• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Night Doesn't Come -- Dark Psychological Horror (Warning: Creepy Factor)

OppositeInverse

The Origin of The End.
CS-> Realistic/Modern - They're Watching You.
OOC -> Realistic/Modern - OOC -- The Night Doesn't Come

This is another attempt at this idea in which the first time expressed a ton of interest, but for some reason people vanished. I only ask for people who will be genuinely interested and excited for this long term! Those who want a thrilling and deep horror experience with a good driving plot in which you will literally determine the outcome for the RP.

Details below. Click the interface if you dare.

"Don't."

So, I was playing Until Dawn and finally finished the game after giving it a whirl, and that horror game was spot on. The characters, the story, the horror, all of it was great. So I got to thinking, how cool would it be to create a horror RP based off the same dynamic, of character choices and decisions that affect the outcome of their fates' and path. As far as the horror antagonist, I was thinking the terror and theme would be a mix between Until Dawn, and Outlast (if you haven't heard of them it's okay, just check the trailers for them below. SCARY stuff.)

PLOT

~ A group of friends or characters in which one/several of the characters win a sweepstakes and get invited to this private getaway, but along the way they get served bad directions that leads them to an offpath, an old manor at the end of it. They stop to ask for directions and well.... you know the horror cliche. Except this time it won't be a creepy man or haunted houses. There's something else much darker and sinister waiting in that manor, and when they find out what...it could be too late. These characters would either know each other, be solo complete strangers, or a diverse cluster of people from all walks of life. Friends would make more sense organically but it's really up to the player. The choices would come in GM posts, as you and your characters are still free to make whatever choices you wish and free play to your personalities. The choices would probably be at the end of the GM post, and then set up every characters' scenarios and path considering which character made what choice. Just because it's a deep horror does not mean anyone has to die!! All depends on CHOICES. For instance:

1. Run! Fast as you can.
2. Stay completely still.. DO NOT MOVE
3. Pick the nearest hiding spot and hide.

Our characters would be free to make any one of those choices depending on the circumstances, but depending on what's chosen, some characters will have good fortune, while some or one may not be so lucky. I'm definitely open to more ideas if anyone has some, as the horror antagonist(s?) have already been planned. Just wanting to see who'd be down before I put too much energy into this. But yeah this will be deep, dark, psychological terror. You've been warned.

The Tone of the RP is A mix of this:

And this:

wpid-eyes_450x300.jpg

If you think you're ready for this, then respond!!! Reply / PM me for any questions and concerns!

ROLES

The Winner - OppositeInverse
The Best Friend - EllaaaEllaaaa
The Lover / Ex -
The Muscle - Ajax_Infinity
The Nice Guy/Girl -
Open Role -
Open Role -
Open Role -

**These are just roles I thought up, feel free to create a role you deem interesting. More slots can be added if needed per a lot of interest!

Last edited:
Oooo I haven't done many horror related rps but have always liked the idea of them, consider me interested, also interested in the muscle role.

Just wanted to say that I'll be watching this (not in the creepy way, maybe) for now. I like the psychological and horror genres (I'm familiar with the games you've mentioned, along with some other series and anime) and the way you present your idea for an RP, it seems likely that it'll be interesting.

Clarifying that I'm not saying I'll join. I like to give myself time to consider joining since I'm usually more in a spectating rather than a participating mood. But good luck to you and to all the poor characters that end up in this situation, I hope this RP works out whether I join or not.

I haven't done any horror rp, so I might as well give this a try :D

Oooo I haven't done many horror related rps but have always liked the idea of them, consider me interested, also interested in the muscle role.
Noted! Welcome, you are jumping past basic horror and right into the rabbit hole my friend lol

I haven't done any horror rp, so I might as well give this a try :D
Another rabbit holer, thanks I welcome you with open, bloody arms!

Im def interested as my first horror rp
#AnotherOne

Highly interested, I gotta wonder if it's like saw though.
Ohhhhh this is FAR from "I wanna play a game, there may be some puzzling themes but it's much more terrifying than doing specific commands to stay alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back