• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

New to this, but here are two 1x1 ideas

Zyden

A short bit about me, then the two ideas, then the section about how I imagine this works.

Coming from a background with a great deal of IRL tabletop RPG experience. I joined this site a few months ago and I have discovered I enjoy writing. I'm not very practiced at it, but think I've made a good start. I basically know nothing about 1x1 but if there are folks interested in my ideas I'm happy to give it a go. Can link to writing samples upon request.

Under the Red Sun

• Dark Sun is a harsh desert world where survival is constantly in question.
  • D&D setting originally released in 1991. Style and tone set by the art of Gerald Brom.

The Rule of Threes

• Planescape is a fantasy kitchen sink. Campaign will use Sigil as a base of operations.
  • Factions will an element in the game.
  • Primary character will travel to many planes and see many things.

How This Works

• You pick any race/class combination and are the star of the show. A wise wizard, burly brawler, crafty cozener, daredevil debutante and so on.
    Other characters can be a part of your adventuring party, we would design those together and share the use of them.
  • Characters will be created by a simple Q&A system where I ask about your characters skills, thoughts, actions, feelings and so on, until we both feel we have a good sense of the character. This will only be done for main characters.

[*]We decide generally (themes) what kind of story we're telling together, but I am the DM and will pitch you some curve balls.

[*]We have very simple characters sheets for the adventuring party and use some kind of simple dice system to determine success/failure. Will likely use a fail-forward structure. Roll a d10 on occasion to see if your action goes as planned or succeeds with complications. Your characters very simple stats will grow over time.

[*]Either idea would involve combat at times.

[*]There will be occasional one-liners when characters are engaged in conversation or you need to ask questions. On the flip side, I am not into writing walls of text. Most of my posts are likely to be 2 - 3 paragraphs long.

[*]I'm on the site often during the week, less so during the weekend. Would like someone who will write 1 / day minimum. Slow downs during holidays are to be expected. Absences are fine as long as you let me know.

Any questions, ideas, concerns please PM me.

The Rule of Three sounds really interesting, and I can make either a male or female character, doesn't matter to me :P

As long as it's not zombies, I'd love to give Dark Sun a go as player with a DM narrating the story and controlling npcs. I too am new to 1x1 and also have tabletop experience, but enjoy the depth that writing allows.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested!

I realize you've had two people message already, but I would love to do a role-play like this with you! I moved a while ago, and I've been having some troubles finding another D&D group :(

I feel like this would scratch that itch I've got for both roleplaying and tabletop games!

Could be awesome to do a 3 person RP. Keep things quick and fluid, but provide two players for the DM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back