• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern ๐’ฉ๐’พ๐‘”๐’ฝ๐“‰ ๐‘œ๐’ป ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“œ๐“ฎ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ๐“ธ๐“ป | IC (NEW SLOTS OPEN)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Nate Fairfield.png

Nate followed the conversation between the Cameron and Chloe with a bit of trepidation. He honestly had not meant to be off putting to anybody especially given that he hadn't expected anybody else to have joined his Uncle and himself at this camping spot.

"Well, nice to meet you...uh, Chloe. Again, sorry about the trouble and all that."

He turned his attention back to Cameron with an easy going smile. "Yeah sure man, I'll play. I play myself. I mean I haven't been doing it too long mind you, but uh, folks say I've got 'potential' or something like that."

Nate chuckled as he motioned with the football he was holding so that the two of them could move further away from the fire. He definitely wanted to avoid nearly beaming someone with the leather ball again.

George Fairfield.png

"Oh I reckon it's fixin' to start any time now. Though me personally I don't know how well we'll end up seeing it. Now if we were out to sea, ah now there would be a sight to behold. " George coughed as he stuck an old pipe into his mouth. He started reaching for a match before he stopped and decided against it. The campfire was already kicking up enough smoke, best not to add to it.

"Anyway, a pleasure to meet you Phil. I'm certainly glad to have more than teens and twenty somethings or whatnot running around out here. Good to have some men around to take care of things." George chuckles as takes a moment to regard the night sky before speaking again.

"So, you folks out here for some rest and relaxation yourselves? I know my boy Nate couldn't wait to drag me off of the ocean fast enough to get me to 'relax'."

mentions: _em_ _em_ , Baradour Baradour

exUxuiF.png
ytd.jpg
Daniel's alarmed body remained tense after the initial surge of heat that washed over him when the ball flew past his face. He barely registered girl's words. Still distracted by the football spook and by Greg choking on his drink, he promptly reassured Brielle. "No problem." His lips twitching into a nervous smile.

The young man turned to pick up the candy, adding without confidence. "S'mores are my specialty." What? Why would he say that! Daniel was never a sweet tooth, even when he was little. He didn't actually like those gooey blobs for Christ's sake!

Still mentally scolding himself he glanced over towards Phil's boy. "Hey, Andy. Would you like to help me with these? It's easy." Is it?? He wasn't skewering marshmallows since the last time he was camping, which was centuries ago! Okay, okay, relax, not like it's rocket science... It's just...he really didn't want to do anything stupid, knowing she's watching... Was she watching...?

"Just pick one of the sticks." He gestured at the pile of them scattered at the fringes of the campsite. "But be careful, the tip is extremely spiky." Because Buster had to show off with his spring knife earlier... At least he did something useful with it for once.

Last edited:

CASEY GUIDRY

Before

The silent room grew still as Casey began to wake from reverie. He turned to face the lawyer before him, listening to the explanation of his charges. At moments he would daze away from the conversation and have flashes of the event that forced his future incarceration. He looked away again, his lawyer's voice becoming silent - lips still moving as she continued to speak into deaf ears. Suddenly Casey felt sharp nails clinch his wrist, forcing him to snap out of his trance and face the lawyer again. His eyes grew wide as he looked down to see the woman's right hand wrapped around his left wrist, pinching his skin unintentionally. "Listen Casey, I know this isn't an optimal time to be doing this, but we have to act quickly. If we take this plea deal you can be out in eight to ten with reduced sentence. You understand what that means correct?" she spoke out, attempting to the job she was hired for but still considerate to Casey's current state of mind.

Casey heard her. All of her words and understood the severity of what was going on. The flashes went away as he officially returned to the present - feeling the stillness of the enclosed room yet again. He looked at his reflection through the large security mirror that separated him from the lawman that held his cuffed him at the crime scene. He still had dried blood around his face and hands, not having been able to wash himself fully in the bathroom earlier. He felt his eyes grow heavy as he looked down at the table again, fiddling his fingers with worry. "Will I be able to see her?" he asked.

"Yes Casey, you will have full visitation rights."

Now

Entering the city was beyond Casey's expectations, the vast nightly ambience as people prepared for the meteor shower was unsettling. Reaching the hotel Jennifer was said to be staying in was another story. Standing outside of his car, Casey looked up at the large storied building - taking in the glamour of the architectural brilliance that it took to build such a spectacle. He couldn't believe Jennifer was sitting atop such a building having been born and raised in a small town. It was the complete opposite of what she wanted when they were together. Casey remembered her whole spiel about a farmhouse in bum-fuck nowhere with chickens and cows, a cat sanctuary and enough children to make their lives meaningful. The idea of downtown San Francisco seemed foreign.

Entering the facility, Casey felt a gust of crisp air to forward the calm coolness of the outdoors. He looked under his feet to find an artful masterpiece of tile - a beautiful design crafted by proper hands and skilled designers. Casey stood there in awe, taking in the new environment as quickly as his mind allowed - feeling small in a vast world he had yet to discover. His wonderment was then interrupted by a gentleman called Steven W., a well suited employee of the opulent hotel. "Hello Sir, may I guide you to the front desk to get you checked in? Are you here for the show tonight?" Steven asked, a bright white smile accompanying his over-the-top charming personality. Casey looked around at an alternate option, but there was no way out at the moment. "I'm actually here to meet a friend Steven, could you help me find them?" Casey responded as Steven nodded and guided him towards the front desk.

Steven walked around to check his computer and clicked to check the guest list. "What is your name sir?" he asked respectfully, eyes darting up from the screen. Casey bit his lower lip as his eyes darted in the direction of the elevator - a way to the rooftop. He started to grow slightly impatient, but knew he'd be in more trouble if he did not play nice and cooperate with hotel regulations.

"Casey. Casey Guidry. My friend Jennifer Crawford invited me tonight," he lied respectfully, trying to play the man's game in hopes of getting to see the woman he loved for the first time in eight years. Steven started typing in his computer as Casey leaned on the counter, eyes looking in each possible direction in hopes of spotting Jennifer in the lobby - he knew he wasn't on the guest list. "I cannot find that name anywhere sir. Is it possible the guest pass is under a different name?"

Casey shifted back to Steven, feeling the pressure of needing to find her. "Do you have a bathroom Steven?" Casey asked politely, flashing his own smile at the man as he twirled the situation in his favor. Steven grew rather weary at the sudden question but complied to follow hotel protocol and assist his guest. "Yes sir, down the hall just down there to your right," he pointed. Casey nodded with gratitude as she started towards the bathroom hall, making his way around well dressed guests in suit and tie. He stood out like a sore thumb and knew it. Finding the men's facilities, Casey put his hand on the door as if to open it, looked around for anyone in the vicinity and immediately continued down the hall when no one was looking. He followed the exit signs and found the emergency stairs. Again he looked around - no one in sight.

coded by natasha.

cbwsXRA.png

For the couple of months before May, the scientific community โ€” and after that, the rest of the world โ€” couldnโ€™t stop talking about the strange meteor shower that was predicted to take place in early May. It was like the comet had appeared out of nowhere, unable to be tracked before then. Even more strangely, it coincided with the Eta Aquariids shower that happens every year at the same time, a phenomenon that promised to deliver a meteor shower unlike any other. The discovery was plastered all over the news, it was impossible not to hear about it: every news website and social media profile, every blog, every news channelโ€ฆ Everyone was talking about it, and as more normal everyday people heard about it, the more they would share with the people around them. That lead to many early vacations and camping trips. Camping sites all over the United States (and of course many other countries) were fully booked, and the traffic on the road kept people in their cars for hours.

It was finally May 5th, the day the scientists had predicted both meteor showers would, coincidentally, be at their peak. At the Sky Camp, in Point Reyes, Northern California, a group of amateur stargazers gathered to witness the once-in-a-lifetime event. They had befriended some of their neighboring campers, and all of them were sitting on the ground or in chairs, eating and drinking while talking about usual conversations topics. Around 11 PM the group saw their first shooting star, and after a few minutes, another. It was around that time that they started to pay more attention to the sky than to their conversations. For the next couple of hours, the streaks of bright light became more frequent. They sat in silence, waiting for the shower to reach its peak. The fire crackled quietly, offering warmth in face of the cold pacific breeze that came from the ocean in front of them. It was almost 3 AM, and some of the campers were visibly tired, but no one wanted to go to sleep and miss the extraordinary event.

Shooting stars could be seen every few seconds now, and quite rapidly, the length of time that they were visible increased. Suddenly a huge ball of light illuminated the sky, sliding across it and turning everything so bright it seemed someone had turned on a light bulb in the sky. It swam through the stars, leaving a trail of light in its way. It shone as bright as the sun for a few seconds, and just as suddenly as it had appeared, it vanished into the darkness and changed the landscape in such a way it was impossible not to be in awe. That bright blast was when the true show began. Amongst the myriad of stars shining in the dark purple sky, hundreds of meteors passed by, some for a fraction of a second, some for as long as a couple of seconds, all with their tails creating a straight line of light and going as fast as a bullet. So this is why it was called a meteor shower. But this wasnโ€™t a meteor shower anyone couldโ€™ve predicted. Even with their estimates, the scientists could never have guessed it would be a phenomenon of such magnitude.

It was hard to keep track of how many shooting stars were riding the sky. In truth, it was as if the entirety of the space above their heads had gone back into daytime, not caring that it should be as dark as it could be. The group below could do nothing but admire the show.

OOC: from now on please put the following in front of your posts: Location and Mentions. The location theyโ€™re at now is Campsite 1. Those who arenโ€™t at the campsite but are out in the open will still be able to see the same as described above, with the only exception that the night sky isnโ€™t as dark in the city as it is at the campsite, but thereโ€™s still a clear distinction between night and the light from the meteors.

Mentions: Baradour Baradour , SeaTea SeaTea , @Kawashima Lightning, Bullyboy Squad Bullyboy Squad , _em_ _em_ , @myst.erion, BeyondDandy BeyondDandy , @Sistros

Mentions: _em_ _em_
Nate Fairfield.png
"Ho-o-oly smokes." Nate couldn't help but exclaim as he watched the light show go on above him. He had always been used to the stars in the ksy from living in rural areas most of hid life, but he had never seen anything like this meteor shower before.

"That's got to be one of the most.... crazy things I've ever seen. Whole sky, just lit up like that. He turned towards Cameron. "You ever seen anything like that at all man? Just, absolutely wild."

Not being able to resist, Nate turned his head to Chloe after some hesitation but with a slight grin. "How bout you Chloe? Ever see anything as wild as that?"

George Fairfield.png
George sat on one of the logs around the main campfire, remaining somewhat quiet after the shocking light show that went on above the campers. Anyone taking a closer look might notice his eyes were a bit wider than they should be and his breathing seemed a bit heavy.

George had always tried to stave off falling into the trap of superstition like so many other mariner's of his time. Having seen that oncce in a life time meteor shower struck somewhat of a chord with him. He couldn't help but shake the feeling that it meant something. He couldn't begin to tell what or how, just that he had a strange feeling about what he just saw.

GgVmQly.png
yghgdghj.jpg
Greg was swinging his attention left and right. Diving headfirst into the heavy chatter, where he'd butt into other people's conversations or hoard attention around his own, petty matters. Teasing kids and trying to mess around with Brielle. Brielle seemed mostly immune to his bullshit but she was what he'd call a good time. He liked that in a woman.

Eventually, Buster just flopped and vibed in an unsteady-looking deckchair that he dragged over from God knows where, probably stole it from one of the neighboring campsites. Another beer in hand, fingers loosely wrapped over a cool bottle that rested on his stomach. He was wearing a hoodie by then, half-zipped over naked torso.

It was way past midnight when the big guy started a burping contest with himself, bored enough by the flicking rocks burning in the atmosphere. "Would be fun if one struck nearby, eh?" He nudged the man who was beside him at the time, which happened to be Phil. The Brit. He forgot his name, but he knew it was something short and thought it had a ring to it. Like a good name for a dog.

Brits, man. Cockney Rejects. Cock Sparrer. Exploited. He enjoyed their hooligan culture, but those fuckers could get intense too. Brits, right? But they were funny, right? They had that wack sense of humor and the whole tea party orgies.

Greg's body jerked with an annoying hiccup throwing a fit at his growing intoxication. Maybe he should eat something? Could use a hot dog, rubbed with mustard and ketchup and covered with the New York styled, sticky onion. Or a thick, saucy burger with melting cheese. Chili burger? He loved American cuisine, Southern comfort food, Tex Mex, and all that good, juicy shit. Having a stomach of steel he could even regularly dine in Taco Bell without spurting out his anus.

Scrambling to his feet, almost knocking over the seat he was lounging on, Buster straightened up and blatantly scratched his balls. His groin leveled with pretty much everybody's line of sight as long as they were sitting nearby.

"This party sucks fat dick." He hiccuped again before wandering away towards the other campsites. Nobody knew what he was up to when the real show beganโ€ฆbut he came back when the sky lit up like the 4th of July on steroids. Like they were getting fucking nuked.

Arm draped over some new girl as if he was using her as a crutch, while she clung to his side like a gold-digger to a Mastercard Black Card. Her hair was wild as if ruffled by a tornado, dead leaves stuck out of her matted locks. Was that her lipstick smeared in the corner of Greg's lips?

"Who got light?" The drunk idiot slurred, swaying despite the skanky support. "Cause 's looks like the sky is farting all over and someone lit a match." The girl tittered at the ridiculous joke and shoved him halfheartedly. "Gross!"

The guy staggered aside, almost bumping into the elderly man who stared at the sky as if it gazed back with a maleficent intention.

mentions
Baradour Baradour Processed Stardust Processed Stardust _em_ _em_ SeaTea SeaTea

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back