• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Newfound Lands - OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
"Right, before we begin..." The enigmatic woman started, pushing her glasses back further up her nose as she regarded the two people seated in front of her. "Pray tell, why exactly are you here?" She asked, glancing at the blond man seated next to Alyssa. Beck lazily met her gaze, twirling embers in between his fingers. "Figured Aly might need a little help." He answered with a shrug, snuffing the embers and stiffling a yawn. "Question of my own, why do you look so displeased about me being here?"

Cassandra sighed, ignoring the first mate's question as she turned her gaze to Alyssa. "I assume you know why I called you here?" Alyssa nodded. "We're going to discuss the types of terrain I might end up in during my mission."

"Very good, then we'll start with the worst, the marsh." She used the tip of her finger to tap the map in a specific location. "How will you deal with the humidity an dense vegetation?" Beck immediately opened his mouth to answer. "Easy, just burn-" "Shut up." "Yes ma'am." Alyssa thought about it for a moment before speaking up. "My regular clothing will be fine, the climate out here might be colder but I'll be fine without my cloak. As for the vegetation, I plan on using my silver to create platforms to walk over, a smaller version of mother's bridge of gold." Cassandra tapped her chin. "Will you have enough silver left to defend yourself?" Alyssa nodded. "Foren and I worked on some smaller weapon designs just in case."

"Very well then, next," She tapped another spot on the map. "What about the wastelands? What will you do against a sandstorm?" "Use my silver to prop up a bunch of the sand and create a hill for me to take shelter behind." "Right, and what if you run into bandits?" Alyssa didn't hesitate. "I'll show them the end of my blade." "But what if they capture you?" "They won't." Beck smiled but Cassandra didn't look nearly as amused. "But if they do." Alyssa sighed. "I will leverage my identity to get out of the situation, mother's wrath reaches anywhere if she wants it to."

Cassandra nodded sharply, tapping the next location. "Next, the ashlands. Not much to say here that hasn't been said yet, your plan for sandstorms will serve you well here as well. That said, do keep in mind that your silver will conduct heat faster than your mother's gold." Alyssa nodded, though she secretly hoped it wouldn't ever come to the ashlands.

"Next is the frozen north, right?" She asked, manipulating some of her silver into a little arrow to point at the map. Cassandra nodded, nimbly grabbing the silver object out of the air and chucking it at Beck. The blond pirate just as easily fished the projectile out of the air and tossed it up and down a few times before tossing it lightly towards Alyssa. "Right, so what would you do?" Alyssa grinned. "I would bring Beck as my personal heater." Beck mirrored her grin, not at all offended by the fact she intended to use him as nothing more than a heater. Cassandra herself was less amused, impatiently tapping the map. "I'll ask again, what would you do."

I can make up for the terrain with my platforms, as for the cold, I'll have to ask the ship's tailor to make me a warmer outfit before I go. As far as residents are concerned, anyone who stands in my way will be cut down, that's how it has always been."

"Very well, I think discussing the next area is hardly necessary but we shall do it anyway. The treasure isles are Alric's territory after all." Beck scoffed. "If that grump believes he can stop me from breaking the necks of whoever dares to hurt Aly at sea he is in for a surprise." Cassandra rolled her eyes. "I don't doubt that, but don't delude yourself, the Lord of Storms would dispose of you with a flick of his finger. Just, be careful Alyssa."

"Finally, Solmar. It's..." "Isn't that where that blood-sucking bastard is from?" Beck interjected. "Yes, but don't let Liam hear that, he absolutely detests the place." Cassandra answered, swiftly moving on. "Well, that aside, Liam did say he wanted to give you some advice on surviving the place, as well as another health check-up." Alyssa groaned. "You're kidding, right? I had one last week as well." Cassandra let a genuine smile slip. "He expects you there this afternoon, don't be late. And Alyssa... Be careful out there, alright?"

(I started writing this up a while ago but then I went on holidays and got so busy for a few days that I could only finish it now on my phone.)

FINALLYYYY I'm so sorry for the wait!

Key of Stars Key of Stars
Love the inclusion of Alyssa's crewmates (≧▽≦)

I'll get my own OOC written after I catch up on some study. Everyone's posts have been great so far. I'm looking forward to tormenting seeing them in different biomes in future :>

There are six biomes set up for expeditions at the moment, so I'd like to know how your characters would deal with/have dealt with the threats or challenges in these environments. Five points for each biome answered!

1. The Dark Marsh - Hot; humid; dense vegetation; bug infested (constitution drain)

2. The Wastelands - Arid; sparse vegetation; bandit outposts; sandstorms

3. The Ashlands - Extremely hot; mountainous; volcanic soil; ash storms (constitution drain)

4. The Frozen North - Arctic; mountainous; hostile residents; snowstorms

5. Treasure Isles - Temperate ocean; underwater caves; pirates; sea creatures

6. Solmar - Cold; undead ruins; catacombs; cursed sky (mana drain)
1, "I love the marsh biome, it has such a dense biodiversity underneath all those tall grass, rotting logs and muddy water. It does indeed gives a lot of inconvenience but being well prepared with enough supplies and medicines should be good to help going through it. Next time, I wish to travel with a native so I can learn more about the local flora and fauna."

2. "Ahh, the dryland. It does piqued my interest but I never got the chance to travel there. The arid environment itself shouldn't be much of a problem for as my magic should be enough to cover that, the dry sand though, it will stick to my entire skin in just a few minutes and gives me severe rashes. Unless I can get carried inside a box on a camel I think I will pass for now."

3. "Land of fire, I'm not interested. The temperature alone would be enough to deter me. The only method I can think of for me to safely travel into that place is by having enough magic to use at 100% uptime. Very inefficient."

4. "The cold soil. I love seeing the white landscape and I'm not too bothered with the cold, that being said, I really must be careful about frost bite, my kin tends to not notice a temperature drop in our own limbs. Thick clothes is useless for me though as I lack body heat to begin with so my best bet is to bring something or someone who can generate heat for me."

5. "Not deep enough for me to be calling it home, but I'm definitely familiar with it. Being inside a tight-knit well armed group gives the best chance of surviving there. I'm actually more concerned about internal conflict rather than invasion from another. It happens way too often there, and it hurts. I really hate it when greed takes over people's mind."

6. "People call it the cursed land right? Honestly, I don't mind it. Morale implication aside, it's a really interesting place where biology interact with magic in such unrestrained ways and I can understand why people like my mentor went into that place. Poison, acid, disease, blood, flesh, bones are all things within my expertise and I'm pretty confident I can survive well there, as long as I have allies to cover my back of course."

wait we did that thing for points i just thought it was some random questionnaire to fill up time between points.

Behold the power of character building at work! Jk, I sometimes do OOC for funsies instead of points, but they usually happen so infrequently that I give points as a way to complement what's going on in IC.

So yeh, +30 points to anyone who's completed all the questions!

Behold the power of character building at work! Jk, I sometimes do OOC for funsies instead of points, but they usually happen so infrequently that I give points as a way to complement what's going on in IC.

So yeh, +30 points to anyone who's completed all the questions!
🕶️

sorry if the post will end up cringe.
im once again in the phase of "lets create chants for spells since that was fun."
also will only add those 30 points after the encounter ends since i feel it would be weird to grow stronger mid encounter

Last edited:
Ngl anything written in rhyming verse is fun to do (⁠≧⁠▽⁠≦⁠)
If ya want i can so that for all spells that Sally does. Hell i could do a "spellbook" section in his cs where i write the spells he weaves and explanation for how he does it. Since i broke the chant into 3 parts.but more upon that later as i have to go to work.

are people alive over here?
or is it dead?
don't really want it to be dead i like this.

Fear not, for I am indeed still alive. Hopefully things haven't come to permanent halt in the middle of a battle against the centipede, but if I had to guess between school/college starting back and or work as well as the in character setup with the vines and ice, things may have gotten delayed as people waited on others to post or were simply just busy themselves.

HI YES I'M ALIVE

RatKing RatKing hit the nail on the head pretty much. I'm about a month and half of GRADUATING HELL YEAH, but also I'm in hell. RPNation didn't notify me I had an OOC reply

Okay I'm decently sure the response I was waiting for to post again isn't going to happen. So if people are still interested how about I get a post up soon and end the battle with Alyssa?

I'll write out the effects of physical exhaustion next post, it makes sense to me that Nanalee is too absorbed in the battle and her thoughts to notice her own state right now.

Seems the expedition is back on track with the continued beat down of that pesky overgrown insect. Poor thing had no idea what it was getting itself into.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back