enough to subdue his turbulent mind—he was comfortably numb in a way that neither alcohol nor anything from his inventory could achieve.

Roman was brought down to Earth again, however, as soon as he was met with Axel’s irritated demeanor, even more so when the reality of his parting words set in.

If the night continued in that same tone, it was going to be a long one.

Needless to say, Roman was in no mood to make himself useful; instead, he leaned against one of the speakers, backpack in the pine needles at his feet and water bottle in hand as he watched his band mates do all the hard work from the corner of his eye. Then again, he would’ve done the same had he been better spirits—Roman simply wasn’t one for getting his hands dirty if he could avoid it.

Gradually, more and more people began to filter through the trees, bringing a life to the forest that it hadn’t seen in years at the school faculty’s insistence. Their forms were made nothing but dark silhouettes against the bright glow of the fire’s flickering flames as they bled in and out of the shadows. Overhead, burning ash spiraled between overhanging branches, but because of the blaze’s magical qualities, nothing caught fire that wasn’t supposed to.

The bonfire wasn’t the hottest thing in those woods, though—Emersyn had made sure of that.

It hadn’t been long since Roman had seen her last, but now, dressed in silk and leather, Emersyn was like something out of a dream, if only Keaton hadn’t been there to remind him that those dreams were no longer a part of his waking life. Still, Roman’s eyes flickered across her figure subconsciously, as they had so many times before, drinking her in as she approached.

Roman pushed off of the speaker, unable to help the smug smile that settled on his mouth as Emersyn easily left Keaton’s side to nestle into his own, his arm moving to wrap around her waist. He snorted at her teasing words. “You know me,” he said. “I’m just here to look pretty.”

When Emersyn’s lips found purchase on his cheek, Roman could tell they’d leave a mark, the sticky, wet gloss cooling his skin even as she pulled back. He’d wear the red print with pride for the rest of the evening—it was the perfect pop of color to accessorize his otherwise fairly monotone ensemble.

Roman hummed in vague agreement, gaze at last shifting to acknowledge Keaton’s presence. Despite what Roman assumed were the boy’s best efforts at dressing the part, it was clear he didn’t want to be there, and Roman wondered why the boy had come at all. Emersyn’s doing, most likely, which Roman wasn’t too fond of the idea of, but he couldn’t say he blamed Keaton—it was hard to say no to the Hawthorne girl, especially when she begged.

“Hey,” Roman said, nodding his head in greeting. “It’s, uh, nice to meet you.” As the sentence left his mouth, there was a somewhat obvious lack of sincerity, and he might’ve felt bad if he wasn’t fairly certain that Keaton felt the same.

MAMMAMIA

manëskin

♡coded by uxie♡

veronika.

• mood

so flustered omg

The door swung open to reveal a bare, tattooed chest—at least, that’s what Veronika saw first, as it was at eye-level, before her gaze slowly slid upward, cheeks dusted pink. “Neither did I,” she admitted, slipping past Ezra and into the room beyond.

A tickle at her arm drew Veronika’s attention downward to the wispy shadow that nudged against her like a curious dog underfoot, only much less…cute. It was strange, the way it acted of its own accord. Outside of Ezra, she’d never seen anything like it—a gift from her ancestors to his, and she supposed they must have been rather creative to have thought up such a thing. Ezra seemed to deal with it well, though, as he recalled the wayward shadow to his person.

Similarly to her own dorm room, there was a small table set up with two chairs on the outskirts of the kitchen, so, unsure of what else to do, Veronika cautiously took a seat, watching as Ezra returned to his cooking. A pop song she didn’t recognize played from a portable speaker on the counter, and the air was heavy with the aroma of herbs. Dull school interior aside, it felt like a home, and Veronika was out of place—an intruder. She wondered if Ezra could sense it to.

“It smells good,” Veronika complimented, glancing past Ezra at the pasta he poured into the sink, which she assumed held a colander just out of sight.

As Ezra passed her, crossing to the designated living room, Veronika averted her gaze to where her hands rested on the tabletop, fingers fiddling with her rings as she made a conscious effort not to gape at the way the Hearthstone boy’s muscles flexed when he pulled his shirt over his head. Truthfully, it was sickening that she felt tempted to do so at all, but beneath her hardened and stoic exterior, she was nothing but a teenage girl.

Finally looking up again, Veronika found Ezra smiling at her, and despite her best efforts to mirror his expression, she knew it looked forced—it wasn’t anything he’d done; most of her smiles were. Happiness seemed like an out-of-reach concept for her these days—in fact, she couldn’t remember the last time she hadn’t been painfully aware of the suffocating pressure of her family’s name weighing on her shoulders.

Across from her, a shadow had made its home on the table, and though it had no discernable face, Veronika was certain that it was regarding at her. She couldn’t help feeling like she was being held under the scrutinizing gaze of an overprotective family member, her worth being determined by its dark presence, and while Veronika wasn’t one to frighten easily, it felt ominous, like Esme in a mistier form.

“A little,” Veronika answered, at last tearing her eyes away from her more immediate company. She hadn’t noticed it before, as she often did when swept up in any kind of work, but her stomach had a noticeable emptiness, and she was suddenly much more grateful for Ezra’s invitation.

Brow furrowing, Veronika chewed on her bottom lip. “Right,” she said. “The party.” She’d conveniently forgotten about that particular bit of Ezra’s text. The mindset of “all work, no play” had been instilled in her as a child, and she’d done little to change that view, so why start now?

“That’s one way to put it,” Veronika mused, moving her hands out of the way as Ezra slid a plate full of pasta in her direction. “Thank you.” She picked up her accompanying fork, moving a couple of noodles around thoughtfully before continuing, “Parties aren’t really my thing.” She stopped short of saying she’d never actually been to one; that seemed like a lame thing to own up to, and she’d rather have Ezra under the impression that she’d given that lifestyle a try only to decide that she preferred to keep to herself.

Another shadow crept towards Ezra’s ear, and based on his reaction, he hadn’t liked whatever it had told him, though Veronika was none the wiser to its words—the most she could hear was a muffled hum, and as curious as she was to know what the pest had said, she had better manners than to pry. Besides, if it was anything worth mentioning, Ezra probably would have.

“I have…studying to do,” Veronika said, at last bringing a bite of food up to her mouth. It was partially true.

anti-hero

taylor swift

♡coded by uxie♡

cora.

• mood

happy

Cora had paused by the crackling edge of one of the bonfires, marveling at the flame that was warm, but didn’t burn. Curtesy of the Seculars standing in the corner looking strained, she was willing to bet. How Liv and Axel had talked them into doing it, she wasn’t sure, but she was certainly impressed.

Her eyes roved over the crowd, her honey brown gaze landing on someone for a brief moment and then moving on, once she realized it wasn’t who she was looking for.

The cold Irish wind stirred around her, ripping strands of curly blonde hair from her braid. She was just contemplating whether Eli was even at the party when, from the corner of her eye, a sudden movement out of the corner of her eye caught her attention. When the red solo cup came into sight in front of her, she turned around, eyes wide.

Only a few inches separated her the the chest of the intruder, and her eyes slid up, up, up…and was met with Eliot’s warm features, a grin spreading across her face. She accepted the proffered cup, sniffing at it before taking an admittedly large gulp.

Pineapple and coconut washed over her tongue, followed by the harsh burning in her throat that came with alcohol. A delicious warmth spread outwards from her stomach, what little nerves she did have seeping away and being replaced with liquid courage. He’d remember her drink.

The placebo effect was a powerful ally.

“You and everyone, it seems,” she responded brightly, grin spreading wider. While her rather gritty French accent butchered some of the English words, especially after a year back with her tribe, who didn’t speak a lick of the language, she’d never been insecure about it in front of him.

She looped her free arm around his back for a quick hug before pulling away, taking another sip of her drink with a pleased hum.

“You have to tell me everything,” she announced, with a rather dramatic sigh. “It feels like it’s been so long since—“ another sigh ensued, only more wistful this time, “—since I’ve been to school.”

Since Marina Hearthstone has sent her away. Since Davina and Esme had sneered at her, disgust written over their features. Since Ezrael had effectively ripped her heart out of her chest and stood by while they stomped on it.

But she didn’t say any of that, instead, she pasted another bright smile on her face, holding out her cups for cheers.

“Let’s make a toast,” she decided, nudging the taller boy with an elbow. Cora met his eyes. “Here’s to…”

A long silence followed as she considered.

“Here’s to us, I suppose. And to a hopefully relatively peaceful school year.”

happier than ever

billie eilish

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

khalani.

• mood

needs a drink

Khalani attempted to swat away the flick to her nose, but the contact was already made. Kai had always been quick, much to her dismay when it came to their teasing. “As long as you keep your mouth shut. Maybe you can keep yourself occupied by checking IDs at the liquor table,” The raven haired secular flashed a playful smile before passing through the door.

The drive to the party’s forbidden venue was mostly quiet, with Shiloh on her phone, twisting curls around her fingers with one hand while the other scrolled on this app & that one. Kai on the other hand seemed like the definition of a nervous wreck. His hands tightened & loosened sporadically on the wheel as he drove, his fingers tapping with a complete lack of rhythm, his teeth grinding every now & then. It wasn’t a shock that he would be stressed - if she was being honest, Khal wasn’t exactly looking forward to spending a night in the freezing wood that was clearly marked as off limits. But the things that Kai & Khal would do for Shiloh…

Once parked, Shiloh eagerly hopped out of the vehicle and all but slammed the door shut. The sharpness of the sound made Khal jump a bit before her gaze reverted back to the older Ward sibling. His stare was blank as hazel eyes looked forward, a sunset hue emitting streaks of light into the otherwise black blanket of the evening. Kai wasn’t one for breaking rules, more of an enforcer of them, though not by choice. More by decree of his mother. Disappointing her wasn’t an option, she hadn’t witnessed Kai doing so often. But this… it was obviously bugging him more than he would allow his little sister to see.

“It’ll be fine, I doubt we even stay that long,” Khal’s voice was gentle with the black-haired boy, though it rarely ever was with anyone else. “She’s gonna get cold, she’ll come to us when she’s ready to leave. You & I can drink it off how painfully boring this is gonna be once she’s back in her bed & asleep.” Khal jokingly pushed Kai’s arm, hoping to snap him out of his trance as she clicked the passenger door open. “C’mon, can’t put it off forever.”

The light that had stretched to the parking lot was burning brighter now as the three entered the clearing, a trio in black against the muted neutrals of the forest. Khal’s eyes flickered between her classmates- some snuggled up with a significant other, some cheering plastic cups together in celebration of some unknown thing to her, some moving equipment for what must be the live music that would ensue sooner or later. Overall, it looked fairly tame… looks can be deceiving though. A slender hand fell to Shiloh’s shoulder as Khal plastered a forced grin onto her painted lips, determined to do her best to fake her excitement for the younger Ward’s sake.

“Have fun, don’t drink anything that anyone else hands to you & stay in the clearing, okay?”

And she was off.

An odd sense of time lost washed over Khalani as she watched Shiloh practically skip off, her feet quick and her being radiating excitement. It wasn’t that she felt as though she was losing Shiloh, that wouldn’t be possible. But more that time had come and gone, and maybe she hadn’t spent enough time with her over these past few years.

“Well, if we’re gonna be here, I don’t want to be entirely sober.” The thoughts in her head were enough to make Khal want to leave already. A drink would help, it had to. Onyx eyes flicked to the tall statue of a man beside her, and from first glance she could tell that he too needed some sort of liquid distraction if he was going to last a night here, worried about his sister dressed as she was, worried about being here in the first place. She nudged him with her shoulder, it pushing into his bicep as a smirk played at her lips and a roll of her eyes escaped her control. “And you do too. Let’s go,”

cry for love

백현

♡coded by uxie♡

Davina Jacobs | Shifter : Vamp

• mood

ready to party

"Where the hell-- I know it was here somewhere," Davina muttered under her breath as she finally pushed herself up from her spot on the floor and folded her arms over her chest. A look of defeat flashed across her face as she glanced around the room at the mess she'd made due to her search efforts. "Oops."

Soooo, maybe pulling nearly every article of clothing out and tossing it behind her as she did wasn't the best idea because now it looked as if a tornado had passed through but whatever. She'd deal with the cleanup later, right now she had more pressing matters, like what jacket she was gonna replace her missing one with.

Honestly, it didn't matter what she wore because she knew she'd be hot in literally anything but this was her first soiree since returning and well, she'd practically dubbed it her welcome-back party. You couldn't walk into your own party and not be at your best, now could you? As if.

For a brief second, she'd thought about stealing one of her roommate's jackets, who also happened to be her ex because yes that was a nightmare she was currently living in, but then she'd decided against it. She did not need anyone jumping to fucking conclusions when she showed up in his clothes? Someone, like fucking Cora or Esme or who knows, that little librarian girl was sure to recognize it as his, and she just-- anyway.

Last-minute outfit change it was! Dav peeled the shirt she'd previously chosen off, tossing it onto the floor and stepping over the mountain of clothes piled up to get to her closet for another look at what was still hanging up. "Oooo," her eyes lit up a little as she pulled a black and red dress from the hanger, slipping it on.

A pair of boots, the ones chunky heels to combat the grass and dirt of the woods, that she'd compelled a manager from that store in NY to give her for free were begging to be worn with it so she pulled them out and made her way to the full-length mirror to give herself the once over with the completed look. A groan escaped her lips, though, as she realized she still needed the jacket and she quickly made her way to Ezra's room.

Whatever. If someone mentioned anything about it being his, she'd snap their neck anyway so what did it really matter? Fuck them. The brunette reached into his closet and pulled out a black leather jacket that he would probably not be getting back because let's face it, it looked better on her anyway. "Perfect." she purred, pulling it on and leaving his closet door wide open as she headed out for the party.

-----

Looking around, Dav had to admit, Liv threw a pretty good party which was a pleasant surprise for what she'd been ready to walk into. Look, she had her expectations set based on what she'd seen of Liv okay? She could be... you know... you know.

Anyway, they had pulled out a small speaker system so the music was going and the playlist wasn't riddled with "Barbie Girl" or some like Hannah Montana shit. There were no kiddie things like balloons and bubble machines, another major plus. Not a theme or weird costume in sight. She was slightly impressed.

"Mix me a drink, heavy on the vodka," Davina demanded at one of the guys near the drink table that had been set up. "What? I'm not here to mak-" the boy began to protest but Davina didn't bother to let him finish. Instead, the brunette leaned in closer, her eyes locking with his as she repeated herself.

Five seconds later, she had a perfectly made drink in her manicured hand complete with a straw and everything. "Appreciate you babes," she called out as the clearly confused boy stumbled away and back to his friend group. Just before she could enjoy her refresher, a branch cracking nearby rung in her ears, causing her to turn quickly in search of the source.

"Liv, hello." she greeted, "Do you check in on all of your party guests or do I get the pleasure of considering myself VIP?" she grinned, taking a sip of her drink before placing it down on the table beside them. Her eyes followed Liv's gaze to where her boyfriend and his fiancé (yeah, what the fuck) were setting up the small stage-like area. "So, that's still a thing, huh?" her distaste obvious.

"I don't get how you're still not worried about this little arrangement..." she added air quotes to the last word. "But you're better than me, I suppose" she let out a laugh but there was an obvious sarcasm lingering in her words. "I'd have just ripped out one, or both, of their hearts by now. Problem solved. Can't be engaged if you aren't alive," she shrugged, picking her cup back up and downing some of it's contents.

Before she could make any further comments on the matter, Liv was telling her about how some of the other vampires had... other drinks to offer to which she scrunched up her nose. "I'd actually rather die a thousand times over, but thanks. I brought a little from home anyway," she pulled the flask from her purse, dropping it back in just as quickly. "AB positive," she added with a wink.

She had smuggled a little in when they dragged her ass back, thanks to Riley for being so gracious to holding onto it for her until she was cleared from the council's quarters. It was hardly enough to last before she'd have to actually resort to drinking the horrid diet these people had resrticted them to though.

That's why she was already hatching a plan to find some REAL blood bags and she was gonna talk her newest little friend here into helping—just a matter of time before she gave in. Look, could you blame her? The deer blood was so sickly sweet, like someone added a whole bag of sugar to their maple syrup. And ignore Liv saying it was bitter, it wasn't, the girl was just out of her mind.

"I still can't believe all these vampires are actually going along with this animal blood rule, it's insane. You know it's just a way to control us, right? Easier to keep us in line when we aren't at our best. Like little lambs to the slaughter," if her eyes rolled back any further she could've caught a glance at her own brain. Call her crazy but she just didn't understand how these so called vampires were actually partaking in drinking the god-awful liquid. Then again, they were of the weaker minded, all morally charged and okay with being shoved down by rules and what not. It was pathetic.

"Not us though, Livvy," brown eyes flashing back to the younger girl in front of her, she spoke the words as if Liv could hear the ones before it going through her mind. "You and I are smarter than that which is why we're gonna go get us some real drinks. I looked the hospital up. We can take Riley's car. He won't even notice, as long as we don't scratch it up. Or your boyfriend's, though, he strikes me as a dirty pickup truck kinda guy and..." another chug of her drink and it was gone.

"Just ew. Plus, I don't want his hair sticking to my clothes. Even with a lint-roller it's a chore to get off you," she continued, waving away the idea. "Anyway, we can compel some of the nurses into giving us a pair of their little scrubs and no one will ever give it a second thought. You're not still scared, right?" she raised a brow. "I mean, no way do you enjoy drinking deer. And what's next when they run out of that? Fox? Badger? Get real."

raise hell

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back