• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐’ฉ๐’พ๐‘”๐’ฝ๐“‰ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ธ๐“ป | OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
I suspect people are both busy and assumed you're lenient on the "posting once a week" rule. Even though I believe plot-driven rps do require posting regularly by the majority of the group members because they're relying heavily on quick character interactions and reactionary posts in response to plot's obstacles. Not so much on exposition and heavy internal dialogue like character-driven stories might.

Additionally, I noticed a lot of writers associate good writing with post length, so they feel compelled to produce multiple paragraphs for each post. Which can be more time- and energy-consuming and affects their frequency. This is a pity because I believe it's a false notion. Sometimes carefully crafted two paragraphs can be much more powerful than a page of out-of-place retrospective (which has its time and place otherwise).

That said, I do agree that it might be a good idea to check who is still on board. If not enough people to continue then maybe consider re-opening applications for a one or two more. Even though I did love our cast in it's original shape and size, those usually change over time.

Yeah, this is a long project, so I want people to post once a week so things can move on. I did specify that it can be honestly just one paragraph, especially if the interaction is just a conversation. I think I wrote that somewhere didn't I? That I at least wanted something like five sentences and not one liners. Because I understand people are busy.

I'm going to sit down later and tag people to see if they reply, because it seems like some might've just abandoned the RP. If that's the case then yes, I'll reopen the applications. Thank you :)

Yeah, true. It's hard to call the last weeks a reliable test of people's interest/frequency, especially judging we're still at a slow moment. So let's not lose hope I guess.

Maybe we should wrap it up with the next posts Processed Stardust Processed Stardust and just skip straight to the fun stuff ? Might make players more lively once shit hits the fan. Just an idea though.
I don't plan to drag this much, but it would go faster if people actually posted, you know? lol This SoL part isn't very long. There are certain things I want to show, and the transition between normalcy and the apocalypse has certain elements I want you guys to see. A big part of this is precisely experiencing the transition, discovering the new reality and only after a while would you get used to the apocalypse. I didn't want to start with a time jump to the apocalypse, the idea is to show the struggle between changing realities.

I don't plan to drag this much, but it would go faster if people actually posted, you know? lol This SoL part isn't very long. There are certain things I want to show, and the transition between normalcy and the apocalypse has certain elements I want you guys to see. A big part of this is precisely experiencing the transition, discovering the new reality and only after a while would you get used to the apocalypse. I didn't want to start with a time jump to the apocalypse, the idea is to show the struggle between changing realities.
Yeah, I totally get that. I agree, people should just post a para or so of dialogue so we can move forward. Damn you novella writers making it look like size matters!!

Yeah, I totally get that. I agree, people should just post a para or so of dialogue so we can move forward. Damn you novella writers making it look like size matters!!
Exactly. It's fun to write ten paragraphs for a post, but it definitely can sour the experience for other players who are just looking for something more casual. It sets a high standard, as if that's what we should be doing.

Exactly. It's fun to write ten paragraphs for a post, but it definitely can sour the experience for other players who are just looking for something more casual. It sets a high standard, as if that's what we should be doing.
Yeah, high quality writing should be the priority, not the length... But I'll stop beating a dead horse and wait for others to arrive with their posts to save the day! ๐ŸŽ

Sorry I've been radio silent again, still working on the move. Life's been busy for me.

hey everyone, somethingโ€™s come up in my personal life and iโ€™ve become unable to handle the same volume of rpโ€™s as i could, so iโ€™ve decided to drop the ones that are less active/donโ€™t have a discord since i find it easier to keep up on there, so i will be dropping this rp. i hope the rp works out and i wish everyone the best of luck!

hey everyone, somethingโ€™s come up in my personal life and iโ€™ve become unable to handle the same volume of rpโ€™s as i could, so iโ€™ve decided to drop the ones that are less active/donโ€™t have a discord since i find it easier to keep up on there, so i will be dropping this rp. i hope the rp works out and i wish everyone the best of luck!
I hope it's nothing bad or serious and I wish you all the best! Thank you for letting me know ๐Ÿค—

I've just been preoccupied as of late, but I'll post again soon enough.
That's okay. Like I said, I'm more worried about people who haven't showed up at all.

Looks to me, judging from recent messages and some missing peeps, that our current cast is:

Processed Stardust (boss girl)
_em_ (twins)
II-CinderRadcliff-II (cop girl)
Noivian (camera girl)
NaughtiDoti (college girl)
Baradour Gislisson (older guy with fam)
Bullyboy Squad (Buster with his friend)

Or am I missing someone?

Edit: Oh, and BeyondDandy (ex-con guy) once they join.

Last edited:
Looks to me, judging from recent messages and some missing peeps, that our current cast is:

Processed Stardust (boss girl)
_em_ (twins)
II-CinderRadcliff-II (cop girl)
Noivian (camera girl)
NaughtiDoti (college girl)
Baradour Gislisson (older guy with fam)
Bullyboy Squad (Buster with his friend)

Or am I missing someone?

Edit: Oh, and BeyondDandy (ex-con guy) once they join.
I mean, that's the original size I was going for, so in the end it's okay. I just have a hard time when people ghost, I find it utterly disrespectful. You agree to have the GM/partner spend time and effort on this game and then disappear.

I mean, that's the original size I was going for, so in the end it's okay. I just have a hard time when people ghost, I find it utterly disrespectful. You agree to have the GM/partner spend time and effort on this game and then disappear.
Yeaaah, that's unfortunately how some folks roll. Hopefully our remaining cast catches good momentum.

Its been a week since the last post IC, is it worth posting again, pushing the time onwards a bit towards / into night and try to move onwards ?
Would be very disappointed if this didnt take off as was looking forwards to it, not found an rp which has lasted more than a couple of months so far :-(

Its been a week since the last post IC, is it worth posting again, pushing the time onwards a bit towards / into night and try to move onwards ?
Would be very disappointed if this didnt take off as was looking forwards to it, not found an rp which has lasted more than a couple of months so far :-(
Yeah, this rp is one of my favorite types. Realistic setting with a lot of challenging situations and drama to come. Plot-driven so there's no worry about it getting stale. And the concept and GM are both cool, so I'm surprised it turns out like this!

Yeah, this rp is one of my favorite types. Realistic setting with a lot of challenging situations and drama to come. Plot-driven so there's no worry about it getting stale. And the concept and GM are both cool, so I'm surprised it turns out like this!

Yeah, we can continue. I'm going to open slots again and see if more people apply. But that might have to wait a couple of days, father's day weekend is going to be a bit busy. I'm a messy GM, so that probably put people off. But at the same time, people make a commitment and then disappear. It's very disrespectful and disappointing. A lot of people don't care about ghosting, but I put time and effort into this and I'm not less important than anyone else. If you're going to dip you owe it to me to tell me that. Everyone's just so used to thinking they're more important because it's more convenient to ghost in the internet era than to take literally one minute to type a message and say "hey, I'm sorry but I'm no longer interested". There's no excuse.

Yeah, we can continue. I'm going to open slots again and see if more people apply. But that might have to wait a couple of days, father's day weekend is going to be a bit busy. I'm a messy GM so that probably put people off. But at the same time, people make a commitment and then disappear. It's very disrespectful and disappointing. A lot of people don't care about ghosting, but I put time and effort into this and I'm not less important than anyone else. If you're going to dip you owe it to me to tell me that. Everyone's just so used to thinking they're more important because it's more convenient to ghost in the internet era than to take literally one minute to type a message and say "hey, I'm sorry but I'm no longer interested". There's no excuse.

Take your time, Star. Hopefully, more peeps apply once you reopen applications :3

Maybe we could even continue our small group (of whoever is still on board and excited to continue) and the newcomers could be from another spot around the Point Reyes like Baradour's family? That way we wouldn't have to pause our rp and they could join whenever. But that's as always, just an idea. I'm cool with pausing as well.

" I'm a messy GM, so that probably put people off" , I've not done a lot of rp's here on rpnation, or indeed at all for many years. but I've not seen anything you've done which would as a disincentive to take part. Its down to individuals and I guess folk express an interest / start more rps than they are able / intend to do, combined with that ever awkward real life means some people drop out or dont get started. Letting you know would just be polite but on the internet in general its best to try not to let it get to you, and don't forgot, some people may feel bad about letting you down so want to avoid that.
II-CinderRadcliff-II II-CinderRadcliff-II You're still here, that's plenty :-)
Noivian Noivian was still expressing an interest last week

Not sure on the protocol or if its worth dropping a note to those who created characters just to see if they are still interested ? They took the time to create characters after all.

Its not (pardon the pun) the end of the world just yet :-)

ah i was pinged

yes sorry for radio silence, the last five days have been eaten up moving, and the three before i was helping with a server launch. i've really not had time to post since a week ago.

but i will get a post up once i wake up tomorrow. it is late and i am tired.

I tried for about an hour to get a post up, but my creative juices are currently unable to flow. I'll try to post within the week, but I might end up dropping out if I'm still unable to post.

Hey Processed Stardust Processed Stardust , just wanted to say that I am still very much on board and excited for this!

But also, don't feel like you have to reopen this in case you lost heart for this roleplay yourself. I'm sure everyone who's still in will understand. Otherwise I'm keen to see who might apply to join us!

Hey Processed Stardust Processed Stardust , just wanted to say that I am still very much on board and excited for this!

But also, don't feel like you have to reopen this in case you lost heart for this roleplay yourself. I'm sure everyone who's still in will understand. Otherwise I'm keen to see who might apply to join us!
I spent all week thinking about this, that's why I didn't post anything else. Looks like there isn't interest enough in keeping this going, only you and Baradour Baradour were really invested in this. I'm going to try to reopen the slots and see what happens, but if people aren't interested there's not much I can do about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back