• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nexus Academy of Magic (Reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Just as things were wrapping up Ellie arrived with another new student Warner arrived. When Warner came in he offered Magnus sweet tea and pie. Alice glanced at Magnus trying not laugh. She knew very well how much will power he was having right now. After he accepted it and placed it next to him Alice walked over and picked it up. "I'm just going move this out of the way so there aren't any distractions." She brought the sweet tea and pie into the kitchen and sat it on the counter. She then went back to the table everyone was and sat down.
Quinlan63 Quinlan63
Oberon97 Oberon97

Last edited:
joy-2-jpg.589026

J.D. White
JD followed Andrew through the halls, trying her best to not be too captivated by the portraits and tapestries of heroes and previous students. Once they entered the room her mouth dropped slightly once she saw him create the coat rack, just simply create it. She didn't pay attention much in physics, but she was almost a hundred percent sure that you couldn't simply create matter. But then again, this was magic. She mirrored him and removed her own jacket, leaving her with the black tank top and shorts. She put her hood on the coat rack and turned back to him. "How did I feel?" she asked, "I don't know. When I summoned Romero I just sort of did it. I don't know how I did it, my body just moved on it's own."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Warner Holton

He listened closely to the headmasters words and sighed in relief when he heard that he wouldn't after go on some journey of self discovery, smoke some drugs or any other hippy crap. Warner mulled over in his mind what kind of stuff he could do or say to bring forth a familiar and while doing so the headmaster made the room expand which was dizzying to experience. He waved his hands in the air in some motion that he didn't really organize just kind of randomly and said, "Alakazam!" Then he looked around the room to see that nothing had changed and nothing appeared and spit out, "abra kabra...bippity boppity boo!" Still nothing appeared and he was starting to feel down on himself, "I don't know bout this sir..." Finally, he gave one last look trying to look inside himself for a phrase...a name...something important to him. Warner stood up and walked to a more central part of the room then reaching his hand to his hip as though grabbing his whip. "Ride 'em down, Cyrus..." Warner said in a more serious tone then before and motioned his hand as he would if he were cracking his whip but to his surprise he heard an audible crack louder than he had ever done himself, he felt a wave of heat, a gentle breeze and could see dust rising up with the scent of home. Once all the commotion slowed down Warner looked in front of him to see a horse bigger than he had ever seen. He was at least twenty hands tall, had solid black coat with white tufts of hair around its hooves, his eyes were a steely grey and Warner was pretty confident it was a draft horse. Warner stood with his mouth open looking at the horse then at Magnus then back at the horse, "I...thats...I did that?!" He whistled and said, "Daaaaamn what a beauty!", and walked around the horse a couple times looking it up and down, placing his hand on Cyrus's face and down to his nose. He looked back and Magnus and asked confused, "But now what do I do?"
Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Last edited:
Rolling up his sleeves Andrew thought about how what to tell JD. He hadn't actually taught another person before today and didn't want to lead her astray. Yes he was good in all his classes but that was due to raw talent than to actual work. He could of slept through most of his classes and still got the same results. This didn't make him the top student or anything. It just made all of his professors disappointed that he didn't try to be more than he is. This was just one of those moments where he was told that he was going to have to put some effort into what he was doing. "Ok if you can't remember then we can only try to replicate that feeling in you. That way once you know how that feels you can cast spells much easier. I do know the feeling is a little different for everyone except for the rush of power that flows through your body. Once you have a feel to the power you can draw on it at anytime to cast spells. Which in this case you will try to conjure a mage light like this." Raising his hand with the palm facing up a small orb of light started to grow until it was the size of a softball. "Alright now you try and don't worry plenty of people fail on their first try."

Jz-ahn Jz-ahn

Magnus watched as Warner tried as he might to summon his familiar. Good thing for him Magnus had seen people use every conceivable method known to man. Yeah Warner wasn't winning any style points today but he did come close to embarrassing. He looked over only for a second to see Alice come over to take the pie and sweet tea (bless her) and ask Ellie to go into the kitchen. He didn't see a problem with this so he just continued to watch Warner hoping he could make it work. Finally after he started to question if it was ever going to happen a gust of wind and sand left a large horse in his office. It was a magnificent creature to say the least when many would love to have a familiar they could also ride on. "Yes you did it young Warner," Magnus replied. "As for what now, you start on your journey to become a mage." Reaching into his pocket dimension Magnus pulled out an enchanted ring and placed it on the table for Warner to take. "And to start off here is your focusing item that you will need for your studies. While you were it you will be able to control your magic much easier. For that reason alone I would also suggest that you don't lose it." Remembering that there were a few things missing he pulled out a magic bag and a piece of paper. He had forgotten to give Jocelyn's to her but she will do fine for now since Andrew was with her. "In here are all the books and supplies you will need for you studies. And this is a copy of the academy rules that must be followed by everyone here. Your uniform should be in your room so that should be everything you need."

Oberon97 Oberon97 animegirl20 animegirl20 Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

Warner Holton

Warner gladly took the ring from Magnus and looked over it to see what appeared to simply be a braided band of gold, silver and some sort of black material. He put it on his finger and thanked the headmaster before then receiving a bag with all of his books and supplies that he would need to study magic. Finally, he started to read over the rules for the school and listened to Magnus mention a uniform. Warner stood up and started to leave but before exiting the room looked back inside and asked, "Where should I go now? Are there papers in here for private studies I should do to catch up?"
Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Chouko Qalli
Chouko had dashed out of the music room, not before taking an ocarina from the room, hoping the teacher wouldn't mind her using it since she had the inkling to do something with music. She didn't notice Azura smiling and just ignoring the theft. She would come back with it, apologize and given a proper instrument built for her. Now...What wood to use that resounded the best? She stopped when she realized that she hadn't even summoned her familiar yet and sighed heavily before bringing up the ocarina to her lips and blowing a bit into it. It sounded hollow and one noted, she pursed her lips in thought but shook her head a bit. It wouldn't do any good to experiment with music without instruction but she sighed before, looking at the hallway that seemed vaguely familiar before going down a different one. She hoped she would wind up at the headmaster's office or at least someplace...and she wound up at her adopted father's office...She hung her head and Zain opened the door, gesturing to his left and she followed without being told. They walked, Zain knowing the school layout better than Chouko and lead her straight to Magnus' office before knocking twice and leaving her there, whispering in her ear, "Good luck, daughter." She smiled brightly at encouragement from him and waited.

Interaction: Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Magnus watched Warner as he examined the ring and put it on and thank him for it. After h took the magic bag and its contents and proceeded to read the rules. He was about to tell him something else but Warner seemed to be in a hurry to get started. Not that he could blame him of course but Magnus could not remember exactly telling him they were done. No mind Magnus was gonna send him to get started with Andrew and Jocelyn anyway. "Here take this map and go to the room marked," he said handing him a map he marked with an "X" indicating the room he must go too. "You could just read up on anything you would like to work on but you still don't have a full understanding of how to channel your magic yet. Andrew will be able to help you with that so head on now so we can hopefully get you to your last class." Magnus let him on his way only to have a new visitor arrive a few minutes later. It just happened to be the newly revived Chouko Airi Qalli , Zain's adopted daughter and sister to Misaki Akari Himegami. "Well hello there, I was wondering when I was going to be seeing you again after your.... Rebirth. What can I do for you today, well beside what I've already done for that is."

Oberon97 Oberon97 RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

joy-2-jpg.589026

J.D. White
JD thought it over and found that he was right. When she summoned Romero she had felt a rush of power like energy fueled her heart and pumped her blood. It felt like her senses were heightened and her perception of reality turned upside down, while still being intact. But that was just the feeling of using it, she had no idea how to really conjure it. And the conjuration of this white light was no exception. She could see how he did it, but she just didn't understand it. How was she supposed to do it? Was she just supposed to imagine white light and then make it appear? It seemed so simple and yet she just couldn't wrap her head around it. But nonetheless, she put her hands out to do whatever Andrew had just done. She closed her eyes and focused on the center of her palms, doing her best to create an orb of light as he had done. She imagined her body like a river, and she was pumping water through that. More and more, the water representing power and her body the catalyst. She opened her eyes then to see if it had worked, and of course, it hadn't. "Sorry teach but I don't think I'm good at this magic thing."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Andrew had been hoping that he would at least sense Jocelyn channel a little bit of magic from within. Unfortunately that seemed to not be the case yet. He hasn't had to deal with anyone who failed this hard before in his entire time studying magic. Granted in most cases that was because everyone he had to help just had issues with specific spells and not accessing the magic inside them. He knew this would be a big issue for her if she couldn't handle doing this. Then he just thought of something that could help her with this problem. He had been approaching this like a normal class lesson when maybe she needed something a little different. From what he saw of her already she was really good at fighting and that could be used to help. "That's fine we might need to approach this differently," he replied. "I am only assuming that you aren't always so relaxed and composed. Because of this you might have issue with using your magic this way. Normally when you start out casting spells most will have a calm and relax composure to themself. You on the other hand seem tense even when you're trying to relax. But I do remember that when you were trying to fight me you had been focused." With the wave of his hand he created a punching bag suspended from the ceiling and a pair of boxing gloves. "Here put these on and I want you to imagine that the bag is someone trying to hurt you or a loved one of yours. I want you to try and focus the magic inside you and concentrate it inside your fist. If you do it correctly you should have a better idea how it feels to draw out your magic. Just remember that those ears you have are used to help channel your magic. Oh and if it helps magic can also been drawn out using trigger words that correspond to the effect that you want to create."

Jz-ahn Jz-ahn

Warner Holton

Warner looked down at the map that Magnus had given him and left the room with an excitement in his heart like that of a pre-pubescent school girl getting ready to go to her first school dance. For awhile he wandered the halls looking down at the map and around him to make sure he was where he needed to be but got lost a couple of times along the way. While he was walking he also realized something...the clopping of hooves behind him. Although it was just shortly earlier he had already forgotten that the horse was still with him and now wondered what he was suppose to do with him. However, Warner finally reached the room that had been labeled on the map and he could hear a couple people inside talking. He sort of awkwardly knocked on the door before peaking in and saying,
"Sorry to interrupt but the Headmaster told me to head on down over here for...magic things." As he stood awkwardly in the door way Cyrus also poked his head in the door over Warners.
Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Jz-ahn Jz-ahn

joy-2-jpg.589026

J.D. White
JD raised an eyebrow and gave a wide grin. "Alright high top, you're finally speaking my language." She took the boxing glove and fastened them to her wrists, listening to him the whole way through. He was right, she was completely focused when she went into "battle mode", that's what Romero called it at least. When she started fighting everything just felt... right. And she already knew who she planned imagining as the one who was to hurt her family. The same piece of shit that killed her uncle, and the same piece of shit that got off scot-free. She closed her eyes and focused, imagining the ugly and dark face of the malicious bastard, his smile, his eyes, she couldn't help but feel weak by them. He was just so... perfect, quite literally in every way. When they had first met she had hated him, but as time went on they got closer, and eventually she trusted him with her life. She was weak to his scent, his looks, his smile, she melted at the very thought of him. And it's what made it so easy to take advantage of her, and what made it so much easier to get to Romero. Her body tensed at the very thought of it, her muscles quivering and aching with uncontainable rage and hate. She opened her eyes then, and before her wasn't a punching bag, but the man who ruined her life. She spat at the ground and released a quick wave of punches at the bag. The clapping sound of the gloves against the leather of the bag rang through the air like a punching bag as she let out all the anger and stress that had built up in her mind and body. Her mind and body were both completely focused, but relaxed. She felt so much... anger, so much hate. The very existence of that man made her blood boil! But yet what made it even more frustrating was that the light still wasn't there. This magic, she didn't feel it, she didn't feel anything. "Ugh!" She yelled as she gave the bag one last heavy punch, sweat beading down her body. "Can't I at least do this right?" She panted and glared at the punching back. "This is so frustrating!" She pushed herself off of the punching bag and turned away from Andrew. She could tell her anger was misplaced, she knew enough of that, but she couldn't help it. She just couldn't stand that guy!

Just then Warner entered the room, she looked at him, and then looked back at Andrew. "Shit... Whatever, I'm gonna get some water." She muttered. She turned to the door and exited with Romero in toe.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Oberon97 Oberon97

Andrew had been a bit more upset than he would of expected from Jocelyn failing. He didn't blame her but his own inability to use certain actions to help her in a more quick fashion. He could have easily used the enchantment he learned to draw out magic from a person. Yeah it was pretty much cheating but at this rate she was gonna be the worst student in the history of the academy. He's pretty sure though if she could get past this complication that she had some potential. When she walked out with her familiar he finally turned to Warner who had come by the instruction of the headmaster. Andrew wasn't feeling so confident but if he was to be instructed by him then he had no choice but to try. Before he sent anything he sent Brutus to go follow Jocelyn to make sure she didn't get lost or get into trouble. "Alright then let's see to start off normally we start off with everyone learning mage light so they are used to harnessing their magic. Have you received the paper telling you what kind of magic that you are proficient in yet? That would be very helpful in speeding this up. The faster you learn this the faster you can join the other students."

Oberon97 Oberon97 Jz-ahn Jz-ahn

Chouko Qalli
Chouko chuckled a bit in nervousness but pushed it off.
"Summoning my familiar. I tried to go to class before realizing I hadn't summoned one yet. I came here to have some help with it. Oh, I did swiped this from Professor Azura. I didn't mean to, she possibly knows and will probably be mad at me. I want to give it back but...*sigh* I just need help summoning my familiar, sir."
She said, showing the Ocarina when she mentioned 'stealing' it, rambling a bit before sticking to one topic. She's had that bit of a problem with her speech, she would go from one topic to another. She still had a limp in her step but it wasn't something she couldn't handle. She just wanted to see what animal would be her familiar.

Azura Indukala
Azura knew full well that Chouko stole one of many ocarinas she had. It wasn't special, she had plenty of spares, at least twenty of them. Each she had collected since they looked amazing and sounded amazing, but how her water seemed to vibrate around Chouko in a tune that she could hear without closing her eyes to concentrate to hear it....She gathered quite a bit of water in the air, swirling it in a way that would resemble a peacock, before whispering into the water to send the message to Magnus. She would be helping create the item needed for Chouko, and tell Chouko she could keep the ocarina. She had plenty. On another note, she did want to know what his opinion is on what wood would be best for the item. Whenever he was available and no rushing needed, she just wanted his opinion. With its message safely stored in itself, the watery bird flew towards the office.

"Really now? I guess with all that has been going on we never did get the chance to help you summon your familiar. And I would hate to send you to class with being the only one without one. Which reminds of something else we forgot." Getting up from the table he moved back over to his desk and opened the bottom drawer to pull out a crystal orb. Taking it he returned to the table and waved to Chouko for her to come closer. "Before we do that please place your hand on the orb please. This will tell us what kind of magic you are gifted in using. It's best we know that first before we proceed." Just then he got a message sent from Azura telling him about that Chouko could keep the ocarina. That was nice of Azura to do although he figured this also had to do with the fact she had plenty to go around. She had also wanted to help make Chouko's focusing item, which he didn't mind. Lastly she wanted to know what kind of wood would be the best for the item. As wasn't sure what it would be yet he was gonna figure that out later with her. Secretly he sent a spirit back relaying all this back to Azura and for her to come and see him later sometime before independent study time as he would be working with a student during that time.

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Last edited:
Warner Holton

He could see that the girl with the light blue hair seemed a little frustrated with her lesson as she and her wolf walked past him out of the room. Once she was past him Warner walked inside the room with Cyrus just behind him looking and he looked at the door that the girl had just stormed out of then back at Andrew. "Well the paper that I got said something 'bout runic enchantments. Not that really know what that stuff is suppose to be...sounds like one of them video game terms." He walked further into the middle of the room and stood in front of Andrew, "So, you havin' a bit'a trouble teachin' cuz I don't really know if this is suppose to be easy or difficult to do but based on her reaction...I'm thinking hard?"
Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Azura Indukala
Azura got the message and grinned widely with glee. Now all she needed was to take some samples of old wood she had on hand.
'Now...What woods should I take?'
A hoot echoed through the room and Azura looked to the upper right to see her familiar, Jyotis. A snowy owl sat there before it swooped down before settling on her right shoulder, nuzzling her right cheek. The owl looked a light blue with deepening coloration of blue on the feathers. He had the eyes of a waterlike nebula but he pushed a bit on her head before flying to a perch of a flat surface next to her.
Hello Water Dancer, you seem to be in a thinking mood today. Helping create an item for a new student?
"Got it right on the beak, Jyotis. But I don't know what old wood samples to take with me? I know soft woods would work but hardwoods work just as well. There are so many out there in the world. Its hard to choose..."
Since we're talking about woods, why not magical kinds of wood, ones that would resonate with a user?
"Old wood samples first before jumping to magical kinds of wood. The older the magic in a wood, the stronger it is. I don't want to make an item with old magical wood. So, using wood that has been stripped on any magic, even ones from the other realms, and taking some with me to Magnus. Hopefully, she would be a student I would love to teach."
Hm....Makes sense. Magic does tend to work in a funny way at times...By the way Azura, been wanting to ask about that book you borrowed from Zain. Any good?
"Its a good read, but I gave it back to him since it was becoming boring."
Really? I could've read the damned thing!
"You would've dragged me into reading the entirety of the book before discussing the various plot holes the book has or any theories you seem to spot with those eyes of yours, and dragging poor Zain into this whole mess! I don't want a repeat of last time."
Fine....I'll go roost someplace to get some sleep. Let me know when someone comes in so I can scare them a bit.
"Alright."
Azura said to Jyotis. It was a common thing for them. Talk about various things before arguing over anything pertaining to books. But for now, she choose only four old wood samples. Yew, Koa, Pernambuco (Brazil Wood), and redwood. Two hard woods and two soft woods. She smiled at herself before looking at the clock. It was third class of the day and she had a bit of time before she had to show up.

Chouko Qalli
Chouko looked at the orb with a raised eyebrow but shrugged her shoulders and placed her left hand on the orb. She just held her hand there for possibly a few minutes but nothing seemed to happen.
'Man, really wish something would happen right now. I'm still skeptical of this whole ordeal with magic, but I need to be strong and not rely on Misaki. I may have been brought back but she's still my twin. Oh...I just wish we didn't do what we did but what choice did we have? I was possessed by a deranged spirit and I was slowly losing what sanity I had left since I kept calling Misaki the dead twin's sister's name. The girl just wanted to see her twin again, but she had to latch onto my twin and cause her such pain in her life. Even being afraid of the color red and butterflies. No more....We are who we are. We were defined on who we are with our actions, choices, and accept the consequences as they come. Damned it be those who try to cheat what life can bring them. A sweet melody, from an instrument or voice, can sooth only so much pain. I want to help heal those who are hurt with this melody...'
She thought as she kept her left hand on the orb, making it glow, and she blinked several times to see little notes dancing in the glow.

Last edited:
joy-2-jpg.589026

J.D. White
JD moved out of the room and headed towards the hall, although didn't look for a fountain and instead entered the first bathroom she saw. Ignoring the beautiful god-like decor, she went to the sink and turned on the faucet and let water pour down. She cupped her hands under the cold water and splashed it onto her face, again and again until her tank top was soaking wet and water dripped down her skin, she didn't stop until the cold tingling sharp sensation of water hitting her face was practically numb. Stop it, she thought to herself, stop it, stop it, stop it! She had to stop, she refused to keep thinking about... about him. She had to find a way to calm herself down! And yet when she looked back up at the mirror she could see him, practically feel him breathing down her neck. His arms wrapping around her waist in the comforting way it always did when he wanted to cheer her up, large burly arms strong enough to hold down even her, and yet gentle and precise enough to not make her mad. His hugs were, at one point, the only thing that helped her life calm down. But now, it was just a cold, painful reminder of her naivety and idiocy, that feeling would always be with her, forcing her to accept her weaknesses. And she hated it.

"Get out of my head!" She yelled and slammed her fist into the mirror. The glass broke and shattered, creating long elapsed cracks across the rest of the mirror that focused around her fist, which now had small glass shards inside of it. It wasn't much, hopefully, nothing that would cause any permanent damage, but it was something she'd still have to fix. She quickly dropped down and held her bleeding hand, biting down on her bottom to make sure she didn't scream. "Fuck... Fuuuuuck!" She hissed. She raised her shaking hand and turned it to make sure she didn't just feel like it wasn't too bad. She was right though, it wasn't too bad. She had punched glass before, and the pain from before was much worse than this. "Shit... I need alcohol."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

"Oh really, that's good," said Andrew. "No this should be fairly easy for you. Jocelyn just seems to be having her own personal issues she needs to work out. As for seeing about getting you started, in your magic bag you should have book on runic enchantment that gives you the rune for light. By writing it out and channeling mana into it you should be able to cast magelight." Unfortunately Andrew wasn't the biggest expert on runes so he didn't remember which one it was but that is the reason they had books on every subject on hand. But to at least be a bit helpful opening his hand to materialize a pen the raised his other hand to materialize a chair and table with a stack of blank papers. "You can start with correctly drawing the rune before you try the real thing. If you draw it incorrectly it can have unintended effects."

Meanwhile, Bruno had done as Andrew asked and followed Jocelyn at a safe distance. Everything was fine until once he saw her inside the bathroom punching mirrors with her bare hands. She didn't look like she was in too much pain but it still wasn't a good sign. From his experience watching humans, that only happened when they were angry about something but had no better outlet for that anger. Things seemed to have calmed down so he moved forward and nudged his swout against her to get her attention. Yeah he couldn't talk but Bruno wanted to make sure that she knew someone was there to help her.

Jz-ahn Jz-ahn Oberon97 Oberon97

"Wonderful," said Magnus." Simply wonderful Chouko. It seems that you are naturally talented in the art of music magic." Magnus just sat there for a moment watching the musical notes float out of the orb in the air creating a song all on its own. He wasn't exactly what song it was but it was beautiful to the ear. "Anyways," he said shaking himself out of the trance Magnus took the orb and put it away for later. "As for your familiar all you have to do is call out to it in a way that feels the most natural to you. In your case you could play something on that ocarina which I have been informed by Azura is now yours. You could also just try to call them by name, draw a summoning circle with symbols that are significant you, or meditate until you find them and bring them into the physical world. Whatever seems right to you is the method that should work the best."

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Bithiah the Bad
Bithiah patiently waited until class was almost over to begin testing the students on their handiwork. Soon enough though, it was 15 minutes before the bell rang, prompting Bithiah to declare "Time's Up! Everyone, drop your chalk! Stand in the middle of your circle and wait for assessment." Bithiah scanned the room and was at first tempted to put that bratty loudmouth in her place, but then her icy heart leapt upon spying a sobbing wreck located in the back of the class, one who hadn't finished their circle. "I sssssmell weaknesssss" Apophis said inaudibly in a sing-song squeal of delight. "We will be starting at the rear of the classroom this time around" Bithiah started to weave her way through poorly drawn magic circles until arriving before Anna. "There's nothing to be ashamed of my dear student, not everyone is able to do things right the first time. Nevertheless, I must treat all my students equally, and I feel that experience is the best teacher. In the real world, your enemies will show no mercy, no pity, no remorse, and it matters not how pitiable or sympathetic you are. The slightest crack or weakness can spell your doom. Consider this your first and last warning, in matters of life and death there is no time to feel sorry for yourself." And at the end of this short speech, Bithiah blasted away Annabelle with a massive gust of wind and moved on to the next shield. Bithiah may be ruthless, lacking tact, petty, mean, and even a tad sadistic, but each and every exercise done in her classroom had a purpose, this first one had several. It was not, as many students thought, to test everyone on their ability to perfectly copy the circle. In fact, what she purposely failed to mention was that this particular circle would do absolutely nothing to stop them from getting knocked on their back as happened earlier to everyone in the classroom. Rather it was to test several things at once, the ability to obey instructions quickly and without complaint, the ability to complete the given task during the timeframe given, and lastly but most importantly, whether they could keep cool under fire and trust in their own abilities for protection (whether or not it actually succeeded).

Last edited:
Warner Holton

Warner smiled at Andrew but still had an unease inside about the girl who had pushed her way out of the room. The man seemed to have called her Jocelyn and he made sure to take note of this for later use. "Yes'r," Warner said then bringing out the bag and searching around for this book on Runic enchantment and when he finally found it he was astonished by the size of the book pulling it out and putting it down on the desk with a solid thud. He then took the pen that Andrew had just made materialize and looked him questioningly as he looked at it and took some paper from the pile. "So I draw this rune thang, which I should be good at, then I put my mana in it...and boom bam it should work?" Warner opened up the book and started going through at first just looking at the intricate designs of all the runes. He could help but find all of them so fascinating and just pleasant to look at but as he was going through he found the runic design for mage light and started on sketching it out. "By the way, if you need to help her out for a second or somethin' you can leave me. I'm sure I won't blow up...or at least I hope." He said with a bright white smile from years of high quality dental health care and flossing.
Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Minerva, as always, was diligent In her studies and in her work and as such wasted no time getting into the task at hand. It also helped that Minerva already knew Bithiah and was all too familiar with her merciless attitude and suffocating aura. That alone was a huge advantage considering how most students were caught off guard by the woman’s actions at the start of class. When others were busy accepting the situation, fumbling with their chalk and or having a mental breakdown, Minerva was already drawing the circle with ease. She was accustomed to chalk at this stage and magic circles were everywhere she looked since long before she could remember.

Just before Bithiah had called a fault to the drawing Minerva finished her circle. It was a perfect mimicry of Bithiah’s and although ultimately it would prove useless against her attack it was something the young mage could be proud of. Bithiah however likely wouldn’t acknowledge the circle as complete seeing as she was. Well Bithiah the Bad.

Standing firm in the centre of her circle Minerva braced herself for the incoming attack unaware of the fact her circle was completely useless.

MrThe MrThe

Lixue Abari Thorn
Lixue has drawn her circle but some lines were poking out at random locations. Asha just looked at circle before landing on her left shoulder, waiting to be tested on the drawing. She wasn't in the back but the middle. She hoped she was good enough to pass the class but experience can only tell.
Do not fear what is to come. We will pass this or learn from our failure.
Asha said to Lixue, making her smile slightly.

Chouko Qalli
Chouko looked at the ocarina and put it up to her lips, blowing a few notes before a song swept her up, making her do a little dance step while thinking of a name. Anil....That name stuck with her and made the ocarina sing out the name. A few yips before a happy scream came coming into existence, right next to her. And she was blinking in surprise at the Fennec fox, the fox looked like to have a few notes in its fur. It lifted its nose with a haughty nose lift to the left. Its eyes were music line in a circle with a series of notes in it.
Must you say that I'm an it, when clearly a male. Now, those notes were quite good but not enough to make anyone really pay attention to you.
"Your an attention hog or someone that attention on them almost all the time."
No, I want to teach you to flourish where you can, but first, lets get out of this office and speak with your adopted father.
"Ok? I'll see you later, headmaster. I'm going to chat with my dad until independent study."

Misaki Himegami
Misaki was sweating. She didn't like how the teacher just attacked one of them without reason but possibly because of all the experience she had behind her. Her circle wasn't quite up to snuff but had little odds and ends to the circle. Hmm....While she wanted to fix it to be exactly like the teacher's but with how someone copied it perfectly and it got shattered like that, made her think that each circle was different. Or at least have a personal flair to it. Oh well, lets see where it goes.
"Not that I mind the personal touch thing. Drawing circles at this level is quite an experienced magic user. We may get hurt in the process. We just have to see where this goes."

Interaction: Quinlan63 Quinlan63 MrThe MrThe

joy-2-jpg.589026

J.D. White
JD jumped at the feeling of the animal against her skin but softened after she took a look into his eyes. He was a strange beast, but she recognized him as Andrews familiar. "Don't worry... I'm fine, just a little scratch is all." She raised her shaking hand and ran it under the tap water. It stung, but it helped to wash away some of the blood. That's when her attention turned to the wolf Romero, who oddly hadn't said anything, nor had he done anything. From how defensive he seemed to be she expected him to be making sure she was okay, but now it seemed like he didn't even care. "Freaking weirdo..." she muttered. She removed her hand from the tap, one good thing did come out of this. She wasn't thinking about him anymore. With that out of the way she held her hand up and walked back to Andrew, she'd need to get some bandages.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Hector had been drawing the circle step by step being very careful as best as he could. Unfortunately, he was not an artist by any stretch of the imagination resulting in it not coming out so well. He tried the best he could but he didn't have steady hands so the lines in the circle didn't always come out straight. On his part it was a valiant effort but he was pretty sure he was gonna be lying across the room too today. He just needed to hope that whatever happened it wasn't going to hurt so bad. I'm totally screwed..... That may be so but at least you tried your best. True but I can only hope that failing won't result in an accidental death.

MrThe MrThe

"Alright I'll check back in with you later," said Andrew. "Oh and don't worry I doubt you will blow up on your first day. That normally only happens when someone tries to experiment." With that Andrew left out to go find Jocelyn before something happens. He hadn't known where she had gone but since Bruno was with her he could find them pretty easily. Using a tracking spell he was able to follow the path that they took. This lead him to the sight of a newly injured JD with Bruno and her familiar Romero in tow. He was going to say something but Bruno pushed him before he could. Don't say anything she seems fine to me. All she needs is some bandages to stop the bleeding on her hand. I would suggest that you handle that if you must do something. Andrew breathed a sigh trying to focus on the fact that Bruno was right and focus on just helping her with her bleeding hand. "Huh let me handle that for you," he said pointing at her hand only for a bandaid to appear perfectly in place. "I'm sorry if my teaching methods haven't been helping you. I had just recently graduated so I have never helped anyone who just started to learn. I can request to have someone to help you if you like?"

Jz-ahn Jz-ahn

"Come on Josef! If you don't hurry we won't have enough time to gather all the herbs grandma wanted!"
"Annie! Slow down you're going to end up getting us lost!"
"You're way too dramatic Josef! All we have to do is follow the stream back to the city walls, it's impossible to get lost in the outer forest anyway. It's Patrolled anyway!"
"It's patrolled because we aren't supposed to enter it, Annie!"
"What are you? A scared little kitten! Come on, you know there's no real danger in the outer forest. The barrier keeps us all safe you numbskull!"
"J,j,j just because I'm trying to be responsible doesn't mean I'm a scared little kitten, Annie! The outer forest is off limits for a reason! We shouldn't go there!"
"Pff, your sixteen get a hold of yourself, I'm a year older than you and I say it's okay. So it's okay. Okay?"
"Yeh! And I'm the numbskull!"
"Oh be quiet you!"
"hehehehe"
"Hey, don't laugh at me, Annie!"
"hehehehe"
"No! Don't you! Laugh at me!"
"hehehehe"
"Annie! Annie! Where did you go!"
"hehehehe"
...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
3hrs later
"Um Captain.... we've found, well we've found what seems to be.... oh god the smell.... the ravaged carcasses of two young civilians out here in the outer forest. I repeat over"
Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Users who are viewing this thread

Back