• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Newcastle (Open!!)

Characters
Here
Mercedes Camus
In my room

ck's car —> home
...sick
interactions

CK ditto ditto

Mercedes started to feel hot— heat flashes began to come over her and despite her tears that only now dried, she turned the air-vent towards her. Cold air relieving some of the discomfort that started to set in.

“Fine, fuck it, fine,”

“… what?” She said, looking over at him as they pulled up to the gate.

“It was a fucking accident.”

He…

He was backing her up?

Mercedes wasn’t sure how it happened— maybe it was the older brother role, but her relationship with Donna and the relationship she had with CK were two very different dynamics.

Donna was the laid-back, cool brother— Mercedes was able to get away with anything or come up with the worst of the plans with him.

And Chelsea…

Well, Chelsea was the scary, hard-ass, difficult brother that needed a little more convincing to do her bidding.

But no matter how nerve-racking, problematic, or uptight he was…

He always protected her.

When Donna got sent away, a lot of her trust diminished in her family and her relationships suffered for it— obviously her actions were a heavy hit to that, too…

Chelsea was the only one she trusted anymore.

“That’s the story — it was a fucking accident.”

Mercedes didn’t say anything, she just nodded eagerly as some of the fear in her chest subsided knowing that CK was on her side meant that her parents’ punishment wouldn’t be as harsh.

If Mercedes has said it was an ‘accident’ somehow or some way it must’ve been her fault.

But if Chelsea had… her parents would agree but firm enough to make sure anymore accidents like this one didn’t happen again.

“Just…make sure no more fucking ‘accidents’ happen, Mer.”

No more accidents.

She could do that.

That mixture of guilt and fear slowly made its way back to her stomach.

While Mercedes was relieved… that feeling didn’t leave, it only worsened when the humidity of the California air hit her as she stepped out of the car.

Chelsea walked towards the front door and Mercedes didn’t move— she was practically frozen because she knew if she took one step, or focused on anything else but not—

The contents of her stomach, which was mainly alcohol, was now on the stone tiles outside, thankfully she’d gotten out of the car before she threw up.

“… I think I’m sick.”

Naturally, that translated to…

It was an accident.
coded by natasha.

Magnolia D.
mood
Time to have a good time~

outfit
Carnival ready

Mentions
Spencer, JJ, Jade

tags
Xed Xed

Maggie honestly didn't mind the fact that he was late because she didn't notice he was late. Had he said nothing at all she'd become so absorbed in her phone she'd have thought he showed up a minuet after she'd sent the text. Twitter was a glorious distraction for better or for worse...usually both. God she needed to get over her ex stop hearing about her friends sexcapades already. She adored Jade but first the 4th and now today. She could use the step back mentally. Not that she'd ever admit it to her. Why? Maggie wasn't quite sure. Perhaps it was pride, perhaps it was to save face, keep up the image. Whatever it was it was annoying and she would like it to fade into oblivion any day now.

Oddly enough? JJ helped take her mind off things even if just briefly to mess with her. Despite bringing it to her attention once again, the rest of their conversation made her giggle a bit. Their friendship was a weird one for sure. One that not even Maggie could put her finger one.

She liked to joke around and say it was because JJ secretly loved her, and while she does believe that clearly JJ doesn't hate her like she sometimes says...she's not sure what it is that keeps JJ around her. She'd say she has a crush if JJ wasn't so adamant about being straight. she'd blame their family ties but there were plenty of "family friends" in their circle that only bothered to stand Maggie if they were in their parents presence and nothing more. But JJ was different. Maggie liked different.

She looked up just in time to see Spencer approach causing a bright smile to finally grow on her face. "It's ok." She hummed waving it off with her hand nonchalantly because honestly she didn't think much of it. Being late didn't bother her like it might some people since she's fashionably late to quite a few things often. "Thanks for coming!" It's not like he ditched her without a word. "Oh you're right!" She quickly turned on her toes pocketing her phone to walk inside with him. She was done with social media today. Or at least until the day was over. She wanted a break and here was her friend Spencer willing to provide, so of course he deserved her full attention.

Maggie couldn't remember the last time she'd been to an amusement park. She was sure she as with friends because she'd only come with family like once when she was super little and she was sure that was more of a photo op then a vacation.

She followed in step with him towards the ride in question, "Well I'm down for trying that one first" pointing to the first one he mentioned, "Before it get's crowded, then the water one after to cool off you know?" She giggled. She peered at the map scanning all their options, "We definitely have to ride these too!" She pointed at the bumper cars excitedly. "Do you have any favorite rides? Because we need to add those in too if you do!" She was getting pumped looking at all the things they could do.

She looked up at him upon hearing the compliment, "Thanks! You do too. It's a vibe even though you are definitely gonna get hot in those black pants." She laughed playfully nudging his side. She'd dressed pretty casually, but it was still nice to hear. Comments and likes on social media are one thing and nice, but in person just warms the heart.
coded by reveriee.

Nathan Woods
gas station
clothes
interactions

Mike ditto ditto
Having a huge ego had never really been an issue when it came to Nathan Woods, and it was even less of an issue when he was around his best friend. And people wondered why he'd ever go as far as to lie and say Michael was his girlfriend, Michelle, and then use apps to change his face to look more feminine. Why wouldn't he? Mike supported him like no one else.

There was some calmness in him as Mike spoke, although Mike's words really didn't do much to calm him in the long run. They just... kind of reminded him that he didn't know what was happening. All the questions he asked? Nate didn't have an answer to, and he could feel himself sort of starting to shut down at it. What did it mean for them? Did it mean that the last couple months of being separated were to be forgotten? Were they back together? Or... or, well...

Was it nothing but a blip? A mistake where he was expected to return back to how life had been before.

One word did snag Nate's attention, and he sat in silence, the rest of Mike's words more or less washing over him but not sticking as he held onto the single sentence that had been so haphazardly strung in there, as if it were nothing.

"You have a kid?" Nate echoed. Blink blink.

"And you didn't tell me?"

What a breach of trust. Not telling you closest bro that you'd fathered something.
coded by natasha.

Dominicka Abrams
thoughts

her house
gramma murderplot anyone?
clothes
jj (mentions: bj) | Soap Soap
What was there to say about Constance Jameson that wasn’t a long stream of cursing that had already been said before?

The ancient woman, who had been a walking mummy ever since Nickie first saw her, was the kind of generic old that made it hard to tell whether she was in her 70s, 80s, 90s, 100s, or 1000s. Rumor had it — and by “rumor”, Nickie meant, like, “literally the senile bitch said it herself so who knew whether it was true or not” — that she had once been a renowned beauty queen who, like, placed in local, state, and national competitions, but now, she kind of just looked like a deflated ballon with weird places that bulged from botox injections, fillers, and other various plastic surgeries that she “didn’t get” because it was “natural Jameson youth”.

Nickie knew that her mother was far from excited to have her grandmother here with them — and by with them, yes, Nickie meant with them, in her parents’ bedroom, meaning that her dad had to sleep on the living room floor in a sleeping bag because the old hag had insisted upon staying here rather than staying with, you know, the people with money and space and not four fucking kids. Her mother said that, like, Constance was “sweeter on” Nickie, which Nickie guessed was true; after all, she said her insults to her in a sweet tone, at least, which was more than Nickie could say about her words toward JJ. Nickie’d heard that, growing up, Constance was always somewhat partial to her mom, even if the old woman was still a total bitch. Her mom said that, like, Constance was always the one with the shotgun threatening her boyfriends. “She said they weren’t good enough for me. She never approved of any of them,” her mom had told her once, “ever.”

Maybe that was why Constance hated Nickie’s dad so much.

Speaking of…

In response to Constance’s dig at him (which Nickie had already forgotten), David Abrams gripped his fork tightly, smiling tightly and aggressively stabbing his steak in such away that prompted a glare of warning from his wife, and Nickie breathed out a soft sigh.

Uncle Jonah spoke up from the end of the table. “Juliette.” After a moment passed without a response from JJ, he repeated, “Juliette?”

Nickie looked over at her cousin, who was too preoccupied pushing the vegetables around her plate to be paying attention. With a quiet sigh, Nickie kicked her softly beneath the table.

“What?” JJ mouthed.

Nickie nodded at her uncle.

“Why don’t you tell your grandmother about the school you’re going to next year?” said Jonah.

Good luck, JJ, Nickie thought sympathetically, glancing at her grandmother to watch her responses.

“Um, Briarwood Academy,” JJ said. “It's this really prestigious place. Like 40 percent or something who apply get in? The best of the best are accepted.”

Constance opened her mouth to speak, and Nickie preemptively tensed. “Then how did you get in?”

There was scattered laughter at the adult’s table at the lame joke, which garnered a glance from the small kid’s table, at which Nickie’s three younger brothers were seated; Nelson, Henry, and Neil all quickly turned their attention back to eating their food.

Nickie felt her phone buzz against her hip. Glancing around to see whether or not anyone was watching her, she slipped her phone out of her pocket and into her lap to check it.

It was a message from JJ.

Can she die already?

Nickie cracked a small smile. Looking around once more to make sure nobody was watching her, she typed out a couple of texts back.

that would be a fkn miracle
& i think dads one dig away from being a miracle worker lol

Nickie only looked back up when JJ started talking again.

“It’s a school for like, arts and stuff. I submitted choreography they liked,” JJ said.

Jonah spoke again, “Maybe you can show us the video after —”

“No,” JJ said.

“No?” Constance repeated.

“You wouldn’t really understand it,” JJ said. “It’s a mixture of contemporary and ballet — it’s not for frail minds.”

JJ’s mother cut in sharply. “Juliette.”

“I didn’t mean anything by it,” JJ said. “I just know ballet isn’t your thing.”

Constance looked disappointedly at JJ’s father, only responding with, “Mm.”

A brief silence fell over the table, and then the grandmother’s eyes turned to none other than Nickie herself. “Dominicka,” said Constance, her voice suddenly oozing with sweetness.

Kill me, Nickie thought. “Mm?” she said.

“I heard you came out with a new record,” Constance said, and it took a moment for it to register with Nickie that she was talking about her album release.

“Um…,” Nickie started. New as in a year and a fucking half ago, Gramma?

She guessed that was kind of new when you got to be as geriatric as Constance.

Nickie nodded. “Yeah, I did.”

“Oh, I know,” Constance said, smiling sweetly, her thin, lipstick-ed lips stretching out almost horrifically. “I had Abbey play me one of your songs. You’ve got such a pretty voice.”

Nickie smiled slightly. “Thanks, Gra —“

“Now only if you’d cheer up some,” Constance continued. There was the fucking catch. “Songs about…boys and…laying in bed depressed all day…pah, makes you sound shallow!” The old lady chuckled, and people around the table laughed various intensities of forced laughs. “I know you’re not shallow.”

“I’m not,” Nickie agreed.

“See, I knew,” Constance said, lifting her cup of water to take a sip. “You’re pretty, but not pretty enough that you’d be shallow.”

Nickie’s brows pulled together as Constance laughed at her own awful “joke”, and she held back an offended expression; beneath the table, without looking, she typed out a text to JJ.

she never fkn shuts up??? like ever??? literally why has no one boxed this womans jaw yet???

“Oh,” Constance said, and Nickie tuned back in, looking at the older woman, “but what about that Jesson?”

Nickie’s heart dropped.

Oh holy fucking shitballs. Who fucking told Constance about that guy?

“Um…” Play it fucking dumb. Nickie folded her hands in her lap. “J-Jesson?”

“Oh, you know, that Jesson, your boy,” Constance said, licking her lips. “Justin Jesson. You had just started dating when Abigail came to visit me last, and she told me all about how crazy you were about him.” Nickie suppressed a grimace, her heart giving a painful ache. “Have you two —“

“Mom,” Abbey cut in, glancing at Nickie as if to check whether or not she was okay before looking back at Constance.

“What?” Constance asked, visibly offended. “I can’t ask my own granddaughter about her suitor? She’s my —“

“We, uh,” Nickie started, unable to take lingering on this topic any longer, “broke up, Gramma.” A long fucking time ago. I guess Mom only tells you just enough to make me look and feel like shit.

“Oh,” Constance said. She paused a moment, then shook her head disapprovingly. “Well, why ever would he do such a thing? Break up with such a sweet girl as you? He must’ve been ugly.”

Mom,” Abigail said, giving her mother an unamused look.

Constance didn’t stop. “He surely —“

“Oh, wow,” her father began, speaking in a loud, exaggerated voice that was evidently supposed to aid in the most obvious attempt at a change in subject, “these mashed potatoes are to die for, Misses Jameson.“

Constance eyes turned coldly to Nickie’s father. Looking at him as though he were an idiot, she said curtly, “They’re from potato flakes.”

David forced a tight smile. “Yeah, well, they’re good.”

“Hmph,” Constance said, and then she chuckled preemptively at her own joke before saying, “I suppose your culinary palate right in-line with your other levels of taste.”

• • • • •​

The meal went and the dessert came, and somehow or other, the topic of conversation became memories of JJ’s dad and Nickie’s mom being kids.

Total fucking yawnfest, if you asked Nickie.

Her phone buzzed again, and she looked down to see more texts from her cousin.

This conversation sucks.
Dessert is the end of this, right? We’re not forced to do weird board games like we did five years ago??
Like, I’d still win and stuff? But you’re so bad at monopoly it’s literally just torture for you.

Nickie’s responses came quickly.

first off fuck u im literally the best at monopoly. u literally cheated last time??? and i had to play on a team with fkn nelson and henry so i was at the fkn disadvantage anyway??? monopoly isnt a fkn team game??? so like???
second off idk. if its not board games gramma will have another way to make us suffer
the fbi should hire her as a fkn interrogator. no one would survive even 5 minutes with her torture. its literally worse than fkn waterboarding

When Nickie looked up, she could immediately tell that something was off. The air felt tense, the brief silence between each half-yelled word that left Jonah’s mouth heavy. Even the kid’s table had gone quiet, looking with stunned, confused silence at the events unfolding at the big table; even Constance seemed desperate for this conversation to end.

“Abigail, I don’t see what the big deal is?” Jonah said. “I loaned you over five-hundred thousand. All I’m asking is when you’re able to pay that back. I think that’s a completely normal quest —”

“Jonah, enough,” Constance said, looking between her children sternly, almost desperately.

JJ met Nickie’s gaze and mouthed, “What's happening?”

Nickie, heart thudding in her chest and mouth dry, shrugged, turning her attention back to the yelling adults.

I’m not supposed to be hearing this, she thought, feeling sick to her stomach.

“No, Mom, it’s okay — it’s seriously fine!” Abbey’s voice dripped with cutting, sarcastic sugar, an obviously forced smile on her face as she shook her head. “Jonah can’t get his head out of his you-know-what for long enough to have a nice freaking family dinner, and that’s perfectly okay!” She forced a laugh; everyone stared at her in stunned silence. “You know, there’s nothing wrong with a little self-absorption and family extortion at the dinner table to bring us all together, that’s what I always say!”

“Abbey,“ tried David, reaching out for Abbey’s hand.

“David, not now,” Abbey said, shaking her head at her husband and pulling her hand away to hold up a finger toward Jonah. “You know —“

As her mother’s voice rose in volume and intensity, Nickie couldn’t help but feel helpless. Tears came into her eyes, and she began to struggle to breathe. Shit, no. Silently, not even making eye contact with JJ, she slid away from the table and walked out of the dining room.

Her chest heaved as she tried her best not to hyperventilate, and her feet carried her to her dad’s office downstairs. When she got inside the open door, she immediately collapsed into the chair at the desk.

She held her head in her hands and tried not to cry, softly whispering to herself, “What the actual fuck?
coded by natasha.

Drake Martin
car
hehehehe
clothes
interactions

Castor HolliSter HolliSter
Drake was clean.

Well he had been clean. Up until a couple of hours ago, when he'd been offered a little bit of drugs, and he'd hit up his ol' buddy Castor. Yeah, they went way back to ahh... well, not really all that far, actually. But hey, he'd been down for a fun time, and Drake was in desperate need of a good time. So who was he to say no to Cas or somethin'? There was an ol' lopsided grin on his face as he glanced over at the dude, letting out a chuckle at his question.

"Ah, don't worry 'bout it," he said with a dismissive wave of his hand. He settled back into his seat and for one of the first times ever, Drake actually pulled his seatbelt across his chest and buckled himself in. What? Castor might've been a great friend, but he was anything but a great driver -- Drake's point proven as they sped past yet another stop sign. He glanced out the window to see a car slamming on their brakes, and he could hear the sound of their horn honking angrily as they sped away.

Well, he did like to say he enjoyed living on the edge, 'course he'd kind of gotten over that a bit when he'd gotten arrested 'round the fourth. Something that made him very uncomfortable, and just the brief thought of it was enough to make him shift in discomfort.

He decided to focus on the moment, instead forcing a smile to his face.

"So, party," he started. "I dunno the people -- just kinda saw some people postin' 'bout it on Instagram. Figured we can crash it, ya know? No one's gonna complain when we walk in with this lil' party favor," he explained, lifting up and wiggling the package in his hands.
coded by natasha.

Mason
party
flannel, jeans, the norm
interactions

Blake HolliSter HolliSter
There was a little bit of annoyance in the way he shifted on the couch at Blake's words. A huff escaped him, lips pressing together into a tight line as she spoke. Yeah, he knew he wasn't Jade's father -- didn't mean that he couldn't-- ... okay, well, there was no point to even really argue. Mason didn't like feeling responsible for her, so why was he trying to argue it?

Of course, this was Mason. So instead of admitting that Blake was right about this, he decided to just drop the entire topic altogether. He'd never been very good about admitting when he was being a fucking idiot, or when he was wrong, and he certainly wasn't going to start now.

He chuckled at her last comment, though.

"Cute that you think you could take me," Mason joked. She felt a lot more blunt than normal, and he suspected that it was thanks to the bottle of alcohol in her hand, not that he minded at all. It would be weird if he did, kind of hypocritical since he'd been there a couple times in the past -- although he'd never been proud of himself when he'd found himself stuck in those situations.

He rolled his eyes, but pushed himself up to his feet. "'Course I'm brave enough," he scoffed, and held a hand out to pull her to her feet, although he didn't drop her hand once she was up. Partially because she was clearly a bit drunk, and he didn't know how good her balance was, and partially because he just... didn't want to.

Yeah, shut the fuck up. So what if he felt something for her aside from a quick fuck?

"C'mon," he said with a tilt of his head, and with his free hand, he took the bottle from her. She'd probably had enough whereas he hadn't had anywhere near enough. And Raven had Ari for the night, so he was safe to drink all he wanted, yeah?

He tipped the bottle back, taking a long swig of the burning liquid that just reminded him of why he preferred the tepid taste of beer.

They headed up the stairs, and towards a window that led onto a section of the roof that was safe to sit on. He propped open one of the windows, only letting go of Blake's hand long enough to do so and climb through. He then leaned over, holding a hand out to her, and helped her step out onto the roof.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:

Zach Lombardi

Everything was going as smoothly as one might expect when they dragged someone into a storage room without warning, handed them a drink and then tried to leave. No, that wasn’t sarcasm, everything really was going rather smoothly, especially by Zach’s standards, up until the point where Raven cut off his escape route and started talking.

“What?” she gestured to the drink. “What the hell is this? Don’t say it’s a margarita-“

Zach kept his mouth shut.

”wh-“

Raven suddenly stopped talking and Zach had no idea if she confused, annoyed, angry, all of the above or none.

Should he be explaining to her what was in the drink now…?

What was he supposed to- why wasn’t she letting him leave?

If there had indeed been a code or hidden message of some sort in the lime and wedges request, he clearly missed it.

“Wait, is this supposed to be an apology or something?”

For the fourth?

…Yes? Though he didn’t really know what he was apologising for?

“Look… I don’t care.”

And then she laughed.

Oh. So he’d gotten everything wrong beginning with the last of the messages they exchanged on the fourth. Relief started to bubble up in him, but confusion also set in firmer than ever.

He really didn’t understand humans, even though he was one himself.

Zach stood there staring back in silence as Raven stared at him, then she took a sip of the drink and handed it back to him.

“It’s great, thanks.”

Zach just nodded as he glanced down at the unfinished drink. Did she really think that or was she just saying it? Forget it. He didn’t know anymore. If only he was born a dog or bird instead of a human.

Were they done now? Could he go or was he supposed to stay and do something else?

Raven didn’t seem to be moving and she’d already cut off his escape route once before.

“Zach,”

The sudden sound of her voice cutting through the silence jolted Zach out of his thoughts.

“Do you want to do this?” Raven gestured between the both of them, continuing to talk with her hands.

He blinked. Do this? What was this? The conversation they were having now? Him and her? Oh…

“Is it something you actually want? I understand we said no-strings, but these aren’t strings. These are like puzzle pieces I can’t place together because you don’t…”

The sentence died away and Zach was… well…

What was she about to say? He didn’t what? What about puzzle pieces and strings? He was just as puzzled as she was if he even read her correctly. What wasn’t strings? And wasn’t that a good thing? That they weren’t strings, cause the agreement between them was no strings…

Why did he ever think, for even a moment, that he would be able to handle something like this, even though it was no strings? Only a few weeks in and already things were so complicated that instead of no strings, he’d somehow managed to weave a whole spiderweb of a mess between them and he was stuck, because he had no idea what he was supposed to do.

Raven finally spoke again, and her new words helped him no more than her previous ones.

“I don’t know what you want and… honestly, I don’t think you know what I want either.”

He didn’t want confusion but here he was standing with a boatload of it, and he certainly didn’t know what she wanted either because he thought he had followed their no strings agreement. No getting attached, no emotions, no mess, and yet… here they were. Standing in a dimly lit storage room with a busted lightbulb.

Now would be a terrible time to change the bulb, wouldn’t it?

What was he supposed to say or do? It wasn’t like he hated their hook ups or the arrangement they had or anything like that, and Raven was attractive, certainly far more than him. In fact, it would make the jaws of those around him drop if they found out because… he was him and well… why would someone like Raven want to have a relationship like that with him? When she could easily find someone else? She was probably regretting even suggesting such an arrangement between them in the first place, wasn’t she?

“Sorry.” He whispered. He didn’t know what else to say other than apologise for… everything. It was probably best he leave now, before things got more awkward or the boss started looking for them and he landed Raven in even more trouble.

Zach again moved to make his way past Raven when his foot hit the corner of a box that he hadn’t noticed in the dim lighting and momentum sent the contents of the drink spilling right onto Raven before he could fully catch himself.

He should have changed that lightbulb.

Zach immediately set the glass down on a nearby shelf and averted his gaze, head turned to the side, ears turning red in embarrassment.

“Sorry.” He repeated, voice slightly higher and more panicked. The drink had spilled all over the front of her outfit and the vest was black which helped, but the shirt was white, which didn’t. He could see more than… well… what was appropriate. He’d seen more before of course but that was different, and this was just…

He should have just changed that lightbulb.

In any case he had to do something about this quick. He glanced back at her as his mind raced for solutions and he immediately looked away once again when he saw the wet fabric clinging to her skin, making the outlines of her curves clearer than ever. There was no way she could go back outside like that, and people could catch a cold in wet clothes.

Before he really knew what he was doing or saying, Zach had turned his back to her and started taking off his vest and unbuttoning his shirt which he was soon holding out to her in near record time.

“Here.” He said, keeping his gaze firmly away from her, his ears burning an even darker shade of red in embarrassment as his brain started to function somewhat normally again and his mind blew up with even more questions.

What was he doing? Their sizes were different, and the cuts of the shirts weren’t even the same so why had he taken them off. He should have just gone to the break room and grabbed a spare uniform instead. Stupid, stupid, stupid, but it wasn’t like he could just take back his offer and pull his shirt back on now, so he stood there, hand stretched out, eyes closed, back turned and waiting.

This was a disaster.

mood
what have I done

outfit
bartender

playing...
nil

by nil​

mentions
nil

interactions
Raven

tags
Soap Soap

º º code by ditto º º

Damien Slater
his room ; )
; )
clothes
interactions

Amy Kitsune2202 Kitsune2202
"Huh?" There was a confused look that crossed Damien's face, his eyebrows drawing together at her words. Latest work? He was still confused, until it all just kind of clicked for him, and he glanced over his shoulder and realized that his computer screen was still flashing with his latest work. "Oh shi..." he started as he placed the soda down and spun around in his chair, quickly closing out of that.

Except then it was a different gory scene, so with a quick press of a button, Damien quickly set his computer screen to lock so it was--

Right. His lock screen was also rather gruesome.

He pressed the button on his monitor, turning off the entire thing, and then he turned around, pretending like absolutely nothing had happened. "Yeah, it's nothing, really," he said dismissively, although the faint red glow to his cheeks kind of said something else.

There were parts of him that he preferred to keep hidden, especially from the likes of people like Amy.

Right, right, play games. He'd kind of forgotten Amy was a bit of a gamer, whereas... well, his eyes drifted over to his television, and the gaming consoles that had begun to gather dust since her last visit. He'd been gifted these by his mother after she'd married George, probably in... some kind of hope of giving her son the life she'd always wanted for him, with the things he'd asked for when he was younger, or maybe as some kind of apology for moving Damien into the house of his bully.

Didn't really work.

They were nifty for convincing people to come home with him, though.

"Fine," he said as, instead of getting out of his computer chair, he simply scooted his way over to the TV and gaming setup. "But we gotta stay sober for now -- my mom would kill me," he explained, his voice falling into a whisper as he spoke. "They're supposed to be heading out, though, so then we can start working on the party and have some real fun, yeah?" He suggested with a grin.
coded by natasha.

Michael Reid
just like you

the gas station/food place
what's wrong bb : (
clothes
nate | Winona Winona
Michael was really the best fucking friend out there, he knew. Totally supportive, always had the right words to say, would fake being a sexy woman named Michelle to convince other people that his roommate wasn’t a depressed, lonely fuck (and Mike meant that in the most loving way possible). See, it was a gift to be his friend, truly, ya know, and you know that old saying, ”You shouldn’t look a gift horse in the mouth,” right?

Yet Woods latched onto the one thing that would distract from building him up in favor of looking said gift horse in said mouth.

“You have a kid?” Woods said, just blinking at Mike. “And you didn’t tell me?”

Mike’s grin faltered. “I, uh.”

Yeah. Yeah, pretty much.

Mike placed his hand on his forehead, closing his eyes and sighing deeply. He sat for a long moment, silent, for once actually thinking about what words he would say before he said them — and for once, having no fucking idea where to even start. “Woods, look…,” he started, opening his eyes and sliding his hand across his black hair and down the back of his head to rest on his neck. There was a sudden exhaustion in Mike’s gaze — a defeat, a resignation.

The cat was out of the fucking bag.

Resting his forearms on the table, Mike breathed out a long sigh. “Look, Woods.” He spoke slowly, his brows raising slightly, his mouth hardly moving, in such a way that obviously indicated that his next words were going to be a lie. “It’s not mine.”

He let the words linger for a moment, peering into Woods’ eyes, gauging whether or not his friend would buy the blatant lie before he finally resigned himself with a sigh. “Jesus Christ, fuck,” Mike muttered. "Fuck me."

One person had to know that he knew it was a lie, okay, and if someone had to, then it would be Woods, who knew way too fucking much about Mike, anyway.

Mike breathed out a long sigh, reaching into his pocket for another cigarette. He made no hurry of positioning it between his lips and lighting it, nor of taking his first puff and placing the lighter back in his pocket. When he spoke again, taking the cigarette from his mouth, his voice was quieter and had a much more somber tone. “Look, Woods,” he started, “it was never a major thing. Legally speaking, it’s not mine — legally speaking, it’s not anyone’s.” He paused for a moment, then shook his head. “It wasn’t that I was keeping it from you. I just…” He breathed out a long sigh, then took another puff from his cigarette. This thing better hurry the fuck up and kill me. “I try not to think about it.”

He leaned back against the booth, his demeanor slipping into a more dismissive state. “You remember that Cruz bitch?” he said flippantly. “It’s hers. And before you bust my balls, yes, I always used a fucking condom, okay? It just…” He sigh, shaking his head, and took another puff. “Happened. Got a text out of nowhere saying that she was fucking pregnant and I was the only fucking option and yadda fucking yadda, and then I get her showing up at my fucking place of work demanding money for a kid with a dumbass fucking name — fuckin’ Axel.” His brows knit together, and he chuckled bitterly. “Like the fucking simple machine, Axel.” He shrugged, as if to shake off any remnants of a serious mood. “It’s really not a big deal.”

He leaned back forward toward the table, a grin forcing its way onto his lips again. “But, look…I’m here to help you, babro, not me,” he said. “So when’s Evie leaving?”
coded by natasha.

Ashton West
the beach
ehh
bikini top, shorts, duh
interactions

Dalton Xed Xed
If she'd had any kind of plan of tossing in the towel and leaving, it was kind of taken away the moment his hand took hers. She rolled her eyes again, but allowed him to lead her away from the party. See like, this was totally how true crime documentaries started, but she kind of wrote it off with the idea that like... well, he wasn't a stranger.

So she was pretty sure it would be fine or... whatever.

Plus she just had to see what Dalton found fun. Ash was pretty sure that they had completely different ideas of what fun was, despite the fact that they had... kind of done some things in the past that she'd... begrudgingly admit to being fun. Sort of fun.

Once they'd actually made it to the cove, he let go of her hand and headed into the cold water. For someone that hadn't touched the water yet tonight, it was more than a little cold, and all she could really do at first was watch as he made his way into the water. Like... this was his version of fun?

Swimming in icy water in a cave?

Perhaps she hadn't watched enough true crime documentaries, because it didn't stop her from stepping into the water after him. The cold touch did make her breath catch in her throat for a moment, until she'd grown more used to it.

"This is crazy," she stated, still a little breathless -- she was a little bit past her waist now, and was reflexively sucking in her stomach from the touch of cold water. "Why... is your version... of fun... always... so... wet?"

And as if to prove her point (although let's be honest, it really didn't), she brought her hand down into the water by her, and sent a spray of water splashing in Dalton's direction.

"At least Jared's fun isn't cold."
coded by natasha.

Raven Rivera
LUX
just hand me the paycheck
interactions

Zach Xed Xed

“Sorry.”

Why the hell was he apologizing? Raven couldn’t even get an answer out of him. Which probably meant that he was…

He was the most confusing person she’s ever had to deal with. Raven thrived with people– she had a knack for knowing how certain people ticked. But Zach? He was a fucking engima. She just wanted an answer.

A simple yes or no was all Raven needed. She hated when people refused to answer the simplest question. “I don’t want you to apologize, Zach.” She sighed, irritation evident in her voice.

How did she expect to have sex without the strings? Especially with him. Something like this… needed communication. It was impossible to not get wires crossed if there wasn’t any communication.

Raven thought she left the confusion back in high school, but clearly that wasn’t the case. He took a step forward to leave and this time she wasn’t planning on stopping him. If this was the end of it– so be it. The last thing she needed is added stress.

And whatever this was between them? Stress was the exact thing she was attempting to relieve, but Zachery and his failure to recognize social cues was too much of a flaw for Raven to make the best out of.

He must’ve stumbled on something because before she knew it-- her top was covered in liquor.

Raven gasped when the cold drink found its way almost all over her uniform. Mainly her top but that was enough to reveal her bra underneath and Raven couldn’t walk out of the storage closet smelling like booze. It'd be the perfect excuse for Mrs. Flores to fire her-- and they both knew that's all she was waiting for.

“Sorry.” He repeated and it caused a surge of anger to flare through her.
“Jesus, please just stop apologizi–” Her words halted as he started to unbutton his own vest, following suit with his own shirt.

Her gaze lingered on his chest momentarily, it wasn’t like Raven hadn’t seen him shirtless before, but his antics were seemingly out of nowhere and the day that she’s had already... well… you can’t blame her for taking a second of bliss that was the abs of Zachary Lombardi.

“What are you–”

“Here.”

Was he offering his shirt in–

What? Raven didn’t– This–

What the actual fuck was going on?!

Zach avoided her gaze and looked away from her, they stood across from one another, him shirtless– her top soaked, and she didn’t even have to feel her chest to know that it was sticky. She hated everything about this situation.

Raven closed her eyes and took a deep breath, calming herself. “Look at me,” She said, not bothering to take the shirt that he held out to her. He knew that asking him once wasn’t going to cut it being the ‘gentleman’ that he was.

Nudity never bothered her. It wasn’t like she was completely exposed and it wasn’t like anything he hadn’t seen yet anyway.

“Look. at. me.” She demanded, only continuing when Zach had turned around.

“I’m going to ask you one more time, I don’t want to hear an apology, I don’t want to hear an excuse, work, whatever’s going on in your mind right now, throw it all away– I want an answer.”

“Do you want me?”
coded by natasha.

• filler

Ed didn't know how it happened. One moment, he was stepping toward the cooler with the assistance of his crutches, then the next he was tumbling onto the ground, no crutches needed. The moment his bad leg hit the sand, he let out a yelp of pain, one building up from every dull ache since his injury. The same injury from stupid, overbearing Chelsea Freud's massive ass.

"Fucking hell!" he cried, nursing his leg cast like it was a wounded animal. Only, this wounded animal made him feel like there was a knife being twisted in his shin. "You're such a prick!" While he was on his knees, the drawing girl spat out some more smug drivel, earning a burning glare from the boy she had just tripped.

The girl didn't even seem to care, nor listen with the pride of someone who just knocked over an innocent man. "To everyone but him, it seems," the sweater-wearing girl muttered in response to a remark that wasn't made. Ed quirked a brow, shooting daggers through the pain.

"What?" he hissed, "Who are you talking to? Are you a fucking loon, or what?"

And then he let out another agonized moan, gritting his teeth. Shallow breaths seeped through his straight, ivory-white teeth (a perk of being a celebrity's kid) in high-pitched intervals. It almost sounded like a tea kettle, just a much angrier one.

But vindication would soon be Edwin's, as the much louder, dumber-looking girl had the guts to take a lunge toward the girl, knocking her paper and drawing utensil, which he could only hope would smudge or crinkle whatever was on it. The little demon deserved it.

When the girls collided, there was a bit of a struggle. It seemed that the standing girl had not prepared for a fight with the weird girl or with gravity, the latter of which Ed truly understood. But nevertheless, the lid of the cooler was in reach, just by a few inches. This was an opening that would not go unnoticed by the teeny-weeny black belt of striking below the belt.

While the pen-wielding girl was in the air, Ed crawled in one decisive motion, abandoning those traitorous crutches by his feet. He made a strong shove at the two girls, leaving enough room to get his hands on the cooler. His grubby teenager claws gripped the lid and flung it open, digging into its super-cold contents.

And when he lifted his body to get a look inside, Ed was greeted with the greatest disappointment of his week. And just the other day was when Evie announced her flop of a West Hollywood photoshoot. But this was even worse than a tacky color block clothing theme.

It was just... raw burger patties. And a bunch of condiments. And, like, two extra things of lemonade.

"Ugh. Why were you guarding a box of burger shit?" he snapped, banging a fist into the cooler. It made a thud as the melting ice sloshed around, taunting the two who expected a treasure chest out of it. He reached in and snatched a restaurant-style tube of mustard, eyes narrowed with disgust. He looked up, aiming it at the two girls. "You kicked me to the ground over a bunch of fucking meat patties? Freak."

He then met the taller girl's eye, his fury doubled. "And how many brain cells do you have? The last thing you need is a drink. Go read a book or something." What a goddamn waste of energy... He should have slapped the two with a frozen patty then and there for wasting his time. "Never should have come here alone..."

Edwin Sinclaire

lorelei, mik

♡coded by uxie♡

Zach Lombardi

This really was going horribly. Of course most human interactions went horribly for him but this still managed to stand out. Likely because they were in a storage room and her top was now liquor soaked and see through while he was topless. This was Hav’s fault. Actually his. Both.

It would be so much less awkward if he hadn’t just stripped off his shirt to hand it over to her. Why did she ever tell him to do something like that if a girl’s clothes got wet? And why, why was it the first thing that came to mind in the aftermath of his clumsiness, and why did he have to act on it?

And now Raven was even more upset from the sound of it with her orders for him not to apologise. Twice.

Zach kept his hand held out and back turned, waiting for her to take the shirt or reject it but she did neither. Instead she ordered him to look at her, which…

He’d seen her naked before but still, this was different, this was… he couldn’t…

“Look. at. me.”

Zach let out a small sigh and opened his eyes, then slowly turned around to face Raven, keeping his eyes firmly away from her chest and her eyes.

“I’m going to ask you one more time, I don’t want to hear an apology, I don’t want to hear an excuse, work, whatever’s going on in your mind right now, throw it all away- I want an answer.”

Zach swallowed. An answer? An answer to what? What was she about to-

“Do you want me?"

Did he- want as in-

His eyes subconsciously fell towards her at the question and the answer left his lips before his thoughts had completely settled.

“Yes.”

…….

Zach’s eyes flicked back away to look elsewhere in the room, his ears burning.

What had he just said yes to? What was happening to his brain? Normally he was more careful in his response, taking the time to chew through the words slowly before saying anything, but now… it was like everything from the Fourth and this whole situation had transformed him into Havana.

He hadn’t lied in his answer. He did want her, she was really attractive, again far more so than him, but he wasn’t certain what exactly she meant when she said want. Did she mean want like 'want their no strings attached relationship to continue' or-

"Aren't you gonna ask what I want?"

His eyes fell back to Raven again, his heart pounding in his ears as he met her gaze. A familiar gaze he had seen at night before, in private moments when they were alone, just the two of them and not another soul. He still wasn’t entirely sure what was happening or where this was going but…

He fought to hold her gaze and keep his voice from cracking under the nerves as the words came out, scratchy and rough.

“…What do you want?”

mood

outfit
shirtless

playing...
nil

by nil​

mentions
Hav

interactions
Raven

tags
Soap Soap

º º code by ditto º º

Dalton Kirby

Dalton smirked as he glanced back over at Ash. She’d followed him into the cold water, clothes and all. For a moment he thought he might see her refuse. Complain about the cold or something, but she hadn’t at least not yet. There was still time for her to do just that and hop right back out of the water which would give him a good laugh.

“This is crazy,” she breathed, “Why… is your version… of fun… always… so… wet?

He cocked an eyebrow. Was it now? He liked the water and surfing but that certainly didn’t mean -

SPLASH.

Water flew up and at him, the little flecks blinding him momentarily as he reflexively raised a hand to shield himself.

When he recovered from her sudden assault, a wicked grin graced his lips. So that’s how she wanted to play it.

“At least Jared’s fun isn’t cold.”

“No it isn’t. It’s as dry as his sense of humour.” Dalton quipped. Nonexistent obviously.

Before he was just going to lead her to the little cave but now…

He turned around fully and waded through the water towards her.

“Come here.” He said as he reached out and hooked an arm around her waist, his feet pushing back as he let the water and momentum, carry him backwards, dragging her forward along with him into the deeper waters.

“We haven’t reached the fun part yet.”

He considered a number of things including picking her up and tossing her further out because he was tall enough to do that, but then he didn’t want to get accused of murder or anything of the sort.

Actually…

“Let me give you a hand so we can get there faster.”

Setting his feet firmly on the sand beneath them, Dalton straightened himself slightly and looped his arms around under Ash’s back and legs, scooping her up into a princess carry as he lifted her above the water which was just below waist level for him.

Then with just as little warning as he gave with that first movement, Dalton swung his arms back and then launched her forward, tossing her further into the water and the darkness. A laugh escaped him as he moved over to join her in the deeper part.

“Thrilling right?” He teased, certain that she would give him a different answer and likely hit him in retaliation for that little stunt.

“Alright come on. This way.”

Dalton started swimming further in, towards the little cave, barely aware if Ash was following. The fireworks hadn’t launched yet so they still had some time but it was best to hurry.

He covered the distance quickly, pausing by the mouth of the cave as he waited for Ash to catch up. He smirked at her and gave a little bow. The good surf and party atmosphere had put him in a much happier mood than was usual.

“After you ma’am.”

Dalton gave her a little push into the cave which was largely water, but there was a small section of sand and rock that grew a little larger at low tide. A nice place to sit that was located not too far from where there was an opening in the ceiling of the cave through which one had a nice view of the night sky.

Tonight it would make a fun viewpoint for the fireworks which they were just in time for.

The dark skies exploded with flashes of colour as Dalton climbed up onto the ‘dry’ ground and helped Ash up.

“Not a bad view right?” He asked as he looked through the ceiling, another wicked little idea forming in his head as they watched the fireworks go off.

“If you want an even better view and you’re up for the challenge, we can climb onto the top.”

By which he meant the top of the cave, above the hole in the ceiling, by way of scaling the rocks of course.

mood
fun right?

outfit
surfer boy

playing...
song title here

by artist here​

mentions
Jared

interactions
Ash

tags
Winona Winona

º º code by ditto º º

Havana Lombardi
pop-up puppy adoption... park
pessimists & pups
Some overalls + cute bandana
interactions

Mitch, (mentions Zach) ditto ditto

Havana Lombardi was many things.

Creative, spontaneous, optimistic, adaptable– dependable (sometimes.)

But she was not a quitter.

Okay…

So she was.

Havana was the biggest quitter this town has ever seen, part-time jobs? She’s never lasted more than a week at any of them– granted, she was a teenager but still. Hobbies? The only few that stuck was photography and the arts, sketching, painting– none of that really counted since Havana’s been creatively blessed since birth.

Piano lessons? Quit.

Cheerleading? Quit.

Babysitting? Quit.

She failed Spanish class three times despite her love for different languages.

Even after high school Havana never had the attention span to learn any, no matter how beautiful it sounded… a few weeks and a few choice words here, do you know what happened next?

She quit.

And finally, college? Her parents' big plan to ship her off to this well-paying, stable but unsatisfying job?

Quit.

“Teenagers are…uninhibited versions of adults, discovering what it means like to have complex emotions and sex drive and angst and body odor,” he said, in a disinterested monotone. “‘Overdramatic’ sometimes, but more than anything…they’re who you would be if you had nothing to lose besides cafeteria clout.”

The way he had put it had eased some of Havana’s worries. Treating them like normal people who were just learning instead of delicate beings that she was in charge of molding– or shaping the... 'heroes of tomorrow.'

Figure of speech.

Havana listened, but didn't say anything except take his words into account with a simple; "Huh," didn't think about it that way.

Teachers had a big impact in Hav’s life. Mainly emotionally because she just wasn’t really one for school. She was the type of girl who’d rather go to protests outside of an abortion center to tell off the pro-lifers who were harassing the girls who needed medical help.

She was the girl who snuck into school and painted a mural without anyone knowing– she almost got suspended when they found out but that was beside the point.

She wasn’t a girl who learned from anyone else but herself.

Havana allowed herself to make mistakes, to be messy, to make risky choices with even riskier outcomes, she was a wildcard and as carefree, fun, and open-minded Havana was…

She was a liability.

“You’re going to be the new…art teacher, correct?”

“Mhm,” She confirmed, almost bouncing on her heels in agreement.

The way his gaze that Mitch’s gaze trailed over her made Havana feel like she was the newest military recruit. It wasn’t scary– it just felt… intimidating. Crazy to believe when you’re just a new teacher at a high school, but Havana would find it hard to believe that this guy’s blank face made people feel at ease.

“They are going to eat you alive,”

And just like that; her nerves returned once again, replaced by the fear that these teenagers will in fact ‘eat her alive,' and her students wouldn't even give her the time of day to learn much of anything, let alone be nice enough to like her...

Which sounded a bit silly, doesn't it? A perfectly grown adult with afraid of a few teenagers' attitudes.

But Havana operated purely on her emotions.

On the outside; Havana was a picture perfect, adventure-loving, eccentric, and spiritual brunette that easily charmed her way through whatever situation she was in.

On the inside… that was an entirely different story.

But who was Mitch-- or you to find that out today?

Havana Lombardi was master of the arts, queen of the poker face, and the greatest damn actor this town has ever seen. Her confidence didn’t diminish, but the glint in her eyes certainly dimmed quite a bit at Mitch’s opinion.

“How sweet of you to provide your honest opinion, Mr. Carson– but I’ll have you know, while it may take a bit of time to…” Her gaze bounced from him and towards the volunteers she’d grown up with over the years, they’d taught her responsibility, dependability, the power of authority and how to use it–

They were good teachers.

And Havana remembered none of their lessons.

A glimpse into the future for her own students, was it?

“... warm up to me, it’s impossible not to like me. I think you may be my first challenge this school has to offer? I win you over, I win the students over,” There was no implication that Mitch didn’t like her already, she’d been perfectly polite– but again, Mr. Stoic wasn’t a people person.

And he wasn’t a dog person either, apparently.

“And don’t take this at any offense, but… I strongly feel that you and some ninth graders may share some things in common.”

Not the love for Hot Topic, but more of the… emo, broody phase that most of them go through and grow out of once junior year hits.

Havana didn’t have to explain the part where Mitch hadn’t gotten over his own phase as of yet.

“So, I might be in luck after all...” The conversation had swiftly turned in her favor– at least, it felt that way, Havana’s teasing and façade of confidence was enough to move the spotlight from her and onto him.

The brunette smiled, almost amusedly as she reached into her back pocket and pulled out a small blue bag, handing it out to him. “Clean-up on aisle four.” She said, her head tilting to the pen where the wrinkly pug had just gone number two.

What?

She wasn’t being rude! He was volunteering here too! It was only fair that he did some of the work while she bombed that interaction with the potential 'fur-ever' home.

Shit happens, y’know.
coded by natasha.

Last edited:
Raven Rivera
LUX
just hand me the paycheck
interactions

Zach Xed Xed

There wasn’t any suspense.

While her irritation was still floating around, she waited patiently for Zachery’s answer. Again, the last thing she wanted was for him to be uncomfortable in their arrangement– now Raven wouldn’t have gone so far as trapping him in a storage room to find out his true feelings on the matter, but what was done is done.

Her eyes were kept directly on his, even when his gaze flickered downwards and Raven kept calm despite the surge of excitement that went through her body.

“Yes.”

The corners of her lips tilted upwards but not enough to consider it a full-fledged smile and her gaze fell low-lidded, taking a step towards him while he glanced around the room, nervous, shy, and afraid to take control– which wasn’t new.

Raven had been the one to offer the arrangement.

She was the one who always initiated.

Not this time.

“Aren’t you going to ask what I want?” She asked, taking the white-button up shirt that he was holding out to her, not bothering to move or create distance between them as she played with the collar, still maintaining eye-contact.

This was the perfect opportunity to explain what she expected out of this deal. He was listening– she certainly captured his attention.

All Raven had to do was…

“…What do you want?”

She wanted what any girl wanted.

The previous grin had only widened some and she leaned in, barely brushing their lips together and pulling away before they had the chance to touch just enough to whisper. “I want to be wanted,” Raven said, taking a step away from him and dropping the shirt on the shelf beside them.

“Do you know what that means?”

She assumed the answer was no, so she continued before Zachery had the chance to say anything.

“No strings doesn’t mean you’re completely off the hook, it just means we aren’t official. It means we can fuck, talk to, or do whatever we please with whomever we please, we reap the benefits without the relationship.” Explaining this wasn’t something she believed she had to do, and Raven wasn’t a teacher by any means, but some people needed a few pointers and if this was going to work…

He needed all the help he could get.

The brunette slowly started to unbutton her vest. “When I text you to come over, the reply I’m expecting isn't a thumbs up,” The vest easily slipped off her arms and onto the floor, taking a step closer to him, ignoring the uncomfortable way the drenched shirt clinged onto her skin.

“I don’t want you to pretend like you’re interested,” Raven began to unbutton her shirt, taking another step towards him so they were face-to-face. “I expect you to be disappointed when I change plans,” she left a few buttons alone, teasing just enough skin for him to see.

“What I want?” She repeated, placing a hand against his chest and slowly trailing down.

“What I want is for you to want me so badly, you don’t care about anything else.”

No strings didn’t mean no effort.

And apparently a lot of people didn’t get that.

Raven pulled away for the last time, backing up till she was near the door, creating distance between them while keeping their gazes locked and a handful of nights were so simple to remember as they flashed in her mind, but none of those memories had the ability to relieve either of them from the tension in the dim-lit storage room.

“Now, you can either walk out that door, we go back to being friends and co-workers like nothing ever happened. No hard feelings…”

Or…

“Or…”

And what was a steamy storage hookup without a little imagination?

I wouldn’t know, but they probably do.
coded by natasha.

納賀勢 弥祐
nagase miyu
tags
Winona Winona
Miyu wasn't exactly sure if she believed in the healing power of crystals... but they were pretty, and the lady who ran the shop had a way with words. She wondered if the woman saw a huge dollar sign over her head every time she walked into the damned shop. Most of the time she just came to read, but would normally leave with a salt lamp or a bracelet. Despite her growing collection of crystals, she wasn't exactly feeling healthy yet.

The shop keeper, Hecate, was nice, if not a little eccentric, but Miyu couldn't help but admire her. She was really living the dream, floating around her little shop. With every movement the hundreds of bracelets and necklaces she wore would clink together. Miyu thought that would probably be annoying if she wasn't deaf.

Despite Hecate being perfectly nice, Miyu would try to slip past her every time she entered the library. She didn't really want to talk to her or buy any more crystals, but she had weird books she couldn't find anywhere else. She found herself a book on tarot readings and headed to her favourite nook, snuggling down into an old vintage armchair. Was it weird to say she liked the smell of the book? The shop always smelled strongly of incense or candles, so the way the scent of old paper cut through it was pleasant, in a way. She cleared her head and focused on the words on the page.
code by @Nano

• filler

Julian Cruz was stubborn. It was something Dex saw in Logan as well, only with a much more harmless manifestation of the trait. By their father's standards, yeah, Logan had managed to tarnish the spotless image the family cultivated despite all of the mistresses and half-siblings. Guess contraception was never their forte. But the fact was that while Dex's sister hated losing and hated being wrong, their father never changed his mind.

Dex could count how many times that miracle had happened and it took less than ten fingers to do so. The possibility of a future with a united family was bleak, but there was one feature he possessed that seemed to appear out of thin air, surely out of some biological rarity. And that was hope, which was soon to be dashed.

"I don't... I don't want your money," Logan shot back, the unsteadiness in her voice not going unnoticed by both Dex and Julian, whose eyebrows jumped higher than the fireworks blasting above. Money solved everything. In law, financial settlements are the silent majority of resolutions.

But this was always a possibility. A brainless one that proves Logan wasn't ready for a career in law, but something her ice-cold father had accounted for nonetheless. Dex gasped like an auntie in a soap opera, meanwhile Julian merely shut his checkbook and tucked it away, wiping the momentary surprise off his face. "Then you're more self-destructive than I anticipated. You're no daughter of mine." Plain and simple. It was like Dex took a sledgehammer to his heart.

"You... you... you can't stop me from having a relationship with my brother. You might have disowned me, but Dex is still my brother and as much as you want to erase me -- erase us -- you can't." Dex smiled, melancholy but happy to see a fragment of that hope in someone else.

Logan was already turning away, an unfortunate sign of loss. If she couldn't stand very much of a serious conversation, how could she possibly make it at the stand while pleading for the town's most high-profile defendants? After all the resources Julian had sunk into her, it was about time to cut his losses.

It was hard to articulate what Dex was feeling. All he could manage was a conflicted grunt. "Logan, wait." He didn't expect her to stop, not with all said and done. There wasn't a single useful thing he'd said all night, even with the hope that pushed every word off his lips. "This isn't goodbye, okay!" There was no venturing further, not with his dad's oppressive gaze resting on him like a thousand-ton weight. To be frozen in place was a feeling he could recall from early youth onward. It was the mark of a Cruz child.

"Much worse could happen, Logan," Julian called out cryptically, an ominous shadow crossing over his face. If this wasn't the end, she was about to hope it was. Julian Cruz wasn't just stubborn; he never lost a battle and he sure as hell would wage a war over it. And, just before the young mother had entirely exited earshot, he offered one last piece of advice she was sure to recognize. "Anything you say can and will be used against you." Dex caught a glint in his eye that struck a primal fear he didn't even know existed. "In and out of the courts."

It was painful to watch. What side could he play? He was already in big trouble. Quicksand surrounded his feet, then his torso, then his head until every shout he tried to muster fell silent. If this fight had a victor, it was certainly not Dex.

"Thanks for hanging! I love you!"

Dexter Cruz

logan

♡coded by uxie♡

• filler

There pounding on the front door almost had a rhythm to it, melting easily into the silly musical playing on the T.V. Finally, after a significant round of ringing, slamming, and shouting, Benji was roused from his stupor by a vigorous jiggling of the chain lock. Was someone actually trying to break in? Should he have been worried? He sat up against an arm of the couch, folding his hands over the too-small blanket draped across his torso.

The bright, burning daylight of the front door spread further, stretching ever so slightly into the living room. Benji squinted, craning his neck out to get a glimpse through the doorway and at the door. It was like waking up for the first time in days, only his body refused to kick into motion. "What... the..." he mumbled, scrambling up defensively. Someone was inside his house, through the double lock that should have been impregnable, and all Benji was armed with was a water bottle and a bag of gummy worms.

He sat frozen, horrified, awaiting the reveal. The teenaged drug dealer wasn't equipped for a raid in his amateurish youth. What if it was the cops? What if it was a jaded, gun-toting customer? What if it was...

AJ?

Standing before Benjamin in the doorway was his blonde, lipglossed girlfriend with an everlasting spout of rage gushing out of her eyes. She seemed so tall, so menacing from this angle, as though she would reveal herself to be a trained assassin and then hurl a dagger in a moment's notice. He looked down at his unwashed sweater, his blanket, and then to the embarrassingly idiotic television program to his side. He hadn't a clue what was going on but, somehow, it felt like he'd fucked up bad.

“What in fuck’s name are you doing, Benjamin?” the girl roared clear as day, sending shock waves throughout the room. For a moment, all the stupefied teenager could do was blink and reach for the remote, pausing the show blasting in the background. The walrus was cooking falafel now, and it would be for a long time. This was going to take a minute.

"Did you just break into my fucking house?" he cried, drawing his legs inward defensively. He hugged them like a kid, angling his head at the floor. His eyes probably looked so fucking wild, his pupils the size of a pinpoint. But he was too angry to investigate his shame. "Are you insane? Who does that?"

He gestured around the room, finally meeting the far too well-dressed girl in the eye. "You can't just... show up unannounced like that!" Where his phone was, he hadn't a clue, but that wasn't the point in this. Right now, Benji was a little stuck on the principle of having his locks bypassed by a screaming Barbie doll. He looked her up and down, involuntarily grinning like a madman. She really was built like one... he had to stop looking like a creep, though.

He wasn't happy at all, but the pill in him had other plans for his body. A laugh slipped off his lips, but he was glaring, trembling as anger and a second, mysterious emotion passed over him. The greatest challenge was suppressing it, which was a failing effort. He pinched the bridge of his nose, begging himself to sober up for just a moment. To the floor, he asked, "I... I don't understand what's happening. Why am I being yelled at...? Why are you here?"

Benji Bahi

adeline

♡coded by uxie♡

Juliette Jameson
brutal

Nickie's place
loser.
interactions

Nickie
ditto ditto

What the actual fuck was going on?

“No, Mom, it’s okay — it’s seriously fine! Jonah can’t get his head out of his you-know-what for long enough to have a nice freaking family dinner, and that’s perfectly okay!”

Jules didn’t particularly like her parents all that much, but her father being talked down to by her aunt definitely wasn’t something she could just sit here and watch. Especially by her aunt of all people. It just felt wrong.

“You know, there’s nothing wrong with a little self-absorption and family extortion at the dinner table to bring us all together, that’s what I always say!” While Nickie looked like she wanted to puke, Jules couldn’t help but sputter out a laugh that went unnoticed by most of the table.

They bickered back and forth like…

Well, like children or whatever, as uncomfortable and upsetting as it was, it was kind of entertaining?

JJ didn’t really know all the details of what her family did financially. They gave her money and bought her whatever she wanted and that was that, y’know? Like, she knew that her father gave Nickie’s mother’s money and shit.

But it wasn’t really her business.

Nickie stood up from the table and ran away, and all Juliette could think was– why the hell was this girl at the adults table?

“You know —“

“Know what, Abbey?” Jasmine asked, gaining a glare from Constance from her daughter-in-law raising her voice at her daughter. As if the Jamesons cared about the hell that was married in and shit. Constance was a raging bitch. The shade she threw at Nickie’s father only confirmed that.

“Jonah, I’d suggest you should get your wife’s temper under control.”

Oh, fucking gross.

No thank you.

Jules rolled her eyes and stood up from the table, all the adults were so focused at the argument at hand neither of them cared enough to stop her or realize that Nickie moments ago. Exiting the dining room and pulling up her phone.
Where are u?

She roamed the hallways, looking at the extensive decor that– wasn’t really extensive in her opinion. It was nice and all but Abbey didn’t have the best taste. Don’t get her wrong, though. The woman was… not hated by Juliette.

She liked her better than her own mother.

Like… way better.

Memories of running up and down this hall, playing in Nickie’s room, or making stupid couch forts as the request of her cousin because she’d cry how bored she was– Nickie was one of those kids who’d cry so hard they’d gag.

It was seriously unsettling.

So Jules didn’t have a sibling, but she had Nickie so it was whatever. She’d still off herself if they were actually siblings, but since they weren’t you know? Like in some ways it wasn’t as bad.

In the living room, Nickie’s siblings were setting up some kind of board game she’d probably destroy them in– not that it was super relevant or anything.

But JJ didn’t let the younger kids win, because like... why would she?

The real world wasn’t like that. Sorry bitches. Try harder.

“Jules, come play with us!” Neil, Nickie’s younger brother yelled out from the faux-diamond encrusted coffee table which was definitely sharp as fuck and JJ had definitely cut herself on it from time to time.

“I’d literally rather die, and it’s JJ.” The only people who stuck to calling her JJ were Nickie and whoever else went to school with her because obviously, Juliette was relevant enough to create a name for herself, in... high school but still. If she was capable of making the entire student body use her nickname, why couldn't her family give her the same decency?

“Gramma and everyone else calls you Jules.”

“Yeah, well, they’re all losers. Which reminds me to go hunt down the biggest one of all– so if you bastards will excuse me…” JJ turned on her heel, ignoring the small gasps and mutters of the children about her inappropriate language as she continued down the hall, halting when she noticed the basement door cracked open.

David’s office was much more welcoming and decorative than her father’s. Juliette wasn’t even allowed in her father’s office unless he was the one who had called her in there.

And that was only when she was in trouble, so… let’s be honest, she’s been in that office quite a lot– but her father had a soft spot for her, her mother not so much.

Fucking bitch.

Her footsteps announced her entrance before she could, the squeaking of the old wood underneath have given her position away but Jules knocked on the door anyway, letting herself in and closing the door behind her, rolling her eyes at her cousin’s melodramatic antics.

It wasn’t the first time their family had disagreements– probably? Juliette never really paid attention, but even if they did… It's been a long time since they’ve had any drama or like, a screaming match like the one that was going on upstairs.

Nickie was as sensitive as ever. Juliette wouldn’t be surprised if she was like, mentally ill or something from the way she’d overreact to some things. It’s never something she’d tell her to her face though. “You’re a dumbass,” okay, maybe she would.

“Don’t cry over family drama, literally everyone has it. Be normal and cry over a boy or something.” Or a girl she guessed, but like Nickie wasn’t the gay cousin right? Everyone had a gay cousin, didn’t they?

Forget about the statistics on that. So not important right now.

“Or like, cry at all– not because I care? You’re just a really ugly crier so please spare us both.”

JJ walked over to the shelves in the office, ignoring the diplomas, family photos and running a hand over the books that were so neatly stored. There wasn’t anything interesting– she didn’t even know what she’d find interesting.

Jules doesn’t even read. “Have you ever gotten high before?” She asked out of seemingly nowhere.

“I only ask because like, my–”

Not friend, they weren’t friends.

“Maggie insisted on giving me one of those deformed cigarettes, obvi, I told her I'd never try it in like, a million years."

Drugs were never something Juliette would do. Like ever. She truly believed addicts were like the lowest of low– besides cheaters you know? Because that was just…

Ew.

But anyway, marijuana wasn’t like real drugs, right?

"Wanna go upstairs, stalk boys on insta and like, get high?"
coded by natasha.

Oliver Brewer
some shop
=D
clothes
interactions

Miyu Miaow Miaow
The lanky senior had a bit of a bounce to his step, not that he didn't normally. Plus there was something about taking a breather and going for a walk that really could put anyone in a good mood, at least, that's what Felix had said when he'd insisted on taking their shared car and leaving his older brother to his own devices.

But that was fine. Totally coolio, 'cause Oliver kind of wanted to walk more, 'cause then he'd have mad muscles, and then Mikaela would be like wow, he's charming AND muscly AND hot, and he'd be the coolest thing ever in her life and then they would live happily ever after forever together. Or something. Heh, right.

It was a lot to expect of a relationship that was barely two months old.

Think smarter, not hotter. That was his motto.

No wait, it was.... think smarter, not harder.

Heh. Close enough.

As he turned into the little cozy store, Oliver's steps had slowed, and kind of quieted. Listen, he wasn't the quietest of souls, so yeah, it actually took some concentration from him to keep himself, well, quiet. Or at least not a total nuisance. Even so, the weight of his frame still caused the floor to creak here and there as he crept through the shop, peeking and peering at this thing and that.

It wasn't long before his wandering gaze fell on someone that he recognized from school. Yeah, Miyu kind of kept Oliver in check, in a way. And yeah, probably one of the few reasons that he'd managed to pass his classes with the grades he had.

Wandering over, he waved at her, but realized she was drawn into her book. He hesitated for a moment, trying to think of how to get her attention without startling her. Just wave his arms around wildly? Or...

Instead, he just reached forward, a finger tapping against the top of her book. And once she'd lifted his gaze, he gave a huge smile, and waved at her.
coded by natasha.

Brody Jesson
boat
cool cool cool
blue swim shorts
interactions

Sydney ditto ditto
Was it weird to have questionable photos of your bestie in a cheer uniform that could barely fit their frame?

Next question.

"Why would I delete 'em?" Justin asked, letting out another chuckle. "Keeping them just in case one day, you, ya know... or, rather, we get in a fight or something and I need a little blackmail. Or if there's just something I need from you down the road. I'll threaten to release it on Twitter or Instagram or something, or I'll just be like... 'hey, you know that pretty chick in math? Yeah, well SHE'S gonna see it."

No, Justin wasn't a bad guy, but he also was no pushover, and maybe coming from the family he did just kind of... went to show that he knew how to use his resources to his advantage. Even if that meant keeping shit in his back pocket in case he needed to blackmail his friends.

"If you're gonna become famous and shit, imagine how much those photos will be worth one day, ya know? Gotta use your brain, Syd," he explained, as he took another sip from his beer, and then pushed himself up from the deck of the boat.

"C'mon," he said with a tilt of his head, and he walked towards the edge of the boat. "It's hot. Wanna swim?"
coded by natasha.

Nathan Woods
gas station
clothes
interactions

Mike ditto ditto
Well, what a turn this chicken date had taken.

Mike then went back on what he had just said, trying to insist that the baby wasn't his. That the baby was no one's, which just made it all the more confusing. What was this, Schrödinger's baby? The baby simultaneously did and didn't exist, according to... the law and Mike? Or something? He was sure that the look of disbelief was still pasted on his face, although he wasn't sure if it was from the news, or...

Well, if it was because his friend was going back on what he had just said.

Nate wanted to believe him, he really did, but he also knew Mike enough to know that... he was lying.

Mike must've known it, too, because then he admitted and explained the whole thing. That he had a whole kid, and from the sounds of it, he was just trying to avoid the chick. Of course, Nate knew better than anyone that you could run as much as you wanted, but these things... they'd always manage to come back. There was only so much turning the other way that one could do.

Hence why he was in Los Angeles, and would probably never return to Lecompton again.

"Right..." he said slowly. "Dumb bitch, dumb kid. Got it."

There wasn't really any reason to continue to push it -- it wasn't like anything Nate said would appeal to Mike.

And then his friend turned it back to Evie.

Damn it.

"Nothing to say," he stated simply. "She's leaving for a job. End of story."
coded by natasha.

Ashton West
the beach
ehh
bikini top, shorts, duh
interactions

Dalton Xed Xed
No, she wasn't stupid. She'd known that splashing Dalton would come with consequences, and given that they were in the water... well, you could assume that she'd known just what kind of consequences. Still, when Dalton had started through the water, she'd really only expected to be splashed back. A brief moment of cold, and then they'd be even.

She should've known Dalton well enough at this point to know that he didn't just get even -- and it all happened in the blink of an eye. His arm moved around her waist, and then he was pulling them back into the deeper water, and Ash let out a gasp as the rest of her was submerged in the cold water. It struck the breath from her lungs for a moment, and as she untangled from him and managed to find her footing (albeit much deeper in the water), it took her a moment to catch her breath. She brushed her (now wet) hair away from her face, as she looked at him.

"Jerk," Ash breathed, and she reached a hand out to smack him in the chest. And although her words said one thing, she was also kind of smiling and kind of laughing, and maybe this was the most fun she'd had in Newcastle since she'd arrived. Of course, it was nothing compared to the fun she'd had in New York, but it was like... one of the first times that she wasn't missing her old home.

And she was prepared to finish swimming to the other side of the cove, except that Dalton apparently had different plans.

“Let me give you a hand so we can get there faster.”

Before she could really say much, he'd scooped her up bridal style, and hey, she wasn't complaining. It was better than having to swim through the cold water, although now the air on her wet skin was more of a nuisance than before. But she grinned, her arm coming up to rest around his neck, and opened her mouth to start and speak.

The word "romantic" only got out about halfway before she was being tossed further into the water -- this time fully submerged.

She broke out of the water, gasping as she wiped water away from her face and pushed her hair back.

“Thrilling right?” He teased.

"Oh, yeah, totally," she responded sarcastically.

“Alright come on. This way.”

She huffed, but followed him into the water. It wasn't too far of a swim, but being much shorter than her companion meant that, well, Ash had to swim a bit further, which put her a bit behind Dalton.

As she walked up to him, she rolled her eyes and gave a shake of her head at his bow. She followed him out of the water and onto the little section of clear stone and sand, taking his hand and letting him help her out of the water right as the sounds of fireworks started to explode around them. Flashes of red and blue lit up the cave so she could actually see where she was going, and as she stood next to him, she peered up through the hole to look at the fireworks in the night sky.

“Not a bad view right?” He asked, and she broke her gaze away from the fireworks to look at him.

"Yeah," she admitted gaze moving back to the fireworks. "Not bad."

Another explosion of fireworks, more colors that burst in the sky and illuminated the little cave.

“If you want an even better view and you’re up for the challenge, we can climb onto the top.”

She glanced back at him again, pressing her lips together.

Danger wasn't exactly her middle name, but she also wasn't one to turn down the potential for something fun like that.

"Sure," she said, a smile starting to brighten her face, "race ya."

And to try and get a head start (because let's be honest, she was gonna need it), she pushed Dalton (not enough to knock him over or anything, just enough to try and get ahead), and took off for the rocks that made a messy trail up to the top.

As one might have expected, Dalton did up surpassing her. Like, Ash was one) short, and two) not at all skilled at climbing rocks. Yeah, probably came as a total surprise, but her mom would've totally freaked out if she knew what her daughter was doing in a cave with some guy. Like, there were so many opportunities to get hurt or whatever, but that was the fun of it. And the adrenaline of competition, even if she knew she was inevitably going to lose, made it all the more fun.

Once she'd made it to the top, she held a hand out for Dalton to help pull her up the rest of the way, and then she collapsed onto the rockface, her chest heaving up and down as she smiled up at the sky and the blossoming fireworks.

"Fine, you win," she started, smile widening as she spoke. "Worth it and... yeah, maybe you're a little more fun than Jared."
coded by natasha.

• leave blank

jacob kelly

this is the summer I get murdered

Rapid slamming on the ancient wooden slabs of the door to his equally ancient farmhouse startled Jake awake. From where he’d been sprawled over the edge of one of the armchairs in the living room, drool dripping from his mouth like a damn caveman. What time was it?

Picking up his phone to see the time, the screen’s obnoxiously bright LED screen blinded him for a moment before he was able to make out the letters through his drowsy stupor.

5:58am.

Shit. He must’ve slept through his alarm. One of the horses had decided it was time to give birth an hour before midnight the previous day, and he’d been up until 3:30 making sure everything went smoothly. He had that girl coming today, what was her name?

Beatrice?

"Bernadette Stoddard?" A disembodied voice sighed rather dejectedly from the porch, answering his question. “My dad called."

“Just a minute!” He called back, standing and rubbing at his face roughly. Not wanting to greet his newest victim shirtless, Jake snatched his grey sweater from where it was draped against the back of the chair and threw it on haphazardly as he headed towards the door.

A loud yawn slipped from him as he pulled the door open and suddenly Jake was standing in front of a short, angry looking blonde girl with vengeance in her eyes. Said malice previously pointed at the door—it’s okay, he got mad at it too—now slid to him as her icy blue gaze met his own.

He was 6’3”, yes, but somehow Jake felt as if she were looking down her nose at him. As if he were some uncivilized creature who’d never lived amongst civilization. He was in for a long summer. If he didn’t wind up dead.

Whether that would be from Bernie or Nate’s psycho ex girlfriend Evie, he didn’t know. How his friend had managed to get him dragged into the soap opera that was their relationship. Or lack of one? Jake wasn’t too sure, though he did know he’d prefer to keep his genitals in tact.

Everyone knows to never let a wild animal know your scared. The same applied to teenage girls with an attitude problem, right?

“Heya there Bernie,” he said with a grin, waving at the retreating Mercedes that must’ve been her ride. “Fancy car, that your dad?”

Holding the door open wider, Jake took a step back, jerking his head towards the interior of the house. “You can come on in, I don’t bite.”

“I’m Jake, by the way. Pleasure to meet ya.”

coded by weldherwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back