• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

"Nightmare Monster League"

LiviathRose

Eliminating the Heart
Thank you for taking interest to see what this is all about. I present to you my latest project "Nightmare Monster League"! It's a game and a roleplay, fun! (The name might change...)
Just so you don't have to read everything before figuring it out, this RP includes:
  • Various of Activities
  • Monster Capture System
  • Stat and Dice Systems
  • Missions and Boss Fights
  • Reward System
  • Open Creativity
  • Leadboards (PvP)

" Your character is summoned to a foreign universe in the pits of an odd competition however, you're not the only one. Many different people from all different universes have come in hopes of taking the top rank and going home. While you may have specialized skills, there is a suppression field that is making nearly impossible to use most of those skills and is forcing you to partaking in a monster capturing system to rise in ranks. Those that refuse to participate have been zapped, for a lack of better terms, so don't slack off! Ready to get started!? "

Now, there are some things still being tweaked as we speak and I'll be listing on how dice rolls work as there is a different dice for each scenario (since I realize some people want to see how things actually work). But this is just an interest check, which will help me develop certain area to meet others needs. If you are interested, please let me know and PLEASE, ask all the questions in the world because it helps me too.
The only thing I ask is if you could let me know if you use Discord or not.
If everyone uses Discord, it will make things a lot easier...

Oh, I forgot. I will probably be starting with a limited number of slots as I am just a single person. However, if I can find a Co-GM or two to help keep things going while I sleep, that would open a lot more slots for people to play.
As I was working on this idea, half-way through I realized how much it sounded like another...game. To an extent. At first I was like, "F--, what am I doing? " Then another part of me was like, "F-- it, let's roll with it. So, please don't make any comments like, "Hey, this is really like ...." because I know. Just where my mind took me to on this project.

• Creating a character in "Nightmare Monster League" is the perfect opportunity to dish out some of your long forgotten characters that been sitting in your catalog. Or create new ones specifically designed for this purpose. Either way, it's a great time to use your creativity that may usually not be accepted. The only exception is that no matter your character, powers are simplified for the sake of the Roleplay later on.
    Every character begins the same way on how they came to be, they were summoned to this unknown universe through a realistic vision of a portal. (and perhaps a hand grabbing you, who knows.)

When creating your character, you'll need the following:
    • An Image (Your image will be used to create small ID cards for the Leaderboard)
    • Stats (More in-depth on the "Stat System" Tab. It's very simplified to fit all levels of experience)
    • Your Class (Any class is accepted, so be as unusual as you want. You are coming from a whole other universe. However..
      • Characters don't have any extreme abilities, so keep this in mind especially for magic. Guns are okay to use but they are unmodified and could be restricted in some ways. Think of your powerful character reverting back to Level 1.
      • Fandom lover are able to use original characters from a show or game. However, they will likely be stripped on their abilities or greatly weakened.
      • Any questions about your character of what may or may not be accepted, feel free to message me. I'll work with you.
    • Strength (What does your character excel at?)
    • Weakness (What do they not excel at?)
    • Abilities or Items (Those that don't have abilities can bring items with them as long as they are nothing "ridiculous".)
    • Mini-Background (What is the fun of a character with no story?)

I've never had been involved on a rp with a dice system and stats, but this one sounds cool. I'm interested, my only question would be if you're making the monsters and how many? I know they're not pokemon but... I kind of want to know if there's a list or something

I've never had been involved on a rp with a dice system and stats, but this one sounds cool. I'm interested, my only question would be if you're making the monsters and how many? I know they're not pokemon but... I kind of want to know if there's a list or something
Great question. The monsters are actually from different universes or from different content. So for instance, you could encounter a monster from the D&D universe or something from Final Fantasy. I’m thinking about everyone pitching in and giving ideas from different games/shows since I’m no Wikipedia.
As far as a list goes, there could be a list of monsters already encountered but there will be no pre-made list as everything is randomized from a generator.

Great question. The monsters are actually from different universes or from different content. So for instance, you could encounter a monster from the D&D universe or something from Final Fantasy. I’m thinking about everyone pitching in and giving ideas from different games/shows since I’m no Wikipedia.
As far as a list goes, there could be a list of monsters already encountered but there will be no pre-made list as everything is randomized from a generator.
Huh. Well, I'd be interested, however I'm still thinking if this is good or not. Literacy is my big thing (although making a character sheet isnt my strong point).

If your main issue is literacy, I can assist. I’m not sure what the problem may be though when it comes to reading or writing. There is a lack of writing compared to other RPs (but not absent either). As far as reading goes, if you are dyslexic or have other handicaps, I’m sure we can find a way to assist you.
Then the character sheets are pretty simple but I can help you on that too, step by step.
Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel

Last edited:
If your main issue is literacy, I can assist. I’m not sure what the problem may be though when it comes to reading or writing. There is a lack of writing compared to other RPs (but not absent either). As far as reading goes, if you are dyslexic or have other handicaps, I’m sure we can find a way to assist you.
Then the character sheets are pretty simple but I can help you on that too, step by step.
Kingly K Duel Kingly K Duel

Huh. I see. Well, that's good to know! Just let me know when you get around to posting the CS page then.

I'm interested. This does seem like a fun game/roleplay thing to help pass the time. Yes, I do use discord. (Yeah this sounds like a lot like Pokemon, sure, but I think that is what makes it appealing for me. Nothing wrong with that. Pokemon is a fun idea that is really popular and a lot of other games, albeit mostly mobile, utilize the same system as Pokemon because it just works. People like grinding to catch powerful monsters. I hope this takes off, sounds super cool!)

Last edited:
Thank you for your feedback, however at this time I am just not 100% sure on the "take off".
Reactions were low though it's not a "ditched" idea either as there have been minor things revised since original. I been having a hard time decided if I should launch it or not. Like you said, it's just something to pass time and I am not sure people are up for that.

Hey don't get discouraged, I think this is an ambitious project that you'd have to dump a lot of time into. If people aren't showing much interest and the motivation isn't there, then don't force yourself. Just come back and try again later when you're feeling up to the task. I really liked this idea and even though it would be a fun way to pass the time, I think I'd enjoy it. Not really a lot of roleplaying, which is fine, it's like a forum game. Just interacting with other people, grinding to try and capture cool monsters, which I, myself, find really appealing. Whatever you decide to do though, I wish you the best of luck!:)

Thank you for your kind words. :)
My biggest worry is due to the lack of interest, I don't want the already existing to get bored because no one new is joining meaning lack of competition. Then I have to scramble of a way to keep them interested which more than likely just wouldn't happen. Thanks again and if you have any suggestions, I would love to hear them.

You're welcome! I understand, I've managed a few roleplays that died because of the lack of people and interest. It can be super discouraging. My advice it to just refine what you have and post it again, maybe in the groups section? I feel like it might do better there, despite this being a dice oriented roleplay. Most of the people looking at the dice interest checks are looking for campaigns and stuff similar, so I can understand why those types wouldn't be interested. As for suggestions, I'm not entirely sure, I love what you have going on, and like you mentioned it is just in the interest check stage at the moment. If you ever elaborate on it further in the future by trying to restart this project I'll definitely throw in my two cents then!

Wouldn't they remove the post then? That is pretty frustrating alone, and I even thought about doing so prior. Anyways, I'll keep you updated. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back