• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy New Year, New Search

butterflychaser

She rules her life like a fine skylark
Hello, all! Once again, I am on the search for a few partners to write with and pass the time by! To help you determine if we would be a good fit or not, I would love to tell you a bit about myself and my rules when it comes to roleplaying.

Hi, potential new friend! My name is Rhiannon. I have been roleplaying off and on for the last thirteen-ish years and have been interested in writing for even longer than that. Currently, I live in the state of Georgia, meaning I am in the Eastern time zone. I am a full-time graduate student and am splitting my time between course work and two internships, so I tend to be a busy lady. Don't let this discourage you, though, for I still have a love of procrastination and will become overly invested in any roleplay that interests me! I feel like I tend to do best in fantasy-centered roleplays, but I am also not opposed to something more realistic. However, I don't really have any interest in roleplaying fandoms, so sorry if that's your cup of tea! I simply don't have the time to pick up fandoms, but maybe there's something else we can come up with together?

Like most roleplayers, I have my own rules. There aren't that many, really, but they’re very important to me, and I’d like to see them followed. Here they are:

1) Please use full sentences and proper grammar/spelling. Yes, I understand that not everyone can spell every word in the world, but most computers come with a word processor that has a built in spell checker. Please utilize that, or at least come close enough that I have an idea of what you mean.

2) If you want to end the roleplay, by all means let me know. Don’t just stop replying. I don’t want to sit around forever waiting on a reply that’s never going to come. It would also be nice if you could let me know if you were going to be offline for a while (as in several days, not hours), but that’s not really a big issue.

3) Please let me know if you're starting to get bored with something. Again, please don't just stop replying. Tell me that you're bored, and we can figure out a way to spice things up, or we can start something new. I'm not going to bite your head off or anything.

4) I only roleplay over PMs, as they're easier for me to keep up with. I also love having a separate PM for OOC chat and bouncing around ideas!

5) Please try to be active. I'm tired of starting roleplays that never go anywhere because the other person is never around. Trust me, I know that life happens and we all have responsibilities, but if you don't really have the time to commit to a roleplay, please don't bother messaging me.

[Note once again: I am a full-time graduate student, so there may be times when I won't be able to reply. I will, however, do my best to notify you of these instances beforehand]

6) You need to be willing to play both male and female characters. I refuse to play only a male just because you're only comfortable with playing female and/or are inexperienced with playing male. It isn't fair to me that way, and I would like this to be as fair to both of us as possible. Besides that, if you're serious about writing and roleplaying, it's my belief that you should strive to improve on areas where you're weak, and playing only one character because you're uncomfortable/inexperienced with the other gender falls under this.

7) I may or may not ask for a sample of your writing to determine whether or not I think we would be a good fit. Please understand that if I do ask for a sample of your writing, I am entitled to turn you down and hope that no feelings will be hurt in the process. I just don't want to waste anyone's time.

I think that’s all of them. They aren't all that difficult, are they?

If you read this far, tell me your favorite joke. I could definitely use the laughs

If interested, please send me a PM as I most likely will not check on this thread regularly.

The current state of events has me in dire need of an outlet again, sooo... bump :closed eyes open smile:
Please PM me if you'd be interested in a fantasy roleplay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back