• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Anne Boolean

One Thousand Club
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! I'm looking to run a rp inspired by Nier Automata. It'll be completely AU with original characters, so you don't need to know anything about the game.

PLOT:
Earth has been attacked by aliens. They invaded by sending down Machines (basically robots) to take over the planet. Humans found themselves losing the war, so they had to retreat to the moon. As time passed and technology advanced, humans were able to develop cybernetic enhancements for soldiers who are deployed to Earth in order to reclaim the world.

The environment of the planet has also changed. Nature has reclaimed Earth, and flora and fauna alike have grown to gigantic sizes, presumably how they were before civilization. The ruins of cities are being torn apart by giant tries, with their roots breaking through the asphalt roads and their branches growing into the decrepit buildings. Giant wild animals such as moose and boars roam the streets.

As the mission to take back the planet proceeds, there have been reports of the Machines acting... strangely. Instead of attacking humans on sight, they seem to just stand around, staring blanking at their surroundings while occasionally taking a few steps back and forth. Even more have been seen emulating human behavior, some even going on to form the equivalent of various human communities and taking on roles of people within.

DETAILS:
In this rp, we would all be playing human soldiers who are deployed to Earth. Yes, a key difference between this and the game is the characters will be human, not androids. Cybernetic enhancements are available, but not necessary. Like in the games, hacking is a thing. It is used by humans and Machines alike, and cybernetic enhancements are a prime target for it. That's why many soldiers have opted for low-tech weaponry, such as swords, axes, bows, etc. High-tech weaponry is still around, but in limited availability. I have a little more lore in mind, but I'll post that if there's enough interest.

EXPECTATIONS:
I'd like for players to be able to make legible, coherent, and grammatically correct posts. Mistakes once in awhile are okay, but I don't want each post to be a struggle to read. In terms of length, nothing crazy is expected. 2 - 3 paragraphs will suffice, but more is of course allowed. Less is fine every so often as well, especially if the interactions don't call for longer posts. Just react to what everyone your character does/says and have them do something to move the interactions forward. For post frequency, I'd like a post from everyone at least once a week for each character played.

If you're interested, please comment here and let me know. If we get a good amount of people I'll go ahead and set something up!

Tag. You knew i was in but ill loose this otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back