• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Newbie DM Looking For Players [Pathfinder]

lancastrians

Procrastinator Extraordinare
Edit: This is closed for now, thanks to all the wonderful responses. If places open up, I'll be sure to update

Hey guys, Maz here. The title says it all, really, but to go into detail-- I started playing Pathfinder just over half a year ago and got super into it. I still play sporadically now, but I'm interested in DMing. I've done it casually for my younger cousins a few times, but I'd love to really get into it for real.

I'd be running the Curse of the Crimson Throne AP and I'd rather do this via discord/skype voice and Roll20, so potential players would need access to those. The only other thing I ask for is patience and enthusiasm. It doesn't matter if you're a veteran player (I'd be glad of the constructive criticism) or you don't know the system at all (I'd be happy to teach and explain).

If you're interested, please reply below or feel free to PM me.

Last edited:
Sounds like a fun time! I'd only be able to play on the weekends if we did it over roll20, and I'd prefer to use Discord if at all possible. Not sure what kind of character I'm gonna make though. Any ancillary rules besides the ones in the AP?

Sounds like a fun time! I'd only be able to play on the weekends if we did it over roll20, and I'd prefer to use Discord if at all possible. Not sure what kind of character I'm gonna make though. Any ancillary rules besides the ones in the AP?
Sounds great! Weekends can work. I'm relatively easygoing and I hope players would also be too, although I'd prefer people to use SRD content. All third-party content would be considered on a case-by-case basis if people are enthusiastic about using it, though. :)

If you need somebody I am a veteran in the pathfinder system, along with the damn stupid shit that can be pulled in those adventure paths.

I've run through the whole of rise of the rune lords, I will tell you now, it made me hate fighting giants in all forms. Along with things called haunts, largely because they are designed to be unavoidable unless you have specific things to counter them.

Ghost traps, essentually.

But yeah, i'm down to give whatever knowledge you need on the system, and play, if yea need me. I read the system reference document like a priest does his Bible, but always know that GM have final say on everything, within reason.

If you need somebody I am a veteran in the pathfinder system, along with the damn stupid shit that can be pulled in those adventure paths.

I've run through the whole of rise of the rune lords, I will tell you now, it made me hate fighting giants in all forms. Along with things called haunts, largely because they are designed to be unavoidable unless you have specific things to counter them.

Ghost traps, essentually.

But yeah, i'm down to give whatever knowledge you need on the system, and play, if yea need me. I read the system reference document like a priest does his Bible, but always know that GM have final say on everything, within reason.
You'd be super welcome if you'd like to play! The offer is very kind, because I know I'll slip up haha.

You'd be super welcome if you'd like to play! The offer is very kind, because I know I'll slip up haha.
The key thing is confidence and having fun, i'll help with balance as it is always tricky especially if one wants to keep rule of cool in play.

But as long as we all work together we'll make a great story.

I'm willing to join in the discord, if you have a server made. I'm currently at work, so i'll join later if you pm me a link.

Hi there!

My name is Iris, and I would love to join your campaign. I have never played pathfinder, but I have experiance with DnD 5e (just hit the 2 year mark). I am more than happy to play any type of character that is needed (pref not a tank). Please let me know if there is still room. I can't wait to hear from ya! :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back