• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern 𝒩𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓜𝓮𝓽𝓮𝓸𝓻 | Characters

Main
Here
OOC
Here
Other
Here

Processed Stardust

Child of the Stars

title.png

c h a r a c t e r s

Since starting the roleplay I have changed the maximum amount of characters I would take, I don't have a number at the moment, but they will have to be approved by me. At some point in the RP, I will ask you to update your equipment section. That will have to be a part of your turns, so every time you post, the equipment your character has on their person will have to be listed somewhere on the post. There will also be two kinds of characters.

player character
The Player Character (PC) would be your main character, the protagonist of your story. This would be the character you're trying to keep alive no matter the cost, and whom we would not kill unless you clearly gave permission or asked to do so. As I said, they will have to be approved by me. I would really love to see people coming up with rich characters, albeit characters based on real everyday people. I want to see your average shop owner fend for himself in the apocalypse. I want to see your UPS driver scavenging for supplies. I want to see a high-schooler desperately looking for shelter. Military characters, alongside police officers and people with hunting skills or firearm proficiency, might still be accepted, depending on how you paint them, but you will have to convince me. Because I don't want this to be easy for the protagonists. I want them to suffer and grind. Just please make sure they're above 18.

non-player character
The Non-Player Character (NPC) would be the secondary characters that are also necessary to keep the story going. You can and are welcome to play them if you'd like, only needing to fill out a small and quick character sheet (that also needs to be approved), but no one is forced to play them. If you only want to stick to your main character that's totally fine. However, one of the reasons I encourage the participation of NPCS, is that a good horror zombie apocalypse story isn't complete without a lot of blood and deaths. Our main characters aren't going to die, though, so who will? The NPCs. They also might aid our characters in times of dire need when we least expect, and you are welcome to come up with a new NPC at any time in the RP. In addition, the posts for the NPCs can be much shorter and less detailed than for your main character (even ranging from a few sentences to a paragraph if you'd like), and I hope this will encourage people to play them.

A caveat about the characters: the main group is part of an amateur stargazing group from a fictional city called Townsend, near LA, in California. They traveled to San Francisco, and that's where the story will begin, so your character needs a reason to be in San Francisco, either traveling or living there.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

player character character sheet

NAME HERE

player information
Username:
Nickname: (can be the same as the username, just let us know how you'd like us to call you)
[ ] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence. (mark with an X inside the box)
[ ] I am aware this is a mature RP and am agreeing to expose myself to mature content regardless. (for underage players mark with an X inside the box; delete this part if you're 18+)

basics
Name:
Sexual Orientation:
Occupation at the Beginning:

getting to know
Physical Description:
Traits: (can be a bullet point list of attributes, at least 3 positive and 3 negative)

in-depth
Personality:
Background: (please bear in mind that the apocalypse hasn’t started yet)

add-ons
Extras: (anything extra you’d like to add, delete this part if not needed)

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

non-player character character sheet

NAME HERE

player information
Username:
Nickname: (can be the same as the username, just let us know how you'd like us to call you)
[ ] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence. (mark with an X inside the box)
[ ] I am aware this is a mature RP and am agreeing to expose myself to mature content regardless. (for underage players mark with an X inside the box; delete this part if you're 18+)

basics
Name:
Personality Traits: bullet point list with a few personality traits so we know who we’re dealing with.
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
  • six

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

n o t e s

I hope the character sheets are simple enough, especially the NPC one. There's no limit for NPC characters, but they will only be accepted for people who have PCs, so if your character wasn't accepted, you can't participate as an NPC. I'm sorry about that, but I can't manage too many people.

c o d e s

I'll post the codes here, but no one is obligated to use these codes. You can use whichever code you want or no code at all. It's up to you. If you don't want the code, just copy-paste from above.

player character CS code
Code:
[border=0px; width:374px; height:100px; margin: auto;][border=1px black solid; width:100px; height:100px; background:url(IMAGE ONE LINK); background-size:cover; background-position:50%; margin-left:0px; float: left;][/border][border=1px black solid; width:100px; height:100px; background:url(IMAGE TWO LINK); background-size:cover; background-position:50%; margin-left: 4px; float: left;][/border][border=1px black solid; width:100px; height:100px; background:url(IMAGE THREE LINK); background-size:cover; background-position:50%; margin-left: 0px; float: right;][/border][/border]
[border=0px; width: 374px; height: 30px; font-size: 22px; line-height: 12px; text-align: center; color: #HEXCODE; font-family: Palatino Linotype; margin: auto; margin-bottom: -50px;][b]NAME HERE[/b][/border]
[border=0px; width: 374px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; text-align: justify; font-family: arial; margin: auto;]
[I]player information[/i]
Username:

[I]basics[/i]
Name:
Sexual Orientation:
Occupation at the Beginning:

[I]getting to know[/i]
Physical Description:
Personality:

[I]in-depth[/i]
Background: (please bear in mind that the apocalypse hasn’t started yet)
Traits: (can be a bullet point list of attributes, at least 3 positive and 3 negative)

[I]add-ons[/i]
Extras: (anything extra you’d like to add, delete this part if not needed)
[/border]
[center][size=1][color=gray]TEMPLATE © BOKEH[/color][/size]

non-player character
Code:
[border=0px; width:374px; height:100px; margin: auto;][border=1px black solid; width:100px; height:100px; background:url(IMAGE ONE LINK); background-size:cover; background-position:50%; margin-left:0px; float: left;][/border][border=1px black solid; width:100px; height:100px; background:url(IMAGE TWO LINK); background-size:cover; background-position:50%; margin-left: 4px; float: left;][/border][border=1px black solid; width:100px; height:100px; background:url(IMAGE THREE LINK); background-size:cover; background-position:50%; margin-left: 0px; float: right;][/border][/border]
[border=0px; width: 374px; height: 30px; font-size: 22px; line-height: 12px; text-align: center; color: #HEXCODE; font-family: Palatino Linotype; margin: auto; margin-bottom: -50px;][b]NAME HERE[/b][/border]
[border=0px; width: 374px; font-size: 12px; line-height: 12px; text-align: justify;  font-family: arial; margin: auto;]
[font=Palatino Linotype][I]player information[/i]
Username:

[I]basics[/i]
Name:
Personality Traits: bullet point list with a few personality traits so we know who we’re dealing with.
[list][*]one
[*]two
[*]three
[*]four
[*]five
[*]six[/list]
[/font][/border][center][size=1][color=gray]TEMPLATE © BOKEH[/color][/size]

Last edited:

ROBERTA SERRANO

player information
Username: Kassandra
Nickname: Kass
[X] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence.

basics
Name: Roberta "Bobbie" Serrano
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Occupation at the Beginning: Gourmet Food Truck Chef

getting to know
Physical Description: Tall and wiry, with enough meat on her to shoulder-check a stalling sous chef. Bobbie stands at 5'11", with an extra inch or two added on depending on how much of a mess her hair is on any given day. She sticks to more natural looks, opting for little to no make-up even outside of work and stocking her wardrobe with supermarket jeans.
Personality: Bobbie's the agreeable sort, but more the way that you might get along with a distant uncle with a spare $20 bucks than just any old friend. She's charmingly rakish and gruff, and wears the butch schtick like an old hat, fronting like just about nothing could shake her. It isn't true, but hey. Fake it till you make it.

in-depth
Background: Growing up, Bobbie's mother invested so much time into the joke that their family name was actually spelled with an S rather than a C that her daughter believed it until she was 12. Mom fancied herself a whiz in the kitchen, not that she was far off. Not a problem in most cases, kids were liable enough to be stupid and spell their own names wrong, but things took an awkward turn when it turned out she'd been enrolled in school with the wrong name since kindergarten. That turned out to be a really serious meeting in the principal's office about her school records potentially being invalid for what was just a damn pun, but out of nowhere, her folks doubled down on it on a whim. Something about that Latin pride. (Getting scolded by an old white dude that failed to see the whimsy in it all didn't help, either.) Within a week, they were the Serranos. Just like the peppers.

Bit of a long story, sure, but Bobbie learned to love to tell it once she got into cooking herself. Through her botched experiments at her childhood home's crusty stove, to culinary school, to getting fired from a triple-Michelin Star restaurant and buying a well-loved food truck, being legally named after a chili was always her dumb little edge to lord over her colleagues. (Aside from when she met that chick actually named Marzipan.)

The Black Sear Grill ended up becoming her pride and joy, and locally possessing the honor of serving the spiciest food in town. Cooking and watching dumb kids hospitalize themselves for views by ordering the hottest thing on her menu and recording it are her greatest joys in life. That and hanging out with the little gang of stargazers she meets up with every week or so. Because space is pretty cool, too.

Traits:
  • Independent
  • Honest
  • Charming
  • Pushy
  • Brutish
  • Stubborn

add-ons
Extras: Good with a knife?

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Last edited by a moderator:

KORE TRENT

player information
Username: NaughtiDoti
Nickname: Doti
[X] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence. (mark with an X inside the box)

basics
Name: Kore Trent
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Occupation at the Beginning: Dancer/Up and Coming Actor/College Student

getting to know
Physical Description: Short, Thin and Fit

Personality: Bubbly and overexcited more often than not. She is that girl that goes out of her way to make friends and help people. She is also a very hard worker, will be sure to give her all to any and all things she puts her mind to. That's how you become great after all.

in-depth
Background: Grew up on a farm in southern Ohio, was one of the 'popular girls'. That girl that everyone loved and was part of every club and sport. She was exceptionally good at long-distance running and hurtles. After High school, with the help of her parents and a little bit of money that she had inherited from her grandparents she moved to L.A. to attend college at the University of Southern California. It was in L.A. that she got a job as a dancer at a High-End Gentalmans club to help her make ends meet. With the new job, Kore was able to slip into a routine of school, work, study, sleep.... with the occasional audition for small parts in small-time productions.

Traits:
  • Happy
  • Hard-working
  • Loyal
  • Naive
  • Stubborn
  • Inscure

add-ons
Extras: Rather good at guarding and cooking

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

RAY AMELIA SCARLET

player information
Username: ||Cinder-Radcliff||
Nickname: Cinder
[ X ] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence.

basics
Name: Ray Amelia Scarlet
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Occupation at the Beginning: Security Guard at a local Museum

getting to know
Physical Description: Ray has what others would describe as silky smooth skin, being blessed with a light tan and a moderate frame and rack. For those who weren't already drooling her face gave more to offer, with vibrant green eyes to compliment her chocolate brown hair hanging from her head like drapes. Soft but firm lips helped sell her as one with above average beauty, though to say she was the most beautiful would do others a disservice. Among her cheeks were slight freckles and a large birthmark ran down her right shoulder to her upper spine, alongside a nasty scar on her left thigh from an incident in her past.
Personality: To say Ray loves to help people is an understatement, but despite her selflessness she isn't very trusting of new people. She doesn't take most situations very seriously, though the ones she does she dedicates every ounce of effort she can to solve it. She's usually very patient and understanding, with her fast paced mindset being a bit of a mixed bag.

in-depth
Background:
  • Ray was born and raised in the middle of a crime riddled city, her parents instilling a strong sense of justice into her that kept her out of trouble. She grew up with friends that were practically family to her, as their families were closely knit and often celebrated holidays and birthdays together. Her best friend was Desiree, and the two of them were the dynamic duo that lead the other kids in the neighborhood; joined at the hip and as close as sisters. As the years passed by the group dwindled down to a crowd of six, with those having left either moving out of town or going to a different school. Her parents weren't getting along as well due to an affair, so she became less eager about being at home listening to them arguing all of the time. By the time she reached High School it was just her and Desiree remaining of the original group of childhood friends, isolated from the rest of their peers as they went about their lives in their small closed off groups. When the drinking began at home she packed her essentials and moved in with Desiree and her family, eventually taking the rest of her belongings and settling into her new life. Then the incident happened.
  • As Ray and Desiree were going to their next class gunshots started echoing off of the walls and doors, students scurrying in a panic as the shooter unloaded their ammo onto anyone within their view. The two of them hurried towards the nearest room and hid inside, fear helping them hold their breath and avoid making any noise as the footsteps of the other students faded away. Step by step the shooter drew closer. Though neither had seen what had happened they knew what fate had met their peers, muscles trembling as they heard the shooter reloading their gun. As one of the bullet casings fell to the floor with a clink the nob on the door began to twist open slowly, with Ray snapping out of frozen fear and looking around her. In the dim lighting she realized they were in the janitors closet, slowly reaching for the spray-on bleach and popping off the plastic lid. Within a split second of the door swinging open her finger pressed down on the spray-can, foaming bleach getting into the shooters eyes as they reflexively pulled the trigger to their pistol. With a gasp she clung onto the shelves as the bullet hit her upper leg, the shooter wiping the foam from their eyes as she saw the face behind the entire ordeal. One of her peers, though she didn't immediately recognize them. Upon locking eyes with him she could see the insanity and anger swirling in his eyes - like clouds caught within a hurricane. Before the shooter could lift the gun back up to take another shot she instinctually threw the can at his face, before lunging at him and wrestling for the gun. Despite her best efforts he was still stronger than her, and so she gave him a hard knee to the groin - a yelp of pain followed by a gunshot. Then silence filled the air. As the tension started to fade away Ray sat atop the shooter with the gun in one hand, dropping it and crawling away from the body - blood oozing from the site where the bullet had entered the shooters head. By the time Desiree had peaked her head out of the janitors closet the police had arrived and started sweeping the building. It wasn't long before they reached the hallway that Ray and Desiree were in, finding the shooter dead and two teenage high school girls against the wall as cries of pain and despair broke the overwhelming silence.
  • In the weeks following the shooting, Ray was taken to the hospital and placed under investigation; though no charges were placed due to it being determined to be a case of self defense. The bullet that entered her thigh ended up shredding through her muscles and splitting into fragments, with her lunge towards the shooter only having exasperated the severity. Although the surgery was successful, she'd have to undergo intense rehabilitation to completely regain function of her leg - having to use crutches until she could at least walk normally again. School staff alongside Desiree and some of her childhood friends dropped by to check in on her - whether it was to formally thank her or to see how she was doing. When she was cleared by hospital staff to go back to school most of her peers greeted her back, as almost all of them now respected her for her bravery. Though the buzz of attention didn't last very long, it helped motivate her to go into law enforcement. After rigorous rehabilitation and finishing both High School and her Law Enforcement courses, she got a degree and started working at a local museum as a Security Guard - where she still works today.
Traits:
  • Hard-working
  • Selfless
  • Patient
  • Untrusting
  • Careless
  • Ignorant

add-ons
Extras: She's good with blunt weapons (batons, baseball bats, etc.)

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

UMEKO KIMURA

player information
Username: Noivian
Nickname: Noi, Noiv, Noivi, Nova
[ X ] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence.

basics
Name: Umeko Kimura
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Occupation at the Beginning: Student

getting to know
Physical Description: Umeko is of mixed Japanese and Korean descent. She has brown eyes and brown hair, with fair and pale skin. She has a thin build, with not a lot of muscle.
Personality: The quiet and shy kid, Umeko was never really popular, or even well-known, in the small town she'd grown up in. The shops her family went to for groceries, clothes, and the like knew them, of course, but she was always "the Kimura girl" and not "Umeko". And while it was annoying to constantly have to correct people to use her name, she wasn't exactly that upset about it. In fact, most of the problems life throws at Umeko seem to roll right off her back. She's good at rolling with the punches, going with the flow, and improvising along the way. It gets to a point where she'll be just normal enough to not stand out in a crowd at all, hence how little attention she receives. On the inside, though, she's optimistic and spirited, never one to let a bad situation get her down.

in-depth
Background: Umeko grew up in a small town of about five hundred people, her parents having moved there shortly after her birth. She had a few friends, and made decent grades in school, but when it came time to pick a college, she and her friends did not make it into the same ones. Leaving her town behind, she went to stay in the college dorms, her major of choice being film. She dove head-first into her studies, and rarely had time for making new friends or going to social events, like parties. The closest she got to a friend group was the people she sat with to study together in the library. Lacking true friends, and lonely in a new place, she joined a local armature stargazer group in the hopes of making new friends.
Traits:
  • Optimistic
  • Resourcful
  • Adaptive
  • Indecisive
  • Aimless
  • Forgetful

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

1620612946476.png
Larry Trent

player information
Username: SirDerpingtonIV
Nickname: Derp
[X] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence. (mark with an X inside the box)

basics
Name: Larry B. Trent
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Occupation at the Beginning: Steel Worker

getting to know
Physical Description: Larry stands at 5'10, with a large, albeit muscular figure. He doesn't put an extraordinary amount of work into his appearance, simply enough to maintain what he's got. He's the sort of guy who doesn't change much.
Personality: Larry's a good, honest sort of man. He's a good friend, a hard worker, and a reliable man all around. There's nothing he believes in more than a good, hard days work, and he isn't used to much else. On the plant floor he's a hard worker and a leader, always happy to show new guys how it's done, and always willing to advocate for and support his fellow worker. Larry's easy to get along with, but he won't back down easy once he's chosen where he stands, and is the sort of guy who doesn't respond too well to insults. He can deescalate a fight if it doesn't involve him, but he's sensitive to criticism about himself. After all, he's put his whole damn life into being good at what he's good at, and he sure as hell won't be told otherwise.

in-depth
Background: Larry's life has been a honest one. He was born to Harold and Edine Trent in a small factory town. Straight out of high school he joined his father at the factory and married his high school sweetheart, Jean, soon after. His factory paycheck was enough for a small house, a car, and a good enough life. He had two kids in that house with Jean, and all seemed brought. He had a good union job, a loving wife, and two perfect sons in Todd and James. However, not all things were to last. Eventually the factory would be one of many to close down, and Larry struggled finding work for a few years, drifting from job to job. Jean had to pick up work as a waitress at a local restaurant and money grew tighter in the house. Stress built on Larry's shoulders, and he picked up a bad drinking habit. His drinking soured his perfect relationship with his wife and kids, and soon that little house of theirs wasn't so pleasant anymore.

The divorce was sudden, but not unexpected. He'd neglected his wife and kids for too long, and although he had rights to see his kids, neither of them wanted him around. He couldn't blame them much, he'd been a shit dad. When he wasn't at work, he was asleep or drunk, and he rarely showed up to their baseball games.

Eventually, he left his small town and his failure behind, found work at a larger steel plant a few towns over, and started his life again. Things weren't great of course, the economy had only gotten worse after all, but it was all bearable. All he could pray for was to do a better job this time.

Traits:
  • Industrious
  • Natural Leader
  • Honest
  • Stubborn
  • Workaholic
  • Defensive

add-ons
Extras: Good DIY skills, and he knows his way around tools and machines.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Ray Person

player information
Username: SpazTheButcher
Nickname: Spaz
[X] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence.

basics
Name: Josh Ray Person
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Occupation at the Beginning: Line Cook

getting to know
Physical Description: Standing at 5'11", Ray is considered scrawny by most, but this is not a testament to his strength. He has little to no facial hair, and his hair is almost always short.
Personality: With a heavy dose of gallows humor, a pinch of sarcasm, and the right amount of marine, you get well made Ray.

in-depth
Background:

Born in Nebraska, he was raised in a trailer park. He did not do too well in school, barely passing with okay grades, but scored high enough on his ASVAB that he qualified for the US Marines. Despite him not being the best student, the smartest, or the fastest, he passed top of his class in boot camp. At recommendation of his DI, he got himself sent to Scout Sniper School, where he again excelled. He finally found himself transferred to the 1st Reconnaissance Battalion, in Bravo Company. It is with them that he was deployed, as a scout sniper, to Iraq. There, he would claim his first kill, watch friends die, and develop a strong sense of brotherhood and esprit de corps. He would deploy there again a year later, this time as an RTO. In this deployment, he developed a reputation as a joker within his company, considered a genius by his fellow marines. A week before his unit was supposed to be cycled out, his squad's vehicle was hit with an IED, and most of his squad died. He remained relatively uninjured, and was able to pull the injured out of the wreckage, and hold his position until evac could arrive. He was awarded a Silver Star, and developed a strong sense of duty. He deployed a final time 2 years later as a squad leader, and his deployment would remain uneventful, and would leave the Marines at the age of 23. He got himself a job at a small restaurant, and worked his way up from prep to line cook, earning a reputation as "the fastest burger flipper in town".
Traits:
  • Hard Working
  • Geek
  • Brutally Honest
  • Functional Addict(Legal Drugs Only)
  • Excessively Sarcastic
  • Smartass
TEMPLATE © BOKEH

CHLOE LAINE

player information
Username: _em_
Nickname: em/megan (she/her)
[x] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence.

basics
Name: Chloe Laine
Sexual Orientation: unidentified (asexual)
Occupation at the Beginning: high school senior

getting to know
Physical Description: Chloe has dark brown hair, light blue eyes, pale skin and a round, innocent face- her eyes are rather fierce looking, though. They give away that she's not as naïve as her 5'3" stature and age might suggest.
Personality: Chloe has a tendency to come off as intense. She is very intuitive and intelligent and is not the type to be intimidated out of speaking her mind, so much so that it's not uncommon for her brother to have to hold her back from getting into a fist fight. She's the definition of an unruly soul, but she's also a fierce secret-keeper and will gladly lay down her life for a cause she believes in, although she doesn't get out of the house much- she prefers to stay in her room reading and writing.

in-depth
Background: The Laine twins live a fairly simple life in the poorer part of town with their single father, their mother having been out of their lives for years. School is their priority, hence why neither of them are employed; their dad stresses that a good education is the key to getting to live a better life than him. The twins have no problem keeping their grades up, although Cam clearly excels more so socially while Chloe excels academically- to the point where their father has demanded she join a club to get out of the house, so she chooses a stargazing club. Cam joins with her for moral support, and also because he likes hearing Chloe's random facts about the constellations and star signs.
Traits: hot-headed, impulsive, intense + intuitive, intelligent, quick-witted

add-ons
Extras: fc-stefanie scott

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

CAMERON LAINE

player information
Username: _em_
Nickname: em/megan (she/her)
[x] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence.

basics
Name: Cameron 'Cam' Laine
Sexual Orientation: homosexual
Occupation at the Beginning: high school senior

getting to know
Physical Description: Cam has the same dark brown hair and light blue eyes as his twin. The share the same baby face and elven-esque features, though Cam stands above his sister at 5'6" and is a fair bit more muscular and tan thanks to his involvement in athletics; not to mention he comes off as much more kind.
Personality: Cam is your classic golden boy. He does exceptionally well on his school's football and baseball teams and has a large group of friends (and girls who fawn over him), but he's actually much more soft-hearted and kind than he gives off. Not mention he is gay as HELL- However, and although it often isn't a problem, Cam does have a tendency to let his pretty-boy advantages go to his head with a bossy attitude; he'll also get defensive when it comes to not being as book smart and quick as his sister.

in-depth
Background: The Laine twins live a fairly simple life in the poorer part of town with their single father, their mother having been out of their lives for years. School is their priority, hence why neither of them are employed; their dad stresses that a good education is the key to getting to live a better life than him. The twins have no problem keeping their grades up, although Cam clearly excels more so socially while Chloe excels academically- to the point where their father has demanded she join a club to get out of the house, so she chooses a stargazing club. Cam joins with her for moral support, and also because he likes hearing Chloe's random facts about the constellations and star signs.
Traits: bossy, oversensitive, perfectionist + charismatic, well-spoken, physically strong

add-ons
Extras: He's probably gonna be good at smashing heads in with baseball bats? fc-peyton meyer

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Last edited:

CASEY GUIDRY

player information
Username: BeyondDandy
Nickname: Dandy
[X ] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence.

basics
Name: Casey Guidry
Occupation at the Beginning: Carpenter

getting to know
Physical Description: Standing at 6’1 puts Casey above average height. His broad shoulders and roughed exterior amplify his mental and physical struggles in prison. Sporting a buzzed head and a well trimmed beard however proves his humanity still exists as he cares for his appearance and image to the world. Muscle bound due to strenuous physical preparedness, Casey is seen as an intimidating figure.

Personality: After his life-changing experience in prison, Casey sees the world a little more cynical than ever before. However, while incarcerated he learned to be honorable and principled, which spurs his desire for change. Knowing that he has been given a second chance at life, Casey is willing to demonstrate mercy, but won’t hesitate to defend himself and his beliefs when it comes down to the wire. He’s dedicated his new life in the pursuit of redemption, fearlessly and nobly wanting to change the Casey of the past.

in-depth
Background: A night’s mistake led to an eight year sentence without reasonable bail in the general population. Casey was charged and imprisoned for aggravated battery at the young age of twenty two years old - missing out on a civil future. He served his sentence with little to no exposure to the outside world or luxury of visitation. Montana’s correctional facilities were underfunded so his living conditions were worthy of the inhumanity that locked him up in the first place. His time imprisoned changed him for the better however, allowing him to grow up at an uncomfortable but necessary pace. Hard labor and good behavior granted him a reduced sentence which saw him free in eight years. Recently released, Grady attempts to reconnect in this new world by following his ex-fiancé to San Francisco in hopes of making amends for his past.

Good Traits:
Moral
Disciplined
Honorable

Bad Traits:
Detached
Cold
Depressed

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

JENNIFER CRAWFORD

basics
Name: Jennifer Crawford
Personality Traits:
  • Capable
  • Passionate
  • Kind
  • Ruthless
  • Idealist
  • Jaded
TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Last edited:

ARTEMIS MERCIER

player information
Username: LowkeyLovingLoki
Nickname: Loki/Loky
[x] I am aware this is a mature RP and am agreeing to expose myself to mature content regardless.

basics
Name: Artemis 'Art' Mercier
Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
Occupation at the Beginning: Bookstore attendant

getting to know
Physical Description: Artemis stands at 5'11 and weighs a scrawny 68kg. His leanness makes him seem taller than he is, but he's mostly legs. He has little to no muscle mass, and barely any fat either. He's pale, with freckles scattered all over his body but mostly concentrated on his face. Artemis grows his curly hair out to just a bit above his shoulders, but he rarely ever styles it. Occasionally they put it up so it isn't in their face, but they don't style it differently for fashion. The underside of his hair is white, as he regularly dyes it. Both of Artemis' ears are pierced, as well as his nose. He has quite a few tattoos placed around his body, mostly around his torso and arms, although he prefers smaller-to-medium-sized individual tattoos to sleeves or big pieces. They are constantly wearing jewellery wherever they can - necklaces, rings, earrings, bracelets, nose rings, etc. (here is his pre-apocalypse wardrobe if anyone is interested)

Personality: Artemis is a very independent person. He much prefers to work by himself rather than with others, in any situation. He is generally quite serious - something a lot of people don't expect when they meet him, judging by the way he dresses. They're level-headed most of the time, but when they are upset or angry, they can become very defensive. His default personality is grumpy. Art is also not a very easy person to like; he can be mean and is often very sarcastic. He rarely smiles or gets excited, probably as a result of being almost not allowed to be happy when he's with his parents. Although they're generally pretty quiet, they'll speak up when they feel a need to - whether to defend themself, their friend, or to contribute to something. Even when quiet, Artemis will often roll their eyes or scoff, so they do have a tendency to be a little passive-aggressive. Artemis is a good friend - if you manage to get past his defences. He develops an almost obsessive nature toward those he finds himself caring about, but it is pretty rare for that to happen. He holds grudges extremely easily, so if you wrong him, don't expect to get away with that.

in-depth
Background: Born into a wealthy but strict family, Artemis was an outcast at birth. He never fit into his parents’ ideals or their plans for him, and he never wanted to. His older brother was always much more accepting of him, even if he was more the golden child. The two had a genuine friendship, and Artemis always felt that it was them against the world - and their parents. When Artemis realised he was gay, and questioning his certainty of his gender, he kept it from his parents, even though he hated hiding himself. He was in highschool and still needed somewhere to stay at that point. Everything changed when, while Artemis was 19, their older brother announced that he was moving out. Artemis was heartbroken. The two argued, with Artemis saying plenty of awful things that he would later regret. A few weeks later, Artemis’ brother was killed in a car accident. Distraught and a mess, Artemis came out to their parents abruptly, and consequently ‘ran away’ from home. He couch-surfed with friends while he started work at a bookstore, trying to earn enough money to get his own place. Unfortunately, any money he earned was often spent on alcohol as he developed a serious addiction. He still works at the bookstore, still often succumbs to his addiction, but he joined a stargazing group that his friend mentioned to him in an attempt to find a hobby so that he might be able to get sober one day.

Traits:
  • Observant
  • Honest (about what he thinks, that is)
  • Level-headed
  • Blunt
  • Secretive
  • Passive-aggressive
add-ons
Extras: Speaks various languages including French (his parents are French), English, German and Finnish. He also knows a lot of random facts due to his occupation and interest in learning new things - hence why he works at a bookstore.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

PHILIP TREADWELL

player information
Username: Baradour
Nickname: Baradour / Bara
[x ] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence. (mark with an X inside the box)

basics
Name: Phillip Treadwell 'Phil'
Sexual Orientation: Straight (happily married)
Occupation at the Beginning: Fireman based out of the UK, currently on Holiday

getting to know
Physical Description:

6ft tall, well built but not bulky, his job keeps him physically fit.
Short dark hair (going grey and balding) and a short beard, blue eyes and a burn scar visible on his neck. His nose was obviously broken at some point in the past but wasn’t fixed properly and has noticeable kink to it.
Sometimes seems to move awkwardly/slight limp.

Personality:

Phil can appear quiet and reserved at times but he's just taking everying in before acting. Going into fires for a living quickly teaches you to remain calm and assess things before you act. He’s observant and able to make quick decisions when necessary. When working and lives are on the line he is able to focus so much that it feels like time is slowing down.
However when it comes to his family his emotions get in the way and a lot less controlled.

He likes a drink and normally knows when to stop though after his recent accident has drunk more , also somewhat surprisingly considering his day job Phil is a smoker

His recent accident has made him doubt himself, though he saw the Brigade ‘shrinks’ who sign him as ok to return to work he doesn’t sleep well and has the occasional ‘flashback’.

in-depth
Background:

Having recently (physically) recovered from being injured in a fire Phil has brought his family (wife Pamela and 2 children, Andy “don’t call me Andrew” 12 and Rebecca “don’t call me Becky” 15 over for a 2 week holiday.

The trip is nearly over and Andy had been badgering his dad about the upcoming Perceid Meteor shower which was supposed to be particularly good this year. Coinciding as it did with Pamela’s plans for a girls ‘night out’ with some friends Phil managed to find a stargazing club which allowed guests, heading out to view the display.

Andy was thrilled, as was Rebecca until she was told she couldn’t be trusted on her own and would need to come along. She’d eventually agreed but only if she could bring her new boyfriend Randy (or ‘the muppet’ as Phil thought of him)

[was thinking of running all 3 as npcs…to being with]

Traits:

Brave
Reliable
Disciplined
Will do anything for his family.

“Nosey/Manipulative/Overbearing/Meddling/Old//’dad jokes’/Remarkable lack of rhythm on the dance floor” – at least all according to his daughter

Doesn’t suffer fools gladly
Sarcastic
Post accident ‘issues’
Will do anything for his family.

add-ons
Extras: Good with his hands,very practical,2nd job as builder/carpenter, boxing as part of his fitness regime

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Last edited:

BRIELLE SANGREY

player information
Username: Processed Stardust
Nickname: Star

basics
Name: Brielle Sangrey
Occupation at the Beginning: Caregiver

“IF YOU DON’T THINK I’M A PRINCESS YOU’RE A HUNDRED PERCENT RIGHT.
I’M THE FUCKING QUEEN.”

getting to know
Physical Description: From her strong jaw and strong eyebrows to her lean and toned body, Brielle exhales confidence. She stands at 5'5 tall but seems somehow to look taller, maybe an illusion from her lean legs. Her brown hair extends well to the middle of her back, and she usually wears it in a ponytail. She has a delicate nose, full lips, and brown round eyes. Her tan skin shows her Latino heritage.
Personality: Brielle has a strong character and won't let people tell her what to do. She can be as stubborn as a mountain against the wind, but she's strong-willed and will get what she wants. However, she's not irrational -- she recognizes when she needs to follow orders for the best of the situation, she just prefers to follow herself. She speaks her mind and isn't afraid of what others will think of her.

in-depth
Background: Born and raised in Rushford, Brielle lives with her family in a big property. The terrain has been in the family for generations and is currently owned by Brielle’s grandmother, Elizabeth. The two-story house is surrounded by a huge garden with flowers and vegetables and what they call "The Forest". Most of her free time Brielle would spend in The Forest, lying in a hammock and reading a book, or helping her grandmother in the garden. Ever since she was a girl she took an interest in gardening and over the years she learned how to identify plants and herbs. Elizabeth also raised chickens and fishes in the big pond behind the house.

She lives with her parents and younger sister in her grandmother's house. She was always close to Elizabeth, and when the elder fell ill with Alzheimer's when the girl was 20, Brielle took online classes and courses to become her grandmother's caregiver. She reduced her work hours to part-time and eventually stopped working altogether so she could spend more time taking care of Elizabeth and her beloved garden. Brielle took after her grandmother in the sense that she loves harvesting vegetables and cooking, and everything had always been available right in their backyard.

Brielle is determined and never lets anything stop her. When she was a kid she had a great interest in sports, but her asthma made it harder for her to participate. She didn't let that stop her, though, and took every effort possible to overcome her shortcomings, eventually getting proficient in volleyball and running. Still, she can't go anywhere without her inhaler, and she often suffers from asthma attacks. All the cardio work definitely paid off, however, helping decrease the number of attacks she has over the years. She doesn't go a day without going for a run.

Since she spends most of her time taking care of her grandmother and therefore neglects her own life, her parents encouraged her to pursue at least one thing for herself. She was against it, but when she saw a pamphlet for an amateur stargazing group in the neighboring city she decided to give it a try.

Traits:
  • strong-willed
  • determined
  • courageous
  • stubborn
  • temperamental
  • overachiever

add-ons
Extras: Skills: Harvesting, raising stock, fishing, preserving vegetables, fruits, and meat, identifying herbs, caregiving.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

TOM HENSLEY

player information
Username: Sistros
Nickname: Sistros
[x] I am aware that this RP will contain mature and sensitive content such as gore and violence. (mark with an X inside the box)

basics
Name: Thomas “Tom” Hensley
Occupation at the Beginning: Retired Physician

getting to know
Physical Description: The years have certainly taken their toll on all facets of Tom’s life, but none so prominently than his overall demeanor and presence. Now that he no longer has to worry about maintaining a professional appearance in front of his patients, he has adopted a more rugged look in recent years. Tired, blue eyes peer out of a weathered face, and a light beard now covers his chin and cheeks. His shock of gray hair, while still kept at an acceptable length, is often swept back away from his forehead for convenience. He may have grown a little soft around the middle with age, but he has still managed to sustain an average weight for his fairly tall frame, standing at nearly 6’2”.

Tom also doesn’t care much about fashion sense; his clothes are what many would consider comfortable – plaid, flannel shirts, sometimes quilted depending on the weather, Carhartt jackets, t-shirts, sturdy boots, and a pair of dependable blue jeans.

Personality: With a kind and easygoing disposition, Tom has maintained a positive outlook on life, even as he enters his twilight years. He has learned to take each day in stride; life is too short to get hung up on the finer details. This mentality has developed and evolved over many years of experience, both through hardship and gain. It has helped him to adjust and adapt to an ever-changing world. Tom can also be quite sociable, finding it easy to strike up a conversation with anyone willing to engage. But despite his outgoing personality, he has always remained humble. He would rather listen to what others have to say instead of boasting about his own circumstances. The only exception is if someone challenges his convictions; he can be surprisingly stubborn in his beliefs.

in-depth
Background: For the nearly 40 years of his professional career, Tom has served his hometown of Three Forks, MT through his private family practice as a primary care physician. The quaint office consisted of only himself, his friend Jerry, who served as his assistant, and his wife Emily as his personal secretary and receptionist. The only notable addition was his son, Jack, who joined the team as a second physician in early 2008.

Tom took pride in his work and was often lauded for his knowledge and precision, always going above and beyond what was expected of him. His calm and humble demeanor also helped him to connect with his patients on a personal level, prescribing gentle but effective advice and treatment no matter the health issue. This not only made him a competent doctor, but he quickly became a familiar face and a trustworthy friend to many of the locals.

Unfortunately, this arrangement would not last forever. With the increase of big business and other residential and retail development in the region, the health care system became more standardized and strict with its procedures. As a result, more hospitals joined together into networks to coordinate and deliver a broad spectrum of services to the community. They often targeted small private practices to consolidate into their system; Tom’s family business was no exception.

Despite a hard battle, Tom could not withstand the constant pressure from these entities and ultimately decided to retire. His son, however, joined the hospital networks to further his career. He continues to work for their team of doctors in the nearby medical center in Butte, MT.

For Tom, however, life couldn’t be better. Now that he is retired, he has finally found the time to fully embrace and appreciate the natural beauty of the landscape that he came to love as a child. He now owns and operates a cattle ranch in the rural country north of town, a thriving business that has ultimately fulfilled a lifelong dream.

More recently, Tom and his wife have received an invitation from their daughter, Karla, to visit the family at their home outside of Los Angeles. With the distance that separated them, they recognized that it would be an extended trip—and an expensive one—but it had been a relatively easy decision in the end. Not only would it provide an opportunity to experience the wonders of the big city, but it had been nearly a year since they had last seen their grandson, Elijah. The time spent with him would more than compensate for any hassle they incurred by the journey.

What they didn't know was that Eli had taken an interest in astronomy in the intervening months. The boy's natural curiosity always had him looking for new and interesting ways to gratify his hobby, and that’s when he caught wind of a special excursion to San Francisco to observe a rare meteor shower. It was a long way to go for a young teenager, and he knew that he couldn’t make the trip alone.

So, when Eli approached his grandfather and begged him to accompany him, how could Tom refuse?

Traits:
  • Articulate
  • Inventive
  • Principled
  • Headstrong
  • Perfectionist
  • Facetious

add-ons
Extras: As a retired physician, he retains a wide range of medical knowledge, including general medicine and first aid. He is also quite proficient in hunting, trapping, and raising livestock.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Last edited:

Nathaniel 'Nate' Fairfield

player information
Username: SeaTea
Nickname: SeaTea

basics
Name: Nathaniel 'Nate' Fairfield
Occupation at the Beginning: Student - High School Senior

getting to know
Physical Description: Nate is a physically fit young man with a lean build, with a collection of pock marks and scares depicting a physically involved youth. His tanned skin matches his dark brown close cropped hair and clean shaven appearance. His light green eyes seem to convey a strangely wide set of emotions, bouncing between a haughty-bordering-on-arrogant assured confidence in himself and a rather hollow look of resignation depending on his mood. His eyes are the most expressive thing about him really, as he does not seem to smile or frown as much he might, his shoulders seem slumped more than they should, and he normally keeps his features schooled and appearing calm.

in-depth
Background: (please bear in mind that the apocalypse hasn’t started yet): Nate's story starts out in Louisiana, born to a couple who had been married for only nine months before he came along. His father was military, his mother wasn't, and like so many whirlwind romances it ended up going down a rocky road. Nate was an only child, moving from place to place as his mother followed his father throughout his postings. Eventually things got worse, and Nate ended up getting sent to live with grandparents in Texas with no word as to where either of his parents ended up, not that he has tried looking for them.

Nate's grandparents did their best to try and get his head on straight, to do better in school, make something of himself. Unfortunately Nate's childhood memories of shouted arguments and being constantly forced to readjust left quite the chip on his shoulder. He did what most do in his situation, he acted out and started getting into problems with petty crimes and clashing with authority figures, to his grandparents dismay. This continued until his sophomore year of high school when something managed to change for him that snapped him out of his rebel streak. The details of what exactly happened are still not known to most people that knew Nate, only that it involved a court hearing and that the records regarding the case were sealed due to Nate's juvenile status.

This was the last straw for his beleaguered extended family. Thus they decided on rather drastic action: a distant great uncle George, who worked off of the ships that plied their trade working the docks of the California coast, would take Nate in and force him off of this terrible path he had set for himself. However, by the time his great uncle met him, Nate had effectively had the wind taken out of his sails. Recognizing the young man's plight and how badly Nate might respond to iron discipline, George decided to instead try and foster as much passion as he could out of Nate. He introduced the teenager to music through guitar, to story telling through old mariner's tales, and anything else he could think of to keep the young man's mind occupied.

This perseverance seems to have paid off. Now as a graduating senior, Nate's grades have climbed back to an acceptable level. Even better, a few colleges around San Francisco have invited Nate down to a tour after he was declared a finalist for several different specialized scholarships. Nate decided to bring his great uncle George with him as a sort of mini-vacation, one phase of which will be observing an incoming meteor shower. Although Nate's life trajectory has turned upwards, there is still plenty left of the frightened pre-teen that he left behind back home. Time will only tell if Nate can continue to adapt to his changing situation, or find himself back down exactly where he started.

Traits:

- Stalwart
- Loyal
- Mentally tough
- Desensitized
- Judgemental
- Mean temper

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

NPC: George Fairfield

player information
Username: SeaTea
Nickname: SeaTea

basics
Name: George Fairfield-Booth
  • Impatient
  • Blunt
  • Empathetic
  • Confident
  • Mentoring
  • Stubborn
TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Justina Ishimoto

player information
Username: Kawashima Lightning
Nickname: Kawa

basics
Name: Justina Kiyoko Ishimoto
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Occupation at the Beginning: Extreme Athlete, Brand Ambassador & Social Media Influencer

getting to know
Physical Description: Justina is an Asian-American woman with a Petite and Athletic Build, Fair Skin, standing at 5' 4" Tall and weighs 121 Lbs. Although she initially had Black Hair, Justina has since dyed it multiple colors over the years, having settled on the Rainbow in representation of pride and maintained it since coming out at the young age of sixteen. For Fashion and Clothing, Justina tends to wear big name brands, such as Nike, Adidas or Underarmour to name a few, among several others and mainly wears Athletic Clothing, such as a T-Shirt, Board Shorts and Skate Shoes, wiht her favorite Shoe Brand being Air Jordan. Since getting pregnant, Justina has gained around thirty-five to forty additional pounds due to pregnancy weight gain and is currently in the final week of her pregnancy. Because she can no longer fit into her normal attire and athletic gear, Justina has mostly been wearing floral maternity dresses and black slippers.

For accessories, she occasionally wears Feather Earrings, Cross Necklace and a Golden Bracelet if not a Sweat Band. The most common Accessory she has is her Smart Watch.

Personality: Justina is a Carefree, Easygoing and Thrill-seeking Daredevil, given that Extreme comes before Athlete. Since life is really short, gotta live a little, right? As an Athlete though, Justina is also very hyperactive and loves to talk about Sports in general, it can be as simple as Ball Sports, like American Football, Basketball or Volleyball, something relaxing like Bowling, or as crazy as Snowboarding or Motocross! She is happy to talk about it all! However, she has calmed down quite a bit since getting pregnant, as she wants to make sure that she will set a good example for her child and will be a good mother. From Extreme Thrill-seeking Athlete...to maybe a Super-Mom? Big jump, yes, but can she find the balance between them? Only time will tell.

in-depth
Background: Since she was a child, Justina has been a gifted athlete. During High School, she joined the Varsity Team in her Freshman Year, playing Soccer in the Fall, Basketball in the Winter and Tennis in the Spring. Then outside of school, she would take part in Skateboarding and Longboarding Year-round with the occasional BMX Biking. Going into her Teenage Years, Justina started looking into more board sports and around the age of sixteen, started a YouTube Channel to show off her talent and skill as well as give advice to newcomers. In particular, Justina started posting videos for board sports as a whole, from the popular Skateboarding, Longboarding, Snowboarding,, and Surfing to the more uncommon Wakeboarding, Mountainboarding, Sandboarding and Freeboarding. With that in mind, Justina is always looking to add to her impressive resume. Starting at the age of seventeen, Justina would add even more Extreme Sports under her belt, including Windsurfing, Skurfing, Skydiving and Skysurfing starting around her Senior Year of High School.

Balancing these new Extreme Sports with her Student Athletics was quite a challenge, one that Justina was up to. Overall thankful for the freedom that her parents have given her, she would return the favor by keeping her grades up. At the age of eighteen after she graduated and went on her last summer vacation, Sponsors would start reaching out to her, offering to sponsor her YouTube Videos and offering free gear in exchange for advertising and reviewing their products. Among her more notable Sponsors included Adidas, Nike, Birdhouse, Element, Mongoose and Air Jordans to name a few, among several others. Going through College on a Basketball Scholarship, Justina had a hectic first two years and had to slow down on the YouTube Videos and slowly dwindled down to reviewing new products, posting reviews on both YouTube and eventually Instagram alike. In her Junior Year of College, Justina would step up her game and went into Drift Racing, attending Car Shows and even Rallying on the weekends, earning the attention of major companies like Yamaha, Nissan and Subaru. Already impressed with her aptitude for Extreme Sports, Yamaha, Nissan and Subaru have all offered her a Sponsorship in addition to providing a free Dirt Bike and two free cars as well as paying for her Lessons on the Sports. Her Instructors praised for being both an attentive student and a fast learner, often getting techniques down in one or two tries even though there were some instances where she struggled and needed more time.

At the age of twenty-one, Justina graduated from the University of Washington with a Bachelor's Degree in Sports Medicine and without student loan debt, having much of her sponsorship money pay her tuition and allowing her to pocket most of the money that her parents had saved for her college fund. After a hectic college career, Justina decided to take a Summer Hiatus, relegating most of her YouTube time to reviewing products, showing off new gear on Instagram and making silly videos on a newer platform called TikTok. During this hiatus, Justina welcomed several new sports onto her decorated resume; Airsoft, Paintball, Rock Climbing and Mixed Martial Arts.

Now at the young age of twenty-four, Justina is one of the highest paid Athletes in the world and holds the Guinness world records for Most Sports and Most Sponsors. Because life can be full of surprises, Justina is now expecting her first child.
Traits:
Positive Traits: +Easygoing, +Kind-Hearted, +Caring | Negative Traits: -Abrasive, -Cold, -Hot Tempered

add-ons
Extras:
  • Her first child is a girl and she has settled on the name Amelia
  • Baby's Father didn't bother to stay, but Justina doesn't care because if he doesn't want to be a part of an amazing life, that's on him
  • She is thirty-nine pregnant and has had zero complications in her pregnancy thus far (Even her Midwife is surprised because of how physically active she was prior to getting pregnant and injuries she has sustained over the years)
  • Loves Floral Maternity Dresses because she thinks they go well with her Rainbow Hair and Baby Bump
  • After the pregnancy announcement, she started posting vlogs documenting her pregnancy from Week 18 onwards on YouTube, Instagram and TikTok
  • Received free Maternity Clothes from PinkBlush
  • Master of Time Management because of the amount of sports she takes part in
  • Considered a Jack of All Trades by many Athletes, but a Prodigy of Board Sports by others
  • Attends at least three car shows a month (Makes frequent appearances at Hot Import Nights)
  • Will start crying uncontrollably if sharp objects get too close to her belly
  • Deathly terrified of losing her baby
  • Has had Nightmares during pregnancy (Night Terrors too because she has woken up crying and screaming)
  • Sponsored by at least thirty-five different sporting brands
  • Currently lives in a three-bedroom, two bathroom house in the San Francisco Suburbs

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Juniper "June" Morales

player information
username: myst.erion
nickname: mysty//mysterion//lena

basics
full name; Juniper Eugenia Morales
nicknames: june//eugenia - [by her father]
age; twenty-seven
gender; cis female
ethnicity; puerto-rican [father] // costa-rican [mother]
nationality; australian//american
sexual orientation; bisexual//heteroromantic
zodiac; gemini
face claim; adria arjona

getting to know you
physical: June stands at an average 5'7" in height, with a weight of 130lbs. Her deep chestnut hair is of medium length, curly some places, wavy most others, and well kept. It frames her delicate face in a natural middle part. She usually leaves it down, tucked behind her ears; both of which have assorted pretty piercings along the earlobe, all along up to the tip of her helix. Her complexion is clear, save for randomized freckles across her t-zone. Her lips are plump, in a deep pink colour and her dark chocolate eyes are wide and full; doe-eyed even; framed by dark lashes. Her eyebrows are also dark and angled. From head to toe, her skin is a warm olive, also littered randomly with freckles. She keeps a great posture at all times and has a toned and lithe mesomorphic physique, maintained by regular exercise and sports. In terms of her accent, She is yet to lose it completely, but now again she will pronounce certain words with an odd tinge of the American. She thinks it's hilarious. Though deep down she panics. She loves her damn accent.
personality: June is a kind and thoughtful individual, constantly making selfless acts and not regretting a single one. Her temperament is usually a very calm one, though she can be strict, loud and quite a handful for the people who disappoint and anger her. She has a balance of emotions that she has worked on developing and controlling for many years. Both for benefit within the classroom, and to be able to go day to day without too much conflict. She cares for her students greatly but can be firm with them if they get out of hand. It's just a part of the job, and she does it well. June is brave, courageous, spontaneous, and even childlike. You can see the stars in her eyes when she talks about STEM subjects; the way she walks, her posture, and her forever smile. They show her pride and contentedness with herself and her situation. First impressions haven't always been her strong suit, but in recent years, she's really changed. Her day-to-day anxious tendencies have been overcome. Of course, that isn't to say she still isn't a generally anxious individual. She has to be. Her feelings are genuine and she states her opinions with honesty. She maintains self-agency and self-discipline always. Others would do well to understand that what they give, she will reciprocate. Good or bad. And you should you just need to talk, she will always be there to listen. Always. Overall June is a multifaceted individual who is no longer afraid to stand up for herself and what she values. Trust in her spirit and her abilities. There is far more to her than meets the eye.

in-depth
history: June was born in Peru to a Peruvian mother [Alessa, from peru] and Tican father [Paco, from costa rica]. They spent five long years with her there before they migrated to Sydney, NSW, Australia. This is where she officially started kindergarten. Albeit a year older than everyone else, but nonetheless in need of an education. She and her parents remained happy in Australia for many years after that. June was 18 when tragedy struck. Her mother worked as an architect, alongside her husband, and two weeks before her second term ended, June was rushed out of school by her father with the news that her mother had passed. Alessa had attended a worksite just hours before, but an accident involving scaffolding brought her down. She died instantly. June had never been able to say goodbye. She hated the world for a long time after that. So much so she didn't attend school, or even turn to her friends. Life seemed pretty lost without her mother. Even Paco found it hard to function. He did, however, for his little girl. After a hard couple of months, and only friends to console them, Paco made the decision to move back to his original home. America. He may have been born in Argentina, but he grew up on American soil, so easily he moved his business, and his and June's entire life over to the U.S of A.

June re-attended her last year of high school, everything she knew shifted, and her old life became a bit of a blur. Since then she has lived in America. After she got her degree she decided to live out her life with her father and work as a part-time history teacher at a local high school. Only a couple of years ago did she score a full-time job at a well-to-do school in L.A, and she made the decision to leave and live on her own. Her father did not follow, though they do skype very often and June makes monthly trips to see him if she can. Paco stayed in Washington with his architectural business going great. Since the two parted ways they have both been living comfortably and the past is the past. June has been in a couple of relationships, with the most recent lasting two years before he cheated. She still has no idea he did it twice. Since then she hasn't engaged in anything, at least nothing serious, but she does hope to find someone. She believes it's just not her time yet...
June lives by herself in a smallish house about 5 minutes from the high school. She teaches Design & Technology but also takes up English and Drama classes. Life is good. Stable for once. She loves her job and has a beautifully relaxed lifestyle [at least when she can help it]. Life for her is rewarding and follows a routine she's used to.

Her involvement with the stargazer group, funny enough, came about when a fellow teacher asked her to join him and the group for a night out. It was a date then, but the two are good friends now. He has since left the amateur group, no longer having the time to spend watching the stars. Already having an adoration for the stars, June was keen to join the group. She has been a member now for close to 7 months. Since joining she has encouraged students of her's to check out the group as well and even, on one occasion, convinced the school to do a sort of collaboration with the group; wherein a larger group of one-time students took a trip with herself and another teacher as their liaison's. Twas a chaotic night. So chaotic they agreed to never do it again.
This time around, June is attending with a very close friend of hers. A [ subject ] teacher from a neighbouring school. [insert name], and June

vices & virtues: - honest - eloquent - neurotic - versatile - compassionate - opinionated - resentful - adventurous - emotional - practical - understanding

add-ons
thunderstorms & lightning, old books, thrift/charity stores, french earl grey tea, learning more//having facts, athletics//gym//physical activity, writing, conspiracy theories, playing piano, rainbow straps, lemon meringue tarts, apple pie, rollerskating, textiles//fashion//making clothes//etc,
dislikes//pet peeves:
slugs, smoking, drugs, condescending people, being taken advantage of or belittled, disrespectful students, when people aren't straightforward with her or try to dodge inquiries offhandedly, coffee., vanilla scented things,

playlist

board

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

NAME HERE

player information
username: myst.erion
nickname: mysty//mysterion//lena

basics
name:
personality traits: bullet point list with a few personality traits so we know who we’re dealing with.
  • one
  • two
  • three
  • four
  • five
  • six
TEMPLATE © BOKEH

AH'NII'NAH HAYWOOD

player information
Username: thich
Nickname: thich

basics
.name | ah’nii’nah “nii” haywood
.age | 21
.gender | male
.ethnicity | salish
.sexuality | bisexual
.birthday | june 29
.fc | willy cartier
.occupation at the beginning |piano teacher

appearance
.height | 5’5”
.build | average -- relatively lazy but has the metabolism typical of a male his age
.hair | waist-length dark brown hair w/ slight waves to it. generally, he wears it down, but occasionally will tie it into a braid.
.eyes | nearly black eyes unless he gets that good Golden Hour lighting.
.distinguishing features | traditional indigenous tattoos; small uniform dots circling the wrists and ankles. a small stick'n'poke heart behind his right ear. horizontal inch-long scar just above his right eyebrow

speech & communication
.pace of speech | always quick and slightly jumbled, bordering on manic when he’s in any sort of excited state
.accent/dialect | west canadian, gets rezzy if he spends too much time at home
.demeanor | warm to a concerning extent, tends to be too friendly, but doesn’t actually trust anyone. read: fake bitch
.posture | loose, would probably be considered lanky if he wasn’t so fucking short
.habitual gestures | touching his lips & compulsively adjusting the collar of whatever he’s wearing

attitudes & skills
.alignment | neutral evil
.psychological state | unstable much of the time. could very well have an undiagnosed personality disorder
.phobias | abandonment, being undesirable, being unlovable
.skills | extremely skilled at navigating through wilderness, knows his snares, an exceedingly good shot with a bow. not so much a gun.
.personality | he was dealt a rough hand in life and often uses this fact to excuse really lame habits of his. he can be self-aware at times, but for the most part has no idea how to even begin counteracting his toxic behaviours. whenever he tries to analyze himself, he very quickly becomes overwhelmed, confused, and exhausted. this has resulted in an overall repressed personality. essentially, he’s resigned himself to being who he is and being unhappy with it

loving. determined. confident. theatrical
overwhelming. possessive. insecure. manipulative

family

levi. -- brother
thirty-one. nii essentially worships the ground levi walks on, even though he hasn't seen the man in about three years.

verna. -- mother
forty-seven. verna is very much feared by both nii and levi. they respect and love her, but she’s given them both some serious mommy issues

thomas. -- father
forty-nine. a respected author and professor. nii genuinely loves his dad

background
nii had something of an atypical north american indigenous upbringing. that is, he grew up immersed in his language and culture. instead of going to school surrounded by white students and white teachers, he, along with the rest of the children in his village, were homeschooled and primarily taught by elders who were well-versed in their pre-contact ways. due to the extremely isolated nature of his village, they were rarely bothered by outsiders. nii didn’t speak any english until he was six years old.

the one thing that alienated him from his community was his brother, levi. violent and inexplicably angry, his older brother often lashed out and caused problems within the community. they have a ten year age difference and his brother fled the community when nii was six years old. nii spent the years after his brother's disappearance continuing to defend levi's honour, occasionally getting into fights with those who had particularly negative things to say about the troubled boy. nii was never satisfied with his parents' claim that their family was better off without levi and continued to hold onto the hope that his older brother would one day return.

when nii was sixteen, one of his friends' siblings returned from university for the summer with the news that he'd seen levi in vancouver. before he could talk himself out of it, nii decided to tag along with this person when they returned to school in the fall. while reluctant, the person agreed because they knew how stifling and depressing their home community could be and wanted to help nii escape. once nii reached vancouver, his search quickly led to the discovery that levi had gotten involved with an incredibly illegal organization. over the ensuing six months, he managed to contact levi and insert himself into his life.

though as tumultuous as ever, levi turned out to be just as amazing an older brother as nii remembered him. even today, nii looks back fondly on the years he lived with levi in their shitty little vancouver apartment. unfortunately, they had a huge fight on the night of nii's nineteenth birthday and nii moved out the next day.

ever since, he has been living with his friend, kahil. they get along very well and nii appreciates how kahil often gets him to try new things, like star-gazing.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

KAHIL KAIKW

basics
.name | kahil kaikw
.age | 32
.gender | male
.ethnicity | irish and salish
.sexuality | bisexual
.birthday | may 2
.fc | evgeny
.occupation at the beginning |starving artist

appearance
.height | 5’10”
.build | naturally athletic and broad shouldered
.hair | natural curly red
.eyes | syrupy brown
.distinguishing features | a septum piercing, though he has it hidden most of the time

speech & communication
.pace of speech | relaxed and always with a slight hesitation, like every word is a chore
.accent/dialect | west canadian, deep and rough in tone
.demeanor | the epitome of standoffish. he likes his interactions short and efficient and it shows.
.posture | tense. he slouches.
.habitual gestures | always has his hands in his pockets. yawns when he's nervous.

attitudes & skills
.alignment | neutral good
.psychological state | resilient and intelligent, but with a hopelessly weak handle on his anger
.phobias | being psycho-analyzed, heights, dark magic.
.skills | enjoys learning for the sake of learning. his most recent hobbies include weaving, beading, and the cello.
.personality | he doesn't see the use in being nice to just anyone. he simply trusts that his community knows that he'd give them his last breath if it came down to it. but otherwise getting anything more than a grunt of acknowledgement out of him is like pulling fucking teeth.

empathetic. genuine. creative.
extremely quick to anger. irritable. closed-off.

family

rayleigh. -- father
fifty-one. extremely high profile businessman. they've never had much of a relationship, but kahil is always attentive when it comes to news of his wellbeing.

background
kahil had a fluctuating cast of parental figures. his father was seventeen when kahil showed up and his mother left when he was two years old. his father had always made money by suspicious means and it only escalated when he realized he was going to have to provide for a child. thus, kahil's early childhood was filled with the absence of his father. he would stay at the houses of family friends and, once he started school, the houses of his own friends. however, once he reached the age of twelve, it was decided that he was old enough to stay at home by himself and he began taking care of his father's apartment for the long stretches of time that he would be away for work.

kahil was an extremely independent child and learned to enjoy the time he had by himself. he filled his days with books and music, since his father's closest friend was a musician and had a diverse selection of instruments just laying around her house. so while he's not the most socially-intelligent creature, kahil certainly came out of his strange childhood a functional person. he went to university for art and has since been coasting along on the ridiculous amounts of money his father pulls in each month. he takes his craft seriously, but only in the sense that he's proud of his work and doesn't play into the "art world" in ways that would allow him to become successful. he paints and sculpts for himself and only for himself, using the modest money he makes with it to do random things that might spark new interests.

like star-gazing.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back