• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern new york, new york

amxlia

barmherzigkeit

New York, New York

in which two lovers meet; rather by surprise, but it all started with that one fateful job interview...

ooc - characters

amxlia amxlia youth youth

bqyonxhi55f3d55d042ef184177368.gif

code by pasta

aubrey angelica valentine | 9:15am | outfit

Aubrey stood in the mirror, looking at her appearance skeptically. Her sister stood behind her with a smile that stretched from ear to ear. Aubrey wore a navy dress with floral designs, something her sister had gifted her weeks before when she heard Aubrey landed the interview. The two had spent the past morning getting Aubrey ready. She had to impress her employer, given the fact she would be photographing at a fashion company if she got this job. She had to dress to impress, and her sister did a beautiful job of making Aubrey look professional.

“Hurry along, I don’t want you being late.” Her sister pushed her towards the door, handing the female her purse. “Call me when it is done! I want every detail!” As Aubrey walked out, she waved to her sister before walking to the bus stop. She needed this job, and money. She had been living off of her sister since she had been fired at her previous photography job. She did not have a car, her own place, she could barely buy her own food. She had to thank her sister somehow one day for being so kind and generous, Aubrey had no idea where she would be if it were not for her sister.

After the bus ride, Aubrey was stopped outside of a tall, glass building. It screamed “professional” to everyone who passed. After triple checking the address, she walked in. She was greeted by the scent of lilac, directly in front of her was a desk with a woman, beckoning Aubrey over.

“Name?” She asked, tucking a strand of her perfectly straight hair behind her ear making Aubrey jealous of how flawless the female’s hair was. Aubrey’s wild curls were pinned up into a bun, the back of her hair holding an intricate braid her sister did easily. Her sister was a hairdresser, and insisted on doing Aubrey’s hair for this interview.

“Aubrey Valentine.” She spoke softly, her voice sweet and gentle. The woman’s long nails tapped against the keys before giving her a smile.

“Take the elevator to your right, your interview will be in the first door you see. Ms. Delgado is waiting.” The woman pointed towards the elevator. Aubrey gave her a kind smile before walking towards it, her black flats tapping against the marble flooring.

After waiting in the elevator, which she spent her time making sure she looked presentable, she walked towards the first door she saw. Delgado was labeled on the frosted glass door, causing Aubrey to take a deep breath to calm herself. Her stomach was in knots, but she kept telling herself mentally that she could do this.

She gently knocked on the door, before opening it once she heard a “come in”. She entered what appeared to be an office. A woman sat behind a desk, and Aubrey felt her knees weaken. She was the most beautiful woman Aubrey had ever laid eyes on. She was the epitome of beauty. She had gorgeous tanned skin, thick, long black hair. Aubrey snapped out of it, noticing the clock on the wall as the big hand landed on 10:00am, Aubrey was exactly on time.

Taking another look at the woman behind the desk, Aubrey glanced down at her resume neatly tucked into her folder with all of her credentials. Past jobs, photographs, articles she had written herself and proof that she had graduated from university all sat in that folder, waiting to be handed over to that woman.

Elena Delgado

"I'm an editor, not a tiger. I only bite when I'm angry."

Elena, as always, had arrived at her building at precisely 8:00 AM, taken the elevator to the twelfth floor, and arrived at her spacious, neat, and stylish office at precisely 8:05 AM. Elena Delgado was a great appreciator of promptness and cleanliness, and was grateful to see a coffee in a white porcelain mug steaming on her desk as it was every morning. Everyone in that building knew her schedule by heart, not because they were greatly scared by their editor in chief, but because of their respect for her. Many of them had been working for Lavanda Magazine for years, because Elena Delgado only hired the best, kindest, and brightest, and did everything in her power to keep them. Setting down her bag as she entered the office- which had glass on two sides, one for her floor to ceiling windows and the other showing off the interior of the studio where many of her designers worked- she couldn't help but smile lightly. This felt just like what she'd dreamed of as a little girl, having a big, chic office. At the time she hadn't cared what profession she went into as long as there was an office like the ones you saw in magazines and movies.

Sitting down at her desk, she had immediately sprung into working, perching her thick-rimmed but fashionable -as was all of her clothing- reading glasses at the bridge of her nose. Elena had spent the next couple of hours like this, flipping through the design proposals, film from photoshoots, and page format ideas that had been submitted to her as they always had, by a large white binder. Of course, there were also digital copies, but the binder just made it all feel a bit more... official. For everyone. She was only torn from her examinations of that binder when her computer let out a cheerful ping to let her know that she had gotten a message from the front desk of the building. Glancing over to it, her glasses having crept down her nose to perch just a hair above the edge, she smiled. An interview. Hopefully it was someone good, unlike the rich brat that had come in the past day demanding a position as a designer because their 'daddy' would run her buisness into the ground if she said no. Of course, she still said no; no one in any industry would dare challenge the empire she'd built in her time with the company.

When her door swung open, Elena's eyes were drawn to the extremely nervous-looking girl who walked inside of the office. She at least had more of a personality already than some of the other applicants, shown by her bun that- while expertly crafted- was already falling out a bit at the sides, causing light strands of curly brown hair to fall and frame the girl's face. Sitting up a bit straighter at her desk and pulling her glasses from her face to place them upside down on top of the most recent edition of Lavanda, she smiled warmly at her. Quickly closing the binder she'd been holding not a moment before, she stepped from behind the desk and smoothed down the wrinkles that had been caused by her sitting down in her blouse and pants.

"Hello, you must be Aubrey Valentine," she greeted, glad that she was able to look the other young woman directly in the eyes because of their matching heights. She held out her arm before her to shake the hand of the other, her posture impeccable, a trait she was told added to her overall rather professional and intimidating look. Thankfully, the intimidation of her went away for her employees rather fast, but left an impression on other buisness men and women.

{sorry it took me so long, i've had a lot going on today and haven't had the opportunity to get on the computer}

code by pasta

Women who worked in the fashion industry were perceived to be beautiful. With their expert knowledge on fashion you would expect them to be. But the woman in front of Aubrey exceeded her expectations. The second she stepped out from behind the desk Aubrey swore she almost felt her knees give out. She was gorgeous, beyond even. She screamed perfect, without even trying. Her hair flowed down her shoulders effortlessly, her makeup seemed natural but still brought out her best features, and her outfit was professional while still extremely flattering on her body, making it appear much more longer and curvier.

Snapping out of her daze she shook her hand, giving a warm smile. Suddenly, she was not nervous for the interview, but more nervous for the fact the person interviewing her was very alluring. Aubrey had found women beautiful before, but never had she felt this attracted to one. “Hi,” Her voice had the slightest hint of shiness, but she was polite with how she spoke. “Yes, I am.”

After Aubrey took a seat on the leather chair in front of her desk, her eyes met Elena’s shining ones. She looked at the foral folder she held, and handed it over. “I-it has all of my documents, including another copy of my resume.” She said, cursing at herself mentally for stuttering. Aubrey always was an excellent public speaker, all through high-school and university she was praised for how well spoken she was. The second she was sat in front of a stunning woman, she lost all capability to speak.

When the photos she had taken weeks prior for a wedding were pulled out, she bit her lip. “Those were for my sister,” She explained. “I did them for free but they came out so good that she insisted I put them in. I also have a few normal ones.” She rambled, feeling her palms get sweaty.

Elena Delgado

Her smile widened to show just a hint of her pearly white teeth behind her nude lipstick as Aubrey sat, and Elena took a seat in the other white leather chair that sat before her desk. She did have a habit of shocking interviewees with this, but she felt it made the interview a little less intimidating. She crossed her legs easily and rested one arm on the left armrest of the chair and took the folder the young woman handed her kindly. Opening it and flipping through it, making sure to examine every detail, she couldn't help but be pleasantly surprised by how good of quality they were. True, she had expected good quality, but for someone this young the quality of photos was never as good as this girl's was.

"They are beautiful," she commented, pulling out one candid photo that the girl had mentioned was from her sister's wedding, showing the married couple with one's face smeared with cake and the other laughing whole-heartedly. A good picture made you feel as if you were in the moment, and Elena definitely could feel joy radiating from the photo.

Tucking it back inside she didn't even bother to reread the resume. Instead, she turned her eyes to Aubrey and set the folder on her desk to file away as she did with many of the works of those she accepted into the company.

"So, Aubrey," she began, holding one hand up near her face absentmindedly while the other hung over the edge of the armrest of the chair," why are you applying at Lavanda?"

Elena liked to get the generic questions out of the way first. And she always asked the same question, hoping for interesting, different answers each time. Usually, they were, and she was satisfied.

code by pasta

Last edited:

“Thank you.” Aubrey smiled, already hearing her sisters squeals when she hears the Elena Delgado said her wedding photos were beautiful. Her sister adored the woman, especially her style. Her sister was always the more fashion forward sister, while Aubrey was always more into her studies and photography.

The way her name rolled off of Elena’s tongue sent shivers down Aubrey’s spine, but she kept her composer. For all she knew Elena had no interest in dating women, Aubrey had to keep her thoughts to herself before she acted upon them.

The question did not strike Aubrey, but it was not one she had thought of. “I have never worked for a fashion company, truthfully. I have always worked for smaller companies, usually photographing scenery.” Aubrey began. “After I was fired from my previous job I realized I needed a change. And fashion was something I always found intriguing to capture. It is different than capturing a picture of the sky, or a tree. It takes both the model and the photograph it, and the thought of working with another person to create a form of art is something I have always loved doing.” Suddenly her nerves washed away and the outspoken, yet not too confident, Aubrey shined through. Each and every word dripped off her tongue delicately, as she put deep thought into what she was saying.

“And all of the photography I saw on your website seemed to be capturing more than a starving model in skimpy clothing, it was empowering women who didn’t need photoshop to show what was beautiful. And that is what I want to do, to make other people realize that beauty is more than a picture perfect model.” She finished, feeling quite out of breath.

Elena Delgado

As she listened to Aubrey answer her question, she couldn't help but be impressed. There were only a few people in the world who could impress Elena Delgado, and this random girl who walked into her office on a random thursday, had just become one of them. Her eyes were curious as she merely looked at her for a long moment, saying nothing and doing nothing but leaning back in her chair just slightly.

"You mentioned you have a sister, how do you two get along?" she asked after the rather dragged out moment of silence. It must have seemed like a random question, but everything Elena did had purpose, so did everything she said.

code by pasta

Aubrey grew weary of her long answer as the silence dragged on, but it seemed Elena was thinking. It was all very true, everything Aubrey had said. She grew up seeing thin models, thinking she had to be that way. It was clear Aubrey was anything but, she was rather curvy. As she grew older she hoped she would see more representation of various body types, and Elena seemed to be doing that with her company.

At the mention of her sister, Aubrey smiled slightly. "She is my best friend." She nodded. "She is four years older than me, but we have always been extremely close. She was the one who said I should apply here." Her sister was her everything, at the moment. She had offered her home up to Aubrey to stay, without Aubrey asking. It was a lot to give up when you were a newly wed, but Andrea was more than willing to house her younger sister until she got back up on her feet again.

Elena Delgado

Elena smiled softly at her response to the question about her sister.

"Perhaps she can come to visit you at work sometimes," she commented, leaning forward with a smile.

Yes, it was that abrupt with her. Of course there was the necessary paperwork, but Elena only ever did one interview a day, and Aubrey would be her last of the week, and her choice. She didn't care. It was something deep down in her gut that told her, but she liked this girl. Why, she did not exactly know yet, but she knew that overall she seemed a good person. Two questions had been enough, though she usually was one to have interviews that consisted of many, and it bugged the part of her that was ocd about these types of things, but excited that deep part in the stomach that dared her to break from her schedules.

"If you don't mind my abruptness," she continued a bit, to explain her statement.

code by pasta

The comment made Aubrey's heart stop in that moment. Her brows rose slightly as a confused, yet shocked look pulled on her face. It took her a moment to realize the woman behind the desk was being very much serious, as she followed her statement with another.

"I-" She could barely form words, before a smile erupted on her face, her white teeth shining. "You only asked me two questions." She said, obviously shocked Elena made her choice so quickly. "T-thank you, oh my gosh." She nearly wanted to get up and hug Elena, but instead she pressed a hand to her mouth to stop herself from gasping out in happiness. She did not expect to get this job, none the less be chosen so quickly, but yet again - Elena exceeded her expectations.

"When do I start?" She asked almost eagerly, but she held herself back as much as she possibly could.

Elena Delgado

Elena chuckled heartily at Aubrey's response to what she had said and easily stood again from her chair, offering one manicured hand to help the other up, a simple gesture of kindness on her part.

"That depends," she commented glad to see so much energy in one person. Perhaps she could convince the girl later on to be a model in a shoot, she had this glow about her..." Would you like the tour now? Or Tomorrow?"

code by pasta

"I don't have my camera or anything on me." She said with a slight frown, still feeling extremely giddy. "I can definitely come in tomorrow. What time would I start at?" She asks, already mentally planning her morning. She would have to ask her sister to do her hair again, though she did not think her sister would mind all too much. She just could not wait to get back and tell her sister the news.

Just then, an extremely attractive women walked in without knocking, too busy typing away on her phone. "El, our reservation was set for 10:30, its 10:45, how could you forget out dat-" The woman stopped her sentence, narrowing her eyes at Aubrey. "Who is this?" She asked, almost bitterly. She walked closer, extending her hand to Aubrey. "I'm Alison Hawks." She introduced with a shining smile, still a hint of jealously and anger in her tone.

Aubrey instantly recognized her, she was a model. An amazing one too. But, Aubrey was still stuck on the fact she nearly said "date". Did Elena have a girlfriend? Was she into girls? Or could this just be a close friend?

Elena Delgado

"Oh no i don't expect you to start today," she responded to the giddy young woman's comment," time wise for tomorrow I-"

She was ready to continue speaking when a familiar face came strutting into her office as she did on a rather regular basis. Though, the part of Elena that liked organization grumbled in annoyance every time she did. Elena's face paled the slightest bit as Alison- her long time girlfriend at that point- about said the word 'date'. It was a simple word, thrown around by many of her colleagues as if it meant nothing, but for Elena - someone who had been for as long as she could remember not comfortable with her attraction towards women- it was like the trigger on a gun.

"I'm sorry Allie, I must have double booked," she apologized to the blonde, who currently was holding out a stiff-armed hand for Audrey to shake," how about I make it up to you with lunch?"

Her heart was racing in her chest at the prospect of her employee- hell, her new employee- knowing of her big, dirty secret. She knew that many people were even more accepting now of being homosexual than when she was growing up, but that still didn't rid her of her fear of what others would think if they knew.

code by pasta

Last edited:
Aubrey was uncomfortable, to say the least. Not because of the fact that Elena clearly was into women, but the fact the girlfriend of the woman she found jaw-dropping beautiful was standing right there. Elena's girlfriend was just as beautiful as she was. She was tall, blonde, with beautiful, naturally tanned skin and stunning blue eyes. Aubrey felt so small compared to the gorgeous women in the room. Compared to the two, Aubrey was rather...normal. There was nothing she found about herself that was strikingly beautiful, truthfully.

Alison smiled warmly at her girlfriend, tossing her hair behind her as she continued on with the text she was sending. "As long as you plan on dropping me off at a photo shoot after." She said, looking at Aubrey. "Why are you still here?" It was clear Alison had not taken a liking to Aubrey, as she narrowed her eyes down at the short girl.

With a shocked expression on her face, she almost wanted to snap at the women. Technically, she was the one interrupting their interview and discussion. Aubrey still had no idea what time to come at tomorrow. She restrained herself from making any type of snarky comment towards the irritating blonde, and stood up. She looked at Elena and offered her almost an apologetic smile. "I can come at seven tomorrow." She said. "If that is early enough." Once the time was settled and walked out, not looking back. Her heart was hammering in her chest, more than ready to slide into a pair of comfy sweats and sulk over what had just happened.

Alison sat where Aubrey once did, scrunching her nose up. "You need to hire much more prettier photographers." She stated, picking at her nails. "Models feel intimidated when their photographer is....average looking." She sighed, looking at Elena with a sad look. "Just because your company is built on diversity doesn't mean you have to hire the first little snowflake you see. She was rather...plump wasn't she? She just won't understand how to get a thin model to pose. I would know."

Elena Delgado

Elena nodded with a kind - also apologetic- smile to the young woman as she stated that she would be there at seven the next day. Sighing she turned to Alison who had made a rather rude comment towards the girl that had just walked out of the room. Alison often made comments like this, but Elena brushed them off because of how much she cared for the woman. The girl she'd fallen in love with three years and counting ago showed her kinder side... sometimes...

"She is a talented photographer, Al," Elena responded, double checking that no one was looking before draping her arms around Alison from behind her and planting a quick but caring kiss on her temple," besides, even if she does pose you wrong, you'll still look gorgeous."

Outside of the office, a rather lanky young man with neatly styled brown hair watched curiously as the girl whom had come in for an interview stormed out. Once she'd gotten closer, he fell in step with her, a few design pages he had been going to turn into Elena clutched to his chest.

"So I heard," he said, his voice rather sing-song, but not in an annoying way," you're our new photographer. And that you met Alison."

{Why is Taylor Swift what I'm imagining for Alison's fc? Cx}

code by pasta

Alison looked at her girlfriend, smiling ever so gently as warmth filled her from the soft kiss. "Good. I would hate to be replaced." she stated, before rising. "Shall we go? I'm starving." She smiled softly, running a hand through her straight, blonde locks of hair, fixing her short dress.

When Aubrey heard a voice beside her, she looked up at him. "News travels fast." She laughed softly, having to crane her neck to look at him properly. It felt everyone in this office towered over her. "Alison seems...interesting." She admitted truthfully. "Does she work here?" She questioned. If she did, that would be a whole different issue for Aubrey.

(oh my god yes taylor swift fits her so well!)

"Alison works everywhere," he said, waving out a hand to emphasize his point," she's one of the top models in the fashion industry. Where have you been? Anyway, yes, even when she's not working here she's here. We're all pretty sure she and Elena are dating but, you didn't hear that from me. She's super touchy about it."

He smiled down at her, never really noticing how tall he was until super short doorways, that, thankfully, this building didn't have.

"I'm Kevin, by the way," he added as an afterthought," and I promise the rest of us aren't sharks. Just Alison."

{let's just say i'm a lil' lazy to find new code, so... yeah Cx if you don't mind i might just post like this for both from now on}

"Definitely," Elena agreed, grabbing her coat from where it had been draped neatly over the back of her chair and looping the straps of her handbag over her right shoulder," what d'you say about asian food?"

Of course, by this she meant her possibly favorite restaurant there was; Tokyo Joes. Sure, she got mocked a bit sometimes for it being a chain restaurant, but, she had in fact known the owner's family growing up and had been one of the first people to try eating at the place. Sometimes it brought back fond memories for her, other times she was able to just enjoy the well-made food.

Aubrey furrowed her brows, nodding as she understood. "This is my first time working for a fashion company." She admitted, looking up at the male. "Elena likes girls?" Aubrey asked a little too quickly, looking up at Kevin. "I-not that it really matters...i-it just makes a lot more sense.." She said, hiding her blush the best she could.

"I'm Aubrey." She smiled as they walked into an empty elevator. She hit the main floor and waited patiently, talking with Kevin on the way down.

Once they made it to the main floor, Aubrey noticed Elena and Alison walking out, laughing together. Aubrey chewed on her bottom lip, watching the two stunning women as they left. Slumping her shoulders slightly, she looked up at Kevin, sighing. "I should go. Kind of need to buy some more professional clothes." She admitted. Most of her "work" clothes weren't the fanciest. And she figured working here meant she must at least look presentable.

~~

Alison walked out with Elena, laughing about the last time they went out to eat. "It is funny how men think you are straight." She shook her head. "I'm telling you, once you are out, life is so much easier." Alison stated. "I would have never started dating you if I wasn't." She shrugged, smiling at her girlfriend warmly. "Besides, you work for a company that screams diversity. You have models with all different kinds of backgrounds and sexuality. It wouldn't be such a scandal if you did come out."

"And you aren't the best at hiding it, love." Alison teased with a smile.

Elena sighed, knowing this talk from her girlfriend was coming, as it usually did every time they were together.

"Al, you know how I feel about that," she replied tiredly with a sad smile," I will come out... when- when I'm ready."

The two continued out of the building and down the block, where the restaurant was located. Once they reached it, Elena and Alison were greeted with friendly, familiar smiles, as Elena was often there, and Alison came with her sometimes. They were seated quickly even though the line was long and the restaurant was packed. It did help to know people most of the time, and so did being a big-time fashion designer.

--

Kevin was glad to see that Audrey seemed a lot less uptight than a lot of the other applicants that had come in that week and the past one.

"Oh you don't have to worry about that," he commented on her work-clothes shopping," and don't feel like you need designer. You see what I'm wearing? Half this stuff and hand-me-downs and the other half is from a thrift store. But, I just like it like that."

His outfit was definitely what could be described as hipster, and it suited him.

"Anyway, it was nice meeting you!" he commented, stopping before the door of the room that he had been headed to," and if you ever need help don't be scared to yell my way."

With a slight wave of his hand, he ducked into the room and left Aubrey to the bustling lobby of the building.

Aubrey waved off to Kevin, walking out and towards the bus. She thought about what she was feeling, and simply decided it was too soon to say she liked Elena. For all she knew, Elena could be a different person. She doubted it, but there was still a chance.

Once she got home she happily told her sister the news. Ashley insisted they celebrate, so the two went out for lunch. Ashley said her husband, Andrew, had taken her out to an amazing Asian restaurant, and that it was the perfect place to celebrate.

The drive to the restaurant was quite short in her sisters car. Once they arrived the two were sat at a fancy table. Apparently Andrew's father owned the resturant, or something along those lines. They instantly recognized Ashley and sat them at one of the nicest tables they had.

As they were flipping through the menu, Ashley inhaled a sharp breath. "Don't look now," She started. "But Elena Delgado is sitting right there." She said softly, keeping herself calm. That was the one thing Aubrey hadn't told Ashley. Elena was her boss.

It seemed she was having quite the discussion with Alison, who seemed furious. "So you are telling me, it is perfectly fine for my girlfriend to cal another girl sexy?" She looked at Elena, baffled. "I could care less if she was a model, Elena. You still found her sexy." She said, keeping her voice quite. "What is up with you today? First that silly interview with that pumpkin, and now this?" Alison shook her head, sighing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back