• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern New York City Roleplay

BurningBridges

Hi!

I'm involved in a long term roleplay with a group of wonderful writers, and we're looking to expand our group by a few more advanced, literate, and committed writers. The roleplay is a character driven story based on a group of young people living in the same apartment building in New York City. It isn't one of those glitzy glam roleplays - just a straight forward, slice of life story with a plot that is furthered by character interactions.

We've been writing the story for a few years now, but because of how open the plot is, it would be really easy to add in new characters under the idea that they just moved into the building! In hope of spicing things up and adding in a little more excitement, we would love to find a few outstanding writers to join the group. We do have a few loose ideas on the basics of the characters that we would like to add in, but we also want to offer creative liberty to whoever joins in, so we would love to see what you have in mind too! Below is a basic blue print of the characters that we're looking to add in, but again, we're open to working with people on ideas once we find the right people.

Again, I do want to stress that we are looking for writers who are capable of committing to a story long term and can write eloquently, so we will be a bit selective in the process - no hard feelings in advance if it doesn't seem like a good match. We've been writing for long enough together now that we don't want to waste time bringing in characters that disappear/can't keep up anymore lol ;D.

If this plot seems like it would interest you and most importantly!!! you're a good writer who knows how to commit long term to a roleplay, please shoot me a PM or post here and I'll PM you more information.

We're hoping to bring in the following characters. We outlined some basic relationships that we think will make the story flow interestingly, but again, we're open to some tweaks if need be.

Apartment 4A-
Male 1: Cousin of Male 2
Male 2: Dating Male 3
Male 3: Dating Male 2
Female 1: Dating Male 1

Apartment 5A-
We already have two male characters in this apartment. We would like to add one female.
Female 2: She would have moved in after her drug dealer (one of the guys currently living in the apartment) told her that a room opened up after hearing about her apartment search. She's secretly hooking up with Male 1.

Last edited:
Tsk, there’s already a drug dealing character.

I might be interested in joining! Not sure who'd I want, but the female dating the drug dealer sounds fun.

I might be interested in joining! Not sure who'd I want, but the female dating the drug dealer sounds fun.

I believe you are referring to the female role in Apartment 5A with the two other guys. She is not dating her dealer; she was simply informed by him that there was a vacancy in their apartment.

OH MY GODDDDDDDD!!!!!! WE WERE JUST TALKING ABOUT WHAT A TREASURE YOU ARE AND HOW WE MISSED YOU!!! <3<3<3

Hello!
I was told about your thread and thought I’d drop a line and see if maybe if there’d be room for a girl character of mine. If not that’s okay too!! (:

I might be interested in that role but I say might because it depends on what the pairing would be like (since it would influence what MC would have to be like as well) maybe if I knew more about Male 2?

Last edited:
Corona Corona the character is “Henry Lovett” found here: Realistic/Modern - City Living Characters

To anyone interested in the spot, please feel free to send me over a character profile for the spot. We’re hoping to find someone with an interesting take on the character whose writing style also matches well with what we’ve got going on with the story :). Any PMs will probably be answered later tonight as I’m about to leave for work though ;D. Thanks as always for the interest!

Corona Corona the character is “Henry Lovett” found here: Realistic/Modern - City Living Characters

To anyone interested in the spot, please feel free to send me over a character profile for the spot. We’re hoping to find someone with an interesting take on the character whose writing style also matches well with what we’ve got going on with the story :). Any PMs will probably be answered later tonight as I’m about to leave for work though ;D. Thanks as always for the interest!
Are you still accepting apps for the character?

Alrighty! I'm interested in applying. Do you want the cs sent in tonight?

Still looking for "Male 3" and would possibly be willing to add in an extra male character if anyone is interested! Feel free to message me a character sheet if you think you'd be a good fit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back