• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Newcastle (Open!!)

Characters
Here
Damien Slater
the party
boooored
shorts and a t-shirt
interactions

Matt jazzyball jazzyball
Oh right.

Slater had forgotten that Matt was a fucking stick in the mud. He rolled his eyes, mumbling "great, more for me" under his breath, and then taking a swig of the beverage in hand. There was a messy grin on his face as he dropped hand with bottle to his side. By this time, his breath undoubtedly reeked of the whiskey that ran through his veins.

"I could start a fire," Slater agreed with a snort, not quite picking up that it was probably because of the alcohol, and not the scent of weed that also clung to his clothes. Of course, by now, that was basically the boy's cologne. Yeah, nothing got the chicks wanting your number quite like the overwhelming stench of weed.

He fumbled with his pocket and after a moment of struggle, he produced a lighter. His thumb struggled with it for a moment, and then he lit it up. A grin cascaded across his face as he waved the little flame forward.

"See?" He said, as if this minor accomplishment were something to be truly proud of. Of course, as he waved it about, he fumbled with it again and ended up burning his finger. Slater let out a string of cures as he reflexively dropped the lighter. It landed in the sand at his feet, all while he shook his hand. "Ah, fuck fire. Who needs it anyway?" He hissed, and then turned his attention back to the guy by him.

"Wanna get high and go swimming?"

Genius idea, right?
coded by natasha.

willa
moreau
interested
  • outfit

tee, jean skirt, boots

https:///www.willa-moreau.com/introductory-post
As Willa got dressed, she repeated her mother's new pseudonym out loud to herself.

"Mia. Mia. Mia. Mia. Mia."

Soon she stopped saying it as her mind drifted into an imaginary argument in which she told her mother that she was not going to the damn Fourth of July party currently underway at the beach. Her argument included a lot of expletives on her part.

But in the real argument, Willa had not argued with her mother at all. She had opened her mouth with the intention of doing so and then quickly shut herself up and acquiesced. She was still getting used to a lot of things, one of which was once again living with a parent. She had never had a very good relationship with her mother, and still harbored a lot of ill will toward her, but now she was at least trying. Maëlle's--oops, shitfuckdamnit--Mia's circumstances required her to do so.

Mia had also dictated that Willa "dress normal." What the fuck does that even mean? Willa thought. This command she was definitely ignoring. She dressed in a Ramones t-shirt, the sleeves of which had been ripped off, a jean skirt, and black combat boots.

No, this was not the outfit of someone trying to look like everyone else. But Willa just could not bring herself to become a conformist. Just the thought of wearing the khaki shorts Mia had bought for her made her feel itchy inside.

Dressed and almost ready to go, Willa quietly went into the kitchen and found where her mother was hiding some vodka behind the cleaning supplies. Like Willa wouldn't find it there--and like she wasn't already fully accustomed to drinking. She was more of a dark liquor kind of gal, but vodka would do. Willa figured a small-town liquor store would definitely be the type to card.

She quickly filled up her flask, holding it over the sink in case she spilled, closed it, put the vodka back carefully, tucked the flask into her back pocket, and left the apartment.

Mia was not there to notice any of this, of course. She was staying to close up the flower shop that she now owned, leaving her daughter to go to the party alone. Willa really did not mind being alone, though; in fact she loved it. She had to start to make friends in this town, but she was pretty good at that, at least.

Willa walked to the beach--it was only a few blocks--and quickly mixed into the crowd. Getting some lemonade, she struck up a little small-talk with a few adults around her. She had to find a place to nonchalantly slip some vodka into her cup, but she was currently in the middle of the crowd. Unsure of where to go, Willa looked around, trying to scope out a spot.

From her left she heard a male voice and turned to see a guy around her age. He introduced himself as Justin and asked where she was from.

Willa just looked at him for a moment, trying to get her whole story straight before she opened her mouth.

"Hi Justin," she said. "I'm Willa. I'm from L.A. And..."--he looked like the kind of guy who wouldn't bat an eye--"I'm looking for some place where no one will see me with a flask." She smiled at him and raised one eyebrow questioningly.
coded by reveriee.

Brody Jesson
party
cool cool cool
blue swim shorts w/ unbuttoned shirt
interactions

Willa starkravingsane starkravingsane
Holy hell. Justin blinked at the girl at her question which had felt... very upfront, and super freaking quick. Not that he had any kind of issue with under age drinking (he'd be a hypocrite if he did) or some other dumb shit. Just that he wasn't sure if he'd ever been talking to a chick and had her so quickly admit to wanting a drink.

"Straight to the point, huh?" He spoke his thoughts aloud with a chuckle, and took a sip from his Coca Cola can. All the while, his dark eyes were kind of scanning around, trying to judge the best place to go about her little plan.

As he brought the can back down, his eyes came back to her face.

"I might have an idea," he said, and started to walk away from the party. As he did, his gaze studied her form, taking in the shirt all the way down to her jeans with a frown. "You know it's a beach party, yeah?" He asked. "Are you one of those people that don't know how to swim? 'Cause if so, I can teach you. I've been told I'm an amazing teacher." Although his thoughts were drifting to him teaching Mer the proper way to kiss as opposed to swim lessons, but hey.

Willa didn't need to know that.

"Anyway," Justin started up after they'd moved a decent way down the beach, to a place where the darkness blanketing them from the night would more or less conceal what they were doing. "Just asking 'cause the best place to hide?" He gestured towards the ocean with his head. "The water, ya know?" And no, this wasn't just some dumb excuse to try and get the girl in the water or... something.

"But show me. What do ya got? Hiding beers or something?" He asked with a grin.
coded by natasha.

grayson lanes
fuck the beach
beach party
contemplative
black swim suit shorts, white unbuttoned shirt
interactions

none

Grayson hated the beach. Well correction, he hated the sand, but he supposed he’d have to stick it out for this party that was happening tonight. In…20 minutes. Fuck. He was going to be late.

Typically Grayson wasn’t very active on the party scene, but he’d had a particularly long week at work, and, well…participating in some underage drinking and socializing with people that weren’t Jackson and the house staff would be refreshing. Much needed.

He had no plans to meet anyone, which he supposed was a dumb move on his behalf, but he got along with most of the people that would be there well enough so surely he’d find someone to hang out with. Hopefully. Jackson still hadn’t left yet either, though the two were commuting separately. Grayson could hear the thudding bass of electronic music coming from the room down the hall from his own, so he assumed his older brother was in the process of getting ready. WHO Jackson planned to chill with Grayson hadn’t any idea, but he was sure his brother would be fine tonight.

Unless it was like the last beach party.

At the last event held on the beach, Jackson had managed to get outrageously drunk, steal the DJ’s microphone and get up on stage for a “regularly scheduled stand up comedy routine”. Jackson didn’t remember the night. Everybody else did.

”Jackson! I’m leaving,” Gray called as he excited his room, keys in hand. There was no response, so he padded down the hard wood hall to Jack’s room and opened the door to find the dark haired boy hanging upside down off the edge of his bed, a haphazardly rolled joint between his teeth.

“I…what are you doing?” he asked cautiously, a startled laugh slipping from between his lips. While waiting for a response, Gray looked around his brother’s dimly lit room, surprised at how clean everything was for once. The only mess to be seen were the tools for Jack’s wood carving thrown across the desk, wood shavings and half formed carvings scattered among them. A fully stocked rolling tray sat besides it, the origin of Jackson’s aforementioned joint. The burning smell of the plant filled the room despite the dozen or so lit candles and open windows that allowed a cool breeze to pervade the area.

”Smokin’ a joint upside down, fuck’s it look like?” Jackson replied snarkily, the words a bit muffled as he still held the smoldering joint between his lips.

Grayson had learned long ago not to question Jack’s odd behaviors, so he simply struggled, turning to exit the room and said over his shoulder: ”Okay well I’m going to the party, I’ll see you when you get there.”

The drive to the beach was short, and when he got there, fifteen minutes later, a bunch of people were already milking about the beachside, drinks in hand. He slid out of his truck, a black 2019 Chevy Silverado. Being sure to lock it behind him, he crossed the street to the stairs that led down to the beachside.

God damn he hated the beach.

He needed a drink, asap.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

des merriweather

♡coded by uxie♡

“Smashing!” she replied, half joking as she referenced Austin Powers holding up the camera and snapping a shot before the girl had any other choice.

The flash overtook the young woman, and Des took a moment to glance down at the screen and review the photo. It appeared that the first photo didn’t meet her expectations, so she grunted in response to the tomboy’s question and held up the lens. She focused the shot, taking more care with this click.

“It’s actually some off-brand crap I bought at the thrift,” Desdemona finally answered, snapping another photo with a flash.

She glanced at it and let the camera go. Satisfied, she studied the young woman across from her in more depth. She certainly had a unique style, Des thought, pulling at her own skirt. They were foils, opposites visually, yet the color palettes remained similar.

Hmph. Cars were certainly not where her interests lied, but they seemed to fit the personality projected by the woman in front of her. I’ll bite, she thought, and Des’s attention was hooked akin to a cautious fish on the line.

She picked up and fiddled with the camera again. Another picture would do. “Yeah? What’s it about cars you like so much?”

Another flash of the camera.

Ethan Cypress

♡coded by uxie♡

A pool of smoke and a pair of arms wrapped around him. AJ smelled of sandalwood today, and Dalia sprayed a stench onto all their bodies. Thankfully, he lept out of the way with enough grace and skill to avoid most of it.

“It’ll stop you from smelling!” she exclaimed, though AJ bumped her elbow into the cousin.

Quieter, she clarified, “It’s just a bit of rose water and vanilla. It’ll bring you luck, love, and life.”

To contrast her whimsy, AJ clarified, “And you’ll smell like birthday cake instead of weed.”

Ethan sighed, slamming the van door shut with a rolling shutter. “I guess,” he mumbled, sniffing his t-shirt, bringing the collar up and over his nose, only to do the same to the sweater in his arms. He found the green knit smelled more of vanilla cookies, and he swung it on with the breeze’s kick.

The Cyprus cousins trotted onto the beach, with Dalia heading straight for the sea and AJ moseying around with E.T. over to refreshments.

He had a cup of soda in hand, sipping on Sprite, when a different type of sprite tugged at his sleeve. Instinctively, he pulled his arm up, shocked, but his eyes softened once he saw the culprit.

“Oh. Hello.”

AJ took the lead, practically knocking him out of the way, to kneel down and chat with the wee one. “Are you lost?”

He almost laughed at her ridiculous tone. So sweet, so high-pitched. He eyed her before a much taller, older version of the girl pulled her away.

“Question asked and answered,” AJ commented, though she quickly stood and nudged E.T. forward before rounding to the other side of the snack table.

“Uh. Uhm. That.”

“That’s alright,” AJ finished for him, and his cheeks turned bright red. She nodded at him like she was a horse.

“Yeah. That.” He gave a trepidatious smile as he recognized immediately who she was. She stood across from him at the counter every Thursday when his aunts forced AJ and him to pick up new flowers for the altar.

Somehow, this made it infinitely worse.

His throat became the Sahara, so he took a sip of his drink. He glanced at the two little girls in tow, and he gave them both a stronger, more vivacious smile. E.T. asked, squatting a bit, “What’re your names?”

He diligently avoided making eye contact with their guardian, though once they had answered, he didn’t have much of a choice. AJ bore daggers into him, and while Ethan appreciated the concern for his social well-being, it would be smoother to talk to an acquaintance without her standing there, ready to grade his performance.

In a stuttery spat of words, E.T. asked, “Y-you work in the flower shop, don’t you?”

Realizing he mumbled and slurred his words, he repeated himself once more, adding on at the end, “I come by every Thursday. Well, we do, I mean.”

Pointing to AJ, he moved his body to reveal her small, smirk-filled wave. “Minty, right?”

He’d liked her name the first time he’d read it on her name tag. Sprigs of mint-leaves and a Garden of Eden. Honey-drizzled teas and spindles of white-wheat. His gaze landed on her curls, and AJ’s grumbling brought them to Minty’s eyes.

Forcefully and without grace, he pushed his hand forward and offered a smile once more. This time, it was genuine and a bit more confident. “I’m Ethan.”

“We call him E.T.,” AJ added, and the alien boy looked to throw back the knives she’d been glaring into him since the interaction began.

jackson lanes
Thank god for Mary Jane
beach party
drinks drinks drinks
black jeans, no shirt
interactions
Toni

Jackson was smoking a joint upside down, which made complete sense to him—it would definitely, for sure get him way higher—but to his brother, Grayson?

”I…what are you doing?”

Thankfully, he had to give no explanation other than the obvious, and Grayson left shortly after that, off to the 4th of July party that was being held at the beach. Jack was only going because Toni was. The two were going to get outrageously high, maybe take some shots, and get up to some mischief.

The perfect way to spend his weekend, if you asked him.

The joint was now burned down to practically the filter, so Jackson threw himself backwards over the edge of his bed, landing with a not-so-graceful thud on the floor. It was time to get going. He wasn’t concerned about being late. That wasn’t Jackson Lanes the Roach man’s style. Honestly? He just wanted to get crossed and forget about life for a while.

With a rather dramatic sigh, Jackson stood up and turned to examine himself in the mirror. His looks had always been a source of pride for him, his dark hair and olive skin courtesy of his parent’s Italian heritage. There was a running joke in the family that Grayson was adopted, since he looked like none of them.

Some days Jack wondered if his younger brother would have been better off, in a happy, loving family rather than…whatever you could call what they had now. The kid had turned out alright, but maybe he’d have been happier with a mom and dad rather than a screwed up older brother who could barely take care of himself.

It was thoughts like those that drove him to drink.

Jackson turned his attention back to the mirror, meeting his own hazel eyes in the mirror. Tired. He looked tired. His full lips were drawn into a half grimace, and the skin under his eyes was dark from the lack of sleep he’d been getting. But…he was still hot.

Jackson shot himself a lopsided grin in the mirror before turning on his heel, snatching his motorcycle keys from where he’d hung them besides his dresser, and crossed the room to grab his weed and rolling tray before leaving his room.

As he drove to the beach, the wind whipping past him and weed stowed safely away in the saddlebags, Jackson let out a whoop of exhilaration. Speed limit enforcement in Newcastle was fairly lenient and he was easily going 20, 30 over the limit.

When he arrived, the parking lot full of cars already, Jackson parked in a relatively empty area, before whipping out his phone to text Toni.

Hey you sexy beast, I’m at the party. Mary Jane and I are waiting for you.
coded by natasha.

cash miura

♡coded by uxie♡

Studying his figure, Cash smirked at the consistency of Jace’s presence. Of course, his face had become leaner, and it felt as though everyone had become more opaque once high school stopped draining every fiber of their being. It felt right to have his arm around him once more, and Cash thanked the stars there was at least one person, out of the handful, that didn’t hold his past self against him.

He felt Daisy’s gaze, and he looked across from Jace’s shoulder to see her quickly snap her head away.

“Uh hey…” Cash trailed off, still studying his sister, who was whispering feverishly to his brother.

Shaking his hair as though it were the cause of cobwebs, he focused once more on his friend. “Yeah, right. Right.” He scratched at the back of his head, tugging on a section of his hair. “I’ve been good. I have a new client; they’re piece is sitting at home. Restoration for some church.”

His work, his art, was easy to talk about. Consuming the way chewing bubblegum was. “And I’m here, so I’m bound to have a good time,” he joked, smile returning. “Plus, you’re here to get into mischief with,” he added with a nudge.

“How about you?” Cash dropped his arm around his friend’s shoulder, but he remained close by as they strolled along the beach.

Suddenly, he recalled the most important aspect to the holiday. Fireworks. He stopped up quickly and announced, “I also know exactly what we could do to make this bonfire more…” He looked around. It felt dead, though he was biased, especially as he saw his siblings.

“Alive.”

Aaron Deering | Xander Gardner | Winona Winona

Aaron’s family had arrived together. Mother and siblings and cousins and aunts and a woman of vague ties, an entire gathering in their own right. People had begun fucking off immediately and Aaron had split soon after Esther, following Casper to sit in the disgusting sand until he commented in his continued presence, clearly testy and… Well, Aaron would rather pick a fight with Casper in public.

So he’d fucked off on his own. Gotten a lemonade.

Here’s the kicker: Aaron didn’t like parties. Aaron especially didn’t like parties full of strangers. And sure, he’d been here six months, but he’d been doing a pretty impressive job at keeping folks at arm’s length. From the way Esther’d bitched about it, you’d think he’d set someone’s house on fire.

So he wasn’t getting intoxicated around strangers, could only spend so long half-listening to conversations he didn’t care about, and he hadn’t thought to bring anything to entertain himself beside his phone, not that there was anything he’d want to engage with where someone could see, anyways. If he were honest, he’d thought he’d just follow Esther around all night. But she’d disappeared without a trace to do God knows what and had not reappeared in the following couple hours. At some point, he’d ended up near the bonfire, distant from others and the growing noise auditory and otherwise of the event, doing his best to watch the fire and pretend he didn’t wish he’d just stayed home.

And then someone got the wise idea to come talk to him.

When he’d first seen him, he’d assumed he’d walk by him as if he weren’t there, off to meet someone he actually knew. Sure, it seemed like he was looking right at Aaron and Aaron was looking right back, but there was probably someone behind him or something—An illusion of sorts.

But no. Much to Aaron’s horrror, he stopped in front of him and introduced himself. If that weren’t bad enough, he proceeded to ask about why Aaron was alone, which was a question Aaron wanted an answer to, too. He tapped his lemonade once, then caught himself, and tapped a couple more times despite himself.

He knew in the way we all know that being over here to the side, apparently pathetic enough to encourage a stranger’s intervention, was lame as shit. Admitting to it seemed about the worst thing he could do. So what could he say? That he was waiting for his sister?

Not a second later he realized just how much lamer that sounded.

He settled on, “Just taking a break from the activity.” He took a sip of his lemonade, gaze drifting back to the fire for the moment. Purposeful, controlled. He tapped the rim of his cup again. “Aaron, by the way.”

Did it really fall on him to continue a conversation he hadn’t asked for? Fighting through the awkward attempting to gunk up his heart, he asked evenly, “Have you lived here long? I’m wondering what I should expect.”

• filler

Like a wave crashing on the shore, ripples of emotion swept across Logan's brain and seeped out through her tired eyes and creased brows. Among those was a reminder of better days, coated in the warmth of a flawed but loving home. Had Dex the psychological vigilance, he'd have followed the subtle shifts of his sister's limbs, as well as the quivering of her lips. These days she was ever-changing, her inner state of being no more at home than the rest of her.

Baby Axel was far too captivating for the squirrel-brained teen, whose hopeless intelligence was far more than privy to Logan. As he spoke, it was very clear that the two were in entirely different worlds in the same cruel reality. "Science experiments?" she repeated, two years dashed off of her life just by the very thought, "Dex, you didn't do the stupid... the stupid menthol in Coca Cola in my room again, did you?"

Dex lugged his head up from smiling at the baby, who writhed with squinted eyes. "Menthol? You mean..." His grin was playful and careless, though it begged the question: when was it not? "Uh, what was it called?" He shifted the baby with a sudden jerk, freeing a hand to tap at his chiseled chin.

The conversation moved on quick. When Dex got contemplative like this, rarely did he come up with an answer that made sense. "Has dad umm... you know, has he like... said... anything?" Logan ventured, her apprehension overcome with knowingly naive hope, all of which soared over Dex's head like stray embers bouncing off the big bonfire. It glowed orange on the siblings' cheeks, the backdrop to a melancholy occasion. Finally, once and for all, the Cruz children were more or less reunited. At least, two of them were; the rest had been rendered illegitimate long, long ago.

"Nah, nothin' really," he replied quickly, all with a painfully oblivious smile. He handed Axel back, beaming with the fondness granted to a fluffy kitten or a steaming hot plate of a mother's dinner, not that either of them were very familiar with the latter. Secretly, he wondered if the baby was at all like his uncle or if Logan at least held some hope that it was the case. That was the kind of stuff he'd have said about Logan if they were in opposite positions. Who wouldn't want a baby as smart as his big sister?

Silence set in, but Dex was always the first to break it. "But all your pictures and your stuff are still as you left them. It feels kinda like a ghost town at home. And Dad's a ghost now, too." Accompanied with his childlike intuition was a reluctance to expand on his more dubious of takes, which couldn't be explained if he tried.

"I think he misses you, though!" he added cheerily, though perhaps not the answer she wanted to hear. With that topic easily pushed out of Dex's mind, it was only a matter of time until they were reminded of just how incapable he was at sitting still. His head spun like a swivel chair, scanning fun to be had at the Fourth of July bonfire party.

That was when the idea dawned upon him. "Actually, he's gotta be around here somewhere." With a characteristic lack of hesitation, the towering son of Newcastle's ice-cold DA latched onto his sister's elbow with an unintentionally strong grip. "Let's go see what he's up to!" His eyes were innocent, his fragile excitement resting like a delicate flower in Logan's palms. How could anyone question the foolishness of someone so genuine?

Dexter Cruz

logan

♡coded by uxie♡

Elizabeth Olsen Facebook Watch GIF by Sorry For Your Loss

Avery Ljungberg
Outfit: Shorts and Gray Sleeveless T-Shirt
Mood: Slowly but surely having a proper conversation
Interaction: Des ( demonology demonology )
•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•
A bright flash like a flashbang grenade was detonated by a SWAT team member would came from the woman's camera as she'd just took a picture of her without permission. But she didn't care about it actually, as she leaned backwards on the front fender of her GTR and smirked when the woman asked about what's it about cars and why she likes them.

Heh, a total curious cutie I see. Avery thought about the girl, being a massive flirt when meeting girls was quite the interesting thing to do.

And she totally have the balls to either try to take a better look of the woman, well it should get things a bit more interesting and yet confusing at the same time. With the small look of disapproval of not asking permission to take a picture of her, but she did want to sort it out. It is like a sinking boat was finally be able to land onto shore.

She has a smell of fragrant cologne and the breath of fresh mint, Avery only wanted to be in the party alone and without any conversations until now.

"Well, I like cars because my parents owns mechanic shop back in San Diego when I was a little ass kid," Avery took a answer to the girl about why she likes cars a lot. Jeez, I hope I don't wanna fuck this conversation up, she thought to herself about not messing the conversation up.

And what would happen if the conversation is getting interrupted later on? Avery would easily try not to make a scrap during the party or it'd made some very unexpected consequences.

As a another flash from the woman's camera but this time, she mades a hot yet boyish pose for the camera.

Last edited:
Havana Lombardi
party
sticky.
interactions

Mitch, Zach, (mentions Cash) demonology demonology Xed Xed ditto ditto

"I'm sorry, I'm just sort of confused?" Havana spoke, taking a glance at her phone to look at the number, just to make sure she wasn't getting prank-called or something crazy like that.

Havana wasn't that old, she knew how prank calls worked, but this...

She's gonna be honest.

It was fucking ridiculous.

"The school isn't paying for the supplies you listed because--"

"They're expensive, I know, but I don't see how I'm supposed to teach a class without the proper supplies?"

"Mrs. Lombardi--"

"Thank you, but I'm not married,"

"Ms. Lombardi, this isn't even our office hours, I took time out of my holiday to let you know--"

"I understand, I'm sorry. I'll... call in the morning and maybe you can re-direct me to... whoever pays for all of this." Yeah, Havana really had no idea what she was doing. She didn't think it was going to be this difficult and school hadn't even started yet, not to mention Havana didn't even tell her brother-- nor her parents about the job she'd gotten, because... she had a few more months, anyway.

Do people say happy fourth of July? she can't remember.

An odd thing to forget, but instead of dwelling on it... "Happy fourth." Havana said, hanging up the phone with a heavy breath, pocketing her phone and glancing around the beach with her hands on her hips.

She wasn't entirely set on coming to a party, of course Havana wanted to, she was Havana. It'd be nice to catch up with everybody, everybody as in... mainly the old people because everyone else she knew in this town had left for college forever ago.

Well, except Cash.

High school sweetheart.

I don’t think you ever really move on from that.

Not in a lingering feelings type of way, but there’s always a big part of her that always thinks…

What if?

She isn’t sure if he’s the one that got away, since… he didn’t really go anywhere in the first place. Her gaze lingered on him, chatting, smiling, the fire illuminating his face.

The corners of her lips began to tilt upwards at the sight.

Havana had taken one step in his direction.

“Hav!”

The brunette turned around, searching for the voice before it had landed on her twin brother, Zach at the bar.

A last glance towards Cash and Havana had shook her head, somewhat coming to a decision and walking towards the bar right as a bright orange-red mixture was placed onto the bar-top.

“Aw, aren’t you so sweet, a drink for little ol’ me.”

“You ordered it.”

“I did indeed, but you made it,” Havana put a hand over her heart, pouting over at her brother.

They were always pretty close, but… always pretty different; fire & ice, the sun and the moon, yin and yang. They were opposites but they complimented each other well enough to make up for the other's weaknesses.

She was optimistic, he was realistic– no, not pessimistic.

Havana hated the word.

She was an extrovert, he was an introvert.

She was a chatter-box, he was…

“...”

“You remind me of one of those little puppies, you have the pleading little eyes–”

“Havana,”

Havana looked towards the group of girls awaiting their order and she had put ten dollars on the counter, sliding a five into her brother’s vest pocket.

“My brother is in such high demand,"

Her hand cupped the left side of her mouth, yelling over and gaining the attention of whoever was in the vicinity.

"He’s single, ladies!”

She was… an interesting sister to say the least, but at least Havana was never boring.

“I ammm… gonna take thissss,” She lifted the glass and took a few steps backwards, pausing her words to take a sip of the sweet, dangerous drink that she’d grown to love in the last few weeks.

The bartending was a really good moonlight. If you count school as a whole other job that is-- Havana does.

She definitely does.

“And go mingle a little. I wonder if Mrs. Russo still has those moves.”

Mrs. Russo?

Dance teacher.

Havana joined when she was eight and quit three weeks later, but she’ll never forget that one routine.

Hav’s shoulders shimmied over-dramatically and Zach had watched her antics emotionless, she turned around swaying to the very faint music that was playing near the bar, it was much softer, definitely an older tune they had turned on for the older attendees.

She already seemed drunk, but anyone who knew Hav, knew that this was simply just Hav.

There was nothing wrong with swaying to a little music by yourself.

“Say, Candy and Ronnie, have you seen them yet–” She sang to herself, quite loudly, but surprisingly enough she wasn’t gaining very many looks.
It wasn’t like she was a good singer, anyway.

A little off-tune and slightly strained, she didn’t stick in vocal lessons very long… lasted about four days, but hey, at least she tried.

Bennie and the Jets.

It was a song that was often played by her parents often, and her heart lurched, a twinge of sadness setting in, being reminded of that one fourth of July all those years ago.

Felt like yesterday, really.

“She’s got electric boots a mohair suit–”

She had to admit, she was a little shocked when she had heard her parents had decided to jump in the RV, a impromptu road trip felt so out of place for them, but Havana supposed it wasn’t.

They were an adventurous couple before they had kids.

She could never. Havana never wanted to feel stuck in one place.

As nice as home was, the brunette wasn’t planning on making this her forever.

She maneuvered around a few people with her glass high in the air, twirling to avoid someone else, “You know I read it in a magazineeeeeee–” The high note had caused her voice to crack slightly and her singing had came to an abrupt stop when she bumped into someone, half the glass spilling it’s contents and onto the floor.

Well… there goes that.

Her gaze trailed upwards to see a rather familiar man, he went for one of those broody, roguish styles that didn't really seem like he'd done it on purpose, but maybe he was a fashionista on the inside, who knows? It was a bit hot, so she didn't entirely understand why he decided to throw on jeans at the beach, but she isn't gonna judge. He was comfortable with what he was comfortable with.

She guesses, anyway.

He was the English teacher at Ivy Rose, she knows because after she had gotten the job, they'd introduced the new teachers to the old, had a whole meeting and everything. Havana's convinced they had only given her the opportunity to work there, simply because she went there.

“I wasn’t looking, totally my fault, uh–” Hav looked around, grabbing a napkin from the table placed conveniently super close to them.

Crazy how that stuff happens, it’s almost like someone’s playing god.

Wiping at her hands wasn’t really making a huge difference, because tequila and orange juice were equally sticky.

Should she introduce herself?

Obviously. It’d be rude not to.

“I’m Havana,” She said, switching her drink to the opposite hand and holding it out before realizing that… that’d be the sticky one, and the drink went from one hand to the other.

But now both hands were sticky and…

She withdrew her hand with a smile, not even bothering to offer another handshake.

“Mitch.” He finally spoke.

Wow, she honestly forgot how talkative he was.

“I know.”

“Because of the whole… welcoming thing.”
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Casper Deering | Artie Gardner | jazzyball jazzyball

Casper sat on the beach in her swimsuit, sketching mindlessly from what was right in front of her. The beach and the waves and the people and food, mostly. A wave of nerves still ran through her every time she wore her swimsuit and a part of her hoped it was similar for Aaron, a kind of phantom solidarity even if she’d shooed him away earlier. He really needed to learn how to give a girl her space.

Though she planned on catching up with some of her friends later on, for now she was content to draw, sinking deeper and deeper into the repetition and considerations of it.
She hadn’t been expecting company. But someone’s shoulder bumped into hers, undeniably company. She swayed with it, mouth twitching down as she looked at the misplaced stroke. A few options of repair ran through her mind and when she settled on the one with the most potential, her face shifted into a smile she turned onto the stranger.

Who was… very pretty. An appreciation passed over and through her as she took in the details of their face and hair. It took her a second to process their words, at which point her sketchbook had been taken.
She could be honest: A part of her died inside. But it would regrow. She chewed at her lip as she leaned in, watching their eyes take in the page for any hints of approval or distaste.
It was covered in attempts of stylization, calm waves drawn frenetically, recaptured in layers of pencil, toyed with to become something more unsettling and beaches simplified but attempting to still create visual interest. It wasn’t her preferred medium, a skill hard to translate from the paints and inks she preferred, but it was still her work, even if not her best or most focused. In a corner of the page, she’d drawn the the outline of the crowd around the fire, dark shapes brought to light by a fire behind. She’d sharpened features and stretched faces, leaving the fiction more unsettling than reality. Of everything on the page, she liked it the best.

Finally, she found it in herself to say, “Thanks.” It took a moment for further words to follow. “I’m Casper.” And now that she was really looking at them, she recognized them. A smile spread across her face. “You’re Artie, right?”

Jace West
party
good now < 3
shirt and swim shorts probs
interactions

Cash demonology demonology
There didn't seem to be something quite right with his friend, which honestly, Jace picking up on this was kind of a big deal. The blonde was known for being--

Well, correction, Jace was miserably unknown in every manner of the word. No one knew who he was, and he was beginning to fear that that's how it would be forever. But alas, there was no time to worry.

The idea of getting into mischief with Cash flustered him, however, and the worries that he'd felt for his friend fell away. A kind of blush reddened his cheeks, probably due to pure embarrassment, and not because he had some kind of unresolved feelings for the boy before him.

(His affections laid elsewhere, but shhh.)

"Mischief?" He echoed, a paleness lightening his features. "What kinda... what're you thinking?" Because yes, there was a fear that his friend was going to want to do something that bordered on illegal. And obviously, Jace hated anything of the sort.

"I... do you..." his thoughts had faded back to before. "Are you... okay? What's ahh... yeah, are you okay?"
coded by natasha.

Xander Gardner
the party WOOT WOOT
wooot
t-shirt and swim shorts
interactions

Aaron mikaluvkitties mikaluvkitties
Well, what did you know? It did pay to be nice -- because the guy was politely making small talk with him, which earned a huge grin from Xander. He'd gone so long without talking to anyone that Xander had kind of worried that he'd just blow it, but hey, clearly he hadn't lost his social touch.

"Xander," he introduced himself to Aaron with a beaming smile. He held a hand out to shake, his smile widening more for a moment before relaxing.

"Yeah, born and raised in Newcastle. Senior year now," he added proudly. "It's ahh... ya know, long as you know who to hangout with, you'll have plenty of fun."

It then occurred to him that perhaps this boy wasn't new, Xander was just assuming. He'd kind of forgotten that he'd been gone from the public school scene for a couple years.

"Are... you... new?"
coded by natasha.

Drake Martin
the party woooo
hype
swim trunks and a t-shirt
interactions

Jan jazzyball jazzyball Mercedes Soap Soap
Mer came outta nowhere like a... a... he didn't really know, but she was clearly mad that he'd tried to have fun without her. Hopping up to his feet, he made his way towards her, waving his hands about to try and calm her down.

"C'mon now, you're here now, we can still have some real fun." He said with a grin. "And she's right. The backpack's fine. Get ya phone out-- here." Drake started, snatching the phone outta Mer's grasp and turning on the camera. He turned it towards his and Mer's faces and pressed the record button, throwing an arm around his bottle blonde bestie's shoulders.

"Hiya. We're here to have the coolest, the biggest explosions known to man. It's real illegal, too, so that's fun!"

He then turned the camera towards the fireworks as they started explosion in the sky. There was a smug grin on his face as he heard the oohs and ahhs coming from the people at the party.

And then he saw the spark land on his backpack, and his smile turned to dread.

Drake shoved the phone back into Mer's hands and then hurried over, letting out a small string of curses as he tried to stomp out the glowing flame, 'cept it wasn't working and it singed the hairs on his bare leg, so he let out a tight-lipped, pained curse, right until Jan grabbed his arm and yanked him away, and then the three were hurrying away.

(Hand in hand, though, which was so cute.)

As they turned back, he watched in horror as the backpack exploded in fire, a couple of the fireworks fizzling out over the water, but thankfully none heading back towards the party.

Unfortunately, it lit up right where they were, and it didn't take long before he heard the familiar shouts of police officers telling them to put their hands in the air like they just didn't care.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Esther Deering | Petra Wolff | jazzyball jazzyball

Back home, Esther hadn’t really been the volunteering type. But it turned out that in a community that she actually liked, she was more than willing to get her hands dirty. Or… full, as the case may be. Like helping unpack fruit for some kind of salad bar shit?

Running into Petra wasn’t a surprise, but that didn’t mean it wasn’t welcome. She smiled easily at the other girl, maybe a bit too wide. “Yeah, I guess we’re gonna…” She lifted and lowered the watermelon, eyes following the motion with a considering gaze. “cube it.” It wasn’t often Esther got to help cook and cutting the shit out of something was even better, so yeah, she was ready to go on this shit.

Her gaze fell back to Petra, attention more focused than before, she leaned in, their height difference accentuated without her notice. “What’re you up to?” she asked, a hint of excited tease to her voice and more than a modest amount of genuine interest.

Aaron Deering | Xander Gardner | Winona Winona

His name was Xander and he was offering Aaron a hand to shake. Aaron stared at it. The polite thing to do would’ve been to shake it but at the moment the gross, sweaty flesh of a stranger touching his own gross, sweaty flesh was too much to bear. And he hadn’t asked for this conversation, so he lifted his gaze to once again meet Xander’s own, watching him with the same blandness he watched most things.

He nodded at the answer to a question other than the one Aaron had asked, taking a sip of lemonade in the awkward half-silence that followed, finishing it after his question came out.

And wasn’t that just a bitch of a question. “Relatively. I’ve been here long enough to be at the school, though. Not long enough for…” He looked around them with an unconcerned eye, gesturing his cup with the movement to capture everything around them, then continued once he was half looking at Xander again, “whatever this shit is.”

And then it occurred to Aaron that they were, in fact, in the same damned grade. And he hadn’t seen him around. Assuming lies was a paranoid move, but Aaron was, admittedly, a tad paranoid. “I’m a senior, too. Didn’t see you around last year.”

Livanna Moore
overlook
a little sleepy, a little tempted.
interactions

Jude
jazzyball jazzyball

"The poor maiden needs rescuing from this awful place, does she?" The blonde dropped to one knee, holding her own hand to her heart.

Liv snorted, watching her silly performance, one that she was quick to return.

“She does, I already feel faint.” Livanna said, her smile bright and her own accent thick as can be– it didn’t sound very genuine… or very good at all, but it’s the thought that counted.

It was easy enough to lift her spirits whenever she was around Jude. Something about the girl had always distracted her long enough, Liv had almost forgotten which thing had upset her in the first place.

Ever since rehab, the light that emanated from Liv was snuffed out.

Of course, not many people noticed, not many people knew her well enough.

Neither did Jude, or maybe especially Jude. They hadn’t been friends for a long time, but somehow…

"Fear not, my fair lady, for I shall rescue you!"

Despite everything, simply being around Jude was enough to light her up like the fireworks that were being set-off in the distance. “You’re so dumb,” Liv giggled, extending a hand to Jude who had promptly taken it.

"Come! To my trusty steed! We shall ride far away from this place!"

She dragged her away and provided a few places of interest. Which… neither of them seemed really interesting. Except maybe the playground, but they’d just wind up on the swings. That didn’t sound too bad, but Liv found herself saying;

“Let’s just aim for a drive, maybe we’ll find something along the way.”

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .​

She didn’t feel like listening to any music.

Maybe in fear that something of hers’ would’ve came on the radio and the last thing she wanted was to be disappointed by yet another person who had disliked her ‘new’ sound.

Jude wasn’t like that, Liv knew that. She wasn't a sugar coater either, but Liv was afraid she might be just to spare her feelings...

and honestly, Liv was just really tired of being lied to.

Who lied to her?

Well, that was the million dollar question.

Could’ve been her parents when they said they believed she was getting better, could’ve been Evie when she said she liked her outfit, could’ve been Ash when she said;

"I like it! It's really good, promise."

She just couldn't shake the feeling that no matter what she did, Liv was being treated like a broken toy.

The radio stood off and they rode in silence. It was more peaceful without the many party-goers, the music, and the heat from the fire that had felt so hot despite being so far away from it. She rolled down her window and put a hand out.

Liv always found that entertaining.

The whole ‘windsurfing’ thing she would do as a kid whenever she stuck her hand out the window. “I should probably text Evie,” She spoke aloud, mainly to herself.

If she was Evie, she wouldn’t want herself roaming around without knowing where she was, not that… Liv particularly cared a bunch to let Evie know her whereabouts all the time, it was just…

She didn’t really wanna be accused of anything.

Liv pulled her phone up and noticed it was like, severely on the brink of dying. She probably wouldn’t have been able to get a text out before the 1% gave up on her.

“Aw,” Liv opened the glovebox to Jude’s car, “Do you have a charger somewhere around–” The brunette rummaged around for barely a few seconds before a few things had fallen to the floor and Liv muttered a string of apologies.

“I’m sorry, sorry, sorr–”

And then the words died on her lips when she noticed what it was. Weed wasn’t anything serious to her, granted, Liv had strayed away from that too since it was looked down upon in AA.

Opioids were more her style, but…

Her gaze lingered a little too long on the small bag of white powder.

She’d done coke, like… a lot.

A lot to the point where she overdosed.

And at first, Liv felt a pit of guilt in her stomach from the memories associated with it, but within those few seconds, she felt a strong sense of–

Livanna had taken both bags, shoving them back into the glovebox and thinning her lips, looking everywhere but there.

She knew that Jude was still using, she’d never stopped, it was just…

It was her own fault for the secret temptation that sat in her chest, those few thoughts that threatened to leave her mouth and influence her actions.

In a desperate attempt to ease whatever tension that filled the air, Liv said the first thing that came to mind.

“Did you know that spider monkeys don’t have thumbs?”

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .​

The cold slushie was a brilliant dose to serotonin to her taste-buds and the momentary brain-freeze had saved Liv from thinking about anything other than the extreme pain. “Owwwww,” the brunette pinched her nose and waited for it to pass.

The pair had laid on the roof of the car, looking at the stars, their faces illuminated by the moonlight and the many lights that were upon the overlook.

It’d been Jude’s idea to come here and Liv was all for it.

“Okay, let’s do confessions. Not like, the jesus-confession stuff, but the stuff where you– you know what I mean.”

In case she didn’t, Liv thought it was a great idea to go first.

“I think it’s dumb you hate pineapples on pizza.” Her mouth struggled to find the straw, because– she was laying down obviously, but the mission was accomplished and Liv was distracted with her sugary-goodness and good company.

For now.
coded by natasha.

Tate Shepard
an alley somewhere why do you care?
adrenaline high
something gay idk
interactions

Jade jasmyn jasmyn
The sky was lit up with the sparkling chaos that was fireworks. Tate’s neck was craned up to watch as the stray sparks sizzled out right above them. It was a smokey haze where they had set up right behind some dumpsters near where the parade had taken place earlier that day. There were still people milling about, food stands set up on the perimeter, waiting for the official firework show to start. As the last firework they had shot off faded from the sky, Tate turned to look at her current partner in crime. Jade Jennings was a year older than her and possibly a little crazier. She worked with Tate’s aunt so it was only natural that they would end up finding a sort of camaraderie with each other, as they both had similar tastes in fun. Aunt Eva liked her well enough, Tate thought it was probably because she reminded Eva of herself when she was their age. Not that she had ever told Tate as much, Eva had this weird block up when it came to her past and maybe it was because it was so wrapped up with Tate’s dad’s and Eva still found it hard to talk about him. Sometimes Tate found herself wondering if she should be feeling the same way but everytime she looked at the urn Eva kept on their TV stand, all she felt was dull stinging. Another firework crackled and boomed above their heads. Tate laughed, full and loud, her previous thoughts forgotten.

“Where the fuck did you get those? They’re loud as shit.” Tate questioned her friend excitedly, crouching down to light up another. The lighter in her hand flicked on with practiced ease and she jumped away as the rocket shook and rumbled before its first and final voyage began. It was one of those ones that popped and then made fizzy noises as its sparks trailed down to the ground. It hadn’t gone quite high enough though, and a spark landed on the pavement right next to Tate’s foot. She jumped to the side, stomping her shoe on the group to put it out like a spent cigarette. The sound of footsteps quickly approaching them caused Tate to whirl around just in time to spot the flashing of badges and beams of flashlights. Cops. Awesome.

“Shit, go, go, go.” Tate collided into Jade, pushing the other girl out in front of her. Sneaker clad feet skidding, rubber against asphalt, as they took off. Behind them Tate could hear the two officers take off too, their flashlight beams skittering wildly in the dark. Somewhere above them, the city's firework show started. Booms and pops were the soundtrack to their escape as the two of them ran, hopping over a fence at the edge of the park. The sounds of the police shouting and running faded to the background as she and Jade made a good distance. Tate grinned, turning to run backwards and watch the two men fade into specks.

“Too slow, oink oink boys!” She turned around right just in time to notice they’d found their way into the downtown streets, an alley behind some department stores cropping up to their right. Tate grabbed Jade by the elbow, steering them into the dark. Breath held, she listened as their pursuers ran right past them. She breathed again the hint of a laugh still on her tongue.

“They suck. Idiots.” Tate leaned against the brick of the walls climbing up either side of them, “They really gotta hire some faster guys, maybe they’ve been eating too many donuts.” Eva would have had her head if she’d gotten caught. Tate thought she was more afraid of that woman than she was of the police. Maybe it was because Eva was allowed to throw things at her, or that “I’m not angry I’m disappointed” face she made every time Tate did anything remotely bad.

“You’re going to ruin any chance you have of getting recruited, Tate. You’ve worked too hard to waste it all getting in trouble with my damn employee.”

Sometimes it was like Tate could hear Eva Shepard wherever she went. That was scary. She was like a ghost…or a psychic with telepathic abilities. Tate shook her head, dislodging her aunt’s warnings as she did. No, outta my head freaky woman.

“I think that’s probably a record escape time.” Tate grinned at Jade, "We should probably go see what's happening at the beach huh?"
coded by natasha.

Jared D.
mood
Small world

outfit
The Drip

Mentions
Val, Maggie, Ash

tags
Winona Winona

A bit of light hearted banter to start off the night was apparently just what the doctor ordered. Seeing her relaxed stature made him mimic the gesture himself. "Oh really? And who would you think would be better suited?" He hummed taking a glance around himself for a moment before his eyes landed back on her, "Trust me the picking is slim." giving her an all too knowing look.

What could you expect from a small town like this outside of LA. There weren't really any big characters, just different flavored stereotypes and tropes. Even them? The rich and wealth running the show was like out of a boring novella his mother would watch or read about from time to time. Seeing his mother get so invested in her telenovela's was the few times she looked...normal.

Her immediate jerk response to his joke about his sister told him everything he needed to know about her. Ahhh so there was still hope for the girl.

Anyone who could see that Maggie was not the right sort of crowd still had some brain cells left. Even if she immediately fumbled and started apologizing. Then again she was still his sister so people of course would tread lightly when it came to talking about her.

Truth be told he didn't like it when strangers spoke about her because in a way they were speaking down on his family name and he couldn't have that. However he was more more lenient with people who ACTUALLY knew them. People who were close to them and knew how Maggie was? he didn't care much because they were speaking the truth. The only time he would intervein was if they were lying about her. Maggie does enough ridiculous and embarrassing things already without people adding imaginary bullshit.

"Don't apologize you're fine. She is...a lot...to say the least." He simply shrugged and waved off. No need in dampening the mood.

He started walking in the direction of the bar once more, and motioned for her to follow, "Seems like I've gotta play a bit of catch up." He winked playfully at her cup

He wasn't sure why he was surprised by her question, but he was for the first time in a while thrown off guard a bit. "Who 's fun?" He blinked stumped for a moment. He was a bit stuck for a moment because honestly he tried to spend as little time as possible in this town. Truth be told he had no idea. He imagine she was looking for people wilder then himself and the few people he was close to, but less then Maggie and her gang of hooligans.

"You're still in school right? The boy is the one who graduated?" He asked trying to make sure his facts were straight. Hey if he was going to point her in the direction of subtle trouble it didn't need to be anyone catching a case ok.

"I think I can only tell you who Magnolia likes to be around so the do not's. A girl named Mick something...Magnolia calls her Micky D or whatever. Two of her favorites are Jade and Raven. Always seeing on twitter about some Duck guy, but I think his name is Drake?" he shrugged because he knew faced better then names. He only paid attention to who Maggie was around because he had to.

Once they made their way to the bar a quick name drop and he was immediately served no questions ask, no ID needed. He turned towards Ash, "Need a re-fill?" Technically Val had just said Evie still had to pay, and it's also not like he couldn't just cover her himself.

While waiting he started back on his original point now that he'd had time to think. "I think I've heard Val talking about some girl named Mercedes before, so she might be your level of fun. I think I've heard of a girl named Elena brought up too. Tho that I think was something about jewelry? Evie has a little bother in school named Ed or something. Just be on the lookout for the last name Sinclaire. I've never spoken to him, but hey. Cheers to new friends right?" He grinned casually leaning against the bar.

He'd much rather steer her in the direction of his own friends connections because let's fact it they'd be the better company. Also tho it'd give him the chance to keep an eye out and see what kinda girl Ash really is, and just how useful her connection can be.

"That's all I've got sadly. I don't tend to stick around here too much." With that he grabbed his drink and took a sip. Nothing sooths the soul like a whiskey and coke. Classic.

coded by reveriee.

Last edited:
Mercedes Camus
lover boy

police station
i told you the bag was--
interactions
Drake & Jan Winona Winona jazzyball jazzyball

Princess?

Who in the holy-hell was this wanna-be that was trying to steal her best friend, avoid her polite offer of a lighter, and ignore her obviously great warning. Mercedes crossed her arms and began to stare daggers at the back of her head when Drake had suddenly pulled out his phone, already recording and Mer forced a smile for the camera.

It was a good vlog.

Fourth of July and stuff.

The first firework lit perfectly fine, and then… it sparked… and the bag had caught on fire, just as Mercedes expected but of course, nobody listens to Mer. Not CK, not Donna, not her parents– not Drake and certainly not this… best friend stealing bitch--

the camera was thrown to her and she had tried her best to film whatever disaster that was occurring, but she was kind of panicking.

Mercedes' jaw dropped in shock at the display and soon enough she was being ushered away by Drake and the blonde/not blonde.

“Are you literally kidd–”

A flashlight had blinded her momentarily and she blinked, letting go of Drake’s hand to cover her eyes.

"Put your hands up."

“Oh f–”

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

Mercedes sat in the middle of the police car, silence filled the vehicle while slight rattles came from the blonde as she attempted to sink further into the chair, she sat between Drake and the new stupid... whatever she was. Drake's new friend.

She was a little squirmy when she was nervous, so Mer attempted to get comfortable until one of her criminal companions had 'politely' asked her to stop. This was her first time in handcuffs. Well, she’d been restrained before but that was with zip ties and it was because she stole a pair of sunglasses. This was entirely different. Mercedes has never been in the back of a police car.

She… was kinda scared shitless and because of that–

“... I told you the bag was too close.”

Mercedes was taking every opportunity for an ‘I told you so.’

Because none of this would’ve happened if they would’ve just listened to her– okay, odds were it totally would’ve happened because it was a really bad idea to trust someone else but herself and Drake to light the fireworks.

It was the new girl’s fault.

Entirely.

Shut up.

“My–”

Parents? Brother? Oh-my-god, Mercedes life was o-v-e-r- over.

“I’m dead, I’m dead.”

She could already hear him scolding her right now, but forget about him, what were her parents going to do? After the whole shoplifting thing, they took away her car.

Her freaking car.

What's next? Her phone?

She should’ve known better. She can’t function without her phone! What if they ban Drake? Let’s be honest, her parents tried forbidding her to see Drake for like, 5ever.

They still sorta think she doesn’t hang out with him.

Ha.

Jokes on the–

Not the time! It’s not the time to be witty. Mercedes was a goner.

They were escorted out of the car and were talked to one by one, information was extracted or whatever and at first Mer totally had tried to be all slick and cool with it, but they had found her stupid school ID anyway and placed the three kids in a holding cell.

“We’ll have to call your–”

“My parents are out of town! Ha… uh…” Mer glanced at Drake and towards Jan, shrugging all nonchalantly...

“Uh, our parents. It’s like… this business thing. You wouldn’t really get it…”

That'd work perfectly! If their parents were out of town, then the police would have to let them go... right? Listen, she's never been arrested before, she doesn't know how this works.

“We’ll have to call somebody for each of you, a parent or guardian.”

Mercedes sat up a little straighter at that, because she totally could not risk her parents picking her up from the police station. They’d use that against her for like, ever. This is almost worse than Donna and there is no freaking way that she’s being sent-off too.

Know which battles or pick or whatever, right?

“Uh, my brother. I have an older brother. He can… come.”

Oh, she was so fucked.

.·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙ ✩ *̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ .

The girl and Drake had given the police their siblings' information and the three were sitting in silence. Mercedes snuck glances over at the girl and away. Mer was pissed, like, super-pissed. But she was also scared, like, really fucking scared of the punishment that was coming her way.

Because no matter what CK said, there was no way something like this could stay a secret for long. If they tried and this came out anyway? It'd be both of their asses on the line and while CK is a raging asshole sometimes...

She sorta doesn't want another brother to be sent off.

That really sucked.

"I don't even know your name and you managed to get both of us thrown in jail. Good job." She wasn't really... angry at her. Even though she was blatantly blaming her-- Mer was sort of using this as an excuse to get her emotions out.

"Sorry."

"But if you had both just listened, we wouldn't be in this situation."
coded by natasha.

• filler

Kira was tired of games. She loved to win—and she always did—but there was no shaking the feeling of being the town's designated colossal loser. No degree, job, or personal accomplishment could change that. And so, as per usual, she buried herself into her work with the one-track mind that brought her this far without stopping.

Unfortunately, tonight would present another game: dodge everyone from high school (e.g. those who knew the old Kira). Though she'd been back in town at the local four-year for just over a year, it had been a piece of cake avoiding anyone capable of dredging up old memories. Memories of high school popularity (whatever that meant), memories of old flames and friends... anything that stood for that easier, happier period of life. She wanted nothing to do with any of that.

The only thing Kira could take comfort in was the fact that Remy, the ex-husband, was still far away in Wisconsin, the Swiss cheese-brained dingbat. The painful experience of reconnecting with old hometown characters paled in comparison to confronting him for the first time in a year. What could she possibly say to the man who stole years of her life chasing selfish pipe dreams? But really, it's hard to say who dragged who along for that turbulent ride.

And so, while Kira's excuse was that the bonfire would be a minor press opportunity given the disasters known to follow Newcastle events, she and Raven both agreed that the aspiring reporter was due for some fresh air. As in, far away from spaghetti and box rosé and closer to short skirts and red-white-blue cocktails.

"Dammit. Dammit. Dammit. Dammit," the brunette muttered under her breath, taking in shallow breaths in the driver's seat of her car. Even from the vantage point of the nearest parking lot to the beach, it was clear that the event was packed. Easier to hide in, but even more of a chance to stumble on unfriendly faces. As far as they knew, she was still the girl who got married young, then up and left. Some naïve, stuck-up bitch she was, right? No thanks to the arrogant speeches Remy used to give about fame and fortune around high school graduation.

With one last deep breath, she swung open the door of her car, shoving all anxious thoughts out of her mind. Her motions melded into those of a robot: step out, close the door, turn 45 degrees... don't have a fucking meltdown next to a minivan full of fourteen year-olds. It was all methodical. The only alternative was madness and for now, she was only at the brink.

One nice thing about autopilot was that Kira's motions often took a page from her formerly-confident self, raising her head up high and transforming her stride into an unwavering stalk. People of all ages were milling about, most with a drink of some form in their hands. It was like a house party if it looked like an outdoor barbecue. Her flats kicked up dust as she made her way down the hill and closer to the action, which meant toward the orange glow of the fire.

Oh, who was she kidding? Kira's path took her straight toward the nearest bar, thank god for that. If she started chugging something now, she could probably regain her faculties by the time the crowd dissipated. If not, she was no stranger to sobering up in her car, miserably contemplating to no satisfying end. Though this close to the public, it wasn't unheard of to gain a DUI charge even in a parked car. If it was one thing she gained from legal studies, it was that tidbit of knowledge.

The bar looked less impressive up close, much like everything else in this town. "Hi," she breathed hesitantly, keeping her eyes trained on the ground as she made for a little wooden stool against the bar table. It probably wasn't made for an extended stay like Kira planned, but a woman as easily-spooked as her needed the safe place. Finally, she looked up with a smile at the bartender, her facial features seemingly hung by puppet strings. Her eyes were hollow like one, too.

And then, near-immediately, they widened into big, brown moons. This bartender had a tragically familiar face. "Oh, um..." Old habit, pretending to forget names. In some way, she surmised it was a defense mechanism, one that she couldn't always help. "Zach. Hey!" She forced her smile wider, her unsteady voice rising in pitch.

"Hey... it's been a while. How have you been?" She looked him up and down, head to torso. He looked clean. Still quiet as a mouse and with the presence of one, as it seemed. To this day, she still regretted being such a bitch to soft guys like him. It was never big things, but as a group of toxic little teenagers, they knew what they were doing. If it wasn't for her friendship with Hav, well...

"You haven't forgotten me yet, have you?" She faked laughter, partially because she didn't deserve to be remembered. She didn't want to be, as embarrassing as she was, looking back. "It's been so long since high school. I hope Hav's doing good, whatever she's doing." Seriously, she did. But her hope was better utilized elsewhere; Havana Lombardi was one wild character, but she was one of those people who could spin diamonds out of dust if it came down to it.

Kira kept her head low, as much as she could without slamming her head onto the counter. A heart as weak as hers could only handle one awkward encounter at a given time, which is even more absurd when accounting for the fact that she interviews all sorts of crackheads on the daily. And weirdly enough, she's good at it. Demanding, but only in the pursuit of knowledge. Not small talk.

It was probably about time to order a drink, if only to keep the conversation light. "So, Zachy, what've you got?" She peered over the bar counter, hoping to sneak a glance at whatever was stored under. If she was going to look a fool, might as well do it drunk on the good shit. "How about a cosmo? Extra shot of vodka, if you could."

Kira Gauthier

zach

♡coded by uxie♡

Logan Cruz
party
exhausted
baby spit stained clothes
interactions

Dex hery hery
There was a certain disappointment to her gaze when her brother admitted to their dad not asking about her. She tried to say to herself that she didn't care, that this didn't bother her. That she could be the bigger person and she didn't need him.

She had a kid, and being accepting in her decision to bring another life into this world should've been enough for her.

That's what she told herself, but Logan knew she was lying to herself. Growing up with only the one parent had created a young adult that was still desperately trying to get his attention and approval. Something that you would think she'd accept as impossible at this point in her life.

And then Dex suggested the worst possible thing, and Logan's eyes widened in a mixture of fear and shock -- the latter emotion only lasting for a moment before she remembered that yes, her brother was just this good-hearted and idiotic. This suggestion wasn't something out of the ordinary for the teddy bear of a boy.

"Dex, are you kidding me?" She asked, and a hand reached out to touch his arm and stop him from walking away with her bastard child. "He's gonna... he doesn't want to see us, and I don't want him to see us. Or Axel."

There was a determination in her voice, although she didn't reach out to take her child back and make her point. She was really too tired to argue this in any aspect.
coded by natasha.

Antonio
mood
Cloud 9

outfit
black cargo shorts and a dark green opened up button up Tee

Mentions
Jake, Liv, Nate, Mike

tags
hAsh hAsh

Antonio didn't typically do parties. Kick-backs sure? Those were usually small with a chill vibe, but large crowds always gave him anxiety. He never quite understood wwhy or where it came from. Probably some childhood trauma he refuses to deal with or even acknowledge is a thing. Oh well.

However he decided to make an exception for this because it was on the beach which is a vastly more open space to spread out on. Not to mention it was his 3rd favorite place to be in town period. 1st being his room and 2nd being rooftops. Look the guy likes his privacy. If he wanted to be the center of attention he was more then capable of doing that. He's one plane ride or even just one well placed tweet from that, so nope.

Like much of his bum like aura this is 100% by choice.

The beach felt like an outdoor safe haven because it simply reminded him of better days. The bits and pieces of his childhood that actually were good. The days he had the illusion of a full happy family.

Was he going to spend any time with said family at this event? Hell no. He was off to get higher then cloud 9 if he could with his buddy Jackson. He might even say hey to his roommies if they show up. They hadn't really talked about all going or anything. Tho to be fair they didn't talk a whole lot in general. Not that he didn't like them. He liked them more then most people in fact. It just wasn't in their personalities.

Anyways he had no real plan or expectation which was kind of just how he rolled through life now in general now. He made his way by walking. He could've skateboarded, or rode his bike, but it was nice out and he wanted to enjoy it.

Along the way he checked twitter which was a rarity for him. He tried not to get all mixed up in social media drama, but Nate said something about a roommate and it pecked his interest. to bad he realized a little too late he was clearly bluffing. And while he tried to fix it...didn't work much. Though some cute girl was apparently flirting with him. That was new. Chicks typically hit on Nate or Mike rather then him.

It didn't bother him the two guys were really good looking and had cars and stuff. So even in his mind they were the better choice. He hated disappointing people even though that's all he's done for like 10 years now it feels. Last thing he wants is to add this girl to that list.

Just as he arrived he got Jack's text and chuckled a bit under his breath, 'I'm just getting here. Give me a sec speedy.'

He pocketed the phone and it didn't take long to find him, "Ey man!" He grinned, "You won't believe what just happened annnnnd I am gonna need a favor mi amigo." He laughed scratching the back of his head.
coded by reveriee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back