• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Nexus Academy of Magic (Reboot)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Chouko Qalli
Chouko looked wide eyed at the dragon shaped fire sized cat as it came barreling towards her. Her mind was becoming on panic mode and she thought of only one thing to do, but as much as she wanted to duck her head to make it pass over her head, she threw her arms up facing the fire and, accidentally, poured a lot of magic into the ward, making it seem like it was playing a song. One she could only hear and actually feel on her skin. She closed her eyes and hoped she wouldn't be set ablaze if her ward broke. A shattering was heard and the fire dissipated upon the impact it caused the ward, but before the song left a lingering note in the air around her. She stood there, her eyes slowly opening, before she collapsed with her legs splayed. She heard her partner ask two questions but she was more stunned and still a bit in panic mode, before she felt a small bite on her right leg, the crippled leg and she yelped a bit in pain and looked at Anil with anger in her eyes.
'Good, got your attention. A good first time defending against fire that size but next time....DON'T POUR SO MUCH MAGIC INTO YOUR WARD! You could've killed yourself with how much magic you were pouring into it. Lucky that the ward was broken or otherwise you would've been had been brought back to life twice today. I hope this is a lesson you learn. Your going to be sore after this class.'
"Shit...Fuck. I was stupid."
Chouko finally said, placing her head in her hands while shaking it. She needed some lessons on certain things.
"I'm ok. Got scolded by my familiar, and apparently I put a tad too much magic into my ward. And I could've died, again, if your fire didn't break the ward. Whee. That would've been fun...."
Chouko said, being sarcastic.
"Hey, never got your name. What is it?"

Interaction: Astrylan Astrylan

Morkari blinked a bit when he heard her say "again". "Eh? Die again? was she also...?" He shook his head at himself before answering Chouko. "I'm Morkari, sorry about that. It kind of just happened, I'm not even sure I could do it again..." He pulled a small smile. "At least everyone is fine. I'm not sure I could have defended against my own attack that well. I'm not even sure yet how to pull out my Mana, at least not more than enough to make a Mage Light, and even that is kind of weak."

He offered is hand to help her up. "We should still probably have a teacher look at you, just in case. Especially if you did pour that much magic into your ward." He looked at her ward as he said this. "Oh, that's cool, it looks like a Song is protecting you when you draw the ward like that..."

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Hector had been paying attention to everything about what they would be doing for class but the only thing he could think at the moment was how was it that Lavi was a teacher with her people skills. Although so far he was seeing that it might not be one of the requirements to work as an instructor of magic. At least so far she was doing miles better than Bithiah since so far no one has had the floor ripped out from below them or something. Well that was until talk of getting bruised, scarred, and possibly broken bones could come into play. Like hell that was going to happen to Hector of all people. He may had not be confident in the last class but that was due to the fact that white magic is like the polar opposite to necromancy. If playing plenty of videogames had taught him necromancers were great at combat. Heck in most of the books he has read necromancers were so overpowered compared to everyone so he was feeling confident.

Once Minerva had set Lavi straight Clair, the head of security, introduced herself and started to get the lesson underway. They had to pair on and was thinking about asking Roxie but he wanted to get a chance to get to know some of his other classmates. Besides he didn't want to look like he's being clingy and he could always ask her another time to partner up with him. He started to look around when he was tapped on the arm. He turned to see the girl who passed out at the beginning of the day.

"Hi, I'm Misaki. Would you like to partner up together and hopefully pass the class?"

"Sure why not," he replied. "I'm Hector by the way and I'm sure if we work hard we can pass this class no problem."

Chouko Qalli
"I was on panic mode when I saw the fire you produced. And I did hear a song in the air around me and on my skin. I need to learn not to put so much magic into my ward. My ward, on the other hand, I'm very proud of. The base of the ward is what you had drawn but it was so bland and likely to pop on the lightest touch. I put my personal flair on the ward and it came out as it is. Besides, I was told my magic is music magic. I would have to do some research on the magic itself to understand it or go to Professor Azura to learn more on it."
Chouko said, gladly taking the hand and getting up slowly while muttering the last part and wincing as she stood on her feet. It felt like she was standing on knives, and it felt like her legs were asleep.
"Yeah, I would agree to see a teacher on the too much magic bit. I feel like I'm standing on knives."
Anil looked at her with a shake of his head.
'Do you see now why doing what you did is dangerous? Be glad that you only feel a minor effect instead of limb rotting. That one would be a bit farfetched but it can still happen if you push your body a bit too far.'

Interaction: Astrylan Astrylan

Misaki Himegami
Misaki nodded before thinking on the ward she wanted to draw. It wouldn't make sense if she drew an exact replica of the teacher's ward, but if she put a personal flair...
'You are thinking too loudly. Just look at what the ward looks like and then draw it how you want it to look like.'
Blathnaid said, her ears folding back some to tell Misaki she was getting a bit irritated at how loud her thoughts were to her.
"Oh, sorry Blathnaid. Alright, lets do this!"
She said before drawing the entire ward looked like a starry, flowery version of the Ward the teacher had drawn. Her mind was stuck on autopilot as she drew more to the ward, branching flower stems and circles with astrological symbol or two in it. She stopped once she stood up, and blinked in surprise at how her ward looked.
"Well, that was something."
'Agreed. Now, should we go first or allow him to go first?'
"Hector, would you like to go first or should I?"

Interaction: Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Last edited:
"Well, walking on knives seems...bad." He walks with her over towards one of the teachers. "Seems like part of this is my fault. Sorry bout this. If I hadn't accidentally thrown that Magic that strong at you, you wouldn't be walking on knives right now..." He doesn't look at her while saying this, trying to avoid eye contact. He walks towards Clair, having already met her at one point before. "Uuh, Miss Clair? Can you check on Chouko please?" He explains what happened to Clair, and then turns to Chouko before leaving her to it. "Uh, hopefully nothing too bad is wrong. I'll see you later I guess." he scratches the back of his head, unsure what else to say, and heads back to the ward he drew, thinking about it. "I should probably draw something similar to Chouko's..." He takes out his notebook, and begins drawing the ward again, but this time, attempting to draw more his own thing. After a few tries, he sighs. "Adding one's own flair is harder then it seems, Chouko must have either been lucky, or is talented." He sighs again, deciding to try again later.

He watches his classmates while he waits for Chouko to come back, or the end of class; whichever happens first.

Uasal Uasal RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

Lixue Abari Thorn
Lixue went through the portal with caution before being told she had to find a partner. She slightly frowned at it but nonetheless, she had to get a partner. Spotting someone, she walked over to them and patted their shoulder.
"My name is Lixue, would like to be my partner?"
She asked, her head tilted to the right a bit.

Interaction: animegirl20 animegirl20

Chouko Qalli
Chouko just lightly waved a hand in front of her face, with a sheepish expression on her face.
"Its partially my fault too, Morkai, that I panicked. Hey, at least we learned something together."
Chouko said, smiling brightly but even through the smile, there was pain there.
Before she looked at the teacher with the same smile.

Interaction: Astrylan Astrylan Uasal Uasal

Last edited:
Alice was silent for a moment. "I guess I would go with the two soft woods?"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roxie wasn't quite sure how to feel seeing as the main Professor had a damn whip.....which Roxie had to admit was kind of cool. Weird but cool.

"Magic Combat is a topic and class that has been taught here In the academy since it's construction all those millennia ago. It's a class that is constantly evolving and constantly brought under the microscope for detailed examination anytime a big wig so much as mentions it's name. In other words it's highly controversial! Scandalous! Magic combat is a class you must give your all to, it's a class that demands your all and will chew you up and spit you back out if it doesn't get what it wants. Like me! I am Lavigna Lockheart. From this day forward until the day you graduate from this fine establishment I will be your magical combat teacher and I will push you to your very limits as a mage in training. There will be days from now on in that you'll wake up with bumps, bruises and even scars from training and class from the day before. Some of you will break countless numbers of bones and others of you may even die temporarily.... TEMPORARILY! Medical staff are on standby at all times.... most of the time... ANYWAY! So then, let's explore the world of magic through combat! What do you say huh!"

"I say bring it on." Roxie said with a smirk. Honestly Roxie kind of like this. This sounded way more interesting then just listening to a lecture.

"Miss Lockheart... I believe you've dramatized quite a few of my classmates with that speech of yours. I'm sorry but it doesn't seem like anyone wants to join you..."

She was right not everyone seems too thrilled.

"w.w.what! Look at me! How could you not want to join me and partake in such a wonderful class!"

"Maybe its because you're coming off as crazy lady with a whip," Roxie mumbled to herself. They continued to go on about the whole medical stuff which Roxie figured everything would be fine......well she was pretty sure anyway. Clair clapped her hands and suddenly everyone seemingly was now standing in a meadow.

"For those of you who don't know, I'm Clair O'Reilly and like Lavigna here I will also be teaching you Magical Combat. Aside from that I am also the head of security here at the academy so if you ever run into trouble feel free to confide in me. Now with that introduction out of the way allow me to start the class by teaching you the basics. By now you'll have learned a basic warding spell and also be able to summon your familiar. Both these things are essential in magical combat. A mage is always prepared. In combat a mage should always be dual casting as a minimum. That is dual casting in the sense that you will be both projecting and maintaining a ward while also casting offensive spells. Later this will turn to triple casting and so on. It is important you note now that all wards work in different manners. A ward that absorbs mana will be weak to physical attacks and vice versa. For now I want you all to partner up, raise your wards and attempt to break your partners anyway you can do so. You may begin right away."

"Partners huh?" Well, the only person she had really been talking to so far was Hector but just as she was about to ask....well more like demand, him he had already asked someone else. Misaki was it? Before the annoyance she was about to feel kicked in she felt someone tap her shoulder. "Hm?" She turned around.

"My name is Lixue, would like to be my partner?"

Honestly, Roxie didn't think someone would actually come up and ask her. Roxie smiled a little "Yeah sure, the name's Roxie."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atsuko was already judging this whip professor. "Seriously though what sain person carries whip?" Also, she was already freaking out seeing Clair again. Even though the class seemed somewhat intimidating she was ready to take on the challenge. Now all she had to do was get a partner. She looked around and everyone seem to be partnering up accept. "Yuna.....of course..she's totally going to shut me down." She walked up to Yuna and gave her the friendliest smile. "Hey so since everyone else seems to have found a partner how about we team up?"
. D O V E . D O V E

Lixue Abari Thorn
Lixue nodded and then went to a few feet away and began drawing. Something sort of like what was shown in class but little odds and ends poked out of the ward. She wasn;t happy with how it turned out but it was better than nothing.
"Ready when you are, Roxie."
She said, looking up from her work.

Interaction: animegirl20 animegirl20

Clair O'Reilly
The class was progressing, even if at a snail's pace. One by one the students were beginning to form teams and from wards around themselves. Most of the class had the basics down but still, it was somewhat of a pathetic display. To think they had already spent an entire class on warding and still some were having trouble even drawing a ward. Truly, truly pathetic! Turning her attention to a student momentarily Clair was presented with a card and warning. A warning that somewhere in the realm someone had died, be it natural or not. Alas, there wasn't really anything the instructor could do about the matter. And so placing the card in her back pocket Clair moved around the room slowly inspecting everyone and their attempts.

Following a small explosion, Clair's attention was brought to Morkari who had launched a fairly alright spell at his partner's ward. The spell was strong enough to break the ward but not so strong as to cause harm to Chouko who was standing within. standing some distance away Clair called out to the two with her arms crossed upon her chest "Mark! Coco. Good Job both of you! You both successfully cast novice level spells in defence and offence. Swap roles and try again!"
Astrylan Astrylan RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32

A loud knock resonated through the hardwood door leading into Magnus' office, The man knocking was a member of Merlin's Order and a captain no less. The hardy man smelled of tobacco and his rugged features practically screamed military. The man standing outside the office was Captain Witherspoon. A renowned veteran In Merlin's Order and a very well respected official in the hierarchy of the wizarding realm the Academy resided in. With a loud gruff voice, Captain Witherspoon announced his arrival and more or less barged his way into Magnus' office "Captain Witherspoon, here on official business! I have both a report and request for you both of the utmost urgency! We have trouble within the barrier Sir!"
Quinlan63 Quinlan63

Magnus had been about to respond to Alice when they were greeted with a knock at the door. He was pretty sure who it was coming to see him at this time of day. And as Alice opened the door they were greeted by Azura who came to see about what would should be used for Chouko's channeling item. He hadn't said anything about what it was going to be yet but now that Azura was involved he could only assume she had her sights on making it an instrument. Which only seconds after thinking this she confirmed his own thoughts. He was surprised though that when she came in she asked Alice what kind of wood she thought it should be. Honestly Magnus wouldn't have a good answer either since he was no expert when it came to making instruments. He was glad though she gave some kind of answer.

"Well regardless of whatever wood is used do you have any idea of what will be made with it? My knowledge of music magic is limited but I do know that not just any kind of instrument can be used. it needs to be something that the person has some form of connection with....." Just at that moment a loud knock at the door echoed through the room before a member of Merlin's Order came inside. It was none other than Captain Witherspoon who apparently had news about some trouble.

"Alright spit it out Captain, if it is so important that you would barge into my office without giving word ahead of time I want to what trouble we have today."

RoyalPhoenix32 RoyalPhoenix32 Uasal Uasal

When Misaki agreed to work with him and started to work on her ward Hector decided to do the same. He didn't want to use the exact same ward though that the were taught since he doubted that it would work for him. Using a little bit of inspiration from the necromancy spell tome he read earlier he was able to create an altered version of the ward. This way it should be more compatible with him. It had been far simpler than he thought since it just required changing some of the symbols. Turning back he could see that Misaki had a similar idea for herself.

"You can have the first chance to attack first. I wanna see if my alterations will be useful." Feeding mana into the ward he readied himself for both failure and success.

Misaki Himegami
Misaki tilted her head and placed her pointer finger on her chin. What could she use to try to put a dent in Hector's ward? More importantly, what could she do with her magic?
'MISAKI! Again, thinking too loudly! Try to concentrate on what you can do or at least try to conjure up something!'
"Geez Blathnaid, can't I think without you trying to say I'm being too loud?! Oh, I do need to get that card from..."
Misaki began to say as she rubbed her ears as she rummaged through her bag to get something to use but all she came up with is a card. Her pseudo-excited expression became deadpan. A single card and she had no idea of how to use it. She kept the card before diving again to pull out the astroglobe make it light up with inner light. She 'eep'ed and flailed her arms but the astroglobe stuck to her hand and the card flew into the globe, charging it up. She felt a tug and she closed her eyes as she lifted the globe slightly above her head, with both hands cupping the globe, and off went an attack. The attack seemed to make mini stars appear in the space a bit above Hector's ward before sending a beam down towards it. It hit the ward but didn't pierce it or seem to damage it at all. Misaki opened her eyes and looked at the globe in her cupped hands. The tug wasn't big, enough to leave her a bit shaky and still standing, but warranted an investigation on how the card seemed to be absorbed into the astroglobe itself. Then out popped the very card she saw and it floated to the ground, harmlessly. She tilted her head in confusion but chalked it up to having know nothing on what to do.
'Well, that was something.'
"Yeah, didn't know that would happen. But, we could go to Chipapa after this class to learn a bit more about what happened along with giving him the drawing."
'So true. By the way, shouldn't you pick up the card and store it someplace? Or put back in the deck?'
"Right..."
Misaki said, conversing with Blathnaid on her attack. She picked the card up and heard a bit of cracking from Hector's ward, making her jump at the noise. She looked towards it and her eyes seemed to bug out, her attack had seemed to do a bit of damage but not enough to destroy the ward.
"Huh, neat."
She said, dumbfounded at she was looking at but also a bit numb she actually able to do that.
"...Your turn Hector..."
She said, looking to her partner.

Azura Indukala
Azura nodded.
"
But of course, Headmaster. I just want to know what kind of instrument she likes best. I would like for her to come to my classroom during studytime to see which one catches or makes her magic resonate brightly, as music magic comes only from instruments. From there, I can teach her to make her own instruments, small ones first before going for complex ones...How rude, Captain Witherspoon...Headmaster, a request to join you out on the field and if not, can Zain join you. He maybe of some help."
She said, becoming a tad peeved at the Captain for barging into her conversation on Chouko's item before the word of something troubling came from the very captain's mouth, prompting her want to help. Or to get Zain since he could be of some help.

Interaction: Quinlan63 Quinlan63 Uasal Uasal

Last edited by a moderator:
Yuna Jeon

You’d think that Yuna would stop freaking out over almost everything thanks to her many, many, many strange experiences for the day, but she didn’t. The pink-haired internally screamed upon hearing Professor Lavigna’s dramatic introduction- more specifically the ‘dying’ part. ‘T-Temporary death!? There’s such a thing!? What the FLIPPING whale!’ she thought to herself with a shiver. It wasn’t long before the other professor- whom Yuna quickly recognized as the same woman who ‘helped’ her unsummon Mr. Pinky and reprimanded her and Atsuko earlier- piped up with the actual lesson and instruction.

‘Speaking of the tiny devil…’ Yuna squinted her eyes at Atsuko’s approaching figure. There was this big smile on her face, which was highly uncharacteristic of her! Why was she smiling at Yuna? The egotistic female remained alert. She felt as though her roommate was about to pull out a knife and stab her.

"Hey so since everyone else seems to have found a partner how about we team up?”

Yuna blinked, “W-Wha-?” her tone was a mixture of shock and confusion. She wasn’t expecting Atsuko to ask her to partner up with her! As far as she knew, she was after her neck! Aha! The imp must have been so awed by her performance during the last class when she successfully warded off the giant snake, and now she wanted to be on her good side. Yuna laughed, “Sure, since you’re so desperate to partner up with the awesome Star student AKA me- Yuna Jeon!” she agreed boisterously while posing.

“Since I’ve already proven that I am beyond excellent in making wards, I think that you should be tested first.” she began, “Go and draw your ward then I’ll try to break it. Ooops? Did I say try? I mean- I will break it. Ohohohohoohoho!”

animegirl20 animegirl20

After Alice gave her answer Azura and Magnus started discussing the instrument Azura was going to make when suddenly there was a loud knock at the door. Alice glanced towards the door. "Now who could that be?" Alice was about to open the door but suddenly a man barged in almost knocking over Alice. "H-hey!" Alice said with slight irritation in her voice. It was Captain Witherspoon apparently he had a report and request that was urgent. "Trouble within the barrier?"
Uasal Uasal
Quinlan63 Quinlan63
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roxie nodded. ".....Wait how the hell am I suppose to test this?.....!" An idea cam to Roxie and she took off her shoe and threw it hard at Liuxe's ward.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atsuko's eyebrow twitched at Yuna's comment about her being desperate but she bit her tongue. Atsuko put on a strained smiled. "Look should you or I go first?" Yuna stated she would go first since she had already proven that she was quote "Excellent at making wards." That and proclaimed that should break Atsuko's ward. While Yuna was laughing something hit her head. It was a shoe, Atsuko's shoe. "Whoops, my bad my shoe must of slip." She said with a slight glare but it was soon gone and replaced with a smile. Atsuko then walked over picked up her shoe and put it one. She then drew her ward. Which was normal not great but not awful either. "Alright, I'm ready."
. D O V E . D O V E

Morkari

Morkari was sitting down in his ward, wondering what to do now. Chouko was still walking on knives, so not much she could do right now, and Morkari was tired of trying to draw his own ward. "Guess I could try and reproduce that spell again..." He tried to remember how he did it, but all he remembered was what he was thinking about when it happened. He couldn't seem to produce the same result as before though. The closest he got was his magelight moving and sticking to a tree.

"Gah, this is way harder than it seems." He sighs and watches everyone else to see if he could get some ideas, though it seemed unlikely at this point, as no one else had managed to do anything even close to what he did.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jasmine

Jasmine finished cleaning her Wakizashi and sighed. "It's so boring right now, Soren. Nothing to do until tomorrow." She stands up and walks out of her, and then out into a courtyard. "Well, Maybe I can see if sh'es still around, shall I?" She looks at Soren and waves her hand. Some magic appears, and then starts moving towards her right. "Hah, she's definitely still alive at least. Though I'm not sure how far she is from here... Well, no harm in trying." She then let's out a whistle enhanced by magic. It was enhanced in a way, that only her, Soren, and one other could hear it, it was also modified so it carried much, much farther. "Well, now we can only wait and see." She sat down and started meditating, waiting to see what happened...

A few hours later, Jasmine's eyes opened, twinkling. "hehe, looks like she was nearby. Suddenly a screech of a bird could be heard in the distance. A few seconds later, a Japanese Sparrowhawk flies down and lands on her left shoulder. "There you are, Yatsuki. Been awhile hasn't it?" The hawk squawks and flies to a nearby branch, just as Soren pounces onto Jasmines shoulder right where the bird was moments before.

Jasmine's Hawk.jpg

Jasmine laughs. "Really, you two still can't get along can you..." She sighs and stands up, putting Soren on the ground she turns towards Yatsuki and raises her arm. "Come on, I wanna go see the other teachers. Best to get to know them since I'm going to be joining them soon." The hawk eyes Jasmine for a few seconds, before fluttering down onto her arm and moving to her shoulder again. "Soren, don't." Jasmine doesn't even look, she just starts walking as Soren got ready to pounce again. "pff, I'll get that bird some day..." Jasmine just ignores him and smiles. She then heads back inside with Yatsuki on her left shoulder, looking for any teacher she could find and talk to...

Interactions- Any teacher or assistant that wants to.

Last edited:
Hector had done his best to keep focused on his ward and it did work better than he expected but it started to crack in the end. The damage wasn't enough to actually get to him but it was enough to raise some concerns for the future. He could only hope that he was much better with attacking than defending. He took a sec to pull out his book on necromancy since that was what he was having his best luck in. A lot of the spells used for attacking sadly tended to result in death so he needed to be careful on what he picked. The didn't seem to be any good option though as it seemed, well until he found a section harnessing death energy. He was pretty sure he could chanel that into some kind of attack that would not be instantly lethal. Holding out his right hand he focused on his ring to use his mana to draw in death energy. He could only hope that there was at least a little around him to use since that books says that he needed a place that was filled with death to do this. It was slow going but he could see the death energy being drawn to his hand (someone must of died around here at some point). The flow of death energy stopped once he had formed a black ball of energy in his hands. Oddly enough he could feel a strange coldness coming from it, almost like he was holding death itself. He was sure though that it shouldn't be lethal since it wasn't a lot.

"Alright, time to see what I can do, prepare yourself," he said right before he thrust out his hand and the "death ball" crashed into her ward. The effect was interesting since it left a giant hole in the shape of a perfect circle but nothing. Misaki had been left untouched proving that the spell was only enough to break a part of the ward. Once he was done he assumed he would stop feeling the coldness but but a bit of it stayed with him. He wasn't sure if that was good or bad but so far he wasn't feeling like destroying the world or anything so he decided to worry about that later. "Well that was better than expected but it seems your ward won't just be completely destroyed in on hit."

1566598859124.png
Captain Witherspoon moved toward Magnus' desk with heavy-footed steps. The man moved quickly, and with every step that echoed out the room became more and quieter. Tenser. Then in a sudden movement, a loud bang resonated throughout the room as his fist was brought crashing down onto the hardwood of the principal's desk. A bead of sweat visibly rolled from the man's crown down to his brow and then even further still until it fell and too collided with the desk. "There has been an alarming discovery in the eastern forest. This morning two young children were found dead on the verge of the said forest. The children in question were paralyzed and.... eaten right down to their bones, alive. Upon discovery, a formal investigation was launched in the area. Five low ranking mages from the order were killed and feasted on in the exact same way. Specialised Mages were then sent in. Three in total. What those three mages discovered was a subterranean nest of Fae. A suspected colony of over two thousand. Maybe more. Two of the specialists returned unharmed from recon, the third is in comatose and missing a substantial amount of his left arm. The specialists I'm speaking of were all Platinum Ranking. The best of the order under of course the captains themselves and those granted the ranking of Merlin's Guard. Those three mages would pose a major threat to any country in the human world on their lonesome let alone together. The fact they were lucky to escape on what was only recon is... Quite frankly, it is terrifying. This colony, it's a danger to us all! And what's worse is. Sir, they've been siphoning the barriers magic in order to stave off the need to consume physical food. The readings we took... they suggest a breach of the barrier in the proximity is highly probable in the coming weeks. The fae typically live in colonies no bigger than a hundred at a stretch... Something is off sir... this threat. It's quite possibly a worst-case scenario for the record books."

Coughing for a brief moment the Captain moves to wipe his forehead and then slowly approaches the window before lighting a cigar he had been storing in his front pocket. "All five captains have been notified. All ten Platinum ranks have been notified. The Council has been notified. Two of the three Merlin Guards have been informed. The order is on red alert and the eastern forest has been placed under total blockade as of ten minutes ago. To be honest, the order is the best of the best. The best of those you personally groom here in the academy. And still. Still, I think we might lose this fight or very near lose it..."

Taking a few puffs from the cigar the Captain straightens up his posture once again and removes from his inner coat pocket a sealed scroll that Magnus would recognise easily on sight. "Sir, with all due respect. This is our only chance. You know as well as I do that unless we take such a drastic measure several lives will be lost. Please, Sir, sign the scroll into effect! That is my request!"

Yuna Jeon

Yuna let out a short scream when a shoe was suddenly planted against her face. It slowly slid off, revealing the girl's face twitching with anger. It wasn't long before the culprit, the little imp Atsuko, claimed that it was an accident. "You vertically-challenged, little, short, and flat-chested SHRIMP!" she yelled, feeling her veins popping inside of her head as she pointed accusingly at her roommate.

The pink-haired teen was basically seething when Atsuko finished drawing her ward. Yuna rolled her shoulders and massaged her biceps all while giving the other girl a side-glare. 'I will show this annoying Nachiko just who she's messing with. I will shatter her ward like a glass, then she will bow down to the number one girl in the whole universe wHICH IS YUNA JEON!!!" she voiced out the last part of her previously silent thought while stretching her arms upwards.

"Hah! So you think you can just throw your stinky shoes at my face like it's no big deal? Well guess what? You are wrong! VERY wrong!" she ranted as she approached menacingly. When she was a few steps away from the ward, she rolled her sleeves and took on an offensive stance. "NOW TASTE THE MIGHTY FIST OF YUNA!" she pulled her right arm backwards, gathering force before sending it forward straight to the ward with a louder: "YUNA YUNA PUNCHHHHH!"

CRACK

Yuna blinked.

Something cracked. It wasn't Atsuko's ward.

Lavigna Lockheart

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

The good professor, who was previously definitely-watching over the students, was alerted upon hearing an ear-piercing scream. She whipped her head to its direction and saw the pink-haired girl with a whale familiar rolling on the floor while clutching her right fist. Lavigna walked over to the notorious duo's spot and shook her head.

"I'm not even going to ask." she whispered underneath her breath before pulling Yuna off the ground. The professor then took her right hand and placed her own on top of it. A greenish glow appeared around their hands before it dissipated when the girl's injured hand was entirely healed. Lavigna watched as Yuna looked up at her with a bewildered face before staring at her previously-injured hand with gaping mouth. She shrugged, "You're welcome."

Lavigna rose to her feet and looked around the gym, finally noticing the state of the students. She cupped her own chin thoughtfully, 'Hmmm... they seem to be struggling. How sad!' she thought to herself. None of them were able to destroy a single ward as of the moment. On the brighter side, there were some students who were able to conjure their own offensive spells although she haven't taught them anything about it yet. Lavigna also observed that the attacks somewhat represents the mages who casted them. How promising! In fact, that was the main point of this whole thing. She wanted to see if these students would be able to find a way to destroy a ward by their own.

Then again, there were only a few of them so far. Perhaps the students need a push. Lavigna clapped her hands, trying to take everybody's attentions, "Everybody listen up!" she began, "My patience is growing thin. Those who fail to destroy their partner's ward within the next ten minutes will be facing a terrible, terrible, terrible consequence." she stated while looking very grimly. She snapped her fingers and summoned a crate filled with swords made of sturdy woods- mostly used by trainee sword-meisters during practice. "Feel free to use these to break the wards." she said. Of course there were some whose magic would be better harnessed if they were using a weapon.

"Remember! Ten minutes!" she reminded, tapping her foot impatiently.

Yuna Jeon AGAIN
Yuna finally recovered from her earlier shock and grabbed a wooden sword from the newly summoned crate. She will not be facing any consequences! She had enough for today! With a great resolve, she eyed Atsuko's ward before running towards it with her weapon raised.

The pink girl repeatedly smashed her sword against her roommate's barrier with closed-eyes like an idiot, yelling "BREAK!" every time she did so. Unbeknownst to her, her sound magic has blended itself into her voice, causing its soundwaves to blast against Atsuko's ward. Whether the ward was breaking or not, only Atsuko would know since her roommate has her eyes closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back