• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Newson's Partner Search (Updated 6.28.17)

Newson

grant me eyes
Newson's Thread of Interests

Intro
Hello there!

I'm Newson. I've been on this site for three years now. I've been writing and roleplaying for much longer than that. I've written plenty of works, and have had a general consensus that I have a dandy writing skill. Plenty of my teachers have praised my writing. One even said I had a gift, but I don't really want to gloat. But to level out my cockiness, I will share some of my weaknesses. My presence is sporadic. Either I am on multiple times throughout the day, or I'm gone for a day or two. It mostly depends on my busy schedule; which is another shackle on me. I'm either at theater practice, work, or working on my social life. I love having a presence on here, but my presence outside the site is needed.

Otherwise, I want to create this thread to overall make a thread for my interests. These include fandoms, genres, plots, and general ideas. I hope you find my thread entertaining, and similar to your own set of interests. I'm also looking to create a healthy relationship with more members of this community. More is detailed to the right of this.

And below are my genres, fandoms, and plots! But you must read the requirements first before hopping to roleplay with me.

Requirements
Here I will outline what I would like from you and some rules I'd like to put down.
  • I would like someone more mature, understanding, and caring. Someone who's willing to work with me and help create a world together (if we do).
  • I like the quality over quantity belief, but I would like more than three to four sentences.
  • Now that doesn't mean I like slackers. I want someone with a good grasp of punctuation and grammar, and the English language in general.
  • I only work with OCs, and would like the same from you.
  • I don't often have romance in my roleplays, but I am not completely against it. I definitely don't want forced or sudden romance. I want it to happen naturally, if it does.
  • I mostly play male, but I can play other genders if desired.
  • I can double, and do enjoy doubling. If the situation calls for it, I can and will.
  • I prefer PMs to one on one roleplay, but we can create a thread if that's your preference.
  • If you wish to end a roleplay we create, please let me know! I don't like ditching, and I'd must rather end it knowing why and when.

KEY
*** - Highly interested // ** - Somewhat interested // * - Need convincing
Bold - Preferred Role (if pairing) // Italicized - Plot(s)/Idea(s) in Mind
Genres

• Post Apocalyptic ***
  • Science Fiction **
  • Fantasy ***
    • Dark Fantasy/Medieval ***
  • Historical Fiction **
  • Realistic/Modern ***
  • Steampunk *
  • Dystopian *
  • Survival **
    • Winter Survival ***

Fandoms
Right now, I am most interested in Fallout, The Witcher, Star Wars, and Tokyo Ghoul. Yes, my tastes are all over the place, but I am really itching to do any of those four fandoms. I have plots in mind for all of them, and can easily brainstorm up some plots! Some character x character fields are offered just so I can give you an idea of what I like, but those aren't absolutely necessary since I don't usually do pairings.
  • Fallout ***
  • The Witcher ***
    • Witcher x Sorceress
    • Witcher x Witcher
  • The Elder Scrolls ***
  • Star Wars ***
    • Sith x Jedi
    • Sith x Sith
    • Sith x Bounty Hunter/Mercenary
    • Bounty Hunter/Mercenary x Jedi
  • Tokyo Ghoul ***
    • Ghoul x Ghoul
    • Ghoul x Human (I'd need convincing to play as the human.)
  • Mass Effect **
  • Bloodbourne **
  • Percy Jackson **

Ideas/Plots/Etc.
So... you've died, and now you're in Hell. How'd that work out? Well you've done some pretty fucked up things in your life. So fucked up, that the big man himself has given you a job straight away. Usually people torture and maim their way to a job, but you're special. Welcome to the Demon Division. You're a certifiable demon, and like me, you do various jobs for Mr. Boss like haunting, soul-collecting, the usual. But since you're a newbie, he's assigned me to watch over you and help out. This'll be fun. Just two demons doing.. demon things.

You wake up in a cold sweat. You're in an unfamiliar room. A florescent light lights the small concrete room. There is only a small bed mat, a metal table, and a small porcelain toilet in the corner. As soon as you sit up, you hear the sounds of an intercom, and you finally notice the speaker in another corner at the top of the room. A deep voice on the other end says, "Finally, you're awake." (I wanted to do a imprisonment roleplay with a twist. It won't entirely focus on the relationship between the captor and the captive, but also focus on why the captive is there, why the captor took them, and what else is going on. (Inspired by 10 Cloverfield Lane))

In late 2017, the presence of mutants came about in modern society. On the Chicago freeway, a bio-terrorist used his abilities to blow up a section of the Chicago freeway, and kill a squad of police officers. This was the first major event of biological terrorism in the United States, and the beginning of mutants become a threat. The government would then create vaccines meant to regress one's abilities, free lethal injections for those who want out of that life, and detention camps for those who fought with their powers. It is now late 2018. It's one year after the Chicago Explosion. The city of Los Angeles is experiencing the highest biological crime rate in the country. The government has declared martial law, and created a bordered quarantine around the city with checkpoints and military camps. Locked inside is the highest concentration of mutants this side of the country. Our characters are some of the mutants trapped inside. Scanners at border checkpoints prevent us from leaving without being detained. The Mutant Relocation Branch, or MRB, of government sends out agents to apprehend mutants. "Apprehend" meaning taking them away and putting them in detention camps that are almost concentration camps. The story should involve either our mutants trying to fight back, or trying to escape. Plots can be discussed. (Inspired by inFAMOUS.)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Newson Newson , Hi! LadyMasquerade over here c: Few things about me!
  • Been on the sit for almost a year with this account however not new to role playing :P
  • I am 18 soon to be 19 years of age, with decent grammar and punctuation although English is not my first language, I do tend to have minor spelling issues if it's a complex word.
  • I prefer using OC's myself.
  • I don't mind romance in the roleplay... although I don't focus it I would love if there is a hint of it :'3 if it happens naturally the better as well :) I prefer playing a female at this point cause I have roleplayed a bunch of males that i want a change ;p
  • I can rp in Pm and Threads. Doubling can also be something ^_^
  • I can go to 2+ paragraphs - depending on the situation. Im not a Novella writer however.
If you want to know anything more - do not hesitate to ask me. I am more willing to exchange information... roleplaying wise.

Now onto the preferences we have in common.

Genres
  • Post Apocalyptic
  • Fantasy
  • Dark Fantasy/Medieval
  • Realistic/Modern
PM me if you are interested and you have ideas/vague points we can develop of the following genres feel free... If not perhaps we can gather something together.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Hi revalia revalia ! If you could PM me if you're interested in creating a roleplay that would be great. A writing sample would be wonderful.

I am really interested in your 2nd plot! I am really into the Suspense and horror rps and would love to do one:D

Hi revalia revalia ! If you could PM me if you're interested in creating a roleplay that would be great. A writing sample would be wonderful.
Feel free to post stalk me for a writing sample xp - my roleplays are in my signature ^-^

If you like my style then feel free to leave a pm x

Hey there! I'd love to do some RP's with you, so far I have a few ideas. The first is a Sci-Fi RP in a giant planet-spanning megapolis with lots of urban enviroments and drama (With some nice action), the city is controlled by a corrupt government executing dissent under the guise of preventing terrorism.

The other idea is a monster hunt in the 1970's where monsters are hidden from the public for the most part, and some different monster hunting organisations are regaining their footing after quite a few large wars and unsuccessful hunts

Only just made the account, so I can't PM people yet. . . hopefully that doesn't start things off on a bad note, I'll throw everything down here and we can go from there. Anyway, hello! Few things about myself;

- Looks like we have the same grasp of the English language, nice to see someone else who sees it as more than a tool and, you know, as something artistic; we're on the same page there.

- I'm seventeen, will be eighteen come this June.

- Fine with playing male or female, just need to let me know what you'd prefer (if you have any preferences at all) and we can work from there.

- OC's all the way!

- Dark Fantasy sounds great in terms of setting, alongside Post-Apocalyptic (possibly doing a roleplay that combines them?); I don't have anything specific in mind as far as plotting goes, but I have some thoughts concerning a general theme that we can discuss over PM (if you're interested, of course).

- I don't remember a lot about Bloodborne lore, but I loved the game and have been meaning to go and replay it (currently working my way through DS3); not knowing about the lore may or may not be a problem, could always play a character who wouldn't/doesn't know a lot about the world. I'm totally willing to brush up on the lore if you'd prefer that of course.

- SAMPLES! (lots of pretentious snippets of ideas - nothing really super, but hopefully you'll get something from them - if you need something more, I can have a dig!)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1J2bQdzKLs1U4oMPu0AoebCTe6mK4KXAfRKbCJRhjEBY/edit?usp=sharing , https://docs.google.com/document/d/1u_x4g-V8ivGSrTfwXKf304gqRCiy6rWahcN4DQZgK44/edit?usp=sharing , https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mGJ24RWPAa2-2nebaV6FV9K-m7eQptcc4ys8azrGidk/edit?usp=sharing

- GMT, meaning I'm about 5 hours behind most of the Americas (no idea where you're from, but I'm used to most people being from that part of the world).

- Currently coming up to A-Level exams, which may make my posting a little bit sporadic, but nothing super exceptional due to study leave.

If I missed anything important, let me know and I'll get you an answer as soon as I can. Thanks for reading. :)

Hello! I see you're looking for more fantasy/medieval based rps! I play a lot of Dungeons and Dragons and would love to do a 1x1 campaign! (or something related to that, if you're into it!) I am in school however but I will try my best to keep on top of posting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back