• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Nightmares of Barovia

OOC
Here
The first light of the morning saw Rolph on his knees in prayer to Nyx, asking for safe passage during this journey and for her to give them the strength they would need to overcome a mission like this. Once his devotions were finished, he strapped his shield to his back and went out to meet everyone else. This was going to be challenging but what was life without a little challenge?

The road through the Svallich woods is uneventful, if not dark. At some times it is difficult to see the road ahead of you. Sometimes it is the black pools of water, but more often than not , it is the fault of the fog. You could swear that, as you go further in, the accursed mist grows thicker than thicker, swallowing the road behind you.

After five long hours of walking, large iron and stone gates seem to come into view. On either side of these impressive gates stand guardian statues, though they are now headless, which you know by the fact that their heads are on the ground, covered with weeds.

As you approach the gates, they swing open, welcoming you.

"Swinging open gates, with no one around to open them." Piper hummed as she looked around. The dark mist, the headless statues with their heads on the floor overgrown with vegetation. It didn't take a genius to notice the omens, to feel the cold nip her heels.

"Well dears we've walked all this way on a whim and a request. Time to see it through." Piper spoke up jovially, it would be stupid to walk back to the inn they left; not to mention that Piper didn't want to. It was five hours, her feet were sore enough thank you.

The journey had been little trouble to Keleth. She had gotten used to that sort of thing. It was waiting to get to her destination that annoyed her. She had gotten tired of waiting for things to come.
“Yes” she says to Piper. She tries to open the gate.

Thank the gods for our recent adventures on foot. Five hours of walking two years ago would have wrecked my feet for days. Today, they're merely sore. The growing mists and darkness give me an ominous feeling that the next days would push as past our limits. Without much thought, I blurt out what I'm thinking.

"Whatever happens next, we need to stick together. Keep each other safe. I think we're stepping into more than we first thought." The opening gates absent guards to open them further solidify the fear growing in my chest.

as you walk through the gates, the mist seems to thicken instantly, and the doors shut behind you. it feels as if the light level has dropped significantly, going from a bright noon ray to a dim overcast

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

out of the corner of your eye, you are quick to spot something that was almost completly missed. A corpse, lying on the side of the roadx proppe

"Creepy ~." Piper sang as she walked through the gates. The immediate loss of light from a sumny day to a dim cloudy mess had the woman believe that they could be dealing with a curse. Mayhaos the affliction attacking the woman in the note could have the curse extending to the rest of the town. Its been a while since she's dealt with a curse, so Piper couldn't help but feel curious and even excited at the thought of the adventure awaiting them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back