• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Multiple Settings Nice Job, Idiot.

n i h i l i s m

my jinji don't you cry
Quick Note, Click Me!
So this is my first time attempting a quest log. If it sucks, I'm really sorry. I have to pick up things as I go along, you know? Being it my first time, I'll try to include as much write ins as possible to make sure the story goes the direction you guys want it to.

I'll generally wait for about 2-3 people to post their choices before carrying on with the story.

You awaken in a world that is nothing like the one you fell asleep in, bleary eyes opening to take in a dizzying array of pastel colors that must be the sky. Sitting up, you find yourself on the flat grassy top of a lone granite rock floating amidst the rainbow atmosphere. In the far off distance are larger rocks with impressive constructs settled on them. You decide to:

Options[ 1 ] Jump off the rock! The sky will probably cushion you since it's so warm and comfortable looking.

[ 2 ] Curse the other, nicer, rocks for having a larger budget than yours.

[ 3 ] Try and recall the events that led you here.

[ 4 ] Stand up.

[ 5 ] Write-in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ambivalence said:
Quick Note, Click Me!
So this is my first time attempting a quest log. If it sucks, I'm really sorry. I have to pick up things as I go along, you know? Being it my first time, I'll try to include as much write ins as possible to make sure the story goes the direction you guys want it to.

You awaken in a world that is nothing like the one you fell asleep in, bleary eyes opening to take in a dizzying array of pastel colors that must be the sky. Sitting up, you find yourself on the flat grassy top of a lone granite rock floating amidst the rainbow atmosphere. In the far off distance are larger rocks with impressive constructs settled on them. You decide to:

Options[ 1 ] Jump off the rock! The sky will probably cushion you since it's so warm and comfortable looking.

[ 2 ] Curse the other, nicer, rocks for having a larger budget than yours.

[ 3 ] Try and recall the events that led you here.

[ 4 ] Stand up.

[ 5 ] Write-in.
--> Try and recall the events that led you here.

[ 3 ] Try and recall the events that led you here. You think real hard, furrowing your brow and scrunching your nose together. This is a great first for you. The night you'd gone to sleep was just like any other, crammed into the thick and scratchy white sheets of your twin bed. Your mother kissed you goodnight and your father screamed something at the tv about gophers. Your mother opened her mouth to speak: "Goodnight ..."

Options

[ 1 ] Daniel

[ 2 ] Patricia

[ 3 ] Snorb

[ 4 ] Write-in.

4: His Highness Ivan Drago XVI, the boy-King of Bloodbathia.

NekoQueen49 said:
Phadia said:
[ 1 ] Daniel
"...Daniel." She shakes her head wistfully. "Why on earth did we name her Daniel?" You hear her muttering as she walks out of your dim bedroom. Laying your head on the creamy white pillow, you wait for sleep to envelop you and send you away to another world. Just as your eyes had gotten heavy, and the sounds of the living room had faded to a distant din, a brisk tapping at your window was heard, jolting you from the half-sleep half-awake euphoria. You decided to:

Options

[ 1 ] Investigate the noise.

[ 2 ] Ignore it and sleep.

[ 3 ] Write-in.

Investigate the noise. You tossed your blankets off with a burdened huff, getting out of your cozy warm bed and padding across the cold hardwood floor with barefeet. The floorboards squeaked in agony as you moved over them. Assuming it was just an animal or an overgrown tree branch making the noise, you opened the window without a second thought. A clacking sound was heard in the darkness outside, followed by a gravelly voice.

"Hey kid." You blinked in confusion, leaning your head out of the window in search for the voice (great idea, by the way). Speeding out of the darkness came the bleached white skull of a large gazelle, attached to the neck of a human body in a pinstripe tuxedo. He wrapped his bone hands around your throat, and swallowed you whole, his jaw unhinging to accommodate your large size.

And after that strange ordeal, you'd awoken here. Placing a hand on your throat in present time, you can feel blisters from where the bone hands of the mysterious creature had touched you. A large whooshing noise could be heard in the near distance. You look to see a golden, steam-powered ship flying through the psychedelic sky towards your rock. You decide to:

Options

[ 1 ] Stand up and get it's attention!

[ 2 ] Sit and wait for it.

[ 3 ] Ponder existence.

[ 4 ] Write-in.

Stand up and get it's attention! You climb to your feet, and the lone rock begins to wobble uncontrollably as a count of the disproportionate balance. You feel your legs come out from under you, and you're falling. Arms flailing, voice cracking and shrieking all the way down as you fall to your death. As you plummet the soft pastel colors turn to a harsh black that obscures all vision. You hit something with a sickening crack, losing consciousness.

You're jolted awake by the poking of something sharp into your face. A warm glow burns the outside of your eyelids, and as you open your eyes the world begins to spin. A painful throbbing beats a harsh rhythm in the back of your head, and as the world finally stops it's maddened carousel you can see the figures in front of you in the dim lantern's light. An overgrown bipedal rat wearing a tattered turban and a hunched over figure whose brown gunny sack hood is pulled low over it's face. You decide to:

Options

[ 1 ] Scream.

[ 2 ] Steal their lantern and run off into the darkness.

[ 3 ] Ask if they have any ibuprofen.

[ 4 ] Write-in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back