• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

New to Exalted? Come here! (take 2!) [Forum] [Dice]

So far it's looking like the following for choices (had to take the second option for a few people, a ton of love on Twilight and Zenith):

Dawn: Silent if no new players take it.

Zenith: Wingnut

Twilight: Exthalion

Night: Zachariah

Going to give a tiny bit more time to see if any new players want the Dawn slot.

I actually don't know how I missed Solyr's original post...was choosing the players on order of who posted first and juggling positions, somehow derped. As I did say, though, the Dawn slot is currently only filled by an experienced player who has said they'll bow out for one less experienced.

For Zenith, I have a Joan-of-Arc concept in my immagination. Standard Zenith, plus Ride, Medicine and Melee. Come to think of it, adding Athletics & Awareness, I could make her Supergirl as well.

Chargen is gonna sorta be done in game, as mortals. Think slightly elder scroll ish. Blank slates, sorta. Have a good idea on what you wanna be. Details will be posted soonish

[QUOTE="Thorn Darkblade]Chargen is gonna sorta be done in game, as mortals. Think slightly elder scroll ish. Blank slates, sorta. Have a good idea on what you wanna be. Details will be posted soonish

[/QUOTE]
Interesting, looking forward to this.

[QUOTE="Thorn Darkblade]Chargen is gonna sorta be done in game, as mortals. Think slightly elder scroll ish. Blank slates, sorta. Have a good idea on what you wanna be. Details will be posted soonish

[/QUOTE]
Oooh, this sounds fun! And yes, I do know what I want, though it might be better to make characters as a Circle.

Wait? Am I in? Playing Dawn caste? I am a bit confused.

I'll have to build some new idea, but I can manage that. When do you plan to start?

solyrflair said:
Wait? Am I in? Playing Dawn caste? I am a bit confused.
I'll have to build some new idea, but I can manage that. When do you plan to start?
Weren't you doign Zenith or Night? Exthalion said he could back out, but he was doing a Twilight... *confuzzled*

Sorry, I derped. Solyr, you have less experience than Silent, yes? If so, that spot is open as per a conversation silent messaged me with, but unfortunately the only slot left is dawn, which I know wasn't either of your choices. Silent, if Solyr accepts, I still may have a cameo roll for you :)

I'll fix up final config tonight. Those I've said are playing are

In though. So; for pregame, all you need is a basic concept. Do not worry about stats yet. We'll get to them in game (although if you are passingly familiar, you can start to at least think of some of the basics).

What you do need to know is the following though:

-You are a heroic mortal. This means while you are not one of the walking demigods an Exalt is, you are still cut from a different cloth than most of humanity.

-You can come from any walk of life, and from any locale in Creation. If you're still unfamiliar with the setting, pick any ancient civilization from our real world. There is most likely an equivalent within Creation, and I will fill you in on relevant details.

-For whatever reason, you have been captured and imprisoned in the citadel of The Mask of Winters, awaiting a fate most likely far worse than death. The events surrounding your capture should be sufficiently badass to warrant imprisonment and torture over a simple and quick execution. Have fun with it.

-Beyond that, feel free to come up with cool backstory. Any allies, familiars, followers, or other tangible backgrounds have been stripped from you for the time being, but may become available in game if I know you had a merc corp or a pet wolf or whatever.

Who is the Mask of Winters? Is he the guy up North that has been causing problems? Or is he the guy outside Thorn that has been causing problems? I really don't know much of e lore behind the world beyond some of the basics. North is ice, south is sand, west is pirates, east is trees and the Wyld.

Sorry, forgot to detail him. As a mortal, all you would know

Is he calls himself a Death Lord, and is an incredibly powerful being, commanding armies of undead and mighty servants known as Death Knights. He recently sacked the cultural Realm-allied city of Thorns, and has a massive citadel built atop the living corpse of an undying behemoth.

Thorns has been filled with a militia of undead and loyal mortal soldiers to bring the citizens in line, and is being transformed into an ever growing shadowlands, a place where the Underworld bleeds into the world of the living.

He wears elegant finery over Soulsteel armor (black iron that if one looks closely enough, you can see imprisoned souls), and his most distinguishing feature is his two sided mask made of in melting ice, one side bearing a grin, the other a face of horror. He switches which face is speaking by bending and popping his joints and limbs backwards to face the new side

Also, quick primer, incredibly simplified in most generic comparisons- north is ice, tundra, Vikings and Eskimos. South is desert and volcanos, and nomadic desert tribes with a few major settlements, west is islands and pirates, near east is free nations, horse riders, and naive American types, Far East is tall trees, further south jungles and mesoamerican based cultures, northeast is tall pines and redwoods. Near southeast is basically British-colonized Africa, except dragonbloods instead of the British. Center is Japan/china/Rome. Southwest is India and cannibal pirates. Outside all the edges is the Wyld, not just the east. Sprinkled here and there are a few shadowlands and Wyld tainted lands as well.

solyrflair said:
Who is the Mask of Winters? Is he the guy up North that has been causing problems? Or is he the guy outside Thorn that has been causing problems? I really don't know much of e lore behind the world beyond some of the basics. North is ice, south is sand, west is pirates, east is trees and the Wyld.
The one who conquered Thorns. There was something of a laugh at the writer/editor's expense because his original stablock listed him as having Lore 0 meaning he was illiterate.

solyrflair said:
Okay, so we have to create a mortal that would have been captured by this Death Lord?
Yes, for something sufficiently badass. Maybe you were a hired spy and managed to infiltrate his citadel. Maybe you lead a resistance force that managed to stand up to him for a while. Maybe you were just a significantly noticeable scholar or martial artist passing through the area. You're still mortal, but a really kick ass mortal.

Okay, so in some way, we end up close to Thorns. How far out does this Mask of Winters influence stretch? I had been thinking of a south desert warrior, but not sure if he is thousands of miles away that it would even matter.

How are we doing thaumaturgy? I always loved the idea, but I have heard that the point costs for it are outrageous.

Exthalion said:
How are we doing thaumaturgy? I always loved the idea, but I have heard that the point costs for it are outrageous.
Yes and no. Well done, thaumaturgy is amazing, and worth every point of cost put into it. Also, I do believe there are some charms that make thaumaturgy cheaper.

[QUOTE="Thorn Darkblade]...I do believe there are some charms that make thaumaturgy cheaper.

[/QUOTE]
Only the New Moon anima power, and that only with a generous reading, since it's not technically charm use. I think it's an obvious kind of thing that should exist, but it's sadly not in the books as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back