• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐’ฉ๐’พ๐‘”๐’ฝ๐“‰ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ธ๐“ป | OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
oh gosh- i just wanted the name of the rpg you're basing things off of so that i can avoid it while doing my own apocalypse rpg research. i wasn't asking for a plot run down. sorry โค๏ธ

oh gosh- i just wanted the name of the rpg you're basing things off of so that i can avoid it while doing my own apocalypse rpg research. i wasn't asking for a plot run down. sorry โค๏ธ
OH, I see oops. I misunderstood. I'll delete the plot then so no one looks at it lol. I doubt you'll come across it during research. I learned about this book because I was doing research specifically on zombie roleplays, and it still took me a while to find this.

But if you see the name of the roleplay (night of the meteor) or the name of the book then just avoid it, because I'm using the same name the book uses for the scenario.

BeyondDandy BeyondDandy I'm really sorry, I didn't read your post until now. I get really busy from Friday to Sunday and don't really check my phone, so I probably accidentally dismissed the notification before seeing it. Great post! I'm curious to see Jennifer's reaction when she sees him.

I was also trying to wait before posting any further, as I hadn't noticed any 'particular' response to my stuff yet. So I suppose I feel up for the time skip whenever you all are.

Great! I was gonna tell you, if we skip in the next post, you can keep writing on the "old" timeline because he was gonna meet his fiancรฉ so the time skip would affect that.
Yea I didnโ€™t want to make a super long post or post back to back so Iโ€™ll just continue the story after the timeskip.

Just waiting on the big reveal, since it is safe to assume that my girl pretty just had a labor scare and can safely just go to the park off-screen.

Alright folks, sounds like Sistros might be a bit busy. Let's hope they come back. It looks they haven't been online for a while, so hopefully, everything is okay.

You know how weekends are for me, I'm always busy cause it's the only time of the week I'm able to spend with my boyfriend, so I'll work on the post for the time jump later today.

Alright folks, sounds like Sistros might be a bit busy. Let's hope they come back. It looks they haven't been online for a while, so hopefully, everything is okay.

You know how weekends are for me, I'm always busy cause it's the only time of the week I'm able to spend with my boyfriend, so I'll work on the post for the time jump later today.
Awesome!

@Baradour, SeaTea SeaTea , BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 , Bullyboy Squad Bullyboy Squad , _em_ _em_ , @myst.erion, BeyondDandy BeyondDandy , Sistros Sistros

Sorry for the double tag, but there it is! The much-anticipated meteor shower. I have a little homework for you guys.

Either answer here or DM me the following: How would your character react, what would they do, and where would they go first, when the zombie apocalypse started? That means if they were on the street and suddenly saw a bunch of zombies coming their way, what would their course of action be? Use their personality, knowledge, background, etc., to answer this. It doesn't need to be narrated or detailed, just give me a brief answer like "they would be scared and look for a weapon", "they wouldn't know what to do and would panic". I'm asking this so I can have a better understanding of our cast and from knowing that I can maybe create a better (meaning: worse) scenario.

Processed Stardust Processed Stardust
How would your character react?
She is a week away from giving birth, so Justina would be outright appalled and horrified. Due to her pregnancy, she would have very limited mobility, so outrunning zombies would be out of the questions if she had to escape on-foot.

What would they do?
Probably fall into a brief anxiety attack, followed by calming down because she will realize that she can trigger the onset of labor, which would leave her significantly more vulnerable. Other then that, she'd lock all the doors, close all the blinds and put a Help Sign out on her bedroom window while trying to figure out how to signal First Responders' Helicopters.

Where would they go first?
Stay home and listen to the Emergency Broadcast while hoping for the best. Probably also go find her 'Bug-Out' Bag.

Note: Although she is in good shape as an Extreme Athlete, her limitations would have her an extreme disadvantage if a large group of zombies saw her. Stealth is her Best Friend until after she recovers from Childbirth. If her baby starts crying while she is trying to be stealthy, Justina knows full well that she is quick on her feet. So once that baby cries, she'd best be ready to sprint.

@Baradour, SeaTea SeaTea , BloodThunder27 BloodThunder27 , Bullyboy Squad Bullyboy Squad , _em_ _em_ , @myst.erion, BeyondDandy BeyondDandy , Sistros Sistros

Sorry for the double tag, but there it is! The much-anticipated meteor shower. I have a little homework for you guys.

Either answer here or DM me the following: How would your character react, what would they do, and where would they go first, when the zombie apocalypse started? That means if they were on the street and suddenly saw a bunch of zombies coming their way, what would their course of action be? Use their personality, knowledge, background, etc., to answer this. It doesn't need to be narrated or detailed, just give me a brief answer like "they would be scared and look for a weapon", "they wouldn't know what to do and would panic". I'm asking this so I can have a better understanding of our cast and from knowing that I can maybe create a better (meaning: worse) scenario.
Great post!

Greg, when sober, would definitely be stunned but intrigued. If zombies were slow/not strong and just one nearby at first, he would totally poke fun and try to talk to it, assuming that the zombie looks and acts like a sick/incoherent human (not a monster yet). If it looked like a monster he might even kick it down "for fun", to see what it will do.

If the zombie(/s) was an active and instant threat he'd grab whatever could make for a weapon to stop it. Whether by trying to keep it away at first or to kill it instantly. He'd be capable of killing a man even though his first instinct wouldn't be to kill (still assuming they seem more human than monster, if they look like actual monsters then his instinct would be to annihilate).

But, Greg won't be sober that night. So if anything happens now his decisions will be affected by intoxication. If shit goes south in the morning then he's just having a hangover. Maybe. Or maybe he was drinking till early morning and is still drunk haha. I'll decide when typing my post.

He would probably go to Daniel's house first. Greg doesn't have any relatives in the States. But his eventual destination would be a certain cabin in the woods he knows is well supplied (it belongs to one of his hunting buddies). Though once he's in a group he'd stick to it and could be easily swayed to change destinations if it made sense in his brain or...promised more fun xp

hey! i was just about to work on a couple characters and i was wondering if anyone would be interested in discussing some pre-established relationships < 3
they're going to be two men, one in his early twenties and the other in his mid thirties. pm me if you're interested!

hey! i was just about to work on a couple characters and i was wondering if anyone would be interested in discussing some pre-established relationships < 3
they're going to be two men, one in his early twenties and the other in his mid thirties. pm me if you're interested!
Hi, welcome! They could still be part of the stargazing group if you'd like that.

okay awesome! i still need to read through the first ic posts so i can understand whatโ€™s going on lol
Sounds good! So far they've only sat around and spoke to some neighboring campers, which are characters that aren't in the stargazing group but that will participate in the RP. It started on the night of the meteor shower, a few hours before it happened. I made the time jump to the actual meteor shower yesterday, so it's still pretty early in the story.

Processed Stardust Processed Stardust submitted my characters!
I love them! Very unique and creative, I like seeing this diversity in our cast. You can put them in the city of San Francisco, in the Sky Campground at Point Reyes (about an hour and a half north of SF) if you do this then they would probably be in a hotel in SF but camping there for the shower, or in a location in the SF Bay Area, as long as you find a reason for them to be in SF the next morning. I hope this is clear, but let me know if you have questions.

I've also asked the players to answer a few questions about the characters, it's a couple of posts above.

Feel free to post IC whenever you want. I skipped to the shower, but you can write about their time before the shower and work up to it if you want.

nii definitely would have insisted that they sleep in his truck before spending money on a hotel lol but yes, likely camping at the sky campground with the rest of the group for the night.

i think i'll save my first ic post for when stuff starts to happen; we can just say that kahil and nii kept mostly to themselves because kahil was feeling introverted, so nothing but insignificant interactions occurred.

as for the questions:
nii has had a rather unsheltered life and has witnessed a lot of people-caused chaos. he has had to think fast in dangerous situations before and doesn't view life-threatening circumstances as particularly strange. so he'd be quite capable of shifting into 'survivor mode' as soon as it became clear that some weird, unpredictable shit was going down.
kahil, on the other hand, has been totally sheltered because of his wealth, so even though he would be able to recognize that clear-headed thinking was required, he'd be unable to stop himself from panicking and making dumb decisions. he has never had to switch gears so dramatically before for anything and he would definitely be crippled by his own sense of disbelief around what was happening.
so basically, together, kahil would be convincing himself that he's dreaming while nii would be thinking about next steps and dragging him along, both mentally and physically.

because of where nii's from and where he's most comfortable, he would immediately try to get them as close to the ocean as possible. also kahil would instinctively prioritize getting away from other people, which would clash hard with nii's urge to gather a community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back