• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nexus Academy of Magic (Reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Morkari watches as Ratel starts purring, and Anna Conri. Anna stops petting Ratel by accident, who then let's Morkari know another familiar is nearby. "Oh?" Morkari looks around. After looking around a bit, he stood up to look on the other side of the horse, only to see a fox. "Oh? I think your familiar has found you Anna. Looks to me like a very pretty fox. Though I could be wrong. Reminds me of a... what was it again? AH! A fennec I believe it is. See if you can open your mind to it Anna. Or at the least let it come over to you so you can touch them. I'm sure they want to meet you." Morkari walks over and attempts to pick up the fox. He was hoping the small fox would allow him to carry them over to Anna. If not, oh well, hopefully Anna would call her familiar over to her.

YUNA JEON

proxy.png
Yuna did as the Headmaster told her and sat beside her purple-haired roommate, all while sending her a sharp glare and a disapproving frown. After sitting however, she immediately whipped her head to the opposite direction, crossed her arms and let out out an audible huff. Why does she have to be in the same room as the annoying midget again? She still thinks Nachuki should be the only one getting reprimanded.

The pink-haired pretended to gag when she heard what the Headmaster's punishment was. Eating lunch? With the munchkin? Preposterous! But then again, this was a little bit better than the punishments she would normally receive. She internally shivered as she recalled being forced to clean bathroom stalls, pulling stray weeds, and getting classroom duties for a whole month.

Hmph! Well, she guess she could humor them. They should feel honored that she was willing to have lunch with them. With that, the egotistic female reached out for her lunch- except she didn't bring one.

On cue, a familiar-looking, white-haired, female entered the room. It was the girl sitting behind her in class. The one who was amazed by her awesome 'pink' magic. Ah geez! What will she think of her now that she saw her in the Headmaster office? She'll lose a fan!

"O-Ohohoho, fancy of you to invite me, the great Yuna, to have lunch with you, Mister Headmaster."

She suddenly spouted, red dusting her cheeks as she tried her best to make it seem like she wasn't getting punished. She watched as Minerva waltzed over to their direction, swiped the Headmaster's food and replaced it with a better-looking one. Stunned, Yuna stared with gaping mouth until she heard her tell them the Headmaster was her father.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUH!? She's his daughter!? That's bad news! Yuna has terrible experiences with people with connection to the higher-ups. They tend to think they're better than her and belittle her for being an orphanage kid. Although the white-haired seemed to be different...

"Oh, uh, yeah, where was I? Oh yeah! I kind of... forgot my lunch?"

Uasal Uasal Quinlan63 Quinlan63

LAVIGNA LOCKHEART

MV5BYmQwMmE2OTYtM2I5My00OGNlLWEyMTItYTMwMTUxZTA1ZjVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDQxNjcxNQ@@._V1_.jpg
Lavigna's grin started to twitch when water splashed all over her, drenching her white blouse and office skirt. She retracted her arm from Azura, facing the other professor while looking somewhat annoyed.

"T-This is a new blouse, Azura."

She said before snapping her fingers, summoning her wardrobe before rummaging for a change of clothing. She walked off to the music room's lavatory for a bit then returned wearing a new set of white blouse and office skirt. The only difference this time was the black belt around her waist. Of course, her infamous whip was still hanging on her side.

She returned to see Chouko playing some keys on the grand piano and she smiled softly at the girl. It was nice to see someone, who was... not quite alive until a few hours ago, enjoying herself.

"Oh, you play the piano?"

She asked, walking across the room to the grand piano and leaning a little to it, eyebrows cocked with interest.

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

༄Eʅҽɳα Mαɾƚιɳҽȥ➳
She watched the wolf warily, but it seemed to her, they were calm. But, if he could summon a wolf as his spirit animal what could be said about her? She laughed a little when he asked her about what magic she was in. “Proficient is a overstatement. But, I was told I could do weather manipulation. Which is cool I guess.” She said rubbing her neck then looking up at the sky.

“I don’t know. It’s hard to imagine I can control a part of Mother Nature, a powerful one at that. It seems I’m more akin to lightning though.” As she said this she raised her hand and sparks jumped from fingertip to fingertip. “That’s the only thing I can do seamlessly.” She wanted to say more, but stopped herself. She had to be careful with her words.

“So, uh, what magic are you proficient in? Something cool right?”

—interactions: Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Azura Indukala
Azura only smiled at Lavigna as she left to put on a new outfit before coming back out with something akin to the first but a black belt around her waist.
"That was for scaring me. You know you don't scare someone like me and get away with it. At least it was water. Zain would've been more keen to try to shackle you up in crystals before realizing it was you, Lavi. That does sound like a good tune, Chouko. You seem like a natural to playing instruments. Hm...Its lunch and I haven't eaten yet today. Would you two like to have lunch with me?"
She said, placing a pointer finger on her chin, looking at Chouko then Lavi.

Chouko Qalli
Chouko smiled as Professor Lavigna was drenched before changing into a different outfit, one with a belt. She went back to the piano and began playing a random piece of music she had heard when she was alive. Well, she is alive again. But she digresses, musing on how she could still remember something from so long ago. She heard Professor Azura tell her she was a natural before asking if she and Professor Lavigna would like to have lunch with her.
"I would love to."
She said with a wide smile.

Interaction: . D O V E . D O V E

Zain Qalli
Zain leaned his head back as he sighed deeply. The students were preoccupied with Annabelle and her new familiar, with Conri. He placed a hand over his chest and relaxed, taking deep breaths, before closing his eyes. He seemed like he had fallen asleep, but he hadn't. He opened his mental eyes to gaze upon the Heart of Lin, looking at the crystal with a critical eye. No fractures or breaks in the crystal. Good. He went to leave when he felt the Heart stir.
'Mine host...Long has it been since thee hath come here. Anon have I grown in strength, gifting unto thee a way to help the child of unseeing sight. Thoughts flow unto her mind and by her life doth heal those she touches. She also can influence emotions and thoughts. Guide her path, mine host, as her magic could be her undoing.'
The Heart said before a flash of light forced his eyes open, making him begin coughing and taking deep breaths to regain any air he had lost when the Heart began to speak. It was one of the many risks of being host to a mythical artifact. When the Heart would speak to him, his body looses all function but he would remain as he was before the Heart spoke, it wouldn't let him die on a simple whim of talking to him. It kept him a sort of suspended animation, while talking to him, though making everything in his body stop working. Even his actual heart.
He was panting and shaking when he came to. Holy Fuck....It had been nearly a century since the Heart even spoke to him and Magnus would have to know this.
"Cara? Something the matter?"
'The Heart...'

Zain said before he collapsed onto the floor from his chair.

Interaction: Gomenesigh Gomenesigh Astrylan Astrylan

Magnus had been enjoying the peace and quiet for once with the day being so busy and hectic. Constantly things had been happening making it so he could not truly relax and handle some of his more important work. He was about to start eating his food when the door opened from the kitchen. Looking up he remembered that he forgot that he was supposed to have lunch with Minerva. Ths made it even more awkward when she came over and replaced his food. He didn't really process that much since that wasn't anything new. Plus Yuna started to talk about inviting her to each lunch with him. Hearing that just made him scratch his head since that made no sense.

"Really darling I'm sorry, I only forgot about our lunch plans when these two got into a bit of trouble," he said pointing to the two girls. "If you like you can stay and have lunch here. I really wanted to hear how your first time in class was."

"Oh, uh, yeah, where was I? Oh yeah! I kind of... forgot my lunch?"

Magnus had been surprised to hear this when she seemed more concerned about her ego than anything else. But he was not a cruel man to not help out another when in need. That had been always a part of his job at one point or another.

"That's fine we should have something in the kitchen you might like to eat. Minerva could you please get something for your classmate here?"

Uasal Uasal . D O V E . D O V E animegirl20 animegirl20

Hector was surprised to hear that the girl in front of him could manipulate the weather. Well maybe not on a large scale but it was still cool nonetheless. He was a bit worried to say though about his magic. Unfortunately regardless to what the textbook said most people in the modern day have a negative opinion when it comes to the practice of necromancy. This would at least be a good test for him to see how someone would reacted from tell them.

"That's really cool, I might see about learning something about. As for myself it' kind of embarrassing but I'm supposed to be proficient in necromancy. I will say though that I don't plan on going crazy and trying to conquer the world."

Moonshadow Moonshadow

"I would tell you to not worry so much but I'm no fool to think you wouldn't. She just needs time and help so don't worry I'll have her come see you. Although I understand what you mean since it isn't everyday that someone goes through all that. It still is a good thing that her sister is alive, that should be a little comforting." Archie watched as Chipapa quickly acquired the materials he needed for the new student. It was always nice to not have to explain every single thing you need to someone who already knew what you needed ahead of time. Once he put everything into a magic bag he heard Chipapa mention another person being revived. "Really? I hadn't heard anything about that happening. It seems like this year is starting off interestingly with these resurrections. As for the reason magnus did it one could only ask him. He hasn't once dined answering a question to anyone as long as I've known him. But I can only assume that he had a better reason beyond trying to get a dark arts instructor."

MrThe MrThe

Anna suddenly stopped at the mention of another familiar being in the room. Not just any familiar, apparently it was her familiar. She stopped petting Conri now, her hand retracting back to her side. She turned her head, trying to pick up any kind of noise, but this.... fox? She couldn't even remember what kind of animal that was or what it looked like.

The fox on the other hand had frozen in place as soon as he was spotted and didn't move until Morkari walked over to him. The fox gave a playful little cackle yip
before pouncing away from the boy and weaving his way around the horse to his Mistress. He jumped up on the bed and rubbed himself against her side with a little soft purr. He did that for a moment before jumping up onto her shoulder and perching there, his head rubbing against the side of her face with affection. He took a moment to pad at her shoulder, making himself comfortable before keeping still.

Anna stayed still, her hands locked into fists as the tiny creature rubbed itself against her and then jumped up onto her shoulder. He was a lot softer than she imagined and a lot tinier as well. She waited for a minute or two until he had fallen still before relaxing, although she never seemed to relax fully nowadays. A small something pressed against her mind similarly to when she had touched Zain and Conri. She immediately recoiled at first, but the little fox prodded at her face and the pressure returned. Very slowly, very cautiously she opened her mind and was met with... something pretty similar to her own thoughts, although it was still different.

"Who.... who are you?"

A flicker of annoyance ran through her thoughts and she felt what she thought was a sigh. "Is it not obvious? I'm your familiar, of course. I've been waiting for you to call to me, but you never did.

She frowned for a moment, thinking. She remembered trying yesterday, but kind of just assumed she didn't have a familiar. She certainly didn't call him today. "So... why now? I tried yesterday and it didn't work and I didn't even try to summon you today."

***He didn't respond for a long moment, as if he were trying to collect his thoughts or was even unsure himself. "Whatever happened earlier... whatever caused your stress levels to reach its peak, you did call out to me. You may be unaware of it, but it was almost like a cry for help. Although, I was unable to find you right away. For that, I apologize. Whatever this is.." At that he jumped down into her lap and nosed into her hand where she held the crystal. "This made it difficult. Among your confusion, I was drowned out and then with that I was suppressed. But, now that I have found you, I will not lose you again.

Now that he was in her lap, she ran her fingers through his fur, though there really wasn't much of it. He was fluffy to be sure, but he was so tiny. It didn't seem like he was much bigger than her hand. "So... what exactly are you? Why are you here?"

He reflected an annoyance again, something similar to a 'Really? You're asking me something like that?' But, he still answered. "I am you, but I am a manifestation of you. I know what you know but I will learn more and help you on your path. I will help you in your blindness, be your eyes, and help your hearing strengthen.

Her eyes went wide and she froze, mouth partially open as he mentioned her eyes. He would... be her eyes? What did that even mean? She was about to ask him, when the sound of someone crashing to the ground broke her out of her thoughts. She jumped, surprised by the sudden loud noise, and the fox jumped from her lap.

"It's the blind man. He's collapsed onto the floor." Anna gasped, unsure of even what happened while she was talking to her familiar. "Is he... is he okay?" Her voice sounded strange coming out her mouth and not resonating in her head, but that was unimportant. She slid to the floor and reached a hand out. "Morkari... I think you should go get someone. Another nurse or a professor or... someone." She had her hand out, but she honestly didn't really know what to do. She didn't know if reaching into his mind was a good idea or if she should try to wake him up or something... His familiar would probably be able to do that. But, she just wanted to help.

"You can help." Her familiar sounded off in her head. "Remember... Your professor said your magic wasn't just for communicating. Your abilities can also heal." Anna frowned. She could kind of remember that... but she really had no idea how. Something about.... just kind of feeling it or something. Like she would be able to feel it inside her and use it. At the very least she was going to try.

"Zain is just a few feet in front of you. Keep moving forward and I'll tell you when to stop." So she did and he guided her to where Zain lay. Apprehensively, she laid a hand on his arm, though didn't make skin contact with him just yet. She closed her eyes and focused, almost looking for something inside her, the same kind of something she felt whenever she had made contact with Zain or even when the crowd overwhelmed her in the cafeteria. After a few moments, she felt some kind of power roil up inside her and that's when she moved her hand to Zain's hand. Almost immediately the energy rushed through her body, through her arm, and out through Zain. She grimaced at the pain. It felt as if pure fire were running through her veins, but that wasn't the worst part. She could feel herself weakening, but when she tried to pull away or sever the flow, it wouldn't stop. She started to panic, but knew there was really nothing she could do. All she could do was wait and hope what she did wasn't a mistake. It seemed like minutes passed and the flow turned into a trickle and then it turned to nothing as she fell to the ground next to him.

Astrylan Astrylan RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Morkari heard the nurse fall, and got up to go see if he was okay. "Umm are you okay? Nurse Zain? Hello?" He saw Anna get up, looking at her familiar while doing so. Apparently, she was going to try something. Zain HAD said she could also heal... He decided to watch, but sent Ratel out for the Headmaster, or the first teacher she came across to bring them here.

Then suddenly, Anna also fell over while attempting to help the nurse. "Shit, please hurry Ratel. They are BOTH Collapsed now." He paced, unsure of what to do. "Alright, what the heck just happened; First the Nurse, now Anna. The fuck is going on..." He sits down, attempts to calm himself down so he could think things through, but fails miserably, and has to stand up and pace again to not go crazy with anxiety. "What do I do in situations like this? I don't know enough." He just continued pacing, hoping Ratel would find a teacher soon.

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

Zain Qalli
Zain seemed to be floating inside his own mind, not moving a muscle. The Heart of Lin felt the foreign energy try to heal its host but it gently push it back to the girl. She needs her life.
'Keep thy energy, child. You need it more than mine host does. I thank thee, though at almost the cost of thy life to heal him. I am the Heart of Lin, origin of crystal magic. Know that he is fine without thy help. It hath been near o'er a century since I hath spoken unto him. He had grown unused to mine presence of speaking to him. I have grown strong enough to speak to him and speak I shall more to him once he recovers. Sleep child, for thy gift unto thee shall serve thee well, and train to not shed so much of your life to heal. A trickle is only needed to heal such wounds...'
The Heart said to Anna, before flaring its magic through Zain making him bolt right up and grimace in pain at the feeling of so much magic flowing once more into his veins. Damn, this will hurt. He mused before he looked towards his familiar.
"Get....the headmaster....the Heart....stirs...once more."
He said, speaking through gritted teeth before succumbing to his pain and screaming out while his arms went to either bicep to grip it tightly.
Conri could only look on as his cara, friend, was screaming in pain, but he wouldn't leave him.
"Call to him my friend. Tell him yourself."
'And what?! Let him know that the Heart's awake after a century of slumber?! He doesn't need to know every single little thing that happens to me!'
"If it concerns the Heart..."
'Listen Conri, I'm not thinking straight because of all this pain. Magnus would need to know but he can approach it at his own time....Should write a letter for you to give him...'
"Cara, not leaving. Besides, how long would this last?"
'Probably a few minutes, hours, or days. I wouldn't know. Its been so long since the Heart awakened within me the first time.'
"Wouldn't it be easier over time?"
'No, it doesn't get any easier. Hurts like molten magma flowing through my veins with someone slicing my body open and taking the veins out at the same time, while playing jump rope with them.'
"Ah...."

Zain rolled his blind eyes but pushed past the pain, making it many times worse when moving, picked up Annabelle, before placing her onto a bed, covering her up. Then he moved to another bed and collapsed onto it, muffling any screams that escaped his mouth.
Interaction: Gomenesigh Gomenesigh Astrylan Astrylan Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Last edited:
Morkari jumps about 2 feet when Zain suddenly sits up. He said something to the horse that Morkari didn't quite make out due to his panic, before hearing the nurse scream in pain. "FUCK." Morkari sat hard on the floor, not even bothering to try and figure out what was going on anymore. "Ratel, the Nurse woke up, but don't slow down, keep going. He seems to be in an extreme amount of pain for some reason, this doesn't seem normal, even by magic standards." Ratel didn't slow down, but she certainly sped up after hearing the panic is Morkari's voice. Once she got to the door, she growled, hissed, scratched at it; anything she could think of to get the headmaster to open the door.

Morkari meanwhile grabbed the Nurses Chair and sat between the two beds, unsure of what to do. He sat there, head in his hands, attempting to stay calm by doing random math problems in his head.

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Last edited:
༄Eʅҽɳα Mαɾƚιɳҽȥ➳
She stared at him stunned for a moment. “Necromancy...” She repeated slowly. “Like, bringing people back to life.” The wheels in her head started to click, but she was interrupted by the flapping wings of Cariño. Don’t even think about it. That’s horrible. I know what you want, but you aren’t going to force it out of him. So stop thinking about it.

She frowned over at Cariño before looking back at Hector. “Do you mind if we go do something before lunch ends then?” She stands up, brushing off her clothes and looks down at him. “I want to check out the library and get some books. I’m curious about all the types of magic, I rather read it than hear it, I learn better that way. Do you mind coming with?”

—interactions: Quinlan63 Quinlan63

It not even been a minute when Magnus heard a sound coming from the door. Getting up he rushed over to the door opening to find a honey badger who looked in distress. It was a familiar so he has no way of communicating with it but there was no need. Harbinger, Zain is in need of your aid right this moment in the nurse's office. This spirit animal has been sent to come get you. It was a surprise but those were not just any spirits telling him this but the supreme spirits. Whatever was going down was enough that they needed him to go now. Turning back he was filled with regret. He hated to leave his daughter when she had just gotten there.

"Minerva it seems something has come up at the nurses office and Zain needs me. I'll be back as soon as possible just watch these two for me and I'll let you read some books in my private collection." Before leaving out he summoned his familiar, Parthos the eagle. For some reason he had a feeling he might be needed and if not no harm. Once Parthos perched on Magnus' shoulder he stepped into the spirit realm and came out inside the nurses office. The sight of Zain out in pain and a student who looked past out did not give him time to question. Taking care of Zain first in one hand he conjured the Flames of phoenix and in the other a spirit of healing. Combining these two together were supposed to heal zain of anything that may be causing him pain.

Parthos watch over Zain for me just in case something changes. Got you boss no problem.

Once he was sure it would work he stepped over to the student. She was only asleep so he decided to just use Dream Stride to wake her up. Laying a hand on her head Magnus channeled the spell forcing himself into her mind. Inside her mind was like being in an ocean of fear. Good thing for him he could change that which in this case he needed too. Stretching out his hand he wiped away all of the fear and any negative emotion that might try to take rise. What was left was just the girl sitting on the ground all alone. Stepping forward he leaned down and whispered the words "wake up" into her ear. At that moment he could was forced out of her mind due to her gaining consciousness.

Once he was back he finally noticed that Morkari had been sitting there the whole time. "Good job sending your familiar."

Uasal Uasal Astrylan Astrylan RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Gomenesigh Gomenesigh animegirl20 animegirl20 . D O V E . D O V E

Morkari hadn't noticed Magnus had appeared until he spoke to him, he had been attempting to stay calm by doing any kind of problem in his head could think of. So he jumped a tad when Magnus spoke. "Huh?! Oh, Headmaster, thank goodness..." He lets out a large sigh, relief could be almost be seen rushing into him. Heck, with the right magic it probably could be seen rushing into him, with how anxious he had been until now. At this moment Ratel came rushing into the room, but slowed down upon seeing that her other half was now calm. "Everything's okay now I hope?" She asked this tentatively, not wanting to assume things. Morkari nods however. "i think so yes. The Headmaster seems to know more then I do even as to what has happened, or at least has some idea I think."

After a few more sentences assuring Ratel everything was mostly fine now, he turned towards Anna, who had woken up from whatever the Headmaster had done. "You okay Anna? You collapsed while trying to help the nurse..." Morkari seemed a bit more concerned for his classmate than the nurse. Though for him, the nurse was more experienced, and probably could take care of themselves more so than any student could. That and the Headmaster seemed to have stopped the pain, as the nurse seemed to be resting fine now. Though whether they were awake or not, he didn't look to see. "Oh yes, the Headmaster is still here too. I know you can't see him, so I'd figured I'd let you know before he spoke so you aren't surprised."

Morkari was stroking Ratel this entire time, obviously he hadn't fully relaxed after all the things that happened so close together. What normal student here would? He had been told magic was dangerous and could easily have consequences, but he hadn't expected to see the effects first hand so early on...

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

Hector had been waiting to see how Elena reacted to what he said. Instead of her running away from him and fear she just stared like she herself had become a zombie. He just shook his head when she asked about bringing people back to life. He wasn't really sure though if he wanted to know where she was going with that. Good for him she changed the topic onto something else.

“Do you mind if we go do something before lunch ends then?” She stands up, brushing off her clothes and looks down at him. “I want to check out the library and get some books. I’m curious about all the types of magic, I rather read it than hear it, I learn better that way. Do you mind coming with?”

"Sure I don't see a reason for staying here all by myself," he said getting up to follow her. "After you."

Moonshadow Moonshadow

Anna suddenly bolted upright, her eyes wide even though she couldn't see. Her breathing was labored and her body shook, but she seemed to be fine. There was no pain... or anything else for that matter. All the fear and anxiety from before had completely vanished, which in turn made her a bit anxious. "What... what happened?" There definitely seemed to be something wrong, but she couldn't quite remember anything.

"You're fine, don't worry." The voice made her jump and shake her head from side to side, trying to find the source of the voice. "You're not going to find it out there. You can hear me inside your mind. The voice itself seemed quite worried, thought about what she didn't know. It was then that she heard Morkari speak. Ahh, she remembered now. Zain had collapsed... this was her familiar... who's name she did not know. The puzzlement made the animal chuckle. "You can decide on a name later. It is not important at the moment." She wanted to ask more about it, but he quietly shushed her and made her pay attention to those around her. The headmaster was there after all. That in and of itself made her a little nervous. She had no idea who it even was. "Thank you Morkari. Um... have you seen the crystal?"

This was the first, the most pressing matter. Without the crystal, she could hear the voices like before. It wasn't nearly as overwhelming as when in the cafeteria, but she could still hear them. The immediate thoughts of the three in the room, which wasn't a comfort at all. She immediately started grabbing around for the crystal Zain had given her. The fox was not being helpful in the slightest and was instead lecturing her on how dangerous magic could be and how reckless it was trying to heal Zain even though he was the one that egged her on but soon moved on to talking about what had happened right before passing out. At this point she had gotten on her knees, frowning as she tried to expand her reach. "The Heart of Lin? I have no idea..." She meant for it to be a thought rather than actual words, but she was still getting used to the idea of talking to a being who was her but still another being... all in her head.

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Astrylan Astrylan Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Last edited:
Zain Qalli
Zain felt the healing begin to take effect as soon as he saw Magnus' aura. The magic the Heart gave him always seared his veins with its own magic, making him more able to cast crystal magic. Which of course always caused pain, and it wouldn't be the first time this had happened, nor would it be the last time this would happen. But damn, was he glad for Magnus at the moment. As soon as the burning stopped coursing through his veins, he sat up with a grimace as his body was sore all over.
"Well, that's one way for someone that's been dormant for nigh over a century to wake up..."
He muttered to himself before coughing a bit to clear his throat. Conri having stood by his friend's side nudged him with his head gently.
"Thank you Conri for staying nearby. Ah, hello Headmaster. The Heart has awakened after nigh over a century. Left me quite a duzzy of a punch of magic. Really wish it wouldn't...Crap..."
He began to say to Magnus before hearing Annabelle ask what the Heart of Lin was. He sighed before he blinked twice before he was standing in front of Heart of Lin, quite surprised that he was there in front of it. He looked around him to only see himself and no other there with the Heart.
'Mine host. Full glad am I to have us connected once more as we were so long ago. But make heed of who captures thee's attention. A storm likened to before we will not survive. Lest thee wishes to court someone, they must speak with a purple colored rose crystal in their hands.'
It said before Zain was back in his office, and he raked a hand through his hair.
'My life couldn't get anymore complicated than it already has.'
He thought before the situation with Anna came back to him. She heard the Heart and somehow knew its name after one time.
"Should we tell them Magnus?"
He asked.

Interactions: Gomenesigh Gomenesigh Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Last edited:
"Thank you Morkari. Um... have you seen the crystal?" Morkari stood up and looked around before finding the crystal and picking it up. "Found it, hold your hand out, Anna." He ignored the comment about the Heart of Lin or whatever. It was obviously meant to have been towards her familiar, with how it had been worded. Then he heard Zain say something about "Should we tell them..." God damnit, he really wasn't interested learning why all this happened... The less he knew the less chances he had of having to deal with more situations like this.

He sighed. If knowing more would help him help Anna, he could deal with it. He wasn't going ditch Anna after all this. His Sister would never let him hear the end of it if he did, and it certainly wasn't the type of thing he'd do anyway.
Morkari mumbles to himself. "If it makes things easier for Anna, I might as well stay and listen too. Seeing as I'm the only other student who knows about any of this, it'd make sense to stay and help out, right?" He sighed and waited to see if they were going to be told anything, and if they were, how much. Ratel laid in Morkari's lap, trying to keep herself from worrying too much. "I doubt they'll tell us everything, that'd be too dangerous for us. Most likely it will be Just enough that we can help out if things go bad again."

Quinlan63 Quinlan63 RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

Once Magnus had left the room Minerva took his plate of food and handed it to Yuna with a gentle smile "My father likely won't be back for some time. I'd hate for his food to go cold so please help yourself". Moving to take a seat in the headmasters giant leather coated chair Minerva's gentle smile began to beam as she thought about which book to choose from her father's collection upon his return. It would be the first time she ever got her hands around one such book and she wasn't intending to let such a chance go to waste. Pushing the thought aside for the time being though Minerva sat upright in her father's chair and began going through his open journal in the hopes to find another time she could schedule herself in for dinner this week. Unfortunately, Magnus was a very busy man which left the only dinner time reservation open anytime soon almost a whole month away. Oh well, there wasn't much that could be done about that. And so with a soft sigh, Minerva closed the journal and shifted her focus to her classmates.

"Yuna, I hear you managed to summon a whale as a familiar. That's very impressive! I read up on it and apparently, only one per cent of mages get that familiar! The whale spirit animal teaches you to listen to your inner voice to make the best decision. It also encourages you to embrace your emotions and how they affect you as a person. The sound that the whale spirit animal makes symbolizes your own creative energies. It's a magnificent summon! Congratulations!"
. D O V E . D O V E

Magnus had stepped back to see that both had been fine in the end making him so happy. Yes it was not the first time he had to help someone but something like this always put a smile on his face. He was about to leave out to head back to his office when he heard Zain mention the Heart of Lin being awake. Those words made him freeze in his tracks and explained why the supreme spirits would alert him themselves instead of a normal spirit. And then of course it through him for a loop that they might have to explain to the students about that.

"Well old friend I will leave that up to you if you want them to know. Although I suggest you do so they don't try to find the information themselves." There wasn't really much written about it except a few books in both their personal collection, mainly Zains. It wouldn't be good to find anyone trying to go through their things without permission.

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Astrylan Astrylan Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

Zain Qalli
Zain contemplated Magnus' words and would agree. Not much was written on the Heart of Lin, just fantasy tales of mages being gifted to create wondrous cities of crystal and weapons made of the same material and nigh unbreakable. But some accounts were a bit more bloody than most. Blood sacrifices and human sacrifice as well were included in those accounts, all true and very much outlawed by not only the council but by the Heart as well. It told him if he even tried it, he would become a vegetable or unable to do anything for himself until he died, in very gory manner as well.
"Seems like your right, Magnus. I'll tell them, but you need to get back to your office. Never know when Alice might show up and want to speak to you."
He said, grinning at the last part, knowing it would make Magnus either roll his eyes or something. He turned to the students, finally sitting in his own chair once he got up and went to his desk to sit.
"Now, I want you both to not tell anyone about you're going to hear. I'll give a little history lesson as well thrown into this. Some magic in this world is sentient or having a will and mind to it. These magics can be either very picky about who wields them or not care and let those who have half a mind use them. But few magics actually develop to become sentient. Crystal magic is one such magic. It created unto itself a heart to be a mind to dictate what is right and what is wrong. Its been two thousand years, give or take, It never really tells me when it came about but all it says was that it was born from countless minds that have grafted their minds into the crystal magic itself. It called it self the Heart of Lin. As a newly created magical item, it barely knew what the world was about and so, gifted...100 people with its magic. With each person, was a smaller version of itself as means of being its eyes and ears in a sense. These hundred people were happy but 90 of them did horrible acts.
10 used crystal magic to skewer countless people before being skewered themselves. 10 people used the magic to encase people fully in crystal to watch them suffocate, but they became encased in crystal. 10 people used the magic to thread skin off people to see how much a person can endure before they died, the magic repaid the same to them. 10 people used the crystal magic to help with human sacrifice, before it repaid that onto them. 10 people used it to pierce the minds of their victims, the magic reacted by repaying it. 10 people used the magic to lob off limbs of people, they got their limbs lobed off in return by it. 10 people used it to drain the blood of people, before it was returned in kind. 10 people used the same magic to mess with the minds of people, drawing on magical telepathy from those gifted in it, but they fell victim to their own mess when it was repaid unto them, harshly. 10 people used it to disguise themselves to horrendous acts of murder before they lost their own identity and were killed by the crystal. 5 people used the magic to build a sanctuary and grafted magics to keep the Heart safe. 5 people used the magic given to them to seal the Heart within themselves.
The Heart of Lin learned through each group of the 90 people that it hated the acts that these people did and acted accordingly to pay them back for what they had done. The last ten, it was grateful for, for they gifted a means of safekeeping. Each one of them had become the Heart's host, being gifted with true crystal magic. For all the bloodshed and terror those 90 had shed in its name, the stories and documents that were written on the crystal magic...were erased from history. It gave itself a clean slate to work with and remained hidden in people that it gifted. Almost 250 years ago, the Heart gifted a student from this academy with its magic. That student was me. I am the most current host of the Heart of Lin. Now, I'll repeat what I said earlier, no repeating what you heard. The artifact maybe mentioned in class but make no connection to me being its host."
He said, remembering how the Heart of Lin showed him the images of those 90 people, searing the knowledge into his head.

Interaction: Gomenesigh Gomenesigh Astrylan Astrylan Quinlan63 Quinlan63

۵AɳɳαႦҽʅʅҽღ
Anna sat on the edge of the bed and stayed silent through Zain's story, but it still left her confused. She now understood, to a degree, how the heart came to be and what it was exactly... but there had to be more to it. Why did the crystal choose to speak to her? It hadn't spoken to anyone in a hundred years. So, why now? And still... why her? She didn't even know if it was something she should ask. Her familiar didn't have any idea besides the 'well, you are special' argument, which she didn't really believe.

"So... what do I do now? I mean not with this information... just in general... I still don't really know how I'm going to do homework or take notes or do anything... Not only that, but..." She kind of dropped off and dunked her head, embarrassed. She hated having to admit this kind of thing, but if she didn't, it wouldn't only make things worse the more things went along. "I haven't had any kind of education in years. Not since I went blind. I can't read, I can't write. I don't even understand half the stuff they talk about in the classes so far... much less can I put it into practice." She sighed and pressed a hand against her face. "Not only that but not the voices... I can't go in the cafeteria... I don't even know how many people are in the classes, but it always sounded like a lot. I just don't know what to do." She gritted her teeth together and squeezed the crystal as hard as she could. She felt her familiar jump into her lap and rub against her, emanating thoughts of comfort.

Astrylan Astrylan RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Zain Qalli
"You can take you lunch here with me, and as for education. Chipapa would possibly know what has happened by now and will probably bring some books in braille, which I can teach you. I'll teach you things that I've learned and Chipapa will help along with things as well."
Zain said, with a cheerful tone in his voice. But in all honesty, he was nervous and scared that his secret would get out about him being the host of the Heart of Lin. While it wasn't a highly sought after artifact, those that did come across remaining tales of the bloodshed and gore that happened with its magic were intrigued by what it can do and sought it out just for that sake. He felt the Heart send a slight wave of its energy as a comfort to him, making him sigh. It knew what he felt and often gave him advise when it wanted to.
"Now, I believe that lunch is halfway over and you both possibly need to eat."

Interactions: Astrylan Astrylan Gomenesigh Gomenesigh MrThe MrThe

Last edited:
Chipapa
"Oh, so you were yet to hear about Jasmine? Well, it's good that you swung by so I could catch you up." Chipapa paused a bit, thinking some more about what else he needed to get ready for today and remembered that when he saw the students, one of them was blind. "I'll have to go in the back real quick and see if we have any books in braille. I just remembered that when I saw the students arrive, I noticed one of them is blind." Chipapa turned around and was about to get right to it but stopped midstep and turned back around "How rude of me Archie, I forgot to ask you if there was anything else you need before you go."
Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Gomenesigh Gomenesigh

YUNA JEON

Yuna watched as the Headmaster went off somewhere and his daughter offered his untouched food to her. Pink-eyes darted from the Chicken Alfredo and Minerva's cerulean orbs uncertainly. Should she, Yuna Jeon, accept it? No, she shouldn't. It wasn't like she's a food-beggar or anything! But then again... It does look very delicious. But no! Maybe just a bite?...Noo! She really shouldn't!

While this sequence of bipolar thoughts transcended, Yuna's face also did the same; her expression changing from that akin to a kid in a candy shop to a high-schooler's whose confession has just been rejected.

Grooooooowl~

The final nail, however, was when her own tummy betrayed her and let out an audible growl, announcing her hunger to the entire room. She froze for a few seconds before letting out an awkward laugh.

"W-Well, I guess I can eat this or whatever, um, so it won't go to waste. Aside from being a wonderful wizard, I am also an advocate of...uh... food..? Anyways, you're welcome!"

Yuna said with a smug smile before eyeing the food. She could feel her mouth watering. Slowly, she took a bite from the food before this funny and satisfied look crossed her features. She looked like she just entered cloud-nine. The orphanage rarely served good food. Yuna's lunch were mostly composed of bean sprouts, kimchis, porridge and other food which she deemed unfit for someone like her.

The pink female continued digging her meal blissfully until she heard Minerva mention the Whale. Yuna coughed and choked at the suddenness, banging her right hand to her chest to help her breathe. She grabbed the nearest cup of water and drank from it before recovering a little.

"W-W-Whale?"

Yuna repeated Minerva's words, staring back at her excited classmate with a confused look. Her whale was... magnificent? IT was unique? She might be the only one who has it?! Yuna's head grew, figuratively, as her eyes widened in realization. Maybe her whale wasn't so bad after all! On cue, the pink amulet sitting on her chest glowed.

bf11fddf25e82ff0ee5417f5e7d6086f.jpg

Behold, Pinkie materialized before Yuna, but this time, he was significantly smaller and was about the size of a full-grown dog in height. Yuna let out short scream in surprise as she almost fell on her chair.

"W-W-Wha-!? It's back!? And smaller!?"

Mr. Pinkie visibly let out a lazy smile before it swam on the air in an equal manner, circling the girls slowly.

Uasal Uasal

LAVIGNA LOCKHEART

Lavigna giggled at Azura's words, especially when she mentioned the nurse and the word 'shackles'. "Yes, Mr. Z is quite naughty sometimes." she jested with a wink before nodding at the professor's invite to have lunch together.

"Now, I am not an advocate of using portals to get to places we can just walk to buuuuuuuut lunch is almost over so let me do the honor."

With that, the brunette professor snapped her fingers and conjured a glowing portal to the school's cafeteria. She walked across and found herself in the middle of the said place. Since lunch was nearing its end, the place wasn't as bustling as it was and the students were finishing their meals.

"Oh, great! There are some open seats left. You guys find a table for us while I get our food real quick."

Lavigna said before walking off to the cafeteria's staff room. Now, people would normally line up in the canteen to get food but the infamous whip-lover knew how to get one much faster. How? Well, it involved a certain type of socializing with the cooks. It wasn't long before she walked out of the staff room with a big grin and two trays on hand, each filled with food that can feed an entire family.

"Dig in!"

She said as she settled them on the table and sat down.

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Magnus had left out during Zaines comment about Alice deciding to just walk. He should rush back but there was some time and he wasn't that far. This gave him time to remember that he promised Minerva a chance to read a book from his personal collection. He wasn't worried but hopped that she want to read up on how to harness the power of the universe. That would just be a bit much for her right now when she was just starting out. He wanted to savor the moment a little more since it has been a really busy day so far but he still had students in his office waiting for his return. Once he teleported back into his office there were 3 things he noticed. First his daughter though it was nice to relax in his chair (no big deal). Secondly, his food had apparently been given to Yuna to eat (more food in the kitchen any). And lastly, there was a small whale familiar flying/swimming around his office.

"Can one of you tell me what is going on?"

Uasal Uasal . D O V E . D O V E animegirl20 animegirl20

Users who are viewing this thread

Back