• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
What's a threadmark? Haha

Siva

Just looking for an idea on how many people would be willing to do RP with me. Staying away from the main characters of the game (or, if included, left as passing NPCs) for flexibility's sake.

I can accommodate anywhere from one person to 4 others, I'll be playing as well, and will moderate and try to keep the story on track as best I can. I have only the faintest of story outlines currently, but working on it.

Originally, this was going to be a story I wrote (one of a few) but I figured I might dip my toes in here. If you're interested, leave a message here letting me know what's up :)

also, sorry admins! Read the rules and hope I'm not breaking any that I haven't seen yet. Literally posting this in my first ~10mins on the site lol. Just remove and DM me if I'm doing something wrong haha...

So, what were you thinking about for this? I love the Nier/Drakengard franchise, so I'm down for an RP for it.

Last edited:
So, what were you thinking about for this? I love the Nier/Drakengard franchise, so I'm down for an RP for it.
Ayy
So, in brief? Few years before or concurrent with Automata, an intact Machine Memory Core is acquired by YoRHa and decoded (somewhat miraculously), though the data is largely useless. However, located deep in the file structure, a reference to a "Vault" exists.

This particular machine, and others like it, feared but revered the Vault in question as a sort of God, searching for it tirelessly in what can only be described as a fanatical haze. Of course, Machines are incapable of such emotion or self-determinism, so the origin of this compulsion is unclear.

Despite this, YoRHa Command has designated this a Priority One subject, and has authorized the formation of a Special Interests Squad to investigate. The estimated coordinates of the Vault are contained in a dossier distributed to the CO of the Squad, but the Vault is located on the dusk side of Earth in a great desert. All other information about the Vault is classified, though it is easy to say there wasn't much.

It should be noted that this is wildly outside the AO of regular YoRHa operations, so extreme caution is recommended. Once the team has inserted, communications with the Bunker and all of YoRHa's data servers will cease, rendering the Squad vulnerable to a true death of sorts. To this end, the CO will be issued a special FAMMADD (Forearm Anteriorly Mounted Map and Data Display) to facilitate information gathering and gross data storage, including that of damaged or disabled YoRHa units for transplantation and reactivation, if possible.

Once the intentions of the Vault have been discovered and the location and/or contents either destroyed or secured, YoRHa units are requested to leave the site and inform command via any method available that they are ready for extract.
---
That's the brief description I have for now. The gameplay would be a hyper-simplified 5e system, using D20 for virtually everything. A little of how I've homebrewed:
Character creation is simple. 4 attributes:
Strength: 10 = +0, 12 = +1, 14 = +2, 18 = +3. Max 18.
Dexterity: Same as above
Knowledge: Same as Above
Constitution: 0 = 1HP (one hit death), 1 = 10 + 1D20, 2 = 20 + 2D20, 3 = 20 + 3D20, 4 = 20 + 4D20. Max 4, Min 0.
Luck: Random Roll of 1D6. The number you get is your luck, which you can spend one of on a reroll at a time.

Strength is used for Physical activities or attacking with heavy weaponry. Strength bonus determines both chance to hit, and damage.
Dexterity is used for attacking with light weaponry or ranged the same as strength, as well as dodging and speed based activities.
Knowledge is to resist hacks or execute them yourself, as well as general knowledge/awareness checks.
Constitution is simply your HP, you won't need to roll for it beyond the beginning.
You get 10 points to spend between the four, and they start at 10. Minimum is 8, with -1 to roll.

All dice during combat are D20.
Chance to hit is calculated like this:
Player Attack Roll/Enemy Dodge Roll. If enemy dodge roll is lower than player Attack roll, Enemy is hit. Natural 20 will always hit, even on enemy Natural 20. Natural 1 will always miss. If both numbers are equal, player can reroll for higher number. If roll doesn't go higher, attack misses.
Damage on hit is calculated like this:
Player Damage Roll/2, rounded down on uneven numbers. For example, if you succeed at a hit and roll a 15, your attack will land for 7. If you roll 15+3, you will hit for 9. Natural 20 will hit for a full 20 damage, and Natural 1 will hit for 0.
Note that Gun damage is nerfed, and calculated as Player Damage Roll/3, with Natural 20 always landing a 12 damage. This is to balance the less risky gameplay guns enjoy.
Player Dodge is calculated like so:
Enemy Attack/Player Dodge. So if an enemy rolls 15 to hit and you roll 15+0, enemy will reroll for higher number and miss if no higher number. If you roll 15+1, however, you will dodge successfully.
Hacking is calculated like so:
Player Knowledge Roll/Enemy Knowledge Roll. If yours is higher, enemy is stunned for 1 round. Same applies backwards for players.
All rolls made that are not Natural 20, but equal 20 or more after addition, will be divided and calculated as if they were not natural.

After that, a form:
Name:
Commission date (birthdate):
Height:
Appearance:
Personality:
Model Type:
Note: A, B, G, H, and S are allowed. O is also allowed, but I'll be playing one myself as CO in order to keep the thing going the right way. E is not.

And then, Equipment:
Weapon:
Secondary (for A and B types):
There aren't chips in this homebrew, mostly to prevent powergaming. KISS I guess.
Special: You're allowed ONE special item, as long as you disclose *ALL* of its properties to the GM. It can be used as an assist or tool of some form, or it can be a personal item. For example, the FAMMADD is my Special.

Each player is granted two full heals, and three half-heals at game start. Whether more are found is up to chance. It should be enough for the length I have planned.

About Pods:
There will be Three pods, distributed to the three most pertinent players, or to all players if there is too few for it to matter. Equipment on each TBD.

About abilities:
I haven't drafted anything yet, but abilities probably won't use exclusively D20. Likely a combination of D20 and smaller die to resemble larger effects, or lots of smaller effects combined into one attack, or even utility abilities.
Naturally, cooldowns will exist and I'll probably limit abilities to three combat/one utility per person, but unlimited usage during encounters pending cooldowns.

Otherwise, I think that's it for homebrew system. Enemies will follow this same system, and difficulty will scale enemy health and numbers based on players. There are no status effects aside from hacking, just ranged attacks and melee.
I am playing it a bit loosely with the Lore since it isn't exactly my forté, but I think I've managed to make everything at least semi-believable. Let me know what you think, I'm comfortable with either text-based or Voice Chat. If we go via text-based, I'm not sure if this site has a built-in dice roller, but if it doesn't, we'd be working off an honor system.

If you want more story to go along with this miniature textbook, I can write it up pretty easy :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back