• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern NEWCASTLE, CA | interest check

ditto

still kicking :)
NEWCASTLE, CA
Los Angeles' Reject Bin

The promise of stardom and the hope of achieving of some grand dream -- it's what drives people to come to Los Angeles, California with little more than $25 to their names and half a tank of gas left in their Subarus. But when that gas is all gone, when that $25 is spent, when they can't get signed to that agency, can't get that job, can't get that house, can't get that girl or that guy or that dream -- when they are chewed up and spat out by Los Angeles, they limp their ways to Newcastle, California.

Located just south of the City of Angels, Newcastle is a smaller, younger town. This is where the stars that never were wind up, yes, to sign onto smaller labels that will enslave them and treat them like pawns. This is where the sleazy CEOS and lawyers make their homes as well, beneath the far less prying eyes of the local police. There are hopeless teen parents who work gas stations and struggle to pay their rent for a living as much as there are rich trust fund babies who do little more than coast along in life. There are flower shop workers, bartenders, librarians, teachers, high school students, wine moms, college dropouts -- they all have their place in this little town.

But, as life tends to go, things are never quite as they seem, and very soon, the well-kept secrets of Newcastle may become its very downfall.

+ + +

Howdy! My name is Ditto, and I'm a co-gm with this rp (along with Winona Winona , the lovely creator of this rp)! We're still working on getting it up and running -- we're only on the second skip -- and we'd love to have you onboard!

THE GIST:
Newcastle is a sort of more of a sandbox-type rp -- and by that, we just mean that there will be no big, central, required plot that each character must be a part of. : ) The idea is that Newcastle is a fictional Californian town, so you can feel free to make your own locations, NPCs, and plots to your heart's content! But, of course, there are plenty of bigger plots to get involved in, too...or you can make your own. Basically, go wild. ; ) Yes, there is a high school to rp in, but yes, there is also a whole world to explore and help to build. : )

ROLES:
So the fun thing about this rp is...there aren't really any roles or archetypes you have to make your characters in! There are people all over the socioeconomic spectrum, of all genders and sexualities, and of a variety of ages! The main age range for the characters is 16 - 20, but we're open to having characters outside of that age range (within reason, of course). : )

BASIC RULES (PLEASE READ!):
1) Please be willing to write at least 3 - 4 paragraphs on each post! This is not an rp for one-lining. : ) (Naturally, if the occasional reply falls underneath this, it's no biggie, but the goal is to give your rp partner(s) at least something to respond to.)

2) We ask that rpers be age 17 or above to participate in this rp! Some more mature themes are present in this rp, which can become uncomfortable with people younger than this age. (Of course, there's nothing that violates RPN's TOS, so don't come expecting that either. : ) )

3) We use strictly realistic face claims! : ) (If you think you'll have trouble finding a face claim, don't worry! We've got plenty people onboard who are more than willing to help you find a fitting face claim!)

4) We will use Discord for our out of character chat! (But we don't dig OOC drama, so please don't aid in causing any. : ) )

If you're interested, feel free to reply here and/or jump into the Discord server!

Hope to rp with some of y'all soon!

- Ditto : )

ive been staring at this and almost replied in the other one i saw floating around so i'm going to just go for it and say: interested! i have two characters (maybe three but idk how many we're gonna be allowed to have) i'd like to use but i have absolutely zero 00000 none zilch nada face claims for them :'))) descriptions? oh yeah, got those, but the fc's..... escape me, constantly. help for finding fc's would be so nice fskjlsd

smolfluffball smolfluffball Oh trust me, we can help you find face claims. 😂 We do it all the time for each other! If you want to join the Discord, we'd be more than happy to help. ❤️ And there's no character limit.

👀 join the discord you say hmmm yes i would like to. my hand is hurting so typing is slower for me and i might be late getting into it but 👀👀 i'd love to play my characters again aha :'))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back